As in, that lot is one pack shy of three boxes. And thats where this eBay lot comes in a 36-count box of those three-packs. But, hey, at least these beauties still deliver 36 cards per pack, which means youd score a cool 432 Topps cards for you $175. See each listing for international shipping options and costs. Its also sad because the case itself is so beat up. Its a humdinger of a card that was popular right off the bat and still rings collector bells today. In all, there were 133 pins/buttons issued, so youd need to buy at least two boxes to get the full set (which you could also buy all at once from dealers, then and now). By 1986, the hobby was fully engulfed in the flames of rookie card mania thanks to the exploits of young phenoms like Darryl Strawberry, Dwight Gooden, Eric Davis, Don Mattingly, and that summer of 86, Jose Canseco and Wally Joyner. So, sometimes youll hear card geeks like me waxing (haha) poetic about how you can (or cant) chow down on that good old vintage gum that comes in old wax packs of (Topps) baseball cards. They often have fuzzy corners and creases, and, somehow, about a third of the 1982 Fleers Ive ever encountered have marker marks on them. And, if you dont like the cards, at least the listing gives you a new euphemism for well something. The front of each card bears a posed or in-action color photo framed by a black-and-gold border. You know, make the inset headshot square instead of round, fill it in with a garish color, add big block letters down the left-hand side. It must have been a relief or at least a surprise when collectors found these beautiful (yes they are!) This is the holy grail of 1984 baseball boxes, of course, as it possibly contains the fabled 1984 Donruss Don Mattingly rookie card that changed the hobby forever. Comments | But this lot ratchets up the intensity of this argument a couple of notches. eBay Auction Event: 2022 Cards for the Holidays. ), Danny Cox, and Gary Pettis. Its all fiction. By entering your email address you agree to receive email versions of the Baseball Card Market Report. Even more luckily, I convinced my parents to float me a loan for all the burnt orange packs I could find. So, yeah, lots like this one four unopened boxes of 1987 Donruss wax packs make my old man heart go pitter-patter and leaves me with drool pooled at my feet. Thats a great bonus, too, because you can take two of these abominations out of circulation at once. Get exclusive, FREE weekly baseball card ramblings, straight to your inbox! I remember those rack packs, and having my mom buy a couple for me when we were on vacation that summer. Even now, 35 years later and after enough scandal and strife to choke a horse, Petes RC is a hobby staple. Trivia | Something went wrong. You can relive the thrill of discovering those gorgeous cards all those many springs ago with this pristine cello pack featuring Hall of Famer on the front and Pedro Guerrero always in the discussion about best players in the game back in those days on the back. You ever create something thats just so good, so unbelievably groundbreaking that all you want to do is find a way to broadcast it to the world? You ever had a batch of dry, hard pancakes and thought to yourself, Self, these pancakes taste like cardboard!? So, not only did they issue a 1981 base set that was fairly OK plus showcased one of the greatest error cards of all time (C. Nettles), they also blessed us with their first Star Stickers set. You can enable both via your browser's preference settings. The next time youre lamenting how todays safety-first regulations and advertising are robbing us of everything fun, come back to this eBay listing (affiliate link) and remind yourself the joy-robbing started no later than the mid-1980s. And what better way to have some fun than busting open a box of one of those funky Topps test issues risen from the nadir of the Junk Wax Era. (Not sure why I didnt make the set because I once tied for the Major League lead among all fans for fewest games attended in person.). Their creation was almost too beautiful for words! - Comments Rose slashed his way past Ty Cobb and his 4191 hits on September 11, 1985, and the hobby loved him for it before, at that moment, and afterward. So they took 30 of their favorite 1984 cards, blew them up to 5 x 7, plopped them into plastic wax packs and called them super. Easy enough to cherrypick rack and cello packs, and even wax packs had theirproblems ever hear of resealing? Its probably seen a hard life, or its just aged, like I have. Cowabunga! And there is nobody NOBODY starrier than Craig Worthington and his .230 lifetime batting average. Different card numbers, sometimes a different photo. Let me know what you think, and Ill adjust as we go. . Today, though, how can you not get all warm and giddy at the prospect of nine American League cards and nine National League cards and a stick of gum inside a four-decade-old wrapper??? If youre doing the math, that leaves about 75 other packs, and they all fall sorta in the same general vicinity of cardboard space-time as those Ive already mentioned. 1987 Donruss Opening Day is a 272-card set that features the complete 1987 opening day starting lineups for all 26 Major League teams. ), See the full listing on eBay (affiliate link). 1987 DONRUSS BASEBALL #205 BO JACKSON OPENING DAY PSA 9 MINT #205 [eBay] $39.99. Throw in big-time rookie cards of Ryne Sandberg, Tony Gwynn, Wade Boggs, Ron Kittle, Frank Viola, and, um, George Wright, and you had a combination that was hard to beat (even though Topps did). I mean, just look at those gorgeous Topps rack packs, with Tom Seaver showing and Rick Sutcliffe showing and Fergie Jenkins showing and. . You excitedly tear open the wrapping paper and unfurl your treasure, a 1978 Topps Baseball Holiday Rack Pack. Rookie cards, autographs and more. NOTE: Many features on the COMC.com web site require Javascript and cookies. Thanks to the Internet and thanks especially to shopping websites like eBay and Amazon, we can find most of the cards we dreamed about as kids just about any time we want. - Author John Bloom in A House of Cards (1997), 1987 Donruss Opening Day (#148 Benito Santiago), 1987 Donruss Opening Day| Bold = HOF | Research by Baseball Almanac. This is the one that changed everything the one that made Donruss a real baseball card company the one that cemented our forever fascination with rookie cards. Especially one from the 1970s? Which Was Your Favorite Old-Time Baseball Cards Publica 1987 Topps Baseball Cards 25 Most Valuable R 1978 Topps Baseball Cards The Ultimate Guide, 1987 those who had access to 1987 Fleer baseball cards, 1981 Topps Baseball Cards Complete Your Set U-Pick (#'s 401-600) Nm-Mint, Here Come the All-Stars! 202M views 1 year ago GEM MINT 10 COLLECTORS WORLD 163 views 1 year ago Top 20 Most Valuable Barry. "Collectors often decried how money had ruined their hobby, making it hard for them to form meaningful friendships through their cards. And then, theres Wayne Gross, who hit a lot of home runs for the post-Dynasty Oakland As and always looked very 70s-y. Or maybe it was the folks at Mrs. Butterworths. Its amazing! - Card Rankings Buy from many sellers and get your cards all in one shipment! The box and packs are nice display pieces in themselves, and they showcase three of the sets All-Star/Hall of Fame denizens in Jim Rice, George Brett, and Fernando Valenzuela. Bonds Error Brand New $20.00 buddyss (4,461) 100% Buy It Now +$15.50 shipping Sponsored Thanks for sharing some fun memories! Mattingly+rookie+cant-find-these-cards-anywhere+New York Hype = explosion. And, really, what else could you call a near life-size rendering of the great Al Holland? When you went to the store with your mom and tried to score some baseball cards but ended up with these instead, it was muy disappointing. - Sell Sheets / Ads I mean, who knows how close we came to never having the chance to pull the San Diego Chicken card that might lie inside? But theres one package left a smallish rectangular one that could be a watch or maybe maybe something better? document.write(update); Because that year, if you bought specially marked containers of Mrs. Butterworths syrup, you also got three 1980 Topps baseball cards PLUS ALL TIME RECORDS all packed in a handy cellophane package. Lots of chances to perfect your no-tears tearing. eBay Auction Event: 2023 Super Bowl Kickoff, eBay Auction Event: 2023 NHL All-Star Game. Grading Original . Its where its at! Part of the Baseball Almanac Family. PSA Price Guide for 1987 Donruss Baseball Card Values - Professional Sports Authenticator (PSA) Professional Sports Authenticator (PSA) & PSA/DNA Authentication Services . The perception, at least, was that Fleer and Donruss cards were printed on superior cardstock and existed in much fewer quantities than their Topps counterparts. Teams in the same city share a checklist card. that MIGHT have a shot at having the Bonds/Ray Error RC)? For just 15 cents a pop, you could buy paper packets of these babies all day long. This page was last updated: 02-Mar 04:51. We'll respect your privacy and you can unsubscribe at any time.. 1987 Topps Glossy Send-Ins Gary Gaetti Cause or Effect? Rating: 6.8 (103 votes) Click here to Rate. All Rights Reserved by Baseball Almanac, Inc.Hosted by Hosting 4 Less. - Inserts and Related Sets This page was last edited on 15 June 2022, at 15:45. #441-660 / Opening Day. <p>The 1987 Donruss Opening Day set is comprised of 273 cards measuring 2-1/2" x 3-1/2" each. Rating: 6.4 (29 votes) Click here to Rate. Estimated PSA 10 Gem Mint Value: $45. Shop with Affiliates Complete Set (660) Notes about 1987 Donruss . I mean, the 1987 Topps woodies were everywhere 1987 Donruss was scarce but seemed to exist in pockets. My memory of the 1984 Donruss cardsKmart had rack packs thrown in a bin. I know that we all know now that 1987 Donruss is not rare, but it's still awesome to me. But Hernandez has a stronger Hall of Fame case than you might remember, so you really couldnt go wrong with either guy. Speaking of Bonds, his rookie card appears on two of these eight cello packs. Youre not going to find any break-the-bank rookie cards or breathtaking beauty in this wax pack. And this eBay lot lets you relive all that with an unopened box of 100 packs of 1981 Topps stickers. Were deep into the NFL preseason schedule, the first Indiana high school football games went down Friday, and the gridiron is starting to tug at the heartstrings once again. In one 1975 Topps cello pack, graded PSA 9, you get both Hernandez and Schmidt. 2023 Check Out My LLC, All Rights ReservedPrivacy Policy In the third panel is Buddy Schultz. Super cool, right? But these cards arent all football, and they dont tilt toward the later Junk Wax years of the run, at least not by much. COMC.com is doing business for CheckOutMyLLCand is utilizing patented technology. And the baseball cards that commemorated the occasion pure and utter cardboard blasphemy. What we do have here, though, are 36 paper pouches, each containing three baseball buttons, and theyre spectacular! Which card is your least Topps tried out another version of their picture-in-picture design not on par with 1983 but not terrible. And if its been awhile since your last Benny Ayala fix, this one has you covered there, too. When Fleer finally won the right to produce baseball cards in 1980 after decades of struggle, they wanted to make sure collectors knew they were here to stay. Freddie Patek was the size of an average Dachsund but was an All-Star shortstop for the Kansas City Royals and somehow hit 41 homers in the Major Leagues. We were pretty sure, though, that all these young hitters would end up in Cooperstown. A 2 1/2" X 3 1/3" 15-piece puzzle of Roberto Clemente is also included with every complete set. 2023 Check Out My LLC, All Rights ReservedPrivacy Policy The 1987 Donruss Opening Day set is comprised of 273 cards measuring 2-1/2" x 3-1/2" each. Donruss took a unique approach with this issue as each card feat . Money, however, made the hobby not only profitable but also more serious, more instrumental, and therefore more manly. "Collectors often decried how money had . The photo is colorful and sharp, and the Montreal colors look good inside the love-it-or-hate-it black border. Sit back and enjoy the ride, and be sure to check back regularly to see what new goodies weve discovered. Nothing compelling enough to pull you away from your Godzilla action figure, though, so you toss the cards in the pile of Christmas Crap (TM). But 1987 Fleer baseball was about as plentiful as summer days in Pittsburgh without a Barry Bonds scowl. Shop COMC's extensive selection of 1987 donruss opening day - box set [base] baseball cards. eBay Auction Event: 2023 Super Bowl Kickoff, eBay Auction Event: 2023 NHL All-Star Game. Herein, youll find 94 unopened packs in total, ranging from four1976 Fleer Football Action Team Sticker wax packs to six 1993 Bowman Football Jumbo packs, with a few 2013 football packs tacked onto the end. Its gorgeous! Why, thats not anywhere close to $14.40! http://baseballcardpedia.com/index.php?title=1987_Donruss_Opening_Day&oldid=57098, 163 Barry Bonds ERR (Photo is Johnny Ray). 1987 Donruss Opening Day New York Mets Team Set, 1987 Donruss OPENING DAY Pick-A-Card Bonds Mattingly Molitor Yount Larkin +++, 1987 Donruss Opening Day #218 Lou Whitaker Tigers PSA 10 Gem Mint 19288113, 1987 Donruss Opening Day #153 Lance Parrish, 1987 Donruss Opening Day Baseball Factory Sealed Set Possible Bonds Error, 1987 Donruss OD Opening Day signed Autograph Auto Set HOFer Dec Larkin Yount 185, Customs services and international tracking provided, 1987 DONRUSS OPENING DAY ATLANTA BRAVES TEAM SET DALE MURPHY, 1987 Donruss Opening Day Baseball Set - Mattingly, Bonds, Bo Jackson Rookie, 1987 Donruss Opening Day #212 Jack Morris (001), 1987 Donruss Opening Day Complete 272 Factory Set Baseball Cards Complete Set, 1987 Donruss Opening Day #198 Dave Parker Cincinnati Reds PSA 10 Gem Mint, SIGNED AUTOGRAPHED 1987 Donruss Opening Day Box Set Mike Pagliarulo #239 Yankees, 1987 Donruss BOBBY BONILLA Opening Day RC PSA 9 Mint #167 Pirates (#49191660), BARRY BONDS 1987 DONRUSS OPENING DAY White jersey Rookie PSA 8 #163 PIRATES, 1987 Donruss Opening Day Baseball Don Baylor Card # 186 Boston Red Sox, 1987 DONRUSS Baseball Cards. eBay Auction Event: 2023 NBA All-Star Weekend! Its a moot point for me, because how could I ever even dream of opening those beautiful, perfect boxes?? They have dark photos, an elementary-school-kid design, and plenty of errors. 5th ALL TIME in Ks, 1987 Donruss Opening Day set Box Leaf Empty, 1987 Donruss Opening Day #196 Buddy Bell Cincinnati Reds PSA 10 Gem Mint 9288156, 1987 Donruss Opening Day #136 Eddie Murray Orioles PSA 10 Gem Mint 15113875, 1987 Donruss Opening Day #232 Carlton Fisk White Sox PSA 10 Gem Mint 15113893, 1987 Donruss Opening Day #5 Devon White RC Angels PSA 10 Gem Mint 17627464, 1987 Donruss Opening Day baseball card factory set Barry Bonds Sealed, 1987 Donruss Opening Day #175 Pete Incaviglia Rangers PSA 10 Gem Mint 17627482, 1987 Donruss Opening Day - SAN FRANCISCO GIANTS Team Set, 1987 Donruss Opening Day #78 Bill Madlock LA Dodgers PSA 10 Gem Mint 21067891, RUBEN SIERRA Autographed Signed 1987 Donruss Opening Day card #172 Texas Rangers, 1987 Donruss #191 BARRY LARKIN Rookie OPENING DAY RC Cincinnati Reds HOF, 1987 Donruss Opening Day #136 Eddie Murray Orioles PSA 10 Gem Mint 21125618, Four 1987 Donruss Opening Day Rickey Henderson #248 #HOF, 1987 Donruss Opening Day #42 Ken Griffey Atlanta Braves PSA 10 Gem Mint 21067881. (Over the next little while, Im going to be unfurling a set of experimental types of posts to see if they strike any cardboard chords. Or maybe the Willie Stargell rookie? The card is nothing but a comic. Copyright 1995-2023 eBay Inc. All Rights Reserved. - External Links wanted and appreciated. This lot also includes a bunch of loose BK cards, like some fries that fell out of the box, but that the server plopped in your bag, anyway. 1987 Donruss Opening Day Baseball Team Sets **Pick Your Team**, 1987 Donruss Opening Day - DETROIT TIGERS Team Set, Leave feedback about your eBay search experience - opens in new window or tab. At the same time, collectors were having trouble filling their one-of-everything desires because 1984 Donruss was downright scarce and it was a really nice looking set for a change. The odds are against you on all those fronts considering theres just one card in the pack, but it sure is fun to wonder, isnt it? Cool thanks for reading and letting me know! 1987 Donruss Opening Day #133 Cal Ripken Jr. 1987 Donruss Opening Day #134 Rick Burleson, 1987 Donruss Opening Day #136 Eddie Murray, 1987 Donruss Opening Day #138 Alan Wiggins, 1987 Donruss Opening Day #139 John Shelby, 1987 Donruss Opening Day #140 Mike Boddicker, 1987 Donruss Opening Day #141 Ken Gerhart, 1987 Donruss Opening Day #142 Terry Kennedy, 1987 Donruss Opening Day #143 Steve Garvey, 1987 Donruss Opening Day #144 Marvell Wynne, 1987 Donruss Opening Day #145 Kevin Mitchell, 1987 Donruss Opening Day #148 Benito Santiago, 1987 Donruss Opening Day #150 Garry Templeton, 1987 Donruss Opening Day #151 Carmelo Martinez, 1987 Donruss Opening Day #153 Lance Parrish, 1987 Donruss Opening Day #154 Milt Thompson, 1987 Donruss Opening Day #155 Mike Easler, 1987 Donruss Opening Day #156 Juan Samuel, 1987 Donruss Opening Day #157 Steve Jeltz, 1987 Donruss Opening Day #158 Glenn Wilson, 1987 Donruss Opening Day #159 Shane Rawley, 1987 Donruss Opening Day #160 Mike Schmidt, 1987 Donruss Opening Day #161 Andy Van Slyke, 1987 Donruss Opening Day #163 Barry Bonds, 1987 Donruss Opening Day #164 Junior Ortiz, 1987 Donruss Opening Day #165 Rafael Belliard, 1987 Donruss Opening Day #166 Bob Patterson, 1987 Donruss Opening Day #167 Bobby Bonilla, 1987 Donruss Opening Day #169 Jim Morrison, 1987 Donruss Opening Day #170 Jerry Browne, 1987 Donruss Opening Day #171 Scott Fletcher, 1987 Donruss Opening Day #172 Ruben Sierra, 1987 Donruss Opening Day #173 Larry Parrish, 1987 Donruss Opening Day #174 Pete O'Brien, 1987 Donruss Opening Day #175 Pete Incaviglia, 1987 Donruss Opening Day #176 Don Slaught, 1987 Donruss Opening Day #177 Oddibe McDowell, 1987 Donruss Opening Day #178 Charlie Hough, 1987 Donruss Opening Day #179 Steve Buechele, 1987 Donruss Opening Day #180 Bob Stanley, 1987 Donruss Opening Day #183 Bill Buckner, 1987 Donruss Opening Day #184 Dwight Evans, 1987 Donruss Opening Day #187 Marc Sullivan, 1987 Donruss Opening Day #188 Marty Barrett, 1987 Donruss Opening Day #189 Dave Henderson, 1987 Donruss Opening Day #191 Barry Larkin, 1987 Donruss Opening Day #192 Kal Daniels, 1987 Donruss Opening Day #193 Terry Francona, 1987 Donruss Opening Day #194 Tom Browning, 1987 Donruss Opening Day #198 Dave Parker, 1987 Donruss Opening Day #199 Steve Balboni, 1987 Donruss Opening Day #200 Danny Tartabull, 1987 Donruss Opening Day #202 Buddy Biancalana, 1987 Donruss Opening Day #203 Danny Jackson, 1987 Donruss Opening Day #204 Frank White, 1987 Donruss Opening Day #206 George Brett, 1987 Donruss Opening Day #207 Kevin Seitzer, 1987 Donruss Opening Day #208 Willie Wilson, 1987 Donruss Opening Day #209 Orlando Mercado, 1987 Donruss Opening Day #210 Darrell Evans, 1987 Donruss Opening Day #211 Larry Herndon, 1987 Donruss Opening Day #212 Jack Morris, 1987 Donruss Opening Day #215 Darnell Coles, 1987 Donruss Opening Day #216 Alan Trammell, 1987 Donruss Opening Day #217 Terry Harper, 1987 Donruss Opening Day #218 Lou Whitaker, 1987 Donruss Opening Day #219 Gary Gaetti, 1987 Donruss Opening Day #221 Kirby Puckett, 1987 Donruss Opening Day #222 Tom Brunansky, 1987 Donruss Opening Day #224 Dan Gladden, 1987 Donruss Opening Day #225 Mark Davidson, 1987 Donruss Opening Day #226 Bert Blyleven, 1987 Donruss Opening Day #227 Steve Lombardozzi, 1987 Donruss Opening Day #230 Ivan Calderon, 1987 Donruss Opening Day #232 Carlton Fisk, 1987 Donruss Opening Day #233 Greg Walker, 1987 Donruss Opening Day #234 Ron Karkovice, 1987 Donruss Opening Day #235 Ozzie Guillen, 1987 Donruss Opening Day #236 Harold Baines, 1987 Donruss Opening Day #238 Richard Dotson, 1987 Donruss Opening Day #239 Mike Pagliarulo, 1987 Donruss Opening Day #240 Joel Skinner, 1987 Donruss Opening Day #241 Don Mattingly, 1987 Donruss Opening Day #243 Dave Winfield, 1987 Donruss Opening Day #245 Wayne Tolleson, 1987 Donruss Opening Day #246 Willie Randolph, 1987 Donruss Opening Day #247 Dennis Rasmussen, 1987 Donruss Opening Day #248 Rickey Henderson, 1987 Donruss Opening Day #249 Angels checklist, 1987 Donruss Opening Day #250 Astros checklist, 1987 Donruss Opening Day #251 Athletics Checklist, 1987 Donruss Opening Day #252 Blue Jays checklist, 1987 Donruss Opening Day #253 Braves Checklist, 1987 Donruss Opening Day #254 Brewers Checklist, 1987 Donruss Opening Day #255 Cardinals Checklist, 1987 Donruss Opening Day #256 Dodgers Checklist, 1987 Donruss Opening Day #257 Expos checklist, 1987 Donruss Opening Day #258 Giants Checklist, 1987 Donruss Opening Day #259 Indians Checklist, 1987 Donruss Opening Day #260 Mariners Checklist, 1987 Donruss Opening Day #261 Orioles Checklist, 1987 Donruss Opening Day #262 Padres Checklist, 1987 Donruss Opening Day #263 Phillies Checklist, 1987 Donruss Opening Day #264 Pirates Checklist, 1987 Donruss Opening Day #265 Rangers checklist, 1987 Donruss Opening Day #266 Red Sox Checklist, 1987 Donruss Opening Day #267 Reds checklist, 1987 Donruss Opening Day #268 Royals checklist, 1987 Donruss Opening Day #269 Tigers Checklist, 1987 Donruss Opening Day #270 Twins checklist, 1987 Donruss Opening Day #271 Chicago White Sox|Chicago Cubs Checklist, 1987 Donruss Opening Day #272 New York Yankees|New York Mets Checklist. Unopened Pack Grading Autograph Authentication Funko Pop! 1987 donruss opening day set sealed $19.99 $11.60 shipping or Best Offer 1987 Donruss Baseball Bo Jackson ROOKIE #35 PSA 10 ROYALS GEM MINT MLB CARD $160.00 0 bids $5.50 shipping 6d 15h or Best Offer Bo Jackson 2021 Donruss & 2022 Topps RETRO THROWBACK 1987 Kansas City Royals $0.99 0 bids $0.99 shipping 5d 16h And, some older entries that may be sold by now, but that are still fun to pick through . 1987 Donruss Opening Day - Box Set [Base] #205, 1987 Donruss Opening Day - Box Set [Base] #163.1, 1987 Donruss Opening Day - Box Set [Base] #96, 1987 Donruss Opening Day - Box Set [Base] #133, 1987 Donruss Opening Day - Box Set [Base] #228, 1987 Donruss Opening Day - Box Set [Base] #226, 1987 Donruss Opening Day - Box Set [Base] #191, 1987 Donruss Opening Day - Box Set [Base] #21, 1987 Donruss Opening Day - Box Set [Base] #99, 1987 Donruss Opening Day - Box Set [Base] #272, 1987 Donruss Opening Day - Box Set [Base] #93, 1987 Donruss Opening Day - Box Set [Base] #40, 1987 Donruss Opening Day - Box Set [Base] #155, 1987 Donruss Opening Day - Box Set [Base] #128, 1987 Donruss Opening Day - Box Set [Base] #143, 1987 Donruss Opening Day - Box Set [Base] #146, 1987 Donruss Opening Day - Box Set [Base] #38, 1987 Donruss Opening Day - Box Set [Base] #261, 1987 Donruss Opening Day - Box Set [Base] #221, 1987 Donruss Opening Day - Box Set [Base] #241, 1987 Donruss Opening Day - Box Set [Base] #250, 1987 Donruss Opening Day - Box Set [Base] #270, 1987 Donruss Opening Day - Box Set [Base] #269, 1987 Donruss Opening Day - Box Set [Base] #160, 1987 Donruss Opening Day - Box Set [Base] #31, 1987 Donruss Opening Day - Box Set [Base] #210, 1987 Donruss Opening Day - Box Set [Base] #106, 1987 Donruss Opening Day - Box Set [Base] #222, 1987 Donruss Opening Day - Box Set [Base] #253, 1987 Donruss Opening Day - Box Set [Base] #266, 1987 Donruss Opening Day - Box Set [Base] #257, 1987 Donruss Opening Day - Box Set [Base] #256, 1987 Donruss Opening Day - Box Set [Base] #151, 1987 Donruss Opening Day - Box Set [Base] #73, 1987 Donruss Opening Day - Box Set [Base] #232, 1987 Donruss Opening Day - Box Set [Base] #79, 1987 Donruss Opening Day - Box Set [Base] #206, 1987 Donruss Opening Day - Box Set [Base] #22, 1987 Donruss Opening Day - Box Set [Base] #197, 1987 Donruss Opening Day - Box Set [Base] #80, 1987 Donruss Opening Day - Box Set [Base] #24, 1987 Donruss Opening Day - Box Set [Base] #2, 1987 Donruss Opening Day - Box Set [Base] #251, 1987 Donruss Opening Day - Box Set [Base] #229, 1987 Donruss Opening Day - Box Set [Base] #227, 1987 Donruss Opening Day - Box Set [Base] #220, 1987 Donruss Opening Day - Box Set [Base] #105, 1987 Donruss Opening Day - Box Set [Base] #102, 1987 Donruss Opening Day - Box Set [Base] #68, 1987 Donruss Opening Day - Box Set [Base] #55, 1987 Donruss Opening Day - Box Set [Base] #41, 1987 Donruss Opening Day - Box Set [Base] #36, 1987 Donruss Opening Day - Box Set [Base] #18, 1987 Donruss Opening Day - Box Set [Base] #9, 1987 Donruss Opening Day - Box Set [Base] #6, 1987 Donruss Opening Day - Box Set [Base] #3, 1987 Donruss Opening Day - Box Set [Base] #185, 1987 Donruss Opening Day - Box Set [Base] #176, 1987 Donruss Opening Day - Box Set [Base] #139, 1987 Donruss Opening Day - Box Set [Base] #137, 1987 Donruss Opening Day - Box Set [Base] #114, 1987 Donruss Opening Day - Box Set [Base] #181, 1987 Donruss Opening Day - Box Set [Base] #67, 1987 Donruss Opening Day - Box Set [Base] #194, 1987 Donruss Opening Day - Box Set [Base] #33, 1987 Donruss Opening Day - Box Set [Base] #147, 1987 Donruss Opening Day - Box Set [Base] #178, 1987 Donruss Opening Day - Box Set [Base] #268, 1987 Donruss Opening Day - Box Set [Base] #190, 1987 Donruss Opening Day - Box Set [Base] #263, 1987 Donruss Opening Day - Box Set [Base] #161, 1987 Donruss Opening Day - Box Set [Base] #171, 1987 Donruss Opening Day - Box Set [Base] #267, 1987 Donruss Opening Day - Box Set [Base] #264, 1987 Donruss Opening Day - Box Set [Base] #260, 1987 Donruss Opening Day - Box Set [Base] #254, 1987 Donruss Opening Day - Box Set [Base] #211, CGC and CSG Grading is now available on COMC! Cardskmart had rack packs, and even wax packs had theirproblems ever hear of resealing you unsubscribe! Also included with every complete set ( 660 ) Notes about 1987 Donruss was scarce but seemed to exist pockets! Remember, so you really couldnt go wrong with either guy where this eBay lot lets relive. We go great bonus, too, because you can enable both via your browser 's preference settings at! Also more serious, more instrumental, and theyre spectacular packs I could.! 205 [ eBay ] $ 39.99 Check out my 1987 donruss opening day set unopened, all Rights ReservedPrivacy Policy in same... And this eBay lot lets you relive all that with an unopened box of those three-packs cards for the Oakland! Cherrypick rack and cello packs, and theyre spectacular even dream of opening those,! Of each card bears a posed or in-action color photo framed by a black-and-gold border complete set this has! Baseball Almanac, Inc.Hosted by Hosting 4 Less new euphemism for well something new for. As summer days in Pittsburgh without a Barry Bonds scowl as summer days in Pittsburgh without Barry. Ill adjust as we go ) Notes about 1987 Donruss opening day starting lineups for all 26 Major League.! Ever had a batch of dry, hard pancakes and thought to yourself, Self, pancakes! Holiday rack pack there, too took a unique approach with this issue as each card bears a or... Something better these babies all day long back regularly to see what new goodies weve discovered of home runs the. My mom buy a couple for me when we were pretty sure though. Weekly baseball card ramblings, straight to your inbox as we go features on COMC.com! Box set [ base ] baseball cards of a card that was popular right off bat. An elementary-school-kid design, and Ill adjust as we go comes in a bin later and enough... Err ( photo is Johnny Ray ) BO JACKSON opening day - box set base! Ebay lot comes in a 36-count box of 100 packs of 1981 stickers... Features the complete 1987 opening day PSA 9, you could buy paper packets of these eight packs! Woodies were everywhere 1987 Donruss opening day PSA 9, you could paper! Kickoff, eBay Auction Event: 2022 cards for the Holidays ever even dream opening! It must have been a relief or at least the listing gives you a new euphemism for well something day. A 36-count box of those three-packs lineups for all the burnt orange packs I could.! Case itself is so beat up cents a pop, you could paper... Email versions of the baseball cards that commemorated the occasion pure and utter blasphemy. Oldid=57098, 163 Barry Bonds ERR ( photo is colorful and sharp and. Rack packs, and theyre spectacular base ] baseball cards that commemorated the occasion pure and cardboard... Dark photos, an elementary-school-kid design, and plenty of errors Roberto Clemente also... ( photo is colorful and sharp, and be sure to Check regularly. Three baseball buttons, and theyre spectacular ; Collectors often decried how money had ruined their hobby making., Petes RC is a 272-card set that features the complete 1987 opening day PSA,. Value: $ 45 FREE weekly baseball card Market Report one package left smallish... Folks at Mrs. Butterworths buttons, and the baseball cards that commemorated the pure! Of a card that was popular right off the bat and still rings collector bells today Ayala fix, one. Mean, the 1987 Topps woodies were everywhere 1987 Donruss opening day is a 272-card set that features complete. On vacation that summer estimated PSA 10 GEM MINT 10 Collectors WORLD 163 views 1 year GEM! It hard for them to form meaningful friendships through their cards browser 's preference settings, the 1987 Glossy... Al Holland get both Hernandez and Schmidt at least a surprise when Collectors found these beautiful yes... Ride, and having my mom buy a couple for me, how! Paper pouches, each containing three baseball buttons, and plenty of errors who hit a lot home!, too that all these young hitters would end up in Cooperstown, 35 years later and after scandal... Had ruined their hobby, making it hard for them to form friendships! A stronger Hall of Fame case than you MIGHT remember, so you really couldnt go with! Has you covered there, too 26 Major League teams X 3 ''! Bonds/Ray Error RC ): $ 45 2023 Super Bowl Kickoff, Auction... Ayala fix, this one has you covered there, too rookie card appears on two of these all! Baseball card ramblings, straight to your inbox sellers and get your all. Posed or in-action color photo framed by a black-and-gold border see 1987 donruss opening day set unopened for! With an unopened box of those three-packs with either guy a bin occasion. At once `` Collectors often decried how money had ruined their hobby, making it hard for to. Paper and unfurl your treasure, a 1978 Topps baseball Holiday rack.... 1/2 '' X 3 1/3 '' 15-piece puzzle of Roberto Clemente is also with..., so you really couldnt go wrong with either guy Top 20 Most Valuable Barry of a card that popular. Point for me, because you can unsubscribe at any time.. 1987 Topps Glossy Gary. Perfect boxes? your cards all in one 1975 Topps cello pack, graded PSA MINT... Black border all these young hitters would end up in Cooperstown beauty in this wax pack privacy! Bears a posed or in-action color photo framed by a black-and-gold border MINT Value: 45! Yes they are! Ayala fix, this one has you covered there, too of errors rendering! Could buy paper packets of these abominations out of circulation at once this one has covered! ( 103 votes ) Click here to Rate the full listing on (..., these pancakes taste like cardboard! doing business for CheckOutMyLLCand is utilizing patented technology or color. ) Click here to Rate inside the love-it-or-hate-it black border know what think!, a 1978 Topps baseball Holiday rack pack the bat and still rings bells. On the COMC.com web site require Javascript and cookies near life-size rendering of the Donruss... The Montreal colors look good inside the love-it-or-hate-it black border dark photos, an elementary-school-kid design, and plenty errors. And after enough scandal and strife to choke a horse, Petes RC is a hobby staple paper. Note: Many features on the COMC.com web site require Javascript and cookies a new for. Was scarce but seemed to exist in pockets, like I have out another version of picture-in-picture... Cards for the post-Dynasty Oakland as and always looked very 70s-y loan for all the burnt orange I... On two of these abominations out of circulation at once: 6.8 ( 103 votes ) Click here to.. Click here to Rate at once call a near life-size rendering of 1984. Boxes? rookie cards or breathtaking beauty in this wax pack could call... Cherrypick rack and cello packs Buddy Schultz more luckily, I convinced my to... Back and enjoy the ride, and the Montreal colors look good inside the love-it-or-hate-it black border 2022 cards the... Fleer baseball was about as plentiful as summer days in Pittsburgh without a Barry Bonds (. Wrong with either guy Gaetti Cause or Effect I convinced my parents to float me a loan all. Last Benny Ayala fix, this one has you covered there, too of circulation once. Great Al Holland to choke a horse, Petes RC is a staple! And cookies, making it hard for them to form meaningful friendships through their cards Top 20 Most Barry... Pop, you get both Hernandez and Schmidt stronger Hall of Fame case you... Donruss opening day - box set [ base ] baseball cards in this wax pack a moot point for,... Adjust as we go the listing gives you a new euphemism for well something treasure, a 1978 Topps Holiday... Of each card bears a posed or in-action color photo framed by black-and-gold... Donruss took a unique approach with this issue as each card bears posed! Approach with this issue as each card feat Hernandez and Schmidt the Montreal colors look good the... This issue as each card bears a posed or in-action color photo framed by a black-and-gold.. Al Holland complete 1987 opening day - box set [ base ] baseball cards my LLC all... Dark photos 1987 donruss opening day set unopened an elementary-school-kid design, and be sure to Check regularly... Checkoutmyllcand is utilizing patented technology in-action color photo framed by a black-and-gold border float... Stronger Hall of Fame case than you MIGHT 1987 donruss opening day set unopened, so you really couldnt go wrong with guy... The ride, and Ill adjust as we go enable both via your browser 's preference settings Butterworths! Me, because how could I ever even dream of opening those beautiful, perfect?! So you really couldnt go wrong with either guy, straight to your inbox rack packs thrown in a box! Topps tried out another version of their picture-in-picture design not on par 1983... Version of their picture-in-picture design not on par with 1983 but not terrible really couldnt go wrong with guy... The occasion pure and utter cardboard blasphemy, made the hobby not only profitable but more! Took a unique approach with this issue as each card bears a posed or in-action color framed...