They have a somewhat cult-like following, and recently several brands have copied this style of rack. However, 1up USA has added a fourth position an intermediate half-folded setting that lets you access your stuff when bikes arent loaded but without having to tilt the rack down each time they need to grab something. An industrial-grade hitch mount bike rack that packs up small for easy storage View at 1UP USA Price: $595 List Manufacturer: 1UP USA By Curtis Smith Senior Review Editor Aug 31, 2017 72 OVERALL SCORE RANKED #13 of 25 Ease of EveryDay Use - 20% 6.0 Ease of Removal and Storage - 20% 8.0 Versatility - 20% 7.0 Security - 20% 5.0 GearLab is reader-supported. For users that like to remove their hitch racks at the end of each season, the Quik Racks design even makes it unusually compact to store. Explore 1up usa bike rack | etrailer.com Free Shipping on Orders Over $99* Only 3 Hours 38 Minutes Remaining *Available Within The Contiguous USA 1up usa bike rack - Products, Reviews, Research, Install Guides and More Loading About Us 1,056,204 Original Photos & Videos Returned for anonter rack. This happens a bit with the 2 bike version, but its catastrophic with any extensions attached. When you purchase through our links, we may earn a commission. Despite its all-metal construction, the 1 Up rack is only moderately heavy, and the bike trays fold to reduce its size for storage. All trademarks property of their respective owners Free shipping Sign up to receive BikeRumor content direct to your inbox. Driving your fuel-efficient commuter to the local trail after work? This makes camping with bikes an infinitely more enjoyable experience. 37,986 views Jul 17, 2019 650 Dislike Share Save Tommy Huynh t_wrex_mtb 25K subscribers I purchased the. Optional locks (for the rack and the bikes) cost extra, Theft-resistant hardware is used to attach each tray assembly, too. I spent the entirety of that six-hour drive caught between the psychic hells of I-95 traffic, worrying my pricey bike was going to fall off and get ground into the asphalt by the stream of following cars, and. Gotta have that, . Taking a group trip to the bike park? Notice that the driver-side tray is lower. A bike rack is a key component if the cyclists lifestyle, bringing your high-priced steed safely to the trailhead and back home. All of the other racks in our test, including the Thule T2 Pro XT have plastic components that are prone to failure over time. With a 3/8 x 13 x 1 added support bar under the tray, the Super-Duty versions are rated for 75 lb. Despite the aluminum construction, the Quik Rack weighs about the same as its more steel-intensive competitors. The double rack cannot be reduced down to 1 inch hitches. This year 1Up released the Equip-D Double rack which addresses these issues. Each part of the rack can also be replaced if necessary. Industry Nine iRiX Headsets Debut: Details, Install, and Actual Weights! The Super Duty rack is the burliest, with extra support bars in the locking mechanism. In the morning, a gentleman with a Forester came up to my car and asked about the rack and if OK to take pics. For standard bikes, users can have up to two additional racks, so when my daughter began riding bikes, I ordered an add on one. Save 30% + G-Form Pro X3 Knee Pads when you subscribe to MBUK magazine. Ive never had problems with swinging but I tightened everything within an inch if its life. The folding bracket system uses a clever design that secures the bike to the rack by pinching over the tires, keeping all contact points off the bikes frame. The 1Up is the only rack we tested that has no safety pin at the hitch receiver. Since 2001. For extra security, theres an optional plastic reducer that quickly snaps into place (not shown), Beefy aluminum extrusions lend plenty of stiffness to the trays, The look may seem a little crude to some but theres not much to complain about when it comes to the racks function, The arms open up extremely wide and accept a broad assortment of wheel diameters and widths. 1UP USA Worried someone mighttake your hitch? I was considering ditching my heavy, old T2 like you did I guess now Ill just keep it and save the money. MOTO But it seems awkwardly pairedto back upbike rack lock. 1UP USA Rack Stash Hitch Mounted Bike Rack Storage - Wall Mounted Hitch Storage Rack - Ski and Cargo Garage Organizer - Bike Organizer for Garage - Hitch Vertical Storage Rack. 00. Thats led to some updates to the RakAttach, with the latest version seen here. Sean. By nearly all standards, the 1UP Quick Rack is one of thebest purchases Ive ever made. And if you are running a fat bike, youll need to either deflate the tires or buy fat-friendly spacers to widen the arms. STORE, ABOUT US Here is the second rack folded up and down. In addition, the rack itself is WAY more flexible that the previous version and even more flexible than the markedly cheaper Thule T2 Pro. Quality product. To install the RakAttach, youll need to bolt on the Latch and Hook mechanism. While we appreciate the access the extra-low tilt setting provides, it goes so low that it's hard to lower the rack and get out of the way. It comes out of the box fully assembled and ready for use. Although they accommodate a wide range of wheel diameters, for example, theres some partial disassembly required to make adjustments. 166. Especially with the no tools part of it. Central NJ. We put it through the wringer on high-speed fire roads before bolting it on the back of a rally car for some sideways load testing. My friends who were traveling separately were hauling two bikes (lighter ones to boot) on their 1UP and the amount of movement they had was unnerving. GearJunkie Copyright 2013 2023. SoundDaTrumpet Member Jun 22, 2017 544 346 Bay Area, California Jul 9, 2020 #22 Incredulocious said: So if you buy one in the 1.25 version, carry your multi tool they now include with the rack and check it at every gas stop. out with the bikes installed because the bolt had loosened so much, all I could think about is how it could kill somebody if that thing came out on the interstate doing 80mph. Choosing the Right Bike Rack for Your Car, the world's most carefully tested and objective gear reviews, Reasonably priced, highly versatile, solid construction, user-friendly tilt release, comes with locks, Very secure hold, no frame or fork contact, More security features than other trunk racks, comes in 2 and 3 bike versions, lightweight, folds small for transport or storage, more stable than other trunk racks, Very inexpensive, no assembly required, lightweight, folds small for storage, Lacks security features, difficult to tilt, heavy, Sits slightly closer to vehicle than some, some assembly required, Design seems a little over-complicated, limited to vehicles with low roof height, you have to lift bike to height of roof to load, Some assembly required, 33 lbs per bike weight limit, may not be compatible with all frames styles and shapes, Not adjustable, support arms may not work with all frame shapes/styles, no security features, A versatile hitch-mount rack that provides a high price to performance ratio, A roof-mount rack with an exceptionally sturdy and secure hold of your bicycle with no frame contact, A quality trunk mount rack that stands out for its security features, stability, and adjustability, A very affordable, bare-bones trunk rack for the infrequent rack user on a tight budget, Yes, single bike version and rack add-on for one additional bike, Yes, 1.25" reciever, single bike add-on sold separately. We've had a few different bike racks to transport our bikes over the years but bit the bullet and bought the most expensive one we've ever purchased. Depending on the variety of your riding crew, 1UPs bike rack is ready to transport bike wheels from 16- to 29-inches in diameter. 1Up claims it fits wheel diameters from 16-inches up to 29-inches and tires up to 3.1-inches wide. With the trays folded in, it will fit in the trunk of many cars, which is a useful feature for those without a garage who want to stow their rack to prevent theft. No cherry-picked units sent by manufacturers. If you arent regularly rallying through forest roads, it is a lovely addition to keep the bike rack on your vehicle all the time. It was a rather flimsy device that attached via straps and rested on the rear window of my Volvo wagon. 1996-2023, Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates, Select a location to see product availability. Your recently viewed items and featured recommendations, 1UP USA Rack Stash Hitch Mounted Bike Rack Storage Wall Mounted Hitch Storage Rack - Ski and Cargo Garage Organizer Bike Organizer for Garage Hitch Vertical Storage Rack, 1UP USA Car & Trailer Hitch Bar stop Tow Towing Travel Hitch Receiver Pin Locking for Bikes, Bicycles. This weightmakes loweringthe rack from the upright position to bike-ready a bit of a chore and makes hauling the rack from storage to the truck an downright P90Xworkout. Pablo- I made CPVC blocks and bought extra bolts and plastic knob nuts. A unique anti-wobble device doubles as the securing mechanism for the rack. No hassle, no wobble, is the companys tagline, and indeed, theres nothing nicer when youre carrying bikes than to not be thinking about carrying bikes. I guess he thought no one was in the vehicle.I had to get out to tell him he was in our way. .css-viwx02{font-size:14px;line-height:26px;letter-spacing:normal;font-weight:400;font-family:"Retina Wide",sans-serif;font-style:normal;-webkit-text-decoration:none;text-decoration:none;-webkit-font-smoothing:antialiased;-moz-osx-font-smoothing:antialiased;white-space:normal;}.css-viwx02:hover{-webkit-text-decoration:none;text-decoration:none;color:#747474;}@media (max-width: 640px){.css-viwx02{font-size:13px;}}Wellness > Fitness, By .css-prm7g5{font-size:1rem;line-height:1.625rem;letter-spacing:normal;font-weight:normal;font-family:"Escrow Text",serif;font-style:italic;-webkit-text-decoration:none;text-decoration:none;-webkit-transition:all 0.2 ease-in-out;transition:all 0.2 ease-in-out;-webkit-font-smoothing:antialiased;-moz-osx-font-smoothing:antialiased;white-space:normal;margin:10px 0px;}.css-prm7g5:hover{-webkit-text-decoration:underline;text-decoration:underline;color:#366;}Tom Vanderbilt. Because the arms can sway open to the far right and left, you can stagger the bikes, minimizing the requiredspread between the trays. Price and other details may vary based on product size and color. The unique design features two tire clamps rather than the single clamp design found on most other hitch racks we tested. Future-proof, too. You find more reviews and blogs on https:/. The 1UP is one of the only hitch racks we tested that does not include any locking hardware. The rack only contacts the tires of the bike and can accommodate up to 3.1-inch tires on the standard width. The made-in-house ratchets work well but require an extra hand to operate when opening up the arms. 1UP sent us their 2 Super Duty 2 bike rack in black, along with their RakAttach swing out system. We reached out to 1UP USA and told them about an upcoming trip where wed be taking an E-bike and an XC bike up to a workday with the Trans-Cascadia crew. The Pivot worked great, except that it blocked the exhaust pipe of his Honda Element which wasnt an ideal situation. It works well but really should be standard and you dont need to buy a new rack. Going on a road trip in your #Vanlife mobile? ABUS AirDrop Full-Face MTB Helmet Brings Optional Smart Technology to North America, New Fezzari Timp Peak Enduro eMTB Gets All the Shocks. No more reaching and pulling required. The rack is secured to the vehicle by an expanding wedge that also takes the wobble out of the system. Our RadRover 5 Electric Fat Bikes each weigh . Owners of smaller vehicles should also note that 1up USA approves its 1 1/4in model to hold up to three bikes instead of the usual two. I purchased each independently before they started integrating their products. If you live in the city or like to travel with your bike, you want to protect yourride. The all aluminum construction makes the rack impervious to the deterioration that other racks experience as a result of sun-damaged plastic. When it became loose, it would slide further into the hallow hitch and butt up against my exhaust. https://www.1up-usa.com/product/quik-slide/. About Gomez Get 15% OFF straight away with this 2023: get 15% off 1UP USA Free Shipping. Brilliant design and features but could use a bit more refinement. Also, the bolts and fasteners on the 1UP are all stainless steel for corrosion resistance. 43 pounds for the RakAttach on top of the 50-plus pound rack. 1Up-USA is made in the USA right here in America's Dairyland. Each additional tray is $190-240). Driving your fuel-efficient commuter to the local trail after work? Though the single is offered in 1 inch diameter. All rights reserved. And when the bikes are racked on the attaching rack, youll notice the bikes sway more so than if the rack is attached directly to your vehicles hitch port. CONTACT US Because the trays do not have a trough for the front wheel, securing a single clamp will still enable the bike to roll backward until the second wheel clamp is in place; this makes loading bikes a bit trickier and less user-friendly. I also a have an add-on adapter so I can move one bike rack to our car without having to buy another rack system for it. When you click on links to buy products we may earn money to support. Are some of the new components able to be bolted to older 1up racks? The Equip-D is available with either a 1.25 or 2 hitch bar and sold as a single or double tray. Youll hear thecomforting sound of the lever ratcheting tightly as you push the arms over the tires. To free the bike, its better torollthe bike out of the second arm. The Specialized Turbo Tero X is a Go Anywhere + Bring It All, Mullet eBike. A quick installation video showing how to attach a 1UP USA RACK ADD-ON to your existing 1UP USA bike carrier.https://www.1up-usa.com/product-category/bike-ra. Ive had a 1up 4-bike rack setup since 2015 and a RakAttach since 2017. We independently buy, test, and rate all the products we review. The rack must be inserted into the receiver a minimum of 2", but there are no markings to indicate the insertion depth. Loading and unloading the bikes is a snap. 4.8 4.8 out of 5 stars (732) $59.00 $ 59. 2. With some tooled adjustments, the racks can fit fat bikes to kids bikes, and the design allows you to stagger bikes so they dont rub against each other. Bikerumor Copyright 2013 2023. The rack came tightly folded in a 2x2x4 box, making me think they forgot something. The new SRAM Force AXS group drops the eTap moniker and gets lighter, brighter, and more ergonomic. There is a myriad of hitch racks on the market, but one of the most unique looking is this option from 1UP. It may be the quickest hitch rack securing method weve used. Amusing but just little anecdotes of a really cool setup. Now you can release the black bar mechanism to drop the rack with one fell swoop. If carryingmore than onebike is in your future, youll want to purchase the double rack, which can carry up to fourbikes. No standard hitch pin required for mounting due to the corner expander ball. The much narrower stance of the support bars (vs the older HD rack) is the culprit here. Or you can purchase replacement parts directly from 1Up. Material on GearLab is copyrighted. This rack is for the cyclist looking for none other than a 2 unit. At a race in Sacramento, someone on a bike caught up to me asking about the rack. Im having a little trouble picturing it. 1UP USA Super Duty Double: https://www.1up-usa.com/product/2in-super-duty-double-bike-rack/Holiday Gift Guide: https://ebikeescape.com/electric-bike-gift-ide. Theres really no way to scuff your bikes polished finish (or time earned patina). The rack itself attaches to the cars hitch adapter with equal ease, thanks to an expander ball that you move via a wrench with a proprietary design (so no one steals it). Whats the unique corner expander ball, you ask? Bike transportation options are as unique as the vehicles and owners who use them. Only compatible with non-slotted 2 hitch bar (Prior to April 2019). eMTB Youll still need tools and adapters to go from regular to plus or fat tires and vice versa, right? geruta 9 mo. *Cannot accommodate key numbers on previous or future orders. 1UP USA Bike Rack Unboxing, Review, Vehicle Installation, and Building a Custom Wall Hanger 37,988 views Dec 31, 2020 730 Dislike Share Picture Time 16K subscribers We love to get outside. Worth the money. 2 Super Duty Double $649 The hitch pin slot is significantly smaller than a standard hitch pin, and the locking hitch pin they provide is actually more like a trailer lock, but it works fine. Thanks ! An industrial-grade hitch mount bike rack that packs up small for easy storage, This is a heavy-duty made in the USA, tray-style hitch rack. 1Up racks are among the most noticeable models on the market due to their unique design. It was an improvement but still had flaws. The arms have a little extra sway, and without two points of contact on the front wheel, the bikes have a tendency to wobble a good amount. Additionally, 1Up sells add-ons to increase your racks capacity by 1 bike (up to 4 bikes max). The Quik Racks arms themselves could do with a little tweaking, too. All parts are machined out of aluminum and made in their Wisconsin shop. When I got heavily into road cycling more than a decade ago, one of the first things I bought was a rack for the car. Also I have never had the tension ball screw or bolt come loose. Its more of a trade-off. The doohickey is a shiny flat set of platforms with a particularly "engineered" appearance to them. For example, families could build a three-bike system which would be much more compact, lighter, and cheaper than the usual four-bike monstrosities while single folks could just purchase a smaller (and again, cheaper) one-bike setup. FEATURES I loweredthe spacers on the armsone to its lowest rungto snugtwo kids bikes to the trays. A bike rack is a key component if the. RakAttach $359. Apr 18, 2021 the driver side red lever of my bike rack is stuck. Speaking of which, 1up USAs tilt mechanism deserves some extra mention. And, the XPLR gravel group officially gets Force-level parts and performance! The Quik Racks Erector Set-like aesthetic might not suit everyone but its hard to complain about the modularity of the design and the convenience it affords as each tray is individually bolted on to the base and can be added or subtracted as needed. The all-new Fezzari Timp Peak takes its enduro-ready Le Sal Peak and adds a Shimano EP8 drive system to it for crushing mountains on the way up and down. 5.0 out of 5 stars Effective tool as described. The rack, which had no visible logos, came from a company called 1Up, in Wisconsin. Too easy. Stacked in the corner of a garage, the rack isa heavy chunk of gear that could all to easily fall on an unlucky person. We are pushing 80, but the bikes arentbudging. The Double Super Duty Quik Rack weighs a staggering 47 lb. Did I mention I always get stopped by folks asking about my setup? One of the best features for Element owners like Zach, is that the RakAttach is available in either left or right swing. I boltedagarage rack ($60) to the wall to keep it up and out of the way. Our other issue with the 1UP is the difficult to access tilt release that is located under the rack. The 1up-usa rack doesn't use a traditional pin or anti-rattle pin, but rather a clever ball-wedge system to secure the rack in the hitch and keep it from rattling or swaying around. The 1UP USA units are the fastest hitch-mounting and bike-loading racks ever! Secure your valuable 1UP USA Rack to the hitch of your vehicle with the Hitch Bar Lock! The actuator I need because as a 411 98 lb woman, I just have a problem reaching down and pulling that 4-bike setup to fold up/down. The Cannondale SuperSix EVO Is Lighter, Faster, More Aero, and Tops Out at $15,000! Despite our best efforts, the rack never missed a beat. Thanks for your thorough review. Off the shelf, therack armscan accommodateup to a 29+, 3 inch tire. I was unable to use the tilt mechanism on our vacation as a result. 2023 Chevy Colorado Review: Sights, Sounds, and Sensations From Behind the Wheel, Unparalleled Sharpness: Wenger Aphid 2 Review, Volume: Two bikes. The folding tray design allows 1Up to ship the model with the trays folded, so when the rack arrives, all you have to do is remove it from the box, fold open the trays and attach it to your vehicle. At $609 the 1 Up is the most expensive rack that we tested, but folks with high end bikes will love the fact that the rack holds the tires, with no metal parts touching the frame or fork. The 1UP is a great bike rake and the quickest ever to load/unload bikes by yourself. The ramp I need to prep for the extra weight after I modify our bikes to ebikes. You may recall Zachs review of the Kuat Pivot last year, which was developed as part of a collaboration between RakAttach and Kuat. All with what feels like Indy 500 pit crew speed. No assembly required. The tilt mechanism, first of all, is terrible. Got feedback? For the extra cautious, 1UP sellsahitch bar lock for $20. We put 1UPs bike rack through some seriously heavy abuse on some high-speed back roads, and it is still holding on. The 1up USA Quik Rack hides nothing beneath its abashedly industrial aesthetic an intricate array of alloy extrusions, bars, and blocks, all carefully machined and bolted together. We combine superior materials and craftsmanship with a keen understanding of. #101. 1UP offers a single and double tray rack, in both a heavy dutyand superduty rack. 41K views 3 years ago This is the all new 1up USA bike rack. What we have found is that no one answer is always the best. In Tahoe, a ski resort owner wanted to know how it folds. Pins are also included to secure your tires to the rack, but a lock and chain or cable would be essential to really secure the frames to the bike rack. In the world of bike racks, 1Up USA set a high bar for durability and quality. We found that even with a somewhat loose setting, the frame or fork never contacted the rack. Find Up to 10% OFF military discount with 1UP USA military Promo Codes. per bike spot. Saris Modular Hitch System Base Accessory, MHS Duo 1-Bike Tray and Add-On Tray for MHS 1+1, 2+1, 3+1 Bike Rack Bases, 1 Bike Per Tray, WEIZE Hitch Bike Rack, Wobble Free Smart Tilting Folding Bicycle Car Racks for Standard, Fat Tire and Electric Bike, 2-Bike 120 lbs Capacity, 2-inch Receiver, Kuat Sherpa 2.0 - 2" - 2-Bike Rack - Gray Metallic, Gray Metallic/Orange Anodize, INNO INH120 Tire Hold Hitch Mount (1.25"/2") Platform Rack (2) Bike (E-bike, Fat Tire, Full Suspension, Carbon Capatible), Hollywood Racks Sport Rider 2" Hitch Bike Rack, Carries 2 Bikes up to 80 lbs Each for Standard, Fat Tire and Electric Bicycles - Heavy Duty, Foldable Ebike Rack for Car, Truck, RV and SUV, Kuat Piston Pro X Hitch Rack - 2-Bike Galaxy Gray, 2in, Kuat NV 2.0, 1 Bike Add On - +1-Bike Rack Extension - Gray Metallic/Orange Anodize, INNO INH110 Tire Hold Hitch Mount (1.25"/2") Platform Rack (1) Bike (E-Bike, Fat Tire, Full Suspension, Carbon Compatible), Thule EasyFold XT 2 Hitch Bike Rack - E-Bike Compatible - Fits 2" and 1, 1/4" receivers - Tool-Free Installation - Fully Foldable - Easy Trunk Access - Fully Locking - 130lb Load Capacity, PHUNAYA Extension Bike Rack Garage,Bike Wall Mount for Bicycle Storage,Folding & Stretch & Adjustable & Horizontal Bike Hanger, Indoor Bike Rack Heavy Duty to 77lb(2Pack), Easy to install trunk and hitch bike racks, Bicycle Storage, Organization & Transportation, All customers get FREE Shipping on orders over $25 shipped by Amazon, Sports Equipment Vehicle Mounting Location. The wedge is turned with a special hex wrench that comes included with the rack. So take good advantage of your Recon Racks from $32 when shopping on 1UP USA. Zachs review of the Kuat Pivot last year, Shimano CUES Reinvents Mid-Tier Groups With Intercompatible 9-, 10-, and 11-Speed Components, New Shimano Hubs Ditch Cup & Cone for Affordable, Modular, Sealed Bearing Design, Mountain Bike? Our experts test thousands of products each year using thoughtful test plans that bring out key performance differences between competing products. The bikes arent going anywhere, though theyll now be known as Revels! With two arms holding on to each bike instead of the usual one, theres also a little extra piece of mind that your precious cargo wont inadvertently end up on the side of the road. 1UP USA design and manufacture all their racks right in here in the USA. The 1Up USA Heavy Duty Quik Rack does not have a locking system, but it uses a special hex wrench to install or remove. Can carryup to 4 bikes (with aftermarket racks). So.these are the COOLEST things about the 1UP bike rack 1 year review of the Equip-D Single Check out other 1UP Racks here: https://www.1up-usa.com/prod. By signing up for email newsletters, you agree to GearJunkie's, Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window), Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window), Click to email a link to a friend (Opens in new window). 1UP USA is up to the challenge. The single bike version appeals to me because it can be left semi-permanently installed/folded up and not interfere with rear hatch. Ive been using 1UP USAs Super Duty Quik Rack for a few months now, hauling bikes over a 1,000 miles ontarmac, gravel and everything in between. The review is unbiased.Thanks for liking, sharing, commenting and subscribing!Here's 1UP USA's Wall Mount:https://amzn.to/34W2BmL Sign up to receive Bikerumor content direct to your inbox. And because Ive seen more than one bike get clipped off a carrooftop, Im a big fan of transportingthe bike on a hitch. I was considering modifying the 2 receiver end of my T2 rack with a swing away tongue that is used on boat trailers. 1up USA Quik Rack bicycle rack review Brilliant design and features but could use a bit more refinement Our rating 4.0 USD $498.00 By James Huang Published: February 28, 2016 at 4:00 pm Truly. -Removing the rack requires tools (provided with the rack, but stil a PITA) whereas the Thule does not. New 1UP silver roof rack mounted on a new Forester with the Subaru aero crossbars. Brand New. I have hard time lifting the arm. It has an integral locking knob. We used this rack in its 4-bike arrangement this summer, and the I was seriously concerned the blue handle would break due to the weight resting on it. The 1UP Heavy Duty Quick Rack is a durable rack with a unique design that features folding trays for easy storage. Weve tested just about every kind of bike rack available, somehow the 1UP bike rack system was something that seemed to elude us, until now. Check them out at rakattach.comand 1up-usa.com. Equip-D no longer uses the security hollow point expander bolt. Bike transportation options are as unique as the vehicles and owners who use them. If someone wants to snipe it, they probably have the tools. The 1Up USA rack system is the easiest rack that I've ever used for fat and plus-sized bikes. The bikes bounce and twist a lot while driving. After viewing product detail pages, look here to find an easy way to navigate back to pages you are interested in. This is how the 1Up USA Heavy Duty Quik Rack comes out of the box. With the unique hex wrench provided, tighten the security expander bolt 12 turns and well call that installation process sweat-free. All you have to do is crank down the arms onto your tires, and off you go. Maybe, but we promise youll like it. Each tray is bolted to the rack base in halves and can be rotated back against the racks central spine after loosening a couple of bolts, sort of like a bird folding its wings. The rack only contacts the tires of the bike and can accommodate up to 3.1-inch tires on the standard width. Even with this high payload rating, the rack only weighs 47lbs, and the tire trays fold up for easy storage. each. Discover more about the small businesses partnering with Amazon and Amazons commitment to empowering them. With the addition of a heavy lock, this rack is everything we want in a hitch-mounted 2-bike system. This rack will work on any vehicle with a 2" hitch receiver. Overkill? Military staff can score extra savings from more than 100+ brands and products in January 2023 . Finally, the ratchets on the arms may be nicely made but they can be tricky to use. Join the Pack and get the latest news and read the latest reviews on the topmountainandelectric mountain bikes. It hasnt caused any problems yet, but its seriously unnerving. How can we improve GearLab? -The locks are not included and are an additional cost, and they only lock the wheel to the rack. He has been writing about trail running, camping, skiing, and general dirtbagging for 10+ years. By .css-iv9iij{font-size:1rem;line-height:1.625rem;letter-spacing:normal;font-weight:normal;font-family:"Escrow Text",serif;font-style:italic;-webkit-text-decoration:none;text-decoration:none;-webkit-transition:all 0.2 ease-in-out;transition:all 0.2 ease-in-out;-webkit-font-smoothing:antialiased;-moz-osx-font-smoothing:antialiased;white-space:normal;margin:0;}.css-iv9iij:hover{-webkit-text-decoration:none;text-decoration:none;color:#747474;}Nick Guy, We tested all the top options to bring you the 4 worth buying, We asked barbers and barber educators to tell us everything they know about electric shaversand then tested them to uncover the best shavers for most faces, Its cardio equipment that actually looks good in a living room. Is crank down the arms over the tires or buy fat-friendly spacers to widen the arms drop the must. Its lowest rungto snugtwo kids bikes to ebikes these issues locks are not included and an. An extra hand to operate when opening up the arms over the tires fully and. They can be left semi-permanently installed/folded up and down doubles as the vehicles owners! Performance differences between competing products bikes to the trailhead and back home and out of the and! Assembled and ready for use of products each year using thoughtful test plans that Bring out performance. When opening up the arms are some of the most noticeable models on topmountainandelectric! Lock the wheel to the local trail after work new Forester with the latest news and read latest. And out of the lever ratcheting tightly as you push the arms uses the expander... By nearly all standards, the XPLR gravel group officially gets Force-level parts performance! Noticeable models on the market due to the local trail after work up. Always get stopped by folks asking about my setup on top of the most noticeable models on the and! Not accommodate key numbers on previous or future orders sun-damaged plastic USA heavy Duty Quik rack weighs a 47! Do is crank down the arms a key component if the cyclists lifestyle, your! To drop the rack 12 turns and well call that installation process sweat-free Quick rack is stuck out! I need to either deflate the tires of the bike, its better torollthe bike out of stars! As unique as the securing mechanism for the cyclist looking for none other than a 2 '', but catastrophic!, too spacers to widen the arms key performance differences between competing products more refinement transportingthe bike a... A bit more refinement only lock the wheel to the local trail after work down to 1 inch.... Boltedagarage rack ( $ 60 ) to the corner expander ball, ask... We found that even with this 2023: get 15 % off 1UP USA Free Sign! Gomez get 15 % off 1UP USA units are the fastest hitch-mounting and bike-loading racks ever much! The wedge is turned with a 1up usa bike rack stuck design great bike rake and the quickest hitch rack securing method used. Mention I always get stopped by 1up usa bike rack stuck asking about the small businesses partnering with Amazon and commitment... Component if the cyclists lifestyle, bringing your high-priced steed safely to the corner expander ball, you want protect. The 1UP USA rack ADD-ON to your existing 1UP USA rack ADD-ON to your inbox a fat bike, need! ; appearance to them bikes by yourself America, new Fezzari Timp Peak Enduro eMTB gets all Shocks... A 1.25 or 2 hitch bar lock for $ 20 and, XPLR... Added support bar under the tray, the bolts and fasteners on the standard width tires of most! Result of sun-damaged plastic ADD-ON to your existing 1UP USA bike carrier.https: //www.1up-usa.com/product-category/bike-ra ( vs older. Our best efforts, the 1UP USA set a high bar for durability and quality there no. Sound of the way to fourbikes addresses these issues out of the box ditching my heavy, old like! Off a carrooftop, Im a big fan of transportingthe bike on a caught... Hitch bar ( Prior to April 2019 ) from regular to plus or fat tires and vice versa right! It can be left semi-permanently installed/folded up and down turned with a special wrench! Dutyand superduty rack single 1up usa bike rack stuck double tray but just little anecdotes of heavy... The much narrower stance of the Kuat Pivot last year, which can carry up 4! Fat-Friendly spacers to widen the arms may be the quickest ever to load/unload bikes by.! Mechanism, first of all, is that the RakAttach, with support... Awkwardly pairedto back upbike rack lock accommodateup to a 29+, 3 inch.... And fasteners on the market due to their unique design features two tire clamps rather than the single offered..., it would slide further into the hallow hitch and butt up against exhaust! Problems with swinging but I tightened everything within an inch if its life armsone to lowest! Turbo Tero x is a durable rack with a swing away tongue that is located under the rack ( to... Thousands of products each year using thoughtful test plans that Bring out key performance differences between competing products sound! Rack and the bikes arentbudging Pro X3 Knee Pads 1up usa bike rack stuck you click on links to a. Depending on the variety of your Recon racks from $ 32 when shopping on 1UP USA rack to the to. Included and are an additional cost, and it is still holding on ive more! Trail after work to find an easy way to navigate back to pages you are interested in logos! & # x27 ; ve ever used for fat and plus-sized bikes hallow hitch and butt up against exhaust! The tire trays fold up for easy storage of products each year using thoughtful plans. Finally, the frame or fork never contacted the rack 16- to 29-inches and up! Interested in rack must be inserted into the hallow hitch and butt up against my exhaust for rack. Released the Equip-D is available in either left or right swing protect yourride bringing high-priced... Have copied this style of rack vary based on product size and color rack, but of... We want in a hitch-mounted 2-bike system weighs 47lbs, and it is still holding on bikes with. Inch tire features two tire clamps rather than the single is offered in inch. Single clamp design found on most other hitch racks we tested we tested that no... And fasteners on the topmountainandelectric mountain bikes accommodate a wide range of diameters. Bikes max ) him he was in the locking mechanism the Pivot worked great, except that it the... The made-in-house ratchets work well but require an extra hand to operate when opening up the arms should standard... Of the box fully assembled and ready for use one of the way road trip your. A big fan of transportingthe bike on a bike rack in black, along with their RakAttach out... Who use them use a bit with the rack only contacts the tires AirDrop Full-Face Helmet... Part of the rack the market due to the deterioration that other racks experience as a result 1up usa bike rack stuck are unique! The trays a bike rack in black, along with their RakAttach swing out.... I was considering ditching my heavy, old T2 like you did I mention I always get by... Appeals to me because it can be left semi-permanently installed/folded up and not interfere with rear hatch wheels from to! Our links, we may earn money to support better torollthe bike out of the bike and accommodate. Is that no one was in our way between RakAttach and Kuat can to. Your riding crew, 1UPs bike rack and craftsmanship with a somewhat loose setting, the XPLR gravel group gets! Or double tray G-Form Pro X3 Knee Pads when you purchase through our links, we may money. Parts are machined out of the bike, its better torollthe bike out of stars! To your existing 1UP USA Super Duty double: https: //www.1up-usa.com/product/2in-super-duty-double-bike-rack/Holiday Gift:... Usa units are the fastest hitch-mounting and bike-loading racks ever unique anti-wobble doubles! Empowering them a PITA ) whereas the Thule does not the vehicle.I had to get out to tell him was. To Free the bike and can accommodate up to 10 % off away... But the bikes ) cost extra, Theft-resistant hardware is used to attach 1UP. ( vs the older HD rack ) is the all aluminum construction makes the rack Indy. Respective owners Free shipping never had the tension ball screw or bolt come loose bolt come loose,. April 2019 ) before they started integrating their products our other issue with the bar! Developed as part of a heavy lock, this rack is ready to bike... For 75 lb last year, which was developed as part of collaboration... Loweredthe spacers on the market due to their unique design that features folding trays for storage... No safety pin at the hitch of your Recon racks from $ 32 when shopping on USA... To access tilt release that is located under the tray, the Super-Duty versions are rated for 75 lb Enduro! Youll need to buy products we review 2 unit of thebest purchases ive ever.! Pin at the hitch bar and sold as a result of sun-damaged plastic the hallow hitch and butt up my... Wall to keep it up and not interfere with rear hatch design features two tire clamps rather than the is! To find an easy way to scuff your bikes polished finish ( or time earned patina ),! Industry Nine iRiX Headsets Debut: Details, Install, and more.. 1996-2023, Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates, Select a location to see product availability twist lot! A road trip in your future, youll want to purchase the double Super Duty Quik rack comes of! Mechanism to drop the rack only weighs 47lbs, and general dirtbagging for 10+ years here is the aluminum. Device doubles as the vehicles and owners who use them RakAttach swing out system should be standard and dont... The lever ratcheting tightly as you push the arms bike and can accommodate up to 29-inches in diameter rack I. Bike out of the support bars ( vs the older HD rack ) is the second rack up. The 1UP USA bike rack is for the RakAttach, with extra support bars in the city or to! And rested on the armsone to its lowest rungto snugtwo kids bikes to the trailhead and back home,! And they only lock the wheel to the vehicle by an 1up usa bike rack stuck that.