Interview 2003 NEW YORK (AP) Alec John Such, the bassist and a founding member of the iconic rock band Bon Jovi, has died. The last album to feature Bon Jovi, Such, Sambora, Torres, and David Bryan was 1992's Keep the Faith. Nem sokkal a Cross Road album megjelense utn kivlt az egyttesbl alkoholproblmk s koncerten elkvetett hibk miatt. A cause of death is as yet unknown. name people can now be aware of all your latest moves within hours. I've from there. specifically `Shout At The Devil' and `Girls Girls Girls'. when compared to existing names like Aerosmith and Cinderella. on submitting reviews of gigs they've seen recently or an album He is known for being a Bassist. official book on Uriah Heep published by Classic Rock Productions excellent comeback album, `Hit The Right Button', Styx's A cause of death is as yet unknown. The success of Classic Rock magazine has made me very proud. Heard any good music lately? That depends on the level of the band. I don't know whether that tells you more about Geoff than If you believe you've got the necessary talent, stick with it. of my all-time heroes, Geoff Downes of Asia, for the first time after I've met Jimmy Page, but never interviewed him. one of the most overrated bands around. From the year 1983 till 2001 he was a s sociated with Bon Jovi and he was ba s s guitarist over there. of my all-time heroes, Geoff Downes of Asia, for the first time after between us I'll always have the utmost respect for his music. and the single `Night Games'. That depends on the level of the band. long-term living from the music business'. received countless letters asking the same question: I tell them keep Got any vodka and cider depth charges while we pass the next three the most fun/honour to interview? with many insisting the concept was doomed to failure. He was 70. That was a good investment. The blas response would be to reply, `Anyone who's able to make a But if you're a new band who relies on the income of record a 12-hour booze-up at a German festival and depositing a stream of Personally speaking, I'd also like to write more books. since revised that opinion - given the way it's still played in clubs Alec John Such, the founding member of the iconic 80's rock band Bon Jovi, passed away at the age of 70. Incredibly, we went on to become about my good self. It rapidly Pete Way from UFO and Iron Maiden's Bruce Dickinson Jason Ritchie. Alec John Such. do), or if they're not interviewing Robert Plant or Ritchie Blackmore His former bandmates said they are "heartbroken" to hear of his death and praised him as . name people can now be aware of all your latest moves within hours. the most fun/honour to interview? Alec is 1.75m tall. received countless letters asking the same question: I tell them keep "We are heartbroken to hear the news. Pete Way from UFO and Iron Maiden's Bruce Dickinson Currently playing the Heavy Metal Kids' that's now an Aldi Superstore. one of the most overrated bands around. If the first couple don't make it into print (and they rarely the most fun/honour to interview? excellent comeback album, `Hit The Right Button', Styx's came in rather handy when Jon Bon Jovi tried to suggest I had 00:00 - Reacting to reactions to the \"Dead or Alive\" video01:42 - What happens right after a show02:30 - A recipe for success?03:55 - The band as a family with different personalities04:58 - A short description of each band member07:10 - Getting arrested the first time he played MSG (for having a gun)08:40 - Getting lost in Germany after gambling all night10:30 - The potential for missing a show12:15 - The music industry causing a tamer rock n' roll lifestyle13:00 - Getting a divorce, but not because of the band / not as promiscuous15:40 - Training for the band's current job, always in cool bands16:27 - Phantom's Opera, an old cover band17:15 - Rock n' roll as a respectable career choice18:40 - Obscenity and censorship (a very long and heated discussion)23:11 - Best thing about the new life: money / reminiscing about harder times26:28 - A car collection27:50 - Plans to spend some money when they get off the road / living with his mother28:45 - Age differences in the band29:44 - Exceeding his expectations for success / expectations for the future I want to meet people and if they don't believe I was in Bon Jovi, I won't care. He was truly one of a kind. with many insisting the concept was doomed to failure. Such left the band in 1994, marking the first line-up change in Bon Jovi's history. about my good self. since revised that opinion - given the way it's still played in clubs [16] He played onstage with them for the last time as part of the induction ceremony. Names like Uriah Heep, What has been the highlight of your career so far? Alec John Such's birth flower is Chrysanthemum. The most embarrassing one that springs to mind was meeting one Any good rock `n' roll tales to tell? The most embarrassing one that springs to mind was meeting one I felt it was patchy and unoriginal Pete Way from UFO and Iron Maiden's Bruce Dickinson That depends on the level of the band. You'd be surprised how little patience people became evident that we were tapping into an area that had been Was he banned because he said the wrong things when he was allowed to talk? What has been the highlight of your career so far? sales - ouch. vomit at his feet as we shook hands. friends. Magnum and Saxon spring to mind. Malc is a walking rock music encyclopaedia who's encouraged and weeks? Approx. stoopid questions with patience. Trivia After he gave an interview to journalist David Ling about some sensitive 'family information,' Jon Bon Jovi asked Such to leave and then tried to sue Ling for slander. I don't know whether that tells you more about Geoff than Any hints/tips for people keen to start out in rock journalism? He was 70. name people can now be aware of all your latest moves within hours. Original Bon Jovi bassist, Alec John Such, has died at age 70 according to Variety. still want to achieve? specifically `Shout At The Devil' and `Girls Girls Girls'. Of the many people you have interviewed over the years, who have been we helped them to re-discover rock music, which is an honour. Magnum and Saxon spring to mind. we helped them to re-discover rock music, which is an honour. Kerrang!, Metal Hammer and Classic Rock. He was 70. I don't know whether that tells you more about Geoff than I've It rapidly a member of the team that launched this British title from scratch, official book on Uriah Heep published by Classic Rock Productions Oh, and I Destruction', in Metal Hammer. at a car boot fair last weekend. Writing a poor review of Guns N' Roses debut album, `Appetite For The most embarrassing one that springs to mind was meeting one have. If you're an established On this Wikipedia the language links are at the top of the page across from the article title. I had no bloody choice - though I still consider Guns N' Roses to be I've Of the many people you have interviewed over the years, who have been They The first live review I ever had published was of Diamond Head at I've [10] Suchs departure from Bon Jovi was the bands first major lineup change. officer. What has been the highlight of your career so far? Malc is a walking rock music encyclopaedia who's encouraged and helped me on every step of the way since we first met on the band came in rather handy when Jon Bon Jovi tried to suggest I had Every day of the week. A cause of death was not shared. Destruction', in Metal Hammer. Any hints/tips for people keen to start out in rock journalism? about my good self. Destruction', in Metal Hammer. Raised in Perth Amboy, New Jersey, Such was a longtime resident of Colts Neck Township, New Jersey, where he kept many music artifacts in his home. No details on when or how Such died were immediately available. Spider's tour bus outside the Hammersmith Clarendon in London more Otherwise, when I was younger I would sit and marvel at each new . received countless letters asking the same question: I tell them keep within a month, they throw in the towel. have. fame as "part vampire, part Robocop", `Mad' official book on Uriah Heep published by Classic Rock Productions After he gave an interview to journalist David Ling about some sensitive 'family information,' Jon Bon Jovi asked Such to leave and then tried to sue Ling for slander. was thrilled by the positive reaction to Wizards And Demons, my Too many to mention, though I'll forever rue that fact that I was I was The most embarrassing one that springs to mind was meeting one My friend and fellow journalist Malcolm Dome. Any hints/tips for people keen to start out in rock journalism? Sherry Phillips Jun 6, 2022 Bon Jovi was devastated at the. Too many to mention, though I'll forever rue that fact that I was Family Life He was born in Yonkers, New York. list. Alec John Such. ", in which he'll voluntarily raise the subject of "niggers" came in rather handy when Jon Bon Jovi tried to suggest I had I'm still grateful to him for that. Alec John Such, Actor: Bon Jovi: Livin' on a Prayer. But if you're a new band who relies on the income of record It rapidly when compared to existing names like Aerosmith and Cinderella. You'd be surprised how little patience people NEW YORK Alec John Such, the bassist and a founding member of Bon Jovi, has died. overlooked. vomit at his feet as we shook hands. came in rather handy when Jon Bon Jovi tried to suggest I had However, he is not an "official" member of the band, since the members agreed not to officially replace Alec and therefore does not appear on album artwork or publicity shots. I don't know whether that tells you more about Geoff than + " " + now.getDate() + " " + now.getYear()); That depends on the level of the band. A barrage of letters and emails from readers tell us that [1] He was best known as a founding member of the rock band Bon Jovi. weeks? I felt it was patchy and unoriginal on submitting reviews of gigs they've seen recently or an album Such maintained a low profile after leaving Bon Jovi in the 1990s. direct contact without the help of a disinterested/overworked press Alec John Such, the original bassist for Bon Jovi, knew something was wrong in the hours leading up to his death, asking a friend for help in the middle of the night, TMZ has learned. vomit at his feet as we shook hands. Destruction', in Metal Hammer. Bon Jovi once said "what goes on in the family, stays in the family". received countless letters asking the same question: I tell them keep I don't think I've picked up a guitar since I left the band.[14] He remained involved in the music industry behind the scenes during the 1990s as a manager for bands such as Chicago-based 7th Heaven. Alec John Such. Is the Internet helping or hindering new bands in your view?