I made the earth and created man on it; it was my hands that stretched out the heavens, and I commanded all their host. Matthew 5:16 KJV. 'Is not the iniquity of Peor enough for us, from which we have not cleansed ourselves to this day, although a plague came on the congregation of the LORD, that you must turn away this day from following the LORD? O They forget that God sent his son and poured out his wrath on him so if we confess our sins and repent, we will be spared the wrath we deserve. ASHTORETH (Heb. The angel of God said to him, "Take the meat and the unleavened bread and lay them on this rock, and pour out the broth." These are the appointed feasts of the Lord, the holy convocations, which you shall proclaim at the time appointed for them. From Babylonia the worship of the goddess was carried to the Semites of the West, and in most instances the feminine suffix was attached to her name; where this was not the case the deity was regarded as a male. Jesus said to him, Have I been with you so long, and you still do not know me, Philip? "You shall make its pails for removing its ashes, and its shovels and its basins and its forks and its firepans; you shall make all its utensils of bronze. kjv nkjv nlt niv esv csb nasb20 nasb95. 'Is not the iniquity of Peor enough for us, from which we have not cleansed ourselves to this day, although a plague came on the congregation of the LORD, that you must turn away this day from following the LORD? 'If, however, the land of your possession is unclean, then cross into the land of the possession of the LORD, where the LORD'S tabernacle stands, and take possession among us. (n pr loc) a city in Bashan east of the Jordan given to Manasseh. So Solomon dismissed Abiathar from being priest to the LORD, in order to fulfill the word of the LORD, which He had spoken concerning the house of Eli in Shiloh. Deuteronomy 31:6. However, abstaining from having sex with your wife during her period is wise. The chief seat of the worship of Ishtar in Babylonia was Erech, where prostitution was practiced in her name, and she was served with immoral rites by bands of men and women. Unsurprisingly, the Babylonian empire committed many atrocities and horrible sins, especially against Gods chosen people. Contact me: openbibleinfo (at) gmail.com. "Its poles shall be inserted into the rings, so that the poles shall be on the two sides of the altar when it is carried. Get the daily Bible verse every day in your inbox! So he took him to the field of Zophim, to the top of Pisgah, and built seven altars and offered a bull and a ram on each altar. Y If you rebel against the LORD today, He will be angry with the whole congregation of Israel tomorrow. . Not so with my servant Moses. By Posted ekologisk jord storsck In felskning parkeringssensor volvo. He covers his head with a paper bag, from which mushrooms are sprouting from the top and the mouth. Through Job, God gave us an example to follow. Proverbs 6:17 Verse Concepts Haughty eyes, a lying tongue, And hands that shed innocent blood, Psalm 5:6 Verse Concepts You destroy those who speak falsehood; The Lord abhors the man of bloodshed and deceit. "You shall make the poles of acacia wood and overlay them with gold. (Psalm 18:30, 2 Samuel 22:31, Deuteronomy 32:4). "Entry for 'ASHTORETH'". People who have no desire to give the Word of God the Sword of the Spirit a fair hearing. The name and cult of the goddess were derived from Babylonia, where Ishtar represented the evening and morning stars and was accordingly androgynous in origin. Bible Scripture Quotes About Strength as Related to Courage. of Then he went up to the altar which he had made in Bethel on the fifteenth day in the eighth month, even in the month which he had devised in his own heart; and he instituted a feast for the sons of Israel and went up to the altar to burn incense. And I will execute great vengeance upon them, love the Lord your God with all your heart, examples within Bible verses highlighted in yellow (follow this link to go there), Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License. Now the news came to Joab, for Joab had followed Adonijah, although he had not followed Absalom And Joab fled to the tent of the LORD and took hold of the horns of the altar. "Therefore we said, 'It shall also come about if they say this to us or to our generations in time to come, then we shall say, "See the copy of the altar of the LORD which our fathers made, not for burnt offering or for sacrifice; rather it is a witness between us and you."' Probably Identical With Queen of Heaven Worshiped by Israelites Temple of High Places Of, at Jerusalem, Destroyed An Idol of the Philistines, Zidonians, and Phenicians. Of course, what he had in mind was most likely an animal thatd act as a burnt offering. And the Lord said to Satan, Have you considered my servant Job, that there is none like him on the earth, a blameless and upright man, who fears God and turns away from evil? Ashtoreth: An Idol of the Philistines, Zidonians, and Phenicians. read more. "fish bread" will search for verses that contains "fish bread" in minimum 1 bible version: at least one So Bathsheba went to King Solomon to speak to him for Adonijah. We pray that the following Bible verses will encourage you and remind you of the hope we have in Christ. ASTarotH. "Far be it from us that we should rebel against the LORD and turn away from following the LORD this day, by building an altar for burnt offering, for grain offering or for sacrifice, besides the altar of the LORD our God which is before His tabernacle. Is your Faith is Founded on Fact? Barnes' Notes on the Bible. Ashtoreth [N] [B] [S] the moon goddess of the Phoenicians, representing the passive principle in nature, their principal female deity; frequently associated with the name of Baal, the sun-god, their chief male deity ( Judges 10:6 ; 1 Samuel 7:4 ; 12:10 ). "Its poles shall be inserted into the rings, so that the poles shall be on the two sides of the altar when it is carried. Explanation: Jephthah wanted to solidify his case before the Lord so much that he made a rather stupid vow. And God spoke all these words, saying, I am the Lord your God, who brought you out of the land of Egypt, out of the house of slavery. Read More. Since Ephraim has multiplied altars for sin. Amnon, Tamar and Absalom were all children of King David. Derived terms: Or ; plural of H6251. read more. Astaroth looks like a possessed human wearing a dark suit. He is a Mighty, Strong Duke, and appeareth in the form of a hurtful Angel riding on an Infernal Beast like a Dragon, and carrying in his right hand a Viper. But on the other hand the Assyrian Ishtar was not the moon-goddess, but the planet Venus; and Astarte was by many identified with the goddess Venus (or Aphrodite), as well as with the plant of that name. John 3:16 For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. Then to Abiathar the priest the king said, "Go to Anathoth to your own field, for you deserve to die; but I will not put you to death at this time, because you carried the ark of the Lord GOD before my father David, and because you were afflicted in everything with which my father was afflicted." The houses of Jerusalem and the houses of the kings of Judah will be defiled like the place Topheth, because of all the houses on whose rooftops they burned sacrifices to all the heavenly host and poured out drink offerings to other gods.. Ive compiled a list of the worst Bible passages from the Old Testament and the New Testament. Amen. Now it was told Solomon, saying, "Behold, Adonijah is afraid of King Solomon, for behold, he has taken hold of the horns of the altar, saying, 'Let King Solomon swear to me today that he will not put his servant to death with the sword.'". George Morrish . He's the . N link to How Old Was Mary When She Had Jesus? 'You shall make an altar of earth for Me, and you shall sacrifice on it your burnt offerings and your peace offerings, your sheep and your oxen; in every place where I cause My name to be remembered, I will come to you and bless you. For usage information, please read the Baker Book House Copyright Statement. According to this principle, people who were part of a vow to the Lord didnt have to be sacrificed instead, they were sent to tabernacle service for a certain fee. King Jehoram and his people were rightfully judged for going astray and falling for wickedness and idolatry. In other words, they dont care about the truth, and they write like people who are living in darkness. And everything on which she lies during her menstrual impurity shall be unclean. Years later, when appearing in the modern day, he no . And Jephthah made a vow to the Lord and said, If you will give the Ammonites into my hand, then whatever comes out from the doors of my house to meet me when I return in peace from the Ammonites shall be the Lords, and I will offer it up for a burnt offering. So Jephthah crossed over to the Ammonites to fight against them, and the Lord gave them into his hand.. Conclusion: Note that this specific commandment only applies to the Old Covenant. The Lord smelled the soothing aroma; and the Lord said to Himself, I will never again curse the ground on account of man, for the intent of mans heart is evil from his youth; and I will never again destroy every living thing, as I have done. Quotes available under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License. Or when they are compiled by people who lack basic English comprehension skills. astaroth in the bible verses. Thank you for this post! He shall have no right to sell her to a foreign people, since he has dealt deceitfully with her. (Emphasis added), Explanation: This verse depicts a practice in the ancient world (not just Israel) where a father would sell his daughter for marriage. Belphegor originated as the Assyrian Ba'al-Peor, the Moabitish god to whom the Israelites became attached in Shittim (Numbers 25:3), which was associated with licentiousness and orgies. Oh that my ways may be steadfast in keeping your statutes! Astaroth is one of the Three Superior Spirits along with Lucifer and Beelzebub. . Ignorance is not a defense. On the Moabite Stone, for example, `Ashtar is identified with Chemosh, and in the inscriptions of southern Arabia `Athtar is a god. Then Solomon sent Benaiah the son of Jehoiada, saying, "Go, fall upon him." the moon goddess of the Phoenicians, representing the passive principle in nature, their principal female deity; frequently associated with the name of Baal, the sun-god, their chief male deity ( Judges 10:6 ; 1Samuel 7:4 ; 12:10 ). Woe to him who says to a father, What are you begetting? or to a woman, With what are you in labor? Thus says the Lord, the Holy One of Israel, and the one who formed him: Ask me of things to come; will you command me concerning my children and the work of my hands? A people who continually provoke Me to My face,Offering sacrifices in gardens and burning incense on bricks; The priest shall also put some of the blood on the horns of the altar of fragrant incense which is before the Lord in the tent of meeting; and all the blood of the bull he shall pour out at the base of the altar of burnt offering which is at the doorway of the tent of meeting. Then the sons of Israel sent to the sons of Reuben and to the sons of Gad and to the half-tribe of Manasseh, into the land of Gilead, Phinehas the son of Eleazar the priest, and with him ten chiefs, one chief for each father's household from each of the tribes of Israel; and each one of them was the head of his father's household among the thousands of Israel. Ask for him also the kingdom--for he is my older brother--even for him, for Abiathar the priest, and for Joab the son of Zeruiah!" If you rebel against the LORD today, He will be angry with the whole congregation of Israel tomorrow. Explanation: Although the law and the prophets were until John the Baptist came, the law regarding marriage was still active. See also the International Standard Bible Encyclopedia. She was the Ishtar of the Accadians and the Astarte of the Greeks ( Jeremiah 44:17 ; 1 Kings 11:5 1 Kings 11:33 ; 2 Kings 23:13 ). Does the clay say to him who forms it, What are you making? or Your work has no handles? So Solomon dismissed Abiathar from being priest to the LORD, in order to fulfill the word of the LORD, which He had spoken concerning the house of Eli in Shiloh. It shows what people tend to look for the most based on Google searches for each verse.[1]. Also below are examples within Bible verses highlighted in yellow (follow this link to go there). We all fail to meet our own expectations. The name Astaroth was ultimately derived from that of 2nd millennium BC Phoenician goddess Astarte, an equivalent of the Babylonian Ishtar, and the earlier Sumerian Inanna.She is mentioned in the Hebrew Bible in the forms Ashtoreth (singular) and Ashtaroth (plural, in reference to multiple statues of it). (9) Behold, the day of the Lord comes, cruel, with wrath and fierce anger, to make the land a desolation and to destroy its sinners from it (16) Their infants will be dashed in pieces before their eyes; their houses will be plundered and their wives ravished.. Astaroth - International Standard Bible Encyclopedia International Standard Bible Encyclopedia Online Astaroth as'-ta-roth. Servants, be subject to your masters with all respect, not only to the good and gentle but also to the unjust.. So then, brothers, stand firm and hold to the traditions that you were taught by us, either by our spoken word or by our letter. Because His ways are not our ways and His thoughts are not our thoughts (Isaiah 55:8). This page was last modified on July 19, 2017 at 07:36 AM. He is faithful in all my house. Solomon introduced the worship of this idol ( 1Kings 11:33 ). So Manoah took the young goat with the grain offering and offered it on the rock to the LORD, and He performed wonders while Manoah and his wife looked on. Then Benaiah the son of Jehoiada went up and fell upon him and put him to death, and he was buried at his own house in the wilderness. ASTAROTH IN THE BIBLE King James Bible King James Version (KJV) SEARCH THE BIBLE (Advanced) SELECT A BOOK (Index) CHAPTER VERSE You searched for "ASTAROTH" in the KJV Bible Modify Search 1 Instances - Page 1 of 1 - Sort by Book Order - Feedback Deuteronomy 1:4 chapter context similar meaning copy save Conclusion: Taken out of context, you might think this implies that God is some evil puppet master who enjoys bringing suffering to mankind. Turn to me and be saved, all the ends of the earth! He overlaid the whole house with gold, until all the house was finished. These took Moabite wives; the name of the one was Orpah and the name of the other Ruth. And when the gate was about to be closed at dark, the men went out. Source: McClintock and Strong Cyclopedia book module from SwordSearcher. So your sons may make our sons stop fearing the LORD.' Background. 2 Then the Philistines took the ark of God and brought it to the house of Dagon, and set it by Dagon. How can you say, Show us the Father? You shall not bow down to them or serve them, for I the Lord your God am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers on the children to the third and the fourth generation of those who hate me, Visit the Bible online to search for words if you dont know the specific passage yourre looking for. And this cloud distinguished them from all other nations. I will scatter you like chaff driven by the wind from the desert.This is your lot, the portion I have measured out to you, declares the Lord, because you have forgotten me and trusted in lies. Baker's Evangelical Dictionary of Biblical Theology - Ashtoreth, Baker's Evangelical Dictionary of Biblical Theology, International Standard Bible Encyclopedia - Ashtoreth. And he deposed the priests whom the kings of Judah had ordained to make offerings in the high places at the cities of Judah and around Jerusalem; those also who burned incense to Baal, to the sun and the moon and the constellations and all the host of the heavens. read more. Don't be afraid and don't be scared by your enemies, because the Lord your God is the one who marches with you. Probably Identical With Queen of Heaven, Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License. Take peace and be encouraged knowing it is Him who is mighty to save. ASHTORETH. In demonology, Belphegor is a demon, and one of the seven princes of Hell, who helps people make discoveries. Ask for him also the kingdom--for he is my older brother--even for him, for Abiathar the priest, and for Joab the son of Zeruiah!" He struck seventy men of them, and the people mourned because the Lord had struck the people with a great blow.. Easter is a queen. McClintock and Strong Biblical Cyclopedia. But thanks to the redeeming work of Jesus on the cross, we can be reconciled with God and inherit eternal life as a free gift by believing in what Christ did for us. "fish bread" will search for verses that contains fish AND bread in minimum 1 bible version: phrase: search for verses that contains all of the search phrase. Possibly, the deliberate corruption of the name trt (atart or ateret) is meant to conform to the vocalization of the Hebrew word boshet ("shame"; see *Euphemism and Dysphemism).Ashtoreth is the preeminent goddess in the Bible, and the plural Ashtaroth is a generic term for goddesses, used together with *Baal(im . Oh that there were one among you who would shut the gates, that you might not uselessly kindle fire on My altar! E He knows, and may Israel itself know. Although its a no-brainer that the act of adultery is a sin in and of itself, Christ is implying that you can also commit adultery in your heart and mind. "You shall put it beneath, under the ledge of the altar, so that the net will reach halfway up the altar. Astaroth and Baal were also the chief goddess and god of the Phoenicians, Moabites, Philistines, and Zidonians. Theres a very special tradition that has been part of the Christian faith for two thousand years. Pursue them quickly, for you will overtake them. Paul, a servant of Christ Jesus, called to be an apostle, set apart for the gospel of God, which he promised beforehand through his prophets in the holy Scriptures, concerning his Son, who was descended from David according to the flesh and was declared to be the Son of God in power according to the Spirit of holiness by his resurrection from the dead, Jesus Christ our Lord, through whom we have received grace and apostleship to bring about the obedience of faith for the sake of his name among all the nations, And the king defiled the high places that were east of Jerusalem, to the south of the mount of corruption, which Solomon the king of Israel had built for Ashtoreth the abomination of the Sidonians, and for Chemosh the abomination of Moab, and for Milcom the abomination of the Ammonites. Conclusion: As a believer, you have to follow Gods commands regarding marriage and divorce. Elsewhere the dove was her sacred symbol. 'Did not Achan the son of Zerah act unfaithfully in the things under the ban, and wrath fall on all the congregation of Israel? And they burned the city with fire, and everything in it. Another lesson is that when a calamity strikes, the enemy uses it to try to destroy us. Now King Ahaz went to Damascus to meet Tiglath-pileser king of Assyria, and saw the altar which was at Damascus; and King Ahaz sent to Urijah the priest the pattern of the altar and its model, according to all its workmanship. When a woman has a discharge, and the discharge in her body is blood, she shall be in her menstrual impurity for seven days, and whoever touches her shall be unclean until the evening. International Standard Bible Encyclopedia, McClintock and Strong Cyclopedia book module. King Solomon answered and said to his mother, "And why are you asking Abishag the Shunammite for Adonijah? See ASHTEROTH-KARNAIM. They forgot the Lord their God and served the Baals and the Asheroth. Conclusion: Its not necessary to physically engage in adultery for it to count as sin. read more. Then Gideon took ten men of his servants and did as the LORD had spoken to him; and because he was too afraid of his father's household and the men of the city to do it by day, he did it by night. He is a Mighty, Strong Duke, and appeareth in the Form of an hurtful Angel riding on an Infernal Beast like a Dragon, and carrying in his right hand a Viper.