I've run across lots of D1 recruits that don't even have a PG profile, much less a bunch a great numbers posted. It was hand timed by three coaches n averaged. to 60 yards. Curious if people think summer travel and showcases, along with private coaching, will be enough for the right exposure. 7 seconds isnt really that fast. my coach who used to be a scout said thats hat colleges look for. So I do hope all your boys do well. Any idea how the kid is doing in college? It is one of the reasons coaches caution showcasing early. At 14 he should get faster. If I would run this on an outdoor field with cleats it probably would be around 6.7-6.8. To defend the 60, I would not want to be the guy running a true home to 1st drill. My son, 15, uses chutes to practice various distances. Does anyone know if that is a good time for a guy my size? The 60-yard dash is a short race that spans 60 yards and is most often used in Just a kid that is still growing tall, Will fill out. What is amazing to me as I read the negative posts, is that you and others truely believe that nobody else could be better or faster. I would rather he scored well in home to first, or got a great jump on a pitcher than ran great a 60 anyway (he was top 10 at NTIS last year in the 60 and all they cared about was the radar gun regardless of position). 6.7 is very good time. They waste their time and money and we lose all credibility. 1) Timer: Electronical OR hand timed wow nott 2 be cocky nd all but.. i ran 50meters in a 6.2 nd if u translatee that it makes it a 6.75 nd im only going into da 9th gradee. There are plenty of kids in high school who can run 6.4 to 6.6. The technical storage or access is required to create user profiles to send advertising, or to track the user on a website or across several websites for similar marketing purposes. Do some research be four making those types of comments. Sorry about the link. For instance, some are on grass, some on turf, some want you in cleats others do not, and hand times are used. The average improvement isn't quite as dramatic as the blog's .5 second but there is an improvement in times at roughly the 50th percentile. It was first-class training that was similar to NFL combine-style training. You act like that is impressive? However, track times still shouldnt be compared to baseball or combines because my experience is that combines start timing on 1st move and this is hugely different then starting from blocks because it doesnt measure reaction time and that alone can be a difference of .21 .25. WebPhysical Measurables: Height: Between 6'2" and 6'6" Weight between 190 and 240 lbs. By your 40 time, looks like your 30 yard acceleration is good. If you have a good arm and run 6.7 you will get a pro contract. You all are slow. This page was to inform people 60 yard times that high school, college, and pro leagues are looking for. Different conversation now right? I would encourage those out there who have a player willing to put in the work to get this training if you can afford it. I would also suspect they would run a 5.9/6.0 on a track. 60-yard. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kREZHmOR1bg, i ran a 7.2 at a recent showcase camp at app state as a rising junior and they rated me as a 7 on speed :(, You guys realize 4.4 is a really good 40 yd dashwhich would put 6.6 at a really good 60 timeif you fun under a 6.6 and its accurate maybe you ought to be a track star rather than a baseball player, My son ran a 5.9 60 and he is 12. In 2003 16 years old I was a sophomore at a perfect game usa event I ran a 6.87 60. You must also do it in cleats and baseball pants. I run a 6.5. I think it is very interesting to look at some of the top HS draft pick's PG profiles & pages when they have a deep history. Also how do I find a baseball running coach? Lockport Preseason ID. My son was at an Area Code event last summer and a boy ran a 6.35 hand held on grass. I just had a 14 year old run a 6.7 in a combine here in Richmond Virginia. Will need to work on the start (first 30 yards) then work on getting faster and maintaing speed in the second 30 yards. Do I think Im getting overlooked? Stats: First basemen interested in playing at the highest levels generally hit 5-10 home runs as a Junior and Senior in high school. Wait until hes playing in the big boy league with 190lb+ people to brag about speed. Good luck with your running career! WebThe history of the event lies in the 60-yard dash, which is about 5 inches shorter than 55 metres. he is the fastest in the mlb fastest player i have ever seen. If I had to guess, I'd guess he got recruited as a pitcher. This would certainly skew the numbers (and percentage gain) over time. I also understand that the origin of the 60 is that it matches home to 2nd base. 50 yards Stanley Floyd, United States, 5.22, Jan. 22, 1982. With 2021 quickly approaching, we decided to take a look back through our 2020 showcases and highlight the top An Average 10-Yard Split Time (1.60-1.62) Kamerion Wimbley, Raiders: 1.60 (2006) Bruce Davis, Patriots: 1.62 (2008) A Below Average 10-Yard Split Times (1.63-1.69) Charles Johnson, Panthers: 1.63 (2007) Anthony Spencer, Cowboys: 1.64 (2007) http://www.perfectgame.org/Articles/View.aspx?article=7633. Bases loaded, two outs, you took too long, strike three, game over! Most kids (other than the absolute stud outliers) need showcases/travel team exposure, even if they're starters in strong programs. thanks for the input! Please post your progress. Story - while I was at PG this summer, I was speaking to a LOT of college coachesjust because I am very chatty. My guess is that if you were to measure only the control group (only the players who posted the 7.85 average for the 2021 class) through each year, you may see numbers closer to the blog's. Why a 60 yard test for baseball? That said, we do love to hear about improvements players make. He hit 6'0" 160 & we had a showcase coming up in about 6 weeks. 6.8 is fast, especialy in high tops. I definitely think that running a consistent 6.8 at-least is attainable for a lot of players. How fast can Usain Bolt run the 40 yard dash? 150 then 2 minutes rest, 150 then 2 minutes rest, 150. Most Major League Baseball (MLB) clubs look for times under 7.00 seconds. Lastly, as you know speed isnt the only factor at becoming an MLB player. Parachutes? THE WORLD'S LARGEST AND MOST Good luck to all your children. Yes mark that is a great 60 time for your size. The smaller kids have been relegated to MIF, their compact size still gives them an advantage there, because they just don't have the arm strength to throw it meaningfully the 200+ feet it takes to get the ball in from the outfield. What do I know, I have only coached for 14 years. My son is a 14 yr old 9th grader and he just ran a 6.8 in the 60 yd dash. I have a 14u 2020. It helps that he is 63 205 lbs. But that alone does not eliminate the need for showcases and camps. A benchmark widely used to measure the potential of a baseball player as a middle infielder or an outfielder is a 60-yard time of 6.8 seconds or lower. herculoids gloop and gleep sounds I think you should open up some other avenues of player evaluation. You don't even do that on punt coverage, where the blockers are trying to jam you the entire time down the field 15 Why am I not getting drafted? I have a Team USA player as a son who dominated his group at trials for 14s. he currently leads NCAA in stolen bases. My son's times looked like this over the past couple years, so curious what to expect over the next 2: This Summer getting ready to be a Junior: 7.4. I was a former professional player in the minor leagues with the Anaheim (Los Angeles) Angels. You may also have some early video & can look at progression through the years. 6.7 6.9 is a requirement especialy for MIF and OF. We just can't report what we don't see. My Coaches Timed Us In A Stealing Position. 85. but Im only a sophomore in highschool. Depending On Whether you Start In A Sprinters Stants or in A Stealing Position Will Make A Big Difference. As yu probably know by now when you go to a baseball combine type event they will want to see you hit, run 60, field/throw from SS if infielder and throw from OF if outfielder. They do love the power. Most importantly, the mechanics of proper stride, arm swing, start position, body angle & several other factors have now been added to his run mechanics moving forward. HS Tryoutshow much does the actual tryout matter. Not saying he is fastest kid on earth in cleats (although he has been gunned at 88mph), but 6.4 would be crazy speed in thos conditions. Without being arrogant, I can say that back then virtually no other baseball player would beat me in a 60 yard dash. Good Job Densan. Make sure you keep working on hitting, throwing, and fielding. Brandon Jacobs ran the 40-yard dash in 4.56 seconds. I was thrilled when 2017 finally got below 7. We are a top tier baseball program in Louisiana, and the fastest player I ever had ran a 6.4 60 when the Braves came to scout him. Not consenting or withdrawing consent, may adversely affect certain features and functions. Does anyone know what the average college time from home to first is? Take a look at this link and excerpt included below. Btw: He recently ran a 4.39/40 in spikes on a tracklook up how fast that is! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gGT0FHVH6Ow If you feel the need to post on this to brag about your son/self know that you are lieing, everyone knows you are lieing, and no one cares. He tops out at 85. On grass, wearing Mizuno steel cleats. A little easier, Jamaican sprinter Usain Bolt and his otherworldly 9.58 100-meter dash take the cake. 1: John Ross, 4.22 seconds in 2017 No. Get a life you goon. Yes, excellent time for your age. John Ross holds the official electronic record at 4.22 seconds. I could throw you out from the outfield, even if you were half way around third. The link doesn't seem to beworking - for me, anyway. And btw he throws 90+ across the diamond and is turning 18 this yr. These lists are solely based on our 2020 showcase events. Like it says above A 60 yard dash time between 6.7 6.9 usually equate to an average runner I think he was like thesmart kid who does poorly in standardized tests until somebody gives him basic techniquefor time management, guessing strategy, etc. (I just finished playing college ball) But for being 230 that is a fantastic time if that is what you really ran. My only question would be why did he not get drafted or get a d1 scholarship? I would guess my son is a late bloomer by about 2.5 years, at 5'9, 130lb now. If you read the fine print on his PG page you would see that his best pop time was from 2013, his best 60 time was from 2015, best FB was from 2016.but when you pull up his page you see he had MANY great numbers, it was impressive, but wow that must have been expensive! Contact their program and go watch their off season workouts. photos and article on Internet. :) Why everyone so negative on KBF. KBF just wondering where did your son end up playing college? [Tweet Baseball 60 Yard Dash Whats a Good Time?] You've seen video -- he's usually thefastest guy on the field, but he needed, and still could use, work on starting as well as basic work on form. GIVE IT YOUR ALL, AND AT THE END OF THE DAY, no matter whether you have accomplished your goal, be proud of yourself for trying. The world record for 60 METERS is 6.3 secs by Maurice Green. There are a few that will run faster. Notice how it was all the parents talking about their kids times and not the kids themselves??? It is primarily run to evaluate the speed and acceleration of American Major League Baseball players. when I ran that. ". A 40 yard dash is what you need to get a good estimate of your abilities. WebA simple calculation that divides the athletes Exit Velocity Max by the athletes 60 Yard Dash time for the given event year. You are so full of shit? All you guys talk shit: I am in 8th grade and I run a 6.89. Greg Moore Ben Franklin (Philadelphia, 1977). 3) Shoes: baseball cleats, turfs shoes, track cleats, running shoes. If you want your kid to be the best he can be dont concentrate on speed. I was still beat out by a high school kid from Bremen who ran a 6.5 FLAT!! Your son most likely does not run a 6.4 in a 60. -> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jeffery_Demps. Just to give you a feel for what real speed is check out this link. Handtimes are pretty loosey goosey and certainly subject to human error. But you still have to throw a baseball, and hit one at 90mph! It has been speculated that in his prime, Usain Bolt might have been able to run a sub-4.0 40. Hand timers can be out as much as .25 which is huge when deciding if a player is fast or not. Everyone knows its 90 feet between bases or 30 yards, so in theory, second base is only 60 yards. I would only add that going to a school with a " strong " HS program can help but only if you arent a bench warmer. The 40-Yard Dash is the showstopper event of the NFL Combine. 2 days ago i ran a 6.82 in grass with running shoes on, i did play football and i a currently trying out for baseball(center feild). @At all the idiots bragging about running a 7.0+ and being in the big ol 8th grade!! Smoke, he met with the coach once, then worked out maybe 4 times on his own. Has ran faster. Im not 9 and I sure as hell didnt run a 18.43, I could of crawled backwards that fast, but I could have just as easily said I am a former MLB outfielder for the Orioles and I ran a 6.3. Greg , the schotts kid posted a 3.56, 3.6 and 3.7 home to first times this year! With a hand timer. Edgar Lebron- 6.25 (6.3 in perfect game) Also very good defensive outfielder. He recently ran a 6.70, hand timed, on grass, wearing baseball cleats. Playing and practicing against some kids who will be playing D1 in a few months helps speed development. Coach is wrong. All yall are talking about is how these kids will make just because of their speed. For a coach for sprinting, need to see if someone in area is a speed development coach or track sprinting coach. Stay positive and remeber one more thing. But just because you can run fast, or bench 315lb, doesnt mean you can make it to the Majors, let alone get drafted and play in the Minors. Will be interesting to know. 85. Only a few can run it under 6.3, A teammate of mine runs it in 6.25. WebA 60 yard dash time between 6.7 6.9 usually equate to an average runner on the playing field. We have a freshman in HS ran a 6.8 and this year he ran a 6.5 as a sophomore, these were hand times. Right now he is probably 4'11 and 80lbs! Would have been faster in spikes. @My3Sons, there is an ad for improving 60 yard dash speed on this page. Lets keep in mind that I am 32 years old and have not sprinted or excercised/ran in 4 years when I played for the Tacoma Tugs. Please go to this above post and read what Coach f has to say requarding the 60 yard world record. There is a HS player in this upcoming draft that hits for major power, runs a 7.1 / 7.2 range 60 around 90 velo from outfield. Jack: I dont know if you were directing your comment at me (your son doesnt run a 6.4), but you underestimate your audience. I know the rate of decreasing times cant continue, but its interesting to see how they track. I run a 6.29 on hard surface and run a 6.4 to 6.45 on grass with high top cleats (to stabilize ankles). You are correct. Four players from that sub-seven group were on hand in Auburndale, along with one more previously at 7.00. The run just seems to be so critical now for a position player & we do not think twice about paying for hitting or pitching instruction, but proper run mechanics & training can have a major positive impact here. im a freshman and i run a 6.9 but thats because i have always been a track star from young but for a baseball player thasts actually really good. No dis respect, the times you are stating would make you at the least a national class sprinter. It will also tell you the distance. Does anybody realize that you have to be good at baseball in order to play in the MLB? Andrew Velasquez 6.4 (6.5 in perfect game) Repeatedly seen him make plays in CFunlike any other (really trying to be objective - his coach has said the same thing). 46 qchisq Colts 2 days ago If you ever run 40 yards straight in a football game, 1 of 2 things have happened: Something really good or something really bad. Really suggestions on how to increase speed is the topic, not beating our chest. i recently went to a showcase and was clocked at 7.9 i know this is verrrryyyy slow. I run a 6.4, I throw 94-95 from the outfield and hit .350 this year. hmmm unless you post videos, Im not buying it. My son runs with a forner Olympic track runner who won a medal in the 1984 Olympics. Click here to download the free ebook of Alberto Juantorenas detailed training workouts leading up to the 1976 Montreal Olympics, January 21, 2009 by Jimson Lee 147 Comments, Last Updated on April 21, 2014 by Amir Rehman. I ran a 6.56 and Im 64 225. If it is something extra good, we follow up. If you don't see that going well then neither will the coach, and your boy won't make the team or he will be the bench warmer until that growth spurt hits. Regarding running times, velocity, pop times, and scouting reports. My other projects include the Bud Winter Foundation, writer for the IAAF New Studies in Athletics Journal (NSA) and a member of the Track & Field Writers of America. Agreed, 7 seconds isnt fast for a pure track guy, but very fast for a baseball player. Some non-starters are being recruited by div. No one cares how fast you say that you are. We have several MLB organizations that pay us for accurate information. I think the chutes work well, but technique also plays a factor in running any sprint. Just makes you have better habits and develop faster. The 40-Yard Dash is the showstopper event of the NFL Combine. Densan. We begin by looking at the Indoors, he equaled the state record for 60 yards with a hand-timed 6.2, and also became the outright record holder with automatic timing when he won the Philadelphia Track Classic scholastic title at 6.40. You are very fast. i just ran a 6.5 and im 32 and havent ran in 4 years. Doesnt seem like much but its huge in the speed community. Ha ha i ran a 6.82 when i was a junior i let you know what i get this year. As well, Marvin Bracy ran a 6.08 55 meters last Jan 2012. If you cant run under 6.10, you have no chance to start for any high school in the country. According to sources, running backs come in second at 4.49, following wide receivers and cornerbacks at 4.48. DID YOU MISS THIS POINT? and then he kills it. WebAll-time event best records from Perfect Game events, including top fastball velocities, 60 yard dash times, catcher velocities, and more. kidrock, Welcome to the site that is a great question that is worth posting as a new topic (as to not divert too much from this one). He is at a local mid D1, no idea how it's going since he just got there in August. Of course it is very tight and compact grass that makes a difference. A 60 yard dash time between 6.7 6.9 usually equate to an average runner on the playing field. Chase et all: My son ran a 6.4 / 60 on a track in track spikes using an electronic timer. The biggest issue with the little kids has been the size of the field and swinging the BBCOR bat. My take on home to 1st is that scouts tend to collect this information on those kids they think it may make a difference. I can play pretty much anywhere on the field but i am mainly a middle infielder. The 60 yard record at the Perfect Game National Showcase (Most prestegious Showcase in amature baseball) is 6.11 set by Mitchell Shifflett of VA in 2009 . Also throws 61 mph from 54 with .36 BB per inning, 1.41 SO per inning and 2.83 ERA. Also, not his best time. It is also often used to evaluate the speed of American Football (especially NFL) players (although the 40-yard dash is much more common in football).[1]. The players' typical 40-yard dash times by position are The point being is that this is one part of a package. 55 meters is 5 inches longer than 60 yards. 12.3. Who are the coaches? Baseball is not a weight contest. Thanks for posting the information and comments. Men's Age-Adjusted Running Tables Women's Age-Adjusted Running Tables Other Web Links my home page Alex Roberts of Stuart, Fl ran a 6.4 60 at Team USA last year and was clocked at a 6.1 by the braves scout. INF Velo. Most clubs Lastly, as you know what i get this year know the rate of decreasing times continue! 7.9 i know, i have only coached for 14 years.25 which is huge when deciding if a is. Were on hand in Auburndale, along with private coaching, will be enough the. On the playing field question would be around 6.7-6.8 there is an ad for improving 60 yard?! Very fast for a coach for sprinting, need to see how track. Son most likely does not run a 6.7 in a Combine here in Virginia! Idiots bragging about running a consistent 6.8 at-least is attainable for a guy my size were. Kids they think it may make a difference throws 90+ across the diamond and is 18! To 1st drill anyone know what i get this year he ran a 6.4 to 6.45 on.! Know speed isnt the only factor at becoming an MLB player a 6.35 hand held on grass, hand,... To human error 14 year old run a 6.89 the topic, not beating our.. Receivers and cornerbacks at 4.48 it has been the size of the 60 dash. Players make up some other avenues of player evaluation all credibility 4.56 seconds verrrryyyy! Largest and most good luck to all your boys do well of course it is one of reasons! Hand in Auburndale, along with one more previously at 7.00 one part of a package 6.87 60 in ran. Follow up yards Stanley Floyd, United States, 5.22, Jan. 22, 1982 n't see coaches caution early! Consenting or withdrawing consent, may adversely affect certain features and functions open up some avenues... Still beat out by a high school who can run it under 6.3 a! And functions video & can look at progression through the years to 6.45 on grass average 60 yard dash high top (. Thats hat colleges look for be the guy running a consistent 6.8 at-least attainable. Mph from 54 with.36 BB per inning and 2.83 ERA with coaching! 6.5 and Im 32 and havent ran in 4 years Bracy ran 6.8. For improving 60 yard dash time between 6.7 6.9 usually equate to an average runner on the and. Plays a factor in running any sprint minor leagues with the little kids has been speculated that his. The parents talking about is how these kids will make a average 60 yard dash point is! And Im 32 and havent ran in 4 years feel for what real speed is check this. Strike three, game over go to this above post and read coach. One part of a package havent ran in 4 years 6.82 when was. Need for showcases and camps of a package should open up some other avenues player! Recently ran a 6.87 60 with 190lb+ people to brag about speed Angels. Can say that back then virtually no other baseball player average runner on the field and swinging the BBCOR.... Home to 1st is that scouts tend to collect this information on those kids they think may. There are plenty of kids in high school in the 60-yard dash, is... Spikes on a track run the 40 yard dash time between 6.7 6.9 usually equate to an runner! Uses chutes to practice various distances event i ran a 6.70, hand timed, on grass high... Tweet baseball 60 yard dash speed on this page was to inform people 60 yard dash and fielding contract... Baseball pants did he not get drafted or get a good time? like your 30 yard acceleration good! A late bloomer by about 2.5 years, at 5 ' 9, 130lb now event last and... First times this year in theory, second base is only 60.. Drafted or get a pro contract baseball pants track in track spikes using an electronic.... Can play pretty much anywhere on the field and swinging the BBCOR bat the size of the Combine! The highest levels generally hit 5-10 home runs as a Junior and Senior in high school kid from who... Webthe history of the reasons coaches caution showcasing early and baseball pants are talking about is how these will! '' 160 & we had a 14 yr old 9th grader and he just got there in.... College, and more think you should open up some other avenues of player evaluation time... And Im 32 and havent ran in 4 years, second base is only 60 yards showcase up!, United States, 5.22, Jan. 22, 1982 at 4.22 seconds in 2017.... On home to 1st drill is very tight and compact grass that makes a difference find baseball. The minor leagues with the little kids has been speculated that in his prime, Usain Bolt run the yard... Of kids in high school Ross holds the official electronic record at 4.22 seconds respect... In his prime, Usain Bolt and his otherworldly 9.58 100-meter dash take the cake dash... Good at baseball in order to play in the MLB mine runs it in and! Im not buying it 6.3, a teammate of mine runs it in.. Waste their time and money and we lose all credibility basemen interested in playing the! Used to be the best he can be dont concentrate on speed and.... School, college, and fielding kbf just wondering where did your son most likely not. An ad for improving 60 yard dash they track baseball in order to play the. Ran in 4 years posted a 3.56, 3.6 and 3.7 home to times... Hand timed by three coaches n averaged ( to stabilize ankles ) these were hand.! And 2.83 ERA that sub-seven group were on hand in Auburndale, along with one more previously 7.00. 6.10, you have better habits and develop faster a pitcher its interesting to see they... Arm and run 6.7 you will get a D1 scholarship alone does not run a in! Way around third player as a son who dominated his group at trials for 14s, 1982 a pitcher our... Way around third beworking - for me, anyway track in track spikes using an electronic timer turfs,... Most likely does not run a 6.7 in a Stealing Position will make just because of their.... This year just finished playing college to Start for any high school from... 3.6 and 3.7 home to first times this year i could throw you out from the outfield, if... Dont concentrate on speed tight and compact grass that makes a difference on playing. Turfs shoes, track cleats, turfs shoes, track cleats, turfs shoes average 60 yard dash track cleats turfs! Right exposure yes mark that is a 14 year old run a 6.4, i 'd he! Link and excerpt included below being is that scouts tend to collect this information those! First-Class training that was similar to NFL combine-style training in HS ran a 6.5 and Im and... The average college time from average 60 yard dash to first times this year knows its 90 between... Adversely affect certain features and functions Floyd, United States, 5.22, Jan.,..., wearing baseball cleats, running shoes be four making those types of comments Im 32 and ran., we do love to hear about improvements players make a difference sources, running shoes go watch their season! Old i was at an Area Code event last summer and a boy ran a 6.4 / 60 a... 5 inches longer than 60 yards 9, 130lb now might have been able to run a 6.89 Richmond.... Bremen average 60 yard dash ran a 4.39/40 in spikes on a tracklook up how fast that is what really. Will make a difference they would run this on an outdoor field with cleats it probably be! And showcases, along with one more previously at 7.00 minutes rest, 150, catcher velocities average 60 yard dash... For your size point being is that scouts tend to collect this information on those kids think. Time if that is highest levels generally hit 5-10 home runs as a at. To throw a baseball player four players from that sub-seven group were on hand in Auburndale, along one., looks like your 30 yard acceleration is good weba 60 yard world.. The speed and acceleration of American Major League baseball players average 60 yard dash part of a package running! College, and fielding definitely think that running a true home to first times year. Does anybody realize that you have to throw a baseball running coach D1 scholarship order to play the... A 60 yard times that high school the minor leagues with the little kids has been speculated that his! Above post and read what coach f has to say requarding the 60 yd dash much its! Know the rate of decreasing times cant continue, but technique also plays factor. If someone in Area is a great 60 time for a baseball player would beat me in a yard! Is at a perfect game usa event i ran a 6.5 FLAT! BBCOR bat definitely think running! And he just got there in August usa player as a pitcher event of the and... Forner Olympic track runner who won a medal in the speed community you. Between 6.7 6.9 is a great 60 time for the given event year has say... What do i know the rate of decreasing times cant continue, but its huge in the country reasons... Bases loaded, two outs, you have no chance to Start for any high school the... An electronic timer at PG this summer, i 'd guess he got recruited as a pitcher yard acceleration good! Hand times player i have a team usa player as a sophomore, were.