My tea of choice was the Famous Edinburgh tea which is a blend of India, Sri Lanka and Kenya ceylon based tea. Balmoral Hotels Palm Court was given a top to bottom facelift by Rocco Forte Hotels in September 2013, modernizing the room into a light and lovely Afternoon Tea lounge. Sit under a shimmering ceiling aboard Scotlands first luxury floating hotel and tuck into a selection of perfectly formed savoury and sweet delicacies. The Balmoral Hotel Questions & Answers 5,206 Reviews Ranked #15 of 164 Hotels in Edinburgh. Sophie x. I'm a UK-based solo female travel blogger. Vegan and gluten-free menus are available, as well as a childrens version. In 1991 celebrated Scottish actor Sean Connery officially reopened the hotel as The Balmoral, Gaelic for majestic dwelling, following 23-million refurbishment. This iconic hotel is one of Auld Reekie's most recognisable landmarks and the first thing that most people see when arriving in the city by train - as it is located just next door to Waverley Station. This means that if you book your accommodation through our site, Dobbernationloves will earn a small commission at no extra cost to you. 1 Princes Street. Staff were friendly and very on top of it. Yet at the same time, I felt I could just sit, breathe and relax before heading back out the doors to explore the city. Your support helps us to produce comprehensive content. Read my review of the Balmoral Hotel here. Their luxurious afternoon tea consists of sweet treats including delicious macaroons and lemon meringue tart. . Be seen with the in-crowd at Tigerlily, a contemporary and very en-trend hot spot situated on Edinburghs fashionable George Street. Fit for the royalty who have called Edinburgh home for centuries, the menu features a sumptuous selection of loose-leaf teas (pleasingly poured tableside), fresh pastries, dainty sandwiches and expertly crafted savouries, as well as a beguiling selection of Champagnes.Take a seat under the green leaves of palm trees, gently bathed in the light that cascades down from the sparkling glass dome and the Venetian chandelier. Thursday to Monday: 6:00PM to 9.30PM Ill break it down by tier: Safe to say that after this, we were quite full from our Balmoral Afternoon Tea. . Even before thinking you needed something, theyd already be there to assist. A harpist plays, like an angel from above, on the balcony, which adds to the lovely atmosphere. Its luxurious afternoon tea includes an array of sandwiches, including grilled chicken and truffle mayonnaise brioche, freshly baked fruit scones with clotted cream, fresh strawberries and strawberry preserve, while the moreish sweets include delights such as chocolate plant pot, madeleine cake with lemon curd, red velvet raspberry cake and a strawberry milkshake, all accompanied by a choice of teas, infusions or coffees. The Red Bus Bistro is one of the most unique afternoon tea places that Edinburgh has to offer. Serene in style and sumptuous in substance, the award-winning Afternoon Tea at The Balmorals Palm Court is like no other. An Afternoon Tea Masterclass brochure outlining the history of the tradition and tips for making the perfect pot of tea. The Balmoral. My friend and I stopped in one day while visited Edinburgh for high tea. You can read my Yelp review of Tea at the Ritz and see why it remains #1. We suggest these comfortable walking shoes for urban adventures or these waterproof hiking boots when embarking on a hike holiday. A translator for other languages can be booked if required. Edinburgh born Ross Sneddon has honed his skills as an accomplished pastry chef over the past two decades. A final lovely touch is a chocolate treat and a small tin of tea for us each to take home. The Balmoral Hotel Hotel Edinburgh. Reply to: Afternoon Tea at Palm Court, Balmoral Hotel. After everything is expertly explained by the waiter, we start with the savoury tartlets while they are still warm. This is a little something to get your palate ready. Restaurantes nas proximidades de The Scott no Tripadvisor: confira 367.050 avaliaes e 50.001 fotos de restaurantes perto de The Scott em Edimburgo, Reino Unido. Afternoon Tea with a glass of Champagne 35 per person. Afternoon tea overlooking St Andrew Square is a lovely way to pass the time. I can go on for days about how amazing clotted cream is in the UK. The popular British baking show was hosted by Michelin star chef, Tom Kerridge and judged by Claire Clark (former head pastry chef at Thomas Kellers The French Laundry), Benoit Blin (Le Manoir) and Cherish Finden. I just made a reservation for my husband and me to enjoy afternoon tea at Palm Court. Life Style. British High Tea was initially launched as a private social event for ladies looking to climb the echelons of high society. The Afternoon Tea team recently took a trip to Edinburgh to sample the Afternoon Tea at The Balmoral Hotel. Balmoral . This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in the United States. document.getElementById( "ak_js_1" ).setAttribute( "value", ( new Date() ).getTime() ); DOBBERNATIONLOVES is an award-winning lifestyle site created by Toronto-based writer and photographer Andrew John Virtue Dobson. Along with perfectly rectangular classic afternoon tea sandwiches, including smoked salmon, ham, cucumber and chicken. Find more delicious food and drink hotspots in our Guide to Food & Drink in Edinburgh >. The cookies is used to store the user consent for the cookies in the category "Necessary". 1 Princes Street | Edinburgh, SCT EH2 2EQ [SEE MAP] #3 in Best Edinburgh Hotels. Edinburgh, Scotland . A stand came with all three tiers filled with a selection of classic and contemporary sandwiches and savories. Sir Rocco Forte bought The Balmoral on 1st March 1997. I'd like to say that my wife and I had a phenomenal time at afternoon tea at the Bollinger Bar at Palm Court. Our friendly server poured us a glass each of Charles Heidsieck Ros, which is a delicate rose gold colour and deliciously dry to taste. In terms of value for money, wonderful service, and foremost the sheer range of tasty savoury and sweet treats on offer cannot be beaten. Dobbernationloves had an opportunity to chat with Chef Sneddon who chirped, The art of Afternoon Tea for the team here at The Balmoral is ingredient-led and driven by the idea of gastronomic excellence. Edinburgh. The Balmoral didnt disappoint on this front either and what arrived at the table was a plethora of colourful and interestingly shaped deserts! On the day we visit, the elegant Palm Court setting is bursting with life, buzzing with activity and conversation. Selection of sandwiches with fillings like chicken mayo and tarragon, ham and mustard, Mull of Kintyre cheddar and Arran onion chutney. Its difficult to imagine a more decadent, indulgent treat. We also use third-party cookies that help us analyze and understand how you use this website. Whether you want to host a lavish gala dinner or an intimate business gathering, a private cocktail party or a product launch, our 10 sophisticated and well-equipped events spaces in Edinburghwhich can accommodate parties of 15 to 400 guestsoffer style, comfort and The Balmoral Edinburgh Hotels impeccable, world-class service. This cookie is set by GDPR Cookie Consent plugin. Enjoy a range of the finest teas followed by a selection of perfectly formed savoury and sweet delicacies and watch vibrant vessels come and go. There are few hours in life more agreeable than the hour dedicated to the ceremony known as afternoon tea - Henry James. I loved the whole experience as it wasnt just going for afternoon tea but a really celebratory moment. Tea enthusiasts will be delighted with the variety of teas here. Located on Rose Street in the New Town, Patisserie Valerie is the perfect place to relax after a days shopping and sightseeing. Youll find thistle patterned sofas and specially commissioned hand-painted De Gournay wallpaper featuring well known follies of Edinburgh incorporated into the dramatic Scottish landscape. When they arrived with the tiered tray itwas laden withscrummy-looking savoury morsels. As a Brit, I have had my fair share of afternoon teas. Situated at the gardens entrance of the Scottish National Gallery on the Mound with iconic views to Princes Street Gardens,The Scottish Cafe & Restaurantis an award-winning restaurant, sourcing the best locally produced ingredients wherever possible. The Palm Court, Balmoral Hotel. Heather honey & Arran mustard glazed gammon The Balmoral Hotel Edinburgh, 1 Princes Street, where Old Town meets New, a legendary hotel and landmark clock tower: a symbol of its city. Envisioned by Olga Polizzi, the design embodies the Scottish landscape. Edinburgh Tourism . The AfternoonTea.co.uk tea got a behind the scones look at the Alexander Hamilton Afternoon Tea at the Lanesborough, inspired by the hit musical. Frequently asked questions. Becki W. Leicestershire, United Kingdom Hi , is there a dress code for afternoon tea ? Gay Magic.. They are decorated in a tropical shade of hot pink and house some of the prettiest porcelain sinks I have ever seen in my life, accompanied by gold vintage taps! BOOK ONLINE. Edinburgh offers everything we love about Scotland - the land of the brave, tartan and deep-fried haggis. Afternoon tea at The Balmoral is served in Palm Court, which can be accessed by walking straight to a set of doors directly across the front doors of the hotel. Copyright Third Eye Traveller 2023 | Disclosure & Privacy Policy. The dress code says "smart casual," and I am interpreting that to mean a neat, well put together style - not joggers or torn jeans. A good afternoon tea should take as long as it takes. Languages available: English, French and German. The cookie is set by GDPR cookie consent to record the user consent for the cookies in the category "Functional". Balmoral Hotel Edinburgh. Something that was new to me was an Amuse Bouche! Open now : 09:00 AM - 5:00 PM. Website. The Balmoral Classic luxury hotel with bespoke rooms in the heart of Edinburgh. The cookie is set by the GDPR Cookie Consent plugin and is used to store whether or not user has consented to the use of cookies. ABOUT US . Reservations Only. VIEW SAMPLE . 1 Princes Street The Balmoral Hotel, Edinburgh EH2 2EQ Scotland +44 131 556 2414 Website Menu. The cookie is used to store the user consent for the cookies in the category "Analytics". Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted. Palm Court: Afternoon Tea at Balmoral Hotel - See 1,080 traveller reviews, 676 candid photos, and great deals for Edinburgh, UK, at Tripadvisor. Sample our award-winning Afternoon Tea at Palm Court, Edinburgh. Room service is also available 24 hours a day. However, you may visit "Cookie Settings" to provide a controlled consent. Enjoy romantic music offered by a local harpist from 2:30pm to 4pm Monday to Sunday (May to September) and Wednesday to Sunday (October to April). If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu. 16 George Street, Edinburgh, EH2 2PF. Functional cookies help to perform certain functionalities like sharing the content of the website on social media platforms, collect feedbacks, and other third-party features. The Balmoral Hotel: very relaxing ,enjoyable stay with minor hick up . These cookies will be stored in your browser only with your consent. COVID-19 update: See the added health and safety measures this property is taking. Cost: 40 (about $52 USD) per person for Afternoon Tea (in this review) Tea Time: Noon to 5 pm at The Balmoral. Experience a luxurious stay at Edinburgh's most . It was a delight to finally have an opportunity to sample Chef Ross Sneddons Balmoral Hotel Afternoon Tea service. Enjoy a quiet drink, a sweet treat or a warming cup of Balmoral blended tea. Edinburgh Tourism . With walls adorned with images from the countrys heritage, and stunning views looking out onto Edinburgh Castle, Princes Street Gardens & The Scott Monument, youll feel truly immersed in all the Scottish with Afternoon Tea atScott's on Princes Street. Cant make it in person? 1 Princes Street, Old Town, Edinburgh, EH2 2EQ, United Kingdom. back . Set within a stunning 19th century building, Colonnades at the Signet Libraryprovides a truly memorable afternoon tea experience from start to finish. A host was at the front and took me through the doors to Palm Court, where I was seated under the rooms dome and glittering chandelier and among palm trees. French-Scottish bistro fare, award-winning afternoon tea and a serene urban spa at the city's most majestic spot. Rooms & Suites. Opinions? Note: A big thank you to The Balmoral for providing the afternoon tea for this review. So the smallest members of the family don't miss out, a Children's Afternoon Tea is also available. Edinburgh. Facebook; Twitter; Instagram Opening times: Sunday-Thursday 8am-12am Friday - Saturday 8am-1am. Format: Please note that Wizard Afternoon Tea is largely self-guided, but a potion's master is on-hand to make sure that you don't turn yourself into a frog! Never travel without insurance! 1 Princes Street. Laura. All rights reserved, Staycation Afternoon Tea at St Pancras Brasserie and Champagne Bar by Searcys, The Orangery at Blenheim Palace - Afternoon Tea Review, Chef Chat: The Lanesborough's Alexander Hamilton Afternoon Tea. View on Google Maps. The room feels sophisticated and classy the kind of environment youd expect to have a proper afternoon tea in. These cookies track visitors across websites and collect information to provide customized ads. Everything was served on white plates. 0131 270 3900. Enjoy a selection of sandwiches, savouries, cakes and fresh-baked scones, served with your choice of tea or artisan coffee. In the historic settings of the mews courtyard at The Palace of Holyroodhouseenjoy a delicious range of home-made cakes, pastries and sandwiches, all served with your choice of palace loose leaf tea. When expanded it provides a list of search options that will switch the . View Hotel. Capture your holiday on a quality camera. But opting out of some of these cookies may affect your browsing experience. Contemporary art abounds on the lacquered red walls, from pieces lent by Londons Royal College of Art, to Adam Ellis stunning Scottish oak triptych. If I could have these in my bathroom at home I totally would! We are packing light for our 2 week trip and will probably wear dark slacks with a sweater or nice blouse/shirt under rain jackets. This cookie is set by GDPR Cookie Consent plugin. Last year, I had afternoon tea at The Balmoral with my mother and daughter; it was a truly memorable and delicious experience, but it was only a taste of what the Rocco Forte Balmoral Hotel has to offer. The Balmoral, 1 Princes Street, where Old Town meets New, a legendary hotel and landmark clock tower: a symbol of its city, Do you need accomodation for all or some of your guests? Vibrant and quirky, Eteaket is a welcoming little tea room in Frederick Street, popular with both residents and visitors alike. The Balmoral has 188 rooms ranging from the Classic to Suites. The cookie is used to store the user consent for the cookies in the category "Performance". Palm Court, home to The Balmoral afternoon tea, is located at the back of the hotel foyer. A smooth Emperor's Breakfast tea with the sandwiches and something more delicate, Jasmine Silver Tip with the desserts, were notable favourites. Serene in style and sumptuous in substance, the award-winning Afternoon Tea at The Balmoral's Palm Court is like no other. NYC Social Media Manager, Content Creator, Travel Blogger. The Balmoral Hotel: excellant hotel - See 5,223 traveller reviews, 2,232 candid photos, and great deals for The Balmoral Hotel at Tripadvisor. One word sums up the style and luxury of the afternoon tea served in the Balmorals Palm Court. With its impressive architecture, famous clocktower, and Scottish flag flying patriotically its like a siren that makes you want to see whats inside its walls. The Balmoral Edinburgh. 1 Princes St. Edinburgh EH2 2EQ. It does not store any personal data. In the afternoon, indulge with Champagne Afternoon Tea in the opulent surroundings of Palm Court. Balmoral Hotel Afternoon Tea at Palm Court, Balmoral Hotel Afternoon Tea Three-Tiered Service, Balmoral Hotel Afternoon Tea Loose Leaf Menu, Balmoral Hotel Afternoon Tea with Helen Vass, Balmoral Hotel Afternoon Tea Reservations, Edinburgh Breweries: Taste Scotlands Best Craft Beer, Islay Distilleries: Comprehensive Guide to Scotlands Whisky Island, Edinbane Lodge: Luxury Boutique Hotel and Restaurant in Skye, Achnagairn Castle: Luxury Hotel Near Inverness, Afternoon Tea at The Langham Hotel in Chicago, Afternoon Tea at the Shangri-La Hotel in Toronto, Afternoon Tea at the Prince of Wales Hotel in Niagara, Afternoon Tea at the Taj Mahal Palace Hotel in Mumbai, Afternoon Tea at Fairmont Chateau Laurier in Ottawa, Afternoon Tea at the Ritz-Carlton Hong Kong, Afternoon Tea at the Fairmont Empress in Victoria, Afternoon Tea at The Plaza Hotel in New York City, Afternoon Tea at Langdon Hall in Cambridge, Afternoon Tea at Four Seasons Hotel Hampshire, Afternoon Tea at Urban Tea Merchant in Vancouver, Afternoon Tea at Boh Tea Esate in Cameron Highlands, Malaysia, Afternoon Tea at Four Seasons Resort Koh Samui, Afternoon Tea at The Strand Hotel in Yangon, Best Romantic High Tea in Downtown Toronto, Amaretto Disaronno Sour Cocktail Drink Recipe, Northern Edge Algonquin Muskoka Retreat Review, 137 Pillars House Chiang Mai Hotel Review, Best Romantic Phuket Honeymoon Resorts & Hotels, A selection of classic and contemporary sandwiches and savouries, Homemade scones, fresh from the oven served with clotted cream and preserves. The Afternoon Tea Team are always on the look out for Afternoon Tea related news, reviews, seasonal menus, special events and competitions. The ultimate indulgence. Its always time for tea! [READ MORE] With its origins as a railway hotel, The Waldorf Astoria Edinburgh first began its reputation as avenue for the rich and famous and locals alike in 1903. - See 5,222 traveler reviews, 2,232 candid photos, and great deals for The Balmoral Hotel at Tripadvisor. 10/10 Exceptional . Edinburgh, Scotland . Or, why not kick things up a notch with a glass of prosecco, or handcrafted gin cocktail, for a truly special experience. Please note that menus are subject to change. Im already adding The Balmorals Michelin-starred restaurant, Number One on the list for my next visit. Hotel du Vin. This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged. The Balmoral features the Michelin-starred restaurant, Number One. We will be back! Ask your server to point out the subtle local references throughout the decor. Champagne Afternoon Tea . Their sandwiches and cakes are all made using the finest, freshest seasonal ingredients with gluten free and vegetarian options available. Immerse yourself in our Floral Afternoon Tea, inspired by all the iconic EL&N floral interiors in our cafs! And the savories came in a traditional three tiered stand. map, roccofortehotels.com/the-finer-details/privacy-policy, View Preview. Photos. Add a splash of vintage champagne to celebrate a special occasion. Hi Marie, ah thanks for reading! Afternoon Tea and Pastries 24-Hour Room Service and Breakfast in Bed; Choice of Curated, All-Inclusive Shore Excursions; . Out of these, the cookies that are categorized as necessary are stored on your browser as they are essential for the working of basic functionalities of the website. Location: This booking is at The Cauldron Edinburgh, 57a Frederick Street, Edinburgh EH2 1LH. Third Eye Traveller participates in various affiliate marketing programs. SELECT GIFTS. Third Eye Traveller is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com. Opening hours: 7am - 1am (daily) 9. Review of The Balmoral Hotel. Then I went to work at Pastelera scriba in Barcelona. Edinburgh afternoon tea. I wanted a time to relax and start my new book (Treasure Island, picked because Robert Louis Stevenson was from Edinburgh) so I didnt ask but Im sure theyd be willing to give you a code for WiFi. Our St James Quarter caf is located in the heart of Edinburgh, just a short walk away from the iconic Balmoral Hotel as well as Harvey Nichols and Edinburgh Castle. Analytical cookies are used to understand how visitors interact with the website. Beautiful scenes of Edinburgh adorn the walls, depictions of the city during the Georgian era of the early 1800's. Its the season and quality of the product that inspires us, rather than aesthetics or fads. For over a century, The Balmoral has found a home at Edinburgh's most prestigious address, No. EMAIL US. Usually, a Traditional tea is served with teeny finger sandwiches but the savoury fare served by the Balmoral was on another level. Although miniature in size, they were packed full of flavour and went down very well indeed. Relax in our gorgeously appointed hotel rooms and suites, where boutique amenities . The citrus flavour complements the tea perfectly and adds a nice kick to your chai. Applewood cheese, spring onion, peppers The Setting for afternoon tea - Balmoral Palm Court. If youre not up for munching on any more treats at this time, you can take away your choice and they popthem away for you in a pretty package. In 2010, Oprah Winfrey filmed a one-hour episode of her show at The Balmorals Scone & Crombie Royal Suite with author J.K. Rowling. It combines both modern design and classic architecture in a grand pre-war building and has a majestic clock tower which can be seen from afar.. An Honest Review. Enjoy a Whiskey Tasting at The Balmoral Hotel - The Whiskey Tasting at Scotch in the Balmoral Hotel is excellent. A trip to Edinburgh wouldnt be complete without seeing The Balmoral, and in my case, for afternoon tea at The Balmoral. You can also add for an additional the Tea Flight Experience where you can sample three Scottish teas with your afternoon tea as mentioned above. Its a unique Balmoral memory that allows tea lovers to savour the moment for as long as can be.. See 5,223 traveller reviews, 2,232 candid photos, and great deals for The Balmoral Hotel, ranked #13 of 164 hotels in Edinburgh and rated 4.5 of 5 at Tripadvisor. Palm Court inside The illustrious Balmoral Hotel has bumped my second place winner of AfternoonTea to third place.