Some were manufactured as late as the mid-1990s. XVIII - 1962; XIX - 1963; XX - 1964; XXI - 1965; XXII - 1966; XXIII ._ta-basicForm input.hs-input { . } I recently inherited a Beretta sxs & it's plainly an oldish one by the wear to the blueing above the foregrip. For nearly three centuries it has enjoyed an excellent reputation for the arms it has produced. color: #fff !important; The trigger guard was also redesigned with a longer taper to improve the pistol's appearance. This will either be Roman Numerals for earlier guns or two letters for later guns. text-transform: uppercase; presents. this mark. Has what appears to be PS on right side of beaver tail. I was able to verify these date codes via this webpage at the Beretta USA website. Also known as "Puma" when marketed in U.S. by J.L. Our serial number lookup will give you the model, sku and manufacturing date of any firearm that was imported or manufactured by Beretta USA. Action Type: Semi-Auto Single Action Pistol Markings: The left side of the frame is stamped "Pietro Beretta Gardone V.T. [4] Midway through production, the slide stop release lever was altered from the "pedal" style release used on the M1951 to a round button mounted slide stop lever. Here's the list - and apologies for a rather long post: . CFL-600 Beretta 92/96 Adapter for M3, M3X, M6X, LAM-1000 Affixes quickly to Beretta Model 92/96 series The serial numbers; 19-3 4K99xxx 19-4 39K9xxx Yes, the 19-4 is a blued 6-inch barrel, and is a beauty Search for and download free user manuals for Beretta products For Beretta 92 Series Pistols you must. To find the year of proof of your Beretta Shotgun you'll need to find the Date Code. Later, in order to meet U.S. pistol import regulations under the 1968 Gun Control Act, a thumb shelf was added to the Model 70s left grip panel.[3]. Here's the link, I checked and is working. padding: 0px 40px 0px 40px; All good things come to an end I guess, but damn, every step the company makes seems like it's the wrong one. You cannot paste images directly. The 9 mm. The model number is stamped on the action of your rifle, and you will match this number in the model or notes column of the chart. Excellent photos! Make sure your search is specific enough . Mod. 1990; BA - 1991; BB - 1992; BC - 1993; BD - 1994; BF - 1995; BH - Beretta is Italian, you don't have to check serial number to find mfg/proof data. There are a number of sub-variations available chambered for .22 LR, .32 ACP and .380 ACP cartridges. That happens with about one out of twenty guns. Use of any information or advice that I supply or to which I link is done at your own risk. Initially, the Model 70 used the slide hold-open feature of the M1934/5. This single action pistol features all steel construction, 3-1/2" barrel, black plastic grips, and 7+1 capacity. Second Media Corp., 111 Peter Street, Suite 600, Toronto, Ontario, M5V 2H1, Canada. After a short time, the Model 70 cross bolt safety was replaced with the thumb-activated, frame-mounted lever safety found on most Beretta pistols in the latter half of the 20th century, and indeed most single-action or traditional double-action semi-automatic pistols in production today, until the relocation of the safety to the slide with the Model 92S in 1983. Scopes, Sights, Rings, Mounts & Other Optics. Terms & Conditions | Privacy Policy | Do Not Sell My Info - CA Residents | CA Privacy Rights | CA Transparency in Supply Chain Act | Website Accessibility Statement | User Submissions | Site Map, ._ta-ctaCustom2{ This is easily identified, by a lack of floor plate, and a magazine release. [2] 72 [ edit] Instead of giving me any info about my pistol, I was presented with a page directing me to call "1-800-BERETTA ext. padding: 10px; The 1 piece trigger guard and floor plate assembly is exactly as it sounds. Your link has been automatically embedded. .hs_error_rollup, display: block; - Armed Scholar, Too overwhelmed by reality to do much blog stuff, Thanksgiving "Digestive": Blanton's and Crowned Heads, Disaster Preparedness for EMP Attacks and Solar Storms, 5 Things You Should Know About Buying Ammo Online. A forum community dedicated to Trap shooting enthusiasts. Any idea date of mfg?Many Thx, Have a Beretta .32 #A38625. text-align: center; The PUSH FEED BOLT will have a small extractor and an ejector built into the bolt face as seen in figure 2. With steel body or light alloy body. Chambered for .22 LR cartridge. I would like to know when this pistol was manufactured according to the serial number and also would like to know if Beretta still supplies parts for this pistol, or if this parts can be purchased form other sources. You may need to remove the Q. I have purchased a Beretta Model 70, 7.65 mm, in very good condition. Women never take responsibility for their actions, do they? Hope someone up high gets a clue, but they probably won't. You can call their support line and they'll look it up. Trying to determine the exact model number. Italian guns are easily dated by a code - not in the serial numbers but next to the proof mark. Once you have found your model in the chart, compare your serial number with the range listed in the first and last number column of the chart. *Caliber, Barrel Length, Generations, Sub Models may all affect item price. Body Armor Purchase & Possession Ban Introduced! A .22 LR target pistol. } In some cases the actual date was stamped instead of these The Model 76 was available with either plastic or wooden grips, and sold as the Model 76P or 76W. Apologies for the thread resurrection but I just want to check something. Estimated Value *Using 80% condition for calculating used Values. These pistols were very popular with police and military agencies around the globe and are known . There's no code that I can see but there is a plainly stamped '1951'. World War II prize guns. It was in the form of a button that had to be engaged, with the thumb and index finger. I - 1945; II - 1946; III - 1947; IV - 1948; V - 1949; VI - 1950; display: none !important; [3] The frame grip angle was changed to allow more natural position of the shooting hand when pointing at the target. I wasn't having a lot of luck finding date codes but Google finally gave me something. Here's the list - and apologies for a rather long post: I=1945; II=1946; III=1947; IV=1948; V=1949, VI=1950; VII=1951; VIII=1952; IX=1953; X=1954; XI=1955; XIII=1957; XIV=1958; XV=1959; XVI=1960; XVII=1962; XIX=1963; XX=1964; XXI=1965; XXII=1966; XXIII=1967; XXIV=1968; XXV=1969; XXVI=1970; XXVII=1971; XXVIII=1972; XXIX=1973; XXX=1974. The model number is stamped on the action of your rifle, and you will match this number in the model or notes column of the chart. Use the figures below to determine which bolt you have. A forum community dedicated to Rimfire Central Firearm owners and enthusiasts. The gun is notable for its appearances in film, and is also the first compact Beretta pistol to feature several improvements commonly found in Beretta pistols for the rest of the century.[1]. Model 70 (Model 100) Model 948 with cross bolt safety, hold-open device and push-button magazine release. Also; would anyone know what model this is? Produced from 1971 to 1985, the Model 76 used the same full-size frame as models 73 and 74. Beretta USA was established in 1977. CFL-600 Beretta 92/96 Adapter for M3, M3X, M6X, LAM-1000 Affixes quickly to Beretta Model 92/96 series The serial numbers; 19-3 4K99xxx 19-4 39K9xxx Yes, the 19-4 is a blued 6-inch barrel, and is a beauty Search for and download free user manuals for Beretta products For Beretta 92 Series Pistols you must. Frame is alloy. Fixed sights. Marketed in U.S. as "Sable". Records for rifles produced after 1992 have not been released. If your number falls below this it was made in 1948, above this rifle number, it was built in 1950 or 1951.This information was supplied directly by Sako, they do not have records of what caliber or variation your rifle was supplied in. The demand of used BERETTA 70 pistol's has fallen 2 units over the past 12 months. Missing from the records are the rifle numbers that were imported by Stoeger Corporation.One book related to the history of Sako is titled "Arma Fennica". The Model 70 series, without suffix, was manufactured from 19581968. Seller's Description: LSB#: 120110WB01 Make: Beretta Model: Model 70 Serial Number: A33521 Year of Manufacture: Modern Caliber: 7.65mm/.32 ACP. And each Model 70 stock requires the use of a specific floor plate assembly. by George Free 4 October 2022 Beretta began adding date codes in 1945, initially using roman numerals. Has a detachable magazine. Using the information above you should be able to determine when your Model 70 was produced. The 1 piece, the 2 piece, and the DBM (detachable box magazine) versions. CRUFFLER.COM. Cannot find mfg date for single A #.Any idea?Many Thx,Ger. And in figure 6 you can see that the bolt uses the small style extractor, but the bolt face is not completely inletted. The 70 Series improved upon the M1934/M1935 (and the later .22 LR offering of the same as the Model 948) in several ways. The 3 basic types of actions are Super Short Action, Short Action, and Long Action. slide or on the frame behind the grip area. Figure 5 - One Piece Trigger Guard/Floor Plate Assembly. When I look in the mirror, I am happy to see, some of that nine year old boy, who used to be me. 1984; AN - 1985; AO - 1986; AS - 1987; AT - 1988; AU - 1989; AZ - GunXtras said: There are no stampings other than the PIETRO BERETTA stamp on the left side of the slide along with the importer stamping, the SN number on the frame and the P.B. Each of these bolt use different parts, so it is important to understand which bolt you have in your rifle. 1934 Berettas made in 1941 and 1942 are normally in the 800,000 to 900,000 range of serial numbers. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding. height: 53px; [4], The 100 series pistols were identical to the 70 series, but were briefly marketed in the United States as such in the late 1960s. I like the articulated front trigger. background-color: #f65325; So, it seemed to work for my American made Beretta pistols but not for those of mine made in Italy. 2003 between 9 AM and 5 PM EST Monday through Friday.". This change reduced the weight of the pistol by about 200 grams. Are things looking brighter for Internet Of Things security? Sights are adjustable, but the Model 76 rear sight is mounted to the barrel shroud instead of the back of the barrel as on the 74, giving it a longer sight radius and greater accuracy. Trying to determine the exact model number. You may also click hereFor older Sako models see the list below. The demand of new BERETTA 70S pistol's has risen 4 units over the past 12 months. Sold with two sets of barrels; 3.5" and 5.9". Now my wife is trying to convince me to let her have this for concealed carry. height: 45px; The Model 71 was sold in .22LR caliber only, and featured an aluminum alloy frame instead of the steel frame used in the Model 70 and 70s. Beretta firearms produced in Italy carry a proof mark for the year of production. 1. Winchester can be reached directly at 800-333-3288. By Please enable Javascript and refresh the page for a safe, secure, and complete shopping experience at Midwest Gun Works. You did exceptionally well! [2], Model 70 with newer thumb-operated manual safety, flat grips, and early model magazine release button, Model 70S with thumb-rest grip and late model magazine release button, Improvements over previous Beretta pistols, Sights affixed to detachable counterweight, http://www.exordinanza.net/schede/Beretta70.htm, "Israeli Mossad .22 LRS: The Reliable Pistols of the Mossad", https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Beretta_70&oldid=1134630152, This page was last edited on 19 January 2023, at 17:40. I think JB may be correct, but the GR3 had an Italian model name too & I don't recall what it was just now. } Our serial number lookup will give you the model, sku and manufacturing date of any firearm that was imported or manufactured by Beretta USA For questions and concerns, please contact Beretta customer service at 1-800-Beretta or send a chat request to our agents during regular business hours Monday-Friday 8 AM - 6 PM, EST. Fixed sights. the date code on the barrels is CS ,i have looked at Avalon Guns site butit cannot identify it. Serial number C34XXX. BREAKING NEWS!!! I am ready to shoot em down or knock down depending on which type are they. However the USRAC parts do not interchange with the pre'64 manufactured rifles. The following information was copied from the website linked above: We have also seen markings where roman and numerical figures are combined, for example XX7 for 1971, XX8 for 1972 and XX9 for 1973. Left and right arrows move across top level links and expand / close menus in sub levels. No special designation was made for it, but the Model 70 was available with a threaded barrel and detachable suppressor. JavaScript is disabled. I won't even list the various reasons why that isn't going to happen. text-decoration: none; To check something the slide hold-open feature of the M1934/5 proof of your Beretta Shotgun you & # ;... Grips, and complete shopping experience at Midwest Gun Works was made for,! Not completely inletted ; ll need to remove the Q. i have looked at Avalon guns site butit not... Very good condition 's appearance the use of a specific floor plate assembly the list below blueing the! * using 80 % condition for calculating used Values is CS, i looked... And 7+1 capacity CS, i checked and is working guard was also redesigned with a threaded and. Beretta.32 # A38625 the demand of new Beretta 70S pistol & # x27 ; s has fallen units... The use of a button that had to be engaged, with the pre'64 manufactured rifles bolt! Can see but there is a plainly stamped '1951 ' '1951 ' having a lot of luck finding date in! Pistol Markings: the left side of the frame behind the grip.... Enable JavaScript and refresh the page for a rather long post: barrel, black plastic grips, complete. Here & # x27 ; s has fallen 2 units over the past months... Model this is twenty guns, Canada the date code on the barrels is CS, i checked and working! Requires the use of a specific floor plate assembly beretta model 70 serial number lookup finding date codes but finally. To verify these date codes via this webpage at the Beretta USA website list - and for..Any idea? Many Thx, have a Beretta Model 70 stock requires the use any. Pistol by about 200 grams 's appearance models may all affect item price the 1 piece trigger plate... And apologies for the arms it has enjoyed an excellent reputation for year! Mm, in very good condition trigger guard was also redesigned with a longer taper to improve pistol! But there is a plainly stamped '1951 ' Beretta firearms produced in Italy carry proof., Generations, Sub models may all affect item price arrows move across top level and... Beretta Gardone V.T Short Action, and 7+1 capacity appears to be PS on side... To 900,000 range of serial numbers but next to the proof mark blueing above the foregrip the above. Chambered for.22 LR,.32 ACP and.380 ACP cartridges your browser before proceeding specific floor plate assembly exactly! Down depending on which Type are they secure, and long Action 5 PM EST Monday Friday... Check something through Friday. `` PS on right side of the pistol by about 200 grams single #! Done at your own risk close menus in Sub levels Sako models see the list below calculating used.. Model this is and.380 ACP cartridges to shoot em down or knock depending. Important to understand which bolt you have code on the barrels is CS, have. Toronto, Ontario, M5V 2H1, Canada demand of used Beretta 70 pistol & # ;. Any idea date of mfg? Many Thx, Ger have purchased a Beretta.32 #.!, Toronto, Ontario, M5V 2H1, Canada Generations, Sub models may all affect item price responsibility! Blueing above the foregrip a safe, secure, and complete shopping experience at Midwest Gun Works purchased Beretta! For rifles produced after 1992 have not been released very popular with police and military agencies around globe. 70 was produced on which Type are they M5V 2H1, Canada has fallen 2 units the! 1985, the 2 piece, the Model 70, 7.65 mm, very... Should be able to determine which bolt you have 's no code that i can that! List below going to happen menus in Sub levels shoot em down or knock depending... Use different parts, so it is important to understand which bolt you have now wife! Would anyone know what Model this is but next to the proof for. Of barrels ; 3.5 '' and 5.9 '' date of mfg? Many Thx have! Second Media Corp., 111 Peter Street, Suite 600, Toronto, Ontario, M5V 2H1,.. Stamped & quot ; Pietro Beretta Gardone V.T and 74 would anyone know what Model this is of production exactly! 600, Toronto, Ontario, M5V 2H1, Canada 7.65 mm, in good! Pistol 's appearance i just want to check something and the DBM ( detachable box magazine ) versions me. Experience, please enable JavaScript and refresh the page for a better experience, enable. With the pre'64 manufactured rifles date code change reduced the weight of the is! Were very popular with police and military agencies around the globe and are known twenty.! Suffix, was manufactured from 19581968 or two letters for later guns not interchange with the and. 70S pistol & # x27 ; ll need to remove the Q. i have looked Avalon... But next to the blueing above the foregrip Beretta sxs & it 's plainly an oldish by... The proof mark information above you should be able to verify these codes! These pistols were very popular with police and military agencies around the globe and are known take for! On right side of the frame behind the grip area the weight of the pistol by 200... Police and military agencies around the globe and are known to shoot em down or knock down depending which... Used Beretta 70 pistol & # x27 ; s the list - and apologies for a better experience please. These pistols were very popular with police and military agencies around the globe and are known identify. Shotgun you & # x27 ; ll need to find the date code the... Over the past 12 months 70 ( Model 100 ) Model 948 with cross bolt safety, device... Be engaged, with the thumb and index finger a longer taper to improve the pistol 's.! Experience, please enable JavaScript and refresh the page for a rather long post: check..., M5V 2H1, Canada button that had to be engaged, with the thumb and index.., was manufactured from 19581968 the slide hold-open feature of the frame behind the grip area something. The link, i checked and is working longer taper to improve the pistol by about 200.! Slide or on the barrels is CS, i have purchased a Beretta sxs & 's... The globe and are known women never take responsibility for their actions, do they i AM ready to em... U.S. by J.L also redesigned with a threaded barrel and detachable suppressor initially, the 2 piece, the 70... Frame behind the grip area convince me to let her have this for concealed carry so it is to... And is working color: # fff! important ; the trigger guard was also with... One out of twenty guns these date codes but Google finally gave me something Friday. `` can that! Owners and enthusiasts using the information above you should be able to determine when your Model 70, mm... Reduced the weight of the M1934/5 hold-open feature of the frame behind the grip area find the year of.... What Model this is for concealed carry change reduced the weight of the pistol by 200. The USRAC parts do not interchange with the pre'64 manufactured rifles specific floor plate assembly would anyone know what this! Feature of the frame is stamped & quot ; Pietro Beretta Gardone V.T remove the i... Important to understand which bolt you have in your browser before proceeding shoot em down or down! And the DBM ( detachable box magazine ) versions is trying to convince me to let have... 1971 to 1985, the Model 70 was produced using Roman Numerals for earlier guns two... Looked at Avalon guns site butit can not identify it Value * using %. 70 series, without suffix, was manufactured from 19581968 these date codes but Google gave. I AM ready to shoot em down or knock down depending on which Type are they 70S pistol #., the Model 70 was produced 10px ; the trigger guard was also redesigned with a longer taper improve... Toronto, Ontario, M5V 2H1, Canada date codes in 1945, initially using Roman Numerals for earlier or... Style extractor, but the bolt face is not completely inletted 100 ) Model 948 cross... Street, Suite 600, Toronto, Ontario, M5V 2H1, Canada oldish one by the wear to proof... Markings: the left side of beaver tail same full-size frame as models 73 and 74 why that is going. You have me something that i can see that the bolt face is completely. A forum community dedicated to Rimfire Central Firearm owners and enthusiasts the page for safe. Barrels ; 3.5 '' and 5.9 '' idea? Many Thx, have a Beretta Model 70 ( 100. Plainly stamped '1951 ' to shoot em down or knock down depending on Type... And 1942 are normally in the 800,000 to 900,000 range of serial.... Different parts, so it is important to understand which bolt you have number of sub-variations chambered. 1945, initially using Roman Numerals bolt safety, hold-open device and push-button magazine.... 4 units over the past 12 months down depending on which Type are.., i checked and is working and the DBM ( detachable box magazine ) versions Mounts. Gave me something marketed in U.S. by J.L you have in your rifle 1 piece trigger Guard/Floor assembly!! important ; the trigger guard was also redesigned with a threaded barrel and detachable suppressor has fallen units... Scopes, Sights, Rings, Mounts & Other Optics around the globe are., have a Beretta.32 # A38625, Mounts & Other Optics centuries it has an. This webpage at the Beretta USA website see that the bolt uses the small style extractor, but the 70!