Smart meters take automated meter readings so we can send you more accurate bills for the energy youve used. Choose from Broadband, Fibre or Fibre Plus. No. for holiday homes)- Handles a wide range of rates and charges, e.g. The developer, British Gas, indicated that the apps privacy practices may include handling of data as described below. Your bill will also reflect any price changes which may happen. You may also have a standing charge or one price for the first X number of units and a lower price for the remaining units. It tells me my balance (meters are in an awkward spot to access) and I can top up with Apple Pay. business, Services The calculations used to generate gas bills are prescribed in: The Gas (Calculation of Thermal Energy) Regulations 1996 (SI 1996/439). gas safety, EV charging points for If your supplier is unable to resolve your dispute then the Energy Ombudsman can investigate. So please can we get this fixed. Number/link. If you havent sent in regular readings recently, your bills will have been estimated so could have been higher or lower than your actual usage. reading, Help with So it makes . meter self-read platform to get your bills. You can call their Pay as you go enquiries line which is open Monday to Friday 9am to . The date of your final meter reading must within the Supply End Date (SED) + 5 calendar days to qualify. I really regret switching and its only been a couple of days! If you dont have a smart meter, you can still use the British Gas app to submit meter readings with a few taps of a finger. Topping up is easier, and works properly now. Now does not allow me to pay at all on either option. Check benefits and financial support you can get, Find out about the Energy Bills Support Scheme, The Gas (Calculation of Thermal Energy) Regulations 1996, the Gas (Calculation of Thermal Energy) Regulations 1996, Electricity meters: high bills or meter readings, Smart meters in Great Britain, quarterly update June 2021, Smart meters in Great Britain, quarterly update June 2022, Nationally approved gas and electricity meters, National sample survey for electricity meters, Market surveillance projects for gas and electricity meters, Gas meters: independent testing of accuracy, In-service testing for gas and electricity meters, National regulation: gas and electricity meters. bill, Help to pay energy or service If they find any discrepancies in the readings then you could face an unexpected bill. For any queries related to your smart meter, you can contact British Gas by calling 0333 202 9802 and selecting Option 1. 100 cubic feet = 2.83 cubic metres. Safety starts with understanding how developers collect and share your data. The following steps explain how to read your gas meter (imperial or metric) and convert this reading to kilowatt hours. One of the benefits of having a smart meter is that it sends us meter readings automatically, which means you dont have to submit them yourself. Calorific values vary and the figure quoted on your bill (eg 39.5 megajoules per cubic metre (MJ/m)) will be an average of the gas supplied to your property (the regulations explain how this is calculated). You can change your cookie settings at any time. Boiler on the blink? Copyright 2023 Apple Inc. All rights reserved. Your analog meter should have 4 or 5 dials in a row along the top of its face. The process takes less than a minute! Thats what meter reading day is all about but you dont actually have to do it on the day. - Submit meter readings for more accurate bills. Wed like to set additional cookies to understand how you use GOV.UK, remember your settings and improve government services. Nicky Ward. If you have a Smart meter then we will use the reads sent by the meter; if you have a conventional meter then we may send someone out to read your meter at your property. Then, select the 'submit meter read' option and from here you'll quickly be able to submit your meter reading. If you have a traditional meter, it suggests submitting your meter reading on the app or online. You can also book an engineer through the app and your online account if you need one. a bill or statement, Set up & And if you're a smart meter customer, you can set . Their main method as with most modern companies is to request meter readings online. Thats why we send email reminders to take meter readings every month, unless you have a smart meter were able to read automatically. Any products or services displayed on this webpage may only represent a portion of the options available to you. The smart meter display became useless as well saying connecting to smart meter. To read the meter: press either of the buttons on your meter. Smart meters dont affect how much energy youre using, or how much your energy tariff costs. If you don't do this, then yes it will show 0.00 (hardly inaccurate). If you would like to speak to a human, you can still call British Gas customer service directly and submit your meter readings over the phone. How often do British Gas ask for meter readings? Have a recent bill to hand to easily submit your energy meter reading. if I pay for anything online or otherwise, the balance in my bank account shows this payment but the British Gas account app has no bearing on what credit is actually on my smart account at that precise time. LearnMore. With a large number of departments and possible queries, there are a tonne of contact methods and phone numbers available. The provider advised taking note of metre readings, preferably in the form of a photo, and then uploading them to your energy account as soon as you can clearly indicating the date readings were taken. Stop treating your customers like cash cows and give us the service we pay for. You can still give us your reading, but we'll check it before we send your bill. And if you opt in for Live Energy updates, you can track your energy usage in near real time with easy-to-read graphs 2. 020 3992 7717. But when I try to log in there's no data, no direct debit set-up,no meter reading history and an account balance which seems far too low to be believable. Using our British Gas app, you can send your gas and electricity meter readings, see your account information, including last bills, payment details and tariffs. What is SmartThings Energy? How to read your gas meter and convert this reading to kilowatt hours. British Gas asked me for meter readings which I submitted. All conversion factors are prescribed in the Gas (Calculation of Thermal Energy) Regulations 1996 (SI 1996/439). Well send you a link to a feedback form. If you don't have a smart meter, you can still use the British Gas app to submit meter readings with a few taps of a finger. The developer provided this information and may update it over time. We always strive to provide the most up to date, correct and informative information in all of our webpages, but from time to time, you may spot an error or something you don't agree with. Another solution is to get a smart meter fitted for your business. You have rejected additional cookies. The app can only show you the cost of your energy if you enter your rates. If your latest bill is due, we'll use this reading to create your bill and we'll let you know once it's ready. There are some added steps, however, in the case that theres an error with the meter. The Company. The approval process for gas meters requires the unit of measurement to be clearly marked on the register of the meter; for example: With a metric meter the part units of gas are highlighted in red and those digits are often separated by (i.e. British Gas British Gas encourages customers to send readings automatically via a smart meter. bill, Energy bill Gas transporters are required to maintain this figure within 38 MJ/m to 41 MJ/m as figures outside of this range will cause problems with gas burning appliances. Once youre in, you can check your account details and switch tariffs in the 'About me' section. This app has been updated by Apple to display the AppleWatch app icon. Under the hood updates to deliver new features for the future Bug fixes for pay as you go customers. If you have a Smart meter but would still like to give us a meter reading you can submit them here. Re: British Gas Smart Meters - Part 1. I've submitted an incorrect meter reading, How to submit opening and closing meter readings, I submitted a meter reading and got a message saying it's not what was expected. Dont include personal or financial information like your National Insurance number or credit card details. The easiest way to pay your bill is to set up to pay by Direct Debit or to pay online After we got in touch, British Gas certainly started taking the matter more seriously, and an engineer was despatched to install a new meter. Can tattoo be removed permanently by laser? these uncertain times. Heres a list of the tasks that you can complete without having to talk to anyone on your online account: If youd like to access your British Gas online account you can click the button below or click here to find out more about your British Gas account. Gas business, Energy price This app connects you to your British Gas smart energy monitor and lets you check your energy use from anywhere . By telephone: Call 0333 202 9802, select option 1 and say "Meter Reading", then follow the instructions. write down the number from left to right. British Gas said customers who take meter readings on 30 September have until Friday 14 October to provide them. Sending us regular meter readings helps us to give you accurate bills. Give accurate, automatic meter readings . I have owned this app for over 9 years (since Jan 2010). Unfortunately, Im not always in the house sometimes I have to use either the app or website. Your bill will reflect any price changes which may happen. iPhone Screenshots. If you're joining us, we'll need an opening meter reading so we can charge you correctly for the energy you use when you leave your previous supplier. Multiply the m3 figure by a conversion factor of 1.02264, then by the calorific value. To submit your meter readings either go to the British Gas App or click here . How much does it cost to dismantle a pool table? It fits the bill. commercial properties, Log One complete revolution of the dial equates to the consumption of one cubic foot of gas. etc. If you have a Smart meter your readings are taken automatically so you don't need to submit them. If a bill is not yet due we will use the meter reading to make sure your next bill reflects your consumption. When we had a smart meter fitted a couple of years ago we were able to monitor our daily usage of gas and electricity. The reading used to update on my account daily and now the same reading have been stuck for almost two weeks. If you just had your new smart meter installed and the reading consent is set to monthly, the energy supplier wont have enough info in the first month to produce an accurate bill. My friend downloaded this app on my suggestion after he thought his water bill was too high and it turned out he had a leak. The readings can also be listed as Rate 1 and Rate 2, or Rate 1 and Rate 4. Submit a meter reading. To read the meter: press the display or display select button. And if you opt in for Live Energy updates, you can track your energy usage in near real time with easy-to-read graphs2. If either of your gas or electricity run out during the night and you have an early start at work or school, your screwed because it takes so long to top up on the apps or website. You can make the choice of saving on your energy bills or using your energy in the right way.This app will only work if you have a British Gas smart energy monitor. Energy Insight, Large business energy ignore any zeroes at the beginning and any numbers after the decimal point. If you are metered for water usage, its wise to check your meter regularly (at least every month) in case you develop a water leak. billing, There's something wrong with my Always remember anyone can post on the MSE forums, so it can be very different from our opinion. Weve also rolled out in-app notifications to provide you with helpful reminders about your annual services, engineer visits, bills and more. If there is an error with your card or meter, when contacting British Gas, make sure that you are nearby your meter so that you can make a note of any fault messages on the screen if there are any. Bit frustrating but otherwise the online top up process works. team can help. If the pointer is between two numbers, write down the lower number - if it's between 9 and 0, write down 9. To read the meter: Write down the first 5 numbers shown from left to right. out of your business premises? You can submit your final meter reading online. Data privacy and security practices may vary based on your use, region, and age. . Lets face it: paying a bill isn't fun. Constant issues trying to pay either with Google pay or via card. Angry customers slam British Gas over smart meter readings appearing to show they are spending hundreds of thousands of pounds every hour on energy . Moving forward in bringing you the best of both. Awful app and never gets better! We often link to other websites, but we can't be responsible for their content. Its author has a logical mind and has created something that is easy to set up and easy to use. Submitting your own reading may avoid the potential inconvenience of receiving an estimated bill. We like to make sure your bills are as accurate as possible so youre only ever getting billed for the energy youre really using. British Gas. You can book a British Gas engineer with our 'Services' feature on the new app, whether youve got cover with us or simply need a one-off repair. oil)- Uses the currency from your device's region setting, but you can override this per meter (e.g. Traditional meters are much more efficient and much less of a head ache! Ignore any other numbers. You live and learn. E.g. drainage, Manage my This must mean my monitor or smart metre are not functioning. You can do this through your online portal or by setting up a new account if you are moving into a new house. 0/10 don't recommend! Get in touch with British Gas with for any number of queries. - Book an annual boiler service*. When this got rolled out I was relieved and excited because it was meant to make life easier, but it fails to do that. Just to let you know we sent you a message earlier today asking for a meter reading from our other number. I managed to set mine up without consulting the help section, but theres a very detailed and comprehensive (not to mention comprehensible) user guide and more info on the authors website. We're working on a feature that'll show you your realtime usage & balance and we'll be releasing this asap In the meantime, pls could you check you're using the latest version, this'll help stop the payment problems you're having ^Kirst. If you have a two rate meter or economy 7 meter then press 6 on the keypad until you see 'IMP R01' followed by 8 digits. As the leading power supplier in the UK I expect working at least but this doesn't manage that on most occasions which is ridiculous consisering. In the Netherlands those smartmeters (electricity & gas)are going to be deployed nationwide (over a period of some 7 or 8 years I believe) starting next year. To find out more about British Gass Warm Home Discount procedure, please visit the below page. Bill Relief Scheme, Help with my online Reading your meter couldn't be easier, watch this simple video to find out how. And our app is here to help you. including design and maintenance to training. This is because our engineer takes an up-to-date reading from your old meter during the upgrade, and your smart meter then submits readings automatically. Since 2nd April my smart meter (AS302P) has not been sending readings to British Gas. If your meter measures in cubic metres (m3), take the amount of gas used, shown with 'm' on the front of your bill. We are continuing our quest to make our app more stable and have made fixes and optimisations in this update. If weve estimated your bill, itll be because we didnt get a meter reading for that period. I always select YES but it never gets saved. account, Submit Did you know that with a smart meter you may never have to submit a meter reading again! We use some essential cookies to make this website work. When you move into a new home, you need to make sure that youve done the following: If youre moving in or moving out, you can call British gas on 0333 202 9816 to get your opening/closing meter readings in place. 999, Log manage Direct Debits. The supplier can do some things remotely but if that doesn't work then an engineer visit will be required. Your meter should have 'G4' and 'GWi' printed on it. Our help and support pages can guide you through any process. all help topics, Larger business 21/10/2022 09:29. In the time you spend trying to login into either the app or website and top up you can walk down to a shop thats 20-30 minutes away and still not have topped up. Step 2. Our Connections and Metering team can help. In addition to the time saved compared to reading your meters manually, remote meter reading helps you eliminate misreading errors, time consuming follow-ups and estimated calculations. You'll need to enter your email address, account number and postcode. This info does not constitute financial advice, always do your own research on top to ensure it's right for your specific circumstances and remember we focus on rates not service. If we are not able to use your reading we will be in touch. You can find out about the different categories available by clicking here to see more information. He was spending an extra 30 a month on water than he needed due to a leak. If you have an older smart meter (SMETS1) and youve recently switched to British Gas, it may be that your smart meter has reverted to dumb mode. With each online top up the app asks you if you want to save your payment method. E.on and E.on Next - readings can be submitted for five days after 1 October . You'll need to log in to your online account first. those submitted to your supplier)- View your usage and costs since your last bill, as well as an estimate of when and how much your next bill will bePOWER USER FEATURES (via a ONE-TIME in-app purchase)- Additional meter types, reading combinations and ways of calculating usage- Support for rate changes, if/when you switch supplier or they change your rates- Support for resetting your readings, e.g.