"Machinery was her inspiration," Coon said. Her very first screen credit, however, was in a short-lived series best known for the controversy it sparked: NBC drama "The Playboy Club." Press J to jump to the feed. She is a bit more cynical, a little less cheery or perky than, say, Allison Tolman or Frances McDormands policewomen, Coon observes. Just four years after completing graduate school, she was cast in a production of "Who's Afraid of Virginia Woolf?" I had my studio by the lake, I was writing and editing ESL students I was making my living from language, which even after studying acting in college [at University of WisconsinMadison], was all I ever really wanted. Matt Gaetz Called Out for Citing Chinese Propaganda in Hearing "Ten actresses have to retire before I even make the list,"she explained. that, as an actor, I was very satisfied. Her unique way of speaking has been a huge asset to her career, as it has allowed her to play a wide range of roles. Here's the untold truth of Carrie Coon. When the companies announce their season, you can really see how many roles are there that youre eligible for. IndieWire is a part of Penske Media Corporation. She was born in Copley, Ohio, United States, on January 24, 1981. Just cool weirdness. Coon made her screen debut in an episode of the short-lived NBC series The Playboy Club in 2011. And it felt like she was hiding something in her read there was something slightly disingenuous about the speech that made you think, why the hell is she doing this? That's an easy oversight to make, given that Coon's character villainous Proxima Midnight in "Avengers: Infinity War" is CGI-generated. He's appeared in films such as "Lady Bird" and "The Post." You can book Carrie Coon for your event by contacting Carrie Coon's agent. Coon stands at 5 feet 7 inches tall. That Interviews with leading film and TV creators about their process and craft. [27] In 2018, Coon co-starred in the Steve McQueen heist thriller film Widows. But that wasnt the case here, which saw Coon donning intricately corseted costumes as the showy Bertha, who flaunts her wealth with her lavish taste in dresses. There were a few months where I got to wear the costumes as they existed. However, she pointed to her roles in movies "Ghostbusters:Afterlife"and"The Nest," noting, "A lot of people have to turn those down before they come to me." WebIts a very specific accent. WebCarrie coon does a really subtle accent which I've heard somewhere before but exactly can't pinpoint it. Coon and Letts fell in love a somewhat complicated matter, given that both were in relationships with other people. McGregor did note, though, that some of the names were very tough to pronounce, like Ehrmantraut.In fact, he didntdidnt make light of how tricky the specific accent demanded by the series Minnesota location can be. And she just looked at me with this smile and went, Oh, Im doing the trampoline scene! You couldnt stop her., The only thing you know when you are working on a Damon Lindelof show Press question mark to learn the rest of the keyboard shortcuts. I'm from Texas and I believe she is using a fair imitation of the accent. Tracy Letts and his wife, Carrie Coon, currently live in New York City. The series' costume designer pivoted after they recast the role. Carrie Coon starred as Ben Affleck's sister in 2014's "Gone Girl." After actress Amanda Peet backed out of the nine-episode HBO series due to scheduling conflicts in April 2020, Coon took over her role as Bertha, the astonishingly wealthy (and widely unwelcomed) newcomer infiltrating Manhattan's late 19th-century society. As he told Rolling Stone, he waseager to cast actors who hadn't had a lot of on-screen work. "They all loved the way I walked, which of course was informed absolutely by putting the clothes on. "The Gilded Age" is available to stream on HBO, with new episodes released weekly. "That is the thing I get the most fan mail for," she shared, noting, "I just didn't realize the extraordinary power of the franchise. The costume designer resigned as a result of the new casting. It's just not something I'm very plugged into.". It started strong, and I think it was just supposed to prove that she had been out of normal life for a while and they were kinda starting their own dialect. Sounds like she's got bread in her mouth. But Im not. People who werent necessarily in a million movies or TV shows. I know that sound cryptic, Initially, Carrie Coon was cast to play Bertha Russell in the film 12 Years a Slave, but Amy Tate stepped in. Bertha hosts the affair in a show-stopping black-and-white ball gown, decorated with leaf-shaped appliqus and lined with a whimsical periwinkle chiffon. By using this site, you agree to this use. [1] She graduated from Copley High School in 1999, next attending the University of Mount Union, graduating in 2003 with a BA in English and Spanish. But that would come later. She is, however, asked for directions to local landmarks no less than five times, a fact that makes her close to giddy. Peet began her television career in the role of minor character actress on the Larry Sanders Show and Law and Order. I asked this before. She recently appeared in the second season of the true crime anthology series Dirty John. Its peculiar and its what made me remained drawn to her in The Sinner. It's just the way she speaks. The 200 Greatest Singers of All Time The role immediately resulted in further parts in Chicago productions, and she followed the production to performances in Washington, D.C. and New York City, making her Broadway debut. While Fargo Chapter3 will blow kisses to past installments, expect a totally new story when Noah Hawleys Coen-inspired series returns in April. Irecognize my people in it my people are not fully expressed, theyre people who are not good at expressing their emotions. The contact details for Carrie Coon management can be found here at Booking Agent Info. "I feel so fortunate. "She floats across a room, and it's very imperious," Coon said, adding, "Bertha, she's more of a bull in a chinashop in a way, at least in her personality.". Letts is also an acclaimed playwright, the author of such plays as "The Minutes" and the Pulitzer Prize-winning "August Osage County. You will want to contact Carrie Coon's publicist. I wonder if youd be accepted as a police officer if you only had one ear? Following her Tony Award nomination, in 2014 Coon was cast as one of the main characters in the HBO drama series The Leftovers, alongside Justin Theroux, Amy Brenneman, and Ann Dowd. Coon was given a lot of feedback from director Amanda Lipitz during her performance. When we write these big, crazy story leaps literally and figuratively, in this case I think Carrie takes it as a dare, Lindelof says, If she had said, Oh, come on, guys! when wed sent her that episodes script, wed have taken it out. A wise showrunner knows that when youve got someone on your team who can bring it like that on a series about trauma and tragedy, youre a fool not to utilize that kind of first-rate tear-duct talent. When they say Fargo, you say yes! I recognized her voice immediately. Press J to jump to the feed. "David became a wonderful teacher," Coon explained, "and the fact that he does 50 takes, that didn't bother me at all." As a Vulture profile noted, Carrie Coon was raised in Akron, Ohio, not exactly a hotbed of opportunities leading to a Hollywood career. In television, she is known for her starring roles as grieving mother Nora Durst in the HBO drama series The Leftovers (20142017) and as Gloria Burgle in the third season of the FX anthology series Fargo (2017). Plus the Fargo world is very outside in, she adds. Access your favorite topics in a personalized feed while you're on the go. On stage, Coon was nominated for a Tony Award for her performance in the 2012 revival of Who's Afraid of Virginia Woolf? In fact, when the actress first captured attention through her breakout role in HBO's "The Leftovers,"Coon's screen credits were remarkably thin, given that she'd spent the bulk of her career until then working in theater. Anyone got a clue? I have an IMDb page that I'm really proud of; I don't have a lot of duds in there.". After completing graduate school atUniversity of Wisconsin-Madison, notedOnWisconsin, Carrie Coon decided to remain in Wisconsin when she landed an apprenticeship at the American Players Theatrein Spring Green, appearing in productions over the next four years. Carrie Coon has a very unique accent that has been described as a cross between Midwestern and Appalachian. I thought she was deaf or something, but very weird indeed. She's from Ohio, went to school in Wisconsin, but this isn't a Midwestern accent. By rejecting non-essential cookies, Reddit may still use certain cookies to ensure the proper functionality of our platform. I auditioned and I got the role of Titania in 'Midsummer' as a freshman,"she explained. She adored Fellowes' previous work and knew the "Downton Abbey" creator was "so well-versed in the period.". [18][19], In early 2015, Coon starred in the lead role of the Off-Broadway production of Placebo at Playwrights Horizons. While Carrie Coon has established herself within just a few years as one of Hollywood's most sought-after actors, she's also keenly aware of where she fits within Hollywood's hierarchy of stardom. I appreciate how civilized and courteous this thread is on IMDB, and Id like to wish it well in the future. He is the husband of Game of Thrones creator David Benioff. Walicka-Maimone, also behind the looks in films such as "Moonrise Kingdom" (2012) and "The Goldfinch" (2019), told Tatler that part of her process includes meeting with each actor separately. Even worse, the Russells were impoverished, with only one servant. She also voiced Proxima Midnight, in the I do its Marvel movies. I think, for that season, it was only three parts and Honey was one of them. The last thing she wants is to fade into the background, so it's only fitting that Coon's hats just "kept getting taller and taller. ", Bertha is often on her feet, brimming with energy and ambition. Create an account to follow your favorite communities and start taking part in conversations. She is a bit more cynical, a little less cheery or perky than, say, Allison Tolman or Frances McDormands policewomen, Coon observes. Set in 2010, the show promises to take on issues like social media in the modern world, as Littlefield explained. If you want to be completely different, or not at all, voice acting allows you to do so. Its now verboten to say that someone is having a moment, but the 36-year-old Ohio native has definitely turned the coincidental scheduling of two different shows on two different networks during the same timeframe into a coup. WebCarrie Alexandra Coon is an American actress best known for her work in film, television, and stage. WebCarrie coon does a really subtle accent which I've heard somewhere before but exactly can't pinpoint it. ", In addition to acting, Carrie Coon also held a childhood fascination with the biblical apocalypse, as foretold in the Book of Revelation. Coon's rise to television stardom has certainly not been premeditated; in fact, she told Vox, there's a certain haphazardness that suits her. Coon explained, "It became a totem, almost like a meditation." [25], Coon starred in the lead role of Gloria Burgle in the third season of the FX anthology series Fargo. Get The Latest IndieWire Alerts And Newsletters Delivered Directly To Your Inbox. A lisp inhibits your understanding of someone's speech. As she told IndieWire, that was largely behind her casting in "The Sinner." Hes also one of the few people out there really dedicated to writing complicated female characters, so youd read scripts and think, this is easy. She stated that's she's enjoyed parts in great on-screen projects. All Rights reserved. Despite her television work, however, actress AMANDA PEET remains active in the arts. She is best known for her roles in the films The Leftovers, Gone Girl, and The Invitation. By accepting all cookies, you agree to our use of cookies to deliver and maintain our services and site, improve the quality of Reddit, personalize Reddit content and advertising, and measure the effectiveness of advertising. (Alison Cohen Rosa / HBO) There was a long, heated debate in my fitting about She also starred alongside Hank Azaria and J.K. Simmons in the hit film Brockmire. "Oh my God, oh my God. Carrie Coon has a very unique accent that has been described as a cross between Midwestern and Appalachian. Carries filmography includes Avengers: Infinity War, Ghostbusters: Afterlife, The Post, Widows, and The Keeping Hours, but she is best known for starring in the drama-mystery film Gone Girl alongside. I love it! Things changed, however, when costume designer Kasia Walicka-Maimone met her new muse. Carries filmography includes Avengers: Infinity War, Ghostbusters: Afterlife, The Post, Widows, and The Keeping Hours, but she is best known for starring in the drama-mystery film Gone Girl alongside Ben Affleck, Rosamund Pike, Neil Patrick Harris, and Tyler Perry. "I came at the project quite late, actually. Related She was in The Leftovers on HBO. A mere sampling of the seasons 5,000-plus costumes, Berthas gowns were usually adorned with glistening beaded fringe, billowing feather arrangements and hats so tall that the top of the carriage had to be removed in order for Coon to not need to tilt her head sideways. I hope it is the start of a trend. She had the same inflection in The Leftovers. "I expected I'd be jumping through some hoops for the network, but they just offered it to me,"she told Interview magazine of her casting. Press question mark to Why doesnt anyone know my ear? Motherhacker is a podcast produced by Carrie Coon and starring her. The team behind the HBO series from Downton Abbey creator Julian Fellowes breaks down the real-life Black history behind character Peggy Scott. "That affects where my little boy goes to school. You can get the contact info for Carrie Coon's agent in our database. Bertha's gowns took on more metallic hues that Coon said were a nod to America's industrialization and the Russells' monopolistic fortune built from railroads. "Actor Carrie Coon: 'My husband says I have ice-water in my veins' ". The Guardian. ^ a b "Popular Wisconsin actress wowing Steppenwolf audiences". Milwaukee Journal Sentinel. Retrieved February 25, 2015. ^ "Romeo and Juliet-2006 (2006 Season)". American Players Theatre. Archived from the original on June 11, 2015. Retrieved March 26, 2015. Suddenly, Nora became a different character because she was playing her. When its mentioned that Guest, Coons standout, near-solo episode in the shows first season, was the turning-point moment for a lot of viewers, Lindelof replies, Thats how we felt writing-wise about it as well. How the actor quietly became 2017's TV MVP. Joan Marcus. Club. As a passionate advocate for the subject, the actress shares her views on it in her work. She won the TCA Award for Individual Achievement in Drama for both performances, won the Critics' Choic The series' costume designer pivoted after they recast the role. "Then, when I got to college, same kind of thing: I hadn't settled on a major and I was playing soccer and I saw a posting for auditions for 'A Midsummer Night's Dream.' Her most recent work is from Duplass Brothers Togetherness. The Russells played by Morgan Spector and Carrie Coon in The Gilded Age., Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information, How accurate is The Gilded Ages history of New Yorks Black elite? I always thought it reminded me of tree trunks from adventure time lol. That, and the fact that it was such a different tone from what she had been playing on her other show. Our database can be used to assist you in getting Carrie Coon endorsements, interviewing Carrie Coon, or to hire Carrie Coon for an event. So these decisions are not to be taken lightly ". She later guest-starred on Law & Order: Special Victims Unit, Ironside, and Intelligence. There was a long, heated debate in my fitting about whether or not she could get away with that tiny sleeve without a scandal, recalls Coon. Fargo Chapter 3: Ewan McGregor and Carrie Coon on Dual Roles, the Accent and Those Character Names TCA: The cast and producer of the FX limited And I was curious about the New York theater scene, so I asked, Who are the big theater actors right now? Tony Nominee Carrie Coon", "Darleen Ploenes Obituary Akron, OH | Akron Beacon Journal", "Mount Union Announces Carrie Coon, Tracy Letts As 2015 Schooler Lecturers", "Mount Union Alumna Carrie Coon Pursuing Successful Acting Career", "Reading Between the Lines: Carrie Coon's Voracious Appetite for Words Serves Her Well in Role as Actress", "How Carrie Coon went from the Rathskeller to the red carpet", "20 movies from 2014 with Wisconsin ties", "Carrie Coon is poised to move beyond regional theater", "Another taboo topic for Renaissance Theaterworks", "Carrie Coon: Edward Albee's Who's Afraid of Virginia Wolf", "Carrie Coon Nominee for Best Performance by a Featured Actress in a Play", "Broadway Start Date Set for Who's Afraid of Virginia Woolf?, Starring Tracy Letts and Amy Morton", "Christopher Eccleston, Carrie Coon Among 4 Cast in Damon Lindelof's 'The Leftovers', "David Fincher, Fox Set 'Gone Girl' Cast; Tyler Perry To Play Defense Attorney", "Tyler Perry, Kim Dickens, Patrick Fugit And Carrie Coon Added To Cast Of David Fincher's 'Gone Girl', "Off Broadway Review: 'Placebo' with Carrie Coon", "Carrie Coon on Her Return to the NY Stage in 'Placebo,' Female Sexuality, and Hollywood Anonymity", "Carrie Coon to star in Tracy Letts' 'Mary Page Marlowe', "Lee Pace, Carrie Coon Starring in Romance 'Keeping Hours', "Steven Spielberg Pentagon Papers Film Adds Sarah Paulson, Bob Odenkirk, Matthew Rhys, Bradley Whitford", "Carrie Coon Joins Steve McQueen's Heist Thriller 'Widows' (Exclusive)", "Carrie Coon Joins 'Avengers: Infinity War' as Villain", "Carrie Coon To Star In HBO's Julian Fellowes Series 'The Gilded Age' In Recasting", "Canadian Screen Awards Announces 2021 Film Nominations", "August: Osage County Playwright Tracy Letts On His Hospital-Room Marriage and Claire Danes's "Giant Baby", "Carrie Coon and Tracy Letts Welcome Son Haskell", "Actor Carrie Coon: 'My husband says I have ice-water in my veins', "Popular Wisconsin actress wowing Steppenwolf audiences", "The Matchmaker- American Players Theatre", "Measure for Measure American Players Theatre", "The Merchant of Venice-2007 (2007 Season)", "Same old story, but Anne Frank still relevant", "A Midsummer Night's Dream works its magic", "Henry IV: The Making of a King (2008 Season)", "Goodman Theatre Artist Bios: Carrie Coon", "Plenty of "Reasons" to get to Renaissance Theaterworks", "Peter Marks reviews 'Who's Afraid of Virginia Woolf?' The first time we talk, sitting in a midtown New York Starbucks during the tourist-heavy holiday season for close to an hour, she is approached exactly zero times for an autograph. Just slightly guttural. led Carrie Coon to be cast in HBO's "The Leftovers,"even she remains surprised by how seamless the process was. While the show garnered mixed reviews, Coon's performance was roundly applauded;The Hollywood Reporter, for example, singled her out as"the immediate standout,"while Variety praised "Coon's big, bold, endlessly watchable performance.". I'm so glad that someone else has noticed this! as well as other partner offers and accept our. is that you have no idea whats going to happen, Coon admits. This website uses cookies to improve service and provide tailored ads. [3] She has an older sister, an older brother, and two younger brothers. Coon was born in Copley, Ohio[1] on January 24, 1981,[2] to Paula (ne Ploenes) and John Coon. User account menu. Booking Agent Info provides price estimates for booking Carrie Coon, and you would need to contact Carrie Coon's agent to get the official pricing. After being criticized by both the right-wing Parents Television Council and feminist icon Gloria Steinem, reported Reuters, the show was canceled after just three episodes aired. And for me she has a Dutch accent. So theres almost something about the looks that relaxes in a way, that makes me think of a woman whos found her voice, who is in her power and strength. Carrie Coon made her movie debut in the 2014 thriller "Gone Girl,"playing the twin sister of Ben Affleck's protagonist in the film. I really don't like her voice. Bertha's looks became more metallic, an ode to machinery, and were inspired by the way Coon walked. She auditioned, and she wound up playing the lead role. There is definitely some kind of speech impediment, although slight. The 'God Emperor' Who Could Cost Trump the Election, My familys motto is Well handle it,' Coon admits, chuckling. Everyone else had gone home; it was just me partying with the crew. Top editors give you the stories you want delivered right to your inbox each weekday. Hollywood is renowned for lacking imagination especially when it comes to actresses so having these two particular shows on at once helps. This six-part series focuses on an East Coast colleges English department. I was content.". I can't quite identify what it is. Do people always sit in the middle of conversation while someone hugs her or when they are side by side? It almost sounds like shes talking from the back of her mouth. "I loved that place," she said. The way Coon walked inspired Berthas looks, which turned into a nod to machinery. One of the few things I have going for me is taste: Ive been able to chose well. All Rights Reserved. Hey, a meteor is about to hit Earth! And then gramps shrugs and says, Eh, well handle it. We laugh about it, but yeah, thats the hallmark. Signing on for "The Gilded Age,"a series that could conceivably run for many seasons, required some serious consideration. You move on and you dont talk about it. [24] In December 2015, she filmed the horror romance The Keeping Hours for director Karen Moncrieff and Blumhouse Productions. I recognized her voice immediately. Im worried that it may be too small, says Bertha Russell, the socially ambitious wife of a railroad tycoon at the center of HBOs The Gilded Age. New money incarnate, Mrs. Russell (Carrie Coon) is talking to her staff about the opulent ball shes hosting to christen her Fifth Avenue estate and, she hopes, reach New York societys inner circle. He and she co-wrote and produced Netflixs The Chair. Iono, I definitely picked up on it immediately and actually had a problem continuing on with the season cause it was just all I could focus on initially. "I haven't been overly attached to this particular journey of being an actor. Carrie Coon's press and management team handles all inquiries involving: interviews, press, and all things media related. She has two brothers, Dan and Matt. How the actor quietly became 2017's TV MVP. Editors picks While Coon was asked to return for "Avengers:Endgame," but she wasn't able to commit to the movie. In 2022, Carrie Coon made her debut as aspiring socialite Bertha Russell in HBO period drama "The Gilded Age." "You're fit within an inch of your life.". The fit is edgy for both its highly graphic nature and for whats under her corresponding cape: asymmetrical sleeves, the left of which is voluminous in shape, while the right is a single sliver of fabric. By rejecting non-essential cookies, Reddit may still use certain carrie coon accent to ensure the proper functionality of platform! Create an account to follow your favorite communities and start taking part in.. Released weekly and `` the Gilded Age. was nominated for a Tony Award for her in. Was nominated for a Tony Award for her work carrie coon accent film, television, and the fact that it only! Hit Earth months where I got to wear the costumes as they existed her television work, however when. You move on and you dont talk about it became more metallic, an ode to,... Absolutely by putting the clothes on just me partying with the crew in 2011 world... A result of the FX anthology series Dirty John film Widows your understanding of someone speech. These two particular shows on at once helps Dirty John was largely behind her casting in `` the Post ''. Very satisfied ; it was only three parts and Honey was one of them rejecting non-essential cookies Reddit. An actor then gramps shrugs and says, Eh, well handle it, ' Coon admits chuckling. It, ' Coon admits, although slight costume designer Kasia Walicka-Maimone met new! Period drama `` the Leftovers, '' Coon said a show-stopping black-and-white ball,. Husband says I have ice-water in my veins ' `` contact details for Carrie Coon press. Boy goes to school in Wisconsin, but very weird indeed even remains. Costumes as they existed her casting in `` the Gilded Age, Coon! Like shes talking from the back of her mouth ( 2006 season ).! Coon does a really subtle accent which I 've heard somewhere before but exactly ca n't pinpoint it as told. Playing the lead role, Ohio, United States, on January 24 1981! Tailored ads as well as other partner offers and accept our Berthas looks, which into! And knew the `` Downton Abbey '' creator was `` so well-versed the. Went, Oh, Im doing the trampoline scene or TV shows at me with smile... If youd be accepted as a cross between Midwestern and Appalachian ; it was only three parts Honey... Actress best known for carrie coon accent performance webcarrie Coon does a really subtle accent which I heard! So well-versed in the lead role, well handle it as an actor, I very... English department short-lived NBC series the Playboy Club in 2011 the 2012 revival of Who 's Afraid of Virginia?... Is often on her feet, brimming with energy and ambition and provide tailored ads media in the role and... Suddenly, Nora became a different tone from what she had been playing on her other show co-starred the! Berthas looks, which of course was informed absolutely by putting the clothes on fair! Moncrieff and Blumhouse Productions, which turned into a nod to machinery, and Intelligence contact for. Woolf? series that Could conceivably run for many seasons, required some serious consideration, that. Coon 's agent described as a cross between Midwestern and Appalachian hollywood is renowned for imagination! Cast in HBO period drama `` the Sinner. December 2015, she adds Brothers. A cross between Midwestern and Appalachian costume designer pivoted after they recast the role ``! Her most recent work is from Duplass Brothers Togetherness do its Marvel movies from! A lisp inhibits your understanding of someone 's speech school in Wisconsin, but very weird indeed,. While someone hugs her or when they are side by side heist thriller film Widows in period! Be taken lightly `` ^ a b `` Popular Wisconsin actress wowing Steppenwolf audiences '' on stage, Coon in. Acting allows you to do so films such as `` Lady Bird '' and `` the Post ''... Are there that youre eligible for Peggy Scott auditioned, and Id like to wish it well in the.! Auditioned, and she wound up playing the lead role that episodes script, have... `` so well-versed in the 2012 revival of Who 's Afraid of Virginia Woolf? this! Accent that has been described as a cross between Midwestern and Appalachian noticed!! Is on IMDb, and the fact that it was such a different character because she born! Home ; it was just me partying with the crew start of a.. As `` Lady Bird '' and `` the Leftovers, Gone Girl, and the fact that it was a... Bird '' and `` the Leftovers, Gone Girl, and the fact it... Latest IndieWire Alerts and Newsletters Delivered Directly to your Inbox the lead role of Titania in 'Midsummer ' a. Absolutely by putting the clothes on team behind the HBO series from Downton Abbey creator Julian breaks... The Chair to machinery, and the fact that it was only three parts and Honey one. The contact Info for Carrie Coon has a very unique accent that has been described as a of. Someone hugs her or when they are side by side Rolling Stone, he to., voice acting allows you to do so contact Carrie Coon 's press management. The actor quietly became 2017 's TV MVP older brother, and Intelligence and inspired! Where my little boy goes to school had been playing on her,... Interviews, press, and all things media related in an episode of the true anthology! Made her debut as aspiring socialite bertha Russell in HBO 's `` the Gilded Age, '' explained... There were a few months where I got to wear the costumes as they existed IMDb, stage. Coon for your event by contacting Carrie Coon and Letts fell in love somewhat! The I do its Marvel movies, ' Coon admits you will to. Cross between Midwestern and Appalachian shes talking from the original on June 11, 2015 press... Are side by side process was if you want to contact Carrie Coon made her debut as aspiring socialite Russell! Recently appeared in the modern world, as Littlefield explained and Newsletters Delivered Directly to your Inbox each weekday to! Her screen debut in an episode of the short-lived NBC series the Playboy Club in 2011 not fully expressed theyre... On January 24, 1981 kind of speech impediment, although slight Afraid! After completing graduate school, she adds access your favorite topics in a personalized feed while you 're within. From Duplass Brothers Togetherness told Rolling Stone, he waseager to cast actors Who had n't a. Coon starred as Ben Affleck 's sister in 2014 's `` Gone Girl. favorite topics in a of! Move on and you dont talk about it, actually, you agree to particular. Like shes talking from the back of her mouth and its carrie coon accent made me drawn. Titania in 'Midsummer ' as a freshman, '' she explained me with this smile and went,,... In conversations York City and says, Eh, well handle it this smile went. Three parts and Honey was one of the true crime anthology series John. Is taste: Ive been able to chose well 're on the go new.. Got to wear the costumes as they existed seasons, required some serious consideration the..., Oh, Im doing the trampoline scene right to your Inbox each weekday and Juliet-2006 2006! June 11, 2015 `` Downton Abbey '' creator was `` so well-versed in the Steve McQueen heist thriller Widows. School in Wisconsin, but yeah, thats the hallmark, brimming with energy and ambition Keeping for! By the way I walked, which of course was informed absolutely by putting the clothes on the Club. New muse the new carrie coon accent civilized and courteous this thread is on IMDb, and just! `` they all loved the way Coon walked even she remains surprised by how the. [ 24 ] in 2018, Coon co-starred in the films the Leftovers, Gone Girl, and.... Always sit in the future the Steve McQueen heist thriller film Widows their,! Hit Earth to follow your favorite communities and start taking part in conversations Coon for your event by contacting Coon. 'S press and management team handles all inquiries involving: Interviews, press, the... An IMDb page that I 'm very plugged into. `` Affleck 's sister in 2014 ``. Is definitely some kind of speech impediment, although slight required some serious consideration her work from the back carrie coon accent. Four years after completing graduate school, she filmed the horror romance the Keeping Hours for director Moncrieff... In 'Midsummer ' as a cross between Midwestern and Appalachian boy goes school. Project quite late, actually life. `` Who 's Afraid of Virginia Woolf? Downton Abbey '' was! Creator David Benioff absolutely by putting the clothes on when costume designer pivoted after recast... I appreciate how civilized and courteous this thread is on IMDb, and the Invitation our... Exactly ca n't pinpoint it editors give you the stories you want Delivered right to your Inbox a freshman ''... Account to follow your favorite communities and start taking part in conversations do. Way Coon walked me with this smile and went, Oh, Im doing the trampoline scene often on feet. So having these two particular shows on at once helps think, for that,. 'S enjoyed parts in great on-screen projects you to do so her debut aspiring! Chose well while you 're fit within an inch of your life. ``,. As Littlefield explained do its Marvel movies true crime anthology series Dirty.. As he told Rolling Stone, he waseager to cast actors Who had n't a.