Our guidelines are designed to encourage athletes to make better choices on and off the field that will ensure year- round participation. cpratt@ccisd.net 6. Over the last two seasons these young men never lost a game. Round Rock, 7PM - NFHS | 5A Area Boys Basketball: Pflugerville Connally vs. Belton, 7PM - NFHS | 6A Area Boys Basketball: Stony Point vs. Steele, 7PM - NFHS | 6A Area Boys Basketball: Buda Johnson vs. New Braunfels, 8PM - NFHS | 3A Girls Basketball, Reg. IV Semifinal: Aquilla vs. DHanis, 6PM - NFHS | 1A Girls Basketball, Reg. COPPERAS COVE, Texas Copperas Cove Independent School District announced its new athletic director and head football coach Monday night via email news release. Lowery brings a winning record to her new position as the twelfth winningest coach in Texas high school volleyball history. Deelynn is one of several pioneering women with CCISD Athletics. If a situation should arise in which an athlete needs to travel home with a parent, prior arrangements must be made with the appropriate coach at least one day before the game, along with a signed form from the principal and parent. IV Semifinal: Neches vs. Rocksprings, VYPE DFW 2022 Preseason Public School Softball Player of the Year Fan Poll presented Sun & Ski Sports, VYPE DFW Private School Marching Band of the Year Fan Poll presented by Academy Sports + Outdoors, VYPEU: Photo Gallery Creek win vs Spring Woods, VYPE Houston Friday Night Lights Scoreboard (9.3.21): Atascocita ends Allen's 122-game home winning streak, Full Scoreboard. Quitting is discouraged by all coaches. Shaye Carpenter is the latest. The Eagles lost in the first round of the postseason to New Caney. It is also to be stressed that participation in our athletic program is a PRIVILEGE, not a right. lcapetillo-reeves@ccisd.net, D'Odric Sykes 2022: 25-7 (District 18-6A Co-Champions/Area Round Finalist). A graduate of Stephen F. Austin University, Killingsworth was a three-year starter at point guard for the Ladyjack basketball team, starting a total of 80 games. Take all clothing home. To have young girls come to me and tell me 'oh man, you're being a boss! Chelsey Pratt My mother always told me to work hard every single day and give your best, and thats what I did.. Fuchs was first on the list in that regard. I want to do what you do,' and to see that example, to see that role model. Coaches will review all athletes medical forms. Before she became assistant athletic director in 2006, Fuchs was also the Clear Creek girls golf coach in addition to serving as an assistant to Whitley. "This is a great opportunity get our kids back on campus. Be proud of your dressing area and keep it tidy. (281) 284-2845 Copperas Cove High School Lady Dawg volleyball coach, Cari Lowery, was promoted to CCISD Athletic Director and is one of only 30 female athletic directors in Thank you Photo Texas Photographyfor the much appreciated support for CCISD schools! The Twofford-ezeji@ccisd.net, Delaney Osborne We encourage our athletes to visit other campuses and especially their feeder high school to support their fellow athletes and observe high school standards.If an athlete quits their chosen sport, their pass must be returned. rrowland@ccisd.net The athlete should talk to his/her coach to see if a solution can be reached without having to quit. Box 110 Corpus Christi, Texas 78403-0110: County: Nueces: Phone: 361.695.7200: Fax: 361.886.9282: Year Established: 1909: Superintendent: All other guests will need to purchase a ticket via the GoFan. She was a two-time all-state selection at Longview High School and a Street and Smith honorable mention all-American. More than 40 of her players have returned to the court as high school and junior high volleyball coaches. Copyright 2022 KWTX. He has been able to leave here and have a successful career on the field and on the sideline as a coach.. Athlete and parent/guardian meet with his/her Athletic Director (Brenda Marshall). On June 30, one of the most tireless and dependable employees of the Clear Creek Independent School District will bid adieu to a profession she has served for almost 40 years. If you do not have a photo/video to submit, just click "OK" to skip that prompt. *Individuals over 60 who reside in the District and have applied for and been issued a Gold Card, Samantha Balderaz Coach Grainne Meninzor at 878-4240 ext 32945 (grainne.meninzor@ccisd.us). WebMailing Address: P.O. INSIDE PITCH: VYPE Baseball Rankings, No. My girls (athletic staff) are trying to hire me out as the hospitality manager, Fuchs joked. Copperas Cove High Schools new head football coach is Tony Johnson who most recently served as a high school athletic director in Dallas ISD. Killingsworth has a career basketball coaching record of 270-163, and guided Clear Lake and Friendswood basketball teams to the playoffs 10 of her 14 years as a head coach. Copperas Cove ISD announces new athletic director and new head football coach, Texas superintendent resigns after student finds his gun in school bathroom, Robinson man with prior DWI, intoxication manslaughter convictions allegedly caught driving drunk, Lorena, Ellison advance to regional semifinals, Baylors Andrews, Littlepage-Buggs shine in win over No. Golfing will be a big part of my retirement, and maybe Ill volunteer and do some good things for our community.. HS Girl's Sports. Put your name and contact information below so we can get in touch with you about your story should we have questions or need more information. There are opportunities within the season to move teams due to unforeseen circumstances. . James is currently the QB coach of Duncanville High School. The athletic program at Haas Middle School is an integral part of the total school experience for both boys and girls. Craig Dailey is in full beast mode. My health is really strong. Theres nothing I like better than teaching kids to be better on the field, on the court and as people, making them be the best they can be.. Killingsworth, whose hiring was unanimously approved by the CCISD Board of Trustees Monday night, replaces Debbie Fuchs, who is retiring after a 33-year career with CCISD. When I was given the opportunity to be Peggy Whitleys varsity (girls basketball) assistant, I jumped at the opportunity. One of the biggest challenges was getting a new stadium ready for its first football season and hiring the proper people to work the stadium. Online Ticket Purchase System. Bands, cheerleaders, drill teams and ROTC from non-CCISD schools will not perform this season at Buc or Cabaniss. Laura Jones Texas Citizens Bank is a Houston community bank dedicated to concierge banking for owner-managed businesses. Box 692003 Twitter: Retirees, senior citizen, all function passes, THSCA, TGCA, sub varsity players pass and volleyball players pass only grant admission if seating is available. Folding chairs and portable seats will only be allowed on grass or cement and not on the track surface. The school is not responsible for misplaced, lost, stolen or damaged personal property or textbooks. Ticket booths will be open 6-8 p.m. and each booth will have names of approved purchasers provided by coaches and sponsors. Sage Mize 281-284-2166 No pep bands will perform at volleyball or basketball games during the 2020 season. In Class 6A Region II, Cypress Ranch faces Cedar Hill, while the young Cy Springs takes on the big, bad DeSoto. Don't sleep on the Clear Creek Wildcats. However, no student is obligated to take part in athletics, nor is participation in athletics required. SC Lee JH. This includes all types of jewelry, earrings and/or bracelets. Deelynn Torres and Shaye Carpenter are barrier breakers in the community. Hes the right age to serve both.. Regular Hours Monday - Thursday: 7:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. Fridays: 7:30 a.m. - 4:00 p.m. P.O. . I didn't even know much about soccer until 1980, when my son came home with a football flyer and a soccer flyer. The program offers a wide array of sports for boys and girls in grades 7-12. It is the mission of Clear Creek ISD Athletics to promote and provide opportunities for each student athlete to develop into a productive citizen through work ethic, discipline and competition. Fuchs was always equipped to sprint up or down stadium steps, often with a cell phone-glued to her ear. New Teacher Induction & Mentoring Program, Cypress-Fairbanks Independent School District, Swimming and Diving - Championship Information, Blackboard Web Community Manager Privacy Policy (Updated), High School Sports: Baseball, Football, Tennis, and Wrestling, Program supervision for the following Middle Schools: Anthony, Goodson, Hopper, Salyards, Smith, and Spillane, High School Sports: Girls Basketball, Girls Golf, Softball, Swimming & Diving, Water Polo, Girls Track & Field, Volleyball, Program supervision for the following Middle Schools:Aragon, Kahla, Labay, Thornton, Truitt, and Watkins, High School Sports: Boys Basketball, Cross Country, Boys Golf, Soccer, Boys Track & Field, Program supervision for the following Middle Schools: Arnold, Bleyl, Campbell, Cook, Dean, and Hamilton. WebCCISD District > Directory > Staff About Us Contact Us Location Required Notices Notice to Persons with Disabilities Administration 801 Leopard St. Corpus Christi, Texas 78401 To change this setting: The SC Lee 8th grade A Football team becomes back to back undefeated champ. Reading is the first step along your childs exciting learning journey in Clear Creek ISD. The Chargers have reached the postseason every season under Dailey and have reached the third round once. The program offers a wide array of sports for boys and girls in grades 7-12. Copperas Cove High School Lady Dawg volleyball coach, Cari Lowery, was promoted to CCISD Athletic Director and is one of only 30 female athletic directors in Texas 1,032 school districts. CCISD employees gain one free entrance into CCISD athletic events. In partnership with the NFHS Network, CCISD will livestream every varsity football game played in Challenger Columbia Stadium and Veterans Memorial Stadium this season. 361-878-7300 x21640. 281-284-1765 Coaches will discuss individual medical issues with the athlete and/or parent/guardian. There were 21 students in my graduating class at Thrall, and then I come to this big Clear Creek ISD district, Fuchs said. sbalderaz@ccisd.net Athletic Hall of Honor Chairman Dr. Lynn Davis and CCISD Director of Athletics Debbie Fuchs thanked the group for their contributions to CCISD and supporting the Athletic Hall of Honor. Supportlocal coverage like this by checking out our subscription options and special offers at Caller.com/subscribe, Your California Privacy Rights / Privacy Policy. Cassie Thiessen This allows free admission to all CCISD games. A Houston Chronicle reporter and photographer joined the Northeastern Trail Riders Association to document the highlights and challenges of life on the trail during the group's 108-mile journey to the 2023 Houston Kirby Killingsworth hired as Clear Creek ISD athletic director, Black trail riders head to Houston rodeo parade after grueling, joyful 6-day journey, In Fertitta's members-only club, where photos, media are banned, Yainer Diaz becomes first Astros hitter to violate new MLB rules, Here's what Houston school districts are doing to retain teachers, Opinion: 'Dilbert' readers can discern the wheat from the chaff, Popular breakfast taco spot in Houston announces a comeback, Final sale: Multiple Tuesday Morning stores in Houston closing, Inside look: Historic Houston home hits the market for $2.4M, 750-home agrihood with farm, car-free zones breaks ground, Why DPS waited to tell Texans their drivers licenses were hacked, 5 things we learned from Astros book 'Winning Fixes Everything', Creole Fest, art show coming up in north Houston suburbs, Memorial Villages Police Department weekly report. dmosley@ccisd.net If a students behavior is not up to expectations in the classroom, (tardiness, horseplay, excessive talking, persistent misbehavior) classroom teachers will contact your coach immediately.