Fortunately, Microsoft was fairly quick in releasing a hotfix for the issue and made it available for everyone via WU (Windows Update). Make sure that the main service of OneDrive is running. thank you so much this fixed our problem, You will be able to leave a comment after signing in, Copyright Bohemia Interactive a.s. Bohemia Interactive is a registered trademark of Bohemia Interactive a.s. All rights reserved. If the same Error 0x8007016A: The Cloud File provideris still occurring, move down to the final method below. Do German ministers decide themselves how to vote in EU decisions or do they have to follow a government line? Several affected users have managed to resolve the issue by accessing OneDrives settings and resuming the syncing process. Making statements based on opinion; back them up with references or personal experience. Free, intuitive video editing software for beginners to create marvelous stories easily. Everything about the ARMA game series by Bohemia Interactive on reddit! She has a total of 7 years of experience as a Content Writer/Editor and a Master's Degree in Literature under her belt. Arma3 is not installed on my C: drive, but my E: drive, if that makes any . I haven't played Arma in awhile, and decided to get back into it, but upon opening the launching and clicking play, I am greeted by a popup that says, "the cloud file provider is not running." This will help other people who face the same issue. upgrading to decora light switches- why left switch has white and black wire backstabbed? 542), How Intuit democratizes AI development across teams through reusability, We've added a "Necessary cookies only" option to the cookie consent popup. I logged out of OneDrive and signed back in, I'm still getting the same error. So basically here is what worked for me: For me it was an issue with One Drive. One example of it is The cloud file provider not running error on OneDrive. Does anybody have A possible fix or a better explanation on fixing with OneDrive? Press the Windows key + R on your keyboard. Fix #3: Run a Quick SFC Scan. This procedure is effective in instances where a file is not fully synced it has a thumbnail, but the file-size reads 0 KB. Open the folder containing affected files. Step 2: Select More and click the Settings option when a new window pops up. If you already have a problem with your computer, this software can help you fix it and prevent other problems from recurring: Step 1 : Install the PC Repair and Optimizer Tool. The OneDrive On-Demand feature can result in essential files not being available or synchronized, which can stop the IDE from working. java.io.IOException: The cloud file provider is not running there is most likely a problem with the OneDrive On-Demand synchronization. Arduino IDE and Microsoft OneDrive On-Demand. After doing this and restarting their computer, most affected users have reported that the Error 0x8007016A: The Cloud File provider not working no longer occurred when they tried to open or delete a file or folder located inside OneDrive. If you receive an error message saying that The cloud file provider is not running but you dont know how to deal with this situation, this post from MiniTool is what you need. Posted October 20, 2020 My mate has had an ongoing issue for over a year with "The cloud file provider is not running." showing up on his screen whenever he tries to launch his game from the launcher, he has no mods and had the same issue with DayZ. You can download Restoro by clicking the Download button below. I have OneDrive running under the same account that is running the scheduled task and the scheduled task is . Note: This is ONLY to be used to report spam, advertising, and problematic (harassment, fighting, or rude) posts. On the new OneDrive pop-up window, click on the. To perform a repair install on your Windows 10 computer, follow the steps on this article (here). There can also be other causes for this error that are related to your Windows OS state, potential bugs, or issues with OneDrive itself. If new updates are identified, follow the on-screen prompts to install every pending update. I haven't played Arma in awhile, and decided to get back into it, but upon opening the launching and clicking play, I am greeted by a popup that says, "the cloud file provider is not running." document.getElementById( "ak_js_1" ).setAttribute( "value", ( new Date() ).getTime() ); Type above and press Enter to search. Step 1: Press the Windows + R keys to open the Run dialog box. Restrictive power-saving plans sometimes prevent OneDrive synchronization, so OneDrive error 0x8007016A may occur. The cloud file provider is not running [Help!]. By clicking Post Your Answer, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy. Step 2: Type Remove-Item path OneDrive folder pathrecurse -force and press Enter to completely delete the malfunctioning file or folder. I get the response. If not, try the next method. You may find it simpler and faster to wipe the OS and reinstall Windows. it seems that game has trouble read from your profile folder on C drive in documents folder due some restriction. By rejecting non-essential cookies, Reddit may still use certain cookies to ensure the proper functionality of our platform. Culture: en-US Could you please try? It was around 3 years ago that she ventured into learning and writing about Tech. OneDrive is a cloud storage platform meant to manage or store your files seamlessly. When the semi-synced folder has been deleted, restart your computer to force your OS to fully restart the services and dependencies of OneDrive. None. This procedure will refresh all Windows components including OneDrive without touching any of your personal files (personal data, applications, games, user preferences and anything else). viscos_3z, October 20, 2020 in ARMA 3 - TROUBLESHOOTING. For more information, please see our Why does the Angel of the Lord say: you have not withheld your son from me in Genesis? Press Esc to cancel. Heres a quick guide on resuming OneDrive syncing on Windows 10: If the same error message is still appearing even after youve ensured that syncing is enabled, move down to the next method below. Now you can try to modify your power plan so that it will no longer stop auto-syncing. In most cases, the issue is reported to occur on Windows 10. More importantly, you can also manage files and folders as if they were on your own hard drive. Try resetting the OneDrive sync app on each computer and make sure that you are sign into the same account in each app. Now check if OneDrive error 0x8007016A still exists. We've seen some replies saying that its much easier just to reset your pc than to delete OneDrive entirely and obviously we'd rather not have to do this. java.io.IOException: The cloud file provider is not running. MiniTool PDF Editor brings swift experience when you convert, merge, split, compress, extract, and annotate PDF files. 7 Ways to Fix The cloud file provider is not running Error. So, one ideal solution is to update your Windows entirely. After I have to re-install Windows I disabled onedrive. Heres what youll need to do. Powered by Invision Community, "The cloud file provider is not running.". java.io.IOException: The cloud file provider is not running . Try the suggestion given by @astaroth at this link. Several affected users have reported that they managed to resolve the issue by accessing the Power Options menu and making the switch to a power plan that doesnt include the stoppage of file syncing. A pop-up box will appear to Disable Files On-Demand. Once the command is successfully completed, restart your computer and see if the issue has been resolved at the next system startup. Step 3: Reboot your computer and check if OneDrive error 0x8007016A is resolved. Arma3 is not installed on my C: drive, but my E: drive, if that makes any difference. Created on December 22, 2018 Error 0x8007016A: The Cloud File provider is not running. Step 2 : Click Start Scan to determine what problems you are experiencing with your computer. To learn more, see our tips on writing great answers. When you see it, right-click on it, then click on the, Once youre inside the Microsoft OneDrive properties, select the, Click on the OneDrive taskbar icon, then click on, Locate the folder that youre encountering the issue with (the one that is throwing the. Step 2: Type %localappdata%\Microsoft\OneDrive\onedrive.exe /reset and press Enter. This works in most cases, where the issue is originated due to a system corruption. Managing files and folders means moving and deleting them. It may be because iis settings have changed. 1. How can I fix, I think there was a connectivity problem with OneDrive. However, if you installed the bad update (KB4457128)but failed to install the hotfix for it, you might be encountering this issue as a result. MiniTool Power Data Recovery helps to recover files from PC, HDD, USB and SD card quickly. This sounds like some part of steam isn't running. Exit code: 0x0000DEAD - Unknown You must benefit a lot from reading her article. Works for me with same problem but with ArmA 2 OA commnented on" Everyone else who commented said it worked, but this is what happened for me. CLOUD FILE PROVIDER IS NOT RUNNING I downloaded Arma 3 again after not playing it for a year and when I click PLAY I am greeted with the saying above. Step 1: Go to Taskbar and right-click the OneDrive icon. Process 64 bit: False Then you should reset OneDrive successfully. Here is a quick guide. On her spare time, she likes listening to songs and hiking. All rights reserved. Copy link Wolf1910 commented Jun 3, 2021. After youve done this, open the folder that was previously triggering the 0x8007016A error and try to replicate the issue. An "Unusual process exit" message is displayed by Arma 3 Launcher whenever it detects that the game was not closed correctly. If there is only one folder that causes OneDrive error 0x8007016A, you can try to remove the malfunctioning folder by force with PowerShell. Here are 9 methods to fix this issue. Here are 12 Ways to Fix it, Fix: The Tag Present in the Reparse Point Buffer Is Invalid (Onedrive), [Solved] Make Sure Onedrive Is Running on Your PC Then Try Again, What is Memory Compression in Windows? If your issue is solved then I request you to mark the helpful suggestion as an answer. Complete data recovery solution with no compromise. System.IO.IOException: 'The cloud file provider is not running, The open-source game engine youve been waiting for: Godot (Ep. Totally uninstalled Steam and all associated games. The first method you can try is to update your Windows to the latest version. Cookie Notice As several different users have reported, this particular issue can also occur if youre using a restrictive power plan that is actually stopping the syncing feature in order to conserve battery power.