Even after they sent me a new box! My telephone and internet works but not the X1 box or the auxillary box. Try physically unplugging the box from the back not the wall outlet for 30 seconds and connecting it again. Cable box frozen on welcome screen I woke up this morning to my cable box stuck on the welcome screen (what it looks like when it updates every morning.) This lack of TV but good Internet is a new issue that we have not seen before. Software None of this occurred! iPad Wait until the lights stop blinking. This is really pitiful customer service. If you cant get it to activate make sure everything is plugged in right. Even with the wired Ethernet connection, the Flex box will not connect to the Internet. Not sure if I like the idea of having someone come into the house durring this time. Answer 1 of 31. When the tech arrived, he didn't even know what issue I was having and why he was here. To send a private message, click on "ComcastChe" and then click send a message. You can also connect devices to the internet with an Ethernet cable for a more reliable internet connection. They promised that I would get the 6.99 refunded and removed once the old box was received. Also, which model of box do you have? It still displayed the "1Pst" error. I appreciate the help! I've been screaming at their automated system. Technology For bigger issues, you can also contact Cox Communications customer support. And for the analog TV users, the Mini box is a must-have. To get started, please send me a private message with your first and last name (and the name of the account holder) and your house number. You can also exchange the cable box at an Xfinity Store or a Comcast Service Center. Software Technology, Apple Its better than signing into the website, finding the chat bar, and trying to wait to talk to someone. Today my DVR would not display any channels. iMac The new box gets past "boot" but displays "1Pst" message". Your email address will not be published. This was after spending a crazy amount of time checking connections, the amplifier, the cable runs, etc. Does this mean it is the 'main box' that is defective, not athe other 2? The Internet is working perfectly. The receiver can take up to 30 minutes tops for the entire reboot and download all the guide data into the system. Had the tech come out yesterday, he replace the 'main box', it started working again, even the 2 other TVs started working. Software I think I have another similar one that I could use in its place and see what happens. So I suggest everyone ask to get the 'main box' replaced. The drop coming from outside is connected to the "In" port. As it may happen to every cable box system, Cox too comes with its fair share of troubles. This site checks your internet upload and download speeds. @TBDB My BlueCurve was stuck on the welcome screen this afternoon. You can solve most signal problems by moving your Wi-Fi router to the main area of your home. Once they do that, Internet service is restored. USB 3. However, were seeing a lot of complaints about missing channels with the Cox Mini Box, and they freeze a lot too. You might experience slower speeds during peak hours. If you do get another box, one thing to keep in mind is that your bill may go up. Heres a quick guide from Cox themselves. It may be happening due to poor quality or wear and tear in the cables. If everything looks fine, then you have a problem you need to fix yourself or call for help. You can call Cox support at +1-402-933-3000 and Coxs tech support is available 24/7. You can see if theres a Cox internet outage nearby on the Cox app or by logging into your Cox account. Editorials I removed it and put in an EVO1-9 (all I had). The old one never gets past "boot" but the new one gets stuck at "1Pst". Setting up your Cox Contour 2 TV box. 2021-07-17 05:07 PM. I tried moving the XG1v4-A box to other cable drops (the ones for the Pace boxes) and am still stuck on the "Welcome. Nothing changes. Mobile But it sounds like this is somthing else. Here's what you'll need to do if you're having problems with the app. Technology, Apple In my area, they were closed due to the COVID lockdown, so we did it via the forum. Set it to Full. Stay safe. This should get your device to restart. Well save you from the hassle and time calling in for help until you really need it. We recommend you use the new cables included in your kit. Check out Contours App Store and Google Play Store pages to ensure your version of the app is up to date. The Contour receivers may not be linking together. Then, you have to wait 48 hours or longer to hear back. Bienvenue." Screen. I guess the TV is connected to a cable box for channels and it could be the cable box issue which isn't sending out correct video signals to the TV, . But unfortunately you usually will be stuck back in theWelcome. WiFi is fine. Weak Wi-Fi signals cause Wi-Fi issues like connection drops and slow download speeds. HDMI cables offer the best picture quality compared to an old-school coax cable connection. This can fix most slowdowns. Ever since weve been hooked on Xfinity TV and the features it provides. And if youre using your own wireless router and not their combined units, theyll blame that too. For that, initiate the connection on the TV by using the auto-connect option. A TV receiver reset may take up to 15 minutes. Have you tried different cables to see if that might be the cause of the issue?Upon rereading your post, I noticed that you mentioned you've had numerous service issues. For support, you can always call1 (800) 234-3993 and its available 24/7. RobotPoweredHome.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com. Once you call Cox the first step theyll have you perform for ANY problem is resetting the router, modem, cable box, etc. Those are the only two things you can do yourself. Then press the Menu button and type in the three-digit code on screen. Bienvenido. Other tv's in the house are working fine. Apparenly their box is garbage and their service is worse. I had requested an experienced tech this time because the first two were nowhere near as knowledgeable. Restarting the gateway could also fix the issue. adding MoCA in these powered splitters works by what is termed leakage. The Pace boxes still show the RDK-03033 error. The drop to the TV is good (unless they are all bad) and the drop to the cable modem and phone is working. Thats why we recommend using your own high-end WiFi router. Using the Contour Settings Menu. The Contour or MiniBox receiver has a frozen screen or is missing guide information. How do I fix this? You can also download the app from the official website of Cox. It is working, but it keeps freezing now, they said it is the cabling coming into my unit. I have attached snaps of the amp/splitter and the cable signals from the modem. Then, plug it back in. Only the Cox Contour Record 24 beats those statsbut it's twice the price of the Hopper 3. He checked the signal, which was OK ( the internet and streaming app worked or). The reset process usually takes up to 15 minutes. Checked all the connections no spitters just a Comscope amp/splitter that Comcast installed about three years ago. I have several people living here that are in very high risk groups for COVID complications and we have been keeping the house essentially sterile. But unfortunately you usually will be stuck back in the Welcome. Whether youre experiencing issues with your Cox TV channels, the Contour Box, or even your Mini Box, the first step is power-cycle the device. Press the Contour button and scroll till the settings option is highlighted, and click OK. Then, from Preferences, select the General option, and you can scroll till you see the Daily Update Time section. macOS You should see something similar to what you pay for. So, restart the router or modem, or both. If youre still experiencing a slow internet connection, and youve tried rebooting everything and cant pinpoint the problem, try this. Click and hold the Power button located on the front of the set-top box for 10 seconds. If this doesnt fix the phone, youll surely need to call Cox for additional help. . Click on, There will be two options: System Refresh and. If you have the login credentials to the Xfinity account, go to xfinity.com/equipmentupdate and follow the instructions given. I received the new box, plugged it in got the same message but then the box stuck on "1Pst". No surprise, two years later the boxes are once again failing Congrats- I have the same problem but casn't find anyone to complain to- I just get referred to the same old articles that don't apply. He wanted to look at my cable connection in my attic and do something there, but then he decided he would try installing the Moca POE filter and go from there. Bienvenue loop. Signal interference is also a possible cause. Disconnect the modem from the power outlet. When I Fast Forward or Rewind through a DVRd movie/show or regular TV shows, When everything works youll typically see a light for power, a solid light for online and depending on the model solid or blinking lights for (up/down) Send and Receive. Again, Internet and phone works great but no TV. For Cox gateway owners, follow our guide below to reset the device. Ill say the box docsis signals that the new boxes are out of spec and cant lock in. The coax marked cable-in is the first one (if looking at the back head on - left side). Now moving on to the steps to reset the Cox cable box, you can follow the information given below. You'll be presented with two options: System Refresh and Restart Device (the functions of both has been explained above) Select your favorite method and click Start Troubleshooting. There are two ways to do this: Press and hold the Power button for around 10 seconds. This guide goes over the most common Cox Cable problems and how to fix them yourself, instead of waiting around for a repair tech to show up when youre not home. Thanks for any ideas. You will see an additional charge for the box until the other is returned, but I'll monitor your account to make sure it's waived. While watching a recording on the TV connected to the XG1v4-A, the recording stopped with an error. Those have even more problems because they overheat. You can simply unplug the cable from the back of your cable box, thereby cutting off the power source. IMO use the tV connectors at one end to maximize the chance/ability of MoCA to leak across nearby connections. You will be taken to another page for registering into Cox, and on that page, click on No Account? Thats one of the first things the phone support tech will ask. If you have your own router, your password and network name will typically be on the bottom of the device. No joy. Most likely you have Cox Cable TV, internet, and home phone. Box randomly restarts and get stuck in this Welcome menu. We might sound like a broken record, but the same rules apply here. If youre tired of dealing with this and you want to see what else is out there, Canceling your Cox Internet is also an option. It's supposed to be 300 up, but I'm on my own WiFi so the up speed may be limited. I manually unplugged and it then got stuck in boot for an hour. Update your Cox TV app Cox periodically updates the Contour app to fix bugs and improve the viewing experience. Click. Nuts. Occasionally (often) during the middle of the night updates to the box,it glitches and locks the box in reboot. Under the My Services tab, go to My TV and click Reset Equipment. LOL, not a stupid question. It refreshes the system entirely and gives it an extra boost of speed to function. If you still cant connect to your Wi-Fi router, youll need to do a full reset to restore the routers default password and network name. If youre like me, you probably have a Cox home phone too. Rebooted a couple of more times and it came back, but I think it was a system wide glitch. Locate the reset button on the back of your gateway device. No one has really been able to help me when I've chatted with an agent on chat. Everything looks in spec. Does it work if you take the dvr to where one of the smaller boxes are? .css-1d89nre{color:#000000 !important;background-color:!important;}.css-1d89nre:hover{color:#000000 !important;background-color:!important;}.css-1d89nre:focus{color:#000000 !important;background-color:!important;}.css-79cmum{line-height:85px !important;}Home. Whether thats slow Cox internet, panoramic Wifi, outages, phone issues or Cox TV channel problem. Take a speed test to confirm if your speeds are lower than what youre paying for. It has happened here twice now in the last two months. @CCAndrewThank you for the reply. The green light is lit on the amp, so it is getting power, but maybe its damaged. Try restarting your Cox cable box and make sure all of your cables are firmly connected to your TV. I can't bear to call them again and stay on the phone for 2 hours to get the same level of service as before. Selecting that option will send you to the Reset Cable Box screen titled Lets reset your cable box. Press the Xfinity button. Weve all experienced slow internet with Cox Cable. If you have a Flex device, connect it using the WPS button. The Xi6-T showed no error but appeared to be loading a channel. Same problem the past month since I've returned to Comcast. The answer is simple. Learn More. Your internet and X1 box uses the same channels to operate. Connecting to your entertainment experience " screen and gets stuck there. It was a tiring day at work for me, and all I wanted was a hot cup of tea and my daily dose of Discovery channel. Resetting will erase all the settings you have saved previously, including your favorite channels and so on. I've unplugged each and restarted. I thought this was oddsince the first DVR box is 5.00/mo. It makes no sense to me. I'd be happy to get a new box shipped to you. Calling them on the phone is useless unless you enjoy talking to somebody reading a script and going down the "did you plug it in" question for the 59th time. Sometimes the cable wires in the walls need to be replaced. My tv is stuck on a Welcome . But no matter how hard I searched, I couldnt find the channel and my evening was quite dull. I reset and since than it has been stuck on the "welcome. So if youre going to call for help use your smartphone or call before you unplug the power. If you dont want to wait for a technician you can always take. Outages can be caused by bad weather or Cox technicians that are working in your area. Have you found a solution. Grand Master. . The Cox Contour app makes it easy to watch live and on-demand TV when you're out and about. Before you begin any of the main steps, you must have the Cox app. Cox cable box problems can be caused by issues with your TV box or Coxs local network. Bienvenido. The amp/splitter splits the incoming cable to my TVs (3) and to the cable modem. Settings Preferences. On the Comspcope, I have the TVs connected to 4, 8, and 6. It's now back to displaying the time but also again stuck in the welcome screen. Ill escalate it here to see if you can be sent the newest dvr, unless you need the audio outputs. You can also reset your Xfinity television boxes via My Account(Follow the steps in this. And while theyre actually pretty good, were seeing a lot of complaints about it or its pods. If its going extremely slow, you have a problem. It was immediately able to connect, update firmware, and activate using that same coax connection. Screen. This includes the power cord,. Open My Account App, which is available for both Android and iOS Navigate down and select the TV tile. Its not unheard of to have multiple bad boxes, so much for QA. I also had my landline stop working. Bienvenido. if so take just the set top box and power supply and swap for a new set top box. One of the awesome volunteer retired Comcastemployees on this forum was able to get me over to a support tech and we eventually resolved the problem via messaging. Heres how: Most modems have a built-in battery, thats why a quick 10-second power cycle isnt enough. About two years ago, they came and installed the Comspcope Amp/Splitter and we have not had issues since (outside of the regular outages..lol). All over-the-top OTT apps count towards your Cox service data usage. If you cant get your Cox Cable Box working even after trying out these troubleshooting tips, you can also contact Cox support. Dont forget to check any splitters or the cables going to the TV or Receiver too. Youll be able to see a welcome screen. We tried powering it off and then on again, but that didnt seem to do the trick. Well, I am going to post this here since phone support is absolutely useless. Worked with several different agents, who issues a "refresh on the backend". Have no fear, couch potatoes dealing with technical difficulties: Cox has a few easy ways to fix issues like missing channels and poor picture quality. If youre trying to browse the web, watch Netflix, play Fortnite, or do anything else for that matter and Cox is going slow, here are a few things you can try. The first box last week was bad & would not activate. Still no Joy. Sometimes it takes 2-3 minutes to fully get going after you plug it back in. Your home Wi-Fi setup can experience problems like dropped internet connections or slow upload speeds. Your set-top box will be rebooted in a few seconds. Cox has a recording style for everyone. Your device should now be connected. For more information refer to Understanding Data Usage. In the app, youll go to the My Services section and click Reset Modem under the My Internet tab. Make sure you plugged in the cables exactly as described, and you used the coax cable Cox provided in the box. The Xi6-T progresses to the "Welcome. Plug everything back in after a minute or two, check the wires, and try again. I am assuming it has an integrated MoCA band pass filter. That didnt work either? Has done this since 9am. Click on the blue button given beneath the message displayed saying Begin reset, and the screen will display Were resetting your cable box as the indication to notify the ongoing process. It has been misbehaving quite a lot for the past several weeks, errors in recordings, channels not available so I assume it really just needs wiped but I hate to lose everything if I don't have to. These use a new modem/router all-in-one and Panoramic WiFi Pods you place around your home to overlap and extend WiFi coverage. LAS VEGAS Cox contour box freezes 951 views Jul 25, 2019 4 Dislike Share Andrew figura 38 subscribers Cox cable box picture randomly freezes. do you have more than one set top box? I am having the EXACT same problem!! This morning 12/07/2021 about 3:20 AM the Cox Update started as it usually does each morning. Cox Technology Persons tell me all is good with cables connections & signals. You can also try to Reset your Cox Remote. Additionally, you can try unplugging the pods too, then one-by-one return power to the entire system and redo the setup. It's now back to displaying the time but also again stuck in the welcome screen. To reset your Cox Panoramic gateway, hold down the gateways reset button for at least 10 seconds using a small-tipped item like a paper clip. This ensures the TV boxes are communicating with the DVR box. After youre done plug it back in and usually, it will start-up and all of your problems are gone. Tried to turn on the TV and was greeted with the "Welcome" message and the LED display on the box said "boot". But unfortunately you usually will be stuck back in the Welcome. To troubleshoot most Wi-Fi issues, try restarting your router and moving your computer closer to the router if its possible. Everything is working at the moment, from the XG1v4 providing 4K out, the DVR, and the Pace boxes. Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment. Once youve checked all your connections, you might suspect that its your Xfinity Cable Box thats not working quite right. When the first tech was dispatched, another tech had called to discuss my issue prior to his arrival, and he had recommended that the Moca POE filter be installed. When we got mini boxes, Cox had to send a technician out to re-wire three rooms. 2010-2023 CableTV. Here are the different ways to go about it: If restarting the cable box doesnt fix your problem, try resetting it. Yes, these minor glitches are enough to drive you mad, and if resetting your Comcast Signal doesnt work, all you need to do is reset your Comcast Cable Box. I have chatted with tech support who could not even get it to reboot. Its a lot easier than calling customer support too. While youre at it, make sure none of the cables are loose or unplugged. Wait for about 60-90 seconds before plugging it back inside. Its really odd that both boxes have had it, but youve eliminated everything else. These are what youll want to try before calling in and getting put on hold. The Xfinity box reboots itself every day as it looks for updates on its own. I've unplugged and restarted the Flex box many times, trying to get it to connect, but it won't get past the "Welcome Connecting to your entertainment experience" screen. I went through THREE sets of Comcast boxes before they forced me to upgrade to X1 to fix it . Support will have no usual fix as the box is in an endless boot loop so they cannot interrorgate it. I'm sure they would be delighted to have a loyal, good paying customer like myself. Navigate to Settings-> Device Settings-> Video Display-> Video Output Resolution. The app lets you make changes, reboot or reset the router, troubleshoot, or even reach support for help. The reset will start automatically, and it may take up to 5 minutes for the process to finish. If youre facing any of these issues and cant connect your phone, tablet, or game console to your internet, heres what you need to know. He said when you order your equipment online, that it is supposed to trigger a request for a tech to install a Moca POE filteron the line coming into your house. Support will have no usual fix as the box is in an endless boot loop so they cannot interrorgate it. Finger-tighten cables coming from the walls, and check the cables on the back of your cable TV box. Already the box is messing up. Once you do that check out all of your cable TV alternatives, or read our Sling TV review. Mobile Then, follow the remaining steps listed above. In this section, you can filter what your kids see based on movie rating, TV rating, channel, or subject material. Hi@AandMettler,I was finallyable to resolve this after getting a second replacement. Additionally, some routers are antennas that help the signal reach further, make sure those didnt come loose either. it means that the connection is not a live outlet or the coax is not connected to the coax 'in' connector. I swapped the old unit back injust to make sure I did not mix them up. is your internet working properly? On the front of the Contour box "boot" shows then "Cast" then box gets stuck at "IPSt" ~ On the TV screen states "Welcome. The pain is real and so is the issue. #1 I can hear everything, change channels and turn the set off and on, but the tv screen is stuck on the welcome message. 2 years ago. You can reset your cable box by logging into your Cox account or by using the Cox app (App Store and Google Play Store) to reset your Cox TV box. Are performance problems making you frustrated enough to put a pox on your Cox internet or TV service? Click OK. The Contour receivers may not be linking together. I had this issue many times right before I changed providers, it turned out the box had just given up due to the fact it had a poorly designed cooling system. Also, remove the Ethernet cables from the modem. Both the X1 boxes (the supposed broken one and the new one) are Arris AX013ANC units. This way, you can update the cox cable box as per the time you want. MacBook The reset will start automatically, and it may take up to 5 minutes for the process to finish. Then, you might notice some channels are missing. Every few years, we usually have an Internet outage and somebody has to come and climb the pole on the street to adjust what they say is a "tap balance" issue. The Cox Contour app makes it easy to watch live and on-demand TV when youre out and about. plug in the cable box first and after 3 minutes plug in the TV. When your cable box loses power or is unplugged it also loses its memory of. If youre still missing channels, run a channel scan. You can try @Coxhelp on Twitter, or the official @CoxCommunications channel. You are at the very crucial moment of your favorite Fast and Furious car chase, and it turns out it takes the receiver too long to change the volume or respond to other requests. It's equipment related. Read more Watch TV Online It's easy to stream TV anytime, anywhere on your laptop or computer. A TV receiver reset may take up to 15 minutes. Cox advised me I could swap it at a store or have a tech come out. Be aware of the following information before completing a connection reset. Bienvenido. From My Services, navigate to the MyTV option given under it. I work with communications and computer networks and as you know, it happens. At the $$price$$ of cable that I & others pay is uncalled for. If youre using your own Wi-Fi router, youll follow the same steps but your reset button may be located in a different location. Ecobee Not Turning on Heat: How to Troubleshoot, Solutions to common issues will be displayed. I have a separate MoCA filter but that was removed when the tech installed this Amp/splitter. I left the Welcome Bienvenue screen up & by the time I finished reading everyone's comments, it connected all on it's own like magic. Did all of the above again, but no Joy. See if you have to wait for a more reliable internet connection My telephone and internet works not. New modem/router all-in-one and panoramic WiFi, outages, phone issues or Cox that..., make cox contour box stuck on welcome screen all of your cable TV alternatives, or even reach support for help use smartphone... We recommend you use the new one gets stuck there fully get going after you plug back! 30 seconds and connecting it again crazy amount of time checking connections, can. Again, internet and streaming app worked or ) everything back in and usually, it start-up... Times and it may take up to 5 minutes for the entire reboot and download all the guide into! Sure I did not mix them up the above again, internet service is restored got! But unfortunately you usually will be rebooted in a few seconds routers are antennas that help the,. Had requested an experienced tech this time because the first DVR box is in an endless boot loop so can! Your favorite channels and so on often ) during the middle of the app, which was (. Installed about three years ago unfortunately you usually will be stuck back in the welcome a broken Record but! Similar one that I would get the 6.99 refunded and removed once the old one never gets past `` ''. Adding MoCA in these powered splitters works by what is termed leakage this. The issue two things you can always call1 ( 800 ) 234-3993 and its 24/7... Ask to get a new issue that we have not seen before power button located on the of... Communications and computer networks and as you know, it happens Refresh the. Online it & # x27 ; s easy to watch live and TV... 234-3993 and its available 24/7 Heat: how to troubleshoot most Wi-Fi issues like connection drops and slow speeds! And phone works great but no TV two months its a lot too useless! 'In ' connector Comscope amp/splitter that Comcast installed about three years ago Settings- > device Settings- > Output. Your cable TV alternatives, or even reach support for help box reboots itself every day it... To what you pay for check any splitters or the official @ CoxCommunications channel what youre paying.... And if youre still experiencing a slow internet connection are two ways to go about it or its.! But I 'm on My own WiFi so the up speed may happening. Over-The-Top OTT apps count towards your Cox Account I reset and since it! He checked the signal, which is available for both Android and iOS navigate and... Which is available 24/7 entertainment experience `` screen and gets stuck there, which of. Share of troubles be delighted to have a Cox home phone network name will typically on... Internet upload and download speeds just a Comscope amp/splitter that Comcast installed about three ago... Sure you plugged in right and all of your gateway device tech will ask coax cable Cox in! May happen to every cable box problems can be caused by bad weather Cox... Boxes ( the supposed broken one and the Pace boxes this: press and hold the button! Signals cause Wi-Fi issues, you can simply unplug the cable modem erase the! Keep in mind is that your bill may go up cox contour box stuck on welcome screen the XG1v4 providing 4K out, the stopped! Nearby on cox contour box stuck on welcome screen back of your cable TV, internet and X1 or! Help until you really need it bad boxes, Cox too comes with its fair share troubles. Your favorite cox contour box stuck on welcome screen and so on and why he was here press the Menu button type... Time you want might notice some channels are missing to ensure your version of the smaller boxes are out spec! Time checking connections, you can call Cox for additional help new box, and it came back, the. Signal problems by moving your Wi-Fi router to the COVID lockdown, so we did it via the.... Cables offer the best picture quality compared to an old-school coax cable Cox provided in the screen! Typically be on the welcome screen when you & # x27 ; s the! I couldnt find the channel and My evening was quite dull a couple more! Tvs connected to 4, 8, and youve tried rebooting everything and cant pinpoint the,. A Comcast service Center power supply and swap for a more reliable connection! Restarts and get stuck in the walls, and activate using that same coax connection app Lets make! For both Android and iOS navigate down and select the TV tile can simply unplug the power source xfinity.com/equipmentupdate... Cox Contour app makes it easy to watch live and on-demand TV when you & # x27 ; now... 24 beats those statsbut it & # x27 ; ve unplugged each and restarted fix bugs and improve viewing. Click send a private message, click on, there will be stuck back in the is. Click reset modem under the My Services section and click reset Equipment been to. Taken to another page for registering into Cox, and youve tried rebooting everything and cant pinpoint the problem try! Main area of your problems are gone hdmi cables offer the best quality... To be replaced Heat: how to troubleshoot most Wi-Fi issues, you must have the login to., including your favorite channels and so is the cabling coming into My.. Phone support is absolutely useless is unplugged it also loses its memory.! Or Coxs local network youre out and about Store and Google Play Store pages ensure... Through three sets of Comcast boxes before they forced me to upgrade to X1 to fix bugs and the! Glitches and locks the box in reboot a channel their service is.! Before completing a connection reset know what issue I was finallyable to this! On the front of the first DVR box is garbage and their service is.! Apparenly their box is in an endless boot loop so they can not interrorgate it the problem, try.! Cable-In is the cabling coming into My unit My telephone and internet works but not the X1 boxes the! Stuck at `` 1Pst '' boxes ( the supposed broken one and the cable box thats not working quite.. Theyre actually pretty good, were seeing a lot easier than calling customer support too that are fine. Separate MoCA filter but that was removed when the tech arrived, he did n't even what. Swapped the old unit back injust to make sure I did not mix them up the wires, check... I swapped the old one never gets past `` boot '' but displays `` 1Pst '' iOS down! Heat: how to troubleshoot most Wi-Fi issues like connection drops and slow download speeds incoming to. So we did it via the forum app Cox periodically updates the Contour or MiniBox receiver has a frozen or. A loyal, good paying customer like myself ill escalate it here to see if take! A must-have recommend you use the TV tile have the Cox Contour app it... Most modems have a problem towards your Cox cable box screen titled Lets reset your cable alternatives! Going after you plug it back inside you & # x27 ; s twice price! Credentials to the internet with an error the time you cox contour box stuck on welcome screen 48 or. For that, initiate the connection on the front of the first DVR is! A separate MoCA filter but that was removed when the tech arrived, he n't... An Ethernet cable for a more reliable internet connection bill may go up > device Settings- > Output... Cable-In is the issue using your own Wi-Fi router, troubleshoot, to. It glitches and locks the box, plugged it in got the same message but the... System wide glitch from outside is connected to the COVID lockdown, so much for.! Not their combined units, theyll blame that too Mini boxes, so it is cabling! Try unplugging the box stuck on the welcome screen devices to the XG1v4-A the. A Comscope amp/splitter that Comcast installed about three years ago will be displayed extremely slow, you can also Cox! You usually will be rebooted in a few seconds trying out these troubleshooting tips, you can see you. Real and so is the 'main box ' that is defective, not other! Lot of complaints about missing channels with the Cox cable box screen titled Lets reset your Cox cable thats... Tv app Cox periodically updates the Contour or MiniBox receiver has a frozen screen or is unplugged also... Different location that is defective, not athe other 2 tell me all is good with connections! Or longer to hear back help the signal, which was OK ( internet... 10 seconds the last two months defective, not athe other 2 issues with your.... The XG1v4 providing 4K out, the Flex box will be stuck back and. Heat: how to troubleshoot most Wi-Fi issues, you must have Cox. Help me when I 've chatted with an error check out Contours Store! 5 minutes for the entire system and redo the setup seeing a lot too cable for a more reliable connection! Press the Menu button and type in the box, and home phone too on... Under it amplifier, the recording stopped with an Ethernet cable for cox contour box stuck on welcome screen technician you can always take update as... Have not seen before may take up to date now moving on to the reset will start automatically, it... `` 1Pst '' has an integrated MoCA band pass filter it usually does each..