ill with a cold. He challenges her to get the chip off her shoulder and chase her dreams. head, snorting and whinnying. When she finally miraculously awakens, doctors tell her there will be no more miracles. I just want to write for fun again. Mr. Steinkraus commented about her name being perfect for the mare because she has class all the way down to her hoofprints.. She was the fourth horse in history to win two show-jumping gold medals, with the last being Hans Winkler's Halla in 1956. At the same time, she takes on a job as a rider at the Bonnie Brae stud so that she can pay for her riding lessons. The movie is inspired by the true story of Debi Connor, a rider and trainer from Ocala, Florida. I'd love to keep in touch with you - and I have free printables for you! ``I heard Debi was a great coach,'' he said. Its also the story of a girl and her horse, and the way a special animal friend can inspire us to chase our dreams. Dusky, is also a Cavalier Farm resident and both Guatemalans' horses travel While owned by Jennifer and stabled at Mr. Smithwicks, the petite brown filly had access to all sorts of steeplechase jumps which she jumped freely as well as jumping out of the fields where she was turned out. It wasnt the biggest Olympic course ever (the highest jump being 56) but it put a premium on the rider, as Tad Coffin said while commentating for ABC. Related to: William M Walden, Trinity N Waldon. A SUNDAY HORSE is a story of overcoming impossible odds. After her injury, Connor moved to Charlottesville where she said she was Also known as Debra M Lapuma, Debbie Walden, Debbra M Lapuma, Debra M Papuma, Debra M Sterzenbach, Debbie M Lapuma, Deb Walden. Debi Newby Walden is on Facebook. The films heroine Debi Walden (Nikki Reed) is caught between a rock and a hard place. she said. When the riding instructor Jonathan discovered Debi's talent, he offered to encourage her if she could find a suitable horse. (NewsUSA) A talented young woman and her horses defy the odds to rise to the top of the show jumping world in a new family film, "A Sunday Horse," scheduled to debut in 2016.The movie is inspired by the true story of Debi Connor, a rider and trainer from Ocala, Florida. I'll probably be sarcastic, I'll try to be funny. Required fields are marked *. NexGard Spectra For Dogs Flea Tick Heartworm Intestinal Worm - 6 Pack, Dyson V7 Origin Cordless Vacuum - 271629-01, 300/600 Led Curtain Fairy Lights Wedding Indoor Outdoor Christmas Garden Party, Meguiars Scratch Remover X 2.0 Polish 207ml G10307, Deal Large Floor Rug Runner Blue Distressed Halo Dye Rug Abstract Modern Carpet, 200x Finish Powerball Ultimate All In 1 Dishwasher/Dishwashing Tablets, Men's Fleece Casual Sports Track Pants w Zip Pocket Striped Sweat Trousers S-6XL, Artiss 2X Blockout Curtain Blackout Window Curtain Draperies Pair Eyelet Bedroom, LIGHTFOX 9" Osram Laser LED Driving Spot Lights Black Round Offroad Truck SUV, Levede Bar Stools Kitchen Counter Stool Swivel Barstools Adjustable Velvet Seat, Mobi 12V 300AH Lithium Iron Phosphate Battery LiFePO4 Deep Cycle, For Samsung Galaxy A11 A21s A31 A51 A71 Leather Wallet Flip Case Card Cover, Narva Split Sleeve Tubing 7mm x 30m 56708, 5400+ SOLD! Abdullah went first in the jumpoff and had two rails down for eight faults. But unlike most little girls, Connor's dream didn't go away - ever. When she finally comes to, Debi sells her top prize-winning horse Touch of Class to her co-trainer, who takes the horse to the Olympics and wins a pair of gold medals for the USA.Despite a dire prognosis of never riding again, Debi perseveres through months of painful rehabilitation and enters the Governors Cup at the Virginia Horse Show, where, despite her ongoing struggles with paralysis and seizures, she competes against her old horse Touch of Class and wins.A "Sunday Horse" features a well-known cast, including Nikki Reed (Twilight), Ving Rhames (Mission Impossible), Ryan Merriman (Final Destination), and screen legends William Shatner (Star Trek) and Linda Hamilton (Terminator). Debi visits a pastor before buying The Evangelist, but thats the only time she prays in the movie. He would not pass her. Kluwall also produced the stakes-winning steeplechaser Crocodile Tears and Special Memories (a stallion by Abdullah). for the Olympics also. You are lucky to have seen them. Soon, they both catch the attention of other show jumpers. Ms. Nonni then turned Touch Of Class over to Joe and Conrad to show. (function(i,s,o,g,r,a,m){i['GoogleAnalyticsObject']=r;i[r]=i[r]||function(){ The Israeli Olympic showjumping team has been announced and it's exactly who you thought it'd beminus team captain Daniel Bluman, of course. As the circuit in Florida rolled around in 1984, there was much excitement and anticipation as the Selection Trials started for the Los Angeles Olympics. An unprecedented performance in any year and any sport. It is performed in an arena in front of a judge and, often, a crowd. At the same time, the sponsor Mr. Valentine Debi makes the offer to change to his team, which she accepts. Second Honeymoon (see #flyingfeathers) which Cavalier Farm purchased this spring. Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License, This page was last edited on 26 November 2020, at 15:23. For weeks she lies in the hospital, comatose, partially paralyzed, and near death. I was shocked at the discrimination both Debi and Mr. Valentine (a black man) received in A Sunday Horse. Determined not to let her horse lose its chance, she sells her beloved Touch of Class to her trainer. He encourages Debi to get back in the saddle and compete in the national showjumping championships. her arrival, Debi Connor said, the horse had become mellow. come into their prime until they are around 12 and they usually compete until Before the Olympics, the pair went with the American team to Europe where they won the Nations Cup at Aachen. After ten days, she wakes up from the coma, but she has to go through many months of rehab before she can start exercising again. Directed by Vic Armstrong , the script was written by Fred T. Kuehnert and Susan Rhinehart . Joe Fargis and Conrad Homfeld had been training Debi when she had a fall that put her out of commission in Florida in the Winter of 1981. Certificate : 12. Your email address will not be published. None of them not her, not her backer, not her horses has the pedigree to win in this sport of elites. Debi Walden is on Facebook. The film premieres at the Equus Film Festival in New York in late November 2015. After she finished school, Jennifer started riding races for Thoroughbred Racing Hall Of Fame steeplechase trainer Mikey Smithwick, so she retired Kluwall and bred her to Yankee Lad. The first horse for the United States was clear! Something went wrong. I think in some ways Debis refusal to come home showed that she wasnt going to live with that abuse anymore. Then disaster strikes. View cart for details. or so back to Guatemala and his farm where he grows coffee and ornamental Debi uses the cellphone number (815) 922-4691 (Cellco Partnership). She says if Id seen a burning bush, Id have been more inclined to reach for a hose than the voice of God. But she found God in a whole new way when she started on her show jumping journey. Joe and Touch Of Class won the Grand Prix Of Tampa and were selected for the Olympic team. A Sunday Horse has all the elements of a good movie. It was the Winter of 1981 1982 when Joe had his student, Junior rider Christian Currey, try the little brown mare to buy as a Junior Jumper. Ironically homesteading (I am not a homesteader I have everything I possibly can delivered via Amazon to my doorstep but I joke that I am every time I create something epic) in South-Central Ontario. and trained the mare as a jumper, taking her to the Grand Prix level, the the Grand Prix circuit with Second Honeymoon and other Cavalier Farm horses. paralyzed. They started with a clean slate. 19, Connor saw her Olympic dreams become a possibility when she began riding games in Panama this spring, but was withdrawn from the event when she became Connor said I feel really good. Touch Of Class with Joe Fargis walking around the arena after completing the jump-off course to win the Individual Gold Medal at the 1984 Olympics. Jennifer finally sent her to Sylvia Hector, a well-regarded Maryland horsewoman, to turn into a show horse. Some ``You don't want to use her up. The star of the film, Debi Walden (her maiden name), has drive and talent, and dreams of becoming an Olympic champion in the sport of show jumping. After five rounds of jumping, Touch Of Class and Joe Fargis jumped 90 out of 91 jumps clean. She truly has a gift for show jumping, and shes willing to work hard to do it. Later that day, back at the barn, Connor gave Second Honeymoon a big pat of here, four of them owned by Cavalier Farm itself. If they had a rail down, they would tie with Abdullah and Conrad for the Gold and would have to jump off. The original syndicate that owned Kitty was: Mr. and Mrs. Brownlee Currey, Mr. and Mrs. Patrick Butler, Earle Mack, Pam Hall, and Sandron (Joe Fargis and Conrad Homfeld). As everyone tells Debi to give up show jumping, she has to muster all her strength to get back in the saddle. With renewed hope, Debi finds a horse everyone else has overlooked. The week of 30 October 2023. Touch Of Classs groom, Noel Solomon, said that Kitty was wound up when she arrived at Santa Anita Racetrack, where the equestrian events were to be held. the Grand Prix circuit. Available. She buys several horses with no formal jumping skills, trains them herself and starts taking the Grand Prix jumping world by storm. points. The duo was on track to qualify for the U.S. Equestrian Team for the 1984 At the end of the film there is a 25 year time jump. Region : 2 PAL. Before the World Championships, the American team went to Hickstead as a warm-up, and Joe had a fall (on another horse) that broke his leg. Mr. Valentine is looked down upon by Elysse, who feels his kind dont belong there. a young half sister of Touch of Class. (NewsUSA) - A talented young woman and her horses defy the odds to rise to the top of the show jumping world in a new family film, "A Sunday Horse," scheduled to debut in 2016.The movie is inspired by the true story of Debi Connor, a rider and trainer from Ocala, Florida. Lara, on the other hand, commutes every two weeks Genre: Biography, Drama Original Language: English Director: Vic Armstrong Producer:. The film premieres Saturday morning during the Li'l Herc Family Fest at the Equus Film Festival in New York. The morning arrived for the Team Competition. ``Big pat,'' Unfortunately, she lacks the money and resources to train for the top tier of the sport and she is unable to afford the expensive horses needed for Olympic-level competition.Debi defies the odds, doing farm chores in exchange for training and earning the emotional and financial support of an African-American entrepreneur with similarly humble beginnings. This is a beautiful story of perseverance, determination, willpower, and the drive to succeed. })(window,document,'script','//www.google-analytics.com/analytics.js','ga'); Nikki Reed and Ryan Merriman did a great job in their roles, Ving Rhames stole the show as Mr. Valentine in my opinion I loved what he brought to the story and Linda Hamilton did a beautiful job of showing that the support of a loving mother is deeply impacting in our lives. Showing at the A shows during the 60s, 70s, 80s, and early 90s, Marianne was blessed to see some of the greatest Thoroughbred Show Hunters, Jumpers, and horsemen of all time. You want her jumping clean rounds with Following HorseWorld 3D comes HorseWorld: Show Jumping as the next great horse simulation for you to discover and enjoy! The story is set in the present, although the main events occurred in the 1980s. plants. The star of the film, Debi Walden (her maiden name), has drive and talent, and dreams of becoming an Olympic champion in the sport of show jumping. professional show jumping is . The little mare who had already jumped three clear rounds had a clear round going until the very last fence which she had down. It's mandatory in a human diet. Touch Of Class with Joe Fargis riding at the 1984 Olympics. 28 February 2023 - 05 March 2023 | USA. ``When Second Honeymoon came along, she was simply in the right place at (FYI I am also going to the Sept 22 workshop @ Library, I can give you the notes if you like. Touch Of Classs tremendous effort in the 1984 Olympics was rewarded with her being named the USOCs Female Equestrian Athlete Of The Year. View cart for details. When she's not blogging or homeschooling, she enjoys downhill skiing, exploring Vancouver's parks, drinking coffee with friends, reading, and playing board games with her family. After the other three Americans had gone Leslie Burr on Albany (4 faults), Conrad Homfeld on Abdullah (8 faults), and Melanie Smith on Calypso (0 faults) the United States was in first place. Jonathan can convince Bonnie to sponsor Debi as a show jumper and she can win numerous competitions. With the support of other sponsors, the millionaire Kenneth Roubidoux and his wife Lauren, she can buy another horse, a touch of class , and she wins more tournaments. The September one is September 10th though, not the 22nd, right? She won her share of big classes and went to the 1988 Olympic Games in Seoul as Joes backup to Mill Pearl but didnt compete. jumping accident this spring. 1st March 2023. confidence. Connor took Twiggy through her paces over those colorful bars. Event Category: XC Schooling / One Day Events / Show Jumping / Training Clinics. They also were the first double-clears in Olympic history and the first to have won two Gold Medals in Show Jumping in the same year. taking Cavalier Farm's world class jumper, Second Honeymoon, to the 1996 The film premieres Saturday morning during the Lil Herc Family Fest at the Equus Film Festival in New York. said. with Valentine and William F. Muddyman, who lives in Monte Carlo. Starring Nikki Reed, Linda Hamilton, Ryan Merriman Director Vic Armstrong Trailers A Sunday Horse After a near-fatal accident, a determined young rider (Nikki Reed) defies all odds to chase her dreams of competing in a national horse-jumping championship. I travel (usually within Canada) and then I'll tell you about the places I explored! Watch A Sunday Horse 2016 1 hr 48 min 6.0 (947) Inspired by the true story of the talented, driven horse rider Debi Walden. The Swedish Match head office is located in Stockholm, Sweden. cant remembee her name but owned the jumper Denali and Matt the model whose name escapes me.Wonder times! The story is set in the present, although the main events occurred in the 1980s . In fact, on one weekend during the films shooting at the Atlanta International Horse Park, Debi competed and won the blue ribbon in her class. executive producer Allan Kassirer . Then she catches the eye of jockey Jonathan Collier. The resulting foal was Touch Of Class who lived at Mr. Smithwicks Maryland farm for her first four years. Conrad took over the ride on Kitty for the shows back in the United States. Facebook gives people the power to share and makes the world more open and connected. Ever. Unfortunately, she lacks the money and resources to train for the top tier of the sport and she is unable to afford the expensive horses needed for Olympic-level competition.Debi defies the odds, doing farm chores in exchange for training and earning the emotional and financial support of an African-American entrepreneur with similarly humble beginnings. CSIO4* Wellington. Debi Walden ist bereits seit frhester Jugend eine begeisterte Reiterin, ihre Teilnahme an Springturnieren musste sie aus finanziellen Grnden jedoch aufgeben. The lessons of perseverance, determination, and faith were well portrayed without being over-done and in your face. I thoroughly enjoyed A Sunday Horse. In an interview by Tad Coffin for ABC, Joe said, The most satisfying thing Ive ever done in my life. I am very disappointed that it is not on Netflix. Debi nevertheless decides to take part in an important show jumping tournament in which she competes and wins against her archenemy, the rich Elysse Dumar, among others. Connor is not lacking in confidence when it comes to the Guatemalan Team In 2021, Swedish Match employed an average of 7,523 people, of whom 37 percent were women, with the largest number of employees in . spring when the Olympic team is announced. another sort, a crunchy green apple that the horse attacked with gusto. She is confident At Cavalier Farm, the cheerful red, yellow and white poles on the jumps Booking Closed. Try different method to come out from google chrome not responding? And at the end, it seemed like there might be a chance for healing between her and her dad, when he came to her final show. It was the first time in the history of the Olympic Show Jumping that the Gold Medal had been won without the fourth horse having to go. It features beautiful, super soft leather upper, a rened square toe cap, elegant zipper protector and Dry-Tex lining to keep you cool and comfortable while looking your absolute best. ``I had a jumper of my own and also rode horses for Mr. Valentine,'' Connor ``But Thirty-one hunters and jumpers from all over the country are in training ``The strategy of the games is that she's peaking for the games,'' Connor from a heart point of view, I believe in my heart we'll go and I believe in Debra C Walden, 66. Salt. Resides in Melbourne, FL. She's all grown up, an expert rider and trainer of Olympic caliber horses, Debi Connor . She was chosen as the No. Debi showing Hiberia Rouge in the $50,000 Grand Prix at HITS week #1. Booking Closes 23/02/23 - 23:55. The story is set in the present, although the main events occurred in the 1980s. I have seen all of the trainers show in the ahsa from the 60s to the 70s with my 2 favorite shows being Del Mar and Santa Barbara at the earl warren fairgrounds. If things go according to Connor's dream, she may also find herself both stabled at Cavalier Farm. Bonnie Way is a homeschool mom with five children ages 13 to 3. It was great.. best horse shows.''. Lara has been training under Connor for several years. The name Debra Walden has over 47 birth records, 8 death records, 14 criminal/court records, 147 address records, 36 phone records & more. Your information will *never* be shared or sold to a 3rd party. She said she believes they will meet their country's qualifications the right time for me,'' Connor said. That must have been really cool. 2009-2018 EquestrianCoach.com - By Bernie Traurig. three team members are training under Connor at Cavalier Farm and so are From her farm in Ocala, Florida, she is a show ring rider, buys and sells horses, and has trained horses and riders in all parts of the world. they are 18 or so. for Cavalier Farm. Amazingly, Debi is chosen to be on the US Olympic team for the international competition only months away. Ron Id agree with you that Debis father was emotionally abusive. The mare Great Savings & Free Delivery / Collection on many items The classic Black Beauty is a must-watch that is going to keep your little horse lover engrossed. Leslie on Albany had 8 faults. Marianne Taylor shares the story of Circus Rose (aka Miss Budweiser) one of the great post WWII era Thoroughbreds. During a demonstration in front of a school class, there is a riding accident in which Debi falls from his horse and falls into a coma . Debi Walden believed it was Gods plan for her to compete in horse jumping with second-chance horses, and she pursued that plan with everything in her. training that goes on in this bucolic setting. Abdullah and Touch Of Class, with their riders both based in Virginia and in business together, would jump off for the Gold. Bonnie Way is a single stay-at-home mom to five children, ages 15 to 5, who wants to help you keep your kids as close as koalas. As a member you could Rate this film. Because of the negative back-and-forth between Debi and Elysse, Id recommend caution before watching it with kids. jumping. Mother Nature puts on spectacular light show over Great Lakes, Bad Axe man pleads no contest to inappropriately touching teen, Cass City, Laker, Bad Axe boys pick up Tuesday wins, Harbor Beach, Reese advance in opening round district games, Dear Abby: Wife has no appreciation for man's preferred dress, Long-term care unit closing its doors at Scheurer Health, Michigan hunter: A badger hid my deer from me, Carp Lake man missing, MSP requesting public's help. Check out the trailer below. with window boxes of pink geraniums underneath, belie the intensity of the When the Olympics were over, Touch Of Class returned to Joes and Conrads Sandron Farm in Petersburg, Virginia for a break before Indoors. This review has been viewed 6169 time(s). Overall, this was an enjoyable, inspirational movie. A tragic accident leaves her fighting for her life, and unsure of whether shell ever be able to ride again, let alone compete. As Joe and Touch Of Class entered the huge arena with the stands packed full of cheering fans, the nervousness that the little mare had outside of the ring had disappeared. The handsome 12-year-old How to Train an OTTB On the Flat for Three-Day Eventing, Circus Rose The History of a Great Thoroughbred, Western Prospect: A Very Expensive Two-Year-Old Racehorse Turned Extraordinary Show Hunter, What To Do When Your Horse Bucks, Plays, or Pulls After The Jump, Exercises To Teach Your Horse To Stay Light Between Your Aids. Your email address will not be published. The Evangelist, a horse once slated for Joe Fargis and Conrad Homfeld had been training Debi when she had a fall that put her out of commission in Florida in the Winter of 1981. Quick Facts Debi lives at 221 West Mechanic Strt, Rockton, IL 61072-2422. in green fields on West Neck Road. ga('send', 'pageview'); 3 From Arrow Player: Sweet Sugar, Girls Nite Out and Manhattan Baby, Little Cat Feat: Stephen King's Cat's Eye on 4K UHD, Serious Comedy: The Wrong Arm of the Law on Blu-ray, DC Showcase: Constantine - The House of Mystery and More on Blu-ray, Monster Fun: Three Monster Tales of Sci-Fi Terror on Blu-ray, State of the 70s: Play for Today Volume 3 on Blu-ray, The Movie Damned: Cursed Films II on Shudder, The Dead of Night: In Cold Blood on Blu-ray, Suave and Sophisticated: The Persuaders! in Writing (2014). Debi defies the odds, doing farm chores in exchange for training and earning the emotional and financial support of an African-American entrepreneur with similarly humble beginnings. A medical examination finally reveals that she suffers from epilepsy and the doctors advise her against show jumping. It was interesting to see how the people around her reacted to Debis dogged determination, from her father (who refused to support her) and Elysse (a rich, privileged show jumper who makes fun of Debi) to Mr Valentine and Lauren (a trophy wife and fellow jockey). Now Connor and Second Honeymoon are getting to know one ``I believe in destiny and it has When she finally comes to, Debi sells her top prize-winning horse Touch of Class to her co-trainer, who takes the horse to the Olympics and wins a pair of gold medals for the USA. Joe showed her some, and Conrad showed her some. Connor said. Buy Horse Racing Widescreen DVDs and get the best deals at the lowest prices on eBay! m=s.getElementsByTagName(o)[0];a.async=1;a.src=g;m.parentNode.insertBefore(a,m) Later Connor stood to the side of the bars and coached Carrion astride ``From a logical point of view we need more time,'' Connor said. Join Facebook to connect with Debi Walden and others you may know. They will attend all the major Grand Prix events between now and next Date of birth: 6.2.1985. Back home, the Olympics are once again Connor's focus. Olympics when fate cruelly interrupted Connor's first Olympic dream. Through this blog, she will write about some of the top Thoroughbreds in the history of showing. I was given the opportunity to review it by Mongrel Media Inc. in conjunction with Graf-Martin Communications, Inc. Something went wrong. The horse went perfectly. ``She's just like him except she's a girl,'' said Connor is a Portsmouth native and daughter of the late Larry Weldon whom Unlike Connor and other United States Olympic hopefuls, Still the three have to meet their country's minimum criteria on The Daily Caller | 1775 Eye Street NW | Suite 1150-290 | Washington, DC 20006. I was fortunate to grow up along the southern coast of California riding hunters with max Bonham at Coto de Caza and Kenny Nordstrom at diamond bar. Ten of Bernies Favorite Videos on EquestrianCoach.com, Bernie Traurig (Hunter, Jumper, Equitation), Dino Fretterd (Certified Equine Massage Therapist), Cynthia Martinez (Equine Transactional Law), Julie Winkel (Hunter, Jumper & Equitation Judge), Jennie Carleton (Equestrian Sport Writer & Historian), Cori Christmann (Rider, Trainer & Lead Blogger), Robert Gage (Judge, Trainer & Course Designer), Julie Winkel (Hunter/Jumper/Equitation Judge), Marianne Taylor (Thoroughbred Lover & Historian), Visit Bernie's Clinic & Workshop Page for a Full Calendar, Training a Young Thoroughbred that is Fresh Off the Track. It also demonstrated emotional abuse by Debis father but seemed to accept that as standard family dynamics. A "Sunday Horse" features a well-known cast, including Nikki Reed (Twilight), Ving Rhames (Mission Impossible), Ryan Merriman (Final Destination), and screen legends William Shatner (Star Trek) and Linda Hamilton (Terminator). Learn how your comment data is processed. executive producer Fred T. Kuehnert . A Sunday Horse Synopsis Debi Walden grew up in a middle-class family. The email address to contact Debi is debi.walden@gmail.com Main Address 221 W Mechanic St, Rockton, IL 61072 County: Winnebago County FIPS: 172010040021075 Possible connections via main address - Latitude, Longitude: 42.453761, -89.074843 Phone (815) 922-4691 Possible connections via phone numbers - Randy Walden, Debi Walden Email With the new ownership in place and Joe riding, Touch Of Class moved up to the Grand Prix level in 1982. Photo by Alice Conroy Donovan. Despite strong opposition from her father (Gary Grubbs) and sceptical stable boss Bonnie . co-producer / line producer William Earon . At Washington International, Kittys winning ways continued as she won the very prestigious Presidents Cup and was part of the winning Nations Cup team, as she also was the next week at the National Horse Show in New York. He built a small cabin on land owned by his friend Ralph Waldo Emerson and was almost totally self-sufficient, growing his own vegetables and doing odd jobs. Showjumping is enjoying an unprecedented era of prosperity and prestige, revelling in its status as a chic, big-city affair that marries athletic prowess with high-stakes panache. Copyright 1995-2023 eBay Inc. All Rights Reserved. They each owned equal shares. I believe they'll try harder if they love you.''. Frances Rowe and Sally Dohner bought her from Mr. Dugan, and then sold her to Janet Nonni. She had a business, buying and selling And the talk on the circuit turns from Who does this blond wannabe think shes kidding? to Who is this country girl and how is she winning with these non-pedigreed rejects? They earn grudging respect from riders, trainers, and established owners alike, and suddenly theyre the team to beat. Inspired by the true story of the talented, driven horse rider Debi Walden. The excitement was palpable! Aston Le Walls Equestrian. They were immediately successful and were picked for the World Championships in Dublin that Summer as part of the United States Equestrian Team. Conrad on Abdullah was clean. Read more. The plot was solid (hard not to be when based on real life), and most of the acting was excellent. Touch Of Class was inducted into the Show Jumping Hall Of Fame in 2000. The director is Vic Armstrong, renowned stunt coordinator and second unit director on hundreds of films including Indiana Jones films, Terminator 2, Mission Impossible 3, and six James Bond movies. The film is based on true events inspired by the life of Debi Connor. making a grand champion is a 10 in a million proposition. As for Katarina, she didn't impress me much that night. Debi Connor works out with Twiggy in a staff photo by STEVE EARLEY. Debi defies the odds against her - first by becoming a top competitor in a field reserved for the wealthy, and then by surviving a near-fatal riding accident. Photo by J. Gilchrist. Take 50 on Blu-ray, Your Rules are Really Beginning to Annoy Me: Escape from L.A. on 4K UHD, A Woman's Viewfinder: The Camera is Ours on DVD, Chaplin's Silent Pursuit: Modern Times on Blu-ray, The Ecstasy of Cosmic Boredom: Dark Star on Arrow, A Frosty Reception: South and The Great White Silence on Blu-ray, You'll Never Guess Which is Sammo: Skinny Tiger and Fatty Dragon on Blu-ray, Two Christopher Miles Shorts: The Six-Sided Triangle/Rhythm 'n' Greens on Blu-ray, Not So Permissive: The Lovers! Photos by Pansy Brandt Winters Photography. anonymously, also is a part of the selection process. It was heartbreaking through the movie to watch most of the people around her tell her she couldnt do it, even after she begins to prove them wrong. Free shipping for many products! horses from all over the United States. associate producer Dahlia Waingort Guigui . (i[r].q=i[r].q||[]).push(arguments)},i[r].l=1*new Date();a=s.createElement(o), When Debi and her horses make the U.S. Olympic team, her dream is within her grasp, but an accident during a training exhibition leaves her comatose and paralyzed. As for Connor herself, shes still completely immersed in show jumping. Or you can order it on Amazon (links in post). As Debi competes more, she finds and trains a second last chance horse. After her extraordinary performance, she was named the first non-human US .