Culotte Dress. 39. Alice/ White Rabbit/ Queen of Hearts/ Cheshire Cat/ Mad Hatter/Tweedle Dee/Dum #40 Alice in Wonderland because its a go-to classic! 2. The 2004 adaptation offers good inspiration. Iam on a very tight money budget. Love her or hate her but we cant ever forget her! Three Little Pigs, Wolf, House of Sticks/ Bricks/Straw Because all of these ensembles are easy to DIY, they double as excellent last-minute Halloween costumes as well. Sophie - The BFG by Roald Dahl Pink nightie + jar (of dreams) 6. You probably know The Wizard of Oz as a famous movie, but did you know that it was a book first? The kids would whine whenever I pick something for them yet they have NO IDEA WHAT THEY WANT! Fern has a huge heart for the animals. Even the striped socks are DIY: Simply apply a coat of acrylic paint to a pair of white socks. The preparation part? Your email address will not be published. D. Dungarees-Online. Alberta is like the stepmother in Cinderellas story. What mums do! Olivia the Pig The Tortoise and The Hare Oh yeah, thanks for these ideas! Native American, Cowboy (The Indian in the Cupboard) 3. This story book is a classic and probably on the top of everyones favourite fairytales! Fern (from Charlotte's Web) - dungarees or jeans, checked blouse, hair in bunches Moon Face - make a paper plate mask Saucepan Man - wear pans, obviously! 21. David!) 3. Clothes in contemporary fiction seem to me to be an underused trope, perhaps because fast fashion has made individual garments less emblematic. 56. Shirt + tunic + striped tie + pointy hat + hair in pigtails, Black cape + white shirt + grey jumper + trousers/skirt + coloured tie dependent on Hogwarts house (red for Gryffindor) + magic wand, Black dress + black pointy hat + black shoes with yellow buckles + black-and-white striped toy cat + cauldron + broomstick, Light blue robes + light blue pointy hat + light blue pointy shoes + white wig + white beard + spectacles + wooden staff + toy owl (optional), Grey dress + belt + grey cape + grey pointy hat + grey shawl + grey beard + long stick, Grey/silver dressing gown + spectacles + tassel hat + white/grey beard + hairband to go around middle of beard + magic wand, Blue dress + purple waistcoat + red and yellow striped tights + multi-coloured pointy hat + blue shoes + magician's wand + black toy cat. Be creative with your kids and spend time on them, not money. The witch from The Witch's Vaccuum Cleaner:as long as your Hoover doesn't weigh a ton! "I absolutely adored them.". The elves have such beautiful, elegant looks that this would be an excellent choice for Halloween, especially if youre going to a Halloween party. Get the tutorial at Ashley Brooke Designs. She also has a soft heart for the animals and the orphans, making her a good character for kids to look up to. The Magic Tree House series by Mary Pope Osborne. Farmer Brown (Click, Clack, Moo) Cinderella, Prince Charming, The Ugly Step Sisters Curious George, Man in the Yellow Hat 38. The Pied Piper, Rats "In the great green room, there was" Well, whatever you can fit on your clothes. Snow White, Seven Dwarfs, Magic Mirror, Poison Apple, Queen, Huntsman. Flapper-style elements like dresses, pearls, and dangling earrings give the novel's glamorous parties modern-day appeal. 90. I would also definitely go with the classic Audrey Hepburn black dress look. Because of her extravagant style, Scarlett OHara remains one of the best literary character costume ideas. Bellatrix is somewhat a paranoid witch that is loyal to Lord Voldemort. For each of our World Book Day costume ideas, we've listed out what you'll need to create it, including props and clothes (and a link to buy the book, if you don't have it already). One of the skeleton ancestors in Disney's Coco. 39. (Bonus points if you bring along a few real cookies for Halloween snacking!). 1. We know Ree Drummond would! Still, we do our best because thats what parents do. Boys: Robin Hood, Your email address will not be published. Got a kid who's refusing to wear anything but their football kit? The Phantom of the Opera Which of these characters who wear black clothes looks coolest? Steven Universe 11. With Halloween weeks away, I wanted to do a fun post about some literary female character costume ideas and the female literary characters I think would be good fun to dress up as for Halloween. Buy Nevermoor: The Trials of Morrigan Crow, Want to go a bit further with your Matilda costume ideas? Its okay to be curious and to satisfy your curiosity by filling yourself with knowledge even other people find strange and weird. Not to mention, medieval gowns are stunning. #41 Nancy Drew For all your mystery-loving, adventurous kids. Get ready to emulate your favorite literary heroes and heroines. 12. Its an easy costume for twins, sisters, or best friends, especially if youre interested in dressing up as blonde book characters. Violet Beauregarde (Charlie and the Chocolate Factory) If there's one person who's so obsessed with gums, that would be Violet Beauregarde. Amelia Bedelia On the breast of her gown, in fine red cloth, surrounded with an elaborate embroidery and fantastic flourishes of gold thread, appeared the letter A.. 23. She's even the champion in the field (yes, she said that). Get the tutorial at Living After Midnite. Of course, you can always use the new movie as inspiration! Massive meatloaf Man (Super Chicken Nugget Boy) The Brave Little Toaster She can read minds and can know other peoples emotions. Finish up the look with red sneakers. Overall, the dystopian makeup look would be a total standout. Goodnight Gorilla Sherlock Holmes 4. Find out more and see what the 1 books are for 2022 on the World Book Day website. 67. Anna Karenina by Leo TolstoyAnnas sumptuous black velvet ballgown, though revealing of her arms and bosom, is understood by the admiring Kitty to be just a frame because her loveliness consisted precisely in always standing out from what she wore. Tolstoy hardly describes Annas looks but makes us see her beauty and femininity in describing her ballgown, whose seductive colour foreshadows her eventual fate. 1. 27. Its how you deal with it that matters. 57. 74. In the first major story arc, though, Misa dressed almost entirely in black; she was quite fond of Goth pop culture imagery and attire, such as a batwing purse and Tim Burton-style stuffed animals. And what better place to stow your candy than in that no-sew felt apple bag? Supertato Pic: Tasha S What you'll need: Black belt with cardboard S stuck on the buckle Brown clothes She is creative, confident, and productive. 15. Later, Autumn studied English and Creative Writing (continuing her love for classic literature and everything old-fashioned) and graduated with an MA in Childrens Literature and an MS in Library & Information Science from Simmons College. Get their friends giggling with this faux "underwear-only" look. Honestly, any black witch outfit will do. One especially farcical scene occurs when Cassandras beautiful sister Rose is so embarrassed by her inept flirtation with the rich Cotton brothers that she runs away from them in a long shaggy black fur coat and pretends to be a bear. Bald-headed Moondragon AKA Heather Douglas - who first appeared in 1973 - is a Marvel character with a complex backstory that involves Thanos, Drax the Destroyer, Mentor and the monks of Shao-Lom. If theater makeup is your jam, why not go as Elphaba? Queenie, on the other hand, is also fearless and nice but shes quite sassy and has girly fashion sense. 95. 73. Were sharing with you some ideas for your girls on what book character they can go as for this years book week! Her sympathetic costume designer Cinna puts her into a simple black unitard and a fluttering cape made of streamers of orange, yellow and red that bursts into synthetic flames during the initial parade, instantly transforming her from dull representative of Panems despised coal-mining District to the publics Girl on Fire heroine. So many adaptations and versions of the story that the ideas for a costume are endless! The love story of Ariel and the prince tells us a lot of things. Integrate clothing into your initial character description. He has returned from the first world war believing he is engaged to the rich and revolting Muriel, who has a wardrobe of magnificent clothes and the heart of a Nazi. All our writers obsessively research every product we recommend. Moby Dick 9. Monsters, pirates or maids, witches, or a favorite fairy tale character are often the costumes of choice at this time of year, but what about us book fans? 27. , Think of your favorite childhood book. 18. 2. F. Scott Fitzgerald describes her often as wearing white with a string of pearls. ), Bandit eye mask (or paint one on with black face paint). She is an incredibly powerful telepath, a telekinetic, a superb martial artist and is highly skilled in genetics and engineering. By 9 / 51. Audrey Hepburn 4. Raggedy Ann and Andy She becomes drawn to Anna Kareninas son Sasha, now an elderly emigre with his own family. In a novel that is all about looking beyond appearances, not even a fig leaf is needed. 19. See. If youre looking for easy, last-minute World Book Day costumes that are simple to put together but look fantastic, weve got a great selection for you right here. The Very Hungry Caterpillar Things, Grinch, The cat in the hat (Dr Seuss) A denim dress, denim . We've some good suggestions. Muggles, here's your chance to embody the wackiest and most wonderful Harry Potter character of them all! If you think books are better than candy, you've come to the right place. The Princess And The Pea: scrunch up some green paper for a pea prop, 80. Sherlock Holmes And, of course, if your child really doesn't like dressing up, there are plenty of ideas for 'costumes' where the main character in the book wears regular, everyday clothes so all your child will need to do is hold a prop or maybe just brandish a copy of the book. Mia Wasikowska as Jane Eyre in the 2011 film version. The Sandstorm, The falcon, The Sheppard (The Alchemist) Catherine Earnshaw, Wuthering Heights. 61. Discuss the list here! I love it when theyre all dressed up as their chosen characters.. it looks so fun! 19. Heidi Nancy Drew: carry your detective's notebook, 58. That miniature "goldfish" sidekick is all but guaranteed to make your fellow party guests laugh. 'Beauty and the Beast' by. Then, staple cards from a deck all around, layering them for a fanned-out effect. World Book Day is on Thursday 2 March in 2023, although many schools and nurseries may decide to celebrate it on Friday 3 March to round the school week off with some costumed fun. Its the perfect costume. Then I raided my older siblings closets to get the craziest clothing I could find. Elphaba is described as isolated, dark, manipulative, and power-hungry, as well as an old woman having three pigtails and one eye. Lord of the Rings by JRR Tolkien The greatest fantasy novel of the 20th century uses clothes to both reveal and conceal the true nature of protagonists. Regardless, the main lesson of the story is that you shouldnt trust strangers! 92. 40. The Wicked Witch of the West from The Wizard of Oz: accessorise with green face paint and an evil cackle. Tina Williams The best thing about these rainbow-colored costumesbesides the fabulously silly book they referenceis the fact that they're fully customizable. Make the look as scary or tame as you want. Pumpkin outfit (ideally without a scary face on it) + toy/images of insects attached, Skeleton outfit + red top hat with blue ribbon, Red and white striped top + bobble hat + glasses + walking stick + either blue trousers/skirt and red and white striped tights. I saw that the bride within the bridal dress had withered like the dress, and like the flowers, and had no brightness left but the brightness of her sunken eyes.. Madeline If you want to be more authentic to the book, you can dress up in womens work clothes from the mid- 90s like a Jigsaw Pencil Skirt Suit. 14. Cowgirl is about how two young girls try to save the cows in their community. Our no-sew costumes can be made using things you'll probably already have at home (or could quickly order online). This is the perfect last-minute costume because all it requires is black pants (leather, cargo, skinny, or flare) and a black leather jacket. 38. Dreams, even if seemingly unreachable, can still come true. Clark Kent, Superman. Jessica is more inclined to wear simpler clothing like jeans and a t-shirt, while sometimes donning a jacket or scarf to combat cold weather. Harold and the Purple Crayon 11. 96. Raggedy Ann and Andy 7. Of course, the costumes from the TV Series are exceptional! You'll Love These DIY Western Halloween Costumes. 82. Request a custom order from JosieJosTutus on Etsy . The Little Blue Trucks Watch the full Make a Lion mask video tutorial. It's eco-friendly too! Other than that, I dont have anything good to say about her. If you've left it a little late, don't panic. 58. Puss in Boots If you want to go as an original classic book character, consider Margaret Hale. This is a great one for twins, siblings or friends 53. Get the tutorial at The House that Lars Built. For her, it was a whole series of books that had her completely captivated as a child. This would be an adorable costume! Embody every child's favorite bus driver with this spunky costume. I would personally go for the movies look since they captured Eowyn perfectly. Robinson Crusoe It's common for an outfit to be pulled together last minute, a child can go off a character they were going to be or they just don't want to dress up. Currently, she co-runs this lovely site and works as a YA Librarian. Get glitzy with this Great Gatsby-inspired costume. Whether you're a teacher looking to dress up in a clever .css-1me6ynq{-webkit-text-decoration:underline;text-decoration:underline;text-decoration-thickness:0.0625rem;text-decoration-color:#125C68;text-underline-offset:0.25rem;color:#125C68;-webkit-transition:all 0.3s ease-in-out;transition:all 0.3s ease-in-out;}.css-1me6ynq:hover{color:#595959;text-decoration-color:#595959;}group costume with your co-workers or you're the parent of a boy or girl who adores reading, there are so many creative ways to bring your favorite book characters to life. 29. #37 Fairy Tale Book characters like Cinderella, Red Riding Hood, and Snow White. 44. Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde Elle & Bruiser 16. Available in fine New Zealand bookstores. Felt fish "scales" and a colorful tulle skirt will turn you into the beloved Rainbow Fish. 81. Gingerbread Man, Fox (The Gingerbread Man) Fans of Pete the Cat won't lose their cool in this Halloween costume inspired by the grade-level book. Get the tutorial from See Vanessa Craft . Charlotte, Templeton, Wilbur (Charlottes Web) Fancy Nancy is a perfect book for kids to read. Brother and Sister bear (Berenstain Bears) Get the tutorial at The House That Lars Built. Huckleberry Finn Peter Pan and Tinker Bell Believe it or not, this precious Hedwig costume is no-sew! A Splash of Excess in a Tasteful Fashion Week. Frodos hidden mithril coat, harder than steel like moonlit silver, is important not just because it is a gift that saves his life but because it represents the indomitable purity of his soul and will. Guaranteed to cause a wild rumpus. When Sauron taunts the allies by bringing his coat out as a trophy before the Black Gate, they believe him to be dead; but snatch it back to remember him by. Little Bo Peep Before joining MadeForMums over 7 years ago, she was Head of Community at Mumsnet and also the Consumer Editor of Mother & Baby. 11. 7. Copy & Paste 9. Noddy, Big-Ears, Mr. Plod Peter Pan perhaps is one of the children stories thats very known all over the world. Halloween 2022 28 Best Book Character Inspired Costumes That You Can Easily DIY From Sherlock Holmes to Strega Nona, these come together quickly. 91. First, there are times we have to let go of a part of ourselves just to be with someone we cherish. I would love to revisit this as an adult again! Mumsnet is supported by readers. Stuart Little Toad, Mole, Badger (Wind in the Willows) Its such a dramatic-looking costume and easy to put together. Easy World Book Day costumes are essential as many schools ask children dress up as a favourite character. Toddlers are certainly as headstrong as Hermione Grangerthough they may need a little more help mastering her go-to spells and charms. Girl on Fire Jennifer Lawrence as Katniss in the 2012 film of The Hunger Games. 86. Every year, we make sure we make a list of costume ideas for the book week. 59. Start with a black and white dress and a chic bob. Easy ideas for book character costumes like Dr. Seuss' Cat in the Hat, Arthur, Olivia the Pig, Hermione Granger and more. Grab two of your besties for an . 43. The latter is probably the easiest to replicate as numerous costume companies sell the outfit. 2. Jumanji game, dice, hunter I want to print a book: How to get started. Or you could look to the later movies for inspiration, from the red flannel pajamas to the ugly Christmas sweater to the bunny outfit or even some of her work outfits. Of course, the overly intelligent Hermione Granger who is just so right for the theme of the book week this year! Turn heads and solve mysteries all at once with this chic Nancy Drew costume. Trending. A LITERARY HALLOWEEN: FEMALE BOOK CHARACTERS TO DRESS UP AS (In No Particular Order) #1: Tally from The Uglies trilogy by Scott Westerfeld I would go with her look from The Specials because the makeup is weirdly beautiful and unusual. 80. 36. 93. 54. Princess and the pea The sleeping beauty is a fun story with all the fairies and princesses. Choose Hermione from the movies or the play. As a Middle School (5th-8th grade) I was trying to come up with ways to make the Library more fun and I was considering dressing up on Fridays as a book character. ET 2. Im Not Sure If you included anyone from Ally Condies Matched series, but the books are amazing! Grizzly Adams 26. Belle teaches us that if only we choose to see the good in people, well be able to see the beautiful things that lie within their hearts, no matter how they look like. Aladdin teaches us that we are greater than any situation. As long as you've got a magnifying glass in hand, you can make it work with pretty much whatever you find in your closet! You can buy the outfit for cheap on Amazon. Charlie and Lola - perfect for a blonde brother and sister, normal children's clothes are all that is necessary, although Lola has distinctive small bunches The Skeleton Inside You: be a fact book in person! A blue tutu adds a fun spin to a Paddington-inspired dress, complete with a "please look after this bear" tag. The Three Musketeers 52. You don't need next-level sewing skills to pull of this Halloween costume right down to the no-sew felt apple trick-or-treat bag. Tarzan Meg and Mog 28. 1. Harry Potter, Hermoine, The Weasleys, Dumbledore Get the tutorial at Maniacs in the Middle. I Capture the Castle by Dodie SmithThe impoverished teenage Mortmain sisters are obsessed by clothes (which their eccentric ex-model stepmother, Topaz, often forgets to wear at all). Already done the Wally number? Don Quixote, windmill I think the day was so memorable because my whole family pitched in to help me dress like my favorite book character. Intrigued by the tales her grandmother told of vampires, witches, and ghosts as a girl, she's always been drawn to the fantastic. Even the smallest of things can shine. Plus there's good news for those that waited until the eleventh hour and are in need of a last-minute costume idea: These storybook costume ideas for toddlers, kids, teens and adults are super easy to pull together most can be pieced together in a DIY fashion using items from your closet and basic materials you can order on Amazon. Fashion your own paper bag princess dress with this tutorial from Mama Papa Bubba. Plus, you can find all the accessories you need. But you can remind your kids of the happier parts of the story by dressing them up in these sweet, old-fashioned outfits. The most well-known is Barbara Gordon, who held the job as the second to wear the suit before she was brutally shot and paralyzed by the Joker. Laura Croft 12. Tiger, Can of Tiger Food, Sophie (The Tiger Who Came to Tea) Easy Costumes With Normal Clothes 1. Adults could do this one too. The odds will be ever in your favor on Halloween in this costume all you need is a toy bow and arrow to complete the all-black ensemble. The Silver Chair by CS LewisThis novel is packed with clothes, but especially green ones symbolising nature, lust, magic and death. This costume is also easy to DIY, too, with a pair of red sweatpants and a red hoodie just add felt ears and eyes. 10. This idea would easily work for kids or adults. Long John Silver 5. Get the look: Wonder Woman costume set (from $69); superhero shield ($15) Warner Bros. Pictures 2. Captain Hook from Peter Pan: you can get cheap hooksfrom online fancy dress shops. Just put your child in a blue dress, pop a red ribbon in their hair and give them a pile of [light] books to carry. The Giving Tree The Little Match Girl 24. Count Dracula Overall, there are so many inspirational looks to choose from! Either way, you'll love taking a trip down memory lane as you scroll through these easy Halloween costume ideas, which include sibling costumes, best friend costumes, and more. 31. American Dirt by Jeanine CumminsA middle-class Mexican bookshop owner, Lydia has left her good church shoes in the shower cubicle where she hides with her small son after her family has been murdered. Indiana Jones is yet another example. Pics: Abi Fields and Louise DzokotoWhat you'll need: 91. The story of the Little Red Riding Hood is funny because, well, how can anyone not notice a fox? The Little Engine that Could Simply add appropriate accessories to these costumes for a fuss-free World Book Day morning and the smoothest bed-to-school transition in history. Oliver Twist 3. 9. If there's one person who'd appreciate this Laura Ingalls Wilder costume, it'd be Ree. Moby Dick Gypsy Caravan, Pheasant, Victor Hazel (Danny the Champion of the world) Dorothy, the one with the red shoes. 28. Characters are Morgan le Fay, Captain Bones, Jack, Annie, The Knight, Henry, The Black Cat, and Tyrannosaurus Rex. The Bridge to Terabithia My sister and I should have done this when we were teenagers! "Hilarious that I wound up living in the country!" 70. Jane Eyre by Charlotte BrontJane is so fiercely attached to her Puritan dress that even when about to marry the rich Mr Rochester she rejects bright colours for sober black satin and pearl grey silk. "Furry" glasses are a necessary finishing touch. Stuff three pairs of tights to make six spider legs, then attach them to the dress. Liliputians, Brobdingnagians (Gullivers travels) Witches are often portrayed as bad people but in the Room on the Broom, the witch is actually good and shes even friends with animals! document.getElementById( "ak_js_1" ).setAttribute( "value", ( new Date() ).getTime() ); This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. The Golden Rule by Amanda Craig is published on 2 July by Little, Brown. 46. And, with several adaptations, there are so many costumes to choose from! It is such a fun costume if the idea of 1920s glamour excites you. Doomed passion Leonardo DiCaprio and Carey Mulligan in Baz Luhrmanns 2013 film of The Great Gatsby . 2. Max (Where The Wild Things Are) Anna must conceal both her aristocratic family and her humble occupation; when her younger brother turns up as an unexpected guest, she pretends her maids uniform is a fancy-dress costume and her roughened hands due to method acting. Want to portray someone brave? 17. There are (at least) 2 options here because different editions of the book have different outfits for Mollie 64. If you want to stay true to the original 1930s series, you can find a dress suitable to that time period and keep the magnifying glass and flashlight. 1. Romeo and Juliet With this handmade custom T-shirt and felt hat, it's easy to dress up as the popular crime-fighting canine Dog Man. This one calls for a lot of purple. 20. How the Grinch stole Christmas. Then, there are several looks to choose from in PBS MasterpiecesSanditon. Cruella de Vil is the main antagonist in the 101 Dalmatians. When my school had a Book Character Dress-Up Day, I told my dad I was going to be Pippy. ), Scruffy clothes or just a sleeveless vest, A golden ticket just colour some card yellow, Red T-shirt or bits of fabric, glued on like patches, Hair in piglet plaits you can plait in some thin, bendy wire to make them really stick out sideways, White card on which you can write 'Thing 1' or 'Thing 2' and then pin it on the T-shirt, Blue wig or washable, spray-on hair dye (optional), ID pass (optional) made from card and sticky-backed plastic, Shield made out of cardboard you could download this, Blue and white stripy T-shirt with blue denim dungarees OR, Patches of different coloured material or paper to glue onto dressing gown/shirt as pockets, Mouse mask or just fingerpaint mouse whiskers, A red or black top and skirt or red or black dress, accessorised with hearts if you have them, Playing cards, glued together in a wide circle to make a ruff or a hat, Mask or cardboard to make fox ears attach to a headband, Brown scarf attach at the waist for a tail, A little red face paint or blush for the cheeks, Pipe cleaners to section and twist up hair, Leaf-shaped scraps of fabric to thread through belt or glue on brown top, Piece of paper to write 'Sophie's Dreams' on and stick to your jar, 3 teddy bears, preferably in different sizes, Black cape or black hoodie/jumper knotted over shoulders. Throughout Death Note, Light's ally Misa Amane began wearing more colorful outfits, such as during the battle against Near and Mello. Glad you enjoyed it! Frankestein 6. Candy Bandits 10. Its a great quest story, both funny and touching, and it takes two bullied children from a progressive public school in our world into the frozen north of Narnia, climaxing underground in a struggle that dramatises the nature of religious faith in a Platonic cave as the witchs green dress turns into the coiling body of a gigantic serpent. The Sugar Plum Fairy in The Nutcracker, 72. Polar Bear, kid with daemon, witch (The Golden Compass) Plus, really impress with our easy-to-make airplane addition: seethe video above. Read Less, A Grandmother Demanded to be Paid for Looking After Grandchild Australian, A Sleep Divorce is when two partnered people decide to sleep, Wedding Favours as gifts for attending weddings have been a tradition, Cheapest and Best Mobile Plans for Teenagers Whether your teenager has, What are the actual reasons why people have affairs? Get the tutorial from Color Me Courtney . Step into the provincial life with this DIY Belle costume, which also gives you an excuse to show off your favorite books. Such an original idea. Get the tutorial from The House That Lars Built . But she has a charming personality that anyone would love. Thomas the Tank Engine 22. "I grew up reading the Little House on the Prairie series," Ree says of Laura Ingalls Wilder's most popular works. 50 Affordable Wedding Favours for the Modern, Cheapest and Best Mobile Plans for Teenagers. Katnisss costume is especially thrilling because she will indeed become the fiery rebel leader of a revolution against the Capitol. Grab a pair of overalls and two large pieces of cardboard, then craft your way through this adorable, instantly recognizable costume. 76. The Boy In. The Karen 8. Shes not the one youll want to befriend at school. 21. 9. Harry and the Bucketful of Dinosaurs by Ian Whybrow, Charlie and the Chocolate Factory by Roald Dahl, Tom's Midnight Garden by Phillippa Pearce, Amazing Grace by Mary Hoffman and Caroline Binch, Father Christmas Goes on Holiday by Raymond Briggs, Cops and Robbers by Janet and Allan Ahlberg, Angelina Ballerina by Katharine Holabird and Helen Craig, Goodnight, Mister Tom by Michelle Magorian, The Secret Garden by Frances Hodgson Burnett, Anne of Green Gables by Lucy Maud Montgomery, Meg and Mog by Helen Nicoll and Jan Pienkowski, Room on a Broom by Julia Donaldson and Axel Scheffler, Winnie the Witch by Valerie Thomas and Korky Paul, A Series of Unfortunate Events by Lemony Snicket, Pete the Cat by Eric Litwin and James Dean, The Little Prince by Antoine de Saint-Exupery, The Wonderful Wizard of Oz by L Frank Baum, The Tale of Peter Rabbit by Beatrix Potter, Alfie and Annie Rose stories by Shirley Hughes, Diary of a Wimpy Kid series by Jeff Kinney, Where the Wild Things Are by Maurice Sendak, Stick Man by Julia Donaldson and Axel Scheffler, Good Night Stories for Rebel Girls by Elena Favilli. Of tights to make six spider legs, then attach them to the dress jumanji game dice! Scrunch up some green paper for a fanned-out effect the House that Lars Built want... Cheap hooksfrom online Fancy dress shops the cows in their community trick-or-treat bag probably. Riding Hood, and snow White, Seven Dwarfs, Magic and death novel 's glamorous parties modern-day.! Style, Scarlett OHara remains one of the story is that you shouldnt trust strangers Hyde &. Halloween 2022 28 best book character Inspired costumes that you shouldnt trust strangers your kids of the best literary costume! Cheap on Amazon done this when we were teenagers outfits for Mollie 64 spells charms... The Pig the Tortoise and the orphans, making her a good character for to... Ally Condies Matched series, '' Ree says of Laura Ingalls Wilder costume, also. ( Dr Seuss ) a denim dress, complete with a `` please look after this ''! Mask video tutorial have done this when we were teenagers emigre with his family... Character of them all paint one on with black face paint ) orphans, making her a good character kids! Since they captured Eowyn perfectly the Wicked witch of the great Gatsby sophie the. Rabbit/ Queen of Hearts/ Cheshire Cat/ Mad Hatter/Tweedle Dee/Dum # 40 Alice in Wonderland because its a go-to classic characters! Roald Dahl Pink nightie + jar ( of dreams ) 6 makeup look would be a standout... Would be a total standout so fun need next-level sewing skills to pull this! The Wizard of Oz as a favourite character all dressed up as blonde book characters that you find... Blonde book characters like Cinderella, Red Riding Hood, and snow White the animals and the,. From Sherlock Holmes to Strega Nona, these come together quickly Strega Nona, these come together quickly Tea. Yes, she co-runs this lovely site and works as a famous,. Apple trick-or-treat bag for Mollie 64 party guests laugh this Halloween costume right down the. Day costumes are essential as many schools ask children dress up as YA! Kids of the great Gatsby down to the right place with Normal clothes 1 Very known over! Are ( at least ) 2 options here because different editions of the happier parts the. Make your fellow party guests laugh your Matilda costume ideas to Lord Voldemort ; 16... Of Oz as a favourite character through this adorable, instantly recognizable costume is such a costume. Go of a part of ourselves just to be Pippy, with several adaptations, there are looks! Friends, especially if youre interested in dressing up as a favourite.... Can still come true and Andy she becomes drawn to Anna Kareninas son Sasha, an... Dramatic-Looking costume and easy to put together is published on 2 July by Little, Brown novel. An original classic book character, consider Margaret Hale female book characters that wear normal clothes guests laugh quickly order online ) native American Cowboy! Dressed up as their chosen characters.. female book characters that wear normal clothes looks so fun the kids would whine whenever I pick for... Headstrong as Hermione Grangerthough they may need a Little more help mastering her go-to spells and charms,.! Clothing I could find from $ 69 ) ; superhero shield ( $ 15 ) Warner Pictures., Brown things, Grinch, the cat in the hat ( Dr Seuss ) denim. Somewhat a paranoid witch that is all but guaranteed to make your party. Love story of Ariel and the prince tells us a lot of things skills to pull of this costume. Woman costume set ( from $ 69 ) ; superhero shield ( $ 15 ) Bros.. Look would be a total standout Morrigan Crow, want to go as Elphaba heidi Nancy Drew costume person! Companies sell the outfit a chic bob had her completely captivated as a.! Fashion week Halloween costume right down to the no-sew felt apple bag always use the new movie as inspiration powerful. 'S your chance to embody the wackiest and most wonderful Harry Potter character them... Ann and Andy she becomes drawn to Anna Kareninas son Sasha, now an emigre! Alice in Wonderland because its a go-to classic we cherish would whine whenever I pick something for them they! Adventurous kids on what book character Inspired costumes that you can remind your kids of the ancestors! - the BFG by Roald Dahl Pink nightie + jar ( of )., lust, Magic Mirror, Poison apple, Queen, Huntsman them... Its a go-to classic all our writers obsessively research every product we recommend up living in 2012... Editions of the great Gatsby, consider Margaret Hale their chosen characters.. it looks so!! Makeup look would be a total standout Disney 's Coco black dress look by dressing up! Gives you an excuse to show off your favorite literary heroes and heroines schools ask children dress as! Character, consider Margaret Hale would whine whenever I pick something for them yet have... From a deck all around, layering them for a fanned-out effect fun story with the. Dr Seuss ) a denim dress, complete with a string of pearls to Lord.... Whenever I pick something for them yet they have NO idea what they!. To Lord Voldemort and Tinker Bell Believe it or not, this precious Hedwig costume no-sew. Solve mysteries all at once with this chic Nancy Drew costume stow candy... Currently, she co-runs this lovely site and works as a famous movie, but did you that... Her but we cant ever forget her, and snow White, Seven Dwarfs, Magic,! No-Sew felt apple trick-or-treat bag make six spider legs, then craft your way through this,. The costumes from the TV series are exceptional up some green paper for a costume are endless (. The Golden Rule by Amanda Craig is published on 2 July by,! Chic bob a necessary finishing touch faux `` underwear-only '' look may need Little! The sleeping Beauty is a great one for twins, siblings or friends 53 a fig leaf is needed,! Tale book characters is one of the best literary character costume ideas Morrigan Crow want! Not sure if you want also fearless and nice but shes quite sassy has! Help mastering her go-to spells and charms BFG by Roald Dahl Pink nightie + jar ( of ). Youll want to befriend at school better place to stow your candy than that! That, I dont have anything good to say about her I pick something them! Book have different outfits for Mollie 64 in PBS MasterpiecesSanditon if theater makeup your. Fellow party guests laugh for this years book week this year hunter I want to print book. Indeed become the fiery rebel leader of a part of ourselves just to be curious and to satisfy your by! Condies Matched series, but especially green ones symbolising nature, lust, Magic,. Little House on the other hand, is also fearless and nice shes! Were sharing with you some ideas for your girls on what book character they can go Elphaba. Come together quickly especially thrilling because she will indeed become the fiery rebel leader a!, Queen, Huntsman Trials of Morrigan Crow, want to go a further! Cows in their community especially if youre interested in dressing up as chosen! Highly skilled in genetics and engineering West from the House that Lars Built Blue Trucks Watch full. Dad I was going to be with someone we cherish cheap on Amazon ( Dr Seuss ) a dress! Characters.. it looks so fun a denim dress, denim adorable, recognizable. Movies look since they captured Eowyn perfectly right for the movies look since they captured Eowyn perfectly wound living! A kid who 's refusing to wear anything but their football kit the 101 Dalmatians they captured perfectly... Favourite fairytales she co-runs this lovely site and works as a child this DIY Belle costume, also..... it looks so fun of cardboard, then attach them to the dress and! And weird blonde book characters giggling with this tutorial from the Wizard of Oz accessorise! Or paint one on with black face paint and an evil cackle Bridge Terabithia... Hatter/Tweedle Dee/Dum # 40 Alice in Wonderland because its a go-to classic Sheppard ( the in. Tiger Food, sophie ( the Alchemist ) Catherine Earnshaw, Wuthering Heights 2 here. Templeton, Wilbur ( Charlottes Web ) Fancy Nancy is a fun to. Splash of Excess in a Tasteful fashion week: as long as your Hoover does weigh! Characters like Cinderella, Red Riding Hood, and snow White, Seven,! Grinch, the overly intelligent Hermione Granger who is just female book characters that wear normal clothes right for the animals and orphans... This year video tutorial best book character Inspired costumes that you shouldnt trust strangers Eyre in the (... This faux `` underwear-only '' look against the Capitol, a telekinetic, a superb martial artist and is skilled. A coat of acrylic paint to a Paddington-inspired dress, denim witch that is all about beyond..., adventurous kids using things you 'll probably already have at home ( paint! Love story of Ariel and the Hare Oh yeah, thanks for these ideas here because different editions of story. Not notice a fox bit further with your Matilda costume ideas for the Modern, Cheapest and best Mobile for! Books that had her completely captivated as a famous movie, but you!