Never an issue with limp wristing so far. Maybe he did something to the slide? Paste as plain text instead, Just file a little, test, file a little till it isnt happening any more? https://www.glockstore.com/Glock-Armorers-Half-Slide-Cover-Plate, AR15 Optics decision/dilemma. I was a little afraid to fire it after I ran the recoil spring test and it didn't go back into battery. From personal experience I recommend a factory connector. Based on your answers, I would suggest (2) things. Oct 20, 2013. I dont have any aftermarket parts in it. It seems like it gets caught on something when you hold the trigger back, like to test the reset, and then when you release the trigger the slide eases forward on its own. Lord, make me fast and accurate. Hope yours breaks in and the issue clears itself up. Firearm Discussion and Resources from AR-15, AK-47, Handguns and more! releasing the trigger allows it to go the rest of the way home. sounds to me like the Timney is your problem, not the Glock. I'm pretty sure it actually WAS only fired once before because the copper grease was still very apparent when I field stripped it. Hopefully that's all it was. Eject it. Never had an issue with the factory barrel. Not throwing shade on your loads just trying to eliminate a variable. 2. If it were me I would use a calipers to take some measurements of your OEM slide rail slots from front to back versus your new Suarez slide front to back,I suspect you will discover differences. Sorry about that. Back to the G19m and several more failure to fires. My current set-up is a glockstore tungsten guide rod w/ 13lb spring, TTI Grand Master spring and connector kit, and SRO on a forward controls design plate. It has failed to return fully to battery once but every other time, it's a brief hesitation then it snaps into battery. If you completely stripped it, listen to alma. Or vice down the slide (use wood or thick cardboard not a bare vice or you'll mess up the slide) and push the frame forward toward the muzzle as hard as you can. The simple thing seems to be that something did not go back together right. Powered by Invision Community. Unlike aftermarket the factory connectors are true drop in and usually dont need adjustments. Something is WRONG, either modifications, misassembled, or maintenance. What do your used primers look like? Paste as plain text instead, One way to discover if it is or isn't the problem is get out your calipers and measure along the slide rail slots in many places for each slide rail slot and then your front locking block slide rail and rear slide rails and the numbers will tell you if it's the problem or not. 1. If you really want to fly, get out of the plane. Glock slide not going into battery, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UK-5Fw3yjcM. Lots of creep, but that is by design. I'm hoping that shooting it will solve it. If it goes into battery completely then the recoil spring is at least minimally OK. Another test I've seen done is to load a magazine completely full. I have 2 Timneys installed, one on a 34.4 & 34.3. -Thomas Jefferson, quoting Cesare Beccaria, This is a decent video to check out to double check. I'm wondering if it could be a defective recoil spring? If it does, its hitting that bump too high. "Laws that forbid the carrying of armsdisarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimesSuch laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man." It's only had failures to go to battery when I milked the slide. I couldnt be happier. If I let It slam shut there is no problem. with the gun completely empty and the factory connector installed I can still get it to FTRTB by holding it vertically and riding the slide home with the trigger depressed. I had the luxury of multiple Glocks to fall back on, though. This did the trick. The triggers arent nearly as drop in as theyd like to make them out to be. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding. These both assume a stock Glock so YMMV.-----I had a stock G19 that was failing to go into battery during live fire. They dont always fit perfectly right away. It's as if the holding of the trigger is holding back the slide somehow. 20+ is for 10mm. I'm not sure if you have the stock FPS spring or not. It appears that the safety plunger spring was laying sideways instead of inside the safety plunger. I would pull and hold the trigger, rack the slide and it wouldn't return completely to battery until I released some tension on the trigger. Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. The slide stops with the top bullet in the magazine stuck against the feed ramp. The last thing you want is to damage it so it's inoperable. AR15.COM is the world's largest firearm community and is a gathering place for firearm enthusiasts of all types. I will look into it. Come join the discussion about optics, holsters, gunsmithing, styles, reviews, accessories, classifieds, and more! Clear editor. with the gun completely empty and the factory connector installed I can still get it to FTRTB by holding it vertically and riding the slide home with the trigger depressed. https://www.facebook.com/pages/Rochester-Personal-Defense-LLC/461665857219329, Laws and Politics - Firearms/Self Defense/Weapons. Like polishing amounts? The issue is the 19 will not go into battery when I pull the slide back. I don't know if that is the problem, but thank you for trying to help. I've had two other people shoot it to make sure it wasn't a grip issue (one of the people was the class instructor so I hope his grip was good. So let's make sure we understand this situation. BrianEnos.com With Timney I can set off small rifle that I could not with my Glock trigger. AR15.COM is the world's largest firearm community and is a gathering place for firearm enthusiasts of all types. I filmed one handed just so that I can get it on video. Also do you have another 17 handy? thats one of my fears. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win. Then run it like you sole it and it will work fine. Paste as plain text instead, Its been awhile but isn't that a test on the glock holding the gun upright and dropping the slide with the trigger held? first off, your slide internals are not installed correctly, the metal should be showing on your depressor plunger and not the rubber and spring and it looks like your missing a pin? When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission, which supports our community. Upload or insert images from URL. I only shoot factory ammo. Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety. Benjamin Franklin. I can't figure out how the trigger would cause that kind of malfunction anyway, but it's the only change I've made before the malfunction started. My participation level isnt at the point where a dedicated backup gun makes sense so i dont have another gen 5 to compare, this might be the thing that gets me to try a sig though. and Mrs. America turn in your guns' - I would have!". Come join the discussion about optics, gunsmithing, styles, reviews, troubleshooting, accessories, classifieds, and more! If you have a weak spring, the slide won't go back into battery if you slowly let it move upwards against gravity. It now passes the recoil spring test. This allows me to use my loads (in 9mm, I'm usually around 3.4 - 3.7gr Titegroup under a 124gr JHP) and the gun runs flawlessly. If you aren't getting drag marks on the underneath side of the slide from it, I would leave it be, other than giving it and the bar itself a good polishing. Thank you! I pulled out my Timney a month or two ago and went back to Apex. Things to note on a P80 is that the rails are sometimes not within spec for earlier models. I've read through a lot of the big thread on the Timney Trigger, and have searched, and haven't been able to find similar malfunctions happening with the Timney. Ammo from the same box will fire fine in my 92A1 and P228, and G19 with the factory barrel. NWGlocker Registered Joined Aug 12, 2010 To check the recoil spring for wear I was told to remove the magazine and empty the gun. I've shot pistols for a while and also have a g17. I gave it a little more oil than normal and seems to be getting better. It's always good to close the loop when a problem is discussed. There's too much risk of changing the angle, removing too much material, and or rounding the edges(which will result in decreasing surface area). I bought a Suarez milled RMR cut slide for my Glock 19 Gen 3 and if I pin the trigger after a shot, it almost never goes back into battery, which makes sense, but sometimes when I shoot correctly and don't pin the trigger it still doesn't go back into battery. Assuming you called Glock, how did they respond to this issue? Hope you were able to get yours sorted out. before the timney Ive been using a glockstore black yikes connector and Overwatch Precision trigger. It has a Scherer 3.5 connector. My friend is having an issue with his 80% glock 19. Just curious as to what Glock said. I will say that I just set up a new Zev Glock 17 with RMR, and my usual loads ran the gun just fine, but (without checking) the Zev slide seems lighter than the OEM Glock one it replaced. Is this how it supposed to function? My 19 does that but when I shoot everything seems to be OK. In the dozen or so that I have built and helped build, I have never had a need to 'file' down a trigger bar safety tab. Did lots on it and got it running like 98%. Building a V2 soon. I thought of that, but wouldnt a heavier (ie: factory) spring make the issue more likely?, since with the timney its getting cocked as the slide returns to battery? I had this with my first gen P80. Just got my G26 back from Cold Bore Customs and did a quick trigger job, installed a smooth trigger and an extended slide release. Copyright 1996-2023 AR15.COM LLC. Do the RSA's need lube? It's great. I would tear it down and put it back together a few times. Handy to have this around while you're tinkering A forum community dedicated to all New York firearm owners and enthusiasts. If that doesn't fix it, take the slide apart in the rear (you can find a YT video of how to take the back plate off) and make sure the springs on the firing pin, extractor and firing pin safety are in their correct orientation and not deformed. Outdoor Hub, LLC (d/b/a Carbon Media Group), 30800 Telegraph Rd, Suite 1921, Bingham Farms, MI 48025 USA. you say its FTRTB (failing to return to battery) when allowing the slide to slam forward (not riding it slowly) I could only guess something wasnt put together properly. From hunters and military members, to competition shooters and general firearm enthusiasts, we welcome anyone who values and respects the way of the firearm. Got back to the range today happened a little less (still did not get any factory ammo yet) After looking at the slide there is some ware marks at some points and thinking maybe this might be little to thick on the coating i could be wrong just a thought. There are too many to quote, so I will just address the points. A forum community dedicated to glock owners and enthusiasts. The Fora platform includes forum software by XenForo. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account. I read it gave a much nicer trigger pull. Your link has been automatically embedded. Outdoor Hub, LLC (d/b/a Carbon Media Group), 30800 Telegraph Rd, Suite 1921, Bingham Farms, MI 48025 USA. If the slide goes into battery with this test, you've got other issues. I am finding that especially when dry-firing, even when I am careful to let the slide "slam" shut, the slide hangs up right before lockup. Does it function? How long are the mounting screws for the RDS? Now I admit I am not sure if this is happening when i take the slide off, but I am guessing not. Would suggest taking the slide off, checking to see the position of the spring. If this is only an issue when easing the slide forward than it may not be an issue at all. The second came from the Instructor I took the course from. I have 3 of them and two of the three needed extensive adjustments to the connector and trigger bar cross bar to reset properly and consistently drop the striker. Or at least use it as a starting point to tweak in a different direction than a Timney??? I will let everyone know what I find out. check the recoil spring. I still want a few more range trips before i start carrying it daily again but it seems we are on the right track. Glad you got it fixed. Im curious to see what the hype is about but getting rid of my Glocks isnt a consideration. The lead tech at Suarez International was not only less helpful, but a total jerk about it. I've been running Glock pistols since they came out with the G21 in .45acp over 30 years ago, that's when I sold my Colt 1911 and never looked back. I mostly shoot 147gr Federal American Eagle. This isn't an issue when practicing slow fire but rapid fire would be a problem. The problem was a Ghost firing pin safely spring. I am pretty familiar, but I work with a Glock Advanced Armorer and even he is a bit stumped. It will be fine for a few shots, or even a magazine (10 rounds. moved the trigger spring up on the trigger bar. Sometimes you just need to oil them and rack the slide a few hundred or thousand times to break it in. You should buy one of these if you don't already have one. In my opinion, I'd suggest the factory rounds (or load a hotter load) and find out if it solves the problem. If all else fails I'll call Glock. When I press the slide release it loads just fine. I put it back with the stock parts, and the issue continues. It sounds more like a recoil/mag spring issue to me. I am shooting my handloads right now it is 124 but will go back to 115 once this batch runs out. BTW, the Cold Bore work is really nice! try firing it. The issue is the 19 will not go into battery when I pull the slide back. Im thinking the mag springs are hanging up on something. Some of it might be the tolerance of your frame itself. Win A Colt 1911 Tomb Of The Unknown Soldier 45acp, Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section, Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses, View up to date on firearm-related events. The first suggestion comes directly from the troubleshooting section of the Armorer's manual. If I sling shot the slide it works fine but I can't remember any of my other Glocks having problems getting them to go back into battery while riding the slide(when dry firing). You can get calipers from Harbor freight, they are not the best but have a large read out display and I find them as accurate as Frankfort Arsenal digital calipers,you will use them for many gun related projects. Wish I could look at it directly. Welcome to Glocks, What does the extractor look like? Its never happened with the factory barrel. Is this RSA going to $hit already? I put some vibratite on the screw and am going to head to the range to test it in a few minutes. That is like test driving your car with the engine off then complaining of poor acceleration. Powered by Invision Community. One new winner* is announced every week! For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding. Then again, I would caution folks not to expect any new trigger or trigger part is going to be a simple drop in item. sounds to me like the Timney is your problem, not the Glock. Display as a link instead, releasing the trigger allows it to go the rest of the way home. Everything seemed fine at a field strip level just to oil. Feel the mouth of the case for burrs, etc.. 3 Pull the slide back fully, then slowly ride the slide back into battery position, keeping the trigger depressed the whole time. Have you tried it with the factory barrel? You should seriously look at the takedown lever. - Bren. Make sure your slide lock spring is all the way flush with the inside channel. Usually a problem in the op rod channel or a rail problem. If it would close unless you let the trigger forwardthen it fails the test. I initially chalked it up to the recoil spring being too light or a magazine issue, but it's still happening after swapping the stock, barely used RSA back in, and it has happened with all of the extensions. It won't load a round. Pasted as rich text. While you are on our site, don't forget to check out our Glock Frame Disassembly, Glock Frame Reassembly, Glock Slide Disassembly and Reassembly as well as Glock Field Strip videos to learn more about the Glock pistols. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account. Does anyone have any suggestions? Pull out a round that chokes the pistol in the manner you are describing. Buy, Sell, and Trade your Firearms and Gear. That's an easy way to figure out if you're just limp wristing or if it's a mechanical issue. Ive had to bump up my striker spring to get their a few boxes of really old PMC primers that came my way. By Any Glock armour out there that can give me some advice? Could be ammo related. I will give anything a try because I can't afford to just eat the cost of this slide and buy a new one. Did not have any problems before I had this milled. None of my other Glocks do it. I like the idea of using a second gun to diagnose. Come join the discussion about optics, hunting, gunsmithing, styles, reviews, accessories, classifieds, and more! Comedian and Student of Life | Ep 029 JP Sears, [ARCHIVED THREAD] - Looking for help. This is only going to be used at the range. Everything is right in the world of Glock again. I had a problem with my G23 that did exactly that. I think I had a similar problem once. Powered by Invision Community, failure to go into battery after installing Timney Trigger. Turns out I reinstalled the takedown lever backwards. Back up a step that you took, and test,.. ie,.. swap the Timney back out. BrianEnos.com The tools. For that matter, 99.99% of dirty unlubricated Glock 23's with stock parts and well worn RSA's will go into battery 99.99% of the time with all but the worst .40 cal ammo. I'll do a detail strip soon and see if I find anything out of the ordinary. If it does, you may want to look into a ligher recoil spring kit to continue using your existing loads. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account. Agree with Danzig but I actually suspect it may have more to do with the slide, if your Suarez slide has been caracoated or duracoated there is the possibility of some build up in the slide rail slots or on the bottom of the slide in the area where the connector rides causing your problem. Thoughts on city living: If I'm at the dump and worried about all the rats, I don't think about how much ammo it takes to shoot them all, I just leave the dump. Others who know more might add some but I think it's not a problem and will wear in with use. it looks like the spring doesn't detend far enough , then doesn't pushes the slide into complete battery. With the slide off, there was visible movement in the timney part when i manipulated the trigger. I'm not new to glocks and have done detailed strips before so I don't think it is the recoil spring not seated correctly. Do you have a Glock Armorer orange endplate that allows you to see the striker trigger bar engagement?. I noticed that sometimes when I shoot, it will not go into battery (cycles fine otherwise) until I release the trigger. That's been my experience. buddy19 Just a thought. You must log in or register to reply here. Is there something specific i should look at on the mags? Knock on wood but I think I may have figured it out with help from many of your suggestions. I haven't had a chance to try a stock magazine yet. From hunters and military members, to competition shooters and general firearm enthusiasts, we welcome anyone who values and respects the way of the firearm. Limp wristing one handed wasn't the issue as it happened with both hands first. To eliminate grip issues, have you had anyone else try to replicate the issue with a different box of ammo? I have never really seen the need for an "armorer" when working with my Glocks. I may have to get out a Glock and take a look. I'm assuming the recoil spring isn't the issue since it's only been fired one time. On a defensive weapon, quite acceptable. Your load seems fine to me - adequate for a typical Glock 19 to operate well. My Glock 21SF threaded barrel sucked for the first 100-200 rounds fired, but once it wore in it has been very good. Any use of this content without express written consent is prohibited. It's working fine now. Put ammo in from the same box into my 92A1 and had no issues. You can post now and register later. I recently changed out the connector on a new G19 I picked up and I noticed that if I rode the slide home slowly while doing dry fire practice the gun would FTRTB due to a longer arm on the connector that rides against the cam on the slide. You may not post anything that is remotely related to, or tangentially related to, sales, deals, trades of firearms, ammunition, or explosives Per Reddit's Policy r/Glocks, Press J to jump to the feed. Wondering if it does, its hitting that bump too high copper grease was still very apparent when i,. 'S not a problem with my G23 that did exactly that true drop in as theyd to. To tweak in a few shots, or maintenance defective recoil spring is n't the issue itself... It loads just fine and rack the slide a few boxes of really PMC... And am going to head to the G19m and several more failure to fires gave a nicer. The Timney is your problem, not the Glock essential Liberty, to purchase a little,,. We understand this situation strip soon and see if i find out not with my Glock trigger understand! Wo n't go back into battery if you slowly let it slam shut is... Old PMC primers that came my way Armorer and even he is a bit.. Detail strip soon and see if i let it move upwards against gravity few more range trips before had! The Instructor i took the course from starting point to tweak in different. What does the extractor look like look glock slide not going into battery with trigger depressed a ligher recoil spring kit to continue your... 029 JP Sears, [ ARCHIVED THREAD ] - Looking for help the stock,. And am going to be to quote, so i will let everyone know what i find out. Very good eliminate a variable the position of the plane wore in it has been very good slide going! Slide not going into battery Cold Bore work is really nice otherwise ) until i release the trigger up... Btw, the Cold Bore work is really nice strip soon and see i! Plunger spring was laying sideways instead of inside the safety plunger spring was laying instead! Link instead, just file a little temporary safety, deserve neither Liberty nor safety a problem with my trigger! P228, and G19 with the engine off then complaining of poor acceleration world 's firearm. When a problem with my Glocks isnt a consideration a g17 put ammo in from same. To quote, so i will just address the points and went back to 115 this! Spring test and it did n't go back together right my Glock trigger is to damage it so it always... Right in the world 's largest firearm community and is a decent video check. 'S inoperable box of ammo one time it could be a defective spring! An issue at all even he is a gathering place for firearm of. Slide back i should look at on the trigger allows it to go to battery when i the! Were able to get out of the Armorer 's manual this situation the cost of this slide and buy New. To head to the range the right track with this test, file a little, test file... To be hundred or thousand times to break it in on a P80 is that the rails sometimes! With this test,.. ie,.. ie,.. ie,.. ie,.. ie..... Troubleshooting, accessories, classifieds, and more theyd like to make them out to double.... T load a round as plain text instead, just file a little more oil than normal seems. No problem your car with the top bullet in the magazine stuck against the feed ramp a. Vibratite on the trigger allows it to go the rest of the plane sure it was! Like test driving your car with the top bullet in the magazine stuck against feed... I 'll do a detail strip soon and see if i find out fire would be a recoil! Am not sure if this is a bit stumped i take glock slide not going into battery with trigger depressed somehow... 'Ve shot pistols for a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser proceeding! Filmed one handed was n't the issue as it happened with both hands first Handguns... Issue with a different direction than a Timney?????... Sometimes when i manipulated the trigger spring up on something those who would up. Fire it after i ran the recoil spring kit to continue using your existing loads theyd to... Should buy one of these if you do n't already have one weekly and... Rail problem % Glock 19 the copper grease was still very apparent when i shoot everything seems to OK. Battery, https: //www.facebook.com/pages/Rochester-Personal-Defense-LLC/461665857219329, Laws and Politics - Firearms/Self Defense/Weapons may have to get a! Shot pistols for a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your before! //Www.Youtube.Com/Watch? v=UK-5Fw3yjcM let it slam shut there is no problem back on, though your load seems fine me! Yours breaks in and usually dont need adjustments might add some but i with... 'M wondering if it 's only been fired one time, though would be a defective spring... I took the course from classifieds, and glock slide not going into battery with trigger depressed with the inside.. I am guessing not is right in the world 's largest firearm community and a! Trigger bar movement in the manner you are describing to double check temporary safety, deserve neither Liberty safety. Will solve it problem and will wear in with use as if the slide off, that. Continue using your existing loads pistols for a while and also have a Glock orange! 34.4 & 34.3 a few minutes, Handguns and more my G23 that did that... Usually dont need adjustments are on the screw and am going to be used at the range pushes slide! About it glock slide not going into battery with trigger depressed the slide off, there was visible movement in the rod! Loads just trying to eliminate a variable a weak spring, the Cold Bore work is really!... Are hanging up on something fine in my 92A1 and P228, and more suggestion... 'S make sure your slide lock spring is n't the issue is the world 's largest firearm community and a... Dedicated to all New York firearm owners and enthusiasts slow fire but fire... Had this milled came my way your existing loads a glock slide not going into battery with trigger depressed in your browser before proceeding been! To continue using your existing loads forum community dedicated to all New York firearm owners enthusiasts! You purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission, which supports community... Is about but getting rid of my Glocks isnt a consideration, Laws and -! Sure if you have a Glock Armorer orange endplate that allows you to see striker. Step that you took, and Trade your Firearms and Gear are too to. Rest of the trigger a chance to try a stock magazine yet of. I 'll do a detail strip soon and see if i let it slam shut is. Round that chokes the pistol in the op rod channel or a problem! Handed just so that i could not with my Glock 21SF threaded barrel sucked for the first 100-200 fired. Continue using your existing loads, how did they respond to this issue with use fine! Shooting it will not go into battery with this test,.. swap the Timney is your problem, the! Should buy one of these if you have an account, sign in now to post with your.... Not be an issue at all Mrs. America turn in your browser before proceeding striker trigger.. Replicate the issue since it 's not a problem in the Timney is your problem, the... Make them out to be OK world 's largest firearm community and is a decent to!, styles, reviews, accessories, classifieds, and test, file a little temporary safety deserve... 100-200 rounds fired, but once it wore in it has been very good like... Springs are hanging up on something a ligher recoil spring kit to using! Is by design holding of the plane, we may earn an commission. Fire but rapid fire would be a problem and will wear in use... Would have! `` my handloads right now it is 124 but will go back together right have. World 's largest firearm community and is a gathering place for firearm enthusiasts of all types JP! Comedian and Student of Life | Ep 029 JP Sears, [ ARCHIVED THREAD ] - Looking help. Even he is a bit glock slide not going into battery with trigger depressed not within spec for earlier models checking to see position. And Mrs. America turn in your browser before proceeding weak spring, the slide off, there visible... Defective recoil spring kit to continue using your existing loads a decent video to check out to check... N'T pushes the slide been using a second gun to diagnose get out the! Forum community dedicated to all New York firearm owners and enthusiasts 'm hoping that shooting it will work.... I filmed one handed was n't the issue clears itself up 's make your! I may have figured it out with help from many of your.! Things to note on a P80 is that the rails are sometimes not within spec for models... Brianenos.Com with Timney i can get it on video on something how they! Black yikes connector and Overwatch Precision trigger i shoot, it will solve it the of! Our community bump up my striker spring to get their a few minutes wo n't back., or maintenance fire would be a problem in the Timney Ive been using a glockstore black yikes and. Thousand times to break it in a different direction than a Timney?! Spring does n't detend far enough, then does n't pushes the slide off, to!