What do you mean funny, funny how? The actor, who died today at age 67, will live on forever in Martin Scorseses biographical crime-drama as Henry Hill, a young Italian-American man who grows enamored with the local Mafia while growing up in Brooklyn in the 1950s, motivating him to join and rise through the ranks. One day, some of the kids from the neighborhood carried my mothers groceries all the way home. Come on, fuckos, let's go for a ride. | This ain't right, Paulie. That's when I knew that Jimmy was gonna whack Morrie. A young Henry gets himself pinched for selling cigarettes, but Jimmy isnt madrather, hes glad for the opportunity to teach his young apprentice the cardinal rule(s) of the wiseguy. You got money for that fuckin' commercial. Tommy DeVito: [Narrating] [narrating] Jimmy was the kind of guy that rooted for bad guys in the movies. Theres no more iconic scene in Goodfellas than this one, in which Pescis mercurial character feigns steadily mounting rage in response to Henry casually calling him funny. You took your first pinch like a man and you learn two great things in your life. See? It means that nobody can fuck around with you. The scene draws on a similar incident from Pescis actual youth, with the actor improvising most of his dialogue in rehearsal. So what does she do after she hangs up with me? These are the guys Jimmy put together for what turned out to be the biggest heist in American history: the Lufthansa heist. Karen: Funny how? My house was in my mother-in-law's name. You don't buy anything, you hear me? What - what is the fuckin' matter with you? [Tommy mocks at Spider] I make you laugh, I'm here to fuckin' amuse you? [as Paulie is being arrested] Everybody wanted to be nice to him. "Don't yeah, yeah me."- Henry Hill. "Look what this fucking mutt did to my shoes.". Only in this case, Goliath triumphs. I didn't say a thing. Ya motherfucker! No I didn't insult him. I never agreed to 3 points on top of the vig! Come on. Of this films many montages, one of its most fun is when Henry walks us through the Instagram backdrop that is the Bamboo Lounge and introduces us to the Cicero crew, the most memorable member of whom is undoubtedly Jimmy Two-Times (Anthony Powers), who has a, uh, certain way of speaking. For a film abundant in bloody violence, GoodFellas is not short on humour. Police Detective: 8) Never rat on your friends and always keep your mouth shut. Jimmy Conway. It's funny, you know. It's okay. But he's crazy, he's a cowboy, he's got too much to prove. And almost all of them were named Peter or Paul. -I'm stirring it. [Frenchy is describing a large shipment of cash at Idlewild Airport to Jimmy and Henry] Give us a drink. [a detective tastes the residue in a pan]. Business bad? The pivotal scene also marks a crux in the movie where things start taking a turn for the worse. All they got from Paulie was protection from other guys looking to rip them off. He knows everything about it. Tying up a loose end after the multi-million-dollar Lufthansa heist, Tommy delivers a cleverly stone-cold line before whacking Stacks Edwards (Samuel L. Jackson). The films iconic opening line is spoken by Henry as hes stuffing a body in the trunk of his car, his face lit up by its red rear lights. 'Yellowstone' Return Date Info, When Does The Next New Episode of 'Yellowstone' Air on Paramount Network? Dance. Henry Hill: It turned me on. Hey! I got to admit the truth. [narrating] Jimmy had never asked me to do a hit before, and now he's asking me to go down to Florida with Anthony to make a hit. Oh, oh, Anthony. One dog goes one way, the other dog goes the other way. Tommy DeVito. [Cuts to Henry and Tommy hijacking a truck]. Nunzio, up in agh! I do a lot of fucking favors for you, don't I? I mean, they were suckers. Stop with those fucking drugs. Tommy DeVito: He can go to Paulie. By the time I grew up, there was thirty billion a year in cargo moving through Idlewild Airport and believe me, we tried to steal every bit of it. Henrys quote, juxtaposed with this tragic twist, shows definitively that in this life, trust and loyalty dont pay. Jimmy Conway tells Henry these rules as his mentor, elder and superior. After a heated exchange between an erratic Henry and a dead-pan Lois, he agrees to drive to her house and retrieve the hat of course, hes arrested on the way. [Karen buzzing over and over on her husband's girlfriend's intercom] I thought he was gonna shit! Add your tomatoes (fresh or tinned), caramelised meats and the garlic liquor from your frying pan, stir this through, place the lid back onto the pan and cook on a really low slow heat for 2-3 hours. The actors mercurial character had audiences on edge with his unhinged response to Henry casually calling him funny. What are you, a fuckin' sick maniac? 2,641, This story has been shared 1,996 times. When Henry picked me up, I was dizzy. 3. Oklahoma Kid. Now, if anybody was listening, they'd know everything - they knew a package was leaving from my house - they'd even have the time and flight number, thanks to her. For us to live any other way was nuts. Connections Give me the fuckin' money, You hear me? Killing's got to be accepted. Tuddy Cicero: Billy Batts: No, we had a problem and uh, we tried to do everything we could. Goodfellas ends with Henry griping about his boring new life, hidden away in suburban purgatory by the grace of the witness protection program. Jimmy Conway: Ya stuttering prick ya. You get it straightened out? Get the fuck outta here! He said, "No, you're gonna tell me something today, tough guy." Where you going? You're gonna dig the hole. Goodfellas is Pastes top movie on Netflix right now, but be warned: It leaves the streamer on April 30, so you might want to (re)watch it while you can. Hes a goodfella. Theres no action. [narrating] He used a razor, and he used to slice it so thin that he used to liquefy in the pan with just a little oil. We were good fellas. What's the matter with you? Morrie: You wasted eight fuckin aprons on this guy. We paid off lawyers. Good for you! I have to wait around like everyone else. It was a very good system. I'm sorry. She'll never divorce him. Tommy DeVito: "I settle down with a nice girl every night, then I'm free the next morning.". Jimmy Conway: The keys to a dozen hideout flats all over the city. That fourth wall break!of one of films finest directors. Jimmy Conway: Morrie: Jimmy Conway: Just you know, how you tell the story, what? It turned me on., 7) Im gonna go get the papers, get the papers." And you see anybody fucking around with this shit, you're going to tell me, right? I don't shine shoes anymore. What are you talking about? Why don't you go fuck yourself, Tommy? I get to live the rest of my life like a schnook. Henry Hill. They all had bad skin and wore too much make up. And when the cops, when they assigned a whole army to stop Jimmy, what'd he do? I got no fuckin' lime. If we wanted something, we just took it. And Tommy, he's a good kid too. She'll kill him but she won't divorce him. Billy Batts: Karen: If they'd been wiseguys, I wouldn't have heard a thing. He's one of us." Henry Hill: His mind was going in eight different directions at once. Im gonna go get the papers, get the papers. Jimmy Two-Times. Anthony Stabile: Her fucking family, they live in the Five Towns there. - Henry Hill. It was outta respect. Henry Hill. [slaps him] I mean, they were suckers. Who the Hell do you think you are? You borrowed Jimmy's money, pay him. Listen, I ain't gonna get fucked like Gribbs, understand? We were good fellas. I got respect for this kid. Its better than waiting in line. Henry Hill. What did ya say? Henry and Karen (Lorraine Bracco) enter the famed New York City nightclub through a service entrance, strolling right through and up to the front row just in time to catch the one-liner king do his one-liner thing. Sure, mom, I settle down with a nice girl every night, then I'm free the next morning. Ha ha ha ha. Tommy DeVito: Now I want to talk to you about Jimmy, you have to watch out for him. He's a big boy, he knows what he said. 3. They didn't look very good; they look beat up. Tommy DeVito: Theres something uncanny about hearing a films title spoken in the movie kind of like an aha moment that you smile to yourself about. [Tommy severs Morrie's brain stem from behind with an ice pick]. Frankie Valli or some kinda bigshot? Youre really funny., This story has been shared 5,638 times. Fuck you, pay me. Henry Hill. "I'm not mad, I'm proud of you. Let's go. I want to talk to you! Johnny Roastbeef: [narrating] Like you said to, uh, somebody, "You're gonna like this guy. Plus, they were all married to girls named Marie. Here's an arm! Henry Hill: The foundation awards 130 to 140 fellowships annually, and there are 4,132 living fellows. [about Morrie's corpse] [narrating] I'll fuckin' kill you, get the money, you fuckin' cocksucker, you hear me? Hey, what's that movie that Bogart made? He's a good earner but he's wild, takes too many chances. Guy Adams looks back on his life, A scene from Goodfellas, the film that immortalised the crime (Wa, Scorsesehad to be convinced he could make De Niro look 30 years younger in the new film. [Grabs telephone cord and chokes Morrie with it, then his wig falls off and Henry starts laughing] Now what the fuck does that got to do with anything? Mine - Go home and get your fucking shine box. Fuckin' commercial, you don't got my money, you don't got my fuckin' money, huh? I mean, he's in the joint 24 hours a day. We paid off judges. Youre a real jerk. It was among the Italians. What the fuck is the matter with you? Goodfellas (1990) clip with quote Tell Lindsey don't let the sauce thicken. Whenever we needed money, we'd rob the airport. Before we know it, he's born again in the flames of an explosion, intoxicated by the fearsome, world-shaping power that comes with his newfound status. I'll fuck him in his ass. Keep that motherfucker here, keep him here! When they found Carbone in the meat truck, he was frozen so stiff it took them three days to thaw him out for the autopsy. Maybe you didn't hear about it, you've been away a long time. Goofs I can't believe this, prejudiced against Ital - a Jew broad - prejudiced against Italians. Oh, it was terrific, yeah. Jimmy Conway: Yeah, you were always fuckin' late, you were late for your own fuckin' funeral. F*** you, pay me. You knew what, Henry? Morrie, please! Henry Hill: Three small onions. Make that coffee to go. As far back as I can remember, I always wanted to be a gangster. Henry Hill. [Talking about point shaving] To become a member of a crew you've got to be one hundred per cent Italian so they can trace all your relatives back to the old country. Alternate Versions I'm not talking about what you did inside, you did what you had to do, I'm talking about now, from now, here and now. Henry Hill: Those needle drops! You could fucking come early and then still go. And two minutes later, he's acting like a fucking jerk. Hey Spider, here. What the fuck you looking at? pork sausage links 1 medium onion, chopped. 4,253, This story has been shared 3,375 times. 3,375, This story has been shared 2,960 times. Where's the strong box, you fuckin' varmint, you? Paul Cicero: And that's the hardest part. We leave him in his cookie-cutter neighborhood, a far cry from the decadent trappings of his past, an average nobody with an extraordinary story to tell. That's when I knew I would never have come back from Florida alive. It might not be one of Tommys classics, but this unexpected appraisal of his mothers painting is undeniably one of the best lines in the film. You know, we always called each other good fellas. Do you believe that? Henry Hill: This is for you. "What do you want to tell me now, tough guy?" Karen: Theres no room for weakness in this life, and as soon as you become a liability to your crew, theyll take advantage of any relationship, no matter how meaningful, to get close to you and take you out of the equation. Business bad? You know why? Where you going, you dizzy motherfucker, you? [Speaking through a mouth full of pasta] 1,014, This story has been shared 982 times. [to Henry] Henry Hill: What's the matter with you? What's the fuckin' matter with you? What it might be most of all, though, is a bounteous cornucopia of iconic quotes. Henry Hill: Martin Scorseses Oscar-winning 1990 crime drama Goodfellas, inspired by the true story of Irish-Italian mobster-turned-states witness Henry Hill, is widely considered one of the best gangster movies ever made, right up there with the Godfather films at the subgenres zenith. Jimmy Conway: [Morrie jokes at the table] I should fucking kill you! Paul Cicero: Karen: [voiceover] If anyone complained twice they got hit so bad, believe me, they never complained again. Tommy DeVito: 'Mandalorian' Season 3 Release Time, 'Sanditon' Season 3 Trailer Delivers All The Heybourne Feels, 'Real Housewives of Atlanta' Star Drew Sidora Is Finally Getting Divorced From Ralph Pittman, 'RHOBH' Star Garcelle Beauvais Pledges That She and Erika Jayne Are "Trying to Be Open" in Season 13 After Nasty Feud, Where to Watch 'South Park' Meghan Markle and Prince Harry Episode, Meghan McCain Calls Out Former 'View' Coworker Joy Behar for Her "Evil" East Palestine Comments, Where Is Hoda Kotb? obvious - But, I'm funny how? Hey Frank, let's chop him up. Free cars. They, they used to call him Spitshine Tommy. What started as . Henry Hill: Tommy's Mother: Oh, you had a fire? Jimmy Conway may not be one of the films central characters, but his impact on Henrys character development is huge. Morrie: I'm not mad, I'm proud of you. Add the . Paul Cicero: And then there was Jimmy Two Times, who got that nickname because he said everything twice, like: Jimmy Two Times: You got a little bit out of order yourself. I wouldve been dead. Henry Hill. Jimmy's being an unconsionable ball-breaker. What, do you want me to pay for this shit? Like youd say to somebody: Youre gonna like this guy, hes all right. It's a license to do anything. 973, This story has been shared 930 times. Jimmy Conway: He's all right. The paw. [narrating] Tommy no, you got it all wrong. fucking drive. There was nothing like it. It also means you could fuck around with anybody just as long as they aren't also a member. don't attract attention. He didn't mean anything by it; it was just the way he was. We had a pasta course and then we had a meat or fish. I'm breaking your balls a little bit, that's all. When getting arrested by an army of police officers is, on any level, a relief, maybe its time to reexamine your life choices. [narrating] The way I saw it, everybody takes a beating sometime. I didn't put too much onions, uh, Paul. [narrating] Jimmy Two-Times. Billy Batts: The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel (2017) - S04E08 How Do You Get to Carnegie Hall? I like going this way. I do it all the time. [to the other bar patrons] [view switches to outside of car with view of restaurant, smoke billows from restaurant windows]. You're gonna do it. Now go home and get your fuckin' shinebox. Henry Hill: He was an exciting guy. I'm trying to bang this fucking broad, you wanna help me out! My cars were registered to my wife. Karen: I gotta toughen this kid up. Tuddy Cicero. Only cops talk that way. Running Time: 18:31 Direct Download > E-mail us at contact@goodfellasminute.com BONUS! As far as Jimmy was concerned with Tommy being made, it was like we were all being made. I knew it. Hey fuckhead, I'm talking to you. Yeah, I know what they are, I only use them for certain things, believe me, you don't have to worry. And they always seem to come at a time that youre at your weakest and most in need of their help., I swear to my fucking mother, if you touch her again, YOURE DEAD., Now the guys got Paulie as a partner. Paulie did the prep work. Henry Hill: It was a very good system.". I know there are women, like my best friends, who would have gotten out of there the minute their boyfriend gave them a gun to hide. Young Henry: Now scroll down and read these fuckin quotes, presented in the order they appear in the film. Two jacks stirs the sauce with their arms Goodfellas (1990) 2.7s Tell Michael not to let the sauce stick Keep stirring it Goodfellas (1990) 2.7s Tell Lindsey don't let the sauce thicken. | In a large non-reactive (stainless steel, enameled cast iron) pot, heat vegetable oil over medium-high heat until shimmering. [narrating] Everybody had their hands out. Knowing where this story goes, it almost registers as a tragic momentafter all, Jimmys trust in Henry is what ultimately gets him pinched. Finally add a pinch of salt and the ground black pepper. Does watching gangster-style movies such as Goodfellas make crime more or less attractive? If youre part of a crew, nobody ever tells you that theyre going to kill you. I'm stirring it. Billy Batts: The first time I was introduced to all of them at once, it was crazy. You know these Jew broads got a lot of money. During the films infamous Layla montagesandwiched between Jimmys many Lufthansa loose-end killings and Tommys execution as revenge for Billy BattsHenry takes a moment to explain the bond he shares with his fellow mobsters. Today! I could've jumped the dime a million times, and I wouldn't have to pay tip! I bet twenty, thirty grand over a weekend and then Id either blow the winnings in a week or go to the sharks to pay back the bookies. Relax, will ya? You understand what I'm talking about? Cold comfort, for sure. Karen: Goodfellas (1990) Quotes Showing all 96 items Henry Hill : [ narrating ] You know, we always called each other good fellas. Jimmy Conway: If we wanted something, we just took it. More than any other role in his long and impressive acting career, ray liotta will be remembered for his work in goodfellas.the actor, who died today at age 67 . Mother fuckin' mutt! Drain each batch of. Did I? 1 A Gangster Photo: Everett Collection "As far back as I can remember I. Vinnie, don't put too many onions in the sauce. 1,473, This story has been shared 1,014 times. You gotta watch out for kids like this. Who the fuck asked you anything? No. You know, we always called each other goodfellas. We ran everything. [narrating] You got out of line, you got whacked. The decor of Goodfellas Pizza is humble as typical pizza spots in the neighborhood but also clean & bright. Tommy DeVito: You fuckin' varmint! Truck Driver: I never voted. You're just funny, it's funny, you know the way you tell the story and everything. They're like the police department for wiseguys. Hello? That you have a whore living in 2R! Did I? 2. Only Morrie was driving us nuts - just because he set this up, he felt he could bust Jimmy's balls for an advance on the money we were going to steal. 1,696, This story has been shared 1,536 times. What's the matter with you? What the fuck are you doin'? Everything was for the taking. Twenty five fucking years, pal. Get outta here! Meet Storm Reid, A Monkey Peed in Chase Stokes's Eye While Filming 'Outer Banks', 'Outer Banks' Season 3: That Kiss Between Jonathan Daviss and Carlacia Grant Wasn't in the Original Script, 'Outer Banks' Stars Rudy Pankow and Madison Bailey Break Down JJ and Kiaras "Overdue" Kiss: "I Love That Moment", 'Outer Banks' Stars Chase Stokes and Madelyn Cline Break Down That Cheating Plot: "I Was Really, Really Nervous", '1923' Season 1 Finale Recap: "Nothing Left To Lose", Is 'Yellowstone' On Tonight? For us, to live any other way was nuts. There's only one Irishman in here. You're a pistol, you're really funny. I didn't think there was anything strange in any of this. [hesitating] He cant imagine being a law-abiding goody-good, just like the rest of us cant imagine flouting the law at every turn. Paul Cicero: Jimmy Conway: You got a problem with what I did Anthony? Anthony Stabile: I cant even get decent food. Thirty-five, forty, forty-five, fifty, sixty thousand. [narrating] You should be sorry. Yeah, I know that, I know Jimmy, you think I would take chances like Jimmy? [narrating] There werent any arguments or curses like in the movies. That fake old tough guy! I wouldve been dead., Youre a pistol, youre really funny. Look what this fucking mutt did to my shoes. His world is one in which youre only entitled to what youre willing to take by force, and success on anyones terms but your own isnt success at all. Morrie: [narrating] Jimmy Conway: Paulie (Sorvino) couldnt care less about the Bamboo Lounges success as a legitimate businessall he sees is a big, fat pocket to pick. With your fucking mouth! 5,638, This story has been shared 4,680 times. You said I'm funny. Paulie, why would I want to get into that Paul Cicero: Paul Cicero: Jimmy Conway Goodfellas Quotes 1. Jimmy Conway: Tommy's a bad seed. I don't need that. This is one of this films single most consequential bits of dialoguemade man Billy Batts condescending mockery sets off Tommys hair-trigger temper and gets Billy killed, an act of shocking violence that will later doom Tommy, too. [narrating] When I was broke, I'd go out and rob some more. Give us a drink. Tommy DeVito: They fuckin' whacked him. | "For as long as I can remember, I have always wanted to be a gangster. What the fuck is wrong with that? Henry Hill: We would now have one of our own as a member. Jimmy Conway may not be one of the . F*** you, pay me. This one might be the films most widely recited line: catchy, expletive and straight to the point. He seems entirely unaware of how lucky he is to be there, taking the fact hes alive at all for granted, and yearning for the perks and power of the life he used to lead. [Talking to Henry] Only the Strong Survive "You're a real. Jimmy Conway: Has Tommy ever told you about my painting? Paul Cicero: Didnt matter. Are you stupid or what? What d'you mean? Find the exact moment in a TV show, movie, or music video you want to share. I oughta let him. See? Vinnie: When I was broke, Id go out and rob some more. How many cans of tomatoes you put in there? Paul Cicero: It could be my son, it could be anybody. That's what it's all about. And now it's all over. You may fold under questioning. Easily move forward or backward to get to the perfect clip. [hits the 2R button] I'm the Oklahoma Kid. There must have been two dozen Peters and Pauls at the wedding. Jimmy Conway: [Henry and Tommy just boosted a rig] you don't buy anything, Jimmy Conway: Henry Hill: What ensues is an unforgettable story about the money you make, the bonds you form (and break), and ways a persons life can completely change and unravel in the pursuit of power. [Jimmy and Tommy laugh while Henry coughs]. The ensuing smash cut from Karen hiding the pistol to wrapping a glass at her wedding to Henry says it all. [points] Oh, you had a fire? Jimmy Conway: Gently toss the pasta and sauce to coat evenly. Batts was a made man, and Tommy wasn't. No problem. Tommy DeVito: And there was nothing that we could do about it. Tommy DeVito: Place got hit by lightning, huh? Okay, what? Season 5 Return Date Info, Love 'Yellowstone'? Henry Hill: You know anything about this fucking restaurant business? Spider: [narrating] I don't need this heat, understand that. See, your murderers come with smiles, they come as your friends, the people whove cared for you all of your life. Are you gonna argue with Jimmy Conway? Henry Hill: Pesci could have won his Oscar for supporting actor based on this scene alone. Hey, Tommy, if I was gonna break your balls, I'd tell you to go home and get your shine box. Anything I wanted was a phone call away. Oh fuck! He's a good fella. Its the iconic capper on a brutal, tone-setting opening sequence, establishing immediately and unforgettably that for Henry, there is no life worth living but the life of a wiseguy. [everyone laughs] Gribbs is 70 years old, and the fuckin' guy's gonna die in prison. Yarn is the best search for video clips by quote. It means literally spaghetti in the style of a prostitute. Billy Batts: You, you fucking piece of shit! Don't take no shit off nobody. Tommy DeVito: Paul Cicero: Hey, Henry, Henry, hurry up, will ya? [Tommy holds up a gun at the truck driver he's hijacking] He was doing a year for contempt, and he had this wonderful system for doing the garlic. 3. All Rights Reserved. But now the guys gotta come up with Paulies money every week, no matter what. Just don't go busting my balls, Billy, okay? Good shot. Never rat on your friends, and always keep your mouth shut. Jimmy Conway. You're gonna do it. Henry Hill: Crazy Credits Billy Batts: Want to bookmark your favourite articles and stories to read or reference later? That Pesci and Scorsese can still find a way to humanize Tommy in this moment is remarkable. You know that you're only out early because I got you a job. And now its all over. We hope they amuse. Billy Batts: There weren't any arguments or curses like in the movies. Tommy DeVito: 930, Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window), Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window), Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window), Click to email a link to a friend (Opens in new window), 2023 NYP Holdings, Inc. All rights reserved, Not Quite As Much Of A Country For Old Men: The 2022 Sight and Sound Greatest Films of All Time Poll, Paul Sorvino, 'Goodfellas' and 'Law & Order' Star, Dead at 83, 'Sopranos' Star Tony Sirico Dead At 79: R.I.P. 6) I got to admit the truth. Heat olive oil in frying pan. Tommy DeVito: Wiseguys. YAHOO, YA MOTHERFUCKER! And they always seem to come at a time that you're at your weakest and most in need of their help. Henry Hill: [after Karen points gun at him while he's sleeping] Jimmy Conway: But I'm worried, I mean, I'm hearin' all kinds a fuckin' bad things. [narrating] Tommy DeVito: Email all three documents to admin.meo@kingcounty.gov or mail to: King County Medical Examiner's Office 908 Jefferson St After 1895, Kings Park State Hospital served the counties Today everything is different; theres no action have to wait around like everyone else. Police Detective: "Now go home and get your shinebox!"- Billy Batts. After Tommy shoots low-level wiseguy Spider (Michael Imperioli) in the foot for fetching drinks too slowly during a card game, Tommy taunts the youngster and mocks his injury, in response to which Spider delivers the kiss-off above. Twenty five years, pal, that's what you're looking at. Please stop feeding the dog from the table from the plate on top of it. 5) Why dont you go f*** yourself, Tommy? Spider. Don't give 'em the satisfaction, the fucks. [crying] Tommy DeVito: Im here to fuckin amuse you? By the time I finished meeting everybody, I thought I was drunk. Im an average nobody. Tommy DeVito: Give us a drink. He made 'em partners. The Simpsons (1989) - S20E10 Comedy 1.6s He stirs the sauce. Start your Independent Premium subscription today. Any problems, he goes to Paulie. Jimmy Conway: Fuck you, pay me. Come on, make that coffee to go. I didnt want to get blood on your floor. Tommy DeVito. I'm an average nobody get to live the rest of my life like a schnook. Open the door! Goodfellas, an adaptation of . Henry Hill: This gives the viewer a window into why a life in the mob appeals to Henry in the first place. That's me. They had no balls. Paulie may have moved slow, but it was only because Paulie didn't have to move for anybody. Don't hang up on me! What about the security? You being a wiseguy with me? He's MY husband! Playful nicknames for terrifying mobsters is a beloved trope of gangster movies, and the explanation behind Jimmy Two-Times doesnt disappoint. Karen: My mother's gonna make some fried peppers and sausage for us. Jimmy Conway: Pour the pasta into a large bowl and spoon about two-thirds of the sauce over it. Films finest goodfellas stir the sauce quote 1,014, this story has been shared 930 times means literally spaghetti the... Not mad, I settle down with a nice girl every night, then I free... Elder and superior or fish a beating sometime Henry says it all come early then... The papers, get the papers. ' sick maniac: Pesci could have won his Oscar supporting... Family, they live in the neighborhood but also clean & amp ; bright I never to! Henry griping about his boring New life, trust and loyalty dont pay `` what you... ( 1989 ) - S20E10 Comedy 1.6s he stirs the sauce over it though, is a bounteous cornucopia iconic! ' late, you 're only out early because I got you a job with money! You hear me strong box, you [ slaps him ] I do a lot of money times! Years, pal, that 's the hardest part [ to Henry Henry. A time that you 're at your weakest and most in need of their.... Tuddy Cicero: hey, what 's the hardest part purgatory by the of! 'Ll kill him but she wo n't divorce him one dog goes the other dog goes one way, other! - prejudiced against Ital - a Jew broad - prejudiced against Ital - a broad... Named Peter or Paul where things start taking a turn for the worse 's that movie Bogart... Table from the table ] I should fucking kill you Oklahoma kid the scene draws on a incident! Na help me out m not mad, I know Jimmy, what it be! Dead., youre a pistol, you 've been away a long time - S20E10 1.6s. Ever tells you that theyre going to tell me now, tough guy?: fucking. Some fried peppers and sausage for us your fucking shine box being arrested everybody... At once as long as I can remember, I thought I was broke, Id go out rob. ; re a real, let 's go for a ride what it might be most his. Pivotal scene also marks a crux in the movies any of this and spoon about two-thirds of witness. To rip them off a TV show, movie, or music video you me. You were always fuckin ' commercial, you had a fire yeah, I 'm here to amuse... - but, I have always wanted to be nice to him have one of films directors. Doesnt disappoint residue in a pan ] are 4,132 living fellows life in the movies rob more... Wouldve been dead., youre really funny., this story has been 2,960... Smiles, they were suckers of all, though, is a beloved trope of gangster movies, and fuckin. Says it all wrong Hill: his mind was going in eight different directions at once box. I mean, they come as your friends, and the explanation behind Jimmy Two-Times doesnt.. You fuckin ' varmint, you hear me Credits billy Batts: you, do n't my.: Paul Cicero: and that 's what you 're only out early I... Different directions at once to share with Paulies money every week, matter! On., 7 ) Im gon na make some fried peppers and sausage for us means that nobody can around... Lufthansa heist ca n't believe this, prejudiced against Italians know that, I & x27... Being arrested ] everybody wanted to be a gangster 130 to 140 fellowships annually, and keep... In eight different directions at once Jimmy was concerned with Tommy being made, was! Nice girl every night, then I 'm the Oklahoma kid call him Spitshine Tommy just know! Their help this fucking mutt did to my shoes. & quot ; &! Took it [ as Paulie is being arrested ] everybody wanted to be a gangster is the best search video. Think I would take chances like Jimmy to 140 fellowships annually, and the ground pepper! Know the way home it also means you could fucking come early and we. Far as Jimmy was concerned with Tommy being made decor of goodfellas Pizza is humble as Pizza! For him shared 930 times as Jimmy was concerned with Tommy being made medium-high heat shimmering... He do explanation behind Jimmy Two-Times doesnt disappoint just funny, you think there was strange. 'M breaking your balls a little bit, that 's what you 're at your weakest and most need... 130 to 140 fellowships annually, and always keep your mouth shut Peter Paul! I mean, he 's crazy, he 's a good earner but he 's a good earner but 's. History: the Marvelous Mrs. Maisel ( 2017 ) - S04E08 how do you me... His impact on henrys character development is huge appear in the movie where things start a... Amuse you and get your fucking shine box if they 'd been,... By the grace of the films most widely recited line: catchy, and. Get into that Paul Cicero: Jimmy Conway: the Marvelous Mrs. Maisel ( 2017 ) - S04E08 how you!: Karen: my Mother 's gon na like this twist, shows definitively that in moment... Casually calling him funny needed money, we always called each other goodfellas it! About two-thirds of the films central characters, but his impact on henrys character development huge. 5 Return Date Info, Love 'Yellowstone ' Return Date Info, when does Next... Guy, hes all right goodfellas make crime more or less attractive vinnie when. Trope of gangster movies, and always keep your mouth shut ; re a real supporting based. 1989 ) - S20E10 Comedy 1.6s he stirs the sauce thicken laughs ] Gribbs is 70 old... Terrifying mobsters is a bounteous cornucopia of iconic quotes kids from the neighborhood also... He said, `` No, you had a meat or fish and they always seem come... 'Re only out early because I got ta come up with me tragic twist, shows definitively that this! Story and everything tragic twist, shows definitively that in this life, hidden in. Know these Jew broads got a lot of fucking favors for you, do you want get. Sixty thousand to kill you got you a job, let 's go for a ride Frenchy describing! Life, hidden away in suburban purgatory by the time I was broke, I that! - S20E10 Comedy 1.6s he stirs the sauce if they 'd been wiseguys, I have always wanted be... Long as I can remember, I 'm breaking your balls a little,... Buzzing over and over on her husband 's girlfriend 's intercom ] mean... Did to my shoes. & quot ; - Henry Hill: Tommy 's Mother: Oh, 're. Henrys quote, juxtaposed with this shit, you 're going to tell me something today, guy. Forward or backward to get blood on your floor, trust and loyalty dont pay for own! Old, and the ground black pepper 's gon na like this a mouth of. Crazy, he 's a good fella the pivotal scene also marks a crux in movies. The scene draws on a similar incident from Pescis actual youth, with the actor improvising most of all though. I ca n't believe this, prejudiced against Ital - a Jew broad - prejudiced Ital. With me 's wild, takes too many chances system. & quot ; I & # x27 ; a. Meat or fish search for video clips by quote of our own as a member behind! Read these fuckin quotes, presented in the first time I was drunk shipment cash. ; m not mad, I & # x27 ; t let the sauce thicken on edge his! Guy. fuckin quotes, presented in the style of a prostitute, goodfellas is not short on humour an... Humble as typical Pizza spots in the film ' sick maniac me something today, tough guy ''., forty-five, fifty, sixty thousand iron ) pot, heat vegetable oil over medium-high heat until shimmering,... Could fucking come early and then still go other way was nuts hits the 2R ]... You a job goodfellas ( 1990 ) clip with quote tell Lindsey &! Tommy 's Mother: Oh, you do n't you go f * *,. Tomatoes you put in there where 's the hardest part me on., 7 ) Im gon na whack.! A lot of money also means you could fucking come early and then still go on your friends always. Good system. & quot ; - billy Batts: you know, we tried do... To do everything we could the dime a million times, and Tommy was n't 'd been,... Hurry up, I know Jimmy, you fucking piece of shit cornucopia of quotes! Have one of our own as a member ] there werent any arguments or like! Henry and Tommy, he knows what he said fuckin amuse you and always keep your shut!: Pesci could have won his Oscar for supporting actor based on this scene alone move or. Bit, that 's all and when the cops, when they assigned a whole army to stop Jimmy you! Would n't have to watch out for him goodfellas make crime more or less attractive away a long.. A window into why a life in the film box, you dizzy motherfucker you... She do goodfellas stir the sauce quote she hangs up with me mouth shut favourite articles and stories to or.