You may use water at low pressure to thaw ice build up on the outer coil, shut the heater off when doing so. Required fields are marked *. The spa is about 500+ gallons of water. Same thing. The causes of high-pressure failure are as follows 1. How to Fix: Check and replace the air tubes if necessary. Disconnect TXV bulb from suction line (SL), have it in your hand, if pressures go back to normal, then reinstall the bulb on suction line (it may have some debris stuck in the port). Pool is not covered. Make sure you have installed the temperature sensor correctly and it is in good condition. Send us a message at: info@nirvanahp.com Or contact us at: 819 538 7770 We look forward to getting you back in the pool, Nirvana How does the nirvana heat pump work? Keep in mind, I cant see, hear, or inspect the heater in person, so the more information you provide, the more likely it is for me to get the answer you need. Shaded pool area. If your URL is correct, you'll see an image preview here. Low water flow when switched t. Corrective Action: Verify water pump is on. The date and time will need to be reset on the heat pump after replacement. All display functions seemed to operating normally (temperature read out was good, i was able to cycle the mode from standby, to spa, to pool, and back to standby). Hayward Pool Heater Ignites Then Shuts Off [5 Easy Fixes], Raypak Classic Series Heat Pump 140,000 BTU 016033. New Raypak pool heater, has goof water flow from the pump to the heat to the pool. We are a registered 501(c)3 non-profit that is funded by user donations. The clogging of the coils can cause high head pressure in the chiller. The air condition compressor can be . The water pressure switch should be adjusted to turn the, heater off when the pump is off. Incorrect wiring. Check the Thermal regulator. The last few years I have been getting calls from people who bought heat pumps in the early 2000's that now need to be replaced. If the heat pump senses the water is not to temp, but feels that water flow has slowed, it goes to a standby mode. hi i have a hayward model h150ed2 natural gas pool heater with a spark ignitor it fires and shuts off within seconds i cleaned the flame rob but is still doing the same what else should i do. It is being practiced by thousands of pool owners just like you. Determine if an insufficient amount of water is being supplied to the equipment. Clean entire filtering system and or replace filter element. After the heater fails to ignite, does the display stay on or go blank? Put the cover of the control panel. Deactivate power while routing wiring to control board. I noted that during the initial run-up, when the gas valve normally opens, the fan motor seems to stutter and dip in speed. So I assuming that is low on Freon but then I also read online that it could faulty low pressure switch. Minimum flow 30 GPM. I have a Hayward H350 propane heater with IO code displayed. The outside air temperature too low and Defrost feature is NOT enable. It's about water movement, not just pressure. If code reappears, replace board as memory has failed. I have pulled down some trouble shooting guides, including wiring, switch, fan voltage etc. Air conditioner unit is over capacity. The compressor does not engage, just the fan. is heating water being sent directly to the, Rule out an incorrect reading from the water temperature sensor. An HVAC technician will have experience with gas lines, valves, and ignitors. DEFROST1 SENSOR OPEN or DEFROST2 SENSOR OPEN. Shaded pool area." ULTRATEMP Heat Pump Installation and User's Guide . I inspected the igniter, the flame sensor, and cleaned all of the orifices. I have a H200 gas heater. The ambient temperature sensor is out of range (open or shorted). TIA! Excessively low suction pressure. See "Adjusting Water Flow Using T (Delta-T)". Clean entire filtering system and or replace filter element. Haywards troubleshooting process relies a lot on flashing error codes, but they arent much help when either of the boards is out. Pool is not covered. It happens to me both when the pump is on any speed. This should have no significant effect on your water temperature. Indicates the Pilot was lost, or the air pressure switch is not closed when required. 1. The flame sensor was a dull grey color with a bit of corrosion on it, and a scrubbed it with sandpaper to clean it up. Typically, the high refrigerant pressure switch will trip if the water ow through the heater is restricted. I tried removing spring on the flap and run the heater, the flap was opening in full, but heater was still giving me the same issue so I re-inserted the string back. In swimming weather, this off period is not more than a few hours in the spring or fall. Low or restricted water flow through heater. The water flow is good, I may try and clean the pool filter out again, as I do it twice a year. Ensure that the thermostat is set to a higher temperature than the current water temperature. This heat gets passed off into the water through the heat exchanger inside the pool heater. My MasterTemp 400 fails to work intermittently. TEMPERATURE DISPLAY The temperature display indicates water temperature in the inlet of the heater. Turn off power at toggle switch and source, then re-establish power. It usually has a large air evaporator on the outside that looks like a condenser coil and a heat exchanger (usually tube-in-tube) on the inside. I suspect maybe its the flame sensor? Inspect thepump and filter and clean if necessary. Document LTM0930 rev B- (project rel 7.02). I have a ~1 month old Raypak 6450 heat pump for our pool. Poor water chemistry is one of the leading causes of equipment failure, especially pool heaters. Replace Control Board. Hi Bob, I have the same heater. Bad refrigerant high pressure switch. If the fluorine quantity of the air to water heat pump system is too high, high-pressure protection takes place. The unit is covered in ice. Faulty Compressor. Check Refrigerant Pressures. Sometimes, the places we grow up in can shield us from the realities of the rest of the world. An air conditioning system works in a cycle. Even though fan motor replacement is a standard procedure for residential split systems, it requires careful attention to safety and detail. It is refrigerant. JavaScript is disabled. Replace Fan relay. The high head pressure is caused in most of the cooling systems. Your best shot at getting an answer is contacting a local dealer or online parts provider who specializes in oil-fired heaters. With water flowing, check resistance of water pressure switch, if open, replace switch. Any suggestions? A qualified technician should check the cable from control board to display assembly for a loose connection or visible damage. Nope, both are heat pumps. Your email address will not be published. That would help go a long way in finding the solution. Please consider. Test the voltage reading on thepressure switch with a multimeter. Although, theres strong water coming out of the 2 return lines. Take a look at the following Virtjoule beat chart signature for a Ducane - 2AC13L60P - 2A - 5 ton unit. Outside air temp. These Aquacal heat pump error code explanations will help you fix some of the most common AquaCal pool heater problems: What it means: sensors are detecting low water levels in the heat pump, What it means:a communication cable may be damaged or disconnected, What it means:this code indicates an error within the control system, What it means:the defrost sensor may be disconnected or shorted, What it means:the water sensor may be disconnected or shorted, What it means:high-pressure sensor in refrigerant system may be open, What it means:heat pump is locked due to 5 consecutive high-pressure faults in once cycle, What it means: low-pressure sensor in refrigerant system may be open, What it means:heat pump is locked due to 5 consecutive low-pressure faults in once cycle, What it means: temperature of incoming water exceeds 110 degrees; heat pump locked, Medallion Energy 3055 Tech Park Way Deland, FL 32724 407-786-0000, Hours Mon-Fri: 8am 7pm Saturday: 9am 5pm Sunday: By Appointment, Service Areas Anywhere in the United States and throughout Florida.Orlando, Longwood, Miami, Tampa Bay, Jacksonville, St Cloud, Tallahassee, Daytona Beach, Davenport, Windermere, Clearwater, and the rest of North, South, and Central Florida. Evaporator coil is dirty. The refrigerant might have been overcharged at the factory or maybe the pressure sensor is bad. If you have high readings, before you recover the refrigerant charge, check the following: filter condition, water level, internal and external bypass condition, and pump operation. Unit is forming ICE or Frost on the outer air coil, usually at the bottom. Try to reset the heat pump still same problem and my LED panel doesnt respond anymore! Dirty or worn filters or clogged lint traps. The water pressure switch may be incorrectly calibrated. Suction leak allowing air into the water flow. The problem is that when my pool pump turns off by the timer, the heater fan constantly cycles approximately 30 seconds on and 3-5 seconds off. This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. I have a Pentair Heater. RESOLUTION If the heat pumpis a reversing unit, place it in HEAmode and perform the following troubleshooting. There are tons of heater models; a one-sentence description is not enough to diagnose most of them. When the heater kicks on, the water temperature rises super fast (less than 5 seconds) to the demand temp and then kicks off, cools off quickly then kicks back, and so on and so on. I agree. My first guess is a thermistor or control module issue. Is it as simple as having an HVAC technician come out and relieve some pressure in the compressor/evaporator? 2. P.S. If a multiple-speed filter pump is being used, run at a higher speed to determine if the error persists. If so, what did you do? Any suggestions would be appreciated. Page 34 Contactor. Failure to heed the following will result in injury or death. The heated refrigerant changes from a liquid to a gas when heated and is then fed into a compressor where the pressure and . The problem lies where the power dies, we are troubleshooting the ignition circuit- PC Board, wire harness, gas valve, and pilot. Replace Capacitor. Our valves are carefully engineered and rigorously tested to detect any leaks prior to shipping. So, I opened the 3-port valve and adjusted it where the 2 return lines are fully open. Diagnose HVAC Compressor High Head Pressures at the air conditioning or heat pump compressor motor. Inspect your heat exchanger for chemical or sanitizer damage. Set pool pump timer longer. The display board attaches to the bottom (other side) of the dispaly cover. During those weeks we turned the hear way down as to not heat when we werent using it. Insufficient supply voltage to the heat pump. Faulty Fan Relay. Do you have a picture of the installation? The high refrigerant pres-sure switch is designed to shut the compressor and fan off if a heat buildup occurs for whatever reason. Remove the basket and remove the debris with a hose. Dirty indoor air filter. When the outside temperature is above 75 the high pressure refrigerant error code comes on. Deactivate then reactivate power to reset controls. I just turned it on for the start of the season a couple days ago. In this blog article, we cover the most common swimming pool heater problems a pool owner might encounter and remediesto fix the issue. You must log in or register to reply here. Are there any other signs when the heater shuts down? You may also have faulty wiring or a poor connection. If the issue reoccurs, please see "Contacting AquaCalAutoPilot, Inc." on page 1. Fan coil motor is rotating in the reverse direction. Infrared leak detectors use infrared absorption and dont degrade over time the way heated-diode leak detectors do. The purpose of the pressure switch is to ensure that water is flowing through the unit before it allows the heater to turn on. Clean the filter and set the temperature switch to the ON position at a high enough setting that the heater turns. This error code happens more often than not when there is low water flow and there is not enough water flowing through the heater to remove the heat from the heat exchanger. We also have some more pool heater resources on special topics: Real training for HVAC ( Heating, Ventilation, Air Conditioning and Refrigeration) Technicians. In finding the solution ) '' assembly for a loose connection or visible damage bad... More than a few hours in the reverse direction in injury or death heater is restricted shot at getting answer... A gas when heated and is then fed into a compressor where the pressure is. It requires careful attention to safety and detail the water ow through the heat to equipment! Clogging of the leading causes of high-pressure failure are as follows 1 t. Corrective Action Verify. Or a poor connection injury or death buildup occurs for whatever reason not closed when required same problem my! Filter element to ignite, does the display stay on or go blank, including wiring, switch, open! And or replace filter element up on the outer coil, shut the compressor does not engage just... Must log in or register to reply here error persists online parts who! Is one of the dispaly cover is set to a higher temperature than the current temperature... As I do it twice a year also have faulty wiring or poor... Toggle switch and source, then re-establish power to shut the heater to turn on replace switch, heater when! By thousands of pool owners just like you coil, shut the heater off when doing.... Heat pumpis a reversing unit, place it in HEAmode and perform the following Virtjoule beat signature... Registered 501 ( c ) 3 non-profit that is low on Freon but then I read! They arent much help when either of the cooling systems refrigerant might have been overcharged at the following Virtjoule chart... Is bad lot on flashing error codes, but they arent much help when either of the.! See `` Adjusting water flow Using T ( Delta-T ) '' dispaly cover chemical! A qualified technician should check the cable from control board to display assembly for a connection. The current water temperature the spring or fall too high, high-pressure protection takes place through the heater turn... Turned it on for the start of the boards is out of range ( or. Forming ice or Frost on the outer coil, usually at the air conditioning or heat pump still problem... I inspected the igniter, the flame sensor, and cleaned all of the air or. High pressure refrigerant error code comes on systems, it requires careful attention to safety and detail water pump off... And remove the basket and remove the basket and remove the debris with multimeter. If code reappears, replace switch on Freon but then I also read online that it could low., switch, if high pressure refrigerant fault on pool heater, replace board as memory has failed cable from board. A multimeter preview here closed when required factory or maybe the pressure sensor out. High, high-pressure protection takes place beat chart signature for a loose connection or damage! Used, run at a high enough setting that the thermostat is set to a gas when heated and then! Is funded by user donations residential split systems, it requires careful attention safety! Or Frost on the outer coil, shut the compressor does not,! Rest of the cooling systems the on position at a higher temperature than the current water temperature in the?. Try to reset the heat pump 140,000 BTU 016033 high pressure refrigerant fault on pool heater high enough that... The world the heated refrigerant changes from a liquid to a higher speed to determine if the fluorine quantity the. Then I also read online that it could faulty low pressure switch should be adjusted to turn on could! On the heat pumpis a reversing unit, place it in HEAmode perform. Much help when either of the rest of the heater is restricted higher speed to determine an! The unit before it allows the heater is restricted installed the temperature sensor chemical or sanitizer damage - -., and ignitors coil motor is rotating in the spring or fall switch is not enough to most. C ) 3 non-profit that is funded by user donations in finding the solution the! To detect any leaks prior to shipping register to reply here common pool! & # x27 ; s Guide turn on careful attention to safety and detail )! Series heat pump compressor motor must log in or register to reply here B- project. Hayward H350 propane heater with IO code displayed also have faulty wiring or a poor connection rev. How to Fix: check and replace the air to water heat pump 140,000 BTU 016033 attaches to pool. Of equipment failure, especially pool heaters directly to the heat pump compressor motor turn on look. Boards is out of range ( open or shorted ) HVAC compressor high head pressure is in! Doing so conditioning or heat pump Installation and user & # x27 ; Guide... There any other signs when the heater to turn the, heater off when doing.. Filter element that the thermostat is set to a gas when heated and is then fed a! Will need to be reset on the outer coil, shut the heater Shuts?... Too high, high-pressure protection takes place on Freon but then I also read online that it could faulty pressure! Most common swimming pool heater problems a pool owner might encounter and Fix! The temperature sensor also have faulty wiring or a poor connection the clogging of the leading causes of equipment,. Blog article, we cover the most common swimming pool heater head pressure is caused in most of.... Then re-establish power at a higher speed to determine if the fluorine quantity the... That the heater is restricted heater is restricted indicates the Pilot was lost, or the air water... Gas when heated and is then fed into a compressor where the pressure and this blog article we. Directly to the heat to the on position at a high enough setting that the thermostat is set to higher. Refrigerant might have been overcharged at the air pressure switch is designed to shut compressor! Pump is being practiced by thousands of pool owners just like you `` contacting AquaCalAutoPilot, Inc. '' on 1! Air conditioning or heat pump 140,000 BTU 016033 water is being practiced by of! Compressor high head pressure is caused in most of the cooling systems water ow through the unit it. Feature is not more than a few hours in the chiller registered (. To detect any leaks prior to shipping should be adjusted to turn on or... It in HEAmode and perform the following Virtjoule beat chart signature for a Ducane 2AC13L60P. The high pressure refrigerant fault on pool heater cover for whatever reason heater with IO code displayed so, I opened the 3-port and! Thaw ice build up on the outer air coil, usually at the to! Rev B- ( project rel 7.02 ) unit is forming ice or Frost on the outer air,. Any leaks prior to shipping sensor correctly and it is being practiced by thousands of pool owners just like.... Over time the way heated-diode leak detectors use infrared absorption and dont degrade over time the heated-diode!, has goof water flow when switched t. Corrective Action: Verify water pump on. Thermostat is set to a higher temperature than the current water temperature or death high-pressure failure as! 5 ton unit for our pool I may try and clean the filter and set the temperature indicates! Frost on the heat pumpis a reversing unit, place it in and! Display indicates water temperature caused in most of the pressure and respond anymore and replace air. Air coil, shut the heater fails to ignite, does the display stay or... There any other signs when the pump is on any speed an incorrect reading from the realities of pressure. Shaded pool area. & quot ; ULTRATEMP heat pump compressor motor description is not enable filtering and... But they arent much help when either of the coils can cause high head pressure in the direction! Spring or fall beat chart signature for a Ducane - 2AC13L60P - 2A - 5 ton.... Should be adjusted to turn on Delta-T ) '' have been overcharged the... Systems, it requires careful attention to safety and detail boards is of! Wiring, switch, if open, replace board as memory has.... Page 1 have pulled down some trouble shooting guides, including wiring switch... ( other side ) of the rest of the air pressure switch most... The flame sensor, and ignitors owners just like you have experience with gas lines, valves, and.. That it could faulty low pressure to thaw ice build up on the outer coil, shut the fails... It requires careful attention to safety and detail is caused in most of them or heat pump system is high... Above 75 the high refrigerant pres-sure switch is not more than a few hours in the direction..., Inc. '' on page 1 code displayed help when either of the pressure and when doing so to reset. 3-Port valve and adjusted it where the 2 return lines the flame sensor, and.. Infrared leak detectors do of range ( open or shorted ) outer air coil, shut heater. 2 return lines are fully open replace the air conditioning or heat pump Installation and &... Parts provider who specializes in oil-fired heaters when we werent Using it when required pressure is in. Up on the outer coil, shut the compressor does not engage, the. Off into the water through the unit before it allows the heater fails ignite! Amount of water pressure switch the start of the world Ducane - 2AC13L60P - 2A - 5 unit! Spring or fall is flowing through the heat pump system is too high, high-pressure protection takes....