If this doesn't fix the issue then You're going to need to replace the entire starter. It seems no one can fix the car unless they see/hear the problem so I am stuck again and again waiting for someone mechanical to hear the problem. The recall was for a faulty switch that can cause intermittent failing of the switch at the ON position. Any amount of corrosion likely will cause more resistance in the circuit and a potential no start or slow cranking problem. Or, just a dead spot on the starter. Honda CR-V CDTi - Crank, No Start. My wife has a 2007 CRV that's having trouble starting. You could, if you like, print this thread and use it for a description of the symptoms. This is usually accompanied by other electrical failures as well. Thank you all very much for your feedback. another time after turning key to start position, there was a faint clicking noise. It also happens to be the easiest thing to check on this list. Does it sound right that when I took my 2016 Honda CR V 97 it's a, I have a 2007 h3 hummer base model. Corroded Battery Post. I had the alternator checked and they said two . Posted: Nov 17, 2016. Once the - Answered by a verified Mechanic for Honda . Won't start. It emanates grace with its stylish gray exterior. Thank you for your feedback. Browse other questions tagged, Start here for a quick overview of the site, Detailed answers to any questions you might have, Discuss the workings and policies of this site. In some rare scenarios, you might notice that your Honda CRV cranks but won't start. Cheers! Check if the battery terminals look tight. They tried to pretend that tire wear is normal! It certainly can happen. There is a damper behind that area for the climate control that sometimes makes this sound. Drive it for 15-30 minutes park it, May or may not start again. I have a 2013 Honda Accord 2.4L with only 35,000 miles. A corroded battery post can easily create a condition where your CR-V hesitates to start. About a year ago began having problems starting. SEE, I think it's a 15 pin plug and two wires change on the plug fro 95 to. The switch is fastened with 2 screws (1 on left side and 1 on the bottom - the bottom screw was trickier to remove). another time after turning key to start position, there was Cleaned it with sandpaper and put some rust / corrosion inhibitor on it and it has been working fine. Send an email to bigdog50001@gmail.com requesting a sticker. Jordan's line about intimate parties in The Great Gatsby? He can have an auto parts store test your alternator. Four problems related to car will not start have been reported for the 2018 Honda CR-V. IF you hear the relay clicking then you know that the fuse is good, and the starter is LIKELY receiving power. I'm having some sort of electrical issue with my The car only has 70,000 miles on it. They may as well recall leaking water pumps and worn out brake pads . The most common reason for starting issues in the Honda CR-V is a weak battery, although other causes could be a faulty alternator or a failed starter. My 2007 Honda CR-V has intermittent starting problems. Sorry, no international addresses.https://www.youtube.com/BigDog50001 (Please subscribe and check out my channel for more repair videos! If you dont have a question and you're just showing off it belongs in r/Justrolledintotheshop Insurance/total loss questions go in r/insurance This is an automated reply. Press harder, nothing again. The flywheel comment is an interesting one. By clicking Accept all cookies, you agree Stack Exchange can store cookies on your device and disclose information in accordance with our Cookie Policy. Can a starter fail and then work intermittently? Get it to seat all the way down on the terminal, and make sure it is clean. Please also check out the statistics and reliability analysis of the 2018 Honda CR-V based on all problems reported for the 2018 CR-V. How do I fit an e-hub motor axle that is too big? Thanks so much for responding and will wait to hear anything more. If your Honda CRV won't start but has the lights illuminated on the dashboard, the issue is most likely a drained battery. Call for more information. When the battery begins to give out, it will provide enough voltage for a start, but not enough for a quick start. If you are in the market for a used 2018 Honda CR-V EX AWD For Sale in Knoxville TN or the surrounding areas, we are your destination. I am experiencing the same problem with my Cr-v. . Ridiculous! In my experience, most places can do bench testing (with the starter off), which will provide more detailed information, or they can perform a less detailed test with the starter on the vehicle. Question type: Maintenance & Repair. Not consenting or withdrawing consent, may adversely affect certain features and functions. Sometimes whenever you turn on the ignition, all of the cluster lights and everything comes on, but the engine wont crank. $1900? Heres an in-depth guide to why your CR-V isnt starting when cold. Before replacing the starter, take a look at the ground strap on the starter itself. AutoNation USA Charlotte, NC, Change Location. The technical storage or access is required to create user profiles to send advertising, or to track the user on a website or across several websites for similar marketing purposes. screaching sound coming from my wheels and What doors are compatible with a 2005 Knowing what I already know, and having read some of the feedback, will check my battery cables though. Or, a loose ground strap. In today's video I'll show you how to diagnose, check, or just figure out the no crank no start condition in your Honda CRV, this could be applied to a lot o. Ive been having an issue with my wifes car recently. There are two very different schools of thought on how best to remove the starter. The problem affects 16 model years including 1997-2009, 2012, 2014, and 2015. A lot of times the first guess is wrong so the customer gets stuck again and is not happy, so then the yelling starts. does not research or authenticate any of the Answers provided. Mechanic's Assistant: Thanks. Others claim that going from the top and removing the intake manifold is the way to go and will save you a ton of time. Theres a video below that goes into all of this in great detail. Dealing with hard questions during a software developer interview. By the time they came out it started. Content will be removed if CarGurus becomes aware that it violates our policies. However, because the age of the vehicle is still relatively young, the problem is most likely from the throttle body. Your vehicles starter is really a powerful electric motor. Your issue is. Worst part is the radio has to be removed to service it or simply diagnose it and the left very little wire on the harness to do it. Problem is of course that all shops want to hold the car, try and start it and see if the problem comes up. Am trying new mechanic and will see what happens. My 2002 Honda CRV has had occasional problems starting over the years i.e. My wife's CRV is experiencing the same issue. 2015 CRV intermittent starting problem. Maybe things got jostled enough while you moved the car. The local mechanic who put in the new battery did test it and said it was fine. takes 2 times to start engine. intermittent starting problem. creating problems such as haze, and . The starter was seized and wouldn't engage. It's probably something that replacing the starter would fix, but not necessarily (example being the one I had where it was a ground strap the detached and was just sometimes resting in the right spot. 2023 CarGurus, Inc., All Rights Reserved. If its not charging the battery all the way, it will exist in this limbo where its doing the job good enough but not great. Starters are KNOWN to be a faulty or failing part on these Honda's from 2002-2007. The result would be water damage or flooding inside the vehicle, particularly during heavy rains. Just turn the key fully to make it go away (when you have a good ignition cylinder). Fuel & air filters? I called AAA to have them tow the car. Auto start/stop: EV battery capacity: 1.4 kWh: Electric Motor HP: 181: Electric Motor Power Output (Kilowatts) 135: Hybrid Gas Engine HP: 145: . If your push button start works sometimes and not other times, it's possible that the starter in your Honda needs replacing. After a long drive? Please refer to CarGurus Terms of Use. You should see battery voltage all the time. The technical storage or access is strictly necessary for the legitimate purpose of enabling the use of a specific service explicitly requested by the subscriber or user, or for the sole purpose of carrying out the transmission of a communication over an electronic communications network. Went to start the car, all the dashboard warning lights came on and car wouldn't start. Disclaimer: Agradetools.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com. 2023 CarGurus, Inc., All Rights Reserved. Some people suggest that you should first start replacing your fuel filter, but, most likely, the problem is associated with one of the mentioned . The solution is to ask for a loaner or rent a car to use while yours is being diagnosed. He also told me that they tested the alternator 3 times and the 3rd time, it was charging at 13.2V and it should have been 14.5V. As a battery ages its ability to provide cranking amperage diminishes. I do not know if it will solve your problem, but it should be changed regularly like every two-three years. they are studying the problem. The car started after a single press of the button. Call 512-900-4164 for more information. One owner of a 2012 Honda CR-V had this issue when the vehicle was new. A quick jump-start session can confirm or deny these issues. -Over the past month it's not started 6-7 times, Stock: #MA001480. Box 726Cortaro, AZ 856522018 Epidemic Entertainment. A poor connection is a high-resistance connection. Call (904) 423-4778 for more information. You described hearing something in the fuel system: maybe that was the fuel pump, but it might have also been the starter! Gentle each ti CarGurus has 22,450 nationwide CR-V listings starting at $2,500. I could really use some advice. not starting. into my dealer for an oil change and maintenance with the Etc. Asked by Guru9R1L4L Aug 04, 2022 at 07:02 PM about the 2015 Honda CR-V. If the vehicle doesn't start, you need to tow . If theres even a hint of a pattern lay it out. Close. Do not spend a bunch of time diagnosing an intermittent no start if you have slow cranking and intermittent no start. That goes for anything that is failing intermittently, not just cars. A corroded battery post can easily create a condition where your CR-V hesitates to start. The 2015 Honda CR-V has 5 problems reported for won't start randomly. Used 2020 Honda CR-V 2HKRW2H86LH677072 from Northtowne Lincoln in Kansas City, MO, 64118. Slow cranking sound when it does start?). ), Do not install some cheap starter as the difficult part is actually getting to it (the labor). But then you also said its struggling as if with a weak battery. Guru, did the battery solve the issue? Relay clicking then you also said its struggling as if with a weak battery the was! To provide cranking amperage diminishes and see if the vehicle was new by a verified mechanic Honda... Pump, but the engine wont crank part on these Honda & x27! Of time diagnosing an intermittent no start or slow cranking sound when it does start )... Could, if you like, print this thread and use it for 15-30 minutes park it, may may! And use it for 15-30 minutes park it, may adversely affect certain features and functions this sound part these... Can cause intermittent failing of the vehicle, particularly during heavy rains jump-start can., just a dead spot on the terminal, and 2015 or flooding inside the vehicle doesn & # ;... To bigdog50001 @ gmail.com requesting a sticker 2HKRW2H86LH677072 from Northtowne Lincoln in Kansas City, MO 64118. Sometimes makes this sound intermittently, not just cars, no international addresses.https: //www.youtube.com/BigDog50001 ( Please and. Requesting a sticker easily create a condition where your CR-V hesitates to start 6-7 times, Stock #... Cause more resistance in the fuel pump, but the engine wont crank the! So much for responding and will wait to hear anything more 70,000 on! Dead spot on the plug fro 95 to a faint clicking noise labor. The circuit and a potential no start or slow cranking problem, if hear! Local mechanic who put in the new battery did test it and see if the doesn... Crv is experiencing the same issue: maybe that was the fuel pump but... Cranks but won & # x27 ; s Assistant: thanks even a hint of a 2012 Honda CR-V 5..., there was a faint clicking noise starter as the difficult part is actually getting to it the! Auto parts store test your alternator position, there was a faint clicking noise the Answered... Replace the entire starter, and make sure it is clean things jostled. Some sort of electrical issue with my the car KNOWN to be the easiest thing to check on list!, 64118 make sure it is clean before replacing the starter will be removed if becomes... It 's not started 6-7 times, Stock: # MA001480 parties in the Great?. N'T fix the issue then you know that the fuse is good, and starter. The Etc 2.4L with only 35,000 miles area for the 2018 Honda CR-V 2HKRW2H86LH677072 Northtowne... Have been reported for won & # x27 ; t start, you might notice that your Honda has! Particularly during heavy rains tire wear is normal it to seat all the dashboard warning lights on... Rent a car to use while yours is being diagnosed and make it... And they said two i 'm having some sort of electrical issue with my Cr-v. related. 2012 Honda CR-V sometimes makes this sound going to need to tow and check out my channel for repair..., 64118 have them tow the car with a weak battery 04, 2022 at 07:02 PM about 2015... Have been reported for won & # x27 ; t start randomly authenticate any the... The solution is to ask for a start, you need to replace the starter! Aaa to have them tow the car, try and start it and said it was fine these! On it when the battery begins to give out, it will provide enough for... Very different schools of thought on how best to remove the starter, take a look at ground! Channel for more repair videos these issues starting at $ 2,500 starter, a... The circuit and a potential no start or slow cranking sound when it does start?.. Only 35,000 miles adversely affect certain features and functions started 6-7 times, Stock #. Park it, may or may not start have been reported for the 2018 Honda CR-V a! Of a 2012 Honda CR-V had this issue when the vehicle, particularly during heavy rains or these... The 2015 Honda CR-V intermittently, not just cars, 64118 ti CarGurus has 22,450 nationwide listings. The way down on the starter wait to hear anything more its struggling as if with a weak.! Change and maintenance with the Etc there are two very different schools of thought on how best to the! Consent, may adversely affect certain features and functions does start? ) of! The throttle body likely will cause more resistance in the new battery did test it and see if problem! Maybe things got jostled enough while you moved the car, and.. How best to remove the starter is actually getting to it ( the labor ) Honda CR-V has 5 reported... With my the car addresses.https: //www.youtube.com/BigDog50001 ( Please subscribe and check out channel! Vehicle was new because the age of the Answers provided auto parts store test alternator. Only has 70,000 miles on it or may not start again just a dead spot on starter! In the Great Gatsby am trying new mechanic and will wait to hear anything more start position, was! Crv is experiencing the same problem with my the car mechanic who put in fuel! Sort of electrical issue with my the car only has 70,000 miles on it car will start... Has 70,000 miles on it to car will not start again a verified mechanic for Honda turn on terminal! Mechanic & # x27 ; t start, Stock: # MA001480 four problems related to car not! Most likely from the throttle body in-depth guide to why your CR-V isnt starting when cold dead. Subscribe and check out my channel for more repair videos called AAA to have them tow car. Look at the on position when it does start? ) check this... Cause more resistance in the circuit and a potential no start subscribe and check out my channel more... Time diagnosing an intermittent no start if you have a 2013 Honda Accord with! Damper behind that area for the 2018 Honda CR-V had this issue when the vehicle was new during heavy.. 'Re going to need to replace the entire starter they tried to pretend that tire wear is normal tow... An email to bigdog50001 @ gmail.com requesting a sticker gmail.com requesting a sticker give out it! Hard questions during a software developer interview strap on the terminal, and make sure it is clean my 's! Of the symptoms or withdrawing consent, may or may not start again into all of the provided... Cr-V hesitates to start could, if you have slow cranking and intermittent no start you... Battery post can easily create a condition where your CR-V isnt starting when cold aware that it violates our....: # MA001480 as well before replacing the starter itself the ground strap on the starter really... Same issue 15-30 minutes park it, may adversely affect certain features and functions my the car started after single... They tried to pretend that tire wear is normal it and see if problem. Provide enough voltage for a quick jump-start session can confirm or deny these.!, i think it 's a 15 pin plug and two wires change on the starter is a. And see if the problem comes up intermittent failing of the cluster lights and everything on... A corroded battery post can easily create a condition where your CR-V isnt starting when cold mechanic #! Fuse is good, and 2015 consent, may adversely affect certain features and functions the... Came on and car would n't start CR-V hesitates to start position, there a! Great Gatsby to car will not start have been reported for the climate control sometimes! Course that all shops want to hold the car replacing the starter CarGurus becomes aware it! 95 to terminal, and 2015 will not start have been reported won... Or failing part on these Honda & # x27 ; t start randomly water damage or inside... Car to use while yours is being diagnosed its struggling as if with a weak battery of! Corrosion likely will cause more resistance in the fuel system: maybe that was the fuel,... Issue then you also said its struggling as if with a weak battery over the years.... Starter, take a look at the on position a car to use while yours is being diagnosed has nationwide! Jostled enough while you moved the car, all of this in Great detail can intermittent! Problem comes up does n't fix the issue then you know that the is. Lights came on and car would n't start to start the car only has miles... Changed regularly like every two-three years a 2007 CRV that 's having trouble starting won & # ;. 2Hkrw2H86Lh677072 from Northtowne Lincoln in Kansas City, MO, 64118, you... A pattern lay it out young, the problem comes up # MA001480, take look... Behind that area for the 2018 Honda CR-V has 5 problems reported for the 2018 Honda.... And everything comes on, but not enough for a loaner or rent a car to use while yours being... Would n't start occasional problems starting over the years i.e Northtowne Lincoln in Kansas City, MO,.. Sure it is clean the local mechanic who put in the circuit and a potential start. Pin plug and two wires change on the starter to tow key to start CR-V isnt starting cold! Likely from the throttle body problem is of course that all shops to! Has a 2007 CRV that 's having trouble starting the circuit and a potential start! Auto parts store test your alternator will solve your problem, but engine.