The handle is still a little "easier" to move then I'd like but I'm going with it. 3 years ago, I see what you mean and how it is not seated. Owner's Manual 2021 and later engine emission label MANA 1358705 - 9999999. Serial # MZCG8420252. FREE delivery Tue, Mar 7 on $25 of items shipped by Amazon. You may have to tap one side of the axle to get it out. (not quite full mulching) to start. control lever. If you search online you can find how to change the HRR215 all day long, but good luck finding the HRR216. If you do not receive the paperwork, please contact Customer Relations at 770-497-6400. Tighten all hardware securely. All information pertains to American models only. spring have the same part numbers across generations. I would hate for it to bend again, there has to be something holding the adjustment shaft tight; snug maybe, but not pry bar worthy. Info, Shop I have an HRR216VXA mower that uses one lever to adjust both back wheels, so I couldn't even limp it along to finish the little I had left. Without pushing the Smart Drive control, pull the lawn mower backwards to check wheel resistance. I don't have a shop manual, I'm wondering if the small metal dogs that . The Identification tag location: 2-stage models: Typically located on the back of Click here to A Service Bulletin was issued, and models under warranty were repaired at no charge. Honda engines used by many pressure washer manufacturers. Reply Only the left wheel engages in self propel mode, the right just hangs out. Do not attempt to adjust the position of the Smart Drive control while the mower is in motion. Thank you in advance! H4013, H4514, H4518, You are using an out of date browser. Here are the steps I took after fighting with the spring for far too long. A maximum of 10% ethanol is No one likes a clogged gutter and all the problems that come with it, from water damage to pest infestations. Loosen - You'll need two 10mm or 3/8 wrenches or adjustable wrenches. It has one bolt on the exterior of the housing and one nut behind the cover in the transmission area. visit Honda's worldwide website at Owner's Manual 2020 engine emission label MANA 1358705 - 9999999. How to Lubricate And Clean Honda Mower Rear Wheels. With the engine off, loosen the locking clamp screw holding the cable. harry_wild Original Author 15 years ago Slide the multi-position adjuster to the left to unlock the control, move the Smart Drive control up or down into the most comfortable position, and then release the multi-position adjuster and allow it to engage. If the mower will not operate correctly, take the mower to an authorized Honda servicing Start the engine and move the throttle lever to the FAST position. How do I adjust the Smart Drive cable on my HRX217VKA/VLA? Guide, Storage/Priming Mind the pinion gear direction. Manuals, Warranty Thanks for posting this! it is illegal to operate an engine without a spark arrester. My Honda Mower HHR2169VLA rear wheels lock up when pulled backwards.This video shows THE REAL FIX for this issue. If you had success and haven't injured yourself, kudos! To find the model number, look for a model number sticker on the engine. Watch the strap placement, if you are too far one way or another the strap will put tension on the belt and bind up the entire situation. All Years HRX217K1 HXA Honda Lawnmower REAR WHEEL Diagram and Parts With the engine off, you should be able to engage the transmission and roll the mower forward and hear a clicking sound from those parts as the wheels turn. Pull the shift lever all the way back to the neutral position. So, what causes the wheels on a self-propelled mower to stop moving? . Or fastest delivery Thu, Mar 2. If pushed down upon, which is easy to do, the front wheels will come off of the ground. I replaced the rear wheel mounts and sanded the rust off the axle. Servicing Honda Power Equipment Dealer. Gas-powered self-propelled (mouthful-laden) lawnmowers are also susceptible to air bubbles in the gas line. That being said, there is also the issue of safety when pulling a mower that is generally designed to be pushed or moved forward. (Common problem supposedly). If everything feels okay, use caution and start your blade. the drive belt is . If you're thinking you should be doing something with the transmission, forget that. to find your closest engine dealer. Common replacement parts guide MANA 1000001 - 9999999. Used, pre-owned or reconditioned products are sold as is. Put your scrap pieces of wood under both sides of the lawnmower to support it once the wheels are off. The metal gear keeps spinning, but the wheel wont be able to hold on, resulting in a wheel-lock. Toll-Free 1-888-9HONDA (1-888-946-6329) THIS SPRING IS STRONG - BE READY FOR IT TO SNAP BACK AND POSSIBLY FLY AT YOU. Product If your snow blower continues to stall, contact your local. The Mower Shop Wheel Set for Honda HRX217 Lawnmowers Includes Set of 2 Rear Wheels (42710-VH7-0101ZA) and Set of 2 Front Wheels (44710-VH7-010ZA) 4.8 (18) $7499. Authorized Servicing Honda Power Equipment Dealer, Honda Power Equipments online publications store. if(typeof ez_ad_units!='undefined'){ez_ad_units.push([[300,250],'lawncaregrandpa_com-netboard-1','ezslot_20',129,'0','0'])};__ez_fad_position('div-gpt-ad-lawncaregrandpa_com-netboard-1-0');There are safety measures in place like PTO levers and switches, but they are not foolproof. in it. Before clearing a clogged mower deck, stop the engine and turn the fuel valve to the OFF position. Joined Apr 13, 2017 Messages 413 Location PA. Jul 14, 2022 #1 Folks: I'm having an issue where the rear wheels are locking up. 11 months ago See the picture below for help finding the model name. Operate the blade control lever. Honda Power Equipment and recut until the particles are small enough to pass though the sliding door opening Cable Adjustment With the engine off, loosen the jam nut one revolution. Makes sense. Always wait for wet grass to dry before mowing. Just got done mowing and it seems to have done the trick. Once I removed the spring there was a good amount of play, so I could easily slide the new arm on with a little bit of shimmying. dealer in your area. How do I adjust the throttle cable on my HRR216VYA or HRX217HYA/HZA? There are (254) parts used by this model. Selection, Product In this post, we'll cover the process of replacing the self-propelled control cable and adjusting the drive system. It's a 1-wheel drive because the self-drive axle has a bum diff. The Fora platform includes forum software by XenForo. :/. They are very smooth running, maybe because of the dozen or so holes in the fuel jet tube. dealer. Videos, Special the ongoing problem has got worse now. Especially on inclines or damp grass, it is easy to loose footing and in some instance, like when pulling a mower backwards, a limb can slide under the mowing deck. I think I may have bent the adjustment shaft too much when I was at this step: "7. was purchased for more information. Make sure that the fuel valve is turned to the ON position. Found on Diagram: CAMSHAFT 14100ZE7N40 CAMSHAFT ASSY. Though there are many types of animals that can be nibbling on your plant leaves or flowers, there are some that you want less than others in your garden or yard. Installation is the reverse of removal. Other interesting LawncareGrandpa.com articles, https://lawnsmartusa.com/self-propelled-lawn-mower-wheel-locked-up-problem-fixing/. Restart the mower if it peters out.if(typeof ez_ad_units!='undefined'){ez_ad_units.push([[336,280],'lawncaregrandpa_com-large-mobile-banner-1','ezslot_9',119,'0','0'])};__ez_fad_position('div-gpt-ad-lawncaregrandpa_com-large-mobile-banner-1-0'); On rare occasions, grass clippings can make their way into the upper reaches of the mower deck and clog up parts of the drive system. dealer in the United States, About If you are interested in becoming an authorized sales and service dealer for Honda I have a Honda 21" self propelled walk behind mower, Model # HRR 2168 VKA. Rear wheels locking up when pulling backwards. How can I purchase maintenance and/or repair parts for my Honda equipment? Without pushing the Smart Drive control, pull the lawn mower backwards to check wheel resistance. A dull blade tears the grass, leaving shredded ends that turn brown. My HS520 snow blower stalls after a short period of time. Let the grass recover between mowings. A clogged carburetor is most commonly caused by leaving fuel in the lawn mower for a long period of time. Select, Troubleshooting and read the information provided to help you determine what model you have for As a disclaimer, I did this by myself, in a poorly lit room, and I took the pictures in reverse order, starting once I successfully put the new adjustment lever on. Show more Show more Why. Get a ratchet strap and attach one end to the end of the spring and the other to the front of the mower (yeah, I know it's a ridiculous.) Thanks again for the instructions and the quick reply on this! Use a soft mallet or wooded block to protect the axle end. Mower wheels falling off are due to faulty or loosened bolts used to connect the wheel to the mower frame or mowing deck. You can also click below to view American Hondas most current Yes! Information we need when you contact our Customer Relations Office: Parts can be purchased from any Authorized Hopefully, everything is back in working order. We and our partners use cookies to Store and/or access information on a device. Why is there oil on the recoil starter rope on my snow blower? This is because the flywheel brake on the mower is engaged until you depress the If you are in a country outside the United States If they don't, perform the cable adjustment below. www.honda.ca. Parts Lookup - Enter a part number or partial description to search for parts within this model. Move the adjuster up or down as required to obtain the proper clearance. So I'm either missing something in my re-assembly to make it tight or it just too far bent to hold things in place. Turn mower over. Put everything back . the grass bag so it won't have to be emptied as often. Use a feeler gauge and measure the clearance between the control choke arm and the For some engines, you will Just reverse everything right? So people are going to waste time and money bringing these mowers in for service only to find they cant be fixed or covered. Wheels locking up when pulling the mower backwards appear to be a common problem, yet it is not listed in the troubleshooting guide. 5pm EST. dealer in the United States that carries your particular product line for warranty Free play should be 3/8 to 9/16 in (10 to 15 dealer. The wheels turned forward with a click but as soon as I reversed direction they froze.We didn't fix a thing but as long as I had it a part I sharpened the blades and bought a new belt for $5.90. I initially took the mower to my local Honda Service Center when it was in warranty but they had no TSB from Honda on how to fix this. The same Self-propulsion is one of the revolutionary technologies that has made lawn care feasible for a wide number of people. if you don't tell us what kind it is. This video is how I permanently fixed my rear wheels lockup when being pulled backwards. How do I adjust the Smart Drive cable on my HRR216VKA/VLA lawn mower? Depending on the size, type, and water content of the leaves, Move the height adjustment bar does it move both sides, move smoothly? This is usually a result of clogging and loss of lubrication in the rear wheel bearings. Single-stage models: Typically located on the right side or on the rear axle. If the mowers motor is (seemingly) running smoothly, you might want to check if the drive cable is in position. for good performance and efficient operation using gasoline containing from 0 to Scroll to find which Honda Power Equipment product you have, Oh yeah, you need a snap ring removal tool to remove the gears and REMEMBER WHAT DIRECTION THE GEARS GO ON and don't lose the slot key or spring. FREE delivery Mar 3 - 6. Just another thing to keep in mind when trying to mow while pulling.if(typeof ez_ad_units!='undefined'){ez_ad_units.push([[300,250],'lawncaregrandpa_com-netboard-2','ezslot_21',130,'0','0'])};__ez_fad_position('div-gpt-ad-lawncaregrandpa_com-netboard-2-0'); One opposite problem to wheels locking up and becoming unable to spin is a wheel that loosens to the point of falling completely off of the mower. This site is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com. What Causes A Self-Propelled Lawnmower To Lock Up? Do you have any extra parts/pieces laying around? Hydraulic problems are far less common but should not be overlooked. Can I use synthetic oil in my Honda equipment? Right decreases spring tension and engine speed. Power Carriers: About a year ago, a limited number of mowers were built with undersized bushings, which would cause some extra effort to pull backwards. The consent submitted will only be used for data processing originating from this website. You may have to tap one side of the axle to get it out. Tighten the jam nut to lock the adjuster in place. I used a flathead screwdriver to 'wiggle' the spring off of the bar that connects to the transmission itself. Also, wet grass clippings will clog the mower deck and collect in clumps on the lawn. A no-cost repair! spark arrester is available from an authorized Honda servicing dealer. If you are strong, like super strong, you can attempt to pull the spring back over the transmission bar, where it belongs. If adjustment is required, loosen the top and bottom drive clutch cable lock nuts Honda 90101-VG3-000 Lawn Mower Front Wheel Shaft Bolt Genuine OEM. Flip the mower back to its normal direction, visually inspect for anything 'off'. Honda engines are designed HRC215, HRC216 You can also mention that if a the person is a bit handy and wrenches, he can take the back axle apart and take sand paper and go around both ends of the axle taking a slight bit of material off and re-lubricate everything, so those under sized bushings do not cause the mower to lock up when going in reverse anymore ever again. What can I do? To bag leaves with the HRX217 mower, position the Clip Director knob in the #9 position is an alternative fuel; it is not gasoline. What should I do if I didnt receive all the parts and accessories when I purchased my Honda Product? What a great fix! A sharp blade cuts cleanly. Honda Mower Rear Wheels Will Not Roll Backwards THE REAL FIX CarveTools 6.06K subscribers Subscribe 295K views 5 years ago My Honda Mower HHR2169VLA rear wheels lock up when pulled. Any damaged or missing parts are the responsibility of the buyer or the retailer, not American Honda Motor Co. Example: 1.5 quarts would be 1.5 x 32 = 48 ounces, (Applies to HRX217HXA, HRX217HMA, and HRX217TDA models only). Honda Power Equipment servicing If your grass gets too tall, cut it once at the highest cutting height setting, Consult a local nursery your Honda product. All trademarks appearing on this page are the property of their respective owners. If you are having problems with the pressure washer pump components, contact the Toggle menu Husqvarna 592771501 Wheel AntiScalp Wheel 5x3 C is an original OEM part . But what do you do when you have gutter We are Jerry McMillan and Mathew Booe (Father-In-Law/Great-Grandpa and Son-In-Law/Grandpa). XVRTJ 193406 Wheel Bolts and Lock Nuts Fits Cub Cadet Craftsman Husqvarna Replaces 193406 532193406 137644 184219 532137644 738-3056 938-3056 73930600 (2 Pack) Hondas are also known for locked-up rear wheels. Put your scrap pieces of wood under both sides of the lawnmower to support it once the wheels are off. Hondas can have this problem like all the rest of similar mowers on the market. on Step 1. Info Videos, How To Mower deck and equipment design and the direction in which 4.2 4.2 out of 5 stars (73) Save 12%. Please note: this site is for US consumers. NOTE: American Honda does not manufacture pressure washers. The rear wheels lock up and do not allow for rolling backwards, no matter the cable adjustment.Help! of purchase. read more Curtis B. Category - Wheel Other Details Under. Updates, Selecting the fuel and still allow it to be sold as gasoline. How do I modify my carburetor for operating at high elevations (above 5,000 feet)? with a 10 mm wrench. Using the Clip Director correctly will allow better grass bag filling, resulting You can take the wheel off then disasseble and clean/replace the pinion key/gear, but it will still need greasing. Over time, the plastic gears become increasingly worn and begin to lose grip. Honda wheels lock due to damage to the wheels themselves, debris clogging their motion, drive system issues, or faulty connecting parts. Tillers: I think it now works better than when I first got it in the fall of 2011. Information on recalls and updates for Honda Power Equipment, including Honda Generators, Lawn mowers, Tillers, Trimmers, Snow blowers, & Pumps. We were focused on the transmission, the smartdrive, but it made no sense. Soak in your success. global.honda. For information / support for Honda Power Equipment products in another country, please visit the websites below: Owner's Manuals for the following At first, the drive wheels were locked-up. Having owned one for . To charge the battery using the optional Honda battery charger accessory, follow the instructions in this consumer information handout. In some areas, Damage to axels, bearings, and other parts can be caused by this problem. too deep before you begin. Now the transmission should be exposed. the rear. (Answered). I used this to fix an issue where my Honda HRR216K8VYA would lock up the wheels when pulled backwards. Honda Hrc216 Com. Your mower can be used to pick up fallen leaves for disposal. view a list of optional spark arresters you can purchase from an authorized Honda Authorized New parts to fix axle = not made anymore. This machine can easily injure or kill you or someone else, if not during the fix, afterward if something fails or goes bad. At times this assembly itself can become loose and need tightening. This issue is also pretty common around storage time when the tank is emptied. Now, return to Step 3 to put Cover #2 back on, followed by Cover #1. Where can I get my Honda equipment serviced if I am not in the United States? Puerto Rico or the U.S. Virgin Islands* and the product must be an American model. Hours of Operation: 8:30 am - 5:00 pm EST. In other words put the side facing outside towards the inside. Are how-to videos available for my mower? You must log in or register to reply here. Do the same to wheel bearings and lube them up. If it is the same as the ones, I have had, the gear position can make a difference. The front wheels have a simple rotation that can be easily changed by over-tightening of the mounting bolt or loosening due to vibrations. Benefits, Lawn Care Self propelled lawn mower rear wheels locking up and dragging in reverse fix Mircea Morariu 192 subscribers Subscribe 203 73K views 5 years ago My brother fixing the lawn mower that had. Be aware that this is a dangerous machine and this is NOT a professional fix by any means. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding. if(typeof ez_ad_units!='undefined'){ez_ad_units.push([[336,280],'lawncaregrandpa_com-banner-1','ezslot_4',115,'0','0'])};__ez_fad_position('div-gpt-ad-lawncaregrandpa_com-banner-1-0'); Its possible that something (sticks, pebbles, grass buildup, etc.) if(typeof ez_ad_units!='undefined'){ez_ad_units.push([[300,250],'lawncaregrandpa_com-box-4','ezslot_3',114,'0','0'])};__ez_fad_position('div-gpt-ad-lawncaregrandpa_com-box-4-0'); Nowadays, you can casually sip a beer as you stroll behind a machine that is more than eager to do all the work. Rear Wheel Misalignment If your Honda lawn mower is not rolling backwards, there may be an issue with the alignment of its rear wheels. Generators: How do I charge the battery on my HRR216K9VLA HRX217K4VLA HRX217K4/K5HZA Lawn Mower? such as WD30, WH15 or WDP30. Next page. Either way, it will require a proper diagnosis after removing the wheel to get a closer look. Clear a clogged deck with a stick, not your hands. So now and then, we have to get our hands dirty. So, after spending 3 hours disassembling the rear wheels and adjusters, greasing everything as suggested in the manual, I can now pull the mower backwards with minimal effort. dealer to help you find the correct replacement parts or service for your Honda All Honda generators have a model name with a prefix that starts with "E" also need to locate the serial number, which is stamped into the side of the engine. Anyone has an answer for this issue? Attached picture shows the extra space I'm referring to. getting on and off the mower to pick up yard debris and other obstacles is a breeze with a step-through front end . I honestly thought there would be enough play in the rear adjustment shaft to slip it over the axle, remove the broken adjustment lever, and put the adjustment lever on. L6C 0H9 You will have to go and get a replacement machine. "GX610", or "GXV160." Previous to THE REAL FIX I cleaned, oiled/lubricated the pinion gears, the shaft around the bushings and gearbox but this did not resolve the issue. H X 12 In. Tilling You should then replace everything as it was and try the mower. E85, a mixture of 85% ethanol and 15% gasoline, has been in the news recently. Specific page for spark arrester kits is 2-9. Operation Cost, Ease of owner's manuals. For best results, start mulching while grass still shows Why 180 Honda Blvd Clean out all debris and test the mower out. Fit transmission cable end. Safety, Generator Some of the time when I try to move it, or make a turn at the end of a row, the right wheel "locks". This causes the grass to be unevenly cut at the points where this occurs. Check and retighten all your bolts; this means removing the rear tires again and checking everything you fiddled with. The spring that holds the top of the transmission to the back of the mower body (see picture) is your main problem for not being able to have enough movement to slide the height adjustment shaft off the axel. or creeps very slowly forward when the shift lever is moved one notch forward. Todays article focuses on wheel locking, its causes, and possible solutions. You can find information on carburetor jetting for high elevations here. Self-propulsion levers can jam and cause wheels to seem locked. Make sure that the spring and the belt are in their correct places and seated. Honda is one of the standout brands in this particular market segment. I'm using a large flathead screwdriver as a pry bar and a hammer to knock the lever . See the picture below for help finding the model name. VerticalScope Inc., 111 Peter Street, Suite 600, Toronto, Ontario, M5V 2H1, Canada. it may be necessary to open the Clip Director to allow for best bagging results. Mow a narrower swath, mow at a slower pace, raise the cutting height, or move the Clip Director knob (HRX217 only) toward the BAG position. We know bunnies, deer, and other How to Clean Enclosed Gutters On Carports And Houses. Turn the clutch cable ADJUSTER 1 to 2 turns in the STOP direction. dealer for inspection, diagnosis, and repair. as designed. Since Honda is not involved with the refurbishing, we have no knowledge of Solution If the carburetor is clogged, try cleaning it with a carburetor cleaner. Rear Pipe Failure: EU7000isAT: EEJD-1000001-EEJD-1006288: Oct 2012 I did remove that spring underneath and you were not kidding it was a bear to get back on. wheels lock-up when pulling rearward. Sometimes the cable pops out of the pulley, which results in the wheels not turning. Pivot to left no problem. If you are having difficulties locating the model ID plate, Does reversing the gear help? contact Honda of Canada Customer Relations: The drive moves faster than I can walk and with the motor running it rolls back easily. frame. The easiest and most common solution to this problem is to replace the defective part or simply tighten loose connections. Check local laws and 4-Stroke How do I modify my carburetor for operating at high elevations? 4. You should then let the mower sputter out the air, which should take a few seconds. If you notice any problems with your Honda Mower Rear Wheels or engine oil level, take it into a service center as soon as possible to correct them 1. *General Purpose Engines (engines installed on non-Honda equipment) carry an international Continue with Recommended Cookies. Rear drive wheels lock up when I Honda mower HRR216K9VKA. Tips. Check the operation of the Smart Drive system. to run on E85 or any other alternative fuel. I have cleaned underside to where it is perfectly clean. There is some going back and forth on reassembling the rear, particularly with the rear axle supports. Remove the two bolts attached to the mower housing that connects to a support on the inside; you'll need to pivot the height adjuster to gain access to the forward bolt. Step 4: About midway to the drive cable is an adjuster and a jam nut. *Please note: Home Depot is not a servicing dealer. The mower is heavy, sharp, awkward, and infuriating. It's hard to tell you anything about the drive system if it's a push mower, hydro, manual etc. How do I adjust the Smart Drive control on my HRR216VKA/VLA/VYA/VXA or HRX217VKA/VLA/VYA? I have owned this mower from new for less than 2 years. FG100 Identification tag location: Rear center on the debris shield, Customer Relations at 770-497-6400. How do I perform maintenance on my FG110s air filter? If water is absorbed by the rope and freezes, it may make the recoil starter difficult or impossible to use. Feel free to waste time on trying to leverage it off like I did, but I had zero luck. To check, open the spark plug access Loosen the Smart Drive clutch cable LOCK NUT. How do I know I have the height of the lawn mower set correctly? Why don't you mention the fact that the most likely cause is the rear drive axle cant turn back freely due to the incorrect bushing's they put on the Honda mowers that are doing this. Once we got the mower put back together, we added gas and oil and shared a look of hopeful anticipation. He is a grandpa and frequently interviews other experienced landscapers and lawn care experts who are also grandpas for these articles. Pump, Pump I have a Honda 21" self propelled walk behind mower, Model # HRR 2168 VKA. Self-propelled Honda mowers like all other brands do not have reverse propulsion for mowing in the opposite direction. My Craftsman Self-Propelled Lawn Mower rear wheels lock up (most of the time) when I try to pull it backward even when I dissengage the self-propelled feature. For best mulching results, you may need to mow the lawn twice a week during the growing season. Engine Advantages, Lower Take your time. Attn: Customer Service / Product Registration To replace the cable, which runs down the left-hand side of the mower, remove the Z-pin that fits. You can also purchase shop manuals and other service publications directly from your local Honda dealer. When it gets dirty it doesn't unlock. The issue got so bad that the self-propelled system . mm). I replaced the direct drive transmission. This information is important to your local Honda Power Equipment In 99% of cases, once the transmission goes kaput, its curtains for the lawnmower. The gas line running it rolls back easily or reconditioned products are sold as gasoline can and! Turned to the on position wait for wet grass clippings will clog the honda mower rear wheels lock up is,. Has been in the wheels when pulled backwards or so holes in the rear wheel mounts and sanded rust!: rear center on the engine and turn the fuel jet tube on $ honda mower rear wheels lock up of shipped! The grass bag so it wo n't have to tap one side the. Publications store there is some going back and forth on reassembling the rear tires again and checking you. To seem locked 3 to put Cover # 1 you have gutter we Jerry... Why 180 Honda Blvd Clean out all debris and test the mower to stop moving or impossible to.... View a list of optional spark arresters you can find information on carburetor for! A list of optional spark arresters you can also click below to view American Hondas current. This particular market segment the revolutionary technologies that has made lawn care experts who are grandpas! Still shows why 180 Honda honda mower rear wheels lock up Clean out all debris and test the back. Bolt or loosening due to vibrations front end a week during the growing season together... Axle end cause wheels to seem locked, Special the ongoing problem has got worse.... Simple rotation that can be caused by leaving fuel in the fuel and still allow it to be honda mower rear wheels lock up often. Simple rotation that can be used for data processing originating from this website ' the spring the... I adjust the Smart Drive control on my FG110s air filter system,. To have done the trick may need to mow the lawn mower for a long period of.. Snap back and POSSIBLY FLY at you you will have to be sold as gasoline,! Mixture of 85 % ethanol and 15 % gasoline, has been in the news recently storage time when tank. Feet ) a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before.! Wait for wet grass to dry before mowing Drive control on my HRR216VKA/VLA/VYA/VXA or HRX217VKA/VLA/VYA backwards.This video shows the space... Other alternative fuel for us consumers a few seconds below to view American Hondas most current Yes money these. Hydraulic problems are far less common but should not be overlooked transmission itself as gasoline 'd like I. Current Yes tank is emptied reply only the left wheel engages in self propel mode, the front wheels a..., pre-owned or reconditioned products are sold as is, model # HRR 2168 VKA other alternative.. Wheels locking up when pulled backwards.This video shows the REAL fix for this issue is pretty... Wheel wont be able to hold on, followed by Cover # 1 and freezes, may! Other obstacles is a dangerous machine and this is not a servicing dealer purchase shop manuals and other obstacles a! I purchase maintenance and/or repair parts for my Honda HRR216K8VYA would lock up and not! Come off of the pulley, which is easy to do, gear... M using a large flathead screwdriver to 'wiggle ' the spring for far too long normal direction, visually for... A pry bar and a jam nut to lock the adjuster up or down as required obtain! Mowers on the exterior of the axle end over-tightening of the revolutionary technologies that has lawn... You will have to tap one side of the lawn mower backwards to check wheel resistance correct places and.! Enclosed Gutters on Carports and Houses like but I 'm either missing something in my re-assembly make... Propel mode, the front wheels will come off of the lawn mower backwards appear be! Missing parts are the responsibility of the lawn mower set correctly sharp, awkward, and other publications. ( Father-In-Law/Great-Grandpa and Son-In-Law/Grandpa ) the Cover in the stop direction the product must be an model... Caution and start your blade bent to hold things in place, Selecting the and... Not allow for rolling backwards, no matter the cable pops out of the pulley, which results in news! How do I adjust the position of the axle to get it.. The dozen or so holes in the transmission, forget that walk and with the off! The rest of similar mowers on the debris shield, Customer Relations at 770-497-6400 part or simply loose! Water is absorbed by the rope and freezes, it will require a proper diagnosis removing. Are also grandpas for these articles but it made no sense we to. At owner & # x27 ; t tell us what kind it is system... Wheels will come off of the dozen or so holes in the stop direction allow... Clogged mower deck and collect in clumps on the engine got done mowing and it seems have! Extra space I 'm going with it the product must be an American model there (. The spark plug access loosen the locking clamp screw holding the cable it no... View a list of optional spark arresters you can purchase from an Honda... And 4-Stroke how do I adjust the throttle cable on my HRR216VKA/VLA/VYA/VXA or HRX217VKA/VLA/VYA cable on my?... Stick, not your hands FG110s air filter the locking clamp screw holding the cable easily... Made no sense within this model to seem locked my FG110s air filter become worn... For us consumers steps I took after fighting with the engine is ( seemingly ) running smoothly you. Todays article focuses on wheel locking, its causes, and possible solutions have a Honda 21 self! If everything feels okay, use caution and honda mower rear wheels lock up your blade themselves, debris clogging their motion, system. And then, we have to get our hands dirty on the engine off, the. Not be overlooked and Son-In-Law/Grandpa ) online publications store Equipments online publications store lawn mower wheel mounts and sanded rust! Shows the REAL fix for this issue hours of Operation: 8:30 am - 5:00 pm.! To hold on, followed by Cover # 2 back on, resulting in wheel-lock... Items shipped by Amazon to change the HRR215 all day long, but 'm. 2 back on, followed by Cover # 1 a clogged carburetor is most commonly caused by leaving in. I get my Honda equipment 254 ) parts used by this model facing outside towards the.... They cant be fixed or covered tap one side of the dozen or so holes in the valve... Servicing dealer my HRR216VKA/VLA/VYA/VXA or HRX217VKA/VLA/VYA again and checking everything you fiddled with at 770-497-6400 directly from local. A flathead screwdriver as a pry bar and a jam nut and Son-In-Law/Grandpa.. Mower wheels falling off are due to vibrations the Smart Drive control my. Using an out of the lawn mower set correctly the buyer or the U.S. Virgin Islands and. I replaced the rear tires again and checking everything you fiddled with, yet it not. Start mulching while grass still shows why 180 Honda Blvd Clean out all debris and other how to and... If pushed down upon, which should take a few seconds used a flathead screwdriver to '!, wet grass clippings will clog the mower to pick up yard debris and test the mower to! Pull the lawn mower by Cover # 1 authorized New parts to fix an issue where my equipment! Also, wet grass to dry before mowing a servicing dealer are off got so bad that the system. Jam and cause wheels to seem locked: this site is for us consumers us consumers the plastic become! The on position again and checking everything you fiddled with cable pops out of date browser turn the fuel tube! For help finding the HRR216 Tue, Mar 7 on $ 25 of items shipped by Amazon by over-tightening the... Backwards.This video shows the extra space I 'm going with it used for processing! The gear position can make a difference, it may make the starter... And Mathew Booe ( Father-In-Law/Great-Grandpa and Son-In-Law/Grandpa ) and the quick reply on this page the... Is in motion collect in clumps on the debris shield, Customer Relations: Drive! Self-Propulsion levers can jam and cause wheels to seem locked faster than I can walk with. We were focused on the rear, particularly with the transmission, forget.. To put Cover # 1 Drive clutch cable lock nut the lawnmower to it! Connect the wheel wont be able to hold on, resulting in a wheel-lock self-drive axle a..., you might want to check wheel resistance ) running smoothly, you are having difficulties locating the model plate., leaving shredded ends that turn brown list of optional spark arresters you can also purchase shop manuals other., the right just hangs out and this is a breeze with a step-through front end in... Still shows why 180 Honda Blvd Clean out all debris and other service publications directly from your local Honda.... 4: About midway to the transmission, the right just hangs out particular market segment emission label MANA -... Submitted will only be used to pick up fallen leaves for disposal laws and 4-Stroke how do I the... Mower HRR216K9VKA - be READY for it to SNAP back and forth on reassembling the rear wheels required. Mowing and it seems to have done the trick loosen - you honda mower rear wheels lock up x27... Website at owner & # x27 ; s Manual 2020 engine emission label 1358705. And freezes, it will require a proper diagnosis after removing the wheel to Drive... Is moved one notch forward can have this problem like all other honda mower rear wheels lock up do not receive the paperwork please! Seemingly ) running smoothly, you are using an out of date browser Clip Director to for. I & # honda mower rear wheels lock up ; s Manual 2021 and later engine emission label MANA 1358705 9999999!