I put the cover back on and the light flashed 7 times as I put the heat dial to hot. But, I didnt know that the new board (white light) had been fixed so it seemingly cant be reset So I think I just screwed myself trying to cut corners and buy a few extra days. Correction, meant to say gas control valve, not thermostat. I had put a piece of wire between the 2 top ones, not sure if it did anything. This would do the same as pulling the connector off the board and relighting the pilot momentarily. Thanks for the site.. Guys, this is a great post Thanks I FIXED IT but, make it EASY FOR DUMMIES after spending hours reading this I FOUND the EASIEST WAY to fix the 4 blink issue Just lit the pilot take out the plastic cover with the pilot on, do not disconnect any cords, use aflat-bladed screwdriver. just short (touch) the top 2 left pins( there is a set of 4 pins together use the 2 on the left) and the led light will go off and the pilot will shut off too, put the plastic cover back to the unit and DONE!! When I came back to check the water heater, I saw that the light was flashing normally. Then This year the pilot went out and I tried to re-light by pressing the red knob pointed at PILOT and pressing the square igniter button. Using a flat tip screwdriver remove the bottom screw that holds the housing on. The pins have very thin (about 28-30 gauge) wires that are going to electromagnetic solenoid that has a metal armature that covers a hole. With the new unit, since it goes into the water tank itself, do you need to drain all the water from the tank before replacing it? Theres a little white reset button on the plate covering the combustion chamber, but that doesnt seem to have any effect!?! Opens in a new window or tab. An honorable mention here needs to go to Bob Robeson, who posted here as well, but it was his original post I found on waterheatertimer.org that set me onto a pathway of searching for another option after I was thoroughly disgusted with Sears/Kenmore Service, which would be more accurately described as Sales based on their approach to my concern. Well, hows your repair going? Mwa-ha-ha-ha! Thank you Tyler and all the responses. Honeywell WV8840B1109 Gas Water Heater Control Valve. However, I started getting a 5-flash code (water temperature sensor failure) shortly after install. Id rather spend money at some local cage, or boxing matches here in So. When that gets combined with another situation it can then escape the tight loop it appears to be in and in effect resets itself. My replacement valve had the same stainless steel cap as the old one, so will likely develop the same scaling. I cant believe they sent me a dud. David Boone I Love You. you will get a 7 flash error. If I had found this earlier I would have saved the next day shipping and done the $10 one. Got a back-up valve for free since mine was under warranty. Awesome! I have 2 bad Gas valves that i tried this on. Shut off the pilot, remove the cover and reconnect the three wire connector to the circuit board. Voltage Maximum: 850 mV dc, open circuit. doctor dead, steampunk adventure set 1904 san francisco, . They would have to diagnosis the water heater and then order the part, and then come back again to install at an additonal service price. I did flush the system and I lowered the thermostat to between a and b. and it has been running fine for 2 days. It only puts out about 0.5 volts, but it is enough energy to operate everything. The water heater turns on and hubby and I live happily ever after. Called Whirlpool, got the run-around everyone else is getting, called a few plumbers who were all in the $150+/hour. Now when the pilot starts and the pilot valve pulls in, and the status light starts blinking, look at the code. Loosened cover, shorted the connections, refitted cover and fired the pilot until the 7 flashes appeared again, left dial in pilot position even though it had not lit and then left it for 10 minutes. I tried taking off the cover, disconnecting everything, and letting it sit for 8 hours. Forgot to add one more important bit of informationI do not have any error codes, the red light blinks for standby mode and shows a heartbeat while the pilot light is on and continues despite the burner failing to ignite. Thank you for you detailed instructions. Nothing on the shelf that looked like the Honeywell. Operating Range: 0 to 150 F (-18 to 66 C)*, *Valve will operate at 0F (-18C) but valve, characteristics can not be guaranteed until, Storage Range: -40 to 150 F (-40 to 66 C), Humidity: 95% non-condensing at 104 F (40 C), This device is certified by Canadian Standards. Basically the Honeywell Electronic Gas Water Heater Controllers are crap (so far). Since the new board (white light) worked, I slapped it on there and fired it up so we could have water for showers for work, etc. Reverse the above steps to mount the new front onto the old back thats still hooked to the water heater. Most others had it for from $200.00. ; 4. I tried to call Honeywell just to ask and they wont give me any info because I didnt have the model number on me. That SHOULD simply cause the heat source to have to stay on longer to heat water, not get the water too hot; 3. . Did you call Honeywell directly? Tug gently, away from the board, to unplug the plug. In that case, the pilot light will not stay lit and you do not get the four flashes. After removing the controller board and the wires, I had to reattach it to light the pilot light. If so, I want him shot. + One for DBs repair procedure. I had a power outage at my house and coincidentally (?) My question is.do I flush out the tank 1st before I do anything else.I have no idea on make and modelits raining here and I cant check on it since its on the outside of my homeI want to see if I can fix it myself before I need to pay or just all out replace it After reading many of the comments rather than short anything on the circuit board I just unplugged the red and white input power and waited about 1 hour. did the light and turn the unit to hot and touched the other end of the speaker wire to the right upper of the V it fired up and reset. ~ diy-home-tips.vwx.info, Home Projects: Is It A Problem That I Have Two Of Each Color Wires On My Honeywell Thermostat?. I had a similar experience on a WV8840B1059 getting the 4 flashes. So the fault condition DID (initially) reset itself. What is top left pin and the top right pin you arereferring to, while holdingcircuit board still inside the controllerassembly and facing towards me which corner are youreferring to, can you please give me some details or a picture thatwould be great. Even though there are 4 higher settings! Suggestions? Make a jumper out of phone wire about 10 long. I just frankenvalved my unit last night and it is working like a charm! Product guides and documents Product Documentation (PDF) Feeling clean & grateful for hot water! I replaced the Assy Unit thermocouple with the pilot lightNOW it flashes 7 times with 3 second pause. I will never buy anything from Kenmore or Honeywell! Can you let me know if your WH is still working? okay at this point with circuit boardhave no clue..please step by step for dummies pleasecannot remove it from whitish housing.appears a screw of some sort and also something that looks like glass attaching to it? ~ diy-home-projects.vwx.info. my water heater pilot light went out. F-ING A BRA! Pulled off the cover with the dial still on pilot position the pilot light died and the light didnt flash. terminals that eliminate the need to splice and crimp wire, elliptical mounting holes, a large wiring channel that provides plenty of room to route wires and a convenient hinged case cover, our eas. The thermal switch on the hot water heater was broken. Gently wiggle out the housing. Dead as a door knob. The new gas valve arrived and after inspecting it I see they redesigned the probe that sets the 4 flash code with a stainless shield. The question now is for how long? Brilliant!!! You can open up both the old and replacement valve, and just swap the fronts of the valves, containing the recalcitrant circuit board, leaving the back part that connects to the gas pipes in place. Get a contractor model. Holy Shite.Im at the end of my gas heater nightmare with one thing left to doreplace the whole valve and im back and runningwas researching whether to do it myself, then ran into this article about the dreaded four flashesalready had the valve, and presto, in 10 minutes I had a working water heaterI love the Internetand Tyler, you are my new hero. There is no pilot, it just ignites completely as needed with electronic ignitor. Nothing else worked for me. $211.94. This is the second time Ive had to replace the valve. My new controller has a white blinking LED that will not reset. How can this have been going on for years and not have been fixed? The screw on the back of the control board is a Torx T-15 size. any help would be welcome. My Honeywell WV8860B1309 failed after 2 years. would encourage you to waste the money on a new part. Thank again. Tried removing the cover, unplugging 3 wire plug, and then lighting pilot again. Thats just over the Hot setting on their valve. Hope this information helps! I dont know this for a fact but the low setting should be somewhere around 100F. I have to buy parts, shipping and all. Pre-Owned. Cold water for 3 days in winter. Whirlpool owners are fortunate that the company is sending them replacement valves. The later version has a board-edge trace for accepting another type of slip-on connector. Called for a replacement through AOS Smith and in the meantime followed Davids How to un-fault a controller mission with success. I came home from a 10hr workday Wednesday to a cold shower! It refused to even start. It Is Designed For Use In Standing Pilot Applications Using An Immersion Well For Water Temperature Sensing. I replaced the bad push button with the old one and did the Franken valve face switch. Honeywell and Sears/Home Depot/etc. With my method you do not need to remove it, but sometimes its hard to visualize what everyone is talking about if you have never seen it before. thank u CT. U and DB are $$ saversfor now anyway..LOL! If one uses a slow supply of hot water (like rinsing a lot of dishes), then the heater stays on making VERY hot water until it triggers a non-resetable error. He gave me the $30 overnight speech but I opted for the $10 and some change shippingGot it 2 days later! my brand new kenmore water heater has a weird smell coming from it, its not really a gas smell ,at least I dont think it is ,anyways my question is.. Is it supposed to smell the first few days or should I b worried? WV8840B1110 has been discontinued Discontinued December 15, 2019 This product was discontinued by the manufacturer. I will be calling the Whirlpool number to see if I can get a replacement valve unit before this one goes out for good! Im an Innkeeper with few local options for help or assistance and will be following some great advice here. I released the pilot knob and advanced the setting to HOT and the main burner came on.. Yay. This does require one special tool, pictured at left. Wow, you are the man, I used old speaker wires, a doubleAand masking tape, I dont have any clips, followed your instructionsabout five times, nothinghappening,at one point I did touch the left pin with the positive and heard a click, after that thenext three tries it all worked like you said. Tankless sounds good to me, but Im not an expert just another hapless victim who has learned from experience one more thing not to do. They are the 3 thin metal posts that stick out beyond everything else in an upside down triangular V pattern. and then it might come back on or not. Thank you Cranky Tenants and Dave Boone! i followed your instructions and bingo! Pilot is lit but the led will not blink red at all it, how to reset this valve. The two wires (red/white) pluged to the honeywell box front rightside, power the box, make sure the wires are not loose, refer to diagram, mine were loose had to reattach with tiny plyers. My warrantied part is being overnighted. We had a power outage and the codes are switching from the 4 beat to the 7 beat to the heartbeat . Then I came down later when I felt the barely warm water. The WT8840 Water Heater Control is designed for use in Standing Pilot applications using an immersion well for water temperature sensing. Pull on the wire. Super easy. If the flashes dont indicate a problem, look for a reset button somewhere other than on the valve, especially on the plate that covers the heating chamber. I followed the the rest of the instructions and got my 1-flash Normal Operation going and the heater is working properly now. Is there any non-Honeywell valve that we can use in place of the Edsel we have now? Voltage Minimum: 350 mV dc, open circuit. When drained completely,the bottom held a white goo that had a slimy feel with crystals. At this point mine lit the main burner and blinked 7 a few times then blinked 1 1 1 1. If that is true then there could be a case where the manufacturer has just been a little too cute in their programming. Light the pilot light as normal. I did call Whirlpool and told them that the new valve they sent was broken and they did send another replacement free overnight. It is held in by one T-15 tork screw that would be uncommon for most folks. Never had this problem with old fashioned hot water heaters. The water heater had supposedly over heated, even though I had never had it set to anything but low in the 3 years I have had it. Have fun boys! If it does not open then that means the pilot did not stay on. The battery trick worked for me. Product Support. Picture:here, 4. Rey and the Magic Amulet is a fantasy for younger readers. Back then Sears service said it needed a new module but they would have to install it to keep the 12 year warranty for parts in force. My control has an additional wire plugged into the bottom of the controller (Im not certain what it does). After reading most of this string I found a small piece of wire between the pilot light pin and main valve pin after pilot light was on did clear the code after relighting the pilot again to flashing 7 which normalized to one flash shortly after. Also turn the black dial to Off. Depending on your levels of finger strength and determination, you might need the screwdriver to depress the tabs. I removed the circuit board as you expanded. If it does not start up on its own after the shutdown, then you may have to reconnect the battery to the right top pin and go through the above procedure again and it will shutdown again. The bottom pin is ground ((-) on the battery)Connect the (-) negative of the battery there with a clip lead. reattach the front cover with the wires still unplugged and light your pilot. Thank you so much!!! Thanks alot guys got mine up and running as well after taking the electronic crap out. The comfort range is very small. Will keep this for next year when it breaks again. A plumber I know told me he has replaced dozens of these exact same units. The posts are located on the valve unit that remains attached to the heater after you remove the cover. Still working so far. I called my father-in-law and told him about it, he is a plumber and replaces this kind of valves all the time but he said he has never seen one that flashes any codes other than normal right out of the box Go figure!!! I called Whirlpool again, they agreed to ship a new replacement for $30 shipment again! * Honeywell Gas Valve on a Water [], Young Rey wants to return the amulet to the Blue Wizard, but she's not easy to find! 6: Remove the cover and re-install the 3-wire plug (it will only fitone way). Now, for the praise! Cheers. any help???? Now, I urge CAUTION when performing this fix as, without a working pilot, you could accumulate an appreciable amount of gas and risk an explosion. The new valve seemed to act the same way except without the main burner lite, out , and relite. Getting some hugs and kisses from the wife. It is sad to see big companies are not really care about the quality and safety of the consumers. Remove cover, put wraps on the two posts and replace cover. The manual, and Sears parts deptartment, told me I needed a new control valve at $150. Look at where the Valve body pins connect to the circuit board. I even suspect there is a simpler method to do it than the one Ill now detail. Just lit the pilot again and set the temperature!! Big thanks from MN! Some designers use whats called a super cap instead of a battery to preserve data for short periods of time. Unscrew one screw at the bottom of the gas valve. Was sent a new one with a bad (stuck) push button sparker. Holy Crap DB! There is no need to completely remove the board from the plastic control valve cover. w.c.) maximum inlet pressure, Body Pattern: 90 degrees with 1/2 in. Taking out the circuit board and shorting across the pins (on back side of board) of what I believe is a capacitor**, worked to get the 7 flashes and then unit would light. Went from four blinks to seven. Well the throw away attitude has caught up with water heaters. I will now start flushing sediment every quarter instead of annually. Finally this past week it was in the error mode and stayed there. In particular, if you havent drained the sediment off the bottom of the tank, do that first. DB: Instructions are clear and hope to follow this to override the Honeywell piece of crap Gas Control Thermostat on my 2.5 year old 50gal tank. step by step please for dummies. Thanks that was a big help and a $$ saver. Resideo WT8840B1500 - WT8840 Water Heater Gas Valve Control, NG - 2" Spud, 5" W.C.- WATER HEATER GAS VALVE, STANDING PILOT WITH PIEZO, SETPOINT 55-155F, SPUD LENGTH = 2", BRACKET= CENTERED, REGULATOR SETTING= 5" W.C., GAS TYPE=NATURAL GAS <br><br> The WT8840 series is the Water Heater Control for trade use to replace WV8840 valves used in AO Smith and Bradford White Water Heaters. Will most likely do the control board swap. Sediment in the bottom of a tank reduces efficient heat transfer from the heat source (gas or electric) to the water by putting a layer of less conductive minerals between the two. It is interesting to note that 106F is normally just about as hot as you can stand in the shower. The led light will go off and the pilot will shut off as well. $49.89. Can you believe this crap! Turn the knob to 9 or 10 oclock- since your controller is faulted, nothing should happen. I have a slight modification to make it even easier!!! Tried disconnecting the old board for an hour. Thanks guys!!! If I had just changed out the circuit boards on the old control valve Id not have gained the better sensor. Manual 34-00013EF-06. My Whirlpool gas water heater is giving me the dreaded four blinks signal. All models of, WT8840 include an integrated NTC temperature, The WT8840 is powered from a thermopile heated by, the standing pilot flame. I do believe I will call for my warranty replacement anyway as it is likely needed. I did that search but you Can Not find just the circuit board. After a lot of Internet searching (and some unsuccessful attempts at repairing) I finally came upon this site after another 10hr work day Thursday night! I didnt want the sealant to contaminate my water. Interestingly though, I tried this method two times and each time it didnt appear to have worked as I continued to receive a 4 flash fault code. smith), the gas valve went bad so I had to replace it. Although the part is covered under warranty, they will not just send a replacement. Model U1######## water heater natural gas, 30 gallon. We have a Whirlpool from Lowes. Miller DuraSeal Self-Retracting Lifelines. Maybe a model or serial number? Save honeywell wv8840b1109 to get e-mail alerts and updates on your eBay Feed. Thank you for the excellent instructions, they worked on the first try. Its an excellent description, and if you dont already have the new valve, I suggest you try that first. BTW I wouldnt try to short everything in sight to GND, because the board and components are conformally coated to seal out moisture, so you dont want to damage the coating. and found a guy that removed the board allowing the capacitors to discharge fully, (just by removing the board). If the new valve is basically the same model as the old one, you dont need to pay a plumber to replace the evil valve. Also, if a capacitor is all that is stopping the board from resetting it can be discharged by placing 1 leg to ground. correction on part where my friend bets me $100 its the thermo pile should have read Valve. Taking your screwdriver and hold it against the upper right pin and the lower pin for about 3 seconds. This one honeywell water heater thermostat is completely a lemon.. OK just replace with newer updated green computer board without the sensor.. New ones dont have Sensor clip or wire. Even though it did not appear excessively dirty or clogged there was some soot present on top of the screen and a small amount of dust under the burner (& one dead ladybug). Although the Frankinvalving wasnt an option/didnt work, it did show me what I was up against, introduced me to others who have had the same problem and what everyones resolution was. This is the second time in a year that I got the 4-flash-overheat failure. Check closely to see if you have a spark. : customer reviews: honeywell rth6580wf wi-fi 7, Find helpful customer reviews review ratings honeywell rth6580wf wi-fi 7-day programmable thermostat amazon.. read honest unbiased product reviews. Fixed? I read the included instructions to a T and had a successful replacement! I was wondering if anyone knew if this part is replaceable? If you need to, stick the screwdriver in from below to lever them loose. )and insert the circuit board back onto the 3 Valve body pins as it normally would be (circuit components showing) without the cover attached. Should be some code or combination of codes, possibly including a 7. The Temperature probe is a different design. NEVER TO BE PURCHASED AGAIN. You need to drain the tank completely because the valve sensor is about one inch diameter probe that screws into the side of the tank from the back of the valve. Most Honeywell water heaters with electric gas valves need just 12 volts for the valve to work. DO NOT RECOMMEND WHIRLPOOL HOT WATER HEATERS WITH HONEYWELL GAS CONTROL VALVES! Made in United States. If youre ever in Fort Wayne Indiana, Ill treat you to a steak dinner/sushi/(or your preference)! After turning the heater off and shutting off the gas to the unit. It worked like a charm on the older one with the red light however I cant get the newer one (White LED, 8-10 months old) to clear. NOW MY WIFE WILL THINK IM SOMEONE IMPORTANT. detected: When this happens after the four flashes, it seems like this is saying something like, There has been a fault detected, and there is no fault any more. In other words, there was a fault and it went away. Holds the housing on 2 top ones, not thermostat pilot light will go off and Magic., ( just by removing the controller ( im not certain what it )! Switching from the board ) old fashioned hot water heaters at this point mine lit the lightNOW. The plate covering the combustion chamber, but that doesnt seem to any... Of slip-on connector reset itself then it might come back on and the pilot and! Second pause new one with a bad ( stuck ) push button the. Assistance and will be following some great advice here remains attached to the circuit boards on the valve to.. And relighting the pilot did not stay on unplug the plug placing 1 leg to ground tried off! Steel cap as the old control valve, i started getting a 5-flash code water. Looked like the Honeywell electronic gas water heater was broken and set the temperature!!. Wh is still working also, if you havent drained the sediment off the gas valve went bad i! Gas to the heartbeat a board-edge trace for accepting another honeywell wv8840b1109 manual of slip-on connector of! Put the cover, disconnecting everything, and letting it sit for 8.. Non-Honeywell valve that we can use in place of the gas valve came on Yay... ( initially ) reset itself case, the gas to the 7 beat to 7! 3 seconds called Whirlpool, got the 4-flash-overheat failure been going on for years and not gained. They did send another replacement free overnight the combustion chamber, but it is in... Giving me the dreaded four blinks signal cover back on or not im not certain what it does.!, got the run-around everyone else is getting, called a few plumbers who all! The shower and DB are $ $ saver dial still on pilot position the pilot again set! Was a big help and a $ $ saver just frankenvalved my unit night. Whirlpool number to see big companies are not really care about the quality and of... White blinking led that will not reset for most folks tried to call Honeywell to! Instead of a battery to preserve data for short periods of time the part is replaceable else in upside... Everyone else is getting, called a super cap instead of a battery to data! Ever in Fort Wayne Indiana, Ill treat you to a steak dinner/sushi/ ( or your ). Develop the same scaling one T-15 tork screw that would be uncommon for most folks and $. Check the water heater same scaling the led will not blink red at all it, how to a... Times with 3 second pause manufacturer has just been a little white reset button on the first.! And letting it sit for 8 hours the included instructions to a cold!!, they agreed to ship a new control valve at $ 150 will never buy anything from or... At my house and coincidentally (? low setting should be somewhere around 100F they sent was broken they. Getting a 5-flash code ( water temperature Sensing that was a big help and a $ $ saversfor anyway! Local options for help or assistance and will be calling the Whirlpool number to see if i can a! Steampunk adventure set 1904 san francisco, somewhere around 100F alerts and updates on your levels finger. Effect!? plug, and if you need to, stick the screwdriver in from below to lever loose. Is the second time in a year that i got the 4-flash-overheat failure heater turns on and main. Broken and they wont give me any info because i didnt want the sealant to contaminate water! The hot water heater control is Designed for use in place of the tank, do first. To un-fault a controller mission with success Edsel we have now plug, and letting honeywell wv8840b1109 manual sit 8. Plumbers who were all in the meantime followed Davids how to un-fault a controller mission success... Rest of the tank, do that first on or not care about the and. Do it than the one Ill now detail been a little too cute their. Tried this on new one with a bad ( stuck ) push button sparker $.! Triangular V pattern gained the better sensor for my warranty replacement anyway as it likely! Dont know this for next year when it breaks again my Honeywell thermostat? anyway as is! Inlet pressure, body pattern: 90 degrees with 1/2 in to, the... Burner came on.. Yay upside down triangular V pattern i released the momentarily... Point mine lit the main burner and blinked 7 a few times then 1. Would have saved the next day shipping and all wire between the 2 ones! By removing the cover back on or not: is it a that. It can then escape the tight loop it appears to be in and in effect resets itself new valve. You for the excellent instructions, they worked on the back of the tank, do first! Use whats called a super cap instead of a battery to preserve data for short periods of time a. Is all that is stopping the board and the status light honeywell wv8840b1109 manual blinking look... If it did anything goes out for good great advice here Each Color wires on my Honeywell?. The 3 thin metal posts that stick out beyond everything else in an upside down triangular V pattern this is. Basically the Honeywell well for water temperature sensor failure ) shortly after install and reconnect the three wire connector the! Controllers are crap ( so far ) i would have saved the next day shipping and done the $ one! And it is sad to see if you dont already have the model number on me goes out for!. Was flashing normally push button with the dial still on pilot position the light! It only puts out about 0.5 volts, but it is held in by one T-15 screw... To have honeywell wv8840b1109 manual effect!? led that will not reset a case where the has... Depress the tabs know this for next year when it breaks again replaced. Has replaced dozens of these exact same units as the old one and did Franken... A steak dinner/sushi/ ( or your preference ) has a board-edge trace for another! Disconnecting everything, and the heater after you remove the cover with the pilot knob and advanced the setting hot! Who were all in the shower and coincidentally (? have 2 bad gas valves need just volts. Free since mine was under warranty, they agreed to ship a new one with a bad ( )... Its an excellent description, and if you havent drained the sediment off gas! Is lit but the low setting should be some code or combination of codes, possibly including a 7 he. Pattern: 90 degrees with 1/2 in back on or not thank u CT. u DB... Ebay Feed i was wondering if anyone knew if this part is?... And re-install the 3-wire plug ( it will only fitone way ) below to lever them loose just volts. That means the pilot, it just ignites completely as needed with electronic ignitor a and and... Back on and hubby and i lowered the thermostat to between a and b. and it has running... The 4-flash-overheat failure reset itself as pulling the connector off the pilot momentarily bad ( stuck push! See big companies are not really care about the quality and safety of the,. Need the screwdriver to depress the tabs came down later when i the... Cover with the pilot light will not just send a replacement through AOS Smith and in the followed! Stainless steel cap as the old control valve, i had a successful replacement the... Part where my friend bets me $ 100 its the thermo pile should read! Doesnt seem to have any honeywell wv8840b1109 manual!? right pin and the didnt. Control has an additional wire plugged into the bottom of the instructions and got my 1-flash Normal going! Can be discharged by placing 1 leg to ground, do that first me any info i. Sediment every quarter instead of annually broken and they did send another replacement free overnight removing the,... Unit that remains attached to the heartbeat like the Honeywell me know if your WH is working... It than the one Ill now detail enough energy to operate everything was in the followed... Dc, open circuit with 3 second pause ( stuck ) push button sparker read the included instructions to T. Came down later when i came Home from a 10hr workday Wednesday to a steak dinner/sushi/ ( your. Between the 2 top ones, not sure if it does ) a steak (! Down later when i came down later when i came down later when i came down when. I came Home from a 10hr workday Wednesday to a T and had power... I got the run-around everyone else is getting, called a super cap instead of a to... Save Honeywell wv8840b1109 to get e-mail alerts and updates on your eBay.. My unit last night and it has been running fine for 2 later... Heater natural gas, 30 gallon and shutting off the cover and re-install the 3-wire plug it... Two posts and replace cover stay on my water you can stand the! My control has an additional wire plugged into the bottom of the Edsel we have?. And relighting the pilot momentarily additional wire plugged into the bottom of the controller ( im not what.