An architecturally andsocially significant Sydney landmarksince its construction in 1924. increasing demands for exhibition space in the Showground. How to Buy Tickets at Hordern Pavilion Very theatrical with oxygen administered between nurse and endless cries of shaddup. Played by a New South Wales team against New Zealand's rebel 1907 tourists, it attracted a sellout crowd of approximately 20,000. Hordern Pavilion - Information, photos, map, comments, tips and upcoming events and tickets- Paddington, Australia Select preferred language: Upcoming Events, Hordern Pavilion - Paddington, Australia. Hordern Pavilion (known locally as The Hordern) is a building located in Moore Park, Sydney, New South Wales, Australia, on the grounds of the old Sydney Showground. My most vivid memory is of Deep Purples first set, they played for about 40 minutes non-stop belting out one hit after another. Saw Rod Stewart there Feb19 1977. Visit their website: www.playbillvenues.com. Address: Driver Ave (next to Entertainment Quarter) Moore Park NSW 2021 Australia. Over the last forty English rock band Led Zeppelin played to over 25,000 fans at the Sydney Showground in February 1972 as part of their 1972 Australasian Tour. I saw Jackson Browne there in the 70s when he was very young and beautiful and the music was as fresh as his sweet shining face. Centennial Park - a place for everyone. 3 people approched us and asked if we wanted their tix as they had to go, we were 15 at the time, so we got all our cash together and bludged cash off others to make the $8.00 (yep 8 bucks to see bob) Were the Doobies at the Pav or the Ent Cent? - Food & Beverage outlets within performance area and outdoor beer garden experience. It's old-school punk party complete with stage invasions, crowdsurfing and an arsenal of punk anthems, it's Iggy And The Stooges' Sydney show! Purchase tickets online 24 hours a day or by phone 1-800-515-2171. Good times! [6], Coordinates: .mw-parser-output .geo-default,.mw-parser-output .geo-dms,.mw-parser-output .geo-dec{display:inline}.mw-parser-output .geo-nondefault,.mw-parser-output .geo-multi-punct{display:none}.mw-parser-output .longitude,.mw-parser-output .latitude{white-space:nowrap}335338S 1511327E / 33.89389S 151.22417E / -33.89389; 151.22417, Royal Agricultural Society of New South Wales, The Presidents of the United States of America, Consumer Prices and Expenditure Patterns in Australia 18501914, "PROGRESS OF THE ROYAL AGRICULTURAL SOCIETY OF N.S.W. In the 1950s stock cars began to appear joined much later by demolition derbies. / Mark Gibson Features: Commercial kitchen Kitchen Bar Walk in cool room Toilet Stairs Multiple areas Open plan Outdoor area Views: Capacity: up to 5500: Event Types: Concert Venue: The Hordern Pavilion has long been one of Sydney's favourite entertainment venues. Although solo motorcycles were first to race at the Showgrounds they were soon joined by sidecars, speedcars and later Super Modifieds. It has hosted some of the most popular rock names including Paul McCartney & Wings, Bob Marley, INXS, . purpose, the first exhibition held at the Hordern Pavilion, in 1924, focused The Hordern Pavilion. and even at Bondi Pavilion,as he was on a postage stamp of a stage, with TWO! Wakeman 75 with all those keyboards and the blowup dinosaurs. The exact postal address is 1 Driver Avenue, Moore Park, Sydney, Sydney, Sydney, Australia What artists have previously played at The Hordern Pavilion? I have been to hundreds of shows since and never seen anything to compare. that starred Elton John ( In an elaborate coloured balls outfit) yet had bands like Buffalo ,Hush etc.. We look forward to seeing you soon! The Hordern Pavilion has long been one of Sydney's favourite entertainment venues. Opened in 1924 as an exhibition hall for the display of futuristic technology electric lights, wireless receivers and motor cars millions of people have crossed the Hordern's threshold since. Walked out onto the main drag (after walking across those parks) and couldnt hear the traffic. 222,950 were here. 30 Birmingham Street, Alexandria NSW 2015, Australia, 1991-2022 Copyright Laissez-faire Catering | Web CMS by Elcom. (117') HUOM . Anyone remember what date the Muddy Waters gig was? I read in Erics autobio that he was permanently pissed during this tour (having gone from being a junkie to an alcoholic without skipping a beat), but as it was Australia, nobody noticed! The Hordern contains multiple Food & Beverage outlets located both in Foyer and inside the Pavilion itself. Hordern Pavilion 1 Driver Ave., Moore Park, New South Wales 2021, Australia Get Directions Videos of this Lineup 4:17 2:59 4:08 6:15 3:55 See all Lineup Videos Venue Website Tickets & Info Mar. Built in 1924, prior to the opening of the Sydney Entertainment Centre in the 1980s, The Hordern Pavilion was the biggest indoor venue available. Recommended Tram Take the tram from Haymarket station to Moore Park station 10 min $3 - $5 Cheapest Line 339 bus The Hordern Pavilion Venues H. Sydneys Hordern Pavilion has been a leading live music venue for more than 50 years. Urbnsurf, Australia's first surf park, builds capacity to host large live music events and hosts a twilight series of original acoustic music. 'piece-meal' nature of the floor's construction over many years, the existing Now for the rest, Ike and Tina turners first tour about 1976? What are the best seats at Hordern Pavilion? As a Jazz Musician, he had completely re invented himself and infected me with his devotion and unparalleled ability and finesse. Browse and book your dream wedding today. I was there with my now wife of 42 years and her brother. Hordern Pavilion is located in Moore Park. Amazing performance and very lucky to see them. Everyone has a story from the Hordern! He gives an hilarious account of that gig & many others. A while back now I went to see Long Way to the Top. was increased to 5,300. Catering to large events of more than 1,000 people with over 3,000sqm of venue space. Frank Sinatra, Coldplay, Florence + the Machine, Justin Timberlake, Nirvana, Lorde, Queen and even The Jackson Five it all happened here! Holding around 5000 people many consider it to be an ideal sized venue. Hordern Pavilion 1 Driver Ave Moore Park NSW 2021. Encouraging small feathered friends to your garden, The Ian Potter Children's WILD PLAY Garden. The Pavilion was named in honour of the enterprising retail Hordern family, Anthony Hordern and Sons, and Sir Samuel Hordern, who was the president of the Royal Agricultural Society from 1915 to 1941. Now best known as a dance party and rock concert venue, the Hordern Pavilion was originally constructed for the Royal Agricultural Society of New South Wales to meet the increasing demands for exhibition space at the Royal Easter Show. Sabbath (Support: AC/DC), November 1975 - Paul Only thing was I felt the stage position had changed? Description. Buy official Hordern Pavilion tickets. ENQUIRE NOW SAFETY INDUCTION Kausi 1. Centennial Park's picnic sites may be booked by private, school or corporate groups of all sizes. Collect 10 nights get 1 free* The Hordern Pavilion with see renovations made to protect it's heritage and . Built in 1924 by the Royal Agricultural Society of NSW, it was originally used as exhibition space for the Royal Easter Show when it was based at Moore Park. Gday Rob, Where Can I Stay near Hordern Pavilion? Would have been mid 70s Id say, but Im keen to know the date. Learn the basics of camping on a fun filled night in Centennial Park. In line with its intended Easter Show's move to its new Homebush site, the Hordern Pavilion was Clearance Pay & Display Restrooms RV Parking Semi Truck Parking Tailgating Permitted Unobstructed Validation Video Monitoring Zip Car. The building is designed in the Inter War Academic Classical This site built and maintained by My Business Engine, Recording the Golden Age of Australian Live Music, The Prisoners were a short-lived Sydney-based Punk Rock band that , About Since the mid 80s the Choirboys have been performing , It is with much sadness that I learnt of the , Australian Musicians & Crew born in February Australian Musicians passing , A few weeks back I had the extreme pleasure of , I was contacted a little while back by Ian Piggy , Billed as Castrol GTX Fat Session Went to do a gig at the Horden in the 90s and nearly cried. ", https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Hordern_Pavilion&oldid=1135261254, The FBI Benefit Concert 4 November 1995, The Irresponsathon Music Festival 7 December 1997, The Fuzzy Winter Break Music Festival 3 July 2004, The Mardi Gras Music Festival 3 March 2007, 7 March 2009 and 7 March 2015, The Fresh Party Music Festival 14 April 2007, The We Love Sounds Music Festival 10 June 2007, 8 June 2008, 6 June 2009 and 12 June 2010, The Breakout Music Festival 15 September 2007 and 2 December 2011, The Afterlife Music Festival 30 September 1 October 2007, The Imagine Music Festival 19 October 2007, The Ministry of Sound Rave 12 December 2007, The New Year's Jam 31 December 2007 1 January 2008, The Freedom Music Festival 23 August 2008, The Red Bull Soundclash Festival 11 December 2008, The NeverEverLand Music Festival 13 December 2008, The X-QLUSIVE Showtek Music Festival 19 December 2008, 19 December 2009 and 19 May 2012, The Raggamuffin Reggae Music Festival 3 February 2009, The Trance Energy Music Festival 9 April 2009, The Twice in a Blue Moon Music Festival 12 September 2009, The Creamfields Music Festival 1 May 2010 and 30 April 2011, The Utopia Homegrown Music Festival 14 August 2010, The Godskitchen Trance Music Festival 3 October 2010 and 2 October 2011, The No Sleep 'Til Sydney Music Festival 18 December 2010, The Optus RockCorps Music Festival 11 April 2013, This page was last edited on 23 January 2023, at 16:02. Saw don mclean in 73 and 74, bo diddley 74 ?, status quo I think 76, slade 74, suzi quatro 75 ?, sonny terry and brownie mcghee 74, quite an early mix then many more over the years and last month I saw Guy sebastian and next month it will be the fabulous tea party. 2016 Limit of Love (Live at the Hordern Pavilion) 1 4:10 Rabbit Song (Live at the Hordern Pavilion) 2 2:40 Lordy May (Live at the Hordern Pavilion) 3 4:31 Bridges (Live at the Hordern Pavilion) 4 4:01 Where'd You Go (Live at the Hordern Pavilion) 5 3:28 Located in the historic Moore Park a number of legends and maestros such as Frank Sinatra, Coldplay, Cirque du Soleil, Billy Connolly to name a few have walked through the walls of Hordern. 1 Driver Ave, Moore Park NSW 2021 We connect curriculum to nature, providing an experience unlike any in the classroom. The most exciting white performer by far was Rory Gallagher in Feb 1975, wowee what a performer. Since the departure of the Sydney Royal Easter Show to the new showground, the old showground has been redeveloped as Fox Studios, and later Disney Studios Australia, a commercial venture designed at supporting Australia's film industry. Mitzidahlink. Amenities & Extras $ = Additional Cost. I remember I thought Angus and the boys blew Sabbath away that night. It is in close proximity with some of Sydney's largest public venues, namely the Sydney Cricket Ground, Sydney Football Stadium, and the Hordern Pavilion, a multipurpose entertainment venue.[2]. I havent checked the site for a while. Jack Johnson sat in with Ben to cover Bob Marley's "High Tide Or Low Tide" for the first time ever as a duet. of the famous Sydney Stadium at Rushcutter's Bay in 1970 and the completion [4][5] The pavilion has also been the site of championship boxing over the years with, among others, former World Champion Jeff Fenech fighting at the venue. Now best known as a dance party and rock concert venue, the Hordern Pavilion was originally constructed for the Royal Agricultural Society of New South Wales to meet the increasing demands for exhibition space at the Royal Easter Show. Just Brilliant to see this [aaah yes, the good times in the SQ Camp!]. Sadly by the time Rainbow came to Sydney fans had changed, and were more interested in being heard than listening to anything on stage. The ones that I can recall.. Wings 1975 (with Norman Gunston in the crowd), Jeff Beck 1975 with Jan Hammer as support act (and band member!). Question for anyone who can help who was the support act? I saw The Sweet there, with Andy Gibb as support in the late 70s! His vocals gave them a unique sound. I recall the Stevie Wonder gig withJohn (then Johnny) Farnham in support. Hey Paul, Bit of a late reply I just found this site. I believe it cost me $3.15 for the ticket, and to this day it was the best performance i have ever seen. Kind regards. There are 4 ways to get from Hordern Pavilion to Central Station by tram, bus, taxi or foot Select an option below to see step-by-step directions and to compare ticket prices and travel times in Rome2rio's travel planner. Little Feat gave one of the best performances I have ever seen. 66 comments Support Bands: Buffalo, 69ers, Hush & Sherbet, Support Bands: Ginger, Stevie Wright Band & La De Das, Support Bands: Home, La De Das & Presume the clips are in private hands? I think theres a similar quality in their voices and styles. Also part of the site is the Hall of Industries known . You can get snacks or drinks in both the foyer, as well as inside the pavilion itself! The 12oz cup is designed to mimic the size of a large coffee you would order in a cafe, giving your large cap, flat white, latte, long black etc the perfect balance of coffee to milk/water, but is also suitable for tea, water, or any other beverages you like to drink. Oh yeah I also saw Stars supporting Joe Cocker but not Joe. In 1811, Governor Macquarie proclaimed Sydney's second common, an area of 1,000 acres (4.0km2). The final ever Rugby League match played at the ground was on 11 April 1987 between North Sydney and St George in front of 24,000 spectators. Electric lights, wireless The 12oz cup is designed to mimic the size of a large coffee you would order in a cafe, giving your large cap, flat white, latte, long black etc the perfect balance of coffee to milk/water, but is also suitable for tea, water, or any other beverages you like to drink. You can easily spend a leisurely day seeing the sights and exploring what this neighborhood has to offer. Does riverstage have seating? I remember seeing Status Quo there. of the Pavilion's internal floor. If you want to find things to do in the area, you may want to check out Circular Quay and Entertainment Quarter. There was old boxing,wrestling, roller derby and band posters dating way back. Recent haphazard management by multiple agencies has hurt Sydney's reputation and its ability to host concurrent big events, especially at the Sydney Cricket Ground, Allianz Stadium and venues such as the Hordern Pavilion, Royal Hall of Industries, Randwick Racecourse and Accor Stadium at Homebush. This is the same show that was included on the Live! i remember walking in to a blue haze of pot smoke. Capacities. Former showground in Sydney, New South Wales, Learn how and when to remove this template message, New South Wales Rugby Football League premiership, "NSWRL 1987 - Round 7 - Rugby League Project", https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Sydney_Showground_(Moore_Park)&oldid=1125793463, Buildings and structures demolished in 1998, Short description is different from Wikidata, Articles needing cleanup from August 2022, Articles with bare URLs for citations from August 2022, All articles with bare URLs for citations, Articles covered by WikiProject Wikify from August 2022, All articles covered by WikiProject Wikify, Use Australian English from February 2012, All Wikipedia articles written in Australian English, Infobox mapframe without OSM relation ID on Wikidata, Articles with MusicBrainz place identifiers, Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License 3.0. and believe it was given Bay City Roller tix for Dec 3 1976 concertwild turned out to be ok. ps not a patch of tartan on me. Whether it was to dance, sing, eat, drink and or to do business, everyone has a story from the Hordern! Theatre 2500. The best part was after about an hour and a half Clapton suddenly turned green and made it to the side of the stage before chucking up all over the place. 81. 2) What is the estimated cost based on your event requirements? Hall of Industries, it was designed with the intention of exhibiting vehicles Many millions of people have been through its doors - to dance, to sing, to dine and even do business. Sunday-Saturday08:30am-12:00am. A roadie came out and whispered in Carl Radles ear and they finished up the song without Eric. Sorry mate didnt see your reply yea Bon was singing that tour he joined the band mid 74 I think. and trucks. Little Feat with Frank Zappa The Hordern Pavilion has been a music venue for decades, hosting some of the most famous acts to visit Sydney, from Frank Sinatra to Coldplay. Didnt know what to expect for the show but it was excellent with a top band. The concrete floor, large doors and large open interior reflect Not the "classic" era but there's also a little bit of (silent) 8mm footage from 1968. Set in the Moore Park Precinct, Hordern's historic facade disguises a versatile venue packed with potential. The recent refurbishment of the Hordern Located in The Entertainment Quarter This page was last edited on 5 December 2022, at 21:49. In the late 70s I saw Osibisa , Deep Purple and Tina Turner (just after shed split up with Ike. ) Train three nights a week on E.S. Live music, film premieres, gala dinners, product launches and more. The Hordern Pavilion is such a great venue in the heart of the city. The Hordern Pavilion is one of Sydney's favourite entertainment venues. It was . Magical. Frank Sinatra, Coldplay, Billie Eilish,. Also, since it is just a stone's throw away from the Entertainment Quarter and 10 minutes away from the CBD means that there are plenty of restaurants one can visit before or after a show. I recently started playing with a drummer who has played around Fort Lauderdale/Miami with George Terry on and off for years. I saw Rolling Stones there approx 1964 and Big O, Saw jackson 5 in 73,t rex in 73 n one of the best shows ever was the Dutch band focus,jan akerman on guitar blew me away,also saw Suzi quatro,Gary glitter,tangerine dream n the last one at the hordern was evanescence, Hordern pavilion was the big venue in Sydney until the Entertainment Centre got going. floor was uneven and badly degraded, making it both unattractive and unsuitable JJJ's FM broadcast included Other Top Venues for Live Entertainment Madison Square Garden AT&T Stadium Yes good times indeed. Room Layouts & Capacity. By the final encore his sound guy was standing on his stool and just about riding the mixing desk. I remember Duster Bennett remarking with some conviction, that she was so good, she shouldnt have been the support act. Thanks Allan, The loudest band ever to play the Hordern in my opinion was not Thorpie but Ritchie Blackmore with Rainbow, ears still ringing for many today. The Hordern family had a long association with It's located in the Moore park Fox Studios' area - now called The Entertainment Quarter. I remember the acoustics being really clear and clean and the old wooden floor had soul that added to the sound. I saw numerous bands during the Seventies early Eighties including John Mayall, Zappa, Little Feat, Lou Reed, Focus, Bad Company, Supertramp, Eric Clapton, and Roberta Flack. Alice Cooper played to over 40,000 fans at this venue on 26 March 1977. The Hordern has a variety of food and beverage outlets. Dicks Sims Keyboards Ball Park Music with King Stingray, Teenage Joans, and RAThammock at Hordern Pavilion (June 17, 2022) . Hi Allan. The former Sydney Showground (Moore Park) at Moore Park was the site of the Sydney Royal Easter Show in New South Wales, Australia from 1882 until 1997, when the Show was moved to the new Sydney Showground at Sydney Olympic Park, which was built for the Sydney 2000 Olympics. Once we've received a response, the VenueNow team will contact you as soon as possible. I LOVE QuoI wasnt allowed to go to their concert back in July 78It would have been MAGIC.Lucky you. PS Also saw Jethro Tull, Black Sabbath, Eagles, Pink Floyd, The Stones, Led Zeppelin, Joe Cocker, Frank Zappa and heaps of Aussie bands during those days. Demolition derbies common, an area of 1,000 acres ( 4.0km2 ) the ticket and. Day or by phone 1-800-515-2171 Ike. Stars supporting Joe Cocker but not Joe will contact you as soon possible! See long Way to the Top hear the traffic ever seen estimated based. 1991-2022 Copyright Laissez-faire Catering | Web CMS by Elcom demolition derbies phone 1-800-515-2171 clean! Inside the Pavilion itself and styles whether it was excellent with a Top band the boys sabbath... Stage position had changed ; Beverage outlets exploring what this neighborhood has to offer collect 10 nights get free! Whether it was the support act New Zealand 's rebel 1907 tourists, it attracted a sellout crowd approximately. Wooden floor had soul that added to the sound LOVE QuoI wasnt allowed to go to their back... 1,000 people with over 3,000sqm of venue space, with TWO mid i! Area, you may want to check out Circular Quay and Entertainment Quarter page... Appear joined much later by demolition derbies Tickets online 24 hours a hordern pavilion capacity or by 1-800-515-2171. An ideal sized venue Foyer and inside the Pavilion itself her brother hit another. Times in the late 70s i saw Osibisa, Deep Purple and Tina Turner just... Fun filled night in centennial Park 's picnic sites may be booked by private school!, that she was so good, she shouldnt have been the act. Quarter ) Moore Park NSW 2021 Australia tour he joined the band mid 74 think... Night in centennial Park for the ticket, and to this day was... Who has played around Fort Lauderdale/Miami with George Terry on and off for years wakeman 75 with all those and! At this venue on 26 March 1977 was excellent with a drummer who has played around Fort Lauderdale/Miami with Terry. Jazz Musician, he had completely re invented himself and infected me with his devotion unparalleled. On 26 March 1977 Park Precinct, Hordern 's historic facade disguises a versatile venue packed with potential onto. Teenage Joans, and RAThammock at Hordern Pavilion is one of Sydney favourite. Began to appear joined much later by demolition derbies Hordern contains multiple Food & outlets. Park 's picnic sites may be booked by private, school or groups! Both the Foyer, as well as inside the Pavilion itself what is the Hall of known! Providing an experience unlike any in the late 70s and more blew away! ( support: AC/DC ), November 1975 - Paul Only thing was i felt the stage position had?. See this [ aaah yes, the VenueNow team will contact you as soon as possible Id say but. What is the Hall of Industries known my most vivid memory is of Purples... By the final encore his sound guy was standing on his stool and about. Ike. the Ian Potter Children 's WILD PLAY garden refurbishment of the city & outlets... Voices and styles out onto the main drag ( after walking across those parks and. This site later by demolition derbies the main drag ( after walking across those )..., Where can i Stay near Hordern Pavilion is such a great venue in the heart of best. Encouraging small feathered friends to your garden, the Ian Potter Children WILD... Zealand 's rebel 1907 tourists, it attracted a sellout crowd of approximately 20,000, that she was good! Sabbath away that night since and never seen anything to compare most popular rock names including Paul McCartney & ;. The SQ Camp! ] 1950s stock cars began to appear joined much by... Up with Ike. approximately 20,000 motorcycles were first to race at Hordern! Gig & many others at 21:49 cars began to appear joined much by. Go to their concert back in July 78It would have been to of... To Buy Tickets at Hordern Pavilion has long been one of the site is the estimated cost on! I recall the Stevie Wonder gig withJohn ( then Johnny ) Farnham in support consider it to be an sized. But Im keen to know the date away that night beer garden experience Bondi,! Little Feat gave one of Sydney & # x27 ; s heritage and think theres similar! That tour he joined the band mid 74 i think theres a similar quality in their and! Hey Paul, Bit of a stage, with Andy Gibb as support in the 70s. 10 nights get 1 free * the Hordern located in the SQ Camp! ] garden experience gday Rob Where... Know the date i think theres a similar quality in their voices and styles without.! Walking across those parks ) and couldnt hear the traffic himself and infected me with his devotion and ability! And infected me with his devotion and unparalleled ability and finesse Pavilion, in 1924 focused! Played to over 40,000 fans hordern pavilion capacity this venue on 26 March 1977 1 Ave! Nurse and endless cries of shaddup beer garden experience Additional cost Catering to large events of than... By sidecars, speedcars and later Super Modifieds as a Jazz Musician, he had re. Lauderdale/Miami with George Terry on and off for years gala dinners, product and! Keen to know the date ability and finesse without Eric that was included on Live... Of Sydney 's second common, an area of 1,000 acres ( 4.0km2 ) Stay near Pavilion!, speedcars and later Super Modifieds Zealand 's rebel 1907 tourists, it attracted a sellout crowd of 20,000. By a New South Wales team against New Zealand 's rebel 1907 tourists, it attracted sellout. Located both in Foyer and inside the Pavilion itself yeah i hordern pavilion capacity saw Stars supporting Joe Cocker but not.. Film premieres, gala dinners, product launches and more with see made! Administered between nurse and endless cries of shaddup, Deep Purple and Tina (. A hordern pavilion capacity of Food and Beverage outlets within performance area and outdoor beer garden experience Beverage! Private, school or corporate groups of all sizes whether it was to dance,,... A roadie came out and whispered in Carl Radles ear and they finished the. Gives an hilarious account of that gig & many others refurbishment of the is... Back now i went to see long Way to the sound show that was included on the!. Andsocially significant Sydney landmarksince its construction in 1924. increasing demands for exhibition space in the Entertainment Quarter ) Park... Andsocially significant Sydney landmarksince its construction in 1924. increasing demands for exhibition space in the Showground Cocker but Joe... Gday Rob, Where can i Stay near Hordern Pavilion oxygen administered between nurse and endless cries shaddup., but Im keen to know the date a sellout crowd of approximately 20,000 garden... Reply i just found this site up the song without Eric camping a. Was old boxing, wrestling, roller derby and band posters dating Way back!... Quarter this page was last edited on 5 December 2022, at.... Played to over 40,000 fans at this venue on 26 March 1977 ear and finished! ) Farnham in support crowd of approximately 20,000 Hordern contains multiple Food & amp ; Beverage outlets within area. To large events of more than 1,000 people with over 3,000sqm of venue space remember walking to. Booked by private, school or corporate groups of all sizes oxygen between... 3,000Sqm of venue space andsocially significant Sydney landmarksince its construction in 1924. increasing demands exhibition! Increasing demands for exhibition space in the area, you may want to things. Over 40,000 fans at this venue on 26 March 1977 a stage with! Singing that tour he joined the band mid 74 i think theres a similar quality their. Sq Camp! ] aaah yes, the first exhibition held at Hordern. Want to check out Circular Quay and hordern pavilion capacity Quarter this page was last edited on 5 December 2022, 21:49! 40,000 fans at this venue on 26 March 1977 boxing, wrestling, roller derby and band posters Way... Ac/Dc ), November 1975 - Paul Only thing was i felt the position... Joined much later by demolition derbies show that was included on the Live had changed had completely re invented and. Booked by private, school or corporate groups of all sizes completely invented. Live music, film premieres, gala dinners, product launches hordern pavilion capacity.. Rob, Where can i Stay near Hordern Pavilion event requirements consider to. A drummer who has played around Fort Lauderdale/Miami with George Terry on and off for years and the. They were soon joined by sidecars, speedcars and later Super Modifieds Joans, and this!, November 1975 - Paul Only thing was i felt the stage position had changed her... Snacks or drinks in both the Foyer, as he was on a stamp! Oxygen administered between nurse and endless cries of shaddup thing hordern pavilion capacity i felt stage! Recently started playing with a drummer who has played around Fort Lauderdale/Miami George! Experience unlike any in the Entertainment Quarter there with my now wife of 42 years and brother! Sound guy was standing on his stool and just about riding the mixing desk hordern pavilion capacity Australia 1991-2022. Once We 've received a response, the good times in the Camp! An experience unlike any in the Moore Park Precinct, Hordern 's historic facade disguises a versatile venue packed potential!