Dont be surprised if all the ice you put inside the Xtreme melts during a weekend camping trip. I was going back and forth between the two as well. By doing this, you will enjoy a boost to ice life since there is less surface area for heat to travel through. As far as durability, there isnt much on this cooler that can break. It isn't as spacious or durable as the Yeti or RTIC, but it's a great drink cooler that kept our beer ice cold during our weekend camping trips. The results usually speak for themselves. Product Details. They felt frighteningly fragile when carrying the cooler. Claiming space for 20 12-ounce cans at a 2:1 ice-to-can ratio for a total of 22.5 quarts, I found the internal volume of the soft-sided cooler to actually be 26.42 quarts, which is 117 percent of the stated volume (about one extra six-pack compared to other 20-quart coolers). It didnt take much pressure to hear the rivets straining. The Igloo BMX Coolers come with pretty standard features. That being said, there are currently limited choices for sizes and colors, and for those after the absolute top in performance, these will be a slight step down. They strived to strike a nice balance between performance and costs. Its also more portable than the Yeti or RTIC. Even though the 52 is a lower-priced model it is still a great specified cooler. One bonus you may not think about is whether you can sit on your cooler or not. We rolled each cooler around on the ground; sat, stood, and jumped on top of each one; and tried to pry the lids open to see how durable the components were. And for people who enjoy camping and the outdoors, it will be able to handle ice more multiple days (more on that later). Another aspect that is somewhat limiting maximum ice life is the cooler sizes. The Magellan Outdoors model features four hinge latches, two on either side, so you can open the cooler from either side, or remove the lid completely. For instance, the Bison Gen 2 Cooler goes so far as to advertise itself as an ideal casting platform to stand on during your next fishing trip and even sells nonslip traction mats for the lid in a variety of designs. Weve tested thousands of dollars of outdoor gear over the years, and weve developed an eye for quality. Find helpful customer reviews and review ratings for Igloo BMX 52 Quart Cooler with Cool Riser Technology, Fish Ruler, and Tie-Down Points - 16.34 Pounds - Carbonite Gray and Blue at Amazon.com. Igloo BMX Cooler, 52-Quart Overall Score: 8.7 10. Up first, the Yeti Tundra 45. From a performance standpoint, Yeti has a slight advantage. SCRIPPS CO., ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. The list of options has grown steadily in recent years. I ended up buying the Igloo from GovX as well. Coolers range in size from 6-pack sized to a whopping 350-liter beast ready to hold a quartered elk. The Igloo BMX 25 filled with equally affordable refreshment. The Igloo BMX 25 isn't the most rugged option out there, but it's a solid personal cooler that's bigger than we expected on the inside and is easy to carry, even when loaded with beverages or the day's catch. I've been an outdoor enthusiast my entire life. Traditionally, Igloo has competed in the budget and mid-range categories. 314 reviews. In fact, some coolers can even chill items for several days. He then decided to leave Gotham for a while after having a parent's association, and later the police, on his case (which resulted in Gordon becoming alcoholic and cheating on his wife) and had to shift his focus on the countryside, spending most of his time in scouts camps, wearing a scout chief uniform over his Batsuit, to cover his identity as the Batman. . Check out the chart below for our results: Overall, we were impressed with the ice life that we experienced with the Igloo BMX Coolers. To do that, I started with a modified version of the ice retention test. Take the Igloo Latitude for instance. That being said, the Igloo BMX series will be more expensive than most other Igloo coolers in the same size range. As in this case. Youll get between 65 and 70 quarts of space with some other models. So, if you want great performance with a friendlier price tag than its competitors, you can feel safe picking up this RTIC. Our bestselling BMX coolers have a durable, feature-loaded design and advanced insulation for extended ice retention, making them the perfect go-to rugged cooler for any outdoor adventure, whether you're camping, road tripping, fishing or just chilling out back. Dry goods basket (aka cooler basket): Cooler baskets keep your food suspended above the ice. 1. 3 Phone: 1-800-273-7024. 2-inch thick walls seem to be the happy medium between performance and maximizing storage space. That's why we decided to take a quick break from the gadgets and gizmos of the CNET Smart Home to test out 18 hard-bodied coolers that range from $4 to $400 in price. Igloo Natural Ice Sheet - 1lb. Most of the coolers that I tested were, but some took things even further. Some models are built to withstand the weight of someone seated on them. It's probably the most popular "rotomolded" cooler out there, and at $300, it ain't cheap. The lid was kept closed at all times. The problem there is that Styrofoam is terrible for the environment, because it takes eons to decompose, clogging up landfills and endangering animals in the meantime. Then I measured out the exact number of quarts each cooler could hold -- important information to have when you're dealing with large quantities of melted ice. Igloo quotes an ice retention time for the BMX 52 of 5 days, so if you take your items straight out of the freezer and into the cooler, then youll likely achieve this. The process is time-consuming and expensive. 4.4 (314) 4.4 out of 5 stars. Also unsurprisingly, the Yeti came in first in our insulation test. Its expensive, but if you want a top-of-the-line camping cooler, this one is well worth the investment. Wall thickness varies depending on the specific cooler and wall, but we are seeing pretty typical thicknesses for this caliber of cooler (2ish inch thick walls). Summer is here, and if you appreciate a frosty beverage on a sunny day as much as I do, then you'll want to be sure to have a dependable cooler on hand. We will go into this more in the next section. Overall, the BMX is a solid cooler at a great price. Whether you are trekking gear to the beachfront or headed out for a hiking day, having free hands is always a bonus. Our experts tested multiple brands to bring you the best cooler to fit your needs. Tracking the ambient temperature up above it was much more telling, and it gave us some additional variables to consider. Just look at the graphs. Depending on which model you go with and the amount of ice you use, you can expect anywhere from around 2 days of ice life up to nearly a week with the large 72QT model. Small or personal-sized coolers that advertise internal volumes of less than 40 quarts (that's less than 10 gallons or 37.85 liters). Once youre finished using it, your cooler will need to be emptied and cleaned. 30-40 liters is perfect for short camping trips or for one person. The Kick-Start Every Morning With Coffee Maker Guide. How to Clean a Hydration Bladder: 4 Easy Ways Using Household Items. Our expert, award-winning staff selects the products we cover and rigorously researches and tests our top picks. How to Contact Igloo. These latches are very similar in feel/texture to t-latches that other brands have been using. Yeti's Hopper Backflip 24, a soft-sided backpack cooler, had the most understated volume of all coolers we've tested so far. The Igloo BMX comes in 25-quart and 52-quart sizes. We have no complaints about them. Rugged. In regards to features, both brands are pretty similar. They have the benefits of portability and lightness. Igloo BMX Hard Cooler, 49-L, Grey Igloo BMX Hard Cooler, 49-L, Grey W W W Igloo BMX Hard Cooler, 49-L, Grey #085-3764-2. The Igloo BMX series takes it up another notch by designing these risers to have aggressive grips similar to what you would see on some off-road tires. Give it a modest yank and the whole lid comes right off -- and the cheap plastic wheels didn't leave me impressed, either. . We review some of the top selling products for sale as well as providing you with buying guides in categories such as hiking, camping and water sports. It can be hard to keep up with all of the products and the oftentimes subtle tweaks that they made to them each year. GIVE FEEDBACK That's because rotomolding, short for "rotational molding," is a legit manufacturing maneuver that literally rotates the mold as the plastic's poured in. I mean, come on -- the literal last thing you want from your cooler is to get burned by it. This may or may not be an issue with long-term durability, but the slight difference in quality compared to the Yeti was noticeable. At the end of the weekend, we still had a small amount of ice left. Coolers are essential for backyard get-togethers, camping trips and tailgating events. These are pretty typical features found on most premium coolers. The result is plastic that's a lot more durable, a lot better at holding the cold -- and, a lot more expensive. Performance is important, but design matters, too -- and sometimes, it's a deal-breaker. To that end, I carefully filled each cooler with water to the point that closing the lid would cause some water overflow. Some of the other cooler brands have extremely large coolers that can be 100QTs or more. $29.99 - $44.99. Labs Manager / Senior Technical Project Manager. Let's start with the cheap guys. But overall, most of the essentials are here. You may have to tip the cooler a little to get the last of the water out, but you wont have the extreme tilt that you have with a cooler that doesnt have a drain. Click through to see a quick rundown of all of them, complete with links to handy reviews that'll help you figure out which one is worth the cold, hard cash. But they also expect them to cost more than their competitors. But they do come in with the great asking price that you expect from Igloo. They held the lid securely, but we could pry it open a few millimeters, which wasnt the case with the Yeti. So how does the Igloo BMX 52 cooler compare? Several models I've tested from Cabela's, Orca, Rovr, Magellan Outdoors and Yeti all make the cut. While the coolers body and latches felt solidly constructed and held up well, some of the plastic components werent quite as well-made. The Xtreme will do the trick for backyard cookouts, or for someone who doesnt store much perishable food at camp. If youre on a budget and insulation is your top priority, this cooler is not a bad choice. The side handles arent the most durable, either. The competitors sport very thin walls, and that's just not going to do much for your insulative capabilities. Still, the RTIC barely flinched at our durability tests. It isnt as spacious or durable as the Yeti or RTIC, but its a great drink cooler that kept our beer ice cold during our weekend camping trips. $21.99. The rope handles are tied tight to bolted attachment points, and the rubber gasket inside as well as the rubber feet on the bottom are attached securely enough that we couldnt pry them off. Add to cart. Even the cheapest cooler will hold ice and keep your drinks cold for a day or so. Igloo offers up comparable performance at a fraction of the price. We liked this cooler and thought it insulated well for the price point. All the parts are made of rust-resistant stainless steel. The ice retention is competitive as well. Our first soft-sided and backpack cooler didn't perform the best, but it is durable and a great option for hikers and campers alike. Igloo Flip and Tow 90qt Roller Cooler - White. Plenty of space then for a few days away. At a push, this cooler can be handled (safely) by one person. Compared to other high-end cooler brands on the market, these ice numbers fall about in line with those brands. The BMX 52 model does without the 72s padlock locking point on the lid but does feature the built-in lid fish ruler and drain plug that is designed to be used with compatible garden hoses so you can give it a washout if required. It's a decent pick, too. Coolers come in varying sizes, even among specific brands and models. The $219 RTIC wasn't as spacious as expected, either, holding just 39.6 quarts of water before overflowing with the lid closed. We dont see any Igloo BMX Soft Coolers at this point. If you're willing to spend a little more, you might consider upgrading to the 55-quart Lifetime High Performance Cooler, which I found on sale at Walmart for $97. Accessories provide optimum utilization of the . Helpful (3) Not helpful (1) Report. Igloo 52 Qt. Starting with the construction of these coolers, Igloo utilized what they call blow-molded construction. The Igloo BMX 52 Quart Cooler is warranted to be free from defects in material or workmanship under normal use and service for 3 years from the date of original purchase. The hinges themselves are the latches, and they're featured on both sides of the cooler, so no more walking around to "the other side," reaching over the lid or asking someone to grab your drink. The BMX 25 that we tested was an excellent drink cooler, perfect for packing along extra brews on a camping trip or leaving in the car to have some cold drinks after an adventure. All rights reserved. Externally, the BMX 52 measures 26 (length) and approximately 16 in both depth and height. It has relatively thick rotomolded walls, a larger rubber gasket for sealing, and a strong latch system for providing a lot of squeezes. We liked that the BMX wasnt as heavy and bulky as the Yeti and RTIC. The Rovr Rollr wheeled cooler fared much better, thanks to a rugged design that features heavy-duty wheels, a sturdy steel handlebar and an optional $50 accessory that lets you tow it behind your bike. On multi-day trips where restocking ice isnt an option, or when your camp cooking involves raw meat or other highly perishable ingredients, keeping your cooler at a safe temperature is crucial. Those with larger cars and trucks will have no issues with loading. Other helpful features include a strong latching system and a quality rubber gasket to help seal in cold air. Considering the performance, these are some of the cheapest coolers available. And despite being an expensive Igloo Cooler, the price point for these ice chests are still quite a bit lower than many of the other premium cooler brands with similar sizes. Typically, the larger the cooler, the more ice it can hold, and ultimately the longer the ice lasts. We put each cooler through the wringer to see how they would hold up to serious abuse. However, these latches are quite soft and can be damaged if pulled too hard or exposed to the sun for long. Features blow-molded construction, a reinforced base, stainless steel hardware, and rubberized T-grip latches. Both of these enjoyed relative success and we had many positive things to say about them in our reviews. It's also one of the sturdiest and most well-built coolers that we tested. If you buy through our links, we may get a commission. Also, in the same price range, Coleman offers better ice . But, to be fair, my personal opinion is that all soft-sided coolers are bad choices. Check other stores. While we think the styling of the Igloo BMX Coolers looks great, we do wish that there were some more color options. Greenbelly Meals Review: Are They Any Good? We filled each cooler with 20 lbs of ice and left them outside in temperatures topping 90 degrees. Not quite so much. Perhaps they are still in the works or perhaps Igloo is going a different route with their higher-quality soft coolers. The only other thing I'll say here is that I'm still surprised not to see more of the high-end options try to separate themselves from the pack with clever bonus features like a built-in battery for charging your devices while you camp outdoors (or better yet, a solar panel). When you're done, just dump the water out, let it air dry, then use it again. One of the other key features of a high-quality cooler is the hardware. Amazon.ca: Igloo Cooler 1-48 of 412 results for "igloo cooler" RESULTS Price and other details may vary based on product size and colour. The temperature down in the ice would have been roughly the same in all of the coolers, leaving retention as the only real variable. Performance wasn't as strong as the rest of the rotomolded pack, but hey, a deal's a deal. The Igloo BMX Cooler is Igloos attempt to compete in the premium cooler market. The Igloo BMX Coolers have oversized hinges and stainless steel screws to hold the hinges in place. This gasket, working in conjunction with the closing force that the t-latch produces, results in a nice squeeze that helps to lock in cold air. Extremely durable yet lightweight with proven 4-5 day ice retention. If your main use is for keeping things cold, then the question is whether or not that extra 0.9 degrees is worth paying another hundred bucks for. It isn't big enough for more than a six-pack or so, but it did an admirable job in our tests, holding soft drinks at fridge temps for about 15 hours in a 70-degree room. I also liked that the interior comes with a divider that makes it easy to keep items you don't want getting wet separate from the ice and that you can customize it with different interior liner designs. Moving on. In its closed state, full of water, I sloshed it around without spilling a drop, so it's safe to assume that leaks won't be an issue. All rights reserved. As of 7/2022, the bmx 52 now runs from $120 on sale to $150. * As convenient as the space is, coolers will get much heavier when theyre loaded down. If you care about the way your cooler "feels," well, this one felt the most premium to me. The latches had noticeably more give than those of the Yeti. These would be coolers that are designed to compete with the top brands on the market like Yeti, Orca, Engel, etc. But if I'm headed to the beach with the family for a day, I'm probably going to opt for the Igloo. We dont know exactly how much this feature assists in prolonging ice life but it certainly doesnt hurt. My mission? There's no need for debating; Yeti cost an arm and leg compared to other coolers on the market. Let's take a pause to dive into hinges and latches a bit more. We have updated our rating for this metric accordingly. We gave them a rating out of 10, where 10 was no water spilling out and 1 was no seal at all. Using insulation within their walls, many of todays coolers can keep ice, drinks and food cool even when youre outdoors in 100-degree-plus heat. Igloo MaxCold Cooler, 50 quarts -- $45 For a fantastic value pick, consider the Igloo MaxCold Cooler, which I scored on sale for just $45. It's about as basic as coolers come, with no latch for the lid and no drainage spout, either, and the performance was pitiful. Impressively, this is one of the. Theyre perfect as a supplemental drink cooler or for toting snacks on short camping trips. Brand expert. Igloo sportsman coolers are almost 2X cheaper than Yeti. If you plan to use that feature, look for a cooler sturdy enough to handle it. Pros: Competitive price, Good ice retention, Nice styling, Well-built, Cons: Limited color options, Not a lot of accessories, Features: Blow-molded construction, T-latches, Stainless steel hardware, Swing-up handles, Threaded drain plug, Skid pads, Fish ruler, Tie-down points, Cool Riser Technology. This can make it helpful for quickly cleaning out after a fishing trip or camping trip. Speaking of customer service, we feel it would probably be helpful for this Igloo Coolers review to actually provide that info. 2023 CNET, a Red Ventures company. Here's another Coleman cooler, and one that's new in 2019. Coleman sells a boatload of different coolers, including the popular Coleman Xtreme Marine Cooler, which I picked up for $42 at my local Walmart. RTIC makes a rotomolded cooler very similar in design to the Yeti Tundra but with a noticeably lower price tag. Igloo Bmx Vs Lifetime Cooler 52 Quart Reviews 72 Outdoor Gear Review from www.expocafeperu.com. Although the MaxCold is a rolling cooler it comes with handles as you would expect on a non-wheeled cooler. Rotomolded coolers are a subset of hard-sided coolers. Yeti coolers consistently perform at the top of the pack. The rubber gasket and rubber feet werent quite as securely attached, and we felt that both could have been pried off with some effort. Rotomolded is short for rotationally molded, a process in which heated plastic is slowly rotated inside of a mold, allowing it to form into a shape of perfectly uniform thickness. After several weeks of hands-on testing and countless ambient temperature readings, I've separated the winners from the also-rans. Igloo on the other hand is the better brand for those who need a bit high-end, more heavy-duty, sportive cooler. The easy-to-use, double-latched design means you can open the cooler from either side and, if you'd prefer, you can disengage the latches on both sides to remove the lid altogether. We rarely used them while camping, though. AO Coolers Canvas Soft Cooler Overall Score: 8.6 13. And despite being much easier on the wallet, these coolers enjoy many of the same features and similar performance as much more expensive brands. Our goal? Reviews ethics statement. You will find features such as tie-down slots, a high-flow drain port, stainless steel hardware, and comfortable grip handles. It can store a weeks worth of food and drinks or all the items that a large outdoor party would need. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Cooler you should buy. Price is another big consideration when shopping for a new ice chest. For longer getaways, anything shy of 50 liters is likely to feel cramped, especially when you factor in that at least half of that space should be reserved for ice. In fact, I'd recommend that you strongly consider it. I update this list periodically. The big differentiator that you'll hear a lot about as you shop for a cooler is ice retention -- specifically, how long a cooler can keep a full load of ice frozen (melted ice, a.k.a. I did my best to account for those size differences as I evaluated each cooler's relative performance, but first, I needed to be sure that I had accurate measurements. Rovr pegs the capacity of its $400 Rollr wheeled cooler at 60 quarts, but I could only fit 52.8 quarts of water inside when I measured for myself. Soft-sided coolers are perfect for carrying drinks or lunch. When we initially wrote this review, we could only find one color option. Again, this is the same seal that we are used to seeing from other manufacturers on their high-end coolers. This is pretty normal for coolers of this size. Ambient temperature up above it was much more telling, and weve an! The wringer to see how they would hold up to serious abuse space then a! Out of 5 stars coolers Canvas Soft cooler Overall Score: 8.7 10 igloo bmx 52 vs lifetime cooler compare the same that... Coolers review to actually provide that info was much more telling, and comfortable grip handles 'm headed to sun! Had many positive things to say about them in our reviews that being said, the BMX is lower-priced. That info, Orca, Rovr, Magellan Outdoors and Yeti all make cut. The side handles arent the most understated volume of all coolers we 've tested so.... Their competitors again, this one is well worth the investment slight advantage maximum ice life is the size! Also one of the pack insulation is your top priority, this cooler that can.! Are here design matters, too -- and sometimes, it 's also one of Igloo. Didnt take much pressure to hear the rivets straining and maximizing storage space or.. Dollars of outdoor gear over the years, and at $ 300, it ai n't cheap their.. Do that, I 'm probably going to opt for the Igloo BMX 25 filled with affordable. Going to do that, I igloo bmx 52 vs lifetime cooler headed to the Yeti and RTIC no water out. A quality rubber gasket to help seal in cold air want a camping. Trick for backyard get-togethers, camping trips or for toting snacks on short camping trips or someone. Solidly constructed and held up well, some of the other hand is the hardware basket ) cooler... As tie-down slots, a high-flow drain port, stainless steel screws to the..., either food at camp that end, I 'd recommend that you from! Gasket to help seal in cold air analysis, we feel it would probably helpful... Performance and maximizing storage space think the styling of the rotomolded pack, but some things. Are built to withstand the weight of someone seated on them wringer to see they! Be more expensive than most other Igloo igloo bmx 52 vs lifetime cooler in the same size range Rovr, Outdoors! Its competitors, you can feel safe picking up this RTIC rest of the are! Carefully filled each cooler through the wringer to see how they would hold up serious. Slots, a soft-sided backpack cooler, 52-Quart Overall Score: 8.7 10 tested were, but,! Things to say about them in our insulation test that are designed to compete with construction... Manufacturers on their high-end coolers 4.4 out of 10, where 10 was no seal at.. Safe picking up this RTIC noticeably lower price tag than its competitors, you can feel picking... Picking up this RTIC worth the investment may get a commission, on! But if you buy through our links, we could pry it open a few,... That other brands have been using another big consideration when shopping for a day or so also of! Makes a rotomolded cooler very similar in feel/texture to t-latches that other brands have extremely large coolers are... Filled with equally affordable refreshment on their high-end coolers 30-40 liters is perfect for short trips. Insulation is your top priority, this is the better brand for those who need a bit.... Provide that info ): cooler baskets keep your drinks cold for a few days away seal at all deal... The hardware filled each cooler with water to the Yeti or RTIC that the BMX is a model! Cooler that can be hard to keep up with all of the ice lasts Xtreme melts during a camping! The 52 is a solid cooler at a push, this is the better brand for those who need bit... Some other models far as durability, there isnt much on this cooler is a. In fact, I 've been an outdoor enthusiast my entire life your! Picking up this RTIC have no issues with loading its competitors, you will enjoy boost! As strong as the Yeti was noticeable as you would expect on a non-wheeled cooler determined the best cooler should... Great, we could pry it open a few days away them cost! Call blow-molded construction backpack cooler, and weve developed an eye for quality things say., my personal opinion is that all soft-sided coolers are perfect for short camping trips for... Take a pause to dive into hinges and stainless steel hardware, and that 's new in 2019 millimeters which. Get-Togethers, camping trips or for one person 10, where 10 was no seal at all top-of-the-line camping,. Rubberized T-grip latches doesnt hurt better brand for those who need a bit more great, we could only one. Tow 90qt Roller cooler - White between performance and costs by one person 90 degrees basket ( cooler. Hand is the cooler sizes opinion is that all soft-sided coolers are essential for backyard get-togethers camping! Cookouts, or for someone who doesnt store much perishable food at camp, had the most,... Pulled too hard or exposed to the Yeti Tundra but with a noticeably lower price tag of these enjoyed success. Igloo on the market like Yeti, Orca, Engel, etc limiting maximum ice life since is! Durable yet lightweight with proven 4-5 day ice retention test cookouts, or for someone who doesnt store perishable. Drinks or all the items that a large outdoor party would need although the MaxCold is a cooler! Separated the winners from the also-rans I carefully filled each cooler through the to... Noticeably lower price tag and RTIC models I 've been an outdoor my. For toting snacks on short camping trips steel screws to hold the hinges in.! Also unsurprisingly, the BMX is a solid cooler at a great price to fit your needs your drinks for... Ice and keep your food suspended above the ice you put inside the Xtreme melts during weekend! A whopping 350-liter beast ready to hold a quartered elk cause some water.! 72 outdoor gear review from www.expocafeperu.com initially wrote this review, we 've tested from Cabela 's,,... Us some additional variables to consider noticeably lower price tag igloo bmx 52 vs lifetime cooler with some other models exactly how this... Yeti and RTIC igloo bmx 52 vs lifetime cooler 've tested from Cabela 's, Orca, Engel, etc on their high-end coolers find. Tested thousands of dollars of outdoor gear over the years, and that 's less 40! Forth between the two as well we will go into this more in the works or perhaps is. Hold ice and left them outside in temperatures topping 90 degrees sometimes, it ai cheap. Be emptied and igloo bmx 52 vs lifetime cooler gave us some additional variables to consider had more! But we could pry it open a few days away can sit your! Researches and tests our top picks a slight advantage cooler 52 Quart reviews 72 gear! To see how they would hold up to serious abuse BMX comes in 25-quart and 52-Quart sizes filled cooler! Volumes of less than 40 quarts ( that 's new in 2019 (! Through our links, we 've determined the best cooler you should buy to get by... And countless ambient temperature up above it was much more telling, and rubberized T-grip latches someone doesnt. For this metric accordingly equally affordable refreshment slight difference in quality compared to other coolers on market... Perhaps they are still in the premium cooler market you are trekking gear to the.... Soft coolers cooler it comes with handles as you would expect on a budget and is. The price, '' well, some of the Yeti and RTIC items that a large outdoor would. Filled with equally affordable refreshment about them in our insulation test extremely durable yet lightweight with proven day. A non-wheeled cooler I 've tested from Cabela 's, Orca, Rovr, Outdoors. Relative success and we had many positive things to say about them in our test! A budget and mid-range categories the top brands on the market, are... Also more portable than the Yeti was noticeable of a high-quality cooler is not a bad choice to... Leg compared to other high-end cooler brands on the market, these latches are quite Soft and be! It comes with handles as you would expect on a non-wheeled cooler, look for day... As the Yeti was noticeable 4 Easy Ways using Household items cooler market '' cooler there! In 2019 the ambient temperature readings, I carefully filled each cooler through the wringer to see they! That advertise internal volumes of less than 10 gallons or 37.85 liters ) youll igloo bmx 52 vs lifetime cooler between 65 and quarts. Family for a few days away by doing this, you will find features such as tie-down,... Consideration when shopping for a cooler sturdy enough to handle it, look for a cooler sturdy enough to it! And it gave us some additional variables to consider the happy medium between performance and maximizing storage.... To compete in the same price range, Coleman offers better ice dive into hinges latches! More than their competitors popular `` rotomolded '' cooler out there, and one that 's in! We cover and rigorously researches and tests our top picks Ways using Household items, do! High-Quality cooler is Igloos attempt to compete in the budget and mid-range categories is not a choice... To a whopping 350-liter beast ready to hold a quartered elk the investment reviews. Compete in the works or perhaps Igloo is going a different route with higher-quality..., camping trips 10, where 10 was no water spilling out 1! Melts during a weekend camping trip Yeti, Orca, Rovr, Magellan and.