View our advertising policy above. Copenhagen is an urban city with a population of just over a million inhabitants. Nice has recently become one of the gay hot spots on the Mediterranean. ISLAND HOUSE - Updated 2023 Prices & Specialty B&B Reviews (Key West, FL) United States Florida (FL) Florida Keys Key West Key West Hotels Island House 634 reviews #1 of 1 special B&B in Key West Review Save Share 1129 Fleming St, Key West, FL 33040-6997 1 (786) 563-4984 Visit hotel website E-mail hotel Check In / / Check Out / / support for the community, its one of Americas best LGBTQ destinations. With its tropical climate, you can expect year-round warm weather making it an ideal destination for sun, sea, sand and sex any time of year. Island House Key West Leads the Gay Lodging Industry as the Best Gay Clothing-Optional Resort in the World. We waved and went to sit at our own table, when one of them said, What are you doing? Key West offers some really awesome retailers. (And The Conch Shack has some of the best beer and alcohol prices for any other bar in Old Town Key West!). A short bike ride from Island House, Ft. Zach is home of Key Wests best beach, as well as a fascinating historic Civil War fort. ", Last year, I was tasked with writing a .css-16acfp5{-webkit-text-decoration:underline;text-decoration:underline;text-decoration-thickness:0.125rem;text-decoration-color:#d2232e;text-underline-offset:0.25rem;color:inherit;-webkit-transition:all 0.3s ease-in-out;transition:all 0.3s ease-in-out;}.css-16acfp5:hover{color:#000;text-decoration-color:border-link-body-hover;background-color:yellow;-webkit-transition:all 0.3s ease-in-out;transition:all 0.3s ease-in-out;}list of the best sex resorts for Men's Health. Island House Key West Gay Hotel & Resort | Key West FL In the Fort Zachary Taylor Park, besides the Historical Fort, you will find one of the nicest beaches in Key West and the closest to the Cruise Port - slightly over 1-mile (half hour walking). Everyone loves a tea party. Come join us!. Island House is situated in a private compound with a large heated pool, Jacuzzis, gym, spa, caf and bar. Look out for visiting performers at some of the entertainment venues and theaters. And, for the more sober-minded, there's Ernest Hemingway Home and Museum. Enter the e-mail address associated with the account. In 1946, it was the winter White House of President Harry S. Truman. One guy who was quite endowed got hard, and lord knows the gays can be size queens, so another guy started going down on him. Additional LGBTQ tips and a guide to the town is produced by the Key West Business Guild. There's always something going on at our Beach House Paradise, from exciting events to exclusive deals to new facilities for you . A gay guest house since 1974, the current owners purchased the property in 1999 and completely renovated the complex. Have fun replicating one of these 100 year old restaurant menus. and leave the environment clean. LGBTQ hotspots and beach towns across the United States. Island House is an award-winning, clothing optional guest house for gay men. LGBTQ Pride Guide 2022 | PASSPORT Magazine, Traveling Gourmet My Favorite Middle Eastern And Mediterranean Restaurants in the USA, Seven of our Favorite Food Tours in the USA & Canada, The Perfect Cocktails for Your Memorial Day Celebration, Delicious Holiday Cocktails You Can Make for Your Friends and Family this Holiday Season, Delicious Coffee & Tea Advent Calendars to Celebrate the Holidays, Dallas Dish! It felt like Id landed in another world. Two on-site restaurants, Red Shoe Island Bistro and Pizza Joes, offer an array of tasty Key West eats and drinks. How Most Credit Cards COVID-19 Relief Package Dont Actually Help Us, How to Know When Youre Home: Making the Most of a New City, New Apartment, and New Life. Visit their concession stand for a cold beer, claim a picnic table and enjoy! Hot Naked Sundays Pool Party and Hot Naked Hump Day Pool Party (Wednesdays) are a local festivus that can only be explained by those who have attended. Escape to the still waters off the coast of Key West on this small-group, sunset wine-tasting cruise. The brilliant blue-green ocean is dotted with sailboats, catamarans and wave runners; it's obvious that people are out to have an exhilarating day on (and in) the balmy waters. LGBTQ Key West A Gay Guys Weekend Guide to Key West, 12 Reasons to Send Postcards When You Travel, How to Be the Best Airbnb Hostfrom a Guests Perspective, LGBTQ Brooklyn A Gay Guys Weekend Guide to Brooklyn. However, these properties simply cant provide the same unique experience. Enter the world of 1856, the era of Key West wreckers. The subtropical climate, the warm & friendly locals, the quiet nights abuzz with laughter and love. Key West Wind & Wine Sunset Sail. More men kept joining, and before we knew it, the tub was filled with 15 stranger talking to each other. People flock to this resort from around the world for their laidback vibe and amazing parties. special in its own ways. I had been looking forward to a celebratory trip to Puerto Vallarta, Mexico, that my partner had arranged for us before the pandemic. Gran Canariais a unique, gay-friendly and an adventurous place to visit. Today, it is a living museum, government meeting point, and a popular tour destination. The clothing-optional policy across its entire grounds creates an undeniable homoerotic environment that can be sexually charged. When you are booking the three free nights, a $100 deposit is required to guarantee the booking. poolside happy hour (5 p.m. 6:30 p.m., Wednesdays until 8 p.m.) including top-shelf spirits. There are several clothing-optional, gay hotels and resorts in Key West and Island House is the most popular and well known. Remember that it is totally forbidden to have sex with children under 18. Scuba Diving, Jet Skiing, Kayak Rentals, Deep-Sea Fishing, Cruises. For a design-centric hotel option, The Marker resort is located steps from the Key West harbor and has three pools on-site, including an adults-only one. bric-a-brac. Island house is an extremely popular gay resort in Key West. Is everyone always thisdown?, Every weekend, he replied without missing a beat. Prices at Island House Key West start from $149 per night: Check prices now 03 Playa Largo Resort & Spa, Autograph Collection Key Largo Why we love it Marriott Autograph Collection Luxurious waterfront oasis Infinity style pool with a magnificent archway Romantic fire pits lit up for sunset . After a quick tour of the property, Jonzu and I changed into our swimming briefs and headed to the pool. This is a quintessential photo moment for you and friends to show that you came and experienced our island city. Key West Sunset Sail with Full Bar, Live Music & Hors D'oeuvres. Stay Connected With Margaritaville Beach House Key West. I, on the other hand, was ready to exhale in the sun. Christmas gilded walnuts with a hidden trinket have delighted children for centuries. Fodor's Expert Review Island House. There were some guys there: most wearing Speedos, but a few lounging and swimming in their birthday suit. While they'd reply with their names, I could sense their trepidation. I fit that idealized gay mold to a tee. By 2018, more than a . On Friday's the host . Gay men from all over the world spend their hard earned vacations with us because they love this experience. Three other guys were also on the deck sunning spaced a few feet apart (a rule mandated with signage). Island House is a gay, mens only resort so its ideal if you are visiting with friends your same-sex partner or even alone since its easy to meet other guests. Walking tours of Key Wes t are the best way to see the island's . Our partners can store, share and manage your data to offer personalized advertisements. You will be able to vote the Glory Hole and leave a comment so that the rest of the community knows your opinion. The Key West Lighthouse is one of the island's oldest structures. The #1 attraction in Key West is also gay owned and operated. St. Kitts. 1129 Fleming St., Key West, Florida, 33040, USA I did it the back room, which was set up like a prison cell; a stranger went down on me in one of the glory holes; I boned one guy outside while five guys watched; and then I had sex right next to the bar. I was comforted that Island House made efforts to create a safe environment for hotel guests amid the pandemic. 1129 Fleming St, Key West, FL 33040-6909 +1 305-294-6284 Website Menu. Many of them wished me Happy New Year a few days ago, and there's one couple Jonzu and I are planning to visit in Atlanta. Key West cruise ship passengers, who number some 820,000 a year among the island's 3 million visitors, disembark at Mallory Square, a Navy pier near the Westin Resort. Food, drinks, naked men, Florida sunshine: it sounded like a queer mans paradise. Enjoy premium beer & wine, artisanal snacks, and incredible buttered popcorn from their volunteer staff. Guests can enjoy 24/7 room service, complimentary (yes, FREE!) Ultimately, we canceled that trip as Puerto Vallarta went into its second COVID-19 lockdown and shuttered all nonessential businesses. We strive to create a supportive, accepting and non-judgemental environment so you can relax and be yourself. Try one of these old-fashioned lemonade recipes from an 1862 bartenders guide. Blue Heaven serves a heavenly homemade banana bread and a decadent lobster eggs benedict in a beautiful courtyard with roaming chickens. The guest house offers a large, lush and open private setting with two heated pools, two hot tubs, complimentary happy hour, coffee and teas and continental breakfast every day. Its a hot gay destination year-round due to the warmclimate and Maspalomas is its gay capital. This sidewalk corner is directly across from the Opal Key Resort entrance sign, and in front of the Mel Fisher Museum. only for gays Review of Island House Reviewed December 28, 2016 Once you enter, you remain inside the hotel. Our exclusive gay map if Key West for the best gay bars, clubs, hotels and saunas in Key West, Florida - updated for 2022. Victorian style is found in fashions and weddings, dcor and houses, holidays and parties, literature and music from the Victorian era. Located on a quiet neighborhood street in the heart of Key Wests Old Town, this beautifully and thoughtfully restored Key West Conch house was built in 1902 and is proudly gay-owned and operated. continental USA, and an island of just four square miles, Key West has a People observe, look, speak, meet and much more . Check out this guide for tips on dining, gay nightlife, hotels, tours, sights & more! Overall, our stay at Island House was terrific. Key West is one of the Keys islands in Florida. At the pool, where you need to swim over to chat to someone, its much more of an approach. As LGBT people became more visible and acceptance shifted, several more companies began creating trips specifically for the LGBT community. Key West is a unique gay destinationdifferent from other If youve never stayed at a gay resort but youre thinking about booking one, you should definitely consider some of these benefits below. Cruises to Key West - Multiple cruise lines, including Norwegian, . Special Offer! The Pink Triangle is on the 700 block of Duval Street, and surrounding sidestreets. Key West Tours & Shore Excursions Key West Tours, Shore Excursions and Cruises In Monroe County, Florida, at the southernmost part of the country, rests the beautiful island of Key West. Now its an award-winning clothing-optional resort for gay men and one of the most popular in Key West. Also included is a gourmet cheese buffet and other appetizers, like summer sausages, water crackers with brie, green apples with a honey . Of course, with Eye-Catching Tubs for a Vintage Bath (Slideshow). Montego Bay. Choosing your hotel in Key West is one of the most important decisions you make when planning your trip. Parties and events some gay resorts in Key West host events or other parties and social gatherings at their properties. Alexanders Guest House is another award-winning resort in Key West. We are within 2 miles of most locations on the island. Spend a relaxing afternoon on a 69-foot catamaran headed to North America's only living coral barrier reef for the adventure of a lifetime. Ironically, if anyone could have an easier time going out in these places, it would be me. Sample up to eight different wines and/or five different beers. Looking for something new? As I got ready, I mentally and physically braced myself for a Hell's Kitchen experience; I even squeezed in an extra trip to the gym beforehand, as if that would do anything! Here are a few things to consider if staying at Island House interests you. Its the type of place where you dont really want to leave during the day, because the pools so comfortable and theres plenty to see while on the property. Warmer than I would have expected. That said, once the sun went down, things did get sexual, and I wasn't complaining. From Island Houses website, I couldnt get a sense of the vibe. Just a 5 minute walk from Island House, The historic seaport hasseaside restaurants, famous watering holes, wacky special events, and the biggest boat marina in Old Town. It's just 6 blocks away from the nightlife of Duval Street. Walk through a magical jungle filled with hundreds of butterflies. Featuring a large heated pool, indoor and outdoor jacuzzies, steam room, and 24 hour gym and caf; this clothing optional resort provides everything you could . Once youre here, youll know what we mean! With a world-class gym and a 24-hour poolside bar & caf, the clothing-optional resort offers a great escape. We use functional cookies for the proper functioning of the website, anonymous analytics and advertising. The nightly festival hosts visitors from all over the world, with performers like magicians, jugglers, psychics, local musicians, artists, and food vendors. (1202 Simonton Street; 305-296-4811; open 8 a.m. to 10 p.m. daily) Pepe's Cafe and Steakhouse opened in. Their directory of gay friendly Key West businesses includes discount coupons, and the staff inside are great for making recommendations on the best activities, restaurants, and nightlife. Cruise Overview Cruise News Cruising 101 Line & Ship Directory. Gay Owned. swaying palms, furnished with island wicker, rattan, and the expected All rooms have free Wi-Fi, cable TV, air conditioning, a ceiling fan, a refrigerator, a coffee maker and a microwave oven. So I quickly disrobed, oiled up with a good SPF, and sprawled out on a deck chair in the hot Key West sun. Before you knew it, everyone was sucking and making out with everyone. (Sir, you and your mean-girl clique could have saved money by drinking vodka sodas at home if all you wanted to do was talk to each other! The caf serves American food with a hint of Caribbean flare for breakfast, lunch, dinner. The Pink Triangle gayborhood includes a cluster of LGBT bars, entertainment clubs, and even a rainbow crosswalk. This where youll spot rainbow crosswalks and can easily visit the most popular gay bars and nightlife. For the most part, we just wanted to enjoy the beach, hotel swimming pools, and responsible local dining. The Key West Butterfly & Nature Conservatory offers an inviting environment filled with hundreds of beautiful butterflies, birds (flamingoes! The property is a 4-star resort and offers great amenities and services like a large poolside caf and bar and they regularly host social events onsite. Since then . The staff was accommodating and attentive, and we look forward to returning post-pandemic to reallyenjoy it at its full potential.