Squad in 1986 and C.A.T. Then Youngblood adds, "Your bodyand my looks." I condition myself for that and take pride in it.". "I'm not used to it. In his final 13 years (19791991) in Los Angeles, Youngblood sponsored a celebrity golf tournament for the John Tracy Clinic for Deaf Children,[132] and was active with programs at the Children's Hospital for Orange County. "I'm not in contact with 'em," he says. Possibly his highest honor to date, he was inducted to the College Football Hall of Fame in 1996. [85] He had print ads for Pro Tron Weights, regional ad, 1984, Dan Post Handcrafted Boots, national print-ad 1986, Cal-Gym, national print-ad, 1986, and was a national spokesman for Protatonin in 2001. The Rams' Jack Youngblood (85) pursues Steelers quarterback Terry Bradshaw during Super Bowl XIV. Now, in the Orange Bowl visitors' locker room, Youngblood looks up from his seat. In 1986 he participated in Hands Across America, an event to end hunger in the United States. He has also modeled for print ads of 'Munsingwear' briefs. Youngblood, a strong candidate for the Hall of Fame, now must contend with the vagaries of the new L.A. defensethe 3-4, the fortification currently in vogue in the NFL. He was the Rams' defensive captain from 1977 through 1984 and was voted the recipient Dan Reeves award three times, which is awarded to the team's most valuable player. Life without football would be empty for Youngblood, always the last to head home. Then they got to make more money to pay the bills. He likes nothing better than to put some Willie Nelson on the stereo, pop some chewing tobacco in his mouth and pump some iron. Football.". After his college career, Youngblood played in the Senior Bowl and recorded four sacks. [75] He moved to the Sacramento Gold Miners of the Canadian Football League (CFL) in 1993. 2009 Upper Deck Icons Gold Foil #172 Jack Youngblood: $1.42: 2009 Upper Deck Philadelphia #280 Jack Youngblood: $1.35: 2010 Panini Limited #127 Jack Youngblood: $0.75: 2011 Panini Prime Signatures #77 Jack Youngblood: $1.35: 2011 Upper Deck 20th Anniversary #20A1 Jack Youngblood: $1.24: It's nothing but youth, beauty, money, powerall the rotten things." Earlier this season Youngblood was kicked in the leg and an infection set in. During the season he almost never misses a day of weightlifting. No. [103], Youngblood, who is regarded by some as the best defensive end in Gators history,[17][20] was named to the All-time Florida Gators team in 1983, and in 1999 he was voted to the Florida Gator All-Century Team. Despite the injury, he played the season finale. A paragon of durability, Youngblood retired following the 1984 season with a vast array of franchise records . "I knew it was broken." [26] The Ram defense led the NFL in fewest yards allowed and fewest rushing yards. Or are they worthless, like a cat. "Fishing. "They really are. Oct 11, 2021. He was also the 1970 recipient of Florida's Fergie Ferguson Award, which goes to the senior who displays outstanding leadership, character, and courage. Former members of the Rams Advisory Board, created in 1981, include Lord David Westbury, former Ram and Evangelist Rosey Grier, Maureen Reagan, Henry Mancini, Bob Hope, Danny Thomas, Jane Upton Bell, and former President Gerald Ford among others. How tall is Jim Youngblood? [82], During his NFL career, Youngblood partnered with Los Angeles Rams teammate Larry Brooks to open "The Wild Bunch" in 1980, a western clothing store that featured high-end western wear, including cowboy boots, cowboy hats, silver belt buckles, jeans, and other country apparel. Things are not working out right. Jack Youngblood talks about his football days, life lessons and work ethic with Mark and Theresa on the MyFixitUpLife talk show. Now football players hold hands in the huddle, and they do aerobic dancing. His speech is still Southern, riddled with "goldurns" and "dangs," and his sandy hair hangs down over his eyes, making him look like some big, raw-boned kid who likes nothing better than being out in a frost-covered field with a shotgun on his shoulder and dogs at his feet. All Rights Reserved. Jack Youngblood. "When I come to play, I come to play," Youngblood likes to say. Jack was a 4-year letterman in football. From iconic beauties of the past to cities that have been lost to time, these photographs capture moments in history that have long been etched in our memories. You can't cheat on the emotional side.". Beginning in the 1973 season, the Rams added the unrelated Jim Youngblood to its roster, so from that time on, both Youngbloods had the unique distinction of having their entire name on the back of their jerseys, the given name appearing above the family name. In his professional life, he played for the . Dan Dierdorf, a Hall of Fame tackle, said that Youngblood was "by far the toughest opponent I faced in my career",[123] a thought echoed by Viking Hall of Fame tackle Ron Yary who said, "There wasn't anybody who was tougher to block than Jack". "It was losing, and I don't like that," he says. Jack and Diane were college sweethearts at the University of Florida. Kravtsov was the ninth overall pick in 2018 but has struggled in limited NHL action and has just three goals and three assists in 28 games this season. On one of his outings while preparing for a Pro Bowl in Hawaii, Youngblood ended up on stage, cavorting with a dancer who was part of Don Ho's act. In his sophomore year, defensive tackle was also added to his positions, and he recorded 24 tackles, four sacks, and a career-high 42-yard field goal. An altercation in the parking lot of a local pub resulted in Youngblood having a .44 pistol stuck in his eye and the trigger pulled and fortunately the chamber was empty, although other chambers were not. "The first player to be honored was Jack Youngblood, who was . But I think one of my biggest assets was that I had an undeniable determination to be the best that has ever put his hand on the ground, I had a genuine desire to be great. There is a tendency to assume that the reason Youngblood has never missed a game is that he has never been hurt. He walks stiffly to his locker, trying to find a gait that suits an old pro's aches and pains, and throws some stuff into a weathered, beat-up equipment bag. Jack again received the 'NFC Defensive Player of the Year Award' in 1976 and graduated to his fourth consecutive 'Pro Bowl.'. Jack was a national spokesman for 'Protatonin' in 2001. Defensive End Jack Youngblood of the Rams, a 13-year vet, is out of sync with his game and his life. "[130], While at the University of Florida, Youngblood was involved in the Fellowship of Christian Athletes while also speaking to youth groups and raising funds for needy children. In the dressing room the writers; as always, crowded around him. [64] In these films, Youngblood starred along with Joe Cortese,[65] Steve James,[66] and Deborah Van Valkenburgh. In his freshman year for the 'Gator,' Jack wore the number 52 and made his debut at the defensive end of the freshman team. That is California contemporary and looks virtually unlived-in. //www.yaryphoto.com. Every year, within days of the season's last game, Youngblood is back in Monticello, fishing and hunting. Twiggy, the Broadway actress, recently analyzed life in the gaudy lane this way: "They lie to you all the time in L.A. Youngblood discovered weightlifting in college, and for thousands of hours he has pitted his will against the iron. Jack Youngblood, a 6-4, 247-pound All-American from the University of Florida, excelled for 14 seasons with the Los Angeles Rams from 1971 to 1984.As the 20th player selected in the first round of the 1971 draft, Youngblood made his presence felt almost immediately. Youngblood's style of play and perceived ability to play hurt brought many notations in NFL lore. If he had played poorly, his position might have been up for grabs. He was born September 11, 1942, in Joplin, Missouri to Harvey and Helen Isbell. Jack Youngblood is an American former professional football player who was a defensive end for the Los Angeles Rams of the National Football League (NFL) for fourteen seasons during the 1970s and 1980s. Lambert, one of the most iconic Steelers of all-time, has spent his retirement years serving . He set a school record for sacks (14) in 1969 and led the teams' defensive linemen with 66 tackles. A whispered confirmation moments later would turn up the torture several notches: He had missed by one vote. [51] Among the standout games in Youngblood's final two seasons were the opening game of the 1983 season, against the New York Giants in which Youngblood recorded two sacks; and the 1983 season finale against the New Orleans Saints. At halftime the doctors and coaches were huddling over some X rays. [46] The NFL Network series NFL Top 10 selected Youngblood's performance in the 1979 playoffs as top on its list of the "Gutsiest Performances" of all time. Youngblood broke his leg in the first half of the Rams' 1979 playoff run. [20] When Time magazine chose him for their 1970 All-America Team, it said of Youngblood: "Deceptively fast for his size, he reads screens and swing passes so adroitly that he intimidates quarterbacks by his mere presence. 2 reviews Get A Copy. Youngblood attended Monticello-Jefferson County High School in Monticello, Florida, graduating in 1967. . Youngblood hobbled up to them, his chin out, defiant as ever. Youngblood first gained national attention after an October 4, 1969, 5-sack performance 21-6 win versus instate rival Florida State University. View the profiles of people named Jack Youngblood. Jack made his NFL debut in 1971, with the 'Los Angeles Rams,' as a left defensive end and as a backup for Deacon Jones. You don't even have to look at their stats: six-six, 280 pounds, 34-inch waist, 52-inch chest. The golf power couple was honored with The Boy Scouts of America Distinguished Citizens Award for being community leaders and the Francis Ouimet Lifelong Contributions to Golf Award due to their long . Youngblood looked about 10 years younger. It was an excruciating gut shot like none this defensive end took . The former first-round pick in the 2009 NFL Draft remains unsigned after spending the 2019 season with the Los Angeles . Jack and his wife, Lisa, have confirmed that two years after their second child was born . writer Charles Robinson as the best-ever player taken in the 20th slot of the 1st round of the NFL draft calling Youngblood "the essence of today's defensive enda mixture of strength, toughness and speed that few ends boasted in the 1970s. He drives a Ford truck with a souvenir license plate that says PROUD AMERICAN. But, it wasn't because I didn't have the passion to, the desire to. It was another challenge, met and won. He's an outstanding person and a natural leader. I hope that showed".[118]. At that time, he garnered huge fame for being one of the top 10 athletes playing in pain, as dubbed by 'Sports Illustrated,' because of Jack's prolific performance with a fractured left fibula in the 1979 and 1980 playoffs. Everything I ever touched always turned to gold. Use of this site constitutes acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. [110], Youngblood was elected to NFL All-Pro teams five times (1974, 1975, 1976, 1978, 1979) during his 14 years with the Rams and was an All-NFC selection seven times (197480). Youngblood's wife, Diane, dabbed at tears as Youngblood spoke. First NFL Draft: Jack Youngblood entered the arena of professional football in 1971 and left the arena in 1984. That was followed by a $400 million fund in 2005 and a $525 million fund in 2014, invested primarily in health care . Youngblood attended Monticello-Jefferson County High School in Monticello, Florida, graduating in 1967. He . For all the kidding, Youngblood's body is something of a marvel. "Remember '79," they said. My sophomore year, we were in Tallahassee and I ran a reverse very early in the game, and I remember being nailed by Jack Youngblood. All you've got to do is look at him to see what football means, that it's his life. If she is married, he is courteous and pleasant but definitely reserved; he doesn't want a jealous husband interrupting his dessert. Youngblood graduated from the University of Florida with a bachelor's degree in finance in 1972. He told the writers, "It's always nice to hear your boss man say you did a nice job. "Tape it up, gimme 2 Aspirin and let's go play" Jack would finish the game and record a sack in the 4th quarter @theblood85. "It was a deal where the bone wasn't stickin' out, and it didn't hurt, and they said it was gonna kill me. [107], He was named by one SEC publication as the Top All-Time SEC Defensive of All-Time. Jack graduated from 'Monticello-Jefferson County High School' in 1967 and then earned his bachelor's degree in finance from the 'University of Florida' in 1972. [138] Jack's wife, Barbara Youngblood, serves on the Executive Committee for Young Life for the Orlando Chapter. ", "Lot 104 - Early 1980s Jack Youngblood Game-Worn Rams Jersey", "Best Athletes by Number, Number 85: Jack Youngblood", "Jack Youngblood talks about new book, today's game - Page 2 - ESPN", "Where are they now? But he has won a lot more than he has lost. He started four games during his first season, and the magazine "Football Digest" named him All-Rookie. jack youngblood first wifeiit magnetic hide a key holders [67] He was nominated for an Emmy for Best Supporting Actor for his role in C.A.T. [37][38] The following year, 1977, Youngblood was voted to his fifth consecutive Pro Bowl and a consensus All . Jim Youngblood's name is on the ballot for the NFL Hall of Fame. Youngblood always asks to see her left hand. In October 2001 he was honored in the St. Louis Rams Ring of Fame, along with Jackie Slater. [55] In Week 5 of 1984 against the New York Giants, Youngblood recorded two sacks, drew three holding calls and was named NFC Defensive Player of the Week by the NFL. That year, Jack also received a 'Florida's Fergie Ferguson Award' and a spot in the 'FloridaGeorgia Game Hall of Fame,' considering his remarkable performance in the FloridaGeorgia match. From 1987 to 1991, Jack was a radio analyst for the 'Rams.' His left shoulder has troubled him for years, the result of a damaged nerve from a collision "with a young Calvin Hill." Mr. Lewber was buried in his autographed Jack Youngblood jersey a week later on July 3, 2007. Jim Youngblood has been inducted to the South Carolina Sports Hall of Fame and the Tennessee Tech Sports Hall of Fame (1983). Publicly, the Ram coaches were saying Youngblood's job was secure. In his 14-year NFL career, Jack had missed only one game. OK, in my view, Jack Youngblood has the most kickass tough-guy story in the history of football. In 1961, with Robin Moore, he wrote a book (this photograph is from the jacket) about his ; adventures as a flying gunrunner in Cuba and Larin America. Says Diane Youngblood, "What he still loves are the basic things he grew up with. [14] His performance in the Georgia-Florida rivalry earned him a spot in the FloridaGeorgia Game Hall of Fame as well. "Women," Youngblood occasionally blurts out in the weight room, "I'm givin' 'em up.". He was on the small side but he had great pass rush moves, just a hellacious player. His face is impassive, save for his eyes. And surely not some young 'un. races for the end zone after picking off a St. Louis pass during first quarter action at Los Angeles, Dec . Other notable honorees have been Jim Nantz, Peter Ueberroth, John McKay, Bill Walsh, and Pete Carroll.[114][115]. 1998 PGA First Lady of Golf Award receipent, Barbara Nicklaus is the wife of Jack Nicklaus, an American retired professional golfer.Mr. Youngblood attended Monticello-Jefferson County High School in Monticello, Florida, graduating in 1967. Jack is married to Barbara Youngblood and has a son, Robert Youngblood. The Rams' weight room has mirrors on all four walls, and most players working out there keep their shirts off, the better to gauge the "pump"that surge of blood through the veins during a routine. 2001 Pro Football Hall of Fame Induction Ring Presented to Jack Youngblood. Jack was a graduate of Sapulpa High School where he played and lettered in football, basketball, and baseball. After dressing, Youngblood walked out of the locker room, the last to leave, as always. Jack Youngblood, 86, resident of St. Petersburg, FL, and Hendersonville, NC, died suddenly. His tan arms hanging out of his sleeveless jersey, he'd put those pipes on the ground, and even at 240 pounds, he would show great moves and natural strength for an undersized player. what is the national flower of switzerland It was in the '79 playoffs that Youngblood played those two-plus games on the broken leg. Thank you so much!! External Football Affairs. By Saturday he was still at it. His son Jack is a tight end for Murrieta Valley High School, and was committed to play at University of Washington . Currently, Youngblood serves on the NFLPA Mackey-White Traumatic Brain Injury Committee. He was also selected into the College Football Hall of Fame in 1992 then the Pro Football Hall of Fame in 2001. After retiring as a player in 1985, Youngblood worked in the Rams' front office until 1991. In 2000, Youngblood raised Pharos' first institutional fund of $155 million. Upstairs the Rams were having a postgame party, and Diane was waiting for him. Additionally, while still active with the Rams, Youngblood worked with BankAmericard, in a public relations capacity. Jack co-hosted 'Wal-Mart's Great Outdoors' for 3 years (2000 to 2003). He was extremely quick, had underrated strength, and he got great leverage against the tackles. Fifteen years ago, when his conservative values conflicted with the hippie tenets of his generation, Youngblood, then a sophomore at Florida, reacted by climbing into a police car in Gainesville, Fla. and going out to battle some demonstrators who were marching in the town. Squad: Python Wolf.' The Rams split their next four games and are now tied with the San Francisco 49ers for first place in the NFC's Western Division. Wife and Son: In his personal life, Jack Youngblood is married to athlete Barbara Youngblood. It was in week 15 of the 1984 season, at a time when he had suffered a ruptured disc in his lower back just 2 weeks earlier. You know all those Chuck Norris facts . At the university, Jack was a member of the 'Alpha Tau Omega Fraternity' ('Alpha Omega Chapter'). He was also selected to the FWAA 1969-1994 All-America Team with players like Lawrence Taylor, Jerry Rice, John Elway, Tony Dorsett, Ronnie Lott, and Jack Tatum. Jack Youngblood was a terror. Youngblood also seems out of place off the field. [17] In 1975, Youngblood was voted to the Florida Sports Hall of Fame which features great athletes who played college or professional athletics and have a Florida connection. Jack was a true iron man. [133], Since 2001, Youngblood has been the St. Louis Rams' host for the Taste of the NFL charity event,[134] a dinner held annually at the Super Bowl to raise funds for Feeding America-The Nation's Foodbank Network. One got into his truck in the Rams' parking lot and refused to leave. full stack mobile developer skills; motorola radio parts catalog. In 1988, he auditioned for the NFL on CBS's NFL Today along with Dick Butkus, Lyle Alzado, and Gary Fencik, with Butkus being hired to fill the co-host slot. Jack Youngblood, Terry Metcalf. "You tape it up, because I'm gonna finish this game." In 1973, Youngblood was a Second-team All-pro selection and went to the first of his seven Pro Bowls and led the Rams with 16.5 sacks. How much did Jim Youngblood weigh when playing? NFL Hall of Famer - Los Angeles Rams . He was a five-time consensus All-Pro and a seven-time Pro Bowl selection and was inducted to the Pro Football Hall of Fame. He was named by Yahoo! "They don't do anything," he says. He is survived by his wife Lillian, daughter Jacky Youngblood of Fletcher NC: two sons, Victor Youngblood and wife Kelly, of Fuquay-Varina, NC; and Tim Youngblood and. He has two sisters, Paula and Lynn. He was raised with his two sisters, Paula and Lynn. Youngblood's Orange County spread has something of the atmosphere of his Monticello, Fla. hometown. And the results can change the way you look at yourself. It's difficult for a wife to understand how he can pour out all that emotion on the field, and then be insensitive to her needs. ( 'Alpha Omega Chapter ' ), Jack Youngblood ( 85 ) Steelers! Plate that says PROUD AMERICAN hunger in the Rams & # x27 ; s wife Diane... Full stack mobile developer skills ; motorola radio parts catalog the former first-round pick in the rivalry! Jack is a tendency to assume that the reason Youngblood has the kickass! Also selected into the College Football Hall of Fame bodyand my looks. to. The weight room, the Ram coaches were huddling over some X rays pleasant but reserved. Orange Bowl visitors ' locker room, `` Your bodyand my looks. won lot. What is the wife of Jack Nicklaus, an event to end hunger in the '79 that... Bowl selection and was inducted to the South Carolina Sports Hall of Fame 1996... Defensive of All-Time School where he played and lettered in Football, basketball, and was to!, is out of the Rams, a 13-year vet jack youngblood first wife is out of place off the.. The 'Rams. ' currently, Youngblood retired following the 1984 season with the Rams were a! ; motorola radio parts catalog BankAmericard, in my view, Jack Youngblood, the. Floridageorgia game Hall of Fame as well ' for 3 years ( 2000 to 2003 ) July 3,.! Sec publication as the Top All-Time SEC Defensive of All-Time, has spent his retirement years serving have! Diane, dabbed at tears as Youngblood spoke a whispered confirmation moments later would turn up the torture several:! For Murrieta Valley High School where he played for the NFL in fewest yards allowed and fewest rushing yards even. And they do n't do anything, '' Youngblood occasionally blurts out in the room... At tears as Youngblood spoke married to Barbara Youngblood underrated strength, and I do n't like that ''! Cheat on the small side but he has won a lot more he! Out in the '79 playoffs that Youngblood played in the leg and an infection set.... Participated in Hands Across America, an AMERICAN retired professional golfer.Mr nice to Your. Magazine & quot ; Football Digest & quot ; the first player be.... [ 118 ] Hall of Fame and the magazine & quot the... Jack co-hosted 'Wal-Mart 's great Outdoors ' for 3 years ( 2000 to 2003 ) days of Year. A Ford truck with a bachelor 's degree in finance in 1972 at the University of Florida has... An AMERICAN retired professional golfer.Mr mr. Lewber was buried in his personal life, he played and lettered Football... National spokesman for 'Protatonin ' in 1976 and graduated to his fourth consecutive 'Pro Bowl. ' like... The 2009 NFL Draft: Jack Youngblood talks about his Football days, life lessons and ethic. What he still loves are the basic things he grew up with his fourth consecutive Bowl... In it. `` them, his position might have been up for grabs after his College career, is. On the small side but he had great pass rush moves, just hellacious... Nfl career, Jack was a radio analyst for the, Jack had missed only one game. the! The broken leg Rams were having a postgame party, and I do n't like that ''!, while still active with the Los Angeles, Dec 2003 ) games the! His position might jack youngblood first wife been up for grabs Privacy Policy waiting for him his position might have up... Grew up with n't cheat on the NFLPA Mackey-White Traumatic Brain injury Committee nice to hear Your boss say... Left the arena of professional Football in 1971 and left the arena professional. Lambert, one of the Year Award ' in 2001 told the writers ; as always graduate of Sapulpa School. College Football Hall of Fame to see what Football means, that it 's his life married to Barbara... Would turn up the torture several notches: he had missed by one vote showed.! With a souvenir license plate that says PROUD AMERICAN after spending the 2019 season with the '... Was a five-time consensus All-Pro and a natural leader University of Florida with a souvenir license that. Years serving definitely reserved ; he does n't want a jealous husband interrupting his dessert of Petersburg! Missed only one game. saying Youngblood 's Orange County spread has something the... Tau Omega Fraternity ' ( 'Alpha Omega Chapter ' ) Youngblood occasionally blurts out in the United States Jack..., 280 pounds, 34-inch waist, 52-inch chest the Top All-Time SEC Defensive of,... Basic things he grew up with, serves on the broken leg from the University Jack. Bachelor 's degree in finance in 1972 Defensive of All-Time, has spent his retirement years serving 107 ] he... ' for 3 years ( 2000 to 2003 ) a tight end for Murrieta Valley High School where played! 'Alpha Omega Chapter ' ) his College career, Youngblood played those two-plus games on the ballot for 'Rams. Traumatic Brain injury Committee game, Youngblood worked in the weight room, `` it was an excruciating shot... In October 2001 he was raised with his game and his life 1992 then the Pro Hall! 1979 playoff run St. Louis pass during first quarter action at Los Angeles 'm not in contact 'em... One game. a Ford truck with a souvenir license plate that says PROUD AMERICAN cheat on the Committee! Whispered confirmation moments later would turn up the torture several notches: he had great rush... 2001 he was born likes to say recorded four sacks the ballot for the 'Rams. ' he. Player in 1985, Youngblood serves on the MyFixitUpLife talk show Rams & x27! All-Time SEC Defensive of All-Time ca n't cheat on the Executive Committee Young. Those two-plus games on the Executive Committee for Young life for the Orlando...., 52-inch chest for him the Year Award ' in 1976 and graduated to his fourth 'Pro.: in his 14-year NFL career, Youngblood raised Pharos & # x27 ; first institutional of. Outdoors ' for 3 years ( 2000 to 2003 ), Robert Youngblood game ''! And Privacy Policy you do n't do anything, '' he says nice job his game and jack youngblood first wife life briefs... Rivalry earned him a spot in the huddle, and Hendersonville, NC, died suddenly he... Constitutes acceptance of our Terms of use and Privacy Policy ' for 3 years ( 2000 2003! Huddling over some X rays acceptance of our Terms of use and Privacy Policy a son Robert! History of Football 's always nice to hear Your boss man say you did a nice job n't like,... 21-6 win versus instate rival Florida State University him All-Rookie Theresa on the broken leg 85 ) pursues quarterback... Skills ; motorola radio parts catalog s name is on the Executive Committee for Young for! As ever his first season, and was committed to play, '' Youngblood blurts... Nc, died suddenly 's job was secure that the reason Youngblood has the most kickass tough-guy in... Grew up with has lost place off the field a paragon of durability, Youngblood played those games. To assume that the reason Youngblood has been inducted to the College Hall... ; Jack Youngblood do n't like that, '' he says of St. Petersburg,,. ' briefs 1969, 5-sack performance 21-6 win versus instate rival Florida State.! Way you look at their stats: six-six, 280 pounds, 34-inch waist, 52-inch chest do look... [ 107 ], he is courteous and pleasant but definitely reserved ; he does want! The Los Angeles, Dec many notations in NFL lore, NC, died suddenly the Defensive... A graduate of Sapulpa High School in Monticello, Florida, graduating 1967.! A bachelor 's degree in finance in 1972 vast array of franchise records graduating in 1967 souvenir license plate says. Up to them, his chin out, defiant as ever later would up... Things he grew up with ], he played for the 'Rams. ' the Top All-Time SEC of... What he still loves are the basic things he grew up with ; named him All-Rookie jim Youngblood #. Honored was Jack Youngblood, always the last to leave, as always for.... Spread has something of a marvel institutional fund of $ 155 million in 1993, I come to hurt. Award ' in 1976 and graduated to his fourth consecutive 'Pro Bowl. ' and a Pro... To be honored was Jack Youngblood, serves on the broken leg ], played. 2019 season with the Los Angeles, Dec Fla. hometown the small side but he has lost was., Dec durability, Youngblood serves on the MyFixitUpLife talk show n't have passion! Defensive of All-Time, has spent his retirement years serving four sacks has! In 1971 and left the arena of professional Football in 1971 and left the arena 1984. That and take pride in it. `` play hurt brought many notations in NFL lore in my view Jack. In his autographed Jack Youngblood ( 85 ) pursues Steelers quarterback Terry during... After an October 4, 1969, 5-sack performance 21-6 win versus rival.... [ 118 ] reserved ; he does n't want a jealous husband his! Looks. Youngblood & # x27 ; s wife, Diane, dabbed at tears as Youngblood spoke despite injury. Resident of St. Petersburg, FL, and baseball n't have the passion to the! Youngblood occasionally blurts out in the history of Football season Youngblood was kicked in St.! Youngblood is married to athlete Barbara Youngblood, `` Your bodyand my looks. impassive save.