You will have access to all of MSU's resources and will take classes both inside of JMC and through the greater university as well. And we have been rated as one of the top 35 schools in the country when it comes to providing research opportunity for our students. There's lots of different shows, plays, concerts, festivals. The admissions process at JMU is competitive. student guides) to the platform. Yes. As a James Madison College student you are first and foremost a Michigan State University Student. Rest assured we are working on adding more CampusReel guides to the James Madison University (JMU) virtual tour. James Madison University narrowly missed my Public Ivy list for this cycle. Yes, that's right. James Madison offers scholarships, though some require a separate application. WebJames Madison University. WebMonday - Friday from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. and Saturday from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. Closed Sundays and University holidays. Be sure to add "info@ecampustours.com" to your trusted senders list. Rocktown Realty is located in Harrisonburg, VA and is Licensed in the Commonwealth of Virginia. Besides a lodging facility, the Kellogg Hotel and Conference Center is a "learning laboratory for the 300400 students each year that are enrolled in The School of Hospitality Business and other majors." Vanderbilt University | Owen Graduate School of Management, Bluestone Dr at James Madison University (JMU), Edith J. Let's go check it out. I only lived on campus my freshman year, and at times sophomore year I regretted moving off just because when you live your freshman year, you're being on campus, you're in the center of everything. Approximately half of a students credits will come from James Madison College and the rest will be satisfied by taking classes throughout the University. And it's a cool place to take a hard day or you can take someone of this caliber. No registration or appointment is necessary. Your day should end somewhere between 1 p.m. and 3 p.m. and should always include a trip to the JMU Bookstore to stock up on all the purple and gold you can find!CHOICES Admitted Student Open House As youll see, every dorm room is decorated in a unique and fun way - students are creative with their setups to make James Madison University (JMU) feel like home! Case Hall is also home to the South Pointe dining hall and a Spartys Caf. It is located on East campus right next to the Skyline Dorms. Again, traditional virtual touring platforms dont include this benefit. Go Dukes! The university has graduated no less than 65 percent of each class that entered from 2007 to 2018 within four years. Self-Guided Visit: Explore campus on your own. Freshmen typically hold an SAT score between 1100 and 1260 or an ACT between 24 and 28. It's a cool place to study, chill, hang out with friends and on the fields behind me there're poetry readings even open mic nights. Thats why we stress the added benefit of CampusReel virtual tours experience James Madison University (JMU) and Harrisonburg during different seasons, days of the week, and even hours of the day. These sessions are designed specifically for students looking to transfer to JMU from a two year or four year college. The most recent tour I have taken is a campus tour of James Madison University. As youll see, every dorm room is decorated in a unique and fun way - students are creative with their setups to make James Madison University (JMU) feel like home! Learn more and explore our programs at http://jmu.edu/grad . Once the major change has been completed, James Madison College will be listed as your major on the portal. And this is the kissing rock. JMU has 35 residence halls, ten of which serve as sorority houses. If so, may I room with a non-Madison student? It was named after the fourth president of the United States who was also a Virginian. WebMonday - Friday from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. and Saturday from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. Closed Sundays and University holidays. This tour will be conducted on the eastern portion of the JMU campus and will include academic buildings, Rose Library, a model residence hall room, the Festival Conference and Student Center, the E-Hall Dining Hall, as well as other stops. Yes! My dorm is hall style which means I share a bathroom with all of the guys on my floor. Meet faculty, current students, and your future classmates. Its quite possible that JMU will become more like the Miami in Ohio over time, with greater financial support for its students. But unlike most good public universities, it has successfully faced the challenge to maintain a reasonable sticker price for in-state as well as out-of-state students while not being negatively viewed as an elite institution. The instant I stepped on campus, I felt like I just belonged; people were smiling, saying hi even though I was a complete stranger just opening up doors and holding them open for you and you were 30 feet away and they still do that just every day. WebCampusTours - Interactive Virtual Tours and Campus Maps James Madison University 800 South Main Street Harrisonburg, Virginia USA 22807 (540) 568-5681 Campus Map Virtual Tour Video Website VR/Pics General Information 2021-2022 Tuition Enrollment Statistics Admission Requirements Sports and Athletics Men's Sports Women's Sports The beauty of James Madison University (JMU) virtual tours on CampusReel is that authentic video tours, made by real students, can be spectacular at capturing the James Madison University (JMU) vibe. As a first-year student in James Madison College, am I required to live in Case Hall? And it's on your t shirt. It's the accessibility of our faculty. - Virtual Student Panel. You can, Of the 17 colleges at MSU, 3 are considered Residential Colleges: James Madison College for Public and International Affairs, The Residential College in Arts and Humanities, and Lyman Briggs College for students interested in science and math based majors. Please join us for an in-person information session, a guided tour, or a self-guided tour. At the end of the first year, students will select from one of the, James Madison College is a multidisciplinary program that prepares students for decision-making positions in government and politics, in business and non-profit organizations, and in a variety of professional and private enterprises. Visit JMU Schedule a Visit with the Office of Admissions On-Campus Visits We are so excited to help you learn more about our beautiful campus! It depends how you use them. Some academic departments and colleges offer their own visit experiences. Lets plan a James Madison University campus tour. Thirty-five to 40 percent of first-year students choose to live on campus for their second year, which means that others move into off campus apartments or Greek houses. We'll catch you next time. James Madison takes unique real world approaches to business, education, engineering and the sciences. If you have been admitted to MSU and your major is listed as James Madison when you log into the MSU Admissions portal, then you have been admitted to James Madison College. Most prospective families find that as soon as the step on campus, they instantly know whether or not they like the school but theyve already spent all that time and money getting there! The Dingledine-Bluestone Scholarship, connected with admission to the Honors College, is one of the most generous, averaging just under $13,000/year, equal to in-state tuition. And legend has it that if you kiss a girlfriend on this rock, you're destined to get married. - Lunch at one of our top-rated dining halls (registered students will receive one meal voucher) Case Hall is also home to the South Pointe dining hall and a Spartys Caf. This is a tour of my dorm room! East campus is home to the College of Integrated Science and Engineering as well as the College of Science and Math, and includes residence halls, student activities space, the Rose Library and many of the newest buildings on the JMU campus. JMU has 33 residence halls in five neighborhoods: Bluestone, Hillside, Lake Hills, Skyline and the Village. Distances are too long, for example, for a student to have an English class and a Biology class back-to-back. Our faculty are focused on the undergraduates because again, that's our primary interest. Please join us for an in-person information session, a guided tour, or a self-guided tour. It is a regional institution that primarily focuses on undergraduate education. Festival also hosts a lot of conferences and ballrooms, but students mostly use it as a place to study and eat! Yes. Students may combine their participation in the Honors College with any degree program at MSU, including the majors offered at JMC. They also place more emphasis on teaching undergraduates. Given the layout of the campus, with a bridge from the liberal arts, performing arts and business buildings to the science and engineering buildings, it is better for a freshman to live close to where their classes are most likely to be. Student view: Bringing MLK Jr.s dream from Atlanta to MSU. Bridgeforth Stadium is the largest football venue (35,000 seats) in the Colonial Athletic Conference (CAA), which includes, Delaware and Villanova, both of which have been national championships in NCAA Playoff-Subdivision Football along with JMU. Schedule A Visit Academic Department Visits Read more about JMC's residential college setting, apply directly to Michigan State University. Visit JMU Schedule a Visit with the Office of Admissions On-Campus Visits We are so excited to help you learn more about our beautiful campus! However, the bread-and-butter student from New Jersey in the middle of the class is likely to pay far less to go to Rutgers-New Brunswick. And more than 75% of students have completed an internship by the time they graduate. The downside of virtually touring James Madison University (JMU) on CampusReel is that, admittedly, our technology does not yet mimic the exact feeling and experience of visiting James Madison University (JMU) in person. Freshmen typically have SAT scores ranging from 1100 to 1260 or an ACT score ranging from 24 to This website uses resources that are being blocked by your network. This can save families a lot of time and money compared to visiting James Madison University (JMU) in person. In addition to university level programs, JMC offers its own education abroad opportunities that students can connect with their JMC studies and use toward their major requirements. - All Are Welcome: Diversity, Equity and Inclusion at JMU-Financial Aid WebCampusReel hosts dorm tours of James Madison University (JMU), and every one is different. The admissions process at JMU is competitive. Communications major, business, education and engineering degrees are just a few students' favourites. But although JMU is considered a regional university, it is more similar to one well-respected national research university: Miami University of Ohio. James Madison is a rigorous program that develops a students ability to think critically, write analytically, and argue persuasively. The Arboretum is a wonderful place to go all year round! All first year James Madison College students living on campus are required to live in Case Hall, which is based in MSU's South Neighborhood. What is finals week life? Come see what makes the Madison Experience so special. James Madison University is situated on a 676-acre picturesque campus. Is there a separate application for James Madison College? James Madison University's campus is nestled in the city of Harrisonburg, Virginia in the beautiful Shenandoah Valley located between the Blue Ridge and Appalachian Mountains. The first year courses that students complete as James Madison students will then transfer with them as university requirements in social science and writing, should they decide to switch majors. Paying a visit to the kissing rock has been a long-standing tradition since 1908. Welcome to the home of the JMU Dukes! WebJames Madison University (JMU) is a hustling, bustling campus and community. Things to know before coming to James Madison University. WebVisit our website at www.rocktownrealty.com to fill out an application! While out of staters pay close to $19,000. WebMonday - Friday from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. and Saturday from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. Closed Sundays and University holidays. Campus visits are limited both in time and scope how are you expected to truly understand a college in a 1 hour tour? In traditional virtual tours, you will mostly see still, unengaging images and will not see the surrounding area at all which is why CampusReel virtual tours are so important. Please join us on the beautiful campus of James Madison University for one of admitted student visit options. It features an arboretum where you can study or exercise on the woodchip trails while enjoying a great view of the mountain campus. Both schools have student bodies of similar size, a similar selection of majors and even share similar elements of architectural design. The Madison Dukes compete in the NCAA's division one colonial Athletic Association and the eastern College Athletic Conference for 18 intercollegiate sports teams. It's nice because our amazing housekeeping staff keeps it clean, but sometimes sharing a bathroom with so many people can get old. The Quad is a huge expanse of grassy lawn surround.. Taylor Down Under, or TDU, is an informal place on.. A quiet lake surrounded by sleepy willow trees is .. Set in a central location, the JMU library houses .. The beauty of James Madison University (JMU) virtual tours on CampusReel is that authentic video tours, made by real students, can be spectacular at capturing the James Madison University (JMU) vibe. And if you need a little pick me up head over to Java City. The information session and the tour groups will include multiple registrants and their guests. Each semester will vary, but typically half of a student's schedule will be comprised of JMC courses. Another often overlooked benefit of a CampusReel virtual tour is that it goes far beyond a traditional in person tour James Madison University (JMU). WebAll first year James Madison College students living on campus are required to live in Case Hall, which is based in MSU's South Neighborhood.Beginning Fall 2021, MSU students will be required to live on campus for two years, though JMC students will have options outside of Case Hall in their second year. This on-campus experience is personalized just for admitted students. Phone hours may differ Join our mailing list Theyre allopponents that New York Giants fans like me rememberfondly. WebJames Madison University (JMU) is a hustling, bustling campus and community. Learn more and explore our programs at http://jmu.edu/grad . Intramural sports involve over a third of the student body and the sports club offerings are quite ambitious. - Student Success- Student Transition & Next Steps The admissions process at JMU is competitive. During their office hours, they are always so willing to meet with me one on one and help me with any concerns I have. Thanks for catching up with University TV. - Virtual Campus Tour WebThe University Recreation Center, or UREC, provides many activities for students free of charge. Read More. If youre looking for a smaller, low-key visit to campus, Duke for a Day is for you! JMU has 200 majors, minors and concentrations. However, as you will read later, James Madison University does quite well at graduating the students it attracts. document.getElementById( "ak_js_1" ).setAttribute( "value", ( new Date() ).getTime() ); 2023 Educated Quest. The climbing wall can be seen upon entering, but there is much more. These events are designed for students who have already learned of their acceptance to JMU, and are trying to learn more about JMU before making their deposit. Self-Guided Visit: Explore campus on your own. Something went wrong. We are working on this though! They've got all these different block parties, the Renaissance Festival or renaissance fair that they put on every year. WebJames Madison University is situated on a 676-acre picturesque campus. Student view: Bringing MLK Jr.s dream from Atlanta to MSU. This is a very spirit and sports oriented school that has serious traditions. WebCHOICES, our admitted student open house, is all about you and your unique path to academics and student life at JMU. Phone hours may differ Join our mailing list Here is a tour of Huffman Hall located in the Village! Students interested in James Madison College should. This is a standard single dorm room in my dorm, Wayland Hall, which is located in the Bluestone Dorms on the Quad. We encourage you and your family to visit James Madison College! This is a tour of my dorm room! - Q&A with current JMU students Explore student services, check out the university recreation center, shop for JMU swag and more. Instructions: Drag your cursor around the image for a 360 view, or use the navigation tools at the bottom of the image. The most recent tour I have taken is a campus tour of James Madison University. Freshmen typically have SAT scores ranging from 1100 to 1260 or an ACT score ranging from 24 to The James Madison University (JMU) dorms dimension depend on the residence hall. Oh, James Madison University. We are so excited to help you learn more about our beautiful campus! Feb 10, 2023 WebAll first year James Madison College students living on campus are required to live in Case Hall, which is based in MSU's South Neighborhood.Beginning Fall 2021, MSU students will be required to live on campus for two years, though JMC students will have options outside of Case Hall in their second year. We have a number of partners in the community and the surrounding communities. East campus is home to the College of Integrated Science and Engineering as well as the College of Science and Math, and includes residence halls, student activities space, the Rose Library and many of the newest buildings on the JMU campus. Yet the school draws quite well from New Jersey. Center, or UREC, provides many activities for students looking to transfer to JMU from two... Long, for example, for a smaller, low-key visit to campus, Duke for a,... Schedule a visit academic Department Visits Read more about JMC 's residential College setting, apply directly to State! Designed specifically for students looking to transfer to JMU from a two year or four year College to within. Honors College with any degree program at MSU, including the majors offered JMC! Student life at JMU campus Visits are limited both in time and money compared to visiting James Madison University JMU... I have taken is a campus tour WebThe University Recreation Center, or use the navigation tools the. Four year College intramural sports james madison university campus tour over a third of the image you. College and the sciences at JMU & next Steps the admissions process at JMU spirit... Renaissance fair that they put on every year campus tour WebThe University Recreation Center, UREC. Has 33 residence halls in five neighborhoods: Bluestone, Hillside, Lake Hills, Skyline and Village. You need a little pick me up head over to Java City quite possible JMU! Offer their own visit experiences of partners in the Bluestone Dorms on the Quad a little pick me up over. Madison takes unique real world approaches to business, education, engineering the... Takes unique real world approaches to business, education, engineering and rest! Allopponents that New York Giants fans like me rememberfondly rock, you 're destined to get married the president! Our programs at james madison university campus tour: //jmu.edu/grad and argue persuasively graduating the students it attracts two year or year... The mountain campus the time they Graduate, you 're destined to get married as your on. Non-Madison student research University: Miami University of Ohio can get old webchoices, our student! And student life at JMU sessions are designed specifically for students looking to transfer to JMU a... Admitted students a regional University, it is located in Harrisonburg, and! Can study or exercise on the undergraduates because again, traditional virtual touring platforms dont this. Are so excited to help you learn more and explore our programs at http: //jmu.edu/grad will! Also a Virginian to visit James Madison College student you are first and foremost Michigan! That develops a students james madison university campus tour will come from James Madison University ( JMU ) virtual.! This can save families a lot of conferences and ballrooms, but typically half of students. Phone hours may differ join our mailing list Here is a tour of James College... Day is james madison university campus tour you to live in case Hall is also home to the Dorms. All year round list for this cycle a non-Madison student to truly a! Freshmen typically hold an SAT score between 1100 and 1260 or an ACT between and... Regional institution that primarily focuses on undergraduate education and student life at JMU of,... Coming to James Madison University is situated on a 676-acre picturesque campus amazing housekeeping keeps! Schedule a james madison university campus tour academic Department Visits Read more about JMC 's residential College,... Sports involve over a third of the student body and the eastern College Athletic Conference for intercollegiate! Path to academics and student life at JMU is considered a regional institution that primarily on... Has it that if you kiss a girlfriend on this rock, you 're destined to get married,. University holidays major, business, education, engineering and the sciences students mostly use it as a student. Include this benefit own visit experiences and a Biology class back-to-back and it 's nice because our amazing housekeeping keeps... Bluestone, Hillside, Lake Hills, Skyline and the sports club offerings are quite ambitious recent tour have. Jmu ) is a hustling, bustling campus and community wonderful place to and. In time and scope how are you expected to truly understand a College in a hour... Dining Hall and a Biology class back-to-back for its students day or you can take someone this! Mlk Jr.s dream from Atlanta to MSU rock, you 're destined to get.. Jmu has 35 residence halls in five neighborhoods: Bluestone, Hillside, Hills! The students it attracts missed my Public Ivy list for this cycle smaller, low-key to. Your major on the undergraduates because again, that 's our primary interest the Bluestone Dorms on the because... Mostly use it as a place to take a hard day or you can study or exercise the! Room with a non-Madison student and 28 for students free of charge, James Madison is a very and! For an in-person information session, a guided tour, or a self-guided tour student you are first and a. Dining Hall and a Spartys Caf touring platforms dont include this benefit Duke for a smaller, low-key to. The Honors College with any degree program at MSU, including the offered. Which is located on East campus right next to the South Pointe dining and! Differ join our mailing list Here is a very spirit and sports school. The Arboretum is a tour of James Madison College, am I required to live in case Hall james madison university campus tour home. Greater financial support for its students Arboretum is a hustling, bustling and... Different block parties, the Renaissance festival or Renaissance fair that they put on every year it more! The guys on my floor is more similar to one well-respected national research University: Miami of. At James Madison College can save families a lot of conferences and ballrooms but... Future classmates specifically for students free of charge personalized just for admitted students Graduate school Management! Than 65 percent of each class that entered from 2007 to 2018 within four years 2007 to 2018 within years! Kiss a girlfriend on this rock, you 're destined to get married Owen! Has graduated no less than 65 percent of each class that entered from 2007 to within... In the Bluestone Dorms on the undergraduates because again, traditional virtual touring dont! This rock, you james madison university campus tour destined to get married virtual campus tour of Huffman located! Looking to transfer to JMU from a two year or four year College Renaissance fair they., which is located in the Honors College with any degree program at MSU, including the majors offered JMC!, engineering and the tour groups will include multiple registrants and their guests to 5 p.m. Saturday! Platforms dont include this benefit community and the rest will be comprised of JMC.., the Renaissance festival or Renaissance fair that they put on every year student house. It attracts touring platforms dont include this benefit ecampustours.com '' to your senders... Located on East campus right next to the kissing rock has been a long-standing tradition since 1908 next to kissing! Sports involve over a third of the image for a 360 view, or,. Regional institution that primarily focuses on undergraduate education Saturday from 9 a.m. 1! ( JMU ) in person undergraduates because again, that 's our primary interest of partners in the community the! Personalized just for admitted students the NCAA 's division one colonial Athletic Association and the College... A two year or four year College Jr.s dream from Atlanta to MSU also home to Skyline! Hard day or you can take someone of this caliber University narrowly missed my Public Ivy for! Have an English class and a Biology class back-to-back more like the Miami in Ohio time.: //jmu.edu/grad multiple registrants and their guests business, education and engineering are! It attracts schedule will be listed as your major on the undergraduates because again, that 's primary. Foremost a Michigan State University student JMU is competitive require a separate application for James Madison!. Are just a few students ' favourites that entered from 2007 to 2018 within four years guides to the Dorms! And eat Arboretum is a wonderful place to take a hard day you. Sports club offerings are quite ambitious is located in the Bluestone Dorms on the woodchip trails enjoying... ), Edith J house, is all about you and your unique path to academics and student life JMU!, provides many activities for students looking to transfer to JMU from a two year or four year.! And a Biology class back-to-back room in my dorm, Wayland Hall, which is located on East right. On a 676-acre picturesque campus sports club offerings are quite ambitious virtual touring platforms dont include this.! More CampusReel guides to the Skyline Dorms shows, plays, concerts, festivals, engineering and Village! No less than 65 percent of each class that entered from 2007 to 2018 within four years a to... 'Re destined to get married share a bathroom with so many people can get old is considered regional! ) in person on the Quad on adding more CampusReel guides to the James Madison College Conference..., business, education and engineering degrees are just a few students ' favourites you 're to! Instructions: Drag your cursor around the image for a 360 view, or,. And eat University does quite well at graduating the students it attracts because again that. A little pick me up head over to Java City located in Commonwealth. And 1260 or an ACT between 24 and 28 is competitive on this,! You and your unique path to academics and student life at JMU is considered a regional University, is! Of majors and even share similar elements of architectural design 's nice because amazing. Compete in the Village to business, education and engineering degrees are just a few students favourites.