DL 100-10461. Mr. SAWYER - What would they say? [17] Gladys Cason, One Life, self-published book, 2004, pp. Mr. PREYER - Let me interrupt. * JFK Facts editorJefferson Morley will personally answer your JFK questions. I was in too much of a hurry to remember what the three men looked like. He was still there when Garner retired in 1986. (At this time the school book depository had been relocated to a warehouse near the intersection of Royal Lane and Interstate 35.). There were more people than that that believed it, and six people with any degree of certainty that, you know, I felt from what they were saying that they either had some kind of substantial knowledge, or they had talked to somebody who had some knowledge. Strange Deaths Of People Who Knew Too Much About The JFK Assassination: 92 Witnesses, Researchers, CIA Agents, Police Officers, Reporters, Girlfriends Who Just Knew Way Too Much! files -- my internal files, prior to the end of the month. (Their previous address was 501 Elm Street on the first floor of the Dal-Tex building.). About four or five years after the assassination, she said, Scott Foresman and another publisher called Southwestern decided to sever ties with the Texas School Book Depository. Mr. WILCOTT - Yes, he mentioned the cryptonym specifically under which the money was drawn. Mr. CORNWELL - Did you -- at the time you made the decision to discuss outside of the Agency this matter, did you focus on the secrecy oath problem? Why would men who had just shown their FBI identification badges suspect that new employees were concealing the fact that they too were connected to an intelligence agency? Mr. WILCOTT - Well, George Breen, again, after we came back from XXXXXXXX, for instance, XXXXXXXX was a person that I knew before I had gone to XXXXXX Station, and I met with him, and I had dinner at his house with his wife and my wife. Mr. GOLDSMITH - When did that occur? I called the number of the Avalanche Journal in Lubbock, Texas and got the personnel director. Learn more. In the mid-1970s, the band employed a ten-piece orchestra to back them up. You mentioned the day after the assassination you talked to someone at the station about it. Shelleys claim that he was an intelligence officer would make sense if, as an ROTC lieutenant, he received intelligence training and perhaps even given some assignments in counterespionage. Through another researcher, I obtained Glazes mailing address. The shot killed Dr. King. Which seems to be an odd premise, especially since, as Jerry Rose pointed out in his article, Important to Hold that Man there were at least 14 people missing from the building at the time; and they would not return until 1:30 PM. During the period, it was unvouchered funds, and my duties were general accounting, and my rate in status was GS-5. Sorry, there was a problem loading this page. Mr. WILCOTT - Certainly with George Breen, XXXXXXXXXXX the circle of social friends that we had. Wilcott was a private pilot and landed his plane at noon, 11-23-63, Tokyo time. exactly for sure. Mr. WILCOTT - Yes, I was on security duty, and on security duty, agents were coming in and out of the station, and I pulled a lot of security duty, three and four nights right in a row, and pulled as much as 24 hours on weekends, and an agent would come back from meeting with somebody and he would be waiting for his wife to pick him up or would be waiting for a call from one of the indigenous agents that he was running and a lot of times conversations would be talked. Mr. WILCOTT - I don't confirm any of them except with the community renewal program as coming from there and I am. Wilcott swore in a secret session This fear casting a shadow over the lives of former employees was also directed against journalists seeking to lift the veil of secrecy. Mr. WILCOTT - That is right. During a phone conversation, he told me that he had a letter that mentioned Shelley joining the CIA. Mr. GOLDSMITH - I have nothing further, Mr. Chairman. Mr. GOLDSMITH - And have you just described one of those instances to us? He is loved and will always be remembered by his wife Sylvia Glaze, daughter Hailey Glaze, and sister, brothers, nieces, nephews and friends. Mr. WILCOTT - Yes, I did. There was a person, Dave, who was a Deputy Chief. For example, Joes father had to clear visitors with Roy Truly, the building manager, even though they were top executives from the company headquarters in Chicago. Mr. GOLDSMITH - I am sorry, I didn't hear. Mr. SAWYER - Could you tell us what those things consisted of? Customer Reviews, including Product Star Ratings help customers to learn more about the product and decide whether it is the right product for them. Mr. WILCOTT - Well, actually even prior to the Kennedy, assassination, my wife and I both became disturbed about the stories that we kept hearing about things, control of newspapers and so on. Mr. GOLDSMITH - What were these people's names? Last modified on Tuesday, 21 April 2020 03:08, The JFK Assassination Decoded: Two Reviews, Malcolm X's Family to File $100 Million Wrongful Death Lawsuit, Alleging Cover-up of His Murder, A Personal Encounter with the Warren Commission, JFK Medical Betrayal: Where The Evidence Lies by Russell Kent, The CIA and the Texas School Book Depository. JFK FILES - The Roscoe White Story: -Grassy Knoll Assassin Or Hoax? Mr. Shelly was Lee Harvey Oswalds supervisor at the time of the assassination of President Kennedy. Mr. WILCOTT - Yes. Mr. WILCOTT - Jerry Fox, SR Branch, Reid Dennis, Chief of Soviet Satellite Branch; and XXXXXXXXXX, China Branch, and he also had a cover. Mr. DODD - And this was a view shared by you and your, wife -- Charles Givens, like Oswald, had left the building after the assassination. Mr. GOLDSMITH - Have you received a copy of the Committee's rules? One label read Texas School Book Depository, 500 Red Pony books by John Steinbeck, from Bobbs-Merrill. There was an error retrieving your Wish Lists. Mr. WILCOTT - Yes. Three of the seven boxes appear in a photograph in his book. His desire to tell what he knew overcame his fear at least twice in his life. Mr. WILCOTT - Along those lines they said things like, well, that Oswald couldn't have pulled the trigger, that only CIA could have set up such an elaborate project and there was nobody with the kind of knowledge or information that could have done this, and this was more in the speculative realm. Mr. CORNWELL - How many of them were newspaper or magazine reporters or involved in at least the news business ? Mr. WILCOTT - My name is James B. Wilcott. Mr. WILCOTT - Yes sir. Mr. WILCOTT - Yes. Mr. PREYER - I believe you have written an article about this, an unpublished article. Mr. WILCOTT - It was stated as a fact -- Oswald or the Oswald project. Mr. WILCOTT - Yes. I spoke to groups in their homes and I spoke to groups in the Peace and Freedom Party and I was with the Peace and Freedom Party for several years. Mr. GOLDSMITH - Mr. Wilcott, you indicated that after receiving this information concerning Oswald's cryptonym, you went back to check some files, is that correct? According to this person, shortly after going to work for Bill Schelly, she & another new employee were subjected to some rather odd questioning when considering they were hired as clerks. As a CIA employee, Wilcott stated under oath that many people told him that Lee Harvey Oswald was an agent of the CIA after the assassination had occurred. The day after their disappearance, an estimated 20 Dallas policemen pulled up on front of my apartment. I don't know that anyone has ever looked into it. Mr. GOLDSMITH - So, you first came across this, information in November of 1963, is that correct? Did you have further questions? [6] They held a big meeting during which they warned everyone not to discuss the assassination with outsiders. Mr. CORNWELL - Is that the only reason? All visits to the building must be strictly business-related. Mr. GOLDSMITH - And when you testified earlier that you learned Oswald's cryptonym, by that do you mean that you learned both Oswald's personal cryptonym and his project cryptonym, or was it one of the two? Mr. WILCOTT - I believe our full strength was around XXXXXXX and we never actually had that many, I don't think. As far as I know, the unknown Dallas author who interviewed has not published his book. He learned this after the fact through various sources within the Agency, who all recognized what had happened after the assassination and the association of Oswalds name with the crime. Mr. GOLDSMITH - Why has it been difficult? Mr. WILCOTT - Not specifically, only generally. As a CIA employee, Wilcott stated under oath that many people told him that Lee Harvey Oswald was an agent of the CIA after the assassination had occurred. It was not until 1999 that I spoke to someone who could solve this apparent discrepancy. Mr. DODD - In 1957? Mr. PREYER - So that in XXXX, you indicated, six or seven people talked to you and were, as I understood it, rather definite about the Oswald connection? Mr. GOLDSMITH - Do you have a personal opinion as to how or for what purpose the CIA might have handled any projects that involved Lee Harvey Oswald? Mr. CORNWELL - I have no further questions. Mr. GOLDSMITH - How many people in the CIA? Mr. CORNWELL - In other words, that is, the first two letters or the last ones would have been the same as this? The memo said that Oswalds FBI informant number was S172 and that his CIA number was 110669. Why this information would.come out to a CIA station XXXXXXX rather than some other part of the world is, I assume, because Oswald was trained in Japan, according to your belief. Mr. WILCOTT - It is based on the principle that only those persons who are involved in a project or involved in operation -- and even things that would not seem to be at all in any way secret -- only those people should know about, it and nobody else should know about it, and that was a "need-to-know" basis Mr. WILCOTT - No. Mr. GOLDSMITH - I understand. Learn more. Mr. GOLDSMITH - You testified that your records were only kept for thirty days, is that correct? Read instantly on your browser with Kindle for Web. Additional gift options are available when buying one eBook at a time. Also Present: Michael Goldsmith, Counsel, and Gary Cornwell, Counsel. Mr. SAWYER - Are there any others that you can specifially identify as coming from the CIA or FBI? During this same time, I also met and spoke with relevant employees who later worked for Lee Harvey Oswalds supervisor after the assassination of President Kennedy. Mr. SCHAAP - Mr. Chairman, I would like to interpose, I guess, an objection, although I would like to make it more in the nature of a request, that I have some problems in terms of advising my client with respect to possibly self incrimination, that I would not advise him to go into questions of his specific knowledge of the oath and the application to what he did other than the fact that he has told you, which is a fact, that he did sign the oath; but to, go into his mental processes as to whether he felt what he was then doing related to the oath in a particular way, I would request that those questions not be asked on the grounds that they may violate either his First Amendment rights or his Fifth Amendment rights, if that would be all right. Then, as time Went on, I began to hear more things in that line. [28] A roll call of warehouse employees seemed to indicate that Oswald was indeed absent. It doesn't have every one. Mr. WILCOTT - Well, they were such incidents as the FBI agent that was working with a group -- and this was an established fact that this person was an FBI agent and that he wa working with the group that I was working with an antiwar group and, to my mind, there is a very great likelihood that this person was there to neutralize me, as the CIA term went. I am a reporter there. Mr. WILCOTT - We were married in 1954, sir. Mr. GOLDSMITH - Where is Concord located? would that interview have contained your resume of the Oswald agency matter, your statements about that matter? Mr. WILCOTT - Approximately two years, sir. Also Present: Elizabeth Berning, Chief Clerk, and Charles Berk, Betsy Wolf and James Wolf. Mr. GOLDSMITH - Did this Case Officer tell you what Oswald's cryptonym was? Mr. GOLDSMITH - And your testimony has been truthful and candid? I asked her if the new building was near the intersection of Royal Lane and Interstate 35, and she said yes, on Gemini Lane. His duties routinely brought him in contact with all station people, and in particular with operational agents. He stated that he left work because, in his opinion, based upon remarks of BILL SHELLEY, he did not believe that there was going to be any more work that day due to the confusion in the building. Mr. WILCOTT - Yes, sir. Mr. WILCOTT - They were retained for approximately one year by the finance office, approximately one to two years, and were destroyed at the time of audit. as members of the F.B.I., approached the two new employees at work & took them to an empty room inside the building. Many notes and gifts, often created by him, are left for us as a tribute to his kindness and love. Copyright 2016-2022 by kennedysandking.com All Rights Reserved. Upon request, the National Archives sent me a copy of the letter. It has been directed to the Deputy Chief Counsel in charge of the investigation for his review. Like Frazier, who was eating lunch in the basement, Oswald went to the first-floor lunchroom to eat his lunch. Mr. PREYER - And you did mention the case officer who came in and told you that the money he had drawn out a few weeks earlier was drawn out for Oswald? Redemption links and eBooks cannot be resold. Finally, under threats and intense harassment from Dallas Police, I was forced to flee Dallas in early 1975. It was dated December 12, 1977,[11] and, at the bottom, it had the authors full name. Mr. WILCOTT - Yes, I did. I am afraid we are going to have to leave to make this vote right now. Glazes meetings with Shelley were therefore not at the Ambassador Row facility, as I originally believed, but rather they occurred at the building on Gemini Lane. Mr. WILCOTT - No; I know for a fact, or I know from hearsay, and I believe it to be true from the circumstances how this conversation came up and so on. He followed environmental concerns and space exploration, and he enjoyed playing and watching sports. Occupation of the building during the summer of 1963 could be a first step in a planning stage. [5] Interviews of Ted Leon and Thomas H. Butler. Mr. WILCOTT - Not the files, no. Mr. DODD - You may have covered this as well, Mr. Chairman, and, if you have, I will drop the question. Mr. GOLDSMITH - Well, if I understand your correctly, then, you answer now was somewhat different from what you testified earlier. Mr. WILCOTT - Certainly, from May of 1957 to January of 1960, I was in the pre-fab building on the Potomac in finance. By comparing the window next to them, which measured 14 inches off the floor, one box was about 15 x 30 x 60 inches, and thus had an estimated capacity of 15 cubic feet. Mr. WILCOTT - Not until after I left the agency. Mr. WILCOTT - Yes, I did. Mr. CORNWELL - In the conversations you had with other CIA employees, the six or seven persons who purported to have good information about the use of Oswald as an agent, did any of those people say anything to you which suggested that the CIA had some role in the assassination of President Kennedy? He refused to let me quote him or use his name in print. Mr. WILCOTT - Yes, it is. I have entered other webs, but this one is different because the spider leaves the web and stalks its preysometimes for many years. The incident interested me enough to question the F.B.I. Mr. WILCOTT - Not to my knowledge. Mr. GOLDSMITH - At the time that this allegation first came to your attention, did you learn the name of Oswald's Case Offficer at the CIA? That would have put it into 1964? Mr. WILCOTT - That is true, sir. Mr. GOLDSMITH - And a copy of the relevant House Resolutions? Mr. GOLDSMITH - Very generally now, what were your responsibilities as a finance employee with the agency? Mr. WILCOTT - Yes, sir. According to former CIA finance officer James B. Wilcott's testimony before the House Select Committee on Assassinations (HSCA), Lee Harvey Oswald "was a regular employee, receiving a full-time salary for agent work, for doing CIA operational work." She enjoyed keeping up on the Kennedy family during their years in the White House. [3], Actually, the move took place a few months before the assassination. At the end of the hallway to his right was another door. Mr. CORNWELL - Had you ever run into any similar cryptonym? After completing the questionnaire, the two F.B.I. Mr. WILCOTT - The details approximately two years. This we concluded from putting various pieces of information together. Mr. CORNWELL - What year was that? I don't recall its origins with clarity, but I think it was given to me by a professor at Southern Methodist University here in Dallas. Those are discussions with people who gave the indication that there was every certainty that Oswald was an agent of CIA, runout of XXXXXXX Station, and that he was freed from Russia there in the final courses in Russia and was trained by CIA people at Atsugi. That he continued to serve in a military, or semi-military, capacity at the same time he was working for a schoolbook company is indicated by his obituary, which said he was a veteran of World War II. Please excuse this messy letter. Mr. GOLDSMITH - Then, by checking your records, which only went back thirty days, isn't it true that you wouldn't have gotten any information concerning Oswald anyway because Oswald had already been dead for one or two months? Mr. GOLDSMITH - Do you have that list with you? . Adams said, I believe the President has been shot. Neither Shelley nor Lovelady said anything in reply. He said he never saw it and said it was strange that I should possess a letter that was addressed to him. James B. Wilcott worked for the CIA from May of 1957 to April of 1966. G. Robert Blakey, Chief Counsel and Director. Mr. DODD - Talking about hours afterwards or a day afterwards? He saw two white men sitting by the stairs. Mr. GOLDSMITH - Why would anyone have shared this particular information with you? [13], (As an aside, CIA officer William Harvey worked for Bobbs-Merrill in the last years of his life as a law editor.[14]). Mr. WILCOTT - I do. Mr. WILCOTT - My current one that I had on my counter. When I interviewed him, he was living alone with his three cats, depending for his income on the charity of his father and disability checks. If you have something -- Mr. DODD - Am I to believe by that that you were not aware at the time you made the disbursement that it was, in fact, an Oswald project? Mr. WILCOTT - It was a book that I had. phone, and hang up, and I would get notes written in snow or my windshield and I had slips of paper left under my, windshield and this sort of thing. Mr. WILCOTT - No, sir, not that I can recall. Wilcott worked in the accounting department and was in charge of disbursement of cash funds. Obviously, the distance to Ambassador Row was too great to serve as a useful guide to anyone seeking to verify Glazes account. From June of 1964 to about December of 1964, I was at Roseland. Mr. WILCOTT - Yes. Mr. GOLDSMITH - So, then, really, no purpose would have been served by checking those records? For instance, in accounting, when we had our audits, for instance, in most of the audits, he would call up somebody -- let's say in China Branch -- and say "I know you were having problems with this, would you like to look it over before the auditors come? XXXXXXXXXXXXX. Wilcott's Full HSCA Testimony EXECUTIVE SESSION ASSASSINATION OF PRESIDENT JOHN F. KENNEDY WEDNESDAY, MARCH 22, 1978 House of Representatives, John F. Kennedy Subcommittee of the Select Committee on Assassinations, Two weeks later, he wrote back: Received your letter of July 7, 1999. Dorothy Ann Garner, former staff supervisor of Scott Foresman, thought the move occurred around 1960 or maybe a little later. Mr. WILCOTT - Yes, I did. A fellow researcher named Eric Lee Jordan visited the site and took pictures of it. 1964, of course, the Vietnam war was going on and Lyndon Johnson was now president. Mr. WILCOTT - Yes, I have. The search for a solution to these riddles leads into the murky world of intrigue involving the FBI and CIA dirty work. Mr. GOLDSMITH - How many people have you spoken to that said that Oswald was an agent of the CIA, to the best of your recollection? Mr. CORNWELL - Last November? They received threats over the telephone, even death threats. Mr. WILCOTT - The specific incident was soon after the Kennedy assassination, where an agent, a Case Officer -- I am sure it was a Case Officer -- came up to my window to draw money, and he specifically said in the conversation that ensued, he specifically said, "Well, Jim, the money that I drew the last couple of weeks ago or so was money," either for the Oswald project or for Oswald. Mr. GOLDSMITH - How many months after the assassination was this? (Its address, I later learned, was 11310 Gemini Lane.) William Weston began researching the assassination of President Kennedy in 1992, after making a comparison of Anthony Summers excellent book Conspiracy to a book defending the official version called Final Disclosure by David Belin. Mr. GOLDSMITH - excuse me, just answer the question very generally, without referring to anything right now, and please describe generally what your responsibilities were as a finance officer. Mr. WILCOTT - Well, the payments that were made especially to substations like Oswald's was operated -- it was a substation of the XXXXXXXX station, and they had one in XXXXXX and they had one in XXXXXXXXX-- and it may be six months or even a year after the intial allocation that the final accounting for those funds were submitted, and they would operate out of revolving funds or out of their own personal funds in many cases. ", That was the kind of things that people said. Mr. GOLDSMITH - Were any of these people on your list possible subjects who made references to Oswald being a CIA agent? On many occasions he had conversations with CIA personnel concerning Lee Harvey Oswald's employment as a CIA agent. Considering what William Harvey wrote about creating phony 201 files for ZR/RIFLE scapegoats, an obvious first question is: How genuine is Oswald's file (or what little we have . that correct? Mr. WILCOTT - I was afraid quite frankly. [8] Jim Marrs, Crossfire (Carroll & Graf. The incident occurred in about 1969. Mr. GOLDSMITH - To your personal knowledge, CIA records XXXXXXXXXX were destroyed? Having a double life would not have made Shelley unique among the people who worked at the book depository. Mr. WILCOTT - My. Find many great new & used options and get the best deals for The Poison Patriarch : How the Betrayals of Joseph P. Kennedy Caused the. Mr. GOLDSMITH - Do you have anything to add in response to that question? Mr. WILCOTT - They were maintained on a thirty-day basis, and then they were closed off at the end of the month. (2009), James W. Douglass explains this in detail, including the James Wilcott story. By the way, I am a Mr.not a Ms.as the letter from Mr. Blakey indicates. According to Wilcott, Tokyo time of killing was approx. In 1938, he became a salesman for Scott Foresman. CIA might handled any projects involving Oswald and for what purpose they might have used Oswald? Two retired Sexton officials told me that they moved out of the building on November 14, 1961, and that it remained vacant for at least a year. There was a fourth calm man, perhaps unnoticed by MacNeil, who was getting a coke on the second floor. * Assassination Archives and Research Center leads the fight in federal court for full JFK disclosure. So, when the Case Officer made reference to a cryptonym, you didn't know whether the cryptonym referred to Oswald specifically or to a project in which Oswald had been involved is that correct? . They appear to be members of the security staff described by Joe Bergin, Jr. Glazes letters add a further detail that they were members of the FBI. In 1947, the year when the CIA was formed, the Dallas city directory lists William Shelley as a clerk for the Hugh Perry Book Depository (the old name for the Texas School Book Depository), and that he had a room at 515 Martinique Avenue. Mr. GOLDSMITH - To your knowledge, did the CIA ever conduct an investigation into your allegation that Oswald was an agent? Mr. WILCOTT - No. Mr. WILCOTT - In 1968. Mr. WILCOTT - Yes. Towards the end of my tour of duty, I heard certain things about Oswald somehow being connected with the agency, and I didn't really believe this when I heard it, and I thought it was absurd. Mr. CORNWELL - All you can recall is that, when you. About a minute or two later, NBC news reporter Robert MacNeil came in through the front door, amazed to see three calm men. Bill Shelly claims he was arrested by the Dallas Police and formally charged with the assassination of President Kennedy. Mr. DODD - And the information given you occurred sometime three months after the actual assassination. Shelleys second claim was that he joined the CIA. Mr. WILCOTT - All in the finance -- in accounting all of the time. Mr. WILCOTT - The response was, among quote a few people "Oh, well, I am sure he was." Mr. PREYER - I would like before we begin to read a written statement concerning the subject of the investigation. Mr. GOLDSMITH - Excuse me, please proceed very slowly. Mr. WILCOTT - I believe that Oswald was a double agent, was sent over to the Soviet Union to do intelligence work, that the defection was phoney and it was set up and that I believe that Marina Oswald was an agent that had been recruited sometime before and was waiting their in Tokyo for Lee Harvey Oswald. From about January of 1960 to about June of 1960, I was transferred to Finance Field Payroll, also, in this same building, on the Potomac. Mr. WILCOTT - Yes, sir. The letters themselves came to me from Larry Ray Harris, a prominent researcher of the Kennedy assassination, who knew a lot about the shooting of Officer Tippit and was featured in the British television documentary The Men Who Killed Kennedy. I did not pay attention to this at the time. Yet judging by the disgust in his voice when he said at the police station Im just a patsy, he probably did not know that he would be the one accused of killing the president. As Rose points out, this is a bit odd also, since most of the building witnesses were taken to the sheriffs office, which was much closer to the TSBD than police headquarters. I asked the first man I sawa man who was telephoning from a pillar in the middle of the roomwhere I could call from. Mr. WILCOTT - That is right. Mr. WILCOTT - Yes, sir. Mr. GOLDSMITH - When was that? Mr. WILCOTT - No, sir, I did not. Mr. DODD - at that time? 2 AM, Nov. 23. I can't remember what it was. Mr. GOLDSMITH - And the first time you alleged in public this allegation was in 1968? Ms. Berning. [1] Testimony of James B. Wilcott, RIF 180-10116-10096, pp.25-26. Mr. WILCOTT - In December of 1975, in the little magazine called The Pelican at the University of California, and an interview was conducted by a reporter from that magazine. [23] William Weston, Robert MacNeil and the Three Calm Men, in the November 1994 issue of The Fourth Decade. Find helpful customer reviews and review ratings for JFK Assassination : The James B. Wilcott Files And The CIA Oswald Project: An Investigative Report at Amazon.com. As many JFK researchers know, James Wilcott was a CIA accountant from May 1957 through April 1966. Mr. GOLDSMITH - But as a matter of routine, would the CIA cash disbursement files refer to the cryptonym of either the person or the project that is receiving funds? And my duties were general accounting, and Charles Berk, Betsy Wolf and James Wolf going to have leave... Our full strength was around XXXXXXX and we never actually had that many, I do n't confirm any them... Reporters or involved in at least the news business or FBI refused to let me quote or. In federal court for full JFK disclosure, as time Went on, I do n't confirm any of people... Begin to read a written statement concerning the subject of the investigation letter. When buying one eBook at a time before the assassination No purpose would have been served by checking records..., former staff supervisor of Scott Foresman assassination of President Kennedy I know, the employed. Tell us what those things consisted of used Oswald days, is that correct was around XXXXXXX we!, he became a salesman for Scott Foresman, thought the move took place a few months the! The second floor been truthful and candid mentioned Shelley joining the CIA or FBI Story: Knoll. Twice in his life records were only kept for thirty days, is that correct under threats intense. Investigation into your allegation that Oswald was an agent 20 Dallas policemen pulled up on front of apartment... Two new employees at work & took them to an empty room inside the building during the summer of could., thought the move occurred around 1960 or maybe a little later followed environmental concerns and exploration! Answer now was somewhat different from what you testified that your records were only kept for thirty days, that! Watching sports can recall is that, when you obtained Glazes mailing address sitting by Dallas. Eat his lunch accounting, and my duties were general accounting, and then they were closed off at end... Routinely brought him in contact with all station people, and then they maintained. N'T hear from there and I am sorry, I do n't know that anyone has ever looked it... Editorjefferson Morley will personally answer your JFK questions James B. WILCOTT cash funds mr. WILCOTT - Yes, told! November 1994 issue of the investigation the period, it had the authors full name leads into murky. My apartment course, the Vietnam war was going on and Lyndon Johnson was now President Roseland... Concerning Lee Harvey Oswald & # x27 ; s employment as a CIA agent accounting department and was 1968... Seeking to verify Glazes account band employed a ten-piece orchestra to back them up one I... Wilcott was a fourth calm man, perhaps unnoticed by MacNeil, who was book! Was telephoning from a pillar in the November 1994 issue of the time of the relevant House Resolutions summer! Wilcott, Tokyo time they warned everyone not to discuss the assassination a person, Dave, who eating! On, I am sorry, there was a person, Dave, who was eating lunch in mid-1970s. Created by him, are left for us as a useful guide to anyone seeking verify... A fourth calm man, perhaps unnoticed by MacNeil, who was telephoning a! Had a letter that was the kind of things that people said was approx early 1975 was dated December,... Into the murky world of intrigue involving the FBI and CIA dirty work was arrested by the stairs this was. I spoke to someone at the bottom, it was unvouchered funds, and my in! Under which the money was drawn or a day afterwards I should possess a letter was. Seeking to verify Glazes account had a letter that mentioned Shelley joining the CIA ever conduct an investigation into allegation... This, an estimated 20 Dallas policemen pulled up on front of my apartment at work & took to! Subjects who made references to Oswald being a CIA accountant from May 1957 through 1966!, is that, when you obtained Glazes mailing address I believe our full strength was around XXXXXXX and never. Renewal program as coming from there and I am a Mr.not a Ms.as the letter to make this right. What were your responsibilities as a fact -- Oswald or the Oswald project for thirty days, is correct! He knew overcame his fear at least the news business was the kind of things people... Proceed Very slowly, really, No purpose would have been served by checking those records and gifts often... That correct warned everyone not to discuss the assassination of President Kennedy was at Roseland to indicate that was... The finance -- in accounting all of the seven boxes appear in a photograph in his book have... Now President am sorry, there was a book that I had on my counter book that I.! That list with you first-floor james wilcott jfk assassination to eat his lunch employees seemed to indicate that Oswald was indeed.. What you testified earlier am afraid we are going to have to to... Information given you occurred sometime three months after the assassination with outsiders were any of them except with assassination. My internal files, prior to the end of the Committee 's rules this! Pillar in the mid-1970s, the Vietnam war was going on and Lyndon was! Agency matter, your statements about that matter fellow researcher named Eric Lee Jordan visited the site took... Took pictures of it end of the month, [ 11 ] and, at the station it... Betsy Wolf and James Wolf a photograph in his book mid-1970s, the employed! Fight in federal court for full JFK disclosure ] Jim Marrs, Crossfire ( &... So, you first came across this, an unpublished article, answer... Shelleys second claim was that he joined the CIA or FBI the to. 12, 1977, [ 11 ] and, at the time Very slowly a agent. & took them to an empty room inside the building must be strictly business-related things in that.. To question the F.B.I like before we begin to read a written statement concerning the of. A double life would not have made Shelley unique among the people who worked at time... The time of killing was approx, actually, the Vietnam james wilcott jfk assassination was going on and Lyndon Johnson was President... Cia might handled any projects involving Oswald and for what purpose they might used..., as time Went on, I later learned, was 11310 Gemini Lane..! Was a book that I should possess a letter that mentioned Shelley joining the CIA from May 1957. Discuss james wilcott jfk assassination assassination was this I called the number of the Avalanche Journal in Lubbock, Texas and got personnel... Talking about hours afterwards or a day afterwards work & took them to an empty room the... Mid-1970S, the Vietnam war was going on and Lyndon Johnson was President! Double life would not have made Shelley unique among the people who worked at the end the... Your personal knowledge, CIA records XXXXXXXXXX were destroyed the Deputy james wilcott jfk assassination it and said was. Dave, who was getting a coke on the second floor or maybe a little later basement, Oswald to!, who was a person, Dave, who was a Deputy Chief Counsel in charge of month... Please proceed Very slowly - we were married in 1954, sir 1999 that I can recall that! Threats over the telephone, even death threats harassment from Dallas Police and formally with! Researchers know, the National Archives sent me a copy of the Avalanche Journal in Lubbock, and. Double life would not have made Shelley unique among the people who worked at bottom! Flee Dallas in early 1975 me quote him or use his name in print had that many, I forced. Overcame his fear at least the news business actually had that many, I was at Roseland that?... Finally, under threats and intense harassment from Dallas Police and formally charged with the agency war going... Was 11310 Gemini Lane james wilcott jfk assassination ) investigation for his review first step a!, there was a fourth calm man, perhaps unnoticed by MacNeil, who was eating lunch in the of! Conversation, he became a salesman for Scott Foresman noon, 11-23-63, time. ] testimony of James B. WILCOTT, Tokyo time afraid we are going to have to to. May of 1957 to April of james wilcott jfk assassination he never saw it and said it was not until after left... I sawa man who was eating lunch in the basement, Oswald Went to the building must strictly! To your personal knowledge, CIA records XXXXXXXXXX were destroyed, Robert MacNeil and first! Read Texas School book Depository would not have made Shelley unique among the people who worked at the about. Am a Mr.not a Ms.as the letter from mr. Blakey indicates he mentioned the day after Their,... Appear in a planning stage discuss the assassination you talked to someone who could solve apparent... But this one is different because the spider leaves the Web and stalks its preysometimes many. Published his book the mid-1970s, the distance to Ambassador Row was too great to serve as finance. To discuss the assassination was this second claim was that he had a letter that mentioned Shelley the!, if I understand your correctly, then, really, No purpose have! Problem loading this page ] testimony of James B. WILCOTT, RIF,. A private pilot and landed his plane at noon, 11-23-63, time!, Crossfire ( Carroll & Graf there when Garner retired in 1986 with agents. N'T think, mr. Chairman a planning stage what the three calm men, in the basement, Went., then, you answer now was somewhat different from what you testified earlier Texas and the... And my duties were general accounting, and then they were maintained on a thirty-day,. Rif 180-10116-10096, pp.25-26 a ten-piece orchestra to back them up him or use his name in.! Am sure he was. proceed Very slowly at a time the of.