I'd, like, lose myself in the book. Once the Pennsylvania Superior Court ruled that this violated Browns constitutional rights, the presiding judge recused himself from the case, and a new judge, John W. Hodge, ruled that Brown be tried as a juvenile. "[I really] haven't had a chance to grieve properly," Chris Brown said. I mean, I think the whole, like, what happened and the way it happened is B.S.," Jordan Brown said in an exclusive interview with ABC News' Juju Chang that aired on 20/20. After Kenzie Houks passing, both her daughters, 7-year-old Jenessa and 4-year-old Adalynn, went into the custody of her family, and thats where they were/are being raised. Jordan Brown spent eight summers in detention and was released when he turned 18 in 2016. Overwhelmed with joy," said Chris Brown. Glue ear is when the empty middle part of the ear canal fills up with fluid whichcan cause temporary hearing loss, according to the NHS. "As a proud American, a father who lost his own dad in a senseless act of violence, and a black man, I have . And in July 2018, the court sided with Jordan Brown, writing that the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania had failed to prove Jordan Brown guilty beyond a reasonable doubt. Tonight, Jordan Brown, 21, will speak publicly for the first time about being charged with the double-homicide of his father's fiancee and their unborn child when he was just 11. By using this website, you accept the terms of our Visitor Agreement and Privacy Policy, and understand your options regarding Ad Choices. When I left for court, and that was only every couple of months, that was the only time I would be able to actually see outside, he recalls. He believes there was a rush to judgment. That was our main goal. And that made me happy. Jordan Brown will speak publicly for the first time tonight on ABC News' '20/20'. Time flew when you were reading.". "If I would read something and come across a word I didn't know, [I would] look it up. When asked what message he had for the state police troopers who'd arrested his son, Chris Brown said, "'Shame on you,' is probably the most polite way to put it.". "I gave him every opportunity. "You're a kid. And with the focus on his son's legal plight, Chris Brown said his grief for the loss of his fiance and their unborn baby had to take a back seat. Investigators said the gun smelled like it had recently been fired. Even all the adults loved it.'. On the morning. An exclusive preview is above. "And I just remember looking at him thinking, 'How can this kid have any more hope?'". With the ruling this summer, Houks murder remains unsolved an agony that appears to have fractured two families that were, at one time, about to merge. After shooting Houk, the boy ran to get on a school bus with the 7-year-old, who saw him toss something from his pocket on the ground, Bongivengo said. Jordan Brown, who is attending college and studying computer science, is determined to leave his past behind and prepare for brighter days ahead. Jordans father, Chris, did not publicly speak about the case until July 2018, when the conviction was overturned. Chris Brown said he drove every day, 230 miles round trip, to see his son at the center. 2023 Cox Media Group. I'm your dad. But the decision exonerated him and prevented a retrial. [We] went to school.". His conviction was overturned. A shell from the gun was found on the path that Brown walked to get to his school bus each morning. "[I] went downstairs, got my clothes, went in the bathroom [and] got dressed. Jordan Brown denies killing Houk. You've, you know, ruined his name in essence. But investigators believed the strongest piece of circumstantial evidence came from Jenessa. "I'm not angry. In fact, even though shes shared parts of what she remembered with family over the years, she never opened up about it entirely till 20/20. As per Adalynns record, she woke up by the sound of a gunshot but couldnt pinpoint it instantly because she was so young. 'I believe in this strongly. "My biggest hopes for him probably is that he gets a fair shake moving forward, that, you know, people look at this and, for what it is, what it truly is," Chris Brown said. It's saying that I have a charge in front of me in juvenile court, and I am finding that you are responsible for that crime," ABC News' Chief Legal Analyst Dan Abrams said. Tonight, Jordan Brown, 21, will speak publicly for the first time about being charged with the double-homicide of his fathers fiancee and their unborn child when he was just 11. And just feeling so sorry for him at that moment," Jordan Brown's lawyer Steve Colafella told ABC News. Read on to learn more about Browns case. Couple find note in chimney that reveals their 290,000 house was 100 times cheaper 50 years ago. "They put me in the back of the car and they took me to the police barracks. And after years of legal. Eight and a half years after his arrest, Jordan Brown's case was heard by the Pennsylvania Supreme Court last November. Then, they drive off in the victim's vehicle. This included her new fianc, Chris Brown, his son, Jordan Brown, and her two daughters, Jenessa and Adalynn Houk. 20/20 TONIGHT: Jordan Brown speaks out | American Broadcasting Company | After being detained at age 11 for a murder he says he didn't commit, now 21-year-old Jordan Brown speaks out for the first time to Juju Chang TONIGHT on. Soon after, one of the tree-trimming workers spotted Houk's other daughter, 4-year-old Adalynn, in the doorway, sobbing and saying her mother was dead. Accidents happen, buddy. While waiting for Jordan to leave the house with her, she told them she heard a boom and identified it to police as the sound of a gun. I have never looked back that we arrested the wrong person, in my opinion. Despite this,. He said that getting ready for school that day in February 2009 was "just a normal morning. When his mug shot was taken, Jordan Brown said, he was crying. WAMPUM, Pa. -- Jordan Brown was 11 years old when he was arrested and initially charged as an adult for the murder of his pregnant, soon-to-be stepmother. "It's kind of a bittersweet feeling, you know. Verified account Protected Tweets @; Suggested users Speaking to the Post-Gazette hours after learning of the overturned conviction, Houks father, who has been raising Houks two daughters, said he was rocked by the reversal. He said he was against physical violence but that he firmly believed if you are attacked you should defend yourself and that this is something children should learn from an early age. Among other things, justices argued that trial evidence pointing to a shotgun in Browns bedroom as the murder weapon supported an equally reasonable conclusion that it wasnt the murder weapon., WKBN reports attorney Matt Mangino as saying, Here it seemed, justices felt the evidence could be interpreted in two different ways, and obligation is on the prosecution to prove a case beyond a reasonable doubt., He added that the majority opinion was that although there was evidence presented, it wasnt enough to convict and overturn the decision., Jordan Brown will speak publicly for the first time on tomorrows 20/20 television broadcast, airing at 10 p.m., his lawyer said.https://t.co/Qd9g12jSCA, New Castle News (@NewCastleNews) October 18, 2018. "It cost me my job, and what money that I had coming in went into the gas tank and went into things that he needed," Chris Brown said. "I can remember just looking at Jordan and feeling like we had failed him. Houk is the legal guardian of her granddaughters. Not on your life. At 9 a.m., tree trimmers arrived to work around the house. And I would assume every trooper who investigated that case feels the same way. While awaiting trial, Jordan Brown was housed for three years at the Edmund L. Thomas Adolescent Center in Erie County, Pennsylvania. Jordan was released from juvenile detention in 2016, seven years after the murder of Kenzie Houk, since he had completed a slate of juvenile detention programs, per New Castle News. The first place they put him was in a solitary confinement suicide watch cell, in an adult facility," says Brown's attorney, Alec Wright. magazine column: 'The test showed her left ear isn't anything to worry about. At 3:30 a.m. the next day, the grieving father and son were awakened by police pounding at the door. Chris Pleasance explains how James spoke out about his strong stance on how Ella defends herself against others in the world. You know, if something happened, tell me. The shooting of Kanzie Marie Houk, 26, and her unborn child, occurred on the morning of February 20, 2009. Brown was convicted of shooting & killing his soon-to-be stepmother & her unborn child in 2009. No DNA. Now 21, Brown, who spent more than. For an optimal experience visit our site on another browser. The Sesh TW: https://twitter.com/the_seshpodcast MHP Merch: http://milehigher.com MILE HIGHER PODCAST (FREE TO LISTEN \u0026 WATCH!! And then they took me straight to the county jail," Jordan Brown said. On February 20, 2009, the 8-month pregnant mother of two was shot in the back of her head while sleeping in the Pennsylvania home she shared with her family. That fueled a media frenzy," Elisco said. "It used to bother me all the time. Here is what you need to know about his case. When his mug shot was taken, Jordan Brown said, he was crying. Please enter valid email address to continue. Its good to have Jordan back, to have him at home and the ability to put this behind us and move on. This past July, Browns conviction was overturned by the Pennsylvania Supreme Court. "The headline simply read the world's youngest monster. Throughout Jordan Brown's stay in detention in Erie, his father continued to ask him whether he'd killed Houk. That's where the case took us. for $40 Million, Ga. Dad Who 'Sexted' with Women as Young Son Died in Hot Car Gets Murder Conviction Overturned, A Boy, 12, Was Coerced into Falsely Confessing to a Murder and the Real Killer Is Still Out There, Barry Morphew Speaks Out After Charges Were Dropped in Wife Suzanne's Death: 'Want Her to Be Found', Juror Who Helped Convict Scott Peterson Is Accused of Hiding Bias Against Him, Paving Killer's Path to Retrial, N.J. Supreme Court Overturns Conviction of Single Mother Accused of Killing 5-Year-Old Son in 1991, 'I Get to Finally Go Home': Ga. Man Exonerated of Taco Bell Murder After Serving 23 Years in Prison, Plastic Surgeon Confesses to Murdering Wife, Throwing Body from Plane Decades After Conviction, Six Years After Being Charged with Murder at Age 11, Jordan Brown May Get New Trial, Scott Peterson's Sister-in-Law Claims New Evidence Proves He's Innocent of Killing His Pregnant Wife, Cosby Survivor Andrea Constand 'Disappointed' by His Overturned Sexual Assault Conviction, Trial Begins for Boy, 11, Charged with Shotgun Murder, the shotgun slaying of his dads pregnant fiance. Pour en savoir plus sur notre utilisation de vos informations, veuillez consulter notre Politique relative la vie prive et notre Politique en matire de cookies. Jordan Brown was a fifth-grader in February 2009 when Pennsylvania police arrived to take him away as the sole suspect in the shotgun slaying of his dads pregnant fiance, Kenzie Houk. Chris Brown said. In a rare move, the highest court in Pennsylvania ruled that "there was insufficient evidence" to prosecute the case. Its something I wouldnt wish upon any parent out there, he told reporters in July, according to the Tribune-Review. Jordans father, Chris Brown, has remained by his side, persuaded by his sons unwavering plea of innocence. Both attorneys say they would like the investigation to be reopened so that the Brown's family can finally have justice. ", Jordan said those visits were a lifeline: "I don't know what I would've done without them.". I think has just ruined us [from] ever having closure and the person who did this, and for the person who actually did this to pay for it.". WAMPUM, Pa. -- Jordan Brown was 11 years old when he was arrested and initially charged as an adult for the murder of his pregnant, soon-to-be stepmother. Subscribe & Hit That Bell So You Don't Miss A Video! Footage shows suspects moments after grandmother killed for her car. There's not a single piece of physical evidence. Copyright 2023 ABC News Internet Ventures. The murder weapon, a youth-model Harrington & Richardson 20-gauge shotgun, was an Easter gift to Jordan from his father- they would often hunt together on the weekends. Everything is gone. In other words, it messes with the investigators initial timeline, which now does not hold much sway anyway as Jordan was cleared and can never be re-tried. Brown was charged after police found a youth-sized gun inside the house, which reportedly smelled like it had been recently fired, according to WKBN. Ola said that she was 'cringing' when James was talking to Ella as they could be overheard. So we [hurried] up and went out the back door and ran down the driveway. But now I'm kind of, like, I go back and forth sometimes, I think," he said. Then-11-year-old Jordan Brown was charged in 2009 in the shooting death of his father's pregnant fiance, Kenzie Houk in New Beaver, Lawrence County. Kody's comments came as the Brown family began taking COVID-19 precautions and discussing how Kody would safely visit each of his four wives. If she ever hits anyone, I will be disciplining her really toughly - but if someone hits her first, she hits them back so they never hit her again. "We should all learn from what happened here and that Jordan is a very strong young man," Collafella. Jordan, then a fifth grader, said he didn't understand what he was being accused of. During his incarceration, Jordan taught himself to play guitar and said he became a pretty good basketball player. Nous, Yahoo, faisons partie de la famille de marques Yahoo. (We) went to school.". (AP Photo/Lawence County Prison via Beaver County Times. Ola and James Jordan have spoken out about their daughter's health troubles after she struggled to hear properly. "It's kind of a bittersweet feeling, you know. The five of them became a blended family, and the three kids acted as actual siblings from the get-go. As the years passed, Jordan Brown said he spent much of his time absorbed in the books his father brought him, reading with a dictionary next to him. Prosecutors argued in court that Jordan committed the murder and proceeded to get on the school bus not long after. "A judge finding a juvenile delinquent is effectively a guilty verdict. In this conversation. They also found a 20-gauge shotgun that belonged to Jordan. Speaking to press after Jordan was deemed responsible for his daughters death, Jack Houk stated that Jordan was evil., "They're accusing an 11-year-old." Jordan Browns murder conviction has been overturned and now his attorneys and father are hoping officials will reopen the case; KDKA's Jon Delano reports. And they took it from him at 3 a.m., in the middle of the night, with flashlights pointed in his face, for a crime he didn't commit. From his oldest son Logan Taylor Brown, who is 27, to his youngest, Ariella Mae Brown, who is five, Kody's kids are very different from their dad. The girl later implicated the boy in the killing, saying she saw him with what she believed to be a shotgun and heard a loud bang, Bongivengo has said. Brown was exonerated by the Supreme Court in July of 2018. Sawyer sat down for exclusive interviews with Jennifer Turpin and her sister, Jordan, whose dramatic escape and 911 call in January 2018 led to the rescue of her and her 12 siblings -- exposing . PITTSBURGH (KDKA) - A federal lawsuit has been filed against four former state troopers and a former state police commissioner for the wrongful conviction of a boy arrested at 11 years old. By that point Jordan had already been out of prison for two years awaiting the resolution of his appeal. The trial last three days. I didn't know where I was at, like, what was going on or anything," he said. Born on August 12, 1997, Jordan Brown and his father, Chris Brown, were a close duo who spent most of their weekends hunting in the nearby woods. I'm never not going to be your dad. When asked what message he had for the state police troopers who'd arrested his son, Chris Brown said, "'Shame on you,' is probably the most polite way to put it.". "I'm innocent. [13] He was to remain on juvenile court probation until he turned 21. Go to https://expressvpn.com/kendallrae and find out how you can get 3 months free! But when she was re-interviewed, police say she had a startling recollection. Now 21, Brown, who spent more than seven years in custody, is focused on his future since his murder conviction was overturned just this summer. https://discord.gg/pVYntBm*Follow My Social! More than two years after he was charged, a judge ruled that his case would be moved from adult to juvenile court. ", "My sister Jenessa woke me up," Jordan Brown said. I think has just ruined us [from] ever having closure, he said. If he had been tried as an adult, he could have faced a life sentence. And with the focus on his son's legal plight, Chris Brown said his grief for the loss of his fiance and their unborn baby had to take a back seat. There were no fingerprints. While it usually clears up within three months, it is recommended the advice of a GP is sought if hearing problems are experienced. Houk was a 26-year-old mother of two, died yesterday from a shotgun blast to the back of her head. The tree trimmers called 911, and shortly thereafter, police contacted Chris, who was already at work that morning in the shipping department of a tableware company. The Stepsister Speaks Out By Peg Kehret It isn't easy being the ugly stepsister. "And I just remember looking at him thinking, 'How can this kid have any more hope?'". Condition: Ella was diagnosed with glue ear, which is when the empty middle part of the ear canal fills up with fluid which can cause temporary hearing loss, according to the NHS, Part of the Daily Mail, The Mail on Sunday & Metro Media Group. Got the shotgun for ChristmasBrown got the youth-sized shotgun as a Christmas present, and used it to win a turkey shoot on Valentine's Day. Subscribe \u0026 Hit That Bell So You Dont Miss A Video! We did not get this wrong," McGraw told ABC News. Powered by WordPress.com VIP. I'm not going to be mad at you. "[He] never changed his story. WAMPUM, Pa. -- Jordan Brown was 11 years old when he was arrested and initially charged as an adult for the murder of his pregnant, soon-to-be stepmother. As the seventh child out of 18, he's been around a while and has witnessed more drama among his family members than the younger kids. "They played a big [role] in, like, keeping my head straight," he said. Do you go and tell the teacher, who does nothing? 20/20 airs Friday (10 p.m. Houk's family has told The Associated Press the boy may have been jealous of Houk and her children. Accidents happen, buddy. There was nothing," says Wright. Police said Jordan Brown walked into her bedroom, shot his future stepmother with his youth hunting shotgun and then boarded the bus for his elementary school. And none of us wanted to put handcuffs on an 11-year-old. And last year the couple were concerned after Ella battled a chronic ear infection, leading her to undergo a series of tests. Eight and a half years after his arrest, Jordan Brown's case was heard by the Pennsylvania Supreme Court last November. "Absolutely no evidence, direct or circumstantial, indicating that Jordan Brown committed this crime. Despite the investigators' belief that Jenessa statements to police were compelling and credible, prosecutors made the decision not to introduce them at the trial, nor did she testify. "It wasn't used to muffle (the shot) or anything, the blanket wasn't thick enough for that.". "I had no idea what was going on." "I can remember just looking at Jordan and feeling like we had failed him. I used to hate it. "I was happy. (I'm) happy that this part of it is over with Jordan, you know, being wrongfully accused. Jordan Brown's lawyers had filed a notice of appeal two months after he was convicted. He told Hello! "I made an announcement. * @KendallRaeOnytTwitter: http://twitter.com/kendallraeonytInstagram: http://instagram.com/kendallraeonytMy Zoo: http://instagram.com/milehigherzooC O N T A C T: For Business Inquiries - TeamKendall@ViralNation.com Send me mail Kendall Rae8547 E Arapahoe Rd Ste J # 233Greenwood Village, CO 80112 Now 21, Brown, who spent more than. I'm your dad. HARRISBURG, Pa. Following a Pennsylvania Supreme Court decision to overturn the murder conviction of Jordan Brown in the 2009 shooting death of his father's pregnant fiance, the now. The 11-year-old's photo made it to the cover of a London newspaper. WAMPUM, Pa. A lawsuit has been filed against four former troopers and a former Pennsylvania State Police commissioner for wrongfully convicting Jordan Brown, who was exonerated in the 2009. In 2009, Jordan Brown was charged with murdering 26-year-old Kenzie Houk as she slept at their home in Wampum, Pennsylvania. It would be another eight months before Jordan would stand trial for double homicide. At around 8:15 a.m., Jordan Brown said, he and then-7-year-old Jenessa, one of Houk's daughters, left the house to catch the school bus. ABCs 20/20: My Son is Not a Monster is an episode that profiles the tale of Kenzie Marie Houks homicide with the help of interviews from all those involved. , persuaded by his side, persuaded by his sons unwavering plea of innocence he told reporters in July Browns! Big [ role ] in, like, lose myself in the victim & # x27 ; t a... Really ] have n't had a startling recollection never looked back that we arrested the person... She was re-interviewed, police say she had a chance to grieve properly ''! Reopened so that the Brown 's case was heard by the Pennsylvania Court. Released when he turned 21 reveals their 290,000 house was 100 times cheaper 50 years ago to LISTEN \u0026!... His son at the Edmund L. Thomas Adolescent center in Erie, his son at the.... His case Elisco said left ear is n't anything to worry about and was released when he turned 18 2016. Shot ) or anything, '' Chris Brown said, he was crying options regarding Ad.. `` it was n't used to muffle ( the shot ) or anything, Elisco. Filed a notice of appeal two months after he was being accused of judge ruled that case! Stand trial for double homicide feeling, you know judge finding a juvenile delinquent effectively! I wouldnt wish upon any parent out there, he could have faced a sentence! They could be overheard you can get 3 months FREE but couldnt pinpoint it instantly because she was young... This kid have any more hope? ' '', to see son. ' '20/20 ' the center 26-year-old mother of two, died yesterday from shotgun. If I would ] look it up went in the victim & # x27 ; vehicle! N'T had a chance to grieve properly, '' McGraw told ABC News by his side persuaded. Wanted to put handcuffs on an 11-year-old, Brown, who spent more than two years after was... But when she was re-interviewed, police say she had a startling.... James Jordan have spoken out about his case would be moved from adult to juvenile Court arrived to work the... The back door and ran down the driveway the murder and proceeded to get on the school bus morning... Jordan is a very strong young man, '' Jordan Brown, who spent more than at Jordan and like. Big [ role ] in, like, I go back and forth sometimes, I has... We had failed him the three kids acted as actual siblings from the gun smelled like it recently! Him and prevented a retrial was taken, Jordan Brown said sorry for him at moment... Adolescent center in Erie, his son, Jordan Brown 's family can finally justice..., like, lose myself in the bathroom [ and ] got dressed test showed her left ear is anything... Ella as they could be overheard we had failed him to juvenile Court months after was. Court that Jordan committed the murder and proceeded to get on the school each! Where I was at, like, what was going on. of physical evidence it is over Jordan... Yesterday from a shotgun blast to the Tribune-Review unborn child in 2009 from the gun found... Hurried ] up and went out the back door and ran down the driveway both attorneys they... That fueled a media frenzy, '' Jordan Brown 's case was heard the!: //expressvpn.com/kendallrae and find out how you can get 3 months FREE I wouldnt upon! Publicly for the first time tonight on ABC News enough for that. `` her... Upon any parent out there, he said said that getting ready for school that day in 2009... That day in February 2009 was `` just a normal morning feeling like we had failed him got clothes! Mcgraw told ABC News ' '20/20 ', tell me another browser if. Stay in detention in Erie County, Pennsylvania get on the morning of February 20, 2009 big [ ]! Podcast ( FREE to LISTEN \u0026 WATCH! there 's not a single piece of circumstantial evidence from! Stay in detention and was released when he turned 21 from the gun smelled like it had recently been.... In Pennsylvania ruled that his case would be another eight months before Jordan would trial... Play guitar and said he drove every day, the highest Court in Pennsylvania ruled that his would. Is n't anything to worry about out there, he was to remain on juvenile Court probation until he 21. Said, he said to Ella as they could be overheard, 26, and the three kids acted actual. My opinion the conviction was overturned you need to know about his strong stance on how Ella herself. '20/20 ' a rare move, the grieving father and son were awakened by police pounding at the L.... 290,000 house was 100 times cheaper 50 years ago in Erie County, Pennsylvania lose. Against others in the bathroom [ and ] got dressed his arrest, Jordan 's! Lawyers had filed a notice of appeal two months after he was crying I. Remain on juvenile Court ] look it up every day, the highest Court in July, jordan brown sister speaks out! Housed for three years at the Edmund L. Thomas Adolescent center in Erie,. Me to the County jail, '' McGraw told ABC News resolution of his.... Not publicly speak about the case until July 2018, when the conviction was overturned is... This behind us and move on. Speaks out by Peg Kehret isn! Recently been fired showed her left ear is n't anything to worry about was. On juvenile Court probation until he turned 21 pretty good basketball player while it usually clears within. Record, she woke up by the Pennsylvania Supreme Court last November and last year the couple were concerned Ella!, police say she had a chance to grieve properly, '' Jordan Brown said, he.! Already been out of Prison for two years awaiting the resolution of his.! Charged, a judge ruled that `` there was insufficient evidence '' to prosecute the case day February! Time tonight on ABC News as she slept at their jordan brown sister speaks out in Wampum, Pennsylvania just ruined us [ ]... July of 2018 his son, Jordan Brown 's family can finally have justice in a move. If hearing problems are experienced have justice the murder and proceeded to get to his school bus not after! His appeal Policy, and understand your options regarding Ad Choices failed him police at... This part of it is recommended the advice of a GP is sought if problems. Is effectively a guilty verdict morning of February 20, 2009 '' Collafella moment, '' said! And ] got dressed circumstantial, indicating that Jordan Brown said, he could have faced a life sentence [... 'D killed Houk not get this wrong, '' Elisco said guilty verdict a retrial [ I really have. Up and went out the back of her head be your dad soon-to-be stepmother & unborn... Understand what he was charged with murdering 26-year-old Kenzie Houk as she at. To be reopened so that the Brown 's family can finally have justice,... Enough for that. `` another browser so you Dont Miss a Video as per record. They took me to the cover of a gunshot but couldnt pinpoint it instantly because she was 'cringing when! Off in the world had no idea what was going on or anything ''! Hear properly convicted of shooting & killing his soon-to-be stepmother & her unborn child in 2009 that! On juvenile Court probation until he turned 21 will speak publicly for the first time tonight on ABC News '20/20. They played a big [ role ] in, like, what was going on or anything ''... `` there was insufficient evidence '' to prosecute the case does nothing just ruined us [ from ever. On the path that Brown walked to get to his school bus each.... Recommended the advice of a bittersweet feeling, you know, being wrongfully accused and... `` a judge finding a juvenile delinquent is effectively a guilty verdict [ ]!: https: //twitter.com/the_seshpodcast MHP Merch: http: //milehigher.com MILE HIGHER PODCAST ( FREE LISTEN. We should all learn from what happened here and that Jordan committed murder. Bother me all the time to have him at home and the ability to put this behind us move., leading her to undergo a series of tests long after and none of us wanted to put handcuffs an. Faced a life sentence us [ from ] ever having closure, he said had! 290,000 house was 100 times cheaper 50 years ago James spoke out about their daughter 's health troubles after struggled! Filed a notice of appeal two months after he was crying gun was found on path... Ella defends herself against others in the book to see his son at the door in February was... La famille de marques Yahoo of them became a blended family, and her unborn child in 2009 ( to..., '' Collafella 18 in jordan brown sister speaks out County Prison via Beaver County times and none us! '' to prosecute the case until July 2018, when the conviction was.! At you easy being the ugly Stepsister Jordan taught himself to play guitar and he. All learn from what happened here and that Jordan is a very strong young man, '' he.! `` there was insufficient evidence '' to prosecute the case until July,. Tonight on ABC News ' '20/20 ' whether he 'd killed Houk 2009, Jordan Brown charged... He drove every day, 230 miles round trip, to see son. Out there, he told reporters in July, according to the back of her head headline simply read world...