Nucor has an additional $3.6 billion of approved and in-process organic growth investments that will be completed by 2025. The largest trade he's So I do want to state that, and well gauge that by the demand in the marketplace. Mr. Leon J. Topalian has made 14 insider trades between 2017-2022, according to the Form 4 filled with the SEC. There is a compromise between waiting and delivering the babies early, McLeod Neonatologist Dr. Steve Bridges said. First thing, I want to acknowledge the great work that the mills in our raw materials group has done over the last six months, tremendous flexibility and execution to react to the changes in the supply chain. But its certainly not without looking as well as some of the headwinds that are coming from an economy standpoint in the marketplace of interest rates and inflation. Having joined Nucor in 1996, Mr. Topalian also has served as General Manager at two of Nucor's facilities, in Arkansas and Illinois, as well as Melting and Casting Manager, an Operations Manager, a cold mill production supervisor and a project manager. [Operator Instructions] And well first hear from Curt Woodworth of Credit Suisse. You have permission to edit this article. The further out towards the coast you get, the market share has dropped off a little bit. To ensure this doesnt happen in the future, please enable Javascript and cookies in your browser. The sentiment around that part of the market is perhaps, I would say more pessimistic than what the reality is. We look forward to rapidly scaling up their operations as we continue to broaden our portfolio of construction market solutions. Nucor is North America's largest recycler. So, well be right at the 3 million-ton mark and capable of producing at nameplate capacity during the fourth quarter. President and CEO of Nucor Corp ( 30-Year Financial, Insider Trades) Leon J Topalian ( insider trades) sold 47,581 shares of NUE on 03/26/2021 at an average price of $77.18 a share. The nurses already knew who we were, Leon said. Mr. Topalian has been President and Chief Executive Officer of Nucor and a member of its Board of Directors since 2020. The guidance seems to suggest that it should be relatively in line with the second quarter. of Hannibal Industries is in doing that. I want to mention that we support swift passage of legislation to address semiconductor manufacturing and beneficial updates to our trade laws through legislation known as Leveling the Playing Field Act 2.0. But that is an incredible construction solution piece. Leon Topalian is CEO of Nucor Corp. Also joining me today on the call are members of the Nucors executive team, including Dave Sumoski, our Chief Operating Officer; Steve Laxton, our Chief Financial Officer; Al Behr, responsible for Plate and Structural Products; Doug Jellison, responsible for Raw Materials and Logistics, Greg Murphy, responsible for Business Services and our General Counsel; and Rex Query, responsible for Sheet and Tubular Products. We came through so much, but they are here because of answered prayers.. I think it will get richer as we move forward. This article about a chief executive from the United States is a stub. Fri, Dec 9 20227:06 PM EST. Seth, thanks for the question. (renews at {{format_dollars}}{{start_price}}{{format_cents}}/month + tax). | En savoir plus sur l'exprience professionnelle de Mihai Pirlog, sa formation, ses relations et plus en consultant son . This became Kims goal. sale Kim was admitted to McLeod at 24 weeks gestation. Regarding the C.H.I. Mr. Leon J. Topalian is 55 years old, born in 1968. Thu, Jan 26 20236:56 PM EST. Please go ahead, sir. As we execute on our mission statement, to grow the core, expand beyond and live our culture, these investments are excellent examples of what we look for and expand beyond businesses. The companys capital investment in Decatur includes land improvements, construction of a new building and manufacturing equipment. 62 | March 2021 Some of the changes in the energy commodity pricing seen in the marketplace overall over the past year were mitigated by Nucors fiscal and financial hedges that we had in place. Details can be seen in Leon J Topalian's Latest Holdings Summary section. During the last twelve months, insiders at the basic materials company sold shares 14 times. of 48,302 shares made by D. Chad Utermark Above is the net worth, insider trading, and ownership report for Leon J Topalian. And so the Live the Culture piece is easy. Although Nucor believes they are based on reasonable assumptions, there can be no assurance that future events will not affect their accuracy. Her impact on our teams across the enterprise contributed greatly to Nucors success and profitable growth. Thanks for the questions, Seth. Leon Topalian presided over a record-shattering year at Nucor Corp. in 2021, and the company is on pace to beat that this year, despite some slowing in the third quarter. Thank you for your interest in Nucor. We hope this strike an arc, as a matter of fact, on the hot side even yet in the next literally day or two. Nucor, through The David J. Joseph Company, also brokers ferrous and nonferrous metals, pig iron and hot briquetted iron / direct reduced iron; supplies ferro-alloys; and processes ferrous and nonferrous scrap. But why dont you just touch on that a little bit and share where were at with Brandenburg as well. sale And then, my follow-up is just on the steel mill side. We typically run at utilization 60%, 70% and hold that leadership position. And next, well hear from Seth Rosenfeld of BNP Paribas. This is a game-changing mill in the U.S. plate market that will firmly establish us as the market leader in plate. He began his career with Nucor as a project engineer at Nucor Steel-Berkeley in 1996 and was promoted to Cold Mill Production Supervisor in 1998. And look, I would tell you that right now, theres a lot of dialogue going on. Currently I. We said, Lord, if you allow us to have these babies, what a miracle it will be.. The words we expect, believe, anticipate, and variations of such words and similar expressions are intended to identify those forward-looking statements, which are based on managements current expectations and information that is currently available. And thinking about the longer term, with balance sheet strength and product diversity that is unparalleled in our industry, coupled with our highly variable and adaptive business model, we remain confident that Nucor is well positioned to deliver on our commitments to our team, our customers and our shareholders over time. Immatriculation. Sold (or bought if negative) in USD Topalian Leon J HALL LADD R DARSEY JAM. Reshoring semiconductor production here in America gives us a tremendous opportunity to unleash a manufacturing renaissance in the United States. "I feel very privileged to take on this role at Nucor and thank the Board for its confidence in me," Topalian said. Get notified the next time Leon J. Topalian buys or sells Nucor stock. More information about the risks and uncertainties relating to these forward-looking statements may be found in Nucors latest 10-K and subsequently filed 10-Qs, which are available on the SECs and Nucors website. I will turn the call back over to Leon for any additional or closing comments. You asked about capital for the remainder of the year. The Topalian family could now bring home their two newest additions. So, that was how we handled that, took care of customers through supply from other mills. Details can be seen in Leon J Topalian's Latest Holdings Summary section. The corporate mailing address for Mr. Topalian and other Nucor executives is 1915 REXFORD ROAD, CHARLOTTE NC, 28211. So, we still see that nonres construction space that is the driver for these businesses, as Al mentioned earlier, to be very strong. sale I look forward to working closely with Chris and the rest of Board to continue to build on Nucor's success.". Health. But, were not seeing any real movement in terms of material orders. And thats how were thinking about it as we move forward and the types of businesses Chad will be responsible for in the Expand Beyond category. CHARLOTTE, N.C., Dec. 13, 2019 /PRNewswire/ -- Nucor Corporation (NYSE: NUE) announced today that its Board of Directors has elected Leon J. Topalian as a director and John H. Walker to serve as . So, having C.H.I. Nucor Corporation was incorporated in 1958 and is based in Charlotte, North Carolina. Education and Research (BMBF), Germany Non-industry 119 11,409 95.9 104 28 Journal of Clinical Oncology (14), Blood (10), Diabetes Care (9) . Our direct returns to shareholders for the quarter was 37% of earnings. Over his 23-year Nucor career, he has served in our Joist and Deck, Building Systems and Flat-rolled businesses. And as a result of that, we see a stable input cost to DRI with a still elevated pig price or transfer price into the third quarter and then dropping pretty significantly into the fourth quarter. And we remain really excited about the opportunities in structural as we talk to fabricators and we talk to the what I call the consumptive demand part of the market, the folks that are buying our steel and making something out of it is still really strong. 1 dividend stock for a LIFETIME of income. While this is a positive development, unfairly traded imports remain a concern for our industry. Get up-to-the-minute news sent straight to your device. Cision Distribution 888-776-0942 Leon J. Topalian is the Pres, CEO & Director at Nucor. Absolutely. Kurt, thank you. Mr. Topalian owns 126,809 shares of Nucor stock worth more than $21,651,369 as of March 1st. Thanks a lot. , With it, we are targeting higher-growth sectors of the economy and leveraging Nucors core competency in efficient, variable cost-based manufacturing as well as our broad product portfolio and existing channels to market. And what we saw President Biden recently announced an executive orders yesterday, that will continue to position Nucor well, will position Nucors plate group and particularly Brandenburg, and an incredible value-add opportunity for our customers. The company also produces direct reduced iron for use in its steel mills. Nucor Corporation executives and other stock owners filed with the SEC: Strike the best investing opportunities on the market! As we announced in May, MaryEmily Slate retired on June 11th. Yes. from insider trading and has received compensation worth at least He has earned $13,035,624 This record performance was driven by strength across our diversified portfolio of businesses. LEON TOPALIAN is Chair, President and Chief Executive Officer of Nucor Corporation. Joseph Company, also brokers ferrous and nonferrous metals, pig iron and hot, ; and processes ferrous and nonferrous scrap. He also serves as a director of Otis Worldwide Corporation (having previously served as Executive Chairman of the Otis board of directors from 2020 to 2022) and served as a director of UTC from 2018 to 2020, prior to the spin-off of Otis from UTC. About NucorNucor and its affiliates are manufacturers of steel and steel products, with operating facilities in the United States, Canada and Mexico. side will be mostly organic growth from here. So, our opportunity really isnt to move or look for other large garage door companies. And I know you made a comment that you tailor it to production to -- sorry, to tailor production to demand levels. The election and announcement took place at AISI's board of directors meeting held at AISI headquarters, as well as virtually. of 13,387 shares made by Allen C Behr Our local economic development office along with its numerous partners continue to work hard to bring new industries and quality jobs to Decatur. Name Total COMPENSATION; Christopher J. Kearney: Nucor can also be reached via phone at (704) 366-7000 and via email at paul.donnelly@nucor.com. But as Chad mentioned, and I think its an incredibly important part, our industry is shifted and it shifted substantially through reconciliations, through consolidation and through trade. Earlier, I mentioned the 50th anniversary of our New York Stock Exchange listing. Our ramp-up also in what we produce will be determined also by whats going on in the marketplace. There are indicators that we have come off the high in some of these businesses as far as backlogs. and Nucor Corporation. Before we get to our second quarter results, I want to highlight some changes we've made to our executive. Let me start with the back half and then, Rex, Ill turn it over to you. Having joined Nucor in 1996, Mr. Topalian also has served as General Manager at two of Nucor's facilities, in Arkansas and Illinois, as well as Melting and Casting Manager, an Operations Manager, a cold mill production supervisor and a project manager. 1) Design-oriented outcome: Design management involves design and management activities related to the quality of design outcomes, design delivery and/or design As Leon mentioned, this years second quarter was the best quarterly financial performance in our companys history. You can see the complete history of Mr Topalian stock trades at the bottom of the page. Our highest priority is deployment of capital in our businesses to create long-term value. My first question is just around the infrastructure package that should start to really accelerate in 2023. The forward-looking statements made in this conference call speak only as of this date, and Nucor does not assume any obligation to update them, either as a result of new information, future events or otherwise. He also serves as a director of Otis Worldwide Corporation (having previously served as Executive Chairman of the Otis board of directors from 2020 to 2022) and served as a director of UTC from 2018 to 2020, prior to the spin-off of Otis from UTC. CHARLOTTE, N.C., Sept. 15, 2022 /PRNewswire/ -- Nucor Corporation (NYSE: NUE) announced today that its President and Chief Executive Officer, Leon J. Topalian, has assumed the additional role of Chair of the Board of Directors and that Board member, Christopher J. Kearney, has been appointed Lead Director of the Board, both effective today. It was around this time that Kim discovered she was pregnant. Nucor, which already has a significant presence in Alabama, has committed to creating 200 full-time jobs at the facility in Decatur. And the third, our new state-of-the-art plate mill in Brandenburg, Kentucky is anticipated to start at the end of the year. Leon J. Topalian has not been actively trading shares of Nucor during the last quarter. Ferriola has been Nucor's chief executive since 2013. Nucor Corporation. First question is just with respect to the plate and structural markets. There are 1 executives at Nucor getting paid more, with James Frias having the highest compensation of $6,145,810. Our joist and deck business continued to be the largest contributor to the segments performance. Thank you. June 22, 2023, 2 p.m. CT: CEO Huddle with Karla R. Lewis, President and Chief Executive Officer, Reliance Steel & Aluminum Co. and Leon Topalian, Chairman, President and Chief Executive Officer, Nucor Corporation. Nucor Corporation (NYSE:NUE) Q2 2022 Results Conference Call July 21, 2022 2:00 PM ET, Al Behr - EVP, Plate and Structural Products, Doug Jellison - EVP, Raw Materials and Logistics, Rex Query - EVP, Sheet and Tubular Products, Chad Utermark - EVP, New Markets and Innovation, Michael Leshock - KeyBanc Capital Markets. I think the underlying demand, the consumable spending appetite in this country still remains fairly high. 11 transactions in Nucor Corp (NUE) over the past 5 years, including 0 buys and 11 sells. Twins Isabella and Sophia Topalian of Florence recently celebrated their second birthday and have a lot to be happy about. ever made was exercising 47,581 units of NUE stock The operating business segments are: steel mills, steel products and raw materials, the steel mills segment derives maximum revenue. The Nucor team wishes the very best for you, MaryEmily and your family, and you will always be a tremendously valued member of the Nucor family. Its delivering uncompromising results in every area of our business and doing that while maintaining the safety, health and wellbeing of our team. Enjoy a 7-Day Free Trial Thru Mar 09, 2023! The oldest executive at Nucor Corp. is JosephRupp, 69, who is the Director. Executive Vice President Noah C Hanners Leon J Topalian owns 128,107 shares of Nucor Corp (NUE) as of December 20, 2022, with a value of $22 Million. The estimated Net Worth of Leon J Topalian is at least $36.3 Million dollars as of 20 December 2022. [1] References [ edit] ^ Henderson, Bruce (6 September 2019). acquisition, look, in our minds, we acquired the very best company out there in that space, period, bar none. So, if you look at the group -- if you took the first half of the year, we were running at a utilization above the 80% mark as a group. First, with regards to pig iron from the mills perspective, obviously, when we spoke to you a few months ago, you emphasized the strategy to derisk pig iron supply for the full year. Yes. There are 17 older and 3 younger executives at Nucor. Executive Vice President John J Hollatz Officials in Morgan County welcome Nucors growth plans in the North Alabama community. Just trying to square that with the volumes being lower year-over-year. "I want to thank John for his numerous contributions to Nucor. Lebanese American University page 58 The following grants were established to support the Financial Aid program to needy and deserving students under the President's Fund: A.M. Qattan Foundation President's Fund Ali A. Tamimi Co. President's Fund Emily Nasrallah President's Fund Fredrico Senno President's Fund George Faris President's Fund George Zakhem President's Fund Georges . a net We have world-class manufacturing talent, and we are making the right investments to continue our track record of outperformance. Yes, Timna. View original content:https://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/nucor-announces-leon-j-topalian-as-chair-of-the-board-of-directors-names-christopher-j-kearney-lead-independent-director-301625534.html, Nucor and its affiliates are manufacturers of steel and steel products, with operating facilities in, . Mr. Kearney founded Eagle Marsh Holdings, LLC in 2016 and has served as its managing partner since inception. Stock quotes provided by InterActive Data. of 76,357. While we are all aware of these factors, Nucors sustainable and flexible business model gives me great confidence in our ability to continue to grow and create value for our shareholders. Our energy cost per ton of steel produced was up approximately 50% year-over-year. Nucor Corp (NUE) The Nucor team wishes the very best for you, MaryEmily and your family, and you will always be a tremendously valued member of the Nucor family. Were you ultimately forced to lock in some high-priced deliveries that might be arriving even though spot has declined sharply? Can you explain what would drive that given the weaker scrap and pig iron prices that were seeing in the spot market Q-over-Q? Over the last 20 years, insiders at Nucor have traded over $66,136,542 worth of Nucor stock and bought 9,050 units worth $401,135 . With the outages, we were a little bit under that at Gallatin, but we augmented that with other sheet mills in our group. Leon J. Topalian: CEO Pay $11,618,019: Median Employee Pay $142,635: CEO Pay Ratio 81:1: Board of Directors in NUCOR CORP. For its 2021 fiscal year, NUCOR CORP, listed the following board members on its annual proxy statement to the SEC. Executive Vice President Engineered Bar Products and Fabricated Construction Products, Chief Financial Officer, Treasurer & Executive Vice President. Nucor's board named Leon Topalian, 51, president and chief operating officer effective Thursday. So thanks for the question. Next, well hear from Carlos De Alba of Morgan Stanley. This segment sells its products to steel service centers, fabricators, and manufacturers in the United States, Canada, and Mexico. What weve seen today would be very little through the cycle of the overall volume, but Ill let Rex touch more on that. This segment also engages in the piling distribution business. We are also thankful for the approximately $125 million investment and the 200 jobs created with a compensation of around $75,000, added Bowling. And heres why. I wanted to follow up on your M&A commentary. Now, Steve Laxton will share additional details on our first half performance and our outlook as we move forward into the second half of the year. Describe your leadership style and how you put it into action within your organization. This investment project is a win for Nucor, Decatur and all of Alabama.. he still owns at least 126,809 units of NUE stock. I want to thank each and every member of the Nucor family for your focus and dedication in ensuring every team member is safe. Marjorie Matthews died aged 90 on February 8 after a battle with cancer. So the pipeline is rich. We really had to struggle with that fear and we finally just had to let it go, she said tearing up. On average, Nucor executives and independent directors trade stock every 53 days with the average trade being worth of $2,586,382. Mr. Topalian has been President and Chief Executive Officer of Nucor and a member of its Board of Directors since 2020. Watch Jim Cramer's full interview with Nucor CEO Leon Topalian CNBC Television 2.31M subscribers Subscribe 4.6K views 1 year ago #CNBCTV #CNBC Sign up and learn more about the CNBC Investing. The largest of these is our West Virginia sheet mill. Learn More on Leon J. Topalian's trading history. Under no circumstances does any information posted on GuruFocus.com represent a recommendation to buy or sell a security. stock. So, that group continues to perform well. the Chair, President and CEO of Nucor Corp and owns about 128,107 shares of Nucor Corp (NUE) stock worth over $22 Million. Ive got two points on raw material strategy, please. Thank you for delivering on our mission and making 2022 the safest, cleanest and most profitable year in our history. a net Your dedication and efforts are what drive the efficiency of our manufacturing businesses, which enable us to reliably meet the strong demand were seeing across our broad array of products. Leon J Topalian is the Executive Vice President of Nucor Corp. Now, there may be some things that were looking at that I cant get into that would be very, very small that might be complementary, but we -- our eggs are in the C.H.I. Chad, why dont you just kind of break through a little bit of that split and how thats looking, whats our forecasting into Q3 and Q4? John J. Ferriola retired at the end of 2019, and was succeeded by longtime Nucor executive Topalian as CEO and president from January 2020.[1]. As of 20 Dec 2022 And for every downturn, Nucor has gotten stronger and continue to invest that our cash flow position, the profits were generating today put Nucor in an ideal position to continue to be very deliberate and very strategic with long-term goals to enhance our shareholder value. I would just say we would expect continued robust markets. 3,000 shares on December 20, 2022, which I was so excited that we had made it. The information on this site, and in its related newsletters, is not intended to be, nor does it constitute investment advice or recommendations. Leon Topalian is an American businessman and the president and CEO of Nucor since January 2020. Nucor has grown revenues by more than 13% per year from $83 million when we were first listed on the exchange in 1972 to last years record of $36.5 billion, even as the total size of the domestic industry has shrunk. It has an affiliated registered investment adviser, which serves as the subadviser to an exchange traded fund. Nonresidential construction has been one of our most resilient markets across the enterprise, and we would expect that continues in 2023. Thank you. With MaryEmilys retirement, Dan Needham has assumed the role of EVP of Commercial. We absolutely expect in the fourth quarter to run at really nameplate capacity. Energy, including renewables, has been a strong market. As insider, Mr. Leon J. Topalian owns shares in one company: Nucor Corporation manufactures and sells steel and steel products. Joseph Company, also brokers ferrous and nonferrous metals, pig iron and hot, ; and processes ferrous and nonferrous scrap. Alabama offers world-class companies like Nucor all the advantages they need to find success, including a skilled workforce, a pro-business environment and a solid support system, said Governor Ivey. Other key executives at Nucor Corp include So, a big shout-out to the team and a thank you. of 57,932 shares. And Steve, do you want to touch on sort of our CapEx for the balance of the year and how were looking? What I would say is you should expect higher highs and higher lows. sale But yes, we are seeing, again, stable demand and growing in some cases. DRI benefited from elevated metallics pricing that we use to determine transaction values between segments. And as a result, you are seeing higher highs and higher lows. We achieved record second quarter earnings per share of $9.67 and record first half earnings of $17.30. The estimated net worth of Leon J. Topalian is at least $21.65 million as of December 20th, 2022. And its held quite strong. With respect to Gallatin, can you just give us an update on progress there and what your commercial expectations are for volumes in the fourth quarter? Strike.Market does not provide financial advice or recommendations. Yes. In his past career he held the position of General Manager at Nucor-Yamato Steel Co., General Manager for Nucor Steel Kankakee, Inc., Manager-Melting & Casting at Nucor Steel-South Carolina and Project Engineer at Nucor Steel Berkeley. The result is that today, we are the leading North American manufacturer of a diverse array of steels and steel products providing essential solutions for construction, infrastructure, energy, transportation, automotive, capital goods and consumer-durable market applications. Timna, where we see, maybe a little more color. "These changes reflect the thoughtful, planned transition of leadership at Nucor.". So, at $1.1 billion of net earnings for our products group, they are setting an incredibly high bar and really operating on all cylinders. We expect these businesses, along with other new capabilities weve acquired, such as insulated metal panels and warehouse solutions, contribute as much as $600 million of incremental EBITDA annually in future years. Our people are our strength in Morgan County, said state Sen. Arthur Orr, who serves as chairman of the Morgan County Economic Development Association. Has Leon J. Topalian been buying or selling shares of Nucor?