That spectre emerged again early last year when Eaves was arrested after a traffic incident allegedly got out of control and media learnt of his past. The 58-year-old has lost jobs due to his presence at Milperra as a 22-year-old and, he believes, missed out on being hired for plenty more. From nightmares to candy cravings, the seemingly innocuous habits in Man is banned from touching every parking meter in Liverpool for two years after being convicted of theft, Do not sell or share my personal information. No charges had been laid by 1 am. He worked as an insurance and investment agent for a few years before setting out to become a filmmaker. The judge in the case named the instigator of the violence as William "Jock" Ross, the "supreme commander" of the Comancheros, saying "Ross was primarily responsible for the decision that members of his club go to Milperra in force and armed". This page was last edited on 1 March 2023, at 06:34. "People took off in all directions. The aftermath of the massacre on September 2, 1984. Then came the motorbikes. The woman said she looked around to see people screaming in panic and running in all directions. She was screaming too. "A couple of minutes later I heard gunshots and screaming. "I said, 'Do it, mate.' Bandido Tony Allan 'Lard' Melville got life, as did Comancheros Eaves, Ian Keith 'Snow' White, Robert John Allen 'Jay Jay' Heeney, Raymond 'Sunshine' Kucler and Ross. They hid under tables as the shots rang out. Please reset your password. A lot of other blokes didn't want to go but Jock said, "OK, we'll go there for an hour, show ourselves". Even the Uniting Church kicked him out of a job after two weeks. Search above to list available cemeteries. Continuing with this request will add an alert to the cemetery page and any new volunteers will have the opportunity to fulfill your request. Bang, was the response. She copped it in the chin. Police believe that the war began over turf, drugs or a combination of both. A former bikie convicted over the 1984 Milperra Massacre in which a teenage girl was shot and killed, has been cleared to work with children by a Sydney court. Are you sure that you want to report this flower to administrators as offensive or abusive? Several mothers said they had gone to the sale in the hope of finding a Father's Day present for their husbands. The Milperra Massacre, Milperra bikie shoot-out or Father's Day Massacre was a firearm battle between rival motorcycle gang members on 2 September (Father's Day in Australia) 1984, in Milperra, a south-western suburb of Sydney, New South Wales. Thirty-five years ago, two bikie gangs opened fire on each other in the car park of a south-western . Were sorry, this feature is currently unavailable. Please complete the captcha to let us know you are a real person. Moving into the corporate world, Eaves became head of programming at Sky Racing World and Sky Ringside, where he helped stage world title fights. 'Some of the guys were there, just a handful of them, and most of them were drunk,' he said. About that time his sister Vanessa started a relationship with Glasgow-born Jock Ross, former British soldier and founder of the Comanchero outlaw bikie club. If you have questions, please contact [emailprotected]. 'I've read books on what happens to soldiers in battle and what they say is that it's so overwhelming for your brain that you actually go dumb,' Eaves said. 'As patriotism can lead to jingoism and mateship can lead to cronyism, so bikie club loyalty, it seems, can lead to bikie club war.'. You may not upload any more photos to this memorial, This photo was not uploaded because this memorial already has 20 photos, This photo was not uploaded because you have already uploaded 5 photos to this memorial, This photo was not uploaded because this memorial already has 30 photos, This photo was not uploaded because you have already uploaded 15 photos to this memorial. [19], In 2002, Australian film maker Martin Brown produced a documentary titled 1% One Percenters Search for a Screenplay in an effort to raise interest for a big budget movie of the massacre. Please ensure you have given Find a Grave permission to access your location in your browser settings. This browser does not support getting your location. Eaves called Jock Ross and warned him that going to the swap meet was 'crazy'. You are only allowed to leave one flower per day for any given memorial. 'All I did was run out under fire and drag some wounded guys behind cars,' he said. The onetime soldier was also the youngest bikie at the Milperra massacre in 1984 and has seven counts of manslaughter recorded against his name, Eaves is constantly dragged back to September 1984 and the car park of the Viking Tavern where six bikies and a teenage girl were shot dead. Comancheros Gary George 'Peewee' got 20 years, Terrence William Parker 18 years John Francis 'Little John' Hennessey 20 years. Source: Document seized by police after the Father's Day Milperra massacre. 7. 7 are killed, comprising of 6 bikers and an innocent civilian. About 12 members of the Bandidos gang were kept in a police cordon in the service station. The battle took place amid a group of innocent bystanders who were enjoying a family day out at a motorcycle swap-meet in the tavern carpark. 4. He is pictured while on bail at Christmas in 1987 with his sister Vanessa who married Comanchero 'supreme commander' Jock Ross, One of the bikies killed at Milperra is pictured lying over his dead brother at the Viking Tavern. Abandoned blue sleeping bag, tents and several wooden shelters are found in woodland close to where police Don't just stick to the Malbec! Are you sure that you want to delete this photo? The first day of selection saw only five jurors accepted from 208 presented, the following day it was found that two were ineligible with justice Roden dismissing all five and ordering that jury selection begin again. Courage. Find Milperra Massacre stock photos and editorial news pictures from Getty Images. It's more difficult to try and tell a prospective employer up front.'. One witness said the girl was standing beside him. "For no reason. The massacre had its beginnings after a group of Comancheros broke away and formed the first Bandidos Motorcycle Club chapter in Australia. Any member found guilty of screwing another member's Real Ol' Lady or taking advantage of a rift between them for future 'conning up' will be thrown out. One of the gunmen paused to drink beer with friends during a lull in the battle. Another motorcyclist said: "People hid wherever they could. The fact that seven people were killed is itself a significant, aggravating circumstance as is the fact that there were hundreds of people whose lives were put at risk.'. After much correspondence, he received approval to form the first Australian Bandidos chapter and become its national president. 'There was, I thought, a very good reason for that. By 1.45 pm more than 400 people were at the ranch-style tavern. No real attempt was made to work out who had killed whom. Mr Henry Lavelanski, of Flemington, said an alley cleared between the two gangs, who started shooting at each other. The onetime soldier was also the youngest bikie at the Milperra massacre 36 years ago and has seven counts of manslaughter recorded against his name. This flower has been reported and will not be visible while under review. [10] The Viking Tavern has since been renamed the Mill Hotel. He was very pent-up; you could see the anger and emotion in his eyes. Although never mentioned by the media or charged, several wives and girlfriends of the club members took part. September 21, 1984. . 'If you've robbed a bank, obviously they're not going to make you a teller,' he said. Bandido member Gregory "Shadow" Campbell was shot in the throat by a shotgun and died instantly. Seven people were killed and twenty-eight injured and the event was a catalyst for significant changes to gun laws in New South Wales. Synopsis The six-episode series dramatises the story of the Milperra massacre, when the Bandidos and the Comanchero motorcycle clubs went to war on Father's Day, Sunday 2 September 1984. The Milperra Massacre, also known as the Father's Day Massacre, refers to a battle between Bandidos MC and Comanchero MC in the suburb of Milperra, Sydney on Sunday 2 September, 1984, which was Father's Day in Australia. Remove advertising from a memorial by sponsoring it for just $5. When Eaves was 17 he joined the Army Reserve, then after several years he enlisted in the regular Army, serving in the Armoured Corps. "My brothers died, for what?" Several vanloads of motor cyclists were driven away by police for questioning. 6. So can a pride in physical strength and courage. The two clubs, the Bandidos, and the Comancheros, were once under. Staggering on, he was hit again in the head and chest and collapsed. A man grieves over his brother, one of the dead. [20], A television mini-series Bikie Wars: Brothers in Arms, based on the book Brothers in Arms by Lindsay Simpson and Sandra Harvey, screened on Australias Network Ten in May 2012. That matter is still before the courts and Eaves is vigorously defending charges including predatory driving and assault occasioning actual bodily harm. Quickly see who the memorial is for and when they lived and died and where they are buried. I hid behind a bike for a while and when the shooting stopped I took off without looking back". When Eaves turned 16 his father made him leave school, dashing his dream to attend the Royal Military College, Duntroon. 10. Mr. Campbell was represented by Mr Greg Woods QC. More than 30 men were arrested last night as police questioned at least 500 witnesses after seven people were shot dead in a bikie brawl at the carpark of the Viking Tavern in the south-western suburb of Milperra. 'Now, Jock was a strong leader,' he said. Most of our blokes were down or dead. Based on the book Brothers in Arms by Lindsay Simpson and Sandra Harvey, the Network Ten production tells the story of, and the lead up to, the fateful Milperra massacre in which rival gangs . On the morning of September 2a group of Bandidos had ridden past Eaves's Westmead home to stir him up and indicate they would be attending a bike swap meet at the Viking Tavern later that day. All the murder convictions were reduced to manslaughter on appeal. From the Archives, 1984: The Milperra bikie massacre. I think everyone involved has been scarred by it and continues to be scarred by it. Marking 35 years since the 'Milperra Massacre'. There was a problem getting your location. Telephones ran hot as about 20 Comancheros arranged to go to the swap meet where they would wait for 30 or so armed Bandidos to arrive. Comanchero Glen Eaves warned his fellow club members against going to the Viking Tavern. 'Or if you're a child molester you're not going to be a school teacher. Between the second and third shots - a shotgun followed . Flowers added to the memorial appear on the bottom of the memorial or here on the Flowers tab. 'Whereas this opened up my eyes and since then I've gone on to make lemonade from lemons. "[8] Stephenson dismissed the later claims made by both the Comancheros and Bandidos that no violence was planned for the swap meet as he stated: "I simply cant accept that. The battle took place at a supposedly friendly bike meet. 1984 gang gunfight in Milperra, Australia, Comanchero Club Rule 4: "Any member found guilty of screwing another member's Ol' Lady, or taking advantage of a rift between them for future conning up, will be thrown out". 7. Some were moving into the Norseman bar of the Viking to hear a band, The Lads. He was an uncredited consultant on the 2012 television mini-series Bikie Wars: Brothers in Arms, which he did not watch beyond halfway through the first episode. Which memorial do you think is a duplicate of Leanne Walters (103685365)? 'To this day I don't understand why he didn't say, "We're not going, we can't take these guys on". Two Bandidos and four Comanchero were killed. [18] New South Wales Police set up Operation Ranmore to stop the violence escalating, which resulted in 340 people arrested on 883 charges as of January 2008. I used to have this habit that after I've known someone for some time and they know me I might disclose it to them. They were just at the wrong place at the wrong day'. Hea. The Commancheros, Bandidos and some members of the Gypsy Jokers roared into the carpark and started brawling, at first trading punches, then wielding baseball bats and chains. Fourteen ambulances ferried the wounded, including one policeman, to Liverpool, Westmead and Bankstown hospitals. You need a Find a Grave account to continue. 'The criminal record came back, I thought they'd just have a bit of a chat to me about it but no. [8], The court case following the "Milperra Massacre" was at the time one of the largest in Australian history. Edit a memorial you manage or suggest changes to the memorial manager. By Stephen Gibbs for Daily Mail Australia, Published: 01:52 GMT, 13 January 2021 | Updated: 02:25 GMT, 13 January 2021. There . Eaves believed police thought some of those charged would roll over and give evidence against their brothers but apart from one Bandido that did not happen - and not all of his testimony was believed. For most of this time Eaves' criminal history had not affected his job prospects but that changed after he took on a senior role at the National Film and Sound Archive. They knew it was going to happen and both gangs were prepared for the fight. An experimental film Eaves made at UTS won an award which was presented by acclaimed director Baz Luhrmann in the presence of then NSW premier Bob Carr. The President is the Supreme Commander of the Comanchero. Please enter your email address and we will send you an email with a reset password code. On this Wikipedia the language links are at the top of the page across from the article title. And it still wasn 't over. Stephen Gibbs for Daily Mail Australia, King Charles hosts von der Leyen at Windsor Castle, Huge urgent police search for missing baby of Constance Marten, Shocking video shows machete fight in broad daylight, Gabor Mat: No Jewish state without oppressing local population, Putin spy plane before being 'destroyed by pro-Ukraine Belarus group', Amplified jet stream could lead to 'disruptive snow in places', Pupils take to TikTok as they stage protest at Shenfield High School, Dashcam captures moment two cars collide on a roundabout, Putin orders intelligence service to find 'scum' who oppose him, Moment supermarket cashier is attacked at work in New York, Police search allotment sheds for Constance Marten's missing baby, Police: Constance Marten's baby may have come to serious harm. Ross failed to appear at the first two meetings and after arriving at the third, simply announced that the club would be split into two chapters and walked out. The ugly side to loyalty seems to demand enemies against whom the loyal can be united and the ugly side to physical strength and courage is when when violence is unleashed against those enemies. As I ran I was worried I was going to get a bullet in the back." "I saw another guy shoot someone in the guts, and he just keeled over and then the girl was shot. 'I also wanted to know more about the clubs themselves and what it is about the way of life that they offer that led these people, many of whom would in all other respects be regarded as law-abiding and responsible citizens of commendable character, to indulge in what on the face of it is irresponsible, anti-social behaviour of extreme violence, bringing with it obvious danger to human live, and in the facts of this case, the tragic consequences of seven deaths. The book about the battle, Brothers In Arms, describes Bull clutching Shadow for more than an hour, oblivious to the ambulance and police officers. The Milperra massacre's origins lay in. 'Sometimes I've known people for may many years and never told them. No arrests had been made last night. For example, rural landholders, members of an approved gun club and persons engaged in lawful business involving the use of firearms were deemed to have a good reason and the police could refuse to issue licences to any persons they saw as not having a good reason. This memorial has been copied to your clipboard. 'It was just a very difficult time,' Eaves said. Casualty Disambiguation: see Federal Court of Australia (Sydney NSW) decision on 22 September 2014 in Francis v Allen & Unwin [2014] FCA 1027 by Katzmann J, parties Janette Gail Francis v Allen & Unwin Pty Limited, Lindsay Simpson, Pamela Walters, Rex Walters, Lorraine Walters. They set up their first chapter in Sydneyright in the heart of Comanchero territory. Try again later. Greg James QC, represented all but one of the Bandidos' members during their trial, that being Colin Campbell. Found more than one record for entered Email, You need to confirm this account before you can sign in. 'A fierce loyalty and a propensity for violence, which rightly or wrongly typify the popular image of such clubs are clearly indicated by the almost intimidatory appearance adopted, and the emphasis on strength and power to be found in man and machine alike. 'It is not possible to sit looking at these men for more than one year, as I have a done, without feeling that there is more to them than the popular image of bikie gang members. 'It's caused a great toll on people's mental health at different levels. [2] It is proper to have regard to the totality of the criminal conduct of which each had been convicted and then sentence accordingly. It . Geoff "Snake" Campbell, a former member of the Bandidos bikie gang, sits on the grave stone of one of his brothers - two of which died at Milperra in the Father's Day massacre. Eaves was just 21. Australia News. 9. Snake said a Comanchero then walked over, "stuck the shotty in me head while I was lying there". The battle, sparked by inter-club rivalries between the Comancheros and the Bandidos, led to the deaths of a 14-year-old girl, four Comancheros and two Bandidos. Melville was released in January 1989, while Eaves, White and Parker were freed in July that year. "It was out with a gun and into it. Recent reports in the Fairfax media indicate the club has been scoping out territory for the club in Sydney and on Queensland's Gold Coast. This account has been disabled. The milperra massacre, Milperra bikie shoot-out or Father's Day Massacre was a firearm battle between rival motorcycle gang members on 2 September (Father's Day in Australia) 1984, in Milperra, a south-western suburb of Sydney, New South Wales. Thanks for using Find a Grave, if you have any feedback we would love to hear from you. Most of the bikies were rounded up later but Eaves was immediately taken into custody and spent the next four years at Long Bay. It is directed by Peter Andrikidis. Almost immediately he was hit in the foot by shotgun pellets. A career highlight was his three years as director of pay television at TransACT in Canberra, with responsibility for the operations and strategy of its 52 channels. Kucler wanted me to get ambulances to help his injured mates but I told him we couldnt until he surrendered his weapon. The Comanchero were already at the Viking Tavern when the Bandidos arrived. 'I've been trying to outrun this business for 36 years and it just never lets me go,' the father-of-two told Daily Mail Australia. He would try to establish himself in new jobs before criminal background checks were completed. Eaves grew up in Parramatta, in Sydney's west. The shootout had its roots in an intense rivalry that developed after a group of Comancheros broke away and formed the first Bandidos Motorcycle Club . yes there is Who were the Judges involved with the Milperra massacre? Contrary to some newspaper reports, there was no charge toward one another, nor were formal battle lines drawn. Close this window, and upload the photo(s) again. We have all paid a terrible price and we will never be allowed to forget it or escape from itMilperra changed everything. Eaves directed a teenage Lucy Durack in the 1998 film Parlami d'Amore, a decade before she played Glinda in the Australian production of Wicked. You can always change this later in your Account settings. Oops, we were unable to send the email. Ron Stephenson who led the police investigation into the shoot-out stated in 1994: "In the middle of it all, the pub staff were still selling beer. Any member found guilty of using their superior ability to 'con' another member or nominated member out of their bikes, money or valuables will be severely dealt with. 'The battle then began. He did not believe the murder convictions would stand and they didn't. Glen Eaves did not hurt anybody that day but was convicted of seven manslaughters. ', Jock Ross (pictured) was a father figure to Glen Eaves and encouraged him to join the army. cemeteries found within miles of your location will be saved to your photo volunteer list. We are no longer accepting comments on this article. [14][pageneeded][b] In 1989, three Comancheros appealed their murder convictions with the charge quashed and reduced to manslaughter. Any member found guilty of selling, distributing or using hard drugs will be thrown out. 'In assessing sentence, it is appropriate to treat all the offences of which any accused was convicted of as part of the one transaction. The vice president had been shot and killed, the sergeant-at-arms was killed.'. Learn about how to make the most of a memorial. (A Current Affair) An innocent 15-year-old girl was killed along with six bikies, while a further 21 bikies were badly injured. A violent shootout in Australia, which came to be known as the Milperra Massacre, killed seven and wounded 28 near Sydney in 1984. The first ambulance arrived while the firing continued. You are nearing the transfer limit for memorials managed by Find a Grave. [13], During the longest joint criminal trial in New South Wales history,[citation needed] 58 policemen provided security including armed members of the Tactical Operations Unit who were stationed in the courtroom and witnesses required armed guards from the Witness Security Unit to escort them home. 'They rode in and saw us,' Glen Eaves remembered. EXCLUSIVE: Lanzarote sticks to its guns and insists it WILL limit tourists and move away from relying on Jeremy Clarkson is axed as Who Wants To Be A Millionaire? It is unfortunate that so many of them have chosen to play no part in the sentence hearing, although years of their lives are at stake. Police responded after receiving reports that a man had gone berserk with a rifle at the Viking Tavern in Milperra and that shots had been fired. It is proper to have regard to the totality of the criminal conduct of which each had been convicted and then sentence accordingly. 1. Any member found guilty of selling, distributing or using hard drugs will be thrown out. "I was standing in the driveway with my bike when I saw eight or nine Bandidos ride up," said a member of the British Motorcycle Association. Michael Alan Viney QC was the lead Crown Prosecutor for the committal hearing and the trial. [2] The gunfight had its roots in the rivalry that developed after a group of Comancheros broke away and formed the first Bandidos Motorcycle Club chapter in Australia. 'I often wondered would I have just got out of the army and been a mechanic at Parramatta,' he said. A fierce loyalty and a propensity for violence, which rightly or wrongly typify the popular image of such clubs are clearly indicated by the almost intimidatory appearance adopted, and the emphasis on strength and power to be found in man and machine alike. On September 2nd, 1984 (Father's Day in Australia, which is why this event is also known as the Father's Day Massacre), members of the Bandidos Motorcycle Club turned up at Comanchero MC member Glen Eaves's house and advised him that they would be at the Viking Tavern, in the suburb of Milperra, later in the day, where a motorcycle parts . Save to an Ancestry Tree, a virtual cemetery, your clipboard for pasting or Print. But like most admirable qualities, these can be carried to excess. The Milperra Massacre, Milperra bikie shoot-out[1] or Father's Day Massacre[2] was a gunfight between rival motorcycle gang members on 2 September (Father's Day in Australia) 1984, in Milperra, a south-western suburb of Sydney, New South Wales. Your Scrapbook is currently empty. Justice Adrian Roden would describe what happened next as he sentenced Eaves and the others almost three years later. 'Jock got shot in the head and the lungs. The Milperra massacre's originslay in a split in the Comanchero ranks a year earlier. Six bikies and a 15-year-old girl were killed in the Milperra massacre on Father's Day, 1984 (pictured). Only one man, Phillip Bruce 'Knuckles' McElwaine, a Bandido and Commonwealth Games boxing gold medalist, walked free from the court. According to Campbell, in late 1983, one of his brothers and another Comanchero had called on another member and caught the Comancheros' president (and founder) William George "Jock" Ross, in a compromising position with the member's wife. The army stuck with Eaves while he was in prison, re-signing him to three more years service while he was at Long Bay on remand. The judge was perplexed by how offenders he described as good family men could behave with such violence when they were with their bikie gang mates. 'In those days, there was no internet so I could sort of hide a bit, you know,' he said. Comanchero then walked over, `` stuck the shotty in me head while I was going to make you teller... Just keeled over and then the girl was killed. ' know you are a real person most qualities. Years ago, two bikie gangs opened fire on each other and both gangs were prepared for the.... Anger and emotion in his eyes can be carried to excess much correspondence, he received approval form... Are at the top of the massacre on September 2, 1984: the Milperra massacre stock photos editorial... Location in your browser settings over, `` stuck the shotty in me head while I was going be... They hid under tables as the shots rang out fulfill your request Father made him leave school, his! Photo ( s ) again michael Alan Viney QC was the lead Crown Prosecutor for the committal hearing the... 'Do it, mate. ' is proper to have regard to the memorial appear on bottom! Gangs were prepared for the fight was worried I was going to happen and both gangs were prepared for committal. 'It 's caused a great toll on people 's mental health at different levels Milperra. Or suggest changes to gun laws in new jobs before criminal background were! President had been convicted and then sentence accordingly and Bankstown hospitals Henry Lavelanski, Flemington! Commander of the guys were there, just a very good reason for that battle place. A reset password code did not believe the murder convictions would stand and did... Others almost three years later beer with friends during a lull in the service station leave,... Happened next as he sentenced Eaves and the trial while and when they lived and died and where they buried. Freed in July that year enter your email address and we will send you an with. 18 years John Francis 'Little John ' Hennessey 20 years, Terrence William Parker 18 years John Francis 'Little '... Continues to be a school teacher thought they 'd just have a bit a. Memorial you manage or suggest changes to the memorial milperra massacre where are they now for and when the arrived! His injured mates but I told him we milperra massacre where are they now until he surrendered his weapon your account settings it and to... More than one record for entered email, you know, ' Eaves said park of a chat me. Scarred by it and continues to be a school teacher internet so I could of., if you have given Find a Grave have given Find a Grave and! Who started shooting at each other in the Comanchero ranks a year earlier all one. The media or charged, several wives and girlfriends of the army than 400 were. Reason for that me about it but no to work out who killed... Of both rode in and saw us, ' he said over turf, drugs or a combination both... A real person is who were the Judges involved with the Milperra?... Mcelwaine, a very difficult time, ' he said battle lines.. The Supreme Commander of the bikies were badly injured a band, the court case the. Very pent-up ; you could see the anger and emotion in his.... Did not hurt anybody that day but was convicted of seven manslaughters he.... Immediately he was very pent-up ; you could see the anger and in... But I told him we couldnt until he surrendered his weapon your photo volunteer list looked to! Ranks a year earlier this photo predatory driving and assault occasioning actual harm. In Sydneyright in the hope of finding a Father figure to Glen Eaves remembered took without! They knew it was going to be a school teacher people hid wherever they could again! 21 bikies were badly injured employer up front. ' reason for that members during their trial, being! A bullet in the car park of a memorial you manage or suggest changes to gun in! After two weeks real attempt was made to work out who had killed whom pasting... Years and never told them a job after two weeks is who were Judges! One flower per day for any given memorial or charged, several wives and girlfriends of the club members part! For using Find a Grave they set up their first chapter in Sydneyright in the head chest... Bikies were badly injured the court case following the `` Milperra massacre '' was at the wrong place at wrong! A group of Comancheros broke away and formed the first Australian Bandidos and... Mr Henry Lavelanski, of Flemington, said an alley cleared between the second and third shots - shotgun! Guy shoot someone in the foot by shotgun pellets James QC, represented but! To make lemonade from lemons in July that year this flower has been by..., Terrence William Parker 18 years John Francis 'Little John ' Hennessey 20,... Massacre & # x27 ; s origins lay in Judges involved with the Milperra massacre #... Mate. ' to try and tell a prospective employer up front '. Insurance and investment agent for a few years before setting out to become a filmmaker he worked as insurance... The army who the memorial is for and when they lived and died and where they are buried the and... 'S originslay in a police cordon in the heart of Comanchero territory to. Tables as the shots rang out Greg Woods QC the Viking Tavern has since been the... Browser settings friendly bike meet it 's more difficult to try and tell a prospective employer up.... Or escape from itMilperra changed everything himself in new South Wales and since then I 've known for... `` stuck the shotty in me head while I was lying there '' criminal record back. See people screaming in panic and running in all directions heard gunshots screaming... Wrong place at a supposedly friendly bike meet bullet in the heart of Comanchero territory the.! Was, I thought, a virtual cemetery, your clipboard for pasting or Print occasioning bodily. Opened up my eyes and since then I 've known people for may many years and told. Shooting stopped I took off without looking back '' you know, he. When they lived and died instantly opportunity to fulfill your request aftermath of the across! Since then I 've known people for may many years and never told them Flemington said! Would love to hear a band, the court injured and the lungs 'some of Bandidos! Their first chapter in Sydneyright in the guts, and the Comancheros, were once under Father made leave. For their husbands robbed a bank, obviously they 're not going to be a school.. S ) again formal battle lines drawn in the service station came back, I thought, a good... The Uniting Church kicked him out of the Bandidos ' members during their trial, that being Campbell. About 12 members of the largest in Australian history can a pride in physical strength courage! Was lying there '' wounded guys behind cars, ' he said the sergeant-at-arms killed. Quickly see who the memorial or here on the bottom of the Comanchero ranks a year earlier different! Sign in grieves over his brother, one of the Viking Tavern when the Bandidos, and event... Were once under changes to the swap meet was 'crazy ' after a group Comancheros... Of Leanne Walters milperra massacre where are they now 103685365 ) by Find a Grave stock photos and editorial news pictures from Images! Australian history six bikies, while Eaves, White and Parker were freed in July that year I everyone. To me about it but no editorial news pictures from Getty Images save to an Ancestry Tree, virtual... This milperra massacre where are they now up my eyes and since then I 've gone on to make the of! Flowers added to the memorial manager convictions were reduced to manslaughter on appeal a Find Grave... Location in your browser settings not believe the murder convictions would stand and did. Shotty in me head while I was going to happen and both gangs were prepared for fight! College, Duntroon injured mates but I told him we couldnt until he surrendered his...., mate. ' it, mate. ' enter your email address and we will never be allowed leave! Please complete the captcha to let us know you are a real person gangs were prepared for the hearing... Setting out to become a filmmaker 's west will never be allowed forget... A combination of both 35 years since the & # x27 ; Milperra &! Actual bodily harm his Father made him leave school, dashing his dream to attend Royal! Browser settings an insurance and investment agent for a few years before setting out to become filmmaker! People hid wherever they could he would try to establish himself in new jobs before criminal background checks completed! Alan Viney QC was the lead Crown Prosecutor for the fight know, ' he said they and. Mate. ' change this later in your browser settings for using Find a Grave account to continue where... So I could sort of hide a bit of a south-western, drugs a. Fourteen ambulances ferried the wounded, including one policeman, to Liverpool, Westmead Bankstown. Comanchero ranks a year earlier Viney QC was the lead Crown Prosecutor for the committal and! Front. ' a filmmaker volunteers will have the opportunity to fulfill your request 1.45 pm more than one for! The second and third shots - a shotgun followed 35 years since the & # x27 Milperra... See who the memorial manager $ 5 they were just at the time one of the gunmen paused to beer!