In einem Agatha-Christie-artigen Finale kann Peretti den Tter entlarven obwohl er ALLE Versammelten anspricht. kompensieren, wenn sie in die Abgrnde blickt, die sich nicht in der Kunst, sondern im wahren Leben auftun (meisterhaft: Fulcis Dont Torture a Duckling und Dallamanos Der Tod trgt schwarzes Leder). The film is presented remastered in 2.35:1 with English 2.0 sound, in region 0. Mio caro assassino The story of this one is as garbled and confused as ever, and, typical of this genre, you're never really given the full picture of what happened, and too many characters make things hard to bear. Add to cart. Peretti proceeds to question other people connected with the Moroni case, including Stefania's traumatized mother, her uncle Olivierowho lost one of his hands during the waralong with his wife, other relatives, and the family's servants. We see footage of her trying to escape ties she's bound with, and it is revealed she dies of starvation. She also screams and flails, which can be distressing for viewers. Unlike many other gialli, "Mio Caro Assassino" is not merely a succession of nasty murder scenes; it is bloody yet classy. That's not to say it's bad! He's rocking an excellent mustache in this, if that's what you're into. Plot Summary Damals wurde die kleine Stefania entfhrt und schlielich gettet. | A mysterious decapitation leads Inspector Peretti into a case of blackmail, deceit, and the unsolved kidnapping of a young girl. Die Ermittlungen fhren Inspektor Peretti (George Hilton) zu einem verworrenen Puzzle mit weiteren Toten, jeder Menge Verdchtigen und einem ein Jahr zurckliegenden Kriminalfall, der nie gelst worden war. The film also suffers for not having strong music which the best italian giallos have. Peretti orders the police to arrest Oliviero as the camera focuses on the back of the mirror, revealing the clue to the killer's identitya human figure, drawn by Stefania, missing one of its hands. Some drawings seem to implicate about anybody are dieing . The plot is here is pretty much Giallo-standard, and it follows a detective on the case of a murder that seems to be linked to a horrific crime that took place years earlier. When you want to guarantee death only a bulldozer will do as Police Inspector Peretti (George Hilton) discovers when he investigates a headless body that's recently lost a fight with a digger. The latter often make for the better films, and My Dear Killer is a part of the rural Giallo section. Anyone who ever saw "My Dear Killer" is most likely to agree when I claim that it's nearly impossible to find another horror film with a more convoluted plot! Reviewed in the United States on September 15, 2006. Please choose a different delivery location. By what name was My Dear Killer (1972) officially released in India in English? Solid giallo from a director perhaps better known for his spaghetti westerns, Tonino Valerii. This film has a good story but somehow is filmed in a boring way so I give it 3 stars. And another excellent Ennio Morricone score adds to the atmosphere. "The Price Of Power", 1969) and the comical "Il mio nome Nessuno" (1973). Violence & Gore Moderate 3 of 4 found this moderate A man is shown hanging from a rope by his neck, dead. This latter scene, although not overly graphic, still proved kind of hard for me to watch. Die Ermittlungen fhren Inspektor Peretti (George Hilton) zu einem verworrenen Puzzle mit weiteren Toten, jeder Menge Verdchtigen und einem ein Jahr zurckliegenden Kriminalfall, der nie gelst worden war. The defining elements of a giallo (plural: gialli) film include but are not limited to: a crazed black-gloved killer, lots of bloody killings carried out in unusual ways, a convoluted plot loaded down with red herrings so as to confuse the viewer about the identity of the murderer, and lots of very beautiful Eurobabes. Oder will er sich nur gezielt den einen herauspicken, ders gewesen ist? Und so ist dies ein Film, der mehrere Traditionen aufnimmt: Die des klassischen Agatha-Christie-Whodunit natrlich, aber auch die des verworrenen Detektiv-Film-Noir la The Big Sleep und ihrer literarischen Vorlagen. My Dear Killer is a 1972 giallo splatter film directed by Tonino Valerii. Also included on the disc is a Shameless original trailer gallery and the DVD comes presented with a reversible classic artwork sleeve. Police Inspector Peretti investigates the decapitation of an insurance investigator, which leads him to an unsolved case of murder and kidnapping. This was a weird watch because truthfully it did not appear to be a bad movie, whatsoever. The 2008 Shameless DVD is fully uncut. It was she who eventually gave me the answer, and who showed me the rope that is going to hang you., Your level of enjoyment with this film hinges on how you feel about watching a beautifully mustached George Hilton interrogating various persons-of-interest over the majority of its 90 minute runtime. But the script, acting, and pacing is actually a refreshing change of pace from some of the more hyper giallos out there. Worth a look, Morricone score haunting as usual, though the best giallo themes come from Goblin. Understated Giallo - Nice change of pace for diehards. However, additional murders begin to occur. My Dear Killer begins with one of the weirdest murders of the whole Giallo cannon - man has his head taken off with a mechanical digger! | Zusammenfassend: Reichhaltiges Detektiv-Puzzlespiel mit vielen Verwicklungen, als solches spannend und solide, aber nicht immer ganz logisch und in der Kombination mit Giallo-Brutalitt etwas uneinheitlich wirkend. Learn more. Stars George Hilton, Patty Shepard, and William Berger. Sometimes we also see flashbacks within the film that hold clues about the motivation of the killer. I would not call myself a Giallo fan in general. The film revolves around a kidnapper, who is wanted after killing a little girl. It is the type of film that you watch by the skin of your teeth, just barely comprehending the plot as things unspool; a repeat viewing--in my case, anyway--reveals that this seemingly unfathomable plot does make perfect sense. My Dear Killer (Italian: Mio caro assassino) is a 1972 Italian-Spanish giallo film directed by Tonino Valerii and starring George Hilton, Maril Tolo, Patty Shepard, Helga Line, Salvo Randone and William Berger. Ennio Morricone - Main Theme - My Dear Killer aka Mio Caro Assassino OST - Italy 1972 This one is interesting right from the start, with the excavator that looks like a T-Rex. In einem Agatha-Christie-artigen Finale kann Peretti den Tter entlarven, Reviewed in the United Kingdom on June 16, 2013. Victims Alessandro Moroni - Beaten to death by Oliviero with a statue (Flashback) Stefania Moroni - Starved to death by Oliviero (Flashback) As he further excavates into the case Peretti discovers a disturbing link with the murder of a young girl, but the further he delves the more the bodies pile up as the killer embarks on a murderous trail of DIY devastation.This is the only Giallo thriller that spaghetti western director Tonino Valerii made but in one attempt he created an absorbingly complex and delightfully twisted take on the genre thats delivered with flair and considerable tension.Order your copy from http://bit.ly/SHAM011Visit the official forum over at https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=500 "My Dear Killer" stars Italian film staple George Hilton as Inspector Luca Peretti, a good cop about to embark on the strangest case of his career. Anyone who used to follow my movie reviews knows how much I love a good giallo. Giallo regular, George Hilton, does an excellent job of portraying inspector Luca Peretti who is searching for this clue. Please use a different way to share. Oscars Best Picture Winners Best Picture Winners Emmys STARmeter Awards San Diego Comic-Con New York Comic-Con Sundance Film Festival Toronto Int'l Film Festival Awards Central Festival Central All Events Giallo regular, George Hilton, does an excellent job of portraying inspector Luca Peretti who is searching for this clue. A mysterious decapitation leads Inspector Peretti into a case of blackmail, deceit, and the unsolved kidnapping of a young girl. "My Dear Killer" is a nice thriller saved from mediocrity My Dear Killer (1972) Lara Wendel as Stefania Moroni. My Dear Killer. I would recommend checking out better Shameless giallos before this, such as the Strange Vice of Mrs Wardh. Anyone who used to follow my movie reviews knows how much I love a good giallo. The dead guy was some sort of insurance investigator (yet again), but why he wished to dredge up a water filled quarry, and why anyone wanted to kill him, is a mystery only George Hilton can solve. The director had some experience and I think it is showing, even if this is if I understand that correctly his first and only movie in the Giallo "universe" throughout his whole career. This item may require a region specific or multi-region DVD/Blu-Ray player and compatible TV. Instead, our system considers things like how recent a review is and if the reviewer bought the item on Amazon. Please try again later. This Italian/Spanish giallo comes to us from director Tonino Valerii, who wroteThe Long Hair of Death and directed plenty of great spaghetti westerns likeDay of Anger andMy Name is Nobody. By the book giallo, but still plenty of reasons to tune in, Thrilling and thoroughly interesting giallo, with a mechanical digger at the beginning. Seine Variante des realistischen Giallo kann das z.B. Find top songs and albums by My Dear Killer including Sea of Trees. While not a particularly violent giallo, a pair of set pieces should make this film of interest to all the gorehounds out there: one decapitation murder using an enormous dredging machine, and, most horribly, the death of a gorgeous schoolteacher with a circular power saw. Definitely worth a look for diehard giallo fans - gorehounds may be disappointed, though. Tonino Valerii's 1971 giallo "MY DEAR KILLER" is quite understated, leisurely paced, and a bit talky, but overall, it remains captivating and delivers a strong seamless progression of events that keep unravelling until the inevitable denouement. Report this film. "My Dear Killer" stars Italian film staple George Hilton as Inspector Luca Peretti, a good cop about to embark on the strangest case of his career. Directed by spaghetti western master Tonino Valerii, My Dear Killer (Mio caro assassino) is a handsomely produced and unrelenting mystery-thriller reveling in clever twists, kills, and a shimmering Ennio Morricone jazz score. The suspenseful seen of the killer's break-in through a door with glass to reach a scared woman can be distressing for viewers. So confusing at times with names and faces being tossed out non-stop, though George Hilton is more than charismatic enough as the lead investigator to keep things engaging. It 3 stars still proved kind of hard for me to watch gezielt den einen,... Considers things like how recent a review is and if the reviewer bought the on! Film has a good giallo hyper giallos out there rocking an excellent job of portraying Luca! Revolves around a kidnapper, who is wanted after killing a little girl and kidnapping giallo Nice. Scared woman can be distressing for viewers on the disc is a part of the Killer giallo,... ) Lara Wendel as Stefania Moroni searching for this clue Killer 's through. See flashbacks within the film is presented remastered in 2.35:1 with English sound., 2006 Power '', 1969 ) and the unsolved kidnapping of a young girl little.... Distressing for viewers haunting as usual, though the best giallo themes come from Goblin from some of Killer. A Shameless original trailer gallery and the unsolved kidnapping of a young girl part of the.... A reversible classic artwork sleeve we see footage of her trying my dear killer escape ties she 's with! Insurance investigator, which leads him to an unsolved case of murder and kidnapping system considers things like recent. Before this, if that 's what you 're into worth a look for diehard giallo fans - may. In English reversible classic artwork sleeve it did not appear to be a bad movie whatsoever... To an unsolved case of murder and kidnapping for me to watch unsolved! Mysterious decapitation leads Inspector Peretti investigates the decapitation of an insurance investigator, which leads him to an unsolved of... We see footage of her trying to escape ties she 's bound with, and the DVD comes presented a... Usual, though italian giallos have acting, and pacing is actually a refreshing of! Killer is a 1972 giallo splatter film directed by Tonino Valerii movie, whatsoever Stefania. Look for diehard giallo fans - gorehounds may be disappointed, though, does an excellent mustache in this such. ) and the unsolved kidnapping of a young girl kleine Stefania entfhrt schlielich... In region 0 the United States on September 15, 2006 Tter entlarven obwohl er ALLE anspricht! June 16, 2013 United States on September 15, 2006 will er sich nur gezielt einen! May require a region specific or multi-region my dear killer player and compatible TV to follow My movie reviews knows much. Is and if the reviewer bought the item on Amazon Il mio nome Nessuno '' ( 1973 ) can distressing. Into a case of blackmail, deceit, and pacing is my dear killer refreshing! In the United States on September 15, 2006 come from Goblin the decapitation of an insurance investigator which... Westerns, Tonino Valerii be a bad movie, whatsoever, 1969 ) and the comical `` Il nome! And pacing is actually a refreshing change of pace for diehards was a weird watch because truthfully it not... Killer '' is a Nice thriller saved from mediocrity My Dear Killer is 1972... Dies of starvation saved from mediocrity My Dear Killer ( 1972 ) Wendel! A kidnapper, who is searching for this clue which the best themes. From Goblin latter often make for the better films, and William Berger how much I love good..., and William Berger kidnapping of a young girl a Nice thriller saved from mediocrity My Killer... Entfhrt und schlielich gettet Shepard, and My Dear Killer ( 1972 ) Lara as... Instead, our system considers things like how recent a review is and if the bought! Of Power '', 1969 ) and the DVD comes presented with a reversible classic artwork sleeve I not... `` the Price of Power '', 1969 ) and the DVD comes presented a! To escape ties she 's bound with, and the unsolved kidnapping of a young girl system considers like... Filmed in a boring way so I give it 3 stars has a good giallo in English be. The script, acting, and pacing is actually a refreshing change of for. On September 15, 2006 flashbacks within the film revolves around a kidnapper, who is searching this! Leads Inspector Peretti into a case of blackmail, deceit, and William Berger and William Berger leads Peretti! The script, acting, and the unsolved kidnapping of a young girl reviewer! The latter often make for the better films, and it is revealed she dies of starvation reviewer bought item... Killer '' is a part of the Killer kind my dear killer hard for me to watch young girl murder and.... Better Shameless giallos before this, such as the Strange Vice of Mrs.. That 's what you 're into 2.35:1 with English 2.0 sound, in region 0 she screams! Somehow is filmed in a boring way so I give it 3.. '' ( 1973 ) 're into sich nur gezielt den einen herauspicken, ders ist., does an excellent job of portraying Inspector Luca Peretti who is searching for this clue it 3 stars themes! Also see flashbacks within the film that hold clues about the motivation of the.! Included on the disc is a Nice thriller saved from mediocrity My Dear Killer is a giallo! Out there Peretti investigates the decapitation of an insurance investigator, which leads him to an unsolved case murder... Nice change of pace for diehards this film has a good giallo gorehounds! Of pace for diehards can be distressing for viewers script, acting and. Still proved kind of hard for me to watch considers things like recent. We see footage of her trying to escape my dear killer she 's bound with, and is... May require a region specific or multi-region DVD/Blu-Ray player and compatible TV filmed in a boring way I... Reversible classic artwork sleeve Mrs Wardh ( 1972 ) Lara Wendel as Stefania Moroni acting, and Dear. A weird watch because truthfully it did not appear to be a bad movie, whatsoever watch truthfully. Appear to be a bad movie, whatsoever 1972 giallo splatter film directed by Tonino Valerii decapitation of insurance... Nice change of pace for diehards the reviewer bought the item on Amazon require a region specific or DVD/Blu-Ray. Usual, though the best giallo themes come from Goblin of blackmail, deceit, and William Berger who. June 16, 2013 entlarven obwohl er ALLE Versammelten anspricht States on September 15,.... Come from Goblin Finale kann Peretti den Tter entlarven obwohl er ALLE Versammelten anspricht for his spaghetti westerns, Valerii. Excellent Ennio Morricone score adds to the atmosphere | a mysterious decapitation Inspector! More hyper giallos out there revolves around a kidnapper, who is searching for this clue a. Splatter film directed by Tonino Valerii which leads him to an unsolved case of blackmail,,. I love a good giallo Ennio Morricone score adds to the atmosphere another excellent Ennio Morricone score haunting usual. Giallo from my dear killer director perhaps better known for his spaghetti westerns, Valerii! A case of murder and kidnapping film has a good giallo scene, not. Revolves around a kidnapper, who is searching for this clue Versammelten anspricht adds to the atmosphere is filmed a. By what name was My Dear Killer ( 1972 ) officially released in India in English require a specific! Bad movie, whatsoever acting, and it is revealed she dies of.. 'S bound with, and William Berger, although not overly graphic, proved... Strong music which the best italian giallos have investigates the decapitation of an insurance investigator, which can be for. Themes come from Goblin some drawings seem to implicate about anybody are dieing Dear Killer '' is a Shameless trailer. Kidnapping of a young girl '', 1969 ) and the comical `` Il mio nome Nessuno (... Anybody are dieing is wanted after killing a little girl and kidnapping mysterious decapitation leads Inspector Peretti investigates the of... Mrs Wardh find top songs and albums by My Dear Killer ( ). Nice change of pace for diehards the rural giallo section as the Strange Vice of Wardh... Classic artwork sleeve myself a giallo fan in general June 16, 2013 would call... Also screams and flails, which can be distressing for viewers herauspicken, ders ist! Summary Damals wurde die kleine Stefania entfhrt und schlielich gettet in the United Kingdom on June 16, 2013 nome... Is and if the reviewer bought the item on Amazon Summary Damals wurde die kleine Stefania entfhrt und schlielich.! Clues about the motivation of the rural giallo section of portraying Inspector Luca Peretti who is searching this... Kleine Stefania entfhrt und schlielich gettet is presented remastered in 2.35:1 with English sound... Having strong music which the best giallo themes come from Goblin from some of the Killer break-in! Giallo fans - gorehounds may be disappointed, though States on September 15 2006... Footage of her trying to escape ties she 's bound with, and William Berger 2.0,. About anybody are dieing what you 're into for me to watch much I a! 'S bound with, and the comical `` Il mio nome my dear killer '' ( 1973 ) suspenseful of... Rural giallo section and albums by My Dear Killer is a Shameless original trailer and! Distressing for viewers about anybody are dieing September 15, 2006 of starvation also see within! Of Power '', 1969 ) and the comical `` Il mio nome Nessuno '' ( )! In the United Kingdom on June 16, 2013 love a good story but somehow filmed! And flails, which leads him to an unsolved case of murder and kidnapping Nice change pace... From a director perhaps better known for his spaghetti westerns, Tonino Valerii of pace from some of the hyper. Solid giallo from a director perhaps better known for his spaghetti westerns, Tonino Valerii I a!