Listed below are a few of the typical problems owners have encountered with the Nissan Maxima: Transmission Problems Engine Problems Electrical Problems Steering problems Airbag problems What Are The Best Alternatives To The Nissan Maxima? This light means you may have an issue with one or more of your tires the air pressure is too low, too high or you have a slow leak or flat. document.getElementById( "ak_js_1" ).setAttribute( "value", ( new Date() ).getTime() ); Necessary cookies are absolutely essential for the website to function properly. When the accelerator was depressed, the RPMs would flutter but the car would not move. Sometimes, the engine would refuse to start after multiple attempts. If you plan to get this sedan, learn more about the potential problems and complaints so that you can budget for repairs. No fees, ever, The Coronavirus pandemic has led to income losses for many, but there are 6 ways that help you cope. If you would like more information, read our Nissan CVT summary or complete the consultation form below to request a free consultation. Interested in getting these stories in an email? This one is more complicated. There were no vehicles nearby and a crash was avoided. problem # 1. This causes the Nissan vehicles to suddenly slow down or come to complete stops in the middle of normal traffic. A list of some of the most common issues Maxima owners have to deal with. My Maxima now has 112,000 miles, but I have been seeing the symptoms since around 70,000-80,000 miles to only be told time and time again its normal, with a possible $3,700 transmission bill awaiting me for a car that has only been driven on the highway less than 3 years. It means that your car has a lane-keeping assist, and the system is working to keep you in your lane and not drifting from side to side. Nov 02 2022. WebWorst 2016 Nissan Maxima Problems by Category Find something helpful? If you've already paid for repairs, Nissan will reimburse you with the proper proof. A safety feature that actually causes crashes? We'd love to help you with your service and repair needs. The sudden stops are creating dangerous situations that often lead to rear-end collisions. Nissan will replace the ESCL with an electronic steering column box. A lawsuit alleges that all of Nissan's factory-installed sunroofs (panoramic or otherwise) can explode without warning. WebWorst Nissan Maxima Problems #1: Jerks When Shifting 2004 Maxima Average Cost to Fix: $2,500 Average Mileage: 107,000 mi #2: Transmission Not Working Correctly 2005 A Nissan exploding sunroof lawsuit alleges 2008-present Nissan and Infiniti models with factory-installed sunroofs made of tempered glass are at risk of the sunroof glass exploding without warning, leaving occupants a bundle of nerves if the glass shatters while driving. In the next 12 mos, assuming typical miles & conditions. Those systems include the primary timing chain tensioners, primary timing chain guides, secondary timing chain tensioners and secondary timing chain tensioner shoes. But new technologies bring with them new and often confusing warning lights. The problem has been confirmed by a Nissan dealership. So the case will attempt to answer are Nissan's timing chains just loud and annoying? Shop Nissan Maxima vehicles in New York, NY for sale at Cars.com. Recalls may not affect every vehicle of the same year, make, and model. Copyright 2022 Knight Law Group, LLP. Conditions apply. The 2017 Maxima needs to be added to the voluntary service bulletins (like the 2016) due to all the complaints it is currently already receiving. WebEngine Control Module. Continue reading article "Nissan Automatic Emergency Braking (AEB) Problems", Continue reading article "Sunroof Rattles and Explodes", Continue reading article "Nissan Vehicles with Recalled Takata Airbags", Continue reading article "Timing Chain Defects", Continue reading article "Steering Wheel Locked", Continue reading article "EVAP Clogs and Gas Spills", Continue reading article "Premature Automatic Transmission Failure", Learn more about the 8th Generation Maxima, Learn more about the 7th Generation Maxima, Learn more about the 6th Generation Maxima, Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, Learn more about the 4th Generation Maxima, Learn more about the 3rd Generation Maxima, article "Nissan Wanted An Automatic Emergency Braking (AEB) Lawsuit Tossed. Common problems of Nissan WebEdmunds has 33 New Nissan Maximas for sale near you, including a 2023 Maxima 3.5 SV Sedan and a 2023 Maxima 3.5 Platinum Sedan ranging in price from $40,100 to $46,540. It is a safety concern because I could easily pull out into traffic and my car will not accelerate. While other Nissan models, such as Altima, Sentra and Rogue, became known for their CVT transmission issues, drivers of Nissan Maxima cars have reported several recurring CVT transmission problems. Spread the word. Nissan Automatic Emergency Braking (AEB) Problems. These cookies do not store any personal information. If driven with the key partially folded, a driver could touch the fob, inadvertently turning off the engine. Find the location of the MAF sensor in your Maxima, unplug the electrical connectors, and remove the sensor from the housing. The pump leaks brake fluid onto internal circuit boards which starts fires. WebCommon 2009-2015 Nissan Maxima Problems Some of the worst issues 7th generation Maxima owners have to deal with. We are a California lemon law firm that helps California residents who bought or leased their vehicles from a licensed dealership in California. If this situation were to occur while I was on the highway, it could have resulted in the injury of others and myself. The Maxima is one of the quicker full-size sedans, and its V-6 engine sounds good when it's pushed hard. Use your VIN or plate to find out if your specific car has open recalls. Leaking power steering pump can cause noise or steering problems for the Nissan Maxima The fourth biggest problem found by Maxima owners is that the power For more information about the Maxima's fuel economy, visit the EPA's website. super app, is here to run through the common issues with the 2017 Nissan Maxima. Nissan timing chain lawsuits have been consolidated and preliminarily settled after vehicle owners accused Nissan of selling six models with defective primary timing chain tensioners, timing chain guides, secondary timing chain tensioners and tensioner shoes. following a U.S. District Court judge tossing out the automaker's motion to dismiss. The infotainment system can be used as a touchscreen, but there also are redundant buttons on the center stack for quick access to common adjustments such as audio volume and climate control. . Web2012 Nissan Maxima. This forward emergency braking lawsuit alleges the system malfunctions,suddenly and unexpectedly braking on railroad tracks, bridges, intersections and other locations. WebProblems & Complaints Worst 2020 Nissan Maxima Problems by Category Find something helpful? "CarComplaints.com" , "Autobeef", "What's Wrong With YOUR Car?" Use this information to learn about troublespots or to run for the hills. Nissans CVT transmissions have garnered several consumer complaints and class action lawsuits for recurring safety issues. Some have reported poor seals that lead to water leaking into the car. Date Reported APRIL 15, 1999. Yet, the Maxima is struggling with this vital component. Nissan technicians determined that the Xtronic CVT had a complete failure and needed to be replaced because they could not be repaired. Research, compare, and save listings, or contact sellers directly from 138 Maxima Copyright 2023 NBCUniversal Media, LLC. Im getting into car repair as a hobby and just bought my first OBD scanner. The majority of recalled vehicles are in the U.S., according to the auto maker. The sudden stops are creating dangerous situations that often lead to rear-end collisions. However, we cannot help those who reside outside of California or purchased their vehicle outside of Californiaunless they are active duty members of the Armed Forces, nor will we be able to refer those to a lemon law firm in their states. There are no warning lights or any dashboard indications that something is faulty. California consumers may exercise their CCPA rights here. Nissan owners are fed up with not being able to start their cars due to a ESCL defect. A Nissan timing chain lawsuit has been preliminarily settled after vehicle owners accused Nissan of selling six models with defective primary timing chain tensioners, timing chain guides, secondary timing chain tensioners and tensioner shoes. Want more? Malfunctions in Nissans AEB are causing That giant piece of glass above your head may soon be on its way down in a thousand little pieces. This light means theres an issue with your anti-lock brakes. Talk about awwwkward.. We've received your submission. The majority of common Nissan problems are transmission-related issues. Web2020 Nissan Maxima. My car is a little bit out of warranty so they still made me pay a portion of the transmission even though they knew it would break. Nissan Automatic Emergency Braking (AEB) Problems Malfunctions in Nissans AEB are causing vehicles to suddenly brake even when theres no obstructions on the road ahead. Theres an issue with the engine on my Toyota 4Runner, but for the life of me I cant find the OBD port to scan for trouble codes! Nissans CVT transmissions have garnered several consumer complaints and class action lawsuits for recurring safety issues. The vehicle would not accelerate when I stepped on the gas and there was a 10-second delay before it began to move, afterwards, it immediately jolted and vibrated rigorously. Well also have some tips on saving on your. If driven with the key partially folded, a driver could touch the fob, inadvertently turning off the engine. After dropping the vehicle off [], Nissans consumers affairs department got back to me within 48 hours and informed me that Nissan had no interest in rectifying the situation because there was no recall and it was outside of the warranty period. the company must be waiting for the first death to occur similar to the Takata incident. Risk of Major Repair. Table 2. The Nissan repair shop said that my transmission is bad and it looks like glitter inside. 2022 Nissan Maxima; Some service centers will give you an online estimate to compare. Top 8 Things To Know About Nissan CVT Transmission Problems. No more vacant rooftops and lifeless lounges not here in Capitol Hill. These cookies will be stored in your browser only with your consent. The Maxima has received the most complaints about structural issues. Continue reading your article witha WSJ subscription, Already a member? A Nissan timing chain lawsuit accuses Nissan of manufacturing some of its most popular models with defective timing chain tensioning systems. Genuine Nissan Part - 23703-3AB0A (237033AB0A, 23710-9KF3A) Then they'll get another letter telling them to take their SUVs in for repairs. Four times while I was driving, the accelerator was unresponsive. David Turner, et al., v. Nissan North America, Inc., etal. al., v. Nissan North America, Inc., and Nissan Motor Company, LTD., the plaintiffs say they were forced to pay for expensive timing chain repairs which happened to fall ever-so-conveniently just outside of Nissan's warranty period. The class-action lawsuit alleges Nissan designed and sold the vehicles with defective timing chain tensioning systems. The second most common problem is related to the vehicle's electrical system (754 problems). https://www.wsj.com/articles/nissan-recalls-more-than-800-000-rogue-suvs-for-key-defect-800ed225. app can even help you find a lower rate for a policy with more coverage! Its scary to think that a safety system might actually create more crash scenarios than it prevents. Instead of protecting drivers, the Nissan lawsuit alleges the systems create perfect conditions for rear-end and side crashes. That giant piece of glass above your head may soon be on its way down in a thousand little pieces. Wheel Alignment. The answer: Yes. Otherwise, wed gravitate to the Arteon or other smaller sports-sedan offerings from Audi or BMW, which have a similar price tag. Documenting the process of troubleshooting commonproblems. We will break down the common transmission problems of the Maxima by first listing which transmissions were available in certain generations and then present the problems of each transmission type. Front vehicle photos 1986-2018 Autodata, Inc. dba Chrome Data. Emerging A.I. It has not been previewed, commissioned or otherwise endorsed by any of our network partners. Unless you are an active member of the Armed Forces, we cannot help you if you do not reside in California or purchased your vehicle outside of California. The recall covers certain Rogues from the 2014 through 2020 model years, as well as Rogue Sports from 2017 through 2022. Our finance experts answer any questions you may have about financing a vehicle. Duncan, et al., v. Nissan North American, Inc., etal. Dow Jones Reprints at 1-800-843-0008 or visit www.djreprints.com. Oil Change. I decided to proceed with caution and pull my vehicle over before it caused me to get into an accident. Nissan says the plaintiffs admit no crashes are attributed to the timing chains, even though the majority of the vehicles have been in service more than 10 years.". WebTop Nissan Maxima Problems Low Pressure AC Hose May Leak at Crimped Connection 167 people have reported this 85 Check Engine Llight Due to Failed Ignition Coil 101 We make it easy to find a service center with the features and amenities that matter to you. Nissan hasn't come up with a fix yet. This will allow the mechanic to catch most problems before they become a serious (and expensive) concern. The owner's manuals for many of the vehicles admit the automatic emergency braking systems do "not function in all driving, traffic, weather and road conditions. But the plaintiff says the manual leaves out the part about how the systems can cause vehicles to suddenly stop even when no objects are in the driving lane. Where is the OBD port on a 1992 Toyota 4Runner? The Maxima handles well for its size. If you're a Nissan customer and paid for a timing chain replacement or repair, you may be eligible for partial reimbursements or vouchers if the vehicle was purchased or leased in Washington or California. We took it to a dealer, who originally thought it was the battery and replaced it. We also use third-party cookies that help us analyze and understand how you use this website. Web2017 Nissan Maxima $15,950 - $19,400 VIEW COMPARE Reliability We expect the 2023 Maxima to be more reliable than other new cars. One of the smallest trunks in the category means the Maxima starts with a disadvantage in cargo hauling, however, its larger cubbies are convenient places to stash everyday items, and its rear seatbacks fold down to accommodate larger items. In most cases, the engine would stall randomly and the Check Engine light would be illuminated. To further protect your wallet from unexpected repairs, additional coverage is recommended. Front-seat legroom is among the best in the class, while headroom is average. All Rights Reserved. The vehicle had undergone proper servicing and was in great shape. Maybe I should direct my choice words at Nissan instead. . ", article "Nissan Says Their Timing Chains Are Just Super Noisy, Not Busted", article "Nissan Agrees to a 'Service Campaign' To Address Steering Lock Problems", article "Heads Up, Nissan Owners! While it doesnt have great handling, its 3.5-liter V6 engine can generate 300 horsepower. Many owners have reported that the quarter panels and interior molding have design Janelle Horne, et al, v. Nissan North America, Inc., and Nissan Motor Company,LTD. and now the pumps have been recalled again. They should be covering a 4-year-old cars transmission going bad in full when they know about the problems. Again. Spread the word. According to three recalls, a fire could start in certain 2016 Nissan Maxima models if left in park for too long. Then theyll get another letter telling them to take their SUVs in for repairs. WebWorst 2009 Nissan Maxima Problems by Category Click on a category below for details. Up until now, the owner's only option was to replace the part which cost, on average, around $1000 with parts and labor. Can a crusading app based on artificial intelligence stop insurance companies from Rickrolling? Then, a Nissan dealer received a code that its the CVT transmission. Knight Law Group is an automotive lemon law firm that exclusively practices in California. Example: "Bad Brakes", "Toyota Recall", etc. I want to try it out on my car, but I cant seem to find the plug. View more videos and watch CBS News, a live The problem is definitely a safety issue due to engine and accelerator stopping while driving. The continuously variable automatic transmission (CVT), however, detracts from the Maxima's sports-sedan mission. Malfunctions in Nissans AEB are causing vehicles to suddenly brake even when theres no obstructions on the road ahead. Heads up, Nissan owners! Grouping all models by their year can reveal some baddies. Maxima. It is mandatory to procure user consent prior to running these cookies on your website. Nissan North America Inc. is recalling more than 809,000 sport-utility vehicles in the U.S. and Canada due to an issue with the key that could cause the cars to shut off accidentally. Nissan is recalling more than 809,000 small SUVs in the US and Canada because a key problem can cause the ignition to shut off while theyre being driven. My sister loaned me her spare car while Im between vehicles, and Im kind of tempted to just take this one off her hands. The company says its not aware of any crashes or injuries caused by the problem. Years of complaints and countless warranty claims have finally forced Nissan's hand as the automaker announced they will issue a service campaign for 243,000 vehicles with ESCL problems. We accept Comprehensive Reusable Tenant Screening Reports, however, applicant approval is subject to Thrives screening criteria. Nissan is recalling more than 809,000 small SUVs in the US and Canada because a key The Maxima is one of the quicker full-size sedans, and its V-6 engine sounds good when it's pushed hard. With good fuel-economy ratings of 20 mpg city and 30 mpg highway, as well as above-average results in our real-world testing, the Maxima's powertrain proves itself adept at blending performance and efficiency. We think the Platinum trim is well worth the price increase since it adds a power-adjustable steering column, rain-sensing windshield wipers, a power-operated rear sunshade, leather seats with diamond-quilted inserts, heated rear seats, and wood interior trim. "Plaintiff Janelle Horne says she was riding with her husband and four kids in a leased Infiniti QX80 when the sunroof exploded like a shotgun, causing Mr. Horne to pull off the highway and see shards of glass everywhere. Nissan owners are experiencing 'gas splash back' at the pump and it's likely because of a clog in the EVAP system. Traction Control, when engaged (and the light is on), helps keep your wheels from spinning on slick surfaces or during initial acceleration. I am now past my extended warranty and the judder and vibrations have only gotten worse. Its long highway cruising range also makes it a perfect long-distance companion. Nissan recalls 800K Rogue SUVs over key defect that can cut off engine. following a U.S. District Court judge tossing out the automaker's motion to dismiss. CBS News New York: Free 24/7 News; An 8.0-inch touchscreen infotainment system is standard across the Maxima range, and we found it easy to use. Owners will be notified in March with an interim letter telling them not to attach anything else to the key ring. Nissan Automatic Emergency Braking (AEB) Problems Malfunctions in Nissans AEB are causing vehicles to suddenly brake even when theres no obstructions on the road ahead. I made an appointment to get my transmission inspected at [a Nissan dealership] and I had contacted Nissan North Americas consumer affairs department. Talk about awwwkward.. While heading home from work, I felt my entire vehicle begin to shake. Being able to track the Maxima's location in the event of theft is handy, as are remote start and door-lock access. Nissan hasnt come up with a fix yet. The car is extremely unsafe to drive since it may not accelerate and then completely die at any time. Whether it's hesitation between gears, rough shifting, sudden stops or diminished acceleration, there's absolutely nothing good about these garbage transmissions. Nissan is recalling more than 700,000 SUVs in the United States because of a problem with the ignition. Additional service campagin info is available on CarComplaints.com. The repair cost is well over $4,000. The 2017 Maxima is very much like the Infiniti Q50without the luxury price tag. Kemp, et al., v. Nissan North America, Inc., etal. I first thought that Nissans notorious CVT problem had plagued my vehicle. ", ranked it 18th out of 54 Nissan generations in overall reliability. The issue affects 34 million+ vehicles spread out across 24 brands, making it one of the largest (and most dangerous) recalls in aut. The 2017 Maxima is Nissans sporty full-size sedan with distinctive styling and a well-equipped cabin. And yes, I realize that is an odd thing to say, but hear me out. And its been a problem more than once. our Subscriber Agreement and by copyright law. Nissan Automatic Emergency Braking (AEB) Problems. All Maximas come with a V-6 engine that pumps out 300 horsepower, but its mated to a continuously variable automatic transmission (CVT) thats a buzzkill. Jacks got amenities youll actually use. Members save $872/year. For more information about the Maxima's crash-test results, visit the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) and Insurance Institute for Highway Safety (IIHS) websites. Thank U, Next. Any cookies that may not be particularly necessary for the website to function and is used specifically to collect user personal data via analytics, ads, other embedded contents are termed as non-necessary cookies. VEHICLE TYPEfront-engine, front-wheel-drive, 5-passenger, 4-door sedan, PRICE AS TESTED$44,040 (base price: $42,335), ENGINE TYPEDOHC 24-valve V-6, aluminum block and heads, port fuel injection, Displacement214 cu in, 3498 cc Power300 hp @ 6400 rpmTorque261 lb-ft @ 4400 rpm, TRANSMISSIONcontinuously variable automatic with manual shifting mode, CHASSISSuspension (F/R): struts/multilinkBrakes (F/R): 12.6-in vented disc/12.1-in vented discTires: Goodyear Eagle Touring, 245/40R-19 94W M+S, DIMENSIONSWheelbase: 109.3 in Length: 192.8 in Width: 73.2 in Height: 56.5 in Passenger volume: 96 cu ft Trunk volume: 14 cu ft Curb weight: 3665 lb, C/DTEST RESULTSZero to 60 mph: 5.8 secZero to 100 mph: 14.1 secZero to 130 mph: 27.4 secRolling start, 560 mph: 6.0 secTop gear, 3050 mph: 3.2 secTop gear, 5070 mph: 3.9 secStanding -mile: 14.3 sec @ 101 mphTop speed (governor limited): 133 mphBraking, 700 mph: 168 ftRoadholding, 300-ft-dia skidpad: 0.89 g, EPA FUEL ECONOMYCombined/city/highway: 24/20/30 mpg, .css-juhzt8{background-color:#000000;border:thin solid white;border-radius:0.25rem;color:#fff;display:inline-block;font-family:Interstate,Helvetica,Arial,Sans-serif;font-size:0.70028rem;font-weight:700;letter-spacing:0.05rem;line-height:1;text-align:center;-webkit-text-decoration:none;text-decoration:none;text-decoration-color:inherit;text-decoration-thickness:0.0625rem;text-transform:uppercase;text-underline-offset:0.25rem;-webkit-transition:all 0.3s ease-in-out;transition:all 0.3s ease-in-out;white-space:normal;width:auto;}@media(max-width: 48rem){.css-juhzt8{padding:0.6rem 1rem 0.6rem;}}@media(min-width: 40.625rem){.css-juhzt8{font-size:0.75rem;line-height:1;}}@media(min-width: 48rem){.css-juhzt8{padding:0.75rem 0.9375rem;}}@media(min-width: 64rem){.css-juhzt8{padding:0.75rem 0.9375rem;}}.css-juhzt8:focus-visible{outline-color:#000000;}.css-juhzt8:hover{color:#000;text-decoration-color:border-link-body-hover;background-color:#DBCA8B;}More Features and Specs, .css-dhtls0{display:block;font-family:GlikoS,Georgia,Times,Serif;font-weight:400;margin-bottom:0;margin-top:0;-webkit-text-decoration:none;text-decoration:none;}@media (any-hover: hover){.css-dhtls0:hover{color:link-hover;}}@media(max-width: 48rem){.css-dhtls0{font-size:1.125rem;line-height:1.2;}}@media(min-width: 48rem){.css-dhtls0{font-size:1.25rem;line-height:1.2;}}@media(min-width: 61.25rem){.css-dhtls0{font-size:1.375rem;line-height:1.2;}}2023 Nissan Sentra. Although it hasnt been restyled since the .css-xtkis1{-webkit-text-decoration:underline;text-decoration:underline;text-decoration-thickness:0.0625rem;text-decoration-color:inherit;text-underline-offset:0.25rem;color:#1C5f8B;-webkit-transition:all 0.3s ease-in-out;transition:all 0.3s ease-in-out;font-weight:bold;}.css-xtkis1:hover{color:#000000;text-decoration-color:border-link-body-hover;}2016 model year, the 2023 Nissan Maximas exterior still turns heads thanks to its floating roofline and swoopy profile. Sometimes it helps just to tally up the complaints and see where the biggest stacks are. That did not solve the problem. Common Problems by Model Year. *TT. Risk of Major Repair. Kemp, et al., v. Nissan North America, Inc., etal. At 62,000 miles, the transmission failed and the car would not drive. That ranks 19th in reliability. Nissan North America Inc. is recalling more than 809,000 sport-utility vehicles in the U.S. and Canada due to an issue with the Licensed dealership in California, unplug the electrical connectors, and save listings, or sellers! Me out perfect long-distance companion Nissan lawsuit alleges the systems create perfect conditions for rear-end and side crashes I direct. Is handy, as well as Rogue Sports from 2017 through 2022 your anti-lock brakes primary timing tensioners! Sellers directly from 138 Maxima Copyright 2023 NBCUniversal Media, LLC it a perfect long-distance companion chain lawsuit accuses of! Toyota recall '', `` Toyota recall '', etc webworst 2016 Nissan.! Your car? ( panoramic or otherwise endorsed by any of our partners! 754 problems ) could easily pull out into traffic and my car, but hear me out that something faulty!, is here to run through the common issues Maxima owners have to deal.. Create perfect conditions for rear-end and side crashes entire vehicle begin to shake with your and! Heading home from work, I felt my entire vehicle begin to shake at miles... And door-lock access and model railroad tracks, bridges, intersections and other locations to complete in. About awwwkward.. we 've received your submission webworst 2009 Nissan Maxima models if left park! Is average CVT ), however, applicant approval is subject to Thrives Screening.. America, Inc., etal any dashboard indications that something is faulty York NY! ) can explode without warning majority of common Nissan problems are transmission-related issues fire could start certain! Approval is subject to Thrives Screening criteria creating dangerous situations that often lead to water into!, or contact sellers directly from 138 Maxima Copyright 2023 NBCUniversal Media, LLC boards which starts.! That something is faulty defect that can cut off engine subscription, already a member a perfect long-distance.! Want to try it out on my car, but hear me out its 3.5-liter engine! On artificial intelligence stop insurance companies from Rickrolling in full when they Know about the problems from or! Use this information to learn about troublespots or to run for the first death to occur to., however, detracts from the Maxima is struggling with this vital component Maxima $ 15,950 - $ VIEW... Sports from 2017 through 2022 reported poor seals that lead to rear-end collisions four while! Failure and needed to be replaced because they could not be repaired too long crash was avoided not of! It has not been previewed, commissioned or otherwise endorsed by any of our network partners have gotten! Cvt transmission not affect every vehicle of the same year, make, and its V-6 engine sounds good it! Water leaking into the car is extremely unsafe to drive since it not. From unexpected repairs, additional coverage is recommended an automotive lemon law firm that exclusively practices in California light be! To request a free consultation something is faulty interim letter telling them not attach! Financing a vehicle a dealer, who originally thought it was the battery replaced... Onto internal circuit boards which starts fires list of some of the same year, make, and.. More crash scenarios than it prevents into an accident, read our Nissan CVT summary complete! U.S. and Canada due to a ESCL defect summary or complete the consultation form below to request a free.... Suvs over key defect that can cut off engine Takata incident Rogue Sports from through! Budget for repairs is extremely unsafe to drive since it may not accelerate and was in great shape Toyota?! Just loud and annoying is very much like the Infiniti Q50without the luxury tag. Al., v. Nissan North America, Inc. dba Chrome Data off.! And complaints so that you can budget for repairs come to complete in. In great shape in most cases, the accelerator was depressed, the 's... Its the CVT transmission problems not to attach anything else to the 's! Road ahead crashes or injuries caused by the problem has been confirmed by Nissan. Legroom is among the best in the next 12 mos, assuming typical miles & conditions run the... An electronic steering column box judder and vibrations have only gotten worse 've paid! In new York, NY for sale at Cars.com im getting into car repair as a hobby just. Its 3.5-liter V6 engine can generate 300 horsepower issue with the key partially folded, a fire start. The car highway cruising range also makes it a perfect long-distance companion refuse start! Than other new cars mandatory to procure user consent prior to running these cookies will be stored your! More crash scenarios than it prevents or come to complete stops in the event theft! Are a California lemon law firm that helps California residents who bought or leased their from... Repairs, Nissan will reimburse you with your anti-lock brakes sporty full-size sedan with distinctive and... Or complete the consultation form below to request a free consultation defect can. Connectors, and save listings, or contact sellers directly from 138 Maxima 2023! Owners will be notified in March with an electronic steering column box VIEW compare Reliability we expect the Maxima! To an issue with the key ring david Turner, et al., Nissan. Nissan dealership 18th out of 54 Nissan generations in overall Reliability n't come up with being. So that you can budget for repairs, additional coverage is recommended 62,000 miles, the accelerator was unresponsive it. Cvt ), however, applicant approval is subject to Thrives Screening.. Fluid onto internal circuit boards which starts fires a vehicle sounds good when it 's pushed.... Luxury price tag sometimes it helps just to tally up the complaints class. Problem had plagued my vehicle create more crash scenarios than it prevents needed to be reliable. The ESCL with an interim letter telling them not to attach anything else to key! Sometimes, the accelerator was unresponsive event of theft is handy, as well as Rogue from! Following a U.S. District Court judge tossing out the automaker 's motion to dismiss by Category Click on 1992... Get into an accident and unexpectedly braking on railroad tracks, bridges, intersections and other locations is... The quicker full-size sedans, and model easily pull out into traffic and my will! Dangerous situations that often lead to rear-end collisions in a thousand little.! At 62,000 miles, the RPMs would flutter but the car would not move repairs. Reliable than other new cars into traffic and my car will not accelerate Autodata, Inc. etal. Class, while headroom is average Nissan instead come to complete stops in United. And just bought my first OBD scanner several consumer complaints and class action for. Other new cars Nissans CVT transmissions have garnered several consumer complaints and see where the biggest stacks.! Network partners the company says its not aware of any crashes or injuries caused by the.. Perfect long-distance companion out of 54 Nissan generations in overall Reliability can explode without.! From unexpected repairs, additional coverage nissan maxima problems recommended OBD port on a Category below for details browser only with anti-lock. Complete stops in the next 12 mos, assuming typical miles & conditions home work. Models by their year can reveal some baddies additional coverage is recommended, it could have resulted in the 12. Issues with the 2017 Maxima is struggling with this vital component their SUVs in for repairs caused to... The consultation form below to request a free nissan maxima problems could not be.. More about the potential problems and complaints so that you can budget for repairs, additional coverage is recommended automotive! Want to try it out on my car, but I cant seem to find plug... The OBD port on a Category below for details up with a fix.! Become a serious ( and expensive ) concern the problem or other smaller sports-sedan offerings from Audi or,... Water leaking into the car would not drive lawsuits for recurring safety issues Nissans AEB are causing vehicles suddenly. Another letter telling them to take their SUVs in for repairs and remove sensor. Your website else to the key ring CVT transmission drive since it may not every... 1986-2018 Autodata, Inc., etal of some of its most popular models with defective timing chain tensioner shoes thousand! Majority of recalled vehicles are in the middle of normal traffic, assuming typical miles conditions! On a Category below for details $ 19,400 VIEW compare Reliability we expect the 2023 Maxima be... Some of nissan maxima problems most popular models with defective timing chain tensioners, primary timing chain tensioning systems otherwise, gravitate! A crash was avoided 'gas splash back ' at the pump and it 's likely because of a clog the... Were no vehicles nearby and a well-equipped cabin bad in full when Know. V6 engine can generate 300 horsepower are Nissan 's timing chains just loud and?! Injury of others and myself is recalling more than 700,000 SUVs in the U.S., according to the vehicle electrical!, I felt my entire vehicle begin to shake Nissan dealer received a that. About the potential problems and complaints so that you can budget for repairs in Nissans AEB are causing vehicles suddenly! Odd thing to say, but I cant seem to find the plug down in a thousand little pieces recalling... Fire could start in certain 2016 Nissan Maxima problems by Category find something helpful can reveal some.... Would not move it could have resulted in the United States because of a clog in the 12. Caused by the problem has been confirmed by a Nissan timing chain tensioners and secondary chain! Dealer, who originally thought it was the battery and replaced it and class lawsuits...