And I was like, 'Mom, maybe I just need to sleep it off and I'll be fine.' Carroll immediately jumped up from the mat and never seemed to stop jumping until his coach eventually launched the heavyweight over his shoulder and walked him off the mat in celebration. The March 4 shooting at Olathe East High School ended with a school administrator, a school resource officer and a student all suffering gunshot wounds. Allen tried to crawl up to pop his hips, but Eric put Allen in a cradle that looked like it might be the end of the match. Marcum was also happy Eric beat Allen after recalling some less than fruitful outcomes for himself against Allen back in the day. of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations. Athletic teams compete in the 6A division and are known as the "Hawks". Randy Streeter, his dad and coach, did not know if Eric would be able to return for the postseason at all. Location: OLATHE EAST HIGH SCHOOL. This year, he powered his way through the entire tournament, pinning each of his opponents to secure the Class 6A 190-pound state title. Even if alumni from Olathe East High School have moved away from Olathe, Kansas, they can use this site to find and contact high school friends. The IPS program combines students with disabilities with peer mentors to learn social and other real-life skills. Marcum said he enjoyed finishing out his high school career alongside Bradley and Streeter. NR No Rating. Grades 9-12 public. At 12:54 p.m., a text message on the phone read "I TOLD YOU NOT TO EVEN HAVE THAT GUN ON YOU.". He followed up the required point by blowing a kiss to his mom, to thank her for supporting him in wrestling and in life. south. Collin McAllister earned two pinfall victories to reach the semifinals, where he defeated Kaden Garvalena of Dodge City by 4-0 decision. Randy said that Bradley was still satisfied with his career, becoming the first Firebird to place at state four times. Dinner served at 6:30 PM. As soon as the match started, I wanted to set it up. The 2,567 sq. The principal then initiated a lockdown of the school. There were probably 50 cars there, so all of us knew something was happening, Stuart said. Things got even closer in the semifinals when Kocher-Munoz needed to pull off an 8-6 sudden victory. ft. home is a 4 bed, 3.0 bath property. Carroll used that advantage to flip the script from last year and take Lopez down to the mat for a pin. $20; Pack Prices. But its been a good run and its a good way to end it. In addition to Agnew, Caeleb Hutchinson won the state title at 106. After that, he really didnt want no smoke, Agnew said. Olathe East Hawks @ Olathe Northwest Ravens: October 6, 2022 42 - 6. And though we get laptops, they don't always work and sometimes Wifi is limited. I have to say wrestling, Juarez said. The shooting happened around 10:30 a.m., according to the Olathe Police Department. Jaylon Desean Elmore, a senior at the school, has been charged with . 13743 W 121st St , Olathe, KS 66062-4948 is a single-family home listed for-sale at $415,000. The Jaguars duo also pointed to the benefit of having each other as training partners. Olathe East High School is a public high school located in Olathe, Kansas, United States, serving students in grades 9-12. You can reach me at jodifortino@kcur.org. See the Olathe East Hawks's basketball schedule, roster, rankings, standings and more on MaxPreps.com. Sign up for FOX4 email alerts to have breaking news sent to your inbox. It was kinda irritating and disappointing because there were a lot of points that were to be had if it weren't for certain situations, Agnew said. It felt good to right a wrong from last year.. A Kansas high school principal and school resource officer were shot at Olathe East High School in Kansas Friday, and Olathe Police say a student was the shooter. When buying cowboy boots, there are a few aspects to consider, such as how far up they go on your legs and their design. Now Lopez has some offseason . All players are unique and must have a positive relationship with their coach and an environment that stimulates growth physically, mentally, emotionally, and socially. If you are an alumn of Olathe East High you should register now in the alumni directory. See houses this school serves. Special agents from the Kansas City Division of the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (ATF) are on the scene to assist the investigation. Copyright 2022 Scripps Media, Inc. All rights reserved. Today Kansas High School Boys Basketball Live GameHome Team: Olathe North EaglesAway Team: Olathe East HawksGame Location: Olathe North - Olathe, KSDate: Feb. Hutchinson picked up a pin and a 16-1 tech fall to advance to the semifinals where he outlasted Derbys Jayden Grijalva for a 4-2 decision win. [12] In 2007, the Hawks set a new KSHSAA record for most consecutive state championships won in softball.[12]. So Im proud that I got to spend the memories and the moments with him that I did.. I used to be the same way as Eric," Marcum said. This is a 4-bed, 3-bath, 1,786 sqft property. View more property details, sales history and Zestimate data on Zillow. Ive been wrestling for a long time and that was my last match, last time taking off my shoes. I got my first takedown and then it was just more after that. He won his regional championship heading into state. McAllister matched up with a reigning state champion, Derby senior Tate Rusher. Price: $459,000. It feels so good, Agnew said. 7 /10. As a suburb of Kansas City, Missouri, Olathe is the fourth-largest city in the Kansas City Metropolitan Area. Please contact your school district to verify school assignment for your child. Hourly rate. Jaylon Elmore, an 18-year-old student at the school, is charged with attempted capital murder, and remains in the hospital after being shot that day by the schools resource officer, Erik Clark. That sequence is eerily similar to one from a video that Randy has from the two wrestling back in 2014. Reports also came into dispatch that both Clark and a principal had been shot. Thats what I did and I got it done.. Olathe. Students said the shooting took place during third period. "The male students claimed Jay has pulled the gun out at school in front of them in the past," the document said. The student who allegedly opened fire inside an assistant principal's office in March at Olathe East High School appeared Wednesday in Johnson County District Court. He never got the chance to work his way through the backside of the bracket as his outburst got him disqualified. Join Classmates.com for free, The High School Network is not affiliated with, endorsed, or sponsored by Olathe East High School of Olathe, Kansas, A free site for Olathe East High School alumni. Cant wait for the future!! A few problems with teachers more interested in seeming cool to their students rather than teaching the class. Live Match : Northwest vs. Olathe East - High School Basketball Live StreamWatch Now : www.youtube.com/redirect?event=video_description&q=bit.ly/BasketGirlsN. The school is a part of Olathe School District USD 233. I'm really happy for us all, it is really well deserved, Marcum said. Both wrestlers will be seniors next year trying to end their high school careers as the best 285-pound wrestler in Class 6A. In 1997, Olathe East High School was selected as a Blue Ribbon School. The sports programs at Olathe East were fair compared to others in the school district. This is done through reciprocal positive relationships between coaches and athletes. I got the takedown and then back points, which was super clutch. foot 4 bed, 4 bath house for sale. A parent, who did not want to be identified, shared video taken by a student inside the high school Friday morning. Olathe . Then It just kicked in, Im a state champ.. Another daughter, also a freshman, had yet to arrive. . But his mind flipped in a huge way. Both wrestlers will be seniors next year trying to end their high school careers as the best 285-pound wrestler in Class 6A. Olathe East Middle Or Junior School. After having Lopez on the ropes during their state championship bout, one misstep left Carroll lying defeated on the mat. The court documents said that around 10:38 a.m. on March 4, police officers responded to the school after School Resource Officer Erik Clark called "shots fired. Olathe Police public information officer Sgt. The federal government isn't actually measuring how inflation is hurting rural America, Kansas City singer Ida McBeth, 'unmatched in melody and soul,' dies at 70, Jessie Montgomery, composing from a place of self-honor, After 18 hours, Kansas City police standoff ends with 1 man found dead inside house. For Marcum, there was no revenge necessary on his path to a state title as he defeated every challenger in his way this season. What are your favorite school events or traditions? Im not the official, but (Eric) had it pretty tight.. That was the plan, to go in there and dominate, Juarez said. I was waiting for him to try that exact move and he did, but I was able to capitalize, Carroll said. For some reason that just shut me off and I just kind of went black for a little bit.. We got everyone that came to state this year coming back, Broxterman said. OLATHE, Kan. An 18-year-old student is facing charges after he allegedly shot two Olathe East High School employees Friday. Planets converge above KC, Chiefs rank among worst in NFLPA Report Cards, What worked, didnt work at new KCI terminal 1st, KC Police Board remembers fallen KCPD officer, K9, KC needs volunteers for Big 12 Championships, events, Kansas City weather: Why your car may be dusty today, Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information. The affidavit states that Elmore got defensive, hugged his backpack and wouldnt let Stoppel search the bag. Its been several years now and it still gets him, Carroll said. Hes that guy, and just watching it all come together for him has been an incredible thing.. KANSAS CITY, Mo. I woke up this morning, and I figured something might have happened or something. But his plan changed because of the way the match played out. "Fearing for his safety, SRO Clark said he drew his pistol and shot Elmore in order to defend himself," the document said. Carroll remembers every second of that celebration. It has been called Dr. Seuss Day because of this. Cant wait to see you as leaders very soon for OE football!! A school resource officer and an administrator were injured, as was the shooter. The symmetry was close enough for Barker. Woten reached the semifinals the next year, but lost in an upset, a word that also describes Woten's post-match response. Olathe East High School is a highly rated, public school located in OLATHE, KS. Rates. Im so happy I started crying when I got her off the bus, I about jumped up on her.. It was just a complete flip, Randy said. In the 20062007 school year, East had a composite ACT score of 23.8,[8] beating the national average of 21.2. OLATHE, KS. Ghost guns are purchased to self-assemble and are not marked with a serial number. Just wrestling smart. We expose our players to true self-evaluation, which can hopefully provide them with an enjoyment of sports, while building their social and cognitive skills. Olathe East vs. Olathe West | High-School Basketball Live : http://maxtvhd.ussasports.co/hs-basketball.php The Olathe West (Olathe, KS). The shooting happened in an office area of Olathe East High School, Olathe police tweeted around 11 a.m. Friday. These scores were also much higher than the national average of 503 on the Critical Reading and 518 on the Mathematics section. Find todays top stories on fox4kc.com for Kansas City and all of Kansas and Missouri. Nothing? Barker racked up point after point across his three state matches this year leading into his fourth appearance in the state finals. Both wrestlers remained tied in the latter stages of the match, only for McAllister to secure a reversal in the finals seconds to earn a 5-3 decision. Hutchinson found a little more breathing room in the finals, pulling out to a 5-0 lead that he held through to the finish. Olathe East High School Home of the Hawks Popular Links. Marcum went 6-10 during his freshman year, followed by a 17-8 sophomore season, ending with no wins at state after Olathe South's Blake Jouret beat him in the quarterfinals to knock him to the backside of the bracket. See houses this school serves. Cautious.. Most teachers wanted to see their students succeed after their class and in real-world life. Copyright 2002-2023 Blackboard, Inc. All rights reserved. The OE Choir has sent several students to Northeast KMEA All-District Music Festival along with all the other performing groups at East. Satellite map shows the land surface as it really looks like. Barkers path to winning three state titles with a sophomore-year state runner-up finish mirrors that of Mendez. A school administrator and resource officer were injured in a shooting Friday morning at Olathe East High School. This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. The Olathe East Band has also received many accomplishments such as receiving all "I" ratings at the area music festival in March 2007. He doesnt think anybody can beat him at anything. The culture here is vibrant amongst our own spheres as students, but our school spirit isn't as strong as other schools too. Mrs. Gaefke will no longer be employed here in the library, and library student service hours will be reduced from 80 hours to 40 hours per week. document.getElementById( "ak_js_1" ).setAttribute( "value", ( new Date() ).getTime() ); Copyright 2023 Nexstar Media Inc. All rights reserved. Jaylon Elmore is a student at Olathe East High School in Kansas accused of attempted murder after police say he shot a school resource officer and assistant principal. Niche requires Javascript to work correctly. Olathe East Sr High School held plenty of diversity. I knew he was going to be going for cradles and throws, just big moves to try and put the match away, Hutchinson said. I'm in the same boat as the rest of you all, and parents here in Olathe of being shocked in this incident, Yeldell said. I don't know. Senior Colin Kleysteuber battled through an injured-plagued high school wrestling career to finish his last match with a state championship victory, earning a 6-2 decision over Olathe North junior Jacob Vasquez in the 165-pound state final. That includes when he beat Jouret of Olathe South in the state final last year, ending Jourets nearly two-year undefeated streak. Olathe Northwest High School. He decided to start down and was able to escape, pushing the score to 7-0. It just felt good for my opponents to tell me that I was dominating and to know you pinned the last four at state.. This time Hutchinson worked a little slower, earning just one penalty point in the first period before pushing the pace in the second period. You can find old friends, share photos and stay updated on the latest school news. Then he rolls everybody this year, Randy said. When she got off the bus, I checked her whole body, Stillman said. west north east. ", In Stoppel's office, officers also found Elmore's phone. Stream sports and activities from Olathe East High School in Olathe, KS, both live and on demand. My ma . Principals been shot, the officer said. "Please join me in keeping this officer and all our Olathe schools community in your prayer.". But all of that is not why Carroll leapt for joy following his championship-securing pin. Current in 12th grade at Olathe East High school trying to complete my 24 credits. After Elmore allegedly refused to let Stoppel search the bag, Clark went in to intervene and search the bag himself. Good school culture, never really face any sort of exclusion. 5h: $100; I was pretty nervous heading into my final match, but I just realized if I wrestled like myself, how I've been doing all year, then I'll win the match, Marcum said. HOURS OF WORK/CALENDAR: 8 hours a day / 10-month contract. NR No Rating. In 2008, there was a one-point difference between Shawnee Mission East and Olathe East. You cant be me., Hell tell you that the kids on the Free State High School basketball team cant beat him in basketball. No students were injured in the shooting . High School Basketball - Olathe East @ NorthwestWatch live on https://www.youtube.com/redirect?event=video_description&q=https://is.gd/440Io9 The offici. Jaylon . Multiple local and federal law enforcement agencies responded to the school, and officers found three subjects with gunshot wounds in the office area: Clark, Assistant Principal Kaleb Stoppel and Elmore. Hutchinson had already defeated Pacheco in the regional final, building up a double-digit lead in points before ultimately securing the pin in the closing seconds of the second period. It means everything because those hard practices where you dont really have to work hard, but once you start working hard they add up, Carroll said. Two school staff members were wounded Friday in a shooting at Kansas' Olathe East High School, police said. That counselor told the assistant principal, Kaleb Stoppel. East Carolina University jobs . Overall a positive experience. Bek Shackelford-Nwanganga is a freelance reporter for KCUR 89.3. Classrooms are equipped with Smartboard technology. Counseling services for students and staff will be available at California Trail Middle School and Pioneer Trail Middle School until 7 p.m. Friday evening. A Johnson County District Court judge set Elmores bail at $1 million. # 4,607 in National Rankings. This guidance is fleshed-out with random challenges, specific tests, play, and science to achieve the desired result. With Derby and Garden City well ahead of the field, it became a battle for third place for all the other teams. The Olathe Police Department credited the injured resource officer for making sure the situation didnt get any worse. Hawk News. MLS # 2422486 (KCTV) - Newly-released court records detail what happened on March 4 when a student allegedly pulled a gun at Olathe East High School and shot the schools assistant principal and school resource officer. In a perfect world I'd like to have recesses, but otherwise having a longer lunch would be nice. Kocher-Munoz agreed, maybe with an even bigger goal attached. 12991 S Hagan St, Olathe, KS, 66062 is a 3,176 sq. Olathe East High (OEHS) Class of 2002 Alumni List Help us Update the Olathe East High 2002 Class List by adding any names missing from the list below: < Class of 2003 They dont give up, keep pushing through and taking one for the team. At East there were various ethnic and religious groups that gave the school a different culture. Even if alumni from Olathe East High School have moved away from Olathe, Kansas, they can use this site to find and contact high school friends. Clark returned fire and shot Elmore, and the assistant principal Stoppel jumped on Elmore to try to wrestle the gun away. They made us lock the doors and thats when the announcement came on to say there aint passing period, dont go to your next class, stay in the classroom and lock the doors, Kamroyn Cummings, Olathe East freshman said. Sign up for Senior Academic Signing. 170 - Maison Kleist (Vancleave High School) 26-13, Jr. 182 - Kamar Houston (Oxford High School Wrestling ) 12-4, So. ", Investigators then spoke to Simons, who stated that she had overheard a conversation the day before on a school bus about a student named "Jay" who "always brings a gun to school.". "Special Education bus riders will come home on buses from Olathe East as normal.". By the time finals rolled around, it was Mill Valley and Manhattan jockeying for the final team trophy. Graphic maps of the area around 52 53' 45" N, 18 46' 29" E. There is plenty to choose from. KSHB 41 News has obtained court documents that revealed new details about the Olathe East High School shooting. odgo evening everybody.