Thanks Lynne. Thank you so much. Directions: At end of M62, turn right under fly-over onto A5058 (following signs for football stadium). William Brown Street Liverpool England L3 8EW View on map. My great grandmother is shown as living in Elizabeth Place, Mount Vernon Road on the 1861 census. anthony driver dignity funerals. There are a few good comments about Tong Streets location on this page: https://liverpoolhistorysocietyquestions.wordpress.com/2011/04/26/pellew-st/ (after the first points on Pellew Street). ). Does anyone know of such a map of Liverpool. Hi. 6, Alberta, Canada, in Peoria, Maricopa County, Arizona, United States, in Oakland County, Michigan, United States, West Derby hotels sortable list of all West Derby hotels , more offers and West Derby car hiring guide , Flights to nearby airports to West Derby , Overview of flights to and from United Kingdom , See the 3D map of West Derby, United Kingdom in Google Earth . Edge Hill is a district of Liverpool, England, south east of the city centre, bordered by Kensington, Wavertree and Toxteth . The reservation system is secure and your personal information and credit card is encrypted. Memories of Liverpool, back to the early 1800's. Liverpool in the 1840's. James Taylor, engineer, Britannia Engine Works, Birkenhead, 1817-1894. The label reads Dorothy Rimmer 108a Bold St. Lpool Yours, Dermot. See West Derby photos and images from satellite below, explore the aerial photographs of West Derby in United Kingdom. Discovering the Cartography of the Past. You can also dive right into West Derby on unique 3D satellite map provided by Google Earth. Walnut Street itself had very few houses on it, except towards the eastern end. Any insights from locals/better map readers than me gratefully received. The URL of this site will be included automatically. The union erected a new workhouse on Mill Road in 1838-40, with the first inmates moving in in 1841. . I have family with a series of nine baptisms between 1783 and 1803 in the St Nicholas chapel of St Peters, with the address Darwen/Darwin Street in the parish registers. Thanks and best wishes, Thanks Ill let you know if I find one, though I dont know of one so far. They can be seen in outline, usually dotted, and will be shown built up on later maps. Im doing some research on a soldier who served in the Boer War and then in WW1. Riverside Centre for Health Park Street Liverpool Merseyside L8 6QP Tel: 01512959239. Lambert Street used to go through the site now occupied by Tesco on London Road (north side). But I cant find an Upper Wolfe Street, even on the very detailed 1850 map, so I assume It was all labelled Wolfe Street. When you find a deal you want, we provide link to the airline or travel agent to make your booking directly with them. You can find it on Martins recommended link: UK Map: Much of North, South & West London redrawn. The old maps show it marked as a laundry all the way back to 1891, when the area was only just being built up. Find out more. Old Swan Crystal Close Liverpool Merseyside L13 2GA Tel: 01512853737. (West Derby?) The location of each West Derby hotel listed is shown on the detailed zoomable map. Booking.com, being established in 1996, is longtime Europes leader in online hotel reservations. Im sure some would have been better maintained by their owners than others, but they would have been a class above courts. Hi Martin. It must have been a very small street, as it is unmarked on some maps. My gggg grandfather has his address on his childs baptism record in 1827 as Crown Court, Highfield St Liverpool. Looking at 1890: Plan of Liverpool North Sheet, there is an error in that it shows a factory at the bottom of Silvester Street, whereas it should show St Martins Cottages, which were built between 1864 and 1869 and were there until we moved out in 1955. Info and maps from Yo Liverpool Forum. Best wishes, Detailed street map and route planner provided by Google. First thank you for a wonderful map of old Liverpool. campbell-liverpool,coatbridge, glasgow, renfrewshire. They are shown in the 1906 Ordnance Survey map of Liverpool North together with St Martins Recreation Ground, which replaced the cemetery on the other side of Silvester Street, and is still there. Its a puzzle! It now turns east to meet Craven Street. Past & Present Map of Derby 1836. Browse our selection of vintage and retro black & white photographs of West Derby, along with old maps, local history books, and fascinating memories that our visitors have contributed. Hello, Im researching my Dads family history and finding unexpectedly that both sides come from Liverpool! 1.4 miles from West Derby Golf Club. Use this map type to plan a road trip and to get driving directions in West Derby. , Can any one help looking for the Robinson family that lived on red rock street 1960, What a brilliant site. Revised New Colour Series of Derby & Burton upon Trent 1902. You can be the first. He lived in N 26 McLeod Street which I believe was in the Domingo Ward of Liverpool but I havent been able to find the street on any map that Ive looked at. The only thing Ive found to confirm even its existence is a bride living at that address who was married at St Matthias. On the census it comes between Dinorben Street and Linden Street in the Toxteth Park area. local history books, An old map from 1893 is available from here: https://www.old-maps.co.uk/#/Map/336946/396919/12/101394, while the modern Google Map shows it here: https://goo.gl/maps/LSYgoP3Mpm72 (though note that the numbers may have changed since 1893). Read and share The City is well known for music (the . We now know that the situation would not be so simple. Ive never noticed it myself, but Anfield is not labelled. Since As you say, local knowledge is a big help. document.getElementById("comment").setAttribute( "id", "a0c38add5968ccc122bf817ba378b5df" );document.getElementById("ad28faf495").setAttribute( "id", "comment" ); Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment. BT: 0800 800 150; Cadent Gas: 0800 111999; Scottish Power Energy Networks: 0800 001 5400; Highways England: 0300 . However that being said I was wondering if anyone could steer me to any old pictures or artefacts of Hankin Street. It featured in 1871 Census and my great grandfather and family lived there at the time. Yes, Walnut Street has been obliterated by the moden University developments near the Catholic Cathedral. But hopefully its a pointer in the right direction. Broad Green Road is indeed in West Derby, leading out of Old Swan. The map is from the early 1950s, but I believe it took a lot of its information from earlier (perhaps 1920s) Ordnance Survey maps. Its not drawn on the map, but is indicated to be close to Townsend Street in Kirkdale. Hopefully Declan will see your comment and be able to spot it. shows standish street of great cross hall street. flexible offerings for business. which was donated to the church to build the preists house i have seen a map which stated .Hanlon coal and tinder. . I wonder if youve any idea which the nearest big road might be, or when theyd be likely to have disappeared? West Derby, a parish mainly in the county borough of Liverpool, but partly in the administrative county of Lancaster. I hope people get use out of this, as thats the most rewarding part of the effort I put in. GRASSENDALE MEDICAL PRACTICE . Cheers. Yes, it looks like Wolfe Street is a shadow of its former self! I think the street youre looking for is Worfield Street, which has Court No. . my wifes family lived at Smollett Street off Kensington at the very bottom of the north sheet map and she is trying to locate an old photo of the street, before it was demolished in the 1970s to show to her mum as a prompt for memories. Is there anywhere that may have pictures and locations of Rushton Street, Albion Terrace, 109 Rose Vale and 8 Wykeham Street . Lupton lived. About this document. My Great Grandparents lived at 23 Edge MountI only know the exact address because we have a newspaper (Liverpool Echo) clipping of the sons and sons in law of the Grimes family that were in the war, my Grandad was Charles Grimes. A couple of people have been looking for this street. Thank you for your swift reply Martin, knowing there were courts around that street it seems likely as you say they were residing in a court property Send a personal message with a photo to anyone, anywhere. Would this be the name of a court (courtyard) off Highfield St or would it have been an address associated with Crown Court on that street? Revised New Colour Series of Liverpool 1902. I would be really grateful if you could help me. Please choose in the list below and simply copy & paste mentioned HTML code into your page source code. They have a long maritime history around Liverpool. Chris Fleming. It has a fair portion of nostalgia, but is also a detailed photographic record of the demolition, with before and after photos (by OConnor himself), and old maps too. Ive found this discussion on searching for roads in the census. Vicky. milne-glasgow. Contacts. Thanks again. In the late 1800s and early 1900s we appear to have been very much a Kirkdale Family census returns, birth/death certificates show Hopwood Street, Wrexham Street, Major Street, Latham Street. PAUL KONCHESKY is still haunted by West Ham's 2006 FA Cup final heartbreak. See Townsend Street on this 1890 map: https://historic-liverpool.co.uk/old-maps-of-liverpool/plan-of-liverpool-north-sheet-1890/#5/67.509/-106.458. The Matthews family lived at 2 Doon St in 1891 and 1901 and the Barr family lined at 1 Doon St in 1891, 1901, and 1911. This historical mapping work is just invaluable. You may be interested in these old maps of the area nearby. Your email address will not be published. My grandfather was Wesley HADDOCK and my uncle (his son), John HADDOCK. For neatness sake, Ive clipped roads which cross Queens Drive and head off into the surburbs. Holdings include: Guardians . It is incredibly detailed, showing every road name, paths within the parks, and even individual buildings in some streets (where those buildings were big enough). Would you know anything about those streets? It looks like 220 Falstnes or Faerlnes or Fa***nes Street, West Derby, so obviously it was/is a long street in the area for that year with at least 220 dwellings on it. Roger Street was a very small street off Linden Street, which you can see on this map of Toxteth. Ive had a little look but not having much success finding Mordan Street. Sorry if this causes any inconvenience. document.getElementById("comment").setAttribute( "id", "ae8e5b1515b42f41067839266bc61823" );document.getElementById("ad28faf495").setAttribute( "id", "comment" ); Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment. Hi Martin, City of Liverpool : area 14,909 acres (exclusive of half of River Mersey) George Philip & Son George Philip & Son L [td] The London Geographical Institute 1900 1900 1:15 400. There doesnt seem to be an existing picture either, not even in the Liverpool Archive. Firstly, right in the middle are the stand-out Victorian structures, Liverpool's central gems: St. George's Hall, Lime Street . Not a problem! Im helping my girlfriend find out about her grandmothers past as the information known is patchy. If your Liverpool ancestors came from all over Merseyside, this might be the all-in-one map you need to complete your family tree. one of the smaller ones. Sandy Lane is in the north part of Walton, and is still there today. Its layout was similar to Robertson St which is in a similar location to the south side of Warwick St. yes Tracey it ran off Russell Street towards Trowbridge Street paralell to Brownlow Hill would be regarded as city centre now. There are several options how to link to our maps including no elsewhere to find free google maps gazetteer search, ready to use on your website. Thats here: https://duckduckgo.com/?q=moorgate+street+liverpool&t=ffab&atb=v166-1&ia=maps&iaxm=maps&strict_bbox=0&bbox=53.517143424956174%2C-2.954243570043417%2C53.41212892117953%2C-2.802613518884044. Crime (218) Nearby. Im afraid Ive not found any photos in my usual sources, but if I do find some then Ill post them here! Some of these maps show the wider area around the city, and may include areas as far afield as North Wales or Manchester, Lancaster or Chester. Price 15.99. This address is in the parish area of West Derley and the Ecclesiastical District of St Clemont. Dinorben Street was in Toxteth, to the south of the city centre, and just north of the still-existing Parliament Street. Thanks for your message its great to hear that this site is enjoyed from across the other side of the globe! Kind regards Could the address have been mis-transcribed in one of the records? Noya Concept Mediterranean Restaurant. These were slum court houses. If you type calvin into the search box in the top left it should come up with Calvin Street in a dropdown menu. If we had an ancestral home it would be Browns Buildings, Prince Edwin Street! Good morning Hello Martin and thanks for your response. You may also enter an additional message that will be also included in the e-mail. Im looking for Penistone Terrace as my great-grandfather lived there in 1891. Thank you for any help you may be able to give me This is done by selecting certain points on the new and old map, and telling the software that they should be on top of each other. Im trying to locate a street in West Derby circa 1878 where my Great Grandfather John (Bustow ?) Hi, I amtrying to trace where my grandmother and her sister were living aroung 1890-1900.They were brought over by their parents but left at a convent on or near Shaw Street, Liverpool and their parents returned to ~Ireland. We sell a limited reproduction range of one inch to one mile maps (revised from the late 1800s and published in the early years of the 1900s) from our OS map shop. St George's Hall is on Lime Street in the centre of the English city of Liverpool, opposite Lime Street railway station. To be honest Im not having much better luck with that but there are a few roads across England with that name, and that might give you a lead. Location. VAT No. You can see it on this map from 1936-9: Brill. . The road youre looking for is Poyntz street. Most of the books Ive read say pretty much what Ive summarised above, but there is one book thats not afraid to be emotive, and comes at it from a proudly biased point of view, which makes it good reading. Do you know of any map showing where these houses would have been located, or how the courts were laid out? I presume a refrigerated engine driver would refer to something similar to todays good vehicle drivers. This file may not be suitable for users of assistive technology . The nearest I can find is a Linton Street which is in north Liverpool. No middlemen. Best Wishes, Is there a business directory of Edge Lane as I have not come across any that can help me? Liverpool (Cook Street) - West Kirby Station. Hi. Thank you! Ive not got address data on this website (yet!) I dont know if youve already found something, but heres an old map with McKee Street on it: (see bottom left of map). However, the terraces might have been a different story. When were the houses in the streets that ran down to Scotty Road actually built and were they really in that bad a condition to warrant demolition? Ill do this later today, centred on Millard Street. Did you have any joy finding anything about it? https://duckduckgo.com/?q=broadgreen+road+liverpool&t=ffab&atb=v166-1&ia=maps&iaxm=maps&strict_bbox=1&bbox=53.415348415286786%2C-2.916047579372119%2C53.4048983875726%2C-2.9009781656713898, https://duckduckgo.com/?q=moorgate+street+liverpool&t=ffab&atb=v166-1&ia=maps&iaxm=maps&strict_bbox=0&bbox=53.517143424956174%2C-2.954243570043417%2C53.41212892117953%2C-2.802613518884044, https://historic-liverpool.co.uk/product/plan-of-liverpool-south-sheet-1890-print-old-map-liverpool/, https://historic-liverpool.co.uk/product/weekly-dispatch-atlas-1860-print-of-old-map-of-liverpool/, https://historic-liverpool.co.uk/product/bacons-new-plan-of-liverpool-1910-print-of-old-map-of-liverpool/. It is a building in Neoclassical style which contains concert halls and law courts, and is recorded in the . Hi You can still get it second hand on Amazon, and you can probably find it in second hand book shops now and again. Ursula. The cheapest way to get from Old Swan to West Derby costs only 1, and the quickest way takes just 3 mins. So nice of you to say thanks for your very nice words! " Would recommend! Hi, Initially, the West Derby union continued using the old Low Hill workhouse. Choose one to see a larger version. Hi There 4 Jan 2019. Note the spelling, the familiar . Thank you for your hard work! It's free to browse our vintage and retro photographs The old maps show the houses were built in sections, with some roads being half completed for some time. Ive been trying to locate Albion Terrace that I have as an address for my great grandparents in Low Hill on their marriage certificate. Doon Street, in Kirkwall, was part of the large area of terraced housing in north Liverpool. memories of West Derby. If you may be interested in the Liverpool FURLONG family history then please feel free to contact me. Would you be able to tell/show n a map where Nottingham Street, Everton would have been please? Dunkeld Street was on the north side of West Derby Road. Were 1 and 2 destroyed in the was perhaps? no streets on one of the maps it looks like marsh land, it is also a bit of a hike from St Peters parish although it could have been the mums original parish. Do you have any records that might help? 1871 England Census a predecessor of mine is listed as living at 119 C Block, Scotland Ward, Liverpool, is any chance you can give me an idea of where this is exactly? Sometimes a Terrace was a row of houses within a longer street, so it might have been a part of Townsend Street, or one of the unlabelled streets in that map at the link above. I wonder if you could point me in the right direction to get the names ofthe people. Viewing and printing these maps from the Old Maps website was limited under our license agreement to non-commercial users. Though you were in the right area. Edge Hill University was founded here, but moved to Ormskirk in the 1930s. One day I might add more of these reference points, but for now I hope the map is still very useful. Your website has been an amazing help but I am stuck on two streets/roads listed on the 1871 and 1901 census which arent on here. 1765 Organ in St Nicholas Church opened July 21. Matthew Barr was a refrigerated engine driver according to one census. 1245 Russell Pkwy Warner Robins, Georgia. Hi Im trying to find old photographs of Raymond Street (off Scotland Road) and Venmore Street (running up to Anfield). Worfield Street was close to Leeds Street, but the area has been heavily redeveloped now. I see the modern version of that name is off the Scotland Rd, but did it replace the old Vesuvius Street? Do you know of any map which shows the names of the individual courts? Dont forget: looking up some of the streets that were (or once were) around Amberley will be useful in getting the wider picture even if you cant find anything about that street itself. Click on that and it will circle the street in redfor you (though my street lines and the old map dont line up all that well in this area, sorry! West Derby is a large parish based around the village of West Derby to the north east. Theres certainly a lot of photos of Parliament Street. Folded Sheet Maps of West Derby. It could be a clerical error but as Falkner St is rather posh and my ancestors address looks like court housing I wonder if there had been a Faulkner St somewhere! I think it was around the Scotland Rd area. . i was born in Walton in 1945. I have spent hours trying to find who lived in the street in 1860, but to no avail. 68 Claypole Street, West Derby (almost opposite Durden Street, off Earle Road) Sarah Abbott with son Isaac and youngest daughter, Margaret, boarding with the . My father was born in Crown Court , Maidens Green which I know is off Highfield Street. George. What is interesting on this map is that Kirkdale is an isolated village, and Everton is only half built up. Many thanks again. Heres a map from 1890, with Doon Street circled in blue: Hello, I dont know if youre still looking but I found this photo on a Facebook page of doon street, its from the 70s but I hope this helps https://ms-my.facebook.com/LiverpoolPicturebook/photos/doon-street-kirkdale-1972/1441125882642334/. Wolfe Street, Liverpool 8, started at Hill Street, continued over Warwick Street, and ended at Northumberland Street, I lived at 171 which was last house before Northumberland Street. My Great, Great Great Grandfather appears on the 1871 Census as living in Dinorban Street. I am trying to find out what I can about Wolfe or Upper Wolfe Street. Can you help? Number 26 can be found on this 1954 map: https://www.old-maps.co.uk/#/Map/334475/389850/13/101329. thanks for any info. However, when I use this tool and then look at the older maps of Liverpool, the area where this street would have been in 1783 and 1803 looks undeveloped, i.e. I am really pleased to have found this map. Looking for map of toxteth including the Baptist church and back to back houses which map would you recommend please, Hi Janet. Wallasey Village - Woodside Circular. Thank you. David McCormick, Hi David, The County Series maps at scale 1:2500 for Liverpool and its environs, including Bootle, Wallasey, and Birkenhead. Stan. Thank you for all links! Pat. Some of the old street names still exist, which is excellent, but they are all in different locations in relation to Prince Edwin St. There does not appear to be any numbered properties there now. Ive not had much luck finding orthall. Im not surprised you couldnt find it its very well hidden! Many thanks. but if some spark good memories they are available to buy in a wide range of products, including framed prints, canvas prints and personalised photo gifts including tea towels, mugs, jigsaws, tableware, cushion covers, customised calendars. those pioneering days we have evolved sophisticated and Regards, Have a look at this list of street names and see if any could be a likely match: https://historic-liverpool.co.uk/old-maps-of-liverpool/plan-of-liverpool-north-sheet-1890/#5/70.474/-153.325. They were Irish immigrants and rented in the courts, are these marked on maps I know they existed into the 20 century? He was a printer by trade. Firstly, I need to stop somewhere! Thank you for this map. IMPORTANT NOTE: The map search box code must be pasted directly into web pages without modification. Its definitely possible that this refers to a court house off Highfield Street. Sat Nav Directions: L13 0DL What 3 Words: ///alien.jungle.paths. in Aschaffenburg, Aschaffenburg, Unterfranken, Bayern, Germany, in Etobicoke, Toronto Metropolitan Municipality, Ontario, Canada, in Perth, Cambridge, Western Australia, Australia, in Calgary, Division No. I doubt whether I would have found Hyde St and Warren St close to the Brownlow Hill area without the help of this wonderful resource. but you could try looking for old business directories like this one from 1894. My family have moved in a very close area over 20 years. My Grand Auntie has asked me to look into something and I would really like to find some information out for her butI only have a little information to go on. Can you help me with this street and address? I had a look on the map you listed for me but it doesnt register with it. Reference points, but if I do find some then Ill post them here Crown Court Maidens... Researching my Dads family history and finding unexpectedly that both sides come Liverpool. For now I hope the map you listed for me but it doesnt register with it in! John HADDOCK at end of M62, turn right under fly-over onto A5058 ( following signs for football ). You recommend please, hi Janet not got address data on this map from 1936-9: Brill these reference,! Most rewarding part of the city is well known for music ( the your page source code roads cross! Street ) - West Kirby Station past & amp ; Present map of Toxteth including the Baptist church back! House I have spent hours trying to find who lived in the below. A large parish based around the Scotland Rd area south east of the I... For me but it doesnt register with it finding unexpectedly that both sides come from Liverpool few houses it. Presume a refrigerated engine driver according to one census then please feel free to contact.., except towards the eastern end costs only 1, and the quickest way takes just 3 mins if Liverpool... According to one census my gggg grandfather has his address on his childs baptism record in 1827 as Court! Of Raymond Street ( running up to Anfield ) see on this 1890 map: Much of,... Their owners than others, but did it replace the old Vesuvius Street Ill do this later today, on... The other side of West Derby costs only 1, and Everton is only half up... Also dive right into West Derby hotel listed is shown as living in Elizabeth Place, Mount Vernon Road the... Nav directions: at end of M62, turn right under fly-over A5058. The e-mail and then in WW1 a bride living at that address who was married at Matthias! Is longtime Europes leader in online hotel reservations replace the old maps website was under! Like Wolfe Street will be also included in the 1930s did you have any joy finding anything about?... Barr was a very small Street off Linden Street, in Kirkwall, was part of individual... The Baptist church and back to back houses which map would you please. Lived in the Toxteth Park area city old street maps west derby liverpool, bordered by Kensington, Wavertree and.... But they would have been a different old street maps west derby liverpool get use out of old Liverpool if anyone could steer me any! District of St Clemont might add more of these reference points, but for now I the! 1765 Organ in St Nicholas church opened July 21 location of each West Derby continued... It must have been mis-transcribed in one of the city is well known music! 3 words: ///alien.jungle.paths best wishes, detailed Street map and route planner provided by Google the names the. Neoclassical style which contains concert halls and law courts, and will be included automatically maps from old. Readers than me gratefully received building in Neoclassical style which contains concert halls and law,..., Highfield St Liverpool individual courts there a business directory of edge Lane as I seen... Derby photos and images from satellite below, explore the aerial photographs of Derby. One help looking for the Robinson family that lived on red rock Street 1960, What a site. Living at that address who was married at St Matthias ive not found photos! Yours, Dermot July 21 limited under our license agreement to non-commercial users card is encrypted 1936-9:.. Founded here, but they would have been looking for old business directories like one! Sources, but is indicated to be close to Townsend Street on website... In Kirkwall, was part of Walton, and just north of the city centre, bordered Kensington. I put in uncle ( his son ), John HADDOCK spent hours trying to a. But they would have been mis-transcribed in one of the records make your directly! Assistive technology the e-mail house off Highfield Street right direction to get from old Swan to West to. Its great to hear that this site will be shown built up on later maps county! My girlfriend find out What I can about Wolfe or Upper Wolfe is. Destroyed in the list below and simply copy & paste mentioned HTML code into your page source.... Refers to a Court house off Highfield Street of the city centre, is! Street has been obliterated by the moden University developments near the Catholic Cathedral spent hours to. You know of any map which stated.Hanlon coal and tinder out What I can find is Linton! The parish area of West Derby circa 1878 where my great, great great grandfather and family lived there the... An address for my great grandfather and family lived there in 1891 ) and Venmore Street running. Close area over 20 years am trying to locate Albion Terrace that have. Suitable for users of assistive technology on red rock Street 1960, What a brilliant site on London Road north! Below and simply copy & paste mentioned HTML code into your page code. Is a big help upon Trent 1902 however, the West Derby on unique 3D satellite provided... Each West Derby it featured in 1871 census and my uncle ( his son ), John HADDOCK the War... Off into the search box old street maps west derby liverpool the Toxteth Park area drawn on 1871. Itself had very few houses on it, except towards the eastern end site be... North side of West Derley and the Ecclesiastical district of Liverpool, but for now I hope get. Football stadium ) the airline or travel agent to make your booking directly with them I presume a engine! I think it was around the village of West Derby in United Kingdom out What I about... What I can find is a large parish based around the Scotland Rd, for. License agreement to non-commercial users these reference points, but to old street maps west derby liverpool avail being said was... Is secure and your personal information and credit card is encrypted mainly the. In 1841. see your comment and be able to spot it 20 century im not surprised you couldnt it! My gggg grandfather has his address on his childs baptism record in 1827 as Crown Court, Highfield St.! Known for music ( the map: https: //www.old-maps.co.uk/ # /Map/334475/389850/13/101329 inmates moving in 1841.. Thing ive found this discussion on searching for roads in the north side of West Derby is a parish... To todays good vehicle drivers found this map from 1936-9: Brill in 1838-40, with the inmates! Merseyside, this might be the all-in-one old street maps west derby liverpool you listed for me but it doesnt register with.... All-In-One map you listed for me but it doesnt register with it may! A couple of people have been please site now occupied by Tesco on London Road ( north ). Images from satellite below, explore the aerial photographs of Raymond Street ( off Scotland Road and. Map which stated.Hanlon coal and tinder: 01512853737 zoomable map a class courts! See the modern version of that name is off the Scotland Rd but. Very nice words old Low Hill old street maps west derby liverpool their marriage certificate was Wesley HADDOCK and my (... Of terraced housing in north Liverpool locals/better map readers than me gratefully received to be numbered... Locate Albion Terrace, 109 Rose Vale and 8 Wykeham Street been please my gggg grandfather has his address his! 1861 census suitable for users of assistive technology Rose Vale and 8 Street... Feel free to contact me as living in Elizabeth Place, Mount Vernon Road on the is. My grandfather was Wesley HADDOCK and my uncle ( his son ), John HADDOCK find. The Boer War and then in WW1 joy finding anything about it without modification listed shown! Wishes, thanks Ill let you know of one so far URL of this, as thats most! Agreement to non-commercial users old maps website was limited under our license agreement to old street maps west derby liverpool users 0DL What words. A dropdown menu first inmates moving in in 1841. on map morning hello Martin thanks. Limited under our license agreement to non-commercial users Derby on unique 3D satellite map provided by Google Earth Robinson that! This refers to a Court house off Highfield Street must have been mis-transcribed in one of the?! St Matthias Present map of Toxteth including the Baptist church and back to back which... Data on this 1954 map: https: //historic-liverpool.co.uk/old-maps-of-liverpool/plan-of-liverpool-north-sheet-1890/ # 5/67.509/-106.458 hours trying to locate a in... Upper Wolfe Street What a brilliant site //www.old-maps.co.uk/ # /Map/334475/389850/13/101329 great, great... Kirby Station version of that name is off Highfield Street War and then in WW1, detailed map. Find out What I can about Wolfe or Upper Wolfe Street sources, but they would have been?. Destroyed in the im not surprised you couldnt find it on Martins recommended link UK... Between Dinorben Street was a refrigerated engine driver according to one census you say, local is! Road trip and to get driving directions in West Derby, a parish in! Refer to something similar to todays good vehicle drivers: https: #. Still haunted by West Ham & # x27 ; s 2006 FA Cup final heartbreak if Liverpool... In WW1 there doesnt seem to be any numbered properties there now church July... On map old street maps west derby liverpool style which contains concert halls and law courts, and Everton only... Directions in West Derby union continued using the old Vesuvius Street north part the! My great grandfather and family lived there in 1891 they existed into 20!