These highlights can range from simple and natural to bold and chunky depending on what you prefer. Keep scrolling to learn more about the hairstyle, how to style the shag, and get inspiration: Short, shaggy hairstyles got their name due to its relaxed, layered, textured appearance. Similar to a mullet, the style features more body and volume at the crown of the head (the head of the octopus) and then longer, thinner, shag-like layers from the mid-shaft to ends (the tentacles). TO0729 Hair Retexture Mesh Needed. Results will differ based on your hair type, thickness, and length. The platform's latest trend revolves around a DIY shag ponytail cut that seems to be an amazing look for some and one big yikes for others.As with anything TikTok-related, we suggest slowing your rolls before impulsively trying this out. It is a simple hairstyle which has been enhanced with those side swept bangs. Thin hair really benefits from regular trims to avoid those straggly ends that can make fine hair look even finer. If you have very fine hair and want a medium to long hairstyle, adding choppy layers can create lift and volume. However, you would need to be very careful to have all the hair combed evenly and aligned within the ponytail to avoid any unevenness. The butterfly haircut is a far softer, more subtle look than, say, beachy waves or pin-straight locks. Shorter layers on top make a high ponytail the easiest choice. One of the keys to the lob haircut is the swing-y nature of the style. "Oh, and have a salon on speed dial just in case things go wrong," he says. The long shag haircut is a modern twist on the classic 70s layered look, making this style perfect for women who have long and thick hair. Consider this your go-to curly hairstyling guide. The shag can show off highlights and lowlights on all hair textures and types, making it appear naturally healthy and fuller. This specific style in our list of shag haircuts for women over 60 is best suited for older ladies with curls. We mentioned that this . This style is still one of the most coveted wavy hairstyles for women with short or medium-to-long hair. Sign up for Yahoo Lifes daily newsletter, Mom's viral photos of daughter send powerful message, A 'crisis': 1 in 4 Black transgender, nonbinary youths attempted suicide in previous year, study finds, Elizabeth Banks on learning to 'age gracefully': 'I've never felt more confident', Explaining Jessa Duggar Seewald's spontaneous abortion and dilation and curettage procedure, How I support my child in the face of Utah's ban on gender-affirming health care. Or a DIY short bob haircut? And sometimes, all you need is a trim to keep your hair looking healthy and full. An experienced stylist can carefully cut layers and bangs to frame your best features for an attractive and relatively low-maintenance style. If you've ever thought about cutting your own hair, you're not alone. In the case of a shag cut, that means holding various sections of hair at different angles, depending on where they're located on your head luckily, Atlanta-based hairstylist Sara Cappelli broke down the entire process with a TikTok tutorial in response to the viral trend. If you so much as glanced at TikTok in 2022, chances are you saw someone giving themselves a wolf cut or other shag variation at home. This youthful and slightly edgy style works well with different hair types and can be easy to maintain and grow out. The Shag with Volume - Pump up your shag hairstyle. Lisa Rinna's . Snip. How can I make my wolf cut look better? What Happens If You Cut Your Hair In A Ponytail. You dont have to cut much to get dramatic layers, so I recommend starting with a 1/2-inch. Source: www.hairstyleslife.com. The recommendations in this article will be directed at women in their 60s. Dont be afraid to give any outliers a quick, imperfect trim. "As much of a trend as this is, there is chance things may go horribly wrong for you." Here's my easy short shaggy bob tutorial, cutting my hair from a pony tail. I did it once in an emergency and it wasn't too different from the cuts I got in the 00s. Tie a second hair tie at the bottom to hold the ends together and determine how much youd like to take off. If any pieces look longer than the others, I trim them. You don't have to go drastically shorter in the back to get the effects of the inverted bob, which slims and flatters any face shape. The messy lob haircut is a shoulder-length style with multiple layers that add texture and flow. The Best RED BALAYAGE Ever! #3. For a more refined and elegant look, use a texturizing pomade to separate the ends of your layers and tame any flyaways. The shag is also a great hairstyle for natualistas who are big chopping their hair. I couldnt stomach spending $30 to trim a few wisps of hair every month, so I took matters into my own hands. While the hairstyle started in the 70s, modern shags offer a versatile haircut that . Kushneet Kukreja Allow some layers to remain free for a stylishly shaggy look. "It is a heavily layered, feathered haircut, with the shortest . In theory, you would end up with a cut very similar to a shag haircut. A shag haircut with highlights can be a fantastic way to add some personality to your style. The thick hair shag can be a wonderful way to add some movement and bounce to even the thickest tresses. The shag can be adapted to work for all face shapes and hair textures, Wiley says, so it can be flattering on anyone. All Rights Reserved. The shoulder-length shag exudes class when straightened with a flat iron but can give you an edgy and youthful look with some texturizing product and a quick scrunch. This allows the hair to appear more voluminous with a flattering body to suit any face shape. If you want a few inches off, or a complete hairstyle change, cutting your own hair in a ponytail is not the way to go as it will leave it looking uneven and choppy. Pixie Shag - Super short shag cut. Rinna rose to fame in the early '90s before going on to be on "The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills." . The blonde shag haircut offers a fantastic opportunity to completely transform your look. #thesalonguy #hairtutorial #ponytailDoes the ponytail haircut really work?Buy My Hair Products!USE EXCLUSIVE CODE: YOUTUBE20 http://www.thesalonguy.com/shopDownload my FREE app to help you get great haircuts.iOS: https://apps.apple.com/us/app/rockpaper-hair-cuts-color/id1526937211Android: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.therockpaper.android Gear and Amazon Items I use: https://www.amazon.com/shop/thesalonguy (affiliate link) BUY MY BOOK HERE: http://a.co/enzCqv5https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmi9wFeEZCV9gMDO-Sw_F-w/joinNow posting 5x a week! ADVERTISEMENT. Take your hair down and tidy things up. . This classic shag style oozes charm and confidence. Comment * document.getElementById("comment").setAttribute( "id", "a4694805ded7f225da96824275ecde8d" );document.getElementById("b506e32aca").setAttribute( "id", "comment" ); document.getElementById( "ak_js_1" ).setAttribute( "value", ( new Date() ).getTime() ); This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. The curtain bangs with outwards ends also add to the edginess of the style. "Cut it too short and your layers will be completely unable to blend," he explains. With some subtle and modern twists, there are a lot of vintage styles that women over 60 can flaunt. . Input your search keywords and press Enter. Either way, a good wolf cut will feature lots of layers at your crown to create volume, texture, and movement, Biancone tells Bustle. For women over 60, wash-and-go hairstyles are their best friends! Short Wavy Ponytail. The fullness at the top paired with carefully placed layers creates a refreshing and youthful appearance that is easy to maintain. For us gals (and guys!) Watch on. The layered cut with textured ends adds a modern and youthful vibe to your look, while its volumizing power gives life to your hair. I'm Athena, your personal Hair Assistant. Snip. It is a low-maintenance hairstyle and does not require hours to nail the look. The hairstyle with its flicked-out ends and cute bangs is perfect for women with fine hair. Always make sure your ponytail is center. The modern shag is choppy and has lots of texture but doesn't make you look like you're in an '80s hair metal band. The reason why people aim for getting a shorter cut is various but mainly because they are stylish, trendy and easy to maintain. A talented and experienced stylist can cut your hair in a way that puts the focus on your face not your bangs. If your hair is naturally wavy or even curly, shaggy layers can be ideal for that edgy rock-and-roll look that is on-trend today. A new at-home haircutting method has gone viral on TikTok: the ponytail shag cut. Share any \"how to cut your own hair at home\" / \"hair cutting for amateurs\" tips below!Disclaimer: I'm NOT a professional colorist or hair stylist. Wearing a shag haircut on fine hair can help add more body and volume through the top and mid-shaft of the hair. For us gals (and guys!) Andrea Cottin, a stylist at Propaganda Salon in Portland, Oregon, says lots of folks will be rocking a shorter pixie shag this year. Shag Hairstyle with Curtain Bangs Basically, you need to stand in front of the mirror, then squeeze the hair elastic, slowly pulling your ponytail straight up. In one hand, she grasped the end of the pony and held it straight upward a pair of kitchen scissors sat in . Plus, for lots of people, hair is just hair at the end of the day it grows back, no big deal. But don't just take our word for it, these are tried and tested hairstyles worn by some of the most famous women in the world! While all shags are meant to be easy to style, this ones particularly low-maintenance simply tousle and go. Learn all about the trendy and cool shag hairstyle and how to style it with a modern twist. Buzz Cut Lengths It works best for women who have longer hair, but it can also help shorter hair look more natural. From hair trends to relationship advice, our daily newsletter has everything you need to sound like a person whos on TikTok, even if you arent. Even a pixie cut can be a shag cut. The modern shag is razored for a softer subtler look and offers a contrasting style compared to the blunt feathered layers of the classic cut. Longer layers offer some additional texture while shorter layers incorporate bounce and movement into your style. If you get tired of the intense layering, you can always have it trimmed to the shorter layers and sport a chin-length bob. Great for women who have fine or thin hair, removing some length with carefully cropped layers adds volume and lift while framing the face beautifully. This hairstyle with its choppy and razor-edged layers, highlights, and bangs can make you look fab every single day. As celebrity hairstylistJuan Carlos Maciqueswarns (viaGood Housekeeping),"When people attempt to trim their ends by pulling all the hair forward on both sides, this leaves uneven ends and a gap in the center back of the hair.". This wavy hairstyle works well on all face shapes and the styling technique is equivalent to the curly gals wash and go hairstylewash, add some product, dry, and go! The . Its safe to say that shag hairstyles and curly strands go hand-in-hand. A stunning layered shag haircut can take your medium to long hair from lifeless and limp to bouncy and youthful. With no age limit, this trendy look will never go out of style. A young woman, alone in her bathroom, swept her long, wavy hair into a high ponytail. Some carefully placed layers and wispy fringe to frame the face can turn your straight hair into a romantic, playful masterpiece. Lots of folks DIY the look at home by tying their hair up into a ponytail to pull strands forward before giving them a chop, but its also something you can ask for at the salon. She says that her DIY haircut tip is great for those with layered haircuts that at are leastshoulder-length, and in even better news, it works well on most hair textures. If you want a few inches off, or a complete hairstyle change, cutting your own hair in a ponytail is not the way to go as it will leave it looking uneven and choppy. This style mixes a blunt cut, which is created when your stylist cuts straight across with scissors, with shorter and choppier layers above the cut. It's pretty cute and classy at the same time. 2023 BDG Media, Inc. All rights reserved. While the octopus features shorter layers around your head, a long shag simply has longer layers throughout. This bouncy hairstyle with multiple layers looks super glam and stylish! Lisa Rinna's iconic spiky bob haircut has become a trademark for her, and while she's worn the edgy look for decades, it's not the only style you'll catch her in. It means the world to me! These days, the perfect short shag hairstyles have the right amount of volume, lots of movement, and a nicely defined wave. It will add volume, where it's needed or, on the contrary, decrease it, offering you a beneficial texture and ease of styling. Basically, an overall rock n roll vibe. These playful shoulder-length curls can be pulled up into pineapple hair. The term curtain is used to describe the face-framing layers that slightly cover and accentuate the face. These shag haircut styles can be combined with different hair types, lengths and textures to create beautiful looks. The curly shag is a cute haircut that features volume, flow and texture for a stylish finish. No wonder it's one of the most popular hairstyles for plus-sized women! Before we get into that, let's talk about why gathering and snipping hair like this creates these kinds of layers in the first place. That said, if you're absolutely set on getting a shag haircut and doing it at home, the experts would rather you use a different method (and a high-quality pair of shears, please and thank you). Because this method results in long layers, its not great for those with short hair or who dont like a shaggy look. This one traces from the history and feels more of a retro style with that subtle side sweep and a fuzzy cloudy texture. 2. The ombre can take on a more natural look if you stick to shades of brown and blonde. What's best about this shag is its versatility and distinctive style. Sign up to our newsletter and get exclusive hair care tips and tricks from the experts at All Things Hair. Elsa Hairstyle Tutorial. Let the front pieces hang down or make use of barrettes or bobby pins. And even though my hair has since thickened up a smidge and I dont throw it in a bun all the time, I still cut it at home using the ponytail method. If you love the sexy and feminine 1970s Farrah Fawcett appeal, you can have a very similar look. I couldnt stomach spending $30 to trim a few wisps of hair every month, so I took matters into my own hands. Follow These Steps to Create a Sleek Long Ponytail. Created By. A refreshing shag haircut for women over 60 is a perfect way to revitalize your look and give your hair some youthful volume. Brook also predicts that the cub cut aka the shorter version of the wolf cut will be huge in 2023. 06 of 08. . Shag haircuts for women over 60 create heavily layered and textured styles. Smooth hair into a ponytail at the top of the hairline . For many women, shag haircuts reflect a laid-back, messy style. Over the last year, Rinna has attended a variety of shows at Fashion Weeks across the globe, including New York and London, and made appearances at some big award shows this season. You can still pull these simple layers back into a ponytail as long as you're cool with a little fringe in the front, which is trending right now. This style looks amazing on all hair types, textures, and densities. And, regardless of the type you go with, its meant to have that messy, cool-girl vibe. You can either keep the hair length until the nape or even go an inch shorter. The longer length also makes it easy to put your hair up, with a few stylish wisps on display. A talented stylist can create perfect face-framing layers designed to complement your unique face shape and features. Cutting layers into curly hair removes the weight, so while the layers wont be as visible, they will provide your curls with more luster and bounce. This way, you can achieve the look you want without having to touch up your roots every few weeks. Step 3 | Bring ends forward and decide where to cut. It first started when my fine hair began thinning a decade ago. Shaggy hairstyles generally feature layered cuts and choppy bangs with textured styling for a casual and cute look. Whether your blonde hair is natural or bleached to a platinum hue, this look can truly accentuate your personality. It is a low-maintenance hairstyle and ideal for women with long faces. The wolf haircut is shorter in the front and longer in the back (giving it a mullet vibe), as well as layered pieces throughout. Instead, split the hair into smaller sections and point cut into the hair so its more blended and forgiving.". Short shag haircuts come into their unapologetic own under this category, where high-contrast, high-octane details reign supreme This iconic style can look wonderful on any woman. Go for that full-grunge look with your bob by adding shaggy layers and bangs. Comb your hair and mark how long you want your shag cut to be. There are stylists who use this technique to make initial cuts with very long hairstyles. 16. Sometimes a mess is best! Hairstylist Lindsay Zinger from Tampa, FL specializes in shag using plier razors. Try out the choppy layers and add bangs for more movement. The different textures make your hair look fuller and its short length also lets you show off your gorgeous facial features. Fellow New York City hairstylist Erickson Arrunategui adds that, although many people are quite happy with the results of their own DIY cuts, the ponytail chop isn't exactly universally sound. Styling-wise for a shag, its all about the lived-in, textured look, Ellis tells Bustle. The "mixie" haircut trend combines the mullet and the pixie haircut. The 8 Top Haircuts For Fall 2022, According to Experts. Not only are hair salons expensive, but when you already have to pay for shampoo, conditioner, hairbrushes, straighteners and blow dryers for your home, it can really add up. According to Jamie Wiley, a hairstylist and founder and CEO of HAIRBOSS, any haircut that features layers at the top and sides with feathered ends is considered a shag. As an exception to the rule, this style is known for piecey short layers that feature volume rather than remove thickness. As of late, Rinna has been experimenting more with her hairstyles. The technique involves pulling your dry strands into a high ponytail at the top of your head. Try out the style on curly natural hair for a voluminous look. Its been so popular and continues to be because its versatile and customizable, she tells Bustle. Monday - Friday!For Orders in Europe, SHOP HERE:https://www.slikhaarshop.com/brands/the-salon-guyhttps://www.moquer.com/the-salon-guyGear and Amazon Items I use: https://www.amazon.com/shop/thesalonguyFollow me:http://www.twitter.com/TheSalonGuyhttp://www.instagram.com/TheSalonGuyhttp://www.facebook.com/thesalonguyhttp://www.thesalonguy.comSUBSCRIBE: http://goo.gl/aWSkjEBusiness email contact: stephen@thesalonguy.com Thanks so much for your interest in my videos and my brand \"TheSalonGuy\". Check out this voluminous shag which is a great take on a classic 70s and 80s hairstyle. It appears that Rinna is in her experimentation era, but this is only the beginning. The allure of red hair is irresistible, and it draws the attention of everyone in the room. I have no clue what I'm doing. This style will suit women with long or square face types. Keep scrolling for a peek at 2023s biggest shag haircut trends in case you need a little inspo for your Pinterest board. When sporting bright colors, make sure to keep your color protected by washing with a set like Nexxus Color Assure Shampoo and Conditioner. Long Layered Haircuts. Spritz your twist with TRESemm Thermal Creations Heat Tamer Spray to protect hair before blowdrying. As celebrity hairstylist Juan Carlos Maciques warns (via Good Housekeeping ), "When people attempt to trim . The wispy look is popular with women over 40 since it adds movement and flow to thinning and fine hair, but everyone can rock variations of this style. The Classic Sleek Shag - The tidied-up shag. If you want a textured look with multiple choppy layers, just be sure the shortest ones can be pulled back into a ponytail or tucked behind your ears. Related:The 10 Best Curly Hair Products To Create a Full, Frizz-Free Routine For . She helps run the brand's social media accounts on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Snapchat, and TikTok, where she's happily behind the scenes. Miller also warns against using household scissors, or any scissors that require you to make those big, loud chopping motions. Popular with women who have thicker hair, adding bangs and layers will remove some of your hairs weight to create lift and movement. This blond hairstyle is flirty, romantic and casually sexy. It's not every day that I get to say this, but I recently saw a TikTok that made my jaw drop. Get your A-game on with this super stylish shag with stunning layers and textures. Short Shag - The classic look, but shorter. This is a great way to modernize the vintage style. First things first, the shag hairstyle is all about texture. Keep scrolling to get inspo for your need look. Revlon . Blunt Bobs. If you want something thats truly edgy and fresh, try peekaboo highlights. The short length of the hairstyle along with those long bangs form a beautiful frame for your face, and also cover your large forehead. Bring the end of the ponytail forward so you can see the ends when you trim them. According to holistic hairstylist Roxie Jane Hunt, DIY haircuts are actually safe if you just want a slight tidy up or micro-trim (via Refinery29). BoConcept/Shutterstock. This allows the hair to appear more voluminous with a flattering body to suit any face shape.. Hairstylist Lindsay Zinger from Tampa, FL specializes in shag using plier razors. The wavy shag haircut is a refreshing and beautiful take on classic beachy waves. A shag haircut with bangs is perfect for women who like the idea of a style with fringe, but dont want to commit to stark, straight bangs. Since dealing with thin, fine hair is common for women over 60, the need to find hairstyles that will make their hair look bouncy and voluminous becomes significant. Try out a subtle shag style on medium hair. Photo: @chrisappleton1. Mother of the Groom Hairstyles The fact that shags arent meant to be precise is exactly what makes them so appealing and partially why theyre sticking around as a major hair trend in 2023. A Look Back at Lisa Rinna's Best Hair Moments Over the Years, Natalia Dyer Lights Up Paris Fashion Week With Fiery New Hair Color, Tessa Thompson's Red Hair Color Is Proof the Trend Is Alive and Well, Honey-Blond Hair Will Never Go Out of Style, Courteney Cox's Milk-Bath Nails Deserve Their Own Hollywood Star, "Outer Banks" Had No Business Making Rafe Look This Fine With a Buzz Cut. You can have a curved or straight line parted on either side of your hair to create a mesmerizing result. From perfectly straight hair to a curly look with bangs, there are many ways to style the shag haircut. When you recreate this look, youre sure to recognize that retro vibe! Once youre shagged up, Wiley says you can keep your layers defined by getting trims every six to eight weeks or you can simply leave it to its own devices. Shaggy Inverted Lob. Zobey Barker, a hairstylist from Mystic, CT, shares her fondness for this cut. The ponytail haircut method is often used to cut hair at home to create a layered look. To soften the edgy layers, ask your hairstylist to give you soft, wispy bangs. . Opting for lots of layers when you visit. Youre guaranteed to end up with a few mistakes and stray hairs with this method. Curly faux hawk talking about curly hairstyles for ladies over 60, this faux hawk updo is to. It's predecessor, the mullet, has a history dating back centuries. Varying adornments can be utilized with this haircut, and some examples could be clasps, bobs, and braids. You may also notice that the middle part is far more noticeable on straight hair than curly or wavy hair, so keep that in mind before you commit to the style. I work with major brands, local businesses and individuals looking to expand and grow.My videos will be focused on celebrity hairstyles, athletes, models, actors, social media stars and event videos. Matthew McConaughey: Actor, Heart-Throb . This haircut is definitely one of the top contenders on the list of trending hairstyles today, so go ahead and flaunt this style. Its a win-win haircut for women who want to look their best without having to deal with styling equipment on a daily basis. Luis Miller, a hairstylist and colorist in New York City, concurs. Cut one slide slightly longer than the other for a modern, face-framing look. This trendy finish involves dark roots that fade into medium-length light blonde layered waves, while the cut adds layers that accentuate the bold difference in hair tones. a decade ago. In one hand, she grasped the end of the pony and held it straight upward a pair of kitchen scissors sat in the other. A few flips of my thumb later and I saw another person in their bathroom, ponytail in one hand and scissors in the other. What a beautiful way to frame your face while staying on trend! A long, tousled shag looks just as great thrown up into a ponytail as it does when its worn down. Hairstylist Glenn Ellis has noticed more clients asking for wolf cuts with a heavy bang. At each event, she's taken the opportunity to test out a completely different look, shocking fans in the process. With the right cut, the long shag adds texture, dimension, and movement to your locks with layers while framing your face for a stylish finish. Stylist Theresa Przybyla of Austin, TX says, "It brings out the natural body in the . Looking for ways to make your shag stand-out from the crowd? Bobs are a tremendous hit with women of all ages and even women in their 50s and 60s have embraced this cute, The modern shag is known for its classic combinations, such as this. This classic textured shag is a great style for women who would like to make their hairstyle look bouncier and more dimensional. Medium Shag Haircuts. Make the shag style 100% on-trend by adding curtain bangs to the look. While it still works, there will be a dramatic difference between the layers at the front and the back of your head (the hairs along your hairline will be much closer to the trim line than the hairs at the base of your neck). The original shag with fringe bangs became popular from the 70s and 80s rock and roll scene, she says. The top layers are cut in a way that can be worn on their own in a shaggy bob-like look, while the lengths get tucked under., To get some lift, focus a volumizing spray on the areas where you want to see more movement. Adding a bit of shag to a trendy lob hairstyle is a great way to add more movement and interest to the look. Rounded Curls We adore this diplomatic, wear-anywhere cut. A mid-length is the perfect length to have curly hair at where youre able to show off your texture with your hair still being manageable. Rinna has tried everything from long, wavy hair to a curly pixie, side bangs, and "Birkin" bangs, but she seems to always come back to her bob much like many of us have our favorite looks that we return to again and again. The method makes it astoundingly easy to cut hair way shorter than you'd intended. . A casual ponytail is a stylish choice that can be virtually anything you want it to be. By clicking Accept All Cookies, you agree to the storing of cookies on your device to enhance site navigation, analyze site usage, and assist in our marketing efforts. The wearable cut is perfect for anyone who wants a low-maintenance hairstyle. This is a great style to wear for those with medium or shoulder length hair. And another and another. The shag haircut is a loose, undone look that doesnt have to be too perfect. We love everything about this . According to Zinger, the biggest benefit of this cut is it demands minimal styling. Casual Ponytail. Its truly the best of both worlds, and its one of the best cuts for women who want to go from professional nine-to-five to red carpet ready in a matter of minutes. Its completely up to you. Crossword Solver Quick Help. Just like wavy hair, curly strands love a good shag haircut. You can still have a long shag cut and wear the hair in a pony tail. It works best on medium-length hair but can be adapted for short or long lengths, too, Biancone says. Long Shag Haircut. Next, we have this choppy face-framing shag haircut. These hairstyles are the best way to flaunt your hair. Grab a sharp pair of scissors and cut in a straight line across your hair for a clean cut. It works on almost every hair . Image Source: Getty / Juan Naharro Gimenez. Source. How high depends on the layers you want (which I will discuss below). Oof. The MNhaircut is making a tight unicorn ponytail just above your forehead and point cutting into it. Grab a hair tie and gather your curls loosely on top of your head. Since I want mine to be a little more subtle, I tie my ponytail slightly in front of the crown of my head instead of along my hairline. Its a shag that is almost like two haircuts in one, she tells Bustle. You can add thick bangs or side-swept fringe. Check out this, This specific style in our list of shag haircuts for women over 60 is best suited for. Expert hair stylists recommend that letting your curls naturally frame your face is the best option which is why this natural curly shag is one of their top choices.