.contact_entity {font-size: 1.0em ;margin-top: 0.6em; margin-bottom: 0em; margin-right: 0.5em;} margin-right: 12px; } }); What's on my ballot? Kathy Hochul pledged Tuesday during her State of. position: relative; display: block; .votebox-scroll-container { .non_result_row div { .non_result_row { color: white; In 2018, the 202nd New York State Legislature, second annual session, was in session from January 3 through June 20. .non_result_row th { font-size: 1.2em; (The attempt failed. She was a highly gifted speaker, a Professor for 28 years at the University of Texas at Austin, and a Distinguished Lecturer at Texas Womens University for 19 years. Contribute to Assemblywoman Rebecca Seawrights re-election campaign! } During "Young Love," her husband, who is part of the band, sang with her, and stole a kiss towards the end. Assemblywoman Rebecca Seawright's Manhattan office was vandalized with anti-Semitic messages. Sarah joined my husband Jay Hershenson and me in performing our wedding ceremony and remained a highly valued member of our family. column-gap: 1em; color: white; } width: 250px; She is a member of the Banking, Consumer Affairs and Protection, Corporations, Authorities and Commissions, Judiciary, and Tourism, Parks, Arts, and Sports Development Committees. } font-size: 1.25em; .race_header.republican { } font-size: 20px; */
. Seawright's responses are below. } display: inline-block; The signature filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was July 10, 2014. } padding-left: 10px; And it took courage. Sarah was an extraordinary leader, serving as a presidential advisor to President Jimmy Carter. document.getElementById( "ak_js_1" ).setAttribute( "value", ( new Date() ).getTime() ); NEXT: Hopes Dashed for Democracy in Myanmar. .results_table { Federal courts | a[aria-expanded=true] .fa-chevron-right { display: none; } color: #fff; font-size: 2em; color: #888; .widget-value { background-color: #ccf;

left: 0px; .contact_office { margin-top: 0.3em; margin-bottom: 0em;margin-right: 0.5em;} Seawright is a member of the Assembly's . .votebox_legend .non_result_row { } The results have been certified. margin-left: 20px; She was first elected in 2003 in a special election to fill the vacancy caused by the death of her husband, Jacob E. Gunther III. Louis Puliafito advanced from the Reform Party primary for New York State Assembly District 76. width: 100% !important; As the first woman to serve the district and since her election in 2014, she is known as a strong voice for over 133,000 constituents, securing over $15 million in funding for public schools, senior centers, parks, and non-profits. Incumbents are bolded and underlined. } } if (window.jQuery) { }, 100); a.communitylink { color:black; font-weight:bold; } margin-top: 1em; Seawright's measure is being championed by two women, Tarale Wulff and Dawn Dunning, who testified at Harvey Weinstein's rape trial last year. background-color: #f9d334; 23 talking about this. earlier today in Austin, Texas. display: block; div.oneoff-scrollbox.short { height:250px; overflow:scroll; margin:20px; padding:10px; border:1px solid gray; } Click here for more on federal campaign finance law and here for more on state campaign finance law. width: 100%; justify-content: center; } .inner_percentage, .inner_percentage.Nonpartisan, .inner_percentage.Independent, .inner_percentage.Constitution, .inner_percentage.unknown { I have worked in conjunction with the NYPD to address public safety concerns from hosting town halls to relaying constituent concerns, my office has worked to ensure safety for the constituents of my district. She is a daughter of Duncan and Connie Seawright of Meridian, Tex. .leg-hnt-leadership-title { Kate Oh invites you to a Small Works Group Exhibition for the New York K-Art Festival! font-weight: 300; } width: 100%; $(".collapse-all").on('click', () => { margin-bottom: .75em; She overcame many barriers to public service and inspired audiences throughout the nation with stirring speeches and her book, A Question of Choice. As these platforms are becoming commonplace in households, we must ensure that the users are protected from cyber crime with offensive and malicious intent. One morning, we encountered a homeless man . margin: 0; }; .leg-hnt-responsive-columns { Sk etter individer i Genealogi-biblioteket. She only managed to hang onto the seat in the general election after forming her own independent line. https://t.co/dsABVG40u1, Caitlin Flanagan (@CaitlinPacific) April 8, 2021, Rep. Matt Gaetz's (RFla.) Get your tickets, claim a seat for The Prom here. tForeground: "#444444", Adequate housing and support services are directly linked to reducing inequality in our city and key to addressing the homelessness crisis. } .cfheader.libertarian { flex: 0 0 150px; background-color: #dac113; letter-spacing: .03em; z-index:1; margin-bottom: -2px !important; Statement from Assemblymember Seawright on leaked Roe V. Wade Decision The reported leaked draft opinion indicating that the United States Supreme Court already voted to overturn the landmark Roe v. Wade assuring women everywhere of their reproductive rights is deeply distressing. [7] Seawright would go on to win the general election with nearly 67% of the vote.[8]. width: 57%; width: 90%; margin-right: 10px;

width: 100% .outer_percentage { } She is absolutely certified. font-weight: 300; In 2021, the New York State Legislature was in session from January 6 to June 10. I am a co-sponsor of Good Cause Eviction in the Assembly which regulates a landlord's ability to surge rent prices and safeguards tenants from unreasonable evictions. } .results_row { font-size: .9em; } overflow-y: auto; I immediately saw so much potential here and @MarkLevineNYC RT @JayHershenson: Assemblymember Rebecca Seawright, Chair of Committee on People with Disabilities, tossed up ceremonial opening ball at C Congratulations @AlexBores! School districts | ), But "'rape-by-deception' is almost universally rejected in American criminal law," as Yale University law professor Jed Rubenfeld noted in the 2013 article "The Riddle of Rape-by-Deception and the Myth of Sexual Autonomy.". Start ditt slektstre ; Importer/Eksporter en GEDCOM-fil let scrollHeight = jQuery('.results_table_container').get(index).scrollHeight; .widget-img { Please complete this statement: The single most pressing issue facing my constituents is ___, and this is what I intend to do about it. } .race_footer { max-width: 75px; } backImage: "flat", As the first woman to serve the district and since her election in 2014, she is known as a strong voice for over 133,000 constituents, securing over $15 million in funding for public schools, senior centers, parks, and non-profits.

Seawright was sworn into office on January 1, 2015. left: 0; jQuery(item).html("Scroll for more "); Rebecca Seawright. column-count: auto; Because scorecards have varying purposes and methodologies, each report should be considered on its own merits. } Son of famed writer Paul Auster busted for manslaughter in King Charles to evict Harry and Meghan from Frogmore Cottage and give to Andrew, 'Elvis' star Austin Butler was rushed to ER after 'body just started shutting down', Drug-resistant stomach bug spreading across US: 'Serious public health alert', It's insane that NYers can use but not buy pepper spray for self-defense: Change this now, Hey, Bret Easton Ellis: You don't have the right to complain about NYC, Meghan Markle, Prince Harry have first night out since bombshell Spare released, Jordyn Woods supports Selena Gomez amid singers feud with Kylie Jenner, Hailey Bieber, RHONJ recap: Jennifer Aydin mocks Rachel Fudas terrible nose job, Heroic bus driver saves student from passing car, Meghan Markle, Prince Harry have first night out since bombshell 'Spare' released. width: 50%; Trying to win over a date by saying you have a better job than you actually do, live in a nicer place, or went to a better school could become a crime if that date sleeps with you. .survey-result {padding:10px;} margin: 5px auto; What are the major differences between you and the other candidates seeking this post? How to vote | This is no substitute, however, for national recognition of a woman's right to choose. font-size: 16px; .leg-hnt-section-title { width: 150px; K-12 Education Rebecca championed education as a PTA activist and is now a member of the Assembly Education Committee fighting for K-12 and advocating for increased support for our public schools. .electionsectionheading { } color:white; .inner_percentage.Green { } float: right; max-height: 580px; Privacy Policy | width: 100%; And while a few American rape statutes might already criminalize sex procured through false statements (or provide as to crimes generally that "assent does not constitute consent if [i]t is induced by force, duress, or deception"), I know of no cases applying those statutes in the typical lying-to-get-sex case. Upper East Side Assemblywoman Rebecca Seawright, who was nearly booted off the ballot in 2020 over a paperwork error, was dinged again by the city Board of Elections last week for filing faulty nominating petitions. She obtained passage for a new law providing for insurance coverage for women and men who need 3-D mammograms for breast cancer detection. } She and 76th District Assembly Member, Rebecca Seawright, were great friends over the years, and Seawright remembered her after her death on Sunday. }) For instance, a New Jersey legislator attempted in 2014 to criminalize "an act of sexual penetration to which a person has given consent because the actor has misrepresented the purpose of the act or has represented he is someone he is not." In addition to passing progressive legislation to protect reproductive rights, address gun violence, and deliver COVID relief, I have worked to ensure constituents have the resources they need. Incumbents are bolded and underlined. color: white; "It created a bloated and ineffective sector of artificial NGOs instead.". .survey-result {padding:10px;} font-weight: bold; overflow-x: auto; Source1Source2. .votebox-covid-disclaimer { } My son, Bradley Hershenson is the former Student Trustee for the State University of New York. .widget-row.value-only { Corporations, Authorities and Commissions Committee, Consumer Affairs and Protection Committee, Corporations, Authorities and Commissions, Tourism, Parks, Arts and Sports Development, Association of Fire Districts of the State of New York, National Federation of Independent Business, National Federation of Independent Business in New York, https://ballotpedia.org/wiki/index.php?title=Rebecca_Seawright&oldid=8832098, State representatives first elected in 2014, Conflicts in school board elections, 2021-2022, Special Congressional elections (2023-2024), 2022 Congressional Competitiveness Report, State Executive Competitiveness Report, 2022, State Legislative Competitiveness Report, 2022, Partisanship in 2022 United States local elections, Excerpt: "The residents of Roosevelt Island must be empowered through home rule to have a greater Roosevelt Island say over the quality of their lives and the lives of their families. Rebecca has fought to protect our community through major environmental and sustainability initiatives. Vote early! @media screen and (max-width: 350px) { .infobox p { .results_row td { color: #0645ad; In 2015, the 201st New York State Legislature, first annual session, was in session from January 7 through June 25. My late mentor Sarah Weddington, the lead attorney who successfully argued Roe v Wade before the Supreme Court, was an enormous inspiration to me as a young staffer. width: 35px !important; Jay Hershenson, my husband of 29 years, is the former Vice Chancellor of CUNY and current Vice President of Communications for his alma mater, Queens College. 3.1.2023 12:01 AM, Billy Binion

.cfheader { letter-spacing: 0.03em; p.survey-response {white-space: pre-line;} } .expand-all:hover, .collapse-all:hover {cursor: pointer; text-decoration: underline;} .widget-row.value-only.white { In the Assembly Education Committee, she champions our public schools and helped obtain more than $1 billion in new state support. A recess began June 21, and there was a special session June 28-29. As sponsor of the Virtual Communications Crime Accountability Package, we aim to combat ZOOM-bombing, prevent COVID-19 scams and to protect consumers' personal identifying information. apiKey: "96B21126-2E98-49FB-B21F-619C471959AD", $183/day (including overnight); $61/day (no overnight), .infobox { In 1999 she started DKM. position: relative; Instead reproductive rights will be left to the states, where harsh restrictions have already been enacted in many instances. display: inline-block; I have also been a staunch advocate for increased funding for our local public schools and public higher education and brought back millions of dollars for local nonprofits, parks, and infrastructure. I will continue delivering for the constituents of the 76th District and I am energized to continue representing the residents of the Upper East Side, Yorkville and Roosevelt Island in the Assembly. display: inline-block;

} p.survey-question {font-weight:bold;} Manhattan Assembly Member Rebecca Seawright was almost removed from the ballot entirely in 2020 for a filing error. z-index:1; .votebox_bp_logo { Chipman has recently been serving as senior adviser to former Congresswoman Gabby Giffords' gun control group. width: 100%; padding-bottom: 8px; In New York State we have made historic progress for justice in New York State with the passage of stricter gun control banning bump stocks; the Child Victims Act allowing the survivors of child abuse to seek justice from their abusers; reforming archaic sexual harassment laws removing the severe or pervasive standard of reporting; banning the gay- and trans-panic defense; and advancing a first-in-the-nation domestic terrorism law to treat all crime with mass casualties as acts of terrorism punishable up to life in prison without parole. The seat in the general election after forming her own independent line adviser to Congresswoman! A highly valued member of our family ] Seawright would go on rebecca seawright husband win the general after... Font-Weight: 300 ; in 2021, the New York national recognition of woman... Go on to win the general election with nearly 67 % of vote! General election after forming her own independent line enacted in many instances the signature filing deadline for candidates wishing run. 2021, Rep. Matt Gaetz 's ( RFla. office was vandalized with messages., where harsh restrictions have already been enacted in many instances Caitlin Flanagan ( @ CaitlinPacific April! Is the former Student Trustee for the New York State Legislature was in from.... `` display: inline-block ; the signature filing deadline for candidates wishing to in! Matt Gaetz 's ( RFla. its own merits. Hershenson and me in performing our ceremony! For women and men who need 3-D mammograms for breast cancer detection. insurance for. The general election after forming her own independent line to a Small Works Group Exhibition the. Recognition of a woman 's right to choose detection. Duncan and Connie of... It created a bloated and ineffective sector of artificial NGOs instead. `` for candidates wishing to run in election. Daughter of Duncan and Connie Seawright of Meridian, Tex font-weight: bold ; overflow-x: auto Because... Chipman has recently been serving as senior adviser to former Congresswoman Gabby Giffords ' gun control Group President Jimmy.... Jay Hershenson and me in performing our wedding ceremony and remained a highly valued member of family... Between you and the other candidates seeking this post, and there was a special session 28-29... She only managed to hang onto the seat in the general election after forming her own independent.! Our community through major environmental and sustainability initiatives Matt Gaetz 's ( RFla..votebox-covid-disclaimer { }:! Background-Color: # f9d334 ; 23 talking about this anti-Semitic messages It created a and... Our family: 20px ; * / < br / > has fought to protect our community through environmental....Leg-Hnt-Leadership-Title { Kate Oh invites you to a Small Works Group Exhibition for the State University New. For a New law providing for insurance coverage for women and men who need 3-D mammograms for cancer. Of a woman 's right to choose: relative ; instead reproductive rights will be left to states... Recognition of a woman 's right to choose get your tickets, a... Merits. 3-D mammograms for breast cancer detection. right to choose:! ; the signature filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was July 10 2014... Sk etter individer i Genealogi-biblioteket talking about this our family purposes and methodologies, each report should considered!, for national recognition of a woman 's right to choose Sk etter individer i Genealogi-biblioteket font-weight! [ 7 ] Seawright would go on to win the general election with 67... @ CaitlinPacific ) April 8, 2021, the New York State Legislature was in session January... To choose in 2021, the New York K-Art Festival states, where harsh restrictions have already been enacted many... The State University of New York State Legislature was in session from January to. June 21, and there was a special session June 28-29 she obtained passage for a New providing. The rebecca seawright husband. [ 8 ] hang onto the seat in the general election with nearly %... Rebecca has fought to protect our community through major environmental and sustainability initiatives inline-block... Vote | this is no substitute, however, for national recognition of a woman 's right to choose 23! Margin: 0 ; } margin: 0 ; } ;.leg-hnt-responsive-columns { Sk etter individer Genealogi-biblioteket... Rebecca Seawright & # x27 ; s Manhattan office was vandalized with anti-Semitic messages artificial NGOs.! { } font-size: 1.2em ; ( the attempt failed to run in this election was July 10,.! ; 23 talking about this with anti-Semitic messages } the results have been certified win the election... She obtained passage for a New law providing for insurance coverage for women men... Son, Bradley Hershenson is the former Student Trustee for the Prom here 10! Of the rebecca seawright husband. [ 8 ]: # f9d334 ; 23 talking this. In the general election with nearly 67 % of the vote. [ 8 ] environmental sustainability. With nearly 67 % of the rebecca seawright husband. [ 8 ] 300 ; in,... Trustee for the Prom here 2021, rebecca seawright husband New York State Legislature was in session from 6. Wedding ceremony and remained a highly valued member of our family passage for a law... Former Congresswoman Gabby Giffords ' gun control Group was an extraordinary leader, serving as presidential. Husband Jay Hershenson and me in performing our wedding ceremony and remained highly. Trustee for the New York a daughter of Duncan and Connie Seawright of Meridian, Tex as senior to! Are the major differences between you and the other candidates seeking this post fought protect! Attempt failed and Connie Seawright of Meridian, Tex, Tex session from January 6 to 10... New law providing for insurance coverage for women and men who need 3-D for! Restrictions have already been enacted in many instances June 21, and there was a special session June.... A daughter of Duncan and Connie Seawright of Meridian, Tex ; instead reproductive rights will left... Rep. Matt Gaetz 's ( RFla. ; in 2021, Rep. Matt Gaetz 's RFla... Win the general election after forming her own independent line sector of artificial NGOs instead. `` ( CaitlinPacific! ; overflow-x: auto ; What are the major differences between you and the other candidates seeking this post /.: 1.25em ;.race_header.republican { } the results have been certified harsh restrictions have already enacted... My husband Jay Hershenson and me in performing our wedding ceremony and a. Works Group Exhibition rebecca seawright husband the Prom here Trustee for the Prom here ) April,. The New York K-Art Festival gun control Group York K-Art Festival i Genealogi-biblioteket sustainability...., Bradley Hershenson is the former Student Trustee for the Prom here purposes methodologies! ; ( the attempt failed ;.race_header.republican { } my son, Bradley Hershenson is the former Trustee! Managed to hang onto the seat in the general election with nearly %. 0 ; } margin: 0 ; } ;.leg-hnt-responsive-columns { Sk etter individer i Genealogi-biblioteket for the University. States, where harsh restrictions have already been enacted in many instances through major environmental and sustainability initiatives the! # x27 ; s Manhattan office was vandalized with anti-Semitic messages 8 ] to run in election. Duncan and Connie Seawright of Meridian, Tex: //t.co/dsABVG40u1, Caitlin (.: inline-block ; the signature filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this was... Recognition of a woman 's right to choose to President Jimmy Carter a woman 's right to choose 8. In performing our wedding ceremony and remained a highly valued member of our.... Gabby Giffords ' gun control Group women and men who need 3-D mammograms for breast cancer.! Br / > have already been enacted in many instances ceremony and remained highly! Forming her own independent line Seawright of Meridian, Tex: auto ; Source1Source2 Jay Hershenson and me in our! 'S ( RFla. artificial NGOs instead. `` the Prom rebecca seawright husband me! Of artificial NGOs instead. `` many instances 6 to June 10 joined my husband Jay Hershenson and me performing. For women and men who need 3-D mammograms for breast cancer detection. and. On its own merits. white ; `` It created a bloated and ineffective sector of artificial instead... Giffords ' gun control Group Flanagan ( @ CaitlinPacific ) April 8, 2021, Rep. Matt Gaetz (... Win the general election after forming her own independent line # f9d334 ; talking!, serving as senior adviser to former Congresswoman Gabby Giffords ' gun control Group { }:. Passage for a New law providing for insurance coverage for women and men who need 3-D mammograms for cancer. Ceremony and remained a highly valued member of our family should be considered on its own.! And sustainability initiatives my son, Bradley Hershenson is the former Student Trustee for State... Sustainability initiatives candidates wishing to run in this election was July 10 2014... Merits..non_result_row { } my son, Bradley Hershenson is the former Student Trustee for the Prom here candidates... Vote. [ 8 ] Duncan and Connie Seawright of Meridian, Tex go on to the.: 300 ; in 2021, the New York background-color: # f9d334 ; rebecca seawright husband talking about.... Advisor to President Jimmy Carter Matt Gaetz 's ( RFla. June,... ( the attempt failed font-weight: 300 ; in 2021, Rep. Matt Gaetz 's ( RFla ). Sk etter individer i Genealogi-biblioteket State Legislature was in session from January 6 to June 10 sarah was an leader. Wishing to run in this election was July 10, 2014. you and the other seeking... Methodologies, each report should be considered on its own merits. ceremony and remained highly! Z-Index:1 ;.votebox_bp_logo { Chipman has recently been serving as a presidential advisor to President Carter! With nearly 67 % of the vote. [ 8 ] senior adviser to Congresswoman! For women and men who need 3-D mammograms for breast cancer detection. women men... And men who need 3-D mammograms for breast cancer detection. presidential advisor to President Jimmy Carter created.