Condition is as pictured. Lots of nibblies are passed around by servers before the meal starts - popovers, meatballs, etc. Kelly's. kmb said: I made great tips. I loved Rt 1 in Saugus - and even though I couldn't believe how awful it looks now - back in the 70's and 80's it really was a very cool place. Check it out Today! Description: Vintage Matchbook Red Coach Grill Boston Saugus Wayland Massachusetts 1950s Collectible. Buzzy's Roast Beef : one of our precious few 24 hour places They had the Best Steak & Cheese Subs They has shaved stay and would pour the cheese on the steak. WebThe Red Coach Grill was a restaurant favored by locals for years until a devastating fire destroyed the property in the late 1970s. There are many, but a few come quickly to mind: eat, Icarus, Caffe Umbra, the original Olives in its first location, Biba, Tim's Tavern (for its burgers), Jasper's, On the Park, South End Galleria, O Cantinho, Reef Cafe, the original Salamanders, the original L'Espalier. Saugus as it has been depicted in post cards over the years. Although it began as an individual restaurant, Howard Johnson's turned it into a chain with an eventual thirty-two restaurants. WebRed Coach Grill, Saugus, MA J J P 124 followers More information Red Coach Grill, Saugus, MA Boston Common In Boston Revere Beach Great Memories Childhood Memories Happy Memories Boston Restaurants Cool Restaurant New England Homes More information More information Red Coach Grill, Saugus, MA More like this Robert Lynn Lynn Saugus, MA 01906. Save. Similar Andrea wrote: Teapots and shakers were made of nickel and silver instead of ceramic or stoneware materials. WebRed Coach Grills Wayland, Massachusetts -- 55 Boston Post Rd (Rt 20) Howard D. Johnson acquired the Wayland Red Coach Grill Restaurant in the middle 1930s and created a chain of upscale luxury dining facilities based on its pre-Revolutionary American post house theme. However, I do not. WebReviews on Red Lobster in US-1, Saugus, MA 01906 - Red Lobster, Legal Sea Foods - Peabody, King Crab Juicy Seafood, Happy Crab, The Marina Restaurant & Bar At the Wharf MH said: Posted on 9/1/11 Fish and Chips - $22. A few of us were talking about past and present restaurants on Route 1 in Saugus. One restaurant I really like on Route 1 in Saugus is Prince Pizzeria and Bar, home of the aforementioned leaning tower of pizza. into the Fireside CALL NOW! Any old photos showing Saugus would be welcome. WebFind great deals on eBay for red coach grill, restaurant, wayland, ma., swizzle stick. middle 1930s and created a chain of upscale luxury dining facilities One of those restaurants was called Johnnies (I think) and it was owned by Johnnie Carson. @joeyballs825 wrote: I still go there occasionally because my husband likes a good steak and baked potato. aj gabby said: I miss the Roundup Steakhouse in Waltham. Vinny Testas, jah wrote: Gnocchi are pillows, and you start the meal with an overflowing bread basket of fresh homemade bread and breadsticks. Nearly Posted on 9/2/11 Best breakfast value ever. Nino's was in Saugus then Stoneham Melissa S. wrote: Pasta Eleganza Pembroke Recommended Reviews. BostonGal said: You would sit down at your table, read the menu and when you were ready to place your dinner order, you would lift up the red telephone and give your order to the person on the phone? El Phoenix Room, Division 16, Botolph Cafe, Tim's Tavern, Newbury steakhouse. WebFrank Giuffrida's Hilltop S Saugus, MA. Company rebuilt Wayland to rave reviews when it reopened on April SVC said: Saturday | 11 a.m. 10 p.m. I remember it was my favorite place to go for my birthday. Dukey's meatballs were the best. Posted on 1/27/12 Get directions. Frank Giuffrida's Hilltop S Saugus, MA. MIAMI, FLA. . One suspect was shot and killed and the other two were taken into custody. CALL NOW! Photo/Video will be published upon admin review and approval. Bel Canto in Lexington. WebCoach Grill Steakhouse Restaurant Wayland, Boston, MA A little About us Since the 1930s, we've been devoted to providing superior service by catering to individual tastes to better serve both Wayland locals and visitors alike. How about Adventure Car HopWoo Woo Ginsburg. FOR SALE! Way ahead of their time!!! pp said: Fast delivery, full service customer support. Copyright 1996-2023, The Officer Down Memorial Page, Inc, Registration for the 2023 National Police Week 5K goes up $5 on March 2nd save on our introductory pricing and, register today to run or walk in your hometown, View Cafe Rio Grande in Marblehead and The Edgewater Cafe in Salem. Shop with confidence. Posted on 12/11/08 Red Coach Realty | Real Estate Office Details | MLSPIN. The closest thing to a "Cheers" bar you could ever have been a part of. I believe it was the "Steak Pit". Most are from the 1930's-1980's. Posted on 7/11/12 WebBOBTAILED MATCHBOOK COVER: Red Coach Grill Boston Saugus Wayland Hingham Nyc -D3 - $6.79. Posted on 9/28/11 Closed now : See all hours. Scarce and terrific vintage teapot from Red Coach Grill restaurants, Massachusetts, made by Grand Silver Co., circa 1940s - 1950s, heavy restaurant-grade silverplate with hinged lid, the side impressed "Red Coach," approx. (adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); BCP wrote: many of the locations like Middleboro became El Torito's. My all time favorite was on both sides of Rt 1 up a ways from all the crazy restaurants. md wrote: Blazing Salads! BG wrote: Frank Giuffrida's Hilltop S Saugus, MA. Free shipping for many products! My Dad was devastated when he died. Posted on 10/1/13. The Towne Lyne House was where Spinelli's is now. I saw the live go out in my Dad. wrote: I grew up in Lynnfield and Rt 1 was the only place you could go to shop and eat back in those days. WebRed Coach Grill, Hyannis, MA This place was like Howard Johnson's with some fancy rugs and more comfortable seats. Themenusandpostcardsare other common collectibles. Patti, I remember the peanut man, loved driving up there with my family. Speaking of this corner, remember the traffic lights that were on the pike and the turn-arounds that were so dangerous? WebRed Coach Grill, Hyannis, MA This place was like Howard Johnson's with some fancy rugs and more comfortable seats. (Grahm), Sulton wrote: It was like French toast stuffed with chocolate or something. WebRed Coach Grilles P2633 BOSTON, MASS. Hours Monday Thursday | 4:30 9 p.m. Friday | 4:30 p.m. 10 p.m. Saturday | 11 a.m. 10 p.m. k wrote: WebPost cards depicting Saugus, Massachusetts. Gordon wrote: We went the other night and it was a lot of fun! Where was Augustines restaurant. Angela T. H. wrote: Has been 15 years since I've been back. Jimmys harborside. Hole in the Wall Deli and Steve's Ice Cream all in DTX. General Glover House,Swampscott. Suz said: Grotto LaStrada, North End. No one mentioned Karl's Sausage Kitchen! Blue Stone Bistro--awesome pizza! WebOriginally a stand-alone restaurant in Wayland, Massachusetts, the Red Coach Grill was acquired by the Howard Johnson company in the 1930s and transformed into a chain of upscale roadside establishments modeled after traditional English taverns. Cao Palace--loved the Vietnamese coffee! Jake's Post Road Grill in Danvers. Joan and Ed's Deli in Natick! One suspect was shot and killed and the other two were taken into custody. Posted on 2/14/12 144056715884 dj wrote: It had a big torch out front with a real flame coming from it. Route 1 in Saugus, for better or for worse, is a memorable road. Howard Johnson's Restaurant. I stopped at Karl's Sausage Kitchen for some German delicatessen and then at Donovan's Package store for four bottles of Dom Perignon" Don't know Donovan's, but there is a home movie of Kiddie Ranch at http://www.flickr.com/photos/paul-w-locke/8370925323/ Never went but further down Rte 1 in North Attleboro we had we had Jolly Cholly's Foxglove in Pembroke. 303 reviews #2 of 13 Restaurants in Wayland $$$$ American Steakhouse Gluten Free Options. Stumbled home many a night. Beer Battered Fried Haddock Fillet, French Fried Potatoes and Coleslaw. Though that location changed hands about twelve times during the years I lived in Boston. Red coach Grill. Boston Restaurant Blog >> 2006 archives >> January, 2006 >> blog entry. Web1950S? Sad thing is I wish they kept the giant peanut man in front. 781-558-2070. Uncle Petes, especially the old DQ in East Boston Red Coach. 5. Web544 Tremont St. Boston, MA 02116. Deli Haus. WebPolice received a tip that the Red Coach Grill on Route 1 was going to be robbed. Had that great sign, right near Ferns Motel. Also in Boston, Framingham, Saugus, Hingham, Wayland, Hyannis, Middleboro MA; Yonkers, New York City NY; Fort Lauderdale, Miami FL. Posted on 2/21/12 Adam G. wrote: A History of Howard Johnson'sby Anthony Mitchell Sammarco. Burgers were killah. ed ford wrote: Lynn (5 miles) Malden (6 miles) Medford (9 miles) Peabody (10 miles) Salem (11 miles) Somerville (11 miles) Woburn (12 miles) Canestaro's in Fenway & Bennigan's in Back Bay! WebRed Coach Grill was a restaurant chain owned by Howard Johnson's, the once-popular restaurant and hotel company. Saugus, MA 01906 Police Business: 781-941-1199 Fax: 781-231-5526. From 1958-to-2012 (relocated up the road One Bourbon Street, Peabody). dwn said: Did anyone ever go the "Flash in the Pan" it was really delish, early upscale gourment in the old silver diner. WE ALWAYS HAVE OVER 100,000 + QUALITY MATCHCOVERS IN OUR EBAY STORE. Some other restaurants on Route 1 in Saugus include The Continental, a middling restaurant that isn't a bad option for families; a branch of Kelly's Roast Beef, though I would rather go to the Kelly's on Revere Beach; a branch of The Border Cafe; Donatello's; and, of course, the famous (or infamous?) The soul cooking of Dixie Kitchen on Mass Ave. and Tim's Tavern. Gargoyle's in Somerville, Frederick W. wrote: Posted on 1/2/12 - Early 1960's .. Current location of Kelly's Roast Beef on Rt.1 Southbound 108108 18 comments Share 43 Boston Collegiate in a Div. Stephen Walsh wrote: My Dad was also a policeman then. WebRed Coach Grill, Jack Larkin, Managing Director, Middleboro, Plymouth County, Massachusetts Matchbook. A gun battle resulted when the robbers ran out the back door and found five officers waiting. Closed now : See all hours. Piano Bar in The Lexington Hotel CJ said: Sold by bayou_grande. I do miss that peanut man sign. Angela Posted on 6/25/13 Turtle cafe Purcell's in Boston, General Glover, Swampscott, Red Coach Grill, Parker's in Reading for their clams, fried chicken, onion rings - yumm! Dini's and Michael's Waterfront. 22 South Shore Tech (17-4) won 41-31 over No. Pho Republique : in it's heyday, a unique spot where everyone was welcome. REST IN PEACE. Although it began as an individual restaurant, Howard Johnson's turned it into a chain with an eventual thirty-two restaurants. Original Red Coach serving pieces are quite uncommon. Posted on 2/17/12 We now offer online ordering for pick up and delivery directly through our website. Beautiful, small Cuban restaurant with an amazing sangria, unbelievable food, and a great staff. - Early 1960's .. Current location of Kelly's Roast Beef on Rt.1 Southbound 108108 18 comments Share Helene wrote: Lisa wrote: The Golden Egg Mystic Ave Somerville, Jen wrote: It was an upscale restaurant serving lobster, chowder, and steak. Purcell's in Boston, General Glover, Swampscott, Red Coach Grill, Parker's in Reading for their clams, fried chicken, onion rings - yumm! WebAddress: 92 Walnut St Ste 1 Saugus, MA, 01906-1949 United States Website: www.redcoachrealty.com Employees (this site): ? KO wrote: All rights reserved. 43 Boston Collegiate in a Div. Questions and Answers >> Boston Restaurants -- General Topics >> Which Long-Closed Restaurants Do You Miss the Most? Web$4.99 + $0.55 shipping Seller 100% positive Massachusetts Bonding & Insurance Co Messenger Hold-Up Policy advertising $0.99 + $0.99 shipping Seller 100% positive Description Seller assumes all responsibility for this listing. Tacky is putting it nicely. The original Little Stevie's on Boylston. Shop with confidence. La Groceria in Cambridge, before it went downhillHerrell's in Harvard SquareBoston Sail Loft in Cambridge overlooking the Charles, Jimmy T wrote: RO wrote: Condition is as pictured. 1. CLOSED NOW. WebBOBTAILED MATCHBOOK COVER: Red Coach Grill Boston Saugus Wayland Hingham Nyc -D3 - $6.79. What was the name of the restaurant where Donatello's is.before it was Donatello's Saugus, Mass WebCoach Grill Steakhouse Restaurant Wayland, Boston, MA A little About us Since the 1930s, we've been devoted to providing superior service by catering to individual tastes to better serve both Wayland locals and visitors alike. Jack & Marion's, Hilltop. The name is in Blackletter Typeface font (sometimes referred to as Old English). Posted on 2/3/12 Jimmy's Harborside, of course, General Glover House, Joyce Chen's! Though originally known mainly as a Massachusetts chain (including, in addition to Wayland, locations in Boston, Braintree, Cambridge, Framingham, Hingham, Hyannis, Middleboro, Newton, Norwood, Pembroke, and Saugus), Red Coach Grills eventually expanded to greater New England and eventually as far as Florida. WebThe Red Coach Inn features a full service Niagara Falls restaurant open to the public every day (except Christmas) serving breakfast, lunch, and dinner. WebReviews on Red Lobster in US-1, Saugus, MA 01906 - Red Lobster, Legal Sea Foods - Peabody, King Crab Juicy Seafood, Happy Crab, The Marina Restaurant & Bar At the Wharf $9.95. Oh, and Prince Pizza - AMAZING. WebGrilled Pacific Mahi Mahi Fillet with Lemon Butter Sauce, Mushroom Risotto and Broccoli. Salamander Restaurant in Cambridge and then Boston. Vallee's Wasn't the Continental famous for popovers? (Posted by hiddenboston),