Remington College does not care. Remington College Reviews. To accomplish its mission, Remington College is committed to providing a caring learning environment in which a technically rich, intellectually stimulating, quality education is delivered by a dedicated faculty and staff. The writing skills of an individual have nothing to do with the unethical goings-on at Remington. Recruiter: "Last year, 88 percent of our graduates were actually workin' in their field within six months of graduation, OK? Public Service Loan Forgiveness (PSLF) Program. I deserve more then what they have to offer me.. point blank do not come to this school. In that investigation, we sent in one of our producers undercover who asked about becoming a teacher in New York State. Documentation supporting the alleged allegations against the school. Student Payments Admissions Thank you Remington for screwing me for life! My daughter attenrted this School at 19.She has Children with the reassurance from the school.That they could place her with a job to support herself and children.She passed with great grades. The curriculum did not contain sufficient training in web programming, leaving me unable to use my Associate Degree for anything. Another review stated that the teachers all want you to fail and that is a load of crap. The whole class was pretty upset about this. I ADVISE YOU NOT TO GO TO REMINGTON, Its all BS!!! ", "Seems like everyone is unhappy. ". Some of the teachers I had were in other states and your taking the whole course online and the other half are here and you go to lab once a week. My instructor was excellent but none of it was useful. by Matthew Arrojas I just started a few months ago and I know I made a terrible mistake most of the instructors dont even show up to teach you. Hi everyone, I am going to tell you my experience in Remington College and what is happening now Their ultimate goal IS NOT to help you gain employment, their primary goal is to stuff their pockets with YOUR money. If you dont show up to interviews or if your late again that is not Remingtons fault because you thought if you graduated you were guaranteed a job or you get you money back. Program completion times may vary based on individual performance/circumstances. I never received any money back. Some things you can only learn by actually doing them. To accomplish its mission, Remington College is committed to providing a caring learning environment in which a technically rich, intellectually stimulating, quality education is delivered by a dedicated faculty and staff. The information contained herein is provided to employees and others for information purposes only. Submit a complaint and get your issue resolved. People with student loan debt have the legal right to use an attorney or process federal student loan documentation on their own behalf without paid assistance. they cannot deliver what they say an insane amount of money Pittsburgh Pennsylvania, Attorney Sharon K. Campbell COLLUDES with Wells Fargo Dallas Texas, BlackSwanCapital.co Black Swan Enterprises Peter Tumbas Black Swan Capital The offered guaranteed low-cost financing if I first stepped in high-cost short term financing New York New York, Geeks Ondemand LLC, Lizeth Lagomarcino Papaleo Geeks Ondemand LLC, The Geeks Mob SCAM! Your grammar and spelling are poor. They can choose to go to a community college. the people that recruiters there would come and go and teachers to.email me at juz4tee04@yahoo.com So we can get together and get this off our credit, we have to stick together so we can write the I.R.S to get this off our credit.Now this is holding me back from schooling I was just trying to go back to school to further myself in my education. Like mr. Craig he will do anything to try to prepare you for your exam and give you print outs honestly anything you need he will help. We also strive to give you options for an affordable college experience . But I believe they were very dishonest with her on every issue just to get the money from a young mother with promises they didn't come through with As far as I'm concerned they lie to young people .Then they end up owing thousands of dollars and trying to feed their children on a hourly wage that you can't live on.They deceived her in more ways then one. The producer posed as a prospective student and convicted felon interested in the Criminal Justice program in Texas. #studentloanforg, Visit link in bio to learn more. The mutually agreed settlement agreement says "No later than one year after the Effective Date, Defendants will effectuate Full Settlement Relief for each and every Class Member whose Relevant Loan Debt is associated with the schools, programs, and School Groups listed in Exhibit C hereto. If it wasn't for my friend who graduated from Keiser to share her coursework with me, I never would have passed the ninth time! Count me in I just got off the phone w borrower defense. Remington Miller District Sales Manager, Wellspect HealthCare. What a joke! Who's crazy enough to start this website? If you attended this campus and were unable to complete your program of study you may be eligible for closed school discharge. Contact our office immediately if you have questions regarding the options available to you. I went to Remington College in San Diego and was the first student that transcended the academic ladder from an Associates Degree Student all the way to Bachelor's of Science Degree in Criminal Justice. If your BDAR application is approved you may receive Remington College student loan forgiveness for a portion or all of your loans used to attend this school. job working with Securitas Security a company who is known for hiring even derelicts off the street (not that there's anything wrong with hiring the needy), but it is not worth the $40, 000 you will end up owing Sally Mae. Most of the complainers couldn't survive in a traditional school and should be grateful for what they did receive in their education. The higher up are not helpful and blow you off as if they dont care about you for 20000 a year i have yet to feel im getting my moneys worth . Now that I have decided to continue my education they tell me I owe an additional $800 if I want an official copy of my transcripts. I worked in a steel mill making $12 an hour 60 hours per week while raising 2 children and attending school full time. Their programs are short, job specific and get you into an entry level position. In a statement to ABC News about the issues with for-profit colleges, Sen. Tom Harkin, D-Iowa, the chairman of the Senate Committee on Health, Education, Labor and Pensions, said: "Each aspect of for-profit colleges' relationships with their students that I've investigated so far often features misrepresentation or manipulation -- it appears job placement claims are no different. Medical Assisting with X-Ray Tech (Limited Scope), Heating, Ventilation, and Air Conditioning, Construction and Building Maintenance Technology, Heating, Ventilation, and Air Conditioning (HVAC), Business Administration - Executive Assistant, Business Administration - Marketing and Sales, Restaurant, Hospitality, and Retail Management, Beat Production and Recording Arts Technology, 4368 Downtowner Loop South, Mobile, AL 36609, 4520 S. Sherwood Forest Blvd. WTH! In 2005 I went into Remington College they promised me, that when I decide to continue my education outside of Remington College the University of Phoenix will take all credits earned. I didn't learn a thing at Remington. 16% of 105 students said this degree improved their career prospects. Another review I read was that no one helped after graduation and I cant speak about other campuses but garland campus which Christi Koehler is over is not at all unfair at all. We know exactly what, you know, kind of a target area you wanna be in -- sheriff's department, corrections.". Request Information Remington College is authorized for operation as a postsecondary educational institution by the Tennessee Higher Education Commission. Student Loan Forgiveness Biden to Cancel More Loans. ", "I have regretted it from the first year.it took that long to realize that it was a joke.that is why they keep selling and changing the Name was denver college, then education america and now Remington college.what a total waste of time. I'll make it short and simple for everybody. Over the last several years, over $1 billion in student loan debt has been forgiven for students who attended for-profit colleges or other schools that potentially misled students. No tags have been applied so far. It may not be every campus but the one I went to only really cared about $$ and they lied often. Experts say students who have attended for-profit schools are defaulting on their federal student loans at an alarming rate, which, they add, may contribute to the next big financial crisis. Student Loan Forgiveness on Disability, Do You Qualify? I had a 100 in that class and was upset the teacher wasn't there most of the time, so I didn't show up for the final. Total B.S! And I said, 'You can never get a job in criminal justice.' At DeVry College of New York, ABC News sent a producer undercover to speak with one of the school's recruiters about becoming a certified teacher in New York through its program. Remington's agreement to pay a $73 million settlement to Sandy Hook families shattered the perception that gun makers are untouchable in court, but several factors made this case unusual File your review. My spanish classmates was able to get a job, with the help of the recruiter. are: I'm sure they don't like it any better than the students do. I was promised that they would have no issues in finding me work. Remington College believes that a well-educated workforce contributes to the economic and social vibrancy of the diverse communities in which its students, faculty, and staff live. I regret going to that school, it was a wasted of money. The job I finally got paid 9.50 an hour and threw me in the billing department and i had no idea what I was doing. Somehow I still scored a 104 for the class. I would like to give a ZERO because the education at this campus is well below the $47,000 tuition and fees I paid. The clinical coordinator of the program will place you in extremely long distance clinicals if she does not feel you are well suited for the profession, so the added stress of driving a hour each way will increase your likely hood to fail or drop out of the program. A lawyer for 16 former and current tenants of Park La Brea said he has won a $3.5-million verdict against the apartment complex over a bedbug infestation. Corporate Advocacy Program: How to repair your business reputation. Please see the Catalog for more information. Don't believe me hem if they tell you you're chances are good of Gettysburg ng hired", "I joined the Houston-Greenspoint Campus in 2010. Turn on desktop notifications for breaking stories about interest? ", "I went to Remington a while back, and it was the. When asked why he thought the for-profit industry was in the hot seat, Miller said at the time, "We're under fire for a couple of reasons. If I could do it all over, I WOULD HAVE NEVER, NEVER SETTLED ON THIS EXTREME JOKE OF A COLLEGE. I received a Associates Degree at Remington in Houston. They are meant for individuals wanting career specific learning for entry level positions. IN 3 WEEKS THEY SENT 3 OF MY RECIPIENTS DEAD FROZEN TINY BOUQUETS calgary, Ponce motors Deceptive car sales Austin Texas, Nextiva efax overcharged me for an entire year even before the monthly trial expired able to use the service at all. Thats why they are still operating in business by comitting fraud and broken promises. If you plan to continue your education beyond this original degree or certificate, these schools are not the place for you. For example, enrolling in the Criminal Justice program in Texas, and being a convicted felon. The headquarters of Remington College is located in Florida. Consumers educating consumers., Complaints Reviews Scams Lawsuits Frauds Reported.. The headquarters of Remington College is located in Florida. Remington College 14445 Broadway Ave Cleveland, Ohio U.S.A. I wouldn't recommend this school to my worst enemy. Multiple Locations. "They don't have to go to one of our institutions. That school should be closed.because the only thing youre going to get is debt up to your eyeballs and a piece of paper you can throw in the trash. *Please contact the Registrar at the campus the student or graduate attended for a verbal education verification. In order to view detailed job placement and completion information for the programs offered by Remington College Nashville Campus, please visit, The Dental Hygiene program is accredited by the Commission on Dental Accreditation. Tuition for some is more than $20,000 per school year. I graduated from the Little Rock, Ar. If you are a former student of Remington College, then it is possible you may qualify for Remington College student loan forgiveness. Remington College Lawsuit Complaints In 2011, Remington College was sold for $136 million, and changed to a non-profit status the same year. As a whole class we reached out to the "dean", or whatever you wanna call her, and told her that we want to be taught the theory of phlebotomy instead of just sticking each other. The only jobs their Career Services department will find or try and find for you are call-center jobs, this is a type of job that can be obtained without going to Remington and it won't help you very much when the time comes for you to pay the government back over $9000.00 from attending a fake college like Remington. While we strive to provide a wide range of offers, our site does not include information about every product or service that may be available to you. Just please do your homework on the college you plan to attend first. Programs I found a career in my field but it wasn't by help of the career services lady. I am praying, researching and plan to work with a local legal company to investigate fraudulent activity. What is the bottom figure on this student," he said. 4:10-cv-02094 District Judge Lee H Rosenthal, presiding. If there is a Class Action Young Mothers get on it.I'm so sorry for their deception.Sign nothing with these people! Recruiter: "If you live in the state of New York, we can't enroll for education for you because the New York requirement for education is totally different than what we can enroll for.". Unlike Remington I receive money back every 3 months on my Financial Aid that is roughly around 2700. I'm completely with you. I really believe this school has rip a million of us off and I am prepared to do my research. Remington College I enrolled in their electronic engineering course . The Commission on Dental Accreditation can be contacted at (321) 440-4653, or at 211 East Chicago Avenue, Chicago, IL 60611. After I graduated I was just left to pay all this money for no reason at all. It also settled a class-action lawsuit that automatically approves 200,000 borrower defense claims against another 155 for-profit colleges. The teacher is horrible he talks for the whole class time. The career services lady was hardly ever there and if you needed her help she was usually out back smoking NOT doing her job. We DO NOT remove reports. Since fraud was investigating them , how do I go about letting them know I have an issue with them as well. Lawsuits similar to the West Virginia case were filed in several other states. Now ill be paying these student loans until i am in my 60s and this is going to be a big burden. 40 Meanwhile, . And that helps us a lot. Annual Tuition: $14,182 - $17,213. West Palm Beach Florida, Tuffy Tire & Auto Service Center Mavis Tire & Brake Charged Nearly $700 for Non-Fix Bay City Michigan, Lighting New York lighting by Jared Sent damaged product wont refund after I sent back damaged product website description is fake, Tara U THEY SCAM THOUSANDS OF PEOPLE WITH THEIR FLOWER ORDERS. She then explained I needed to come do my exit folder and if you dont show up that is your own fault. Sounded great but should have known it would take a turn for the worst. Below you will find links titled "Institutional Information" that provide general information about each Remington College Campus, including information concerning: (1) the institution, its programs, facilities, services and faculty, (2) the cost of attending the institution, (3) financial assistance . Remington College 1800 Eastgate Dr. Garland, Texas U.S.A. The recruiter also encouraged the ABC News producer to take out the maximum amount of financial aid allowable, including interest-bearing student loans -- even if it was more than he needed. The biggest surprise came when I had to pass my national exams-- I failed 8 times!!! Set an Appointment All this because of $$. Click HERE to read 2009 employment data submitted to ABC News from DeVry College of New York. Salon Yes. Consumer Information The learning experience was very positive and most of the facility members were experienced and knowledgeable within their career fields, often not just the textbook, professorial-write a post-degree paper type, but actual background, field level experience, such as a prison psychologist, and a Border ICE District Manager; and there was an international businessman who frequently traveled to Europe and China with impressive hard, practical boiler room technological and Wall Street information that can be useful and was to me. http://www.tarleton.edu/fortworth/futurestudents/Degrees/Histotechnology-%20Advanced%20Technical%20Certification.html I knew more about Criminal Justice than half of the instructors. Their Business Administration program has now put me $43, 000 in debt to Sallie Mae and AES company. The school will send you an application for discharge, or you can contact your student loan servicer to see if you are eligible. In July 2014, Keiser was the subject of an unsuccessful $4 billion lawsuit alleging that the college sought federal and state funding, despite non-compliance with the appropriate regulations. Copy of the course catalog or enrollment agreement, Name of the school and dates of enrollment, A copy of your transcripts from the school. I'm in the process of purchasing me a home. Students must maintain a minimum GPA in order to qualify for certain academic experiences, including some externships. This may be the actual reason four years later, you remain without a job. "In some casesfor whatever reason, because of poor training, because of rogue employees or because they're getting the wrong message from above -- whatever the reason, somebody is doing things wrong too widespread and we're going to change that," he told ABC News. A federal judge granted preliminary approval last week to a class action lawsuit that will cancel the student loan debt of about 200,000 borrowers, eliminating out about $6 billion in total debt.. Despite the change at University of Phoenix, Remington's former Criminal Justice professor, Larry Stewart, said he remains skeptical of the for-profit college industry because it makes so much money. When you graduate the remainder that you owe the school can be paid in full, paid monthly, paid weekly or however you want. An enormous, publically-traded industry, for-profit colleges received $24 billion in federal funds in 2009 and had an enrollment of 1.4 million students, according to the Government Accountability Office. The recruiter also told our undercover student that he couldn't be a cop, but there were a variety of opportunities in law enforcement for people with felony convictions. If you go to them with a concern as a student, they attempt to blow you off and try to pacify the situation without actually creating a solution. 16% of 106 students said this degree improved their career prospects, 21% of 106 students said they would recommend this school to others, "So when i enrolled I told them I wanted a class that focused more on phlebotomy. Some for-profit institution recruiters caught still offering false assurances. They told me fraud was involved in the school so I'm praying to God that I can get my money back so I can attend a normal college. Corporate Advocacy Business Remediation and Customer Satisfaction Program. They are crooks and I would not recommend them to my worst enemy. Here is another thing, if you take criminal justice for two long years over there you will end up with a $9.00 phr. My advisor and my realtor looked and could not believe all the student loans that is on my credit report. LET'S GET TOGETHER SO WE CAN STOP THE MADDINESS. In one suit, some of the plaintiffs claim they were told in September 2018 that ECA was only closing 26 campuses and that "the majority of currently enrolled students" would be able to complete their coursework and earn their degrees or certificates. Students From These For-Profit Colleges May Qualify for Debt Forgiveness The Biden administration has canceled student loan debt for borrowers who attended a handful of for-profit colleges. I went there as well. Lowy is not involved with the nine families who claim that Remington is liable for the. I was very disapointed. After ABC News' first investigation into the University of Phoenix, it seems as though some improvements have been made at that particular for-profit institution. Aug 23, 2016 4:22 pm EDT. Career Services In 2015, the Keiser family sold its 15-campus university to a non-profit it had created. Please please please lets do a lawsuit i wish i could protest to everyone walking into their doordont do it they dont care about you or your career all they want is moneyworst choice ive ever made, i have paperwork i have statements i can turn in on lawsuit lets do kt or contact me But with the economy and everything, you know, most people look at that as--". Today I have the need of a transcript, but I believe that it is not correct that they promise that the University of Phoenix would accept all of my credits, but I had to start all over again. Im surprised that they are still in business but then again im not. They told me I would get financial aid and that I would still have to pay $300/mo out of my own pocket when they were already getting $10, 000 from Sallie Mae plus $5, 000 from other private loans. We strive to keep our information accurate and up-to-date, but some information may not be current. I have warned people since I have finished this college not to go there, to go get a REAL education where they will teach you what you give them $$ for. She is constantly trying to figure out what else she can do to help us do better they both are. We had a whole cafe that was supposed to be used to sale items we prepared and that never happened. Donate Now NEW! Yes. They brought in a lawyer to teach one of the courses and that was to make it look good and to hide the fact that this school is a joke. "Your tax status has nothing to do with whether you're Harvard Universityor whether you're a 'tax-status: for-profit' institution.".