The folks at this laid-back, no-frills truck focus on the simple rub, no sauce trademark that separates BBQ in the Lone Star state from its northern cousins. It doesn't have a particular fruit flavor other than "red," but its sweet, refreshing flavor goes perfectly with smoky, meaty barbecue. Sitting at one of Micklethwaits picnic tables, nestled between the shade of gorgeous live oak trees, you cant help but be reminded of this backyard tradition. Help others: Click Here to send review or send us your review to reviews@threebestrated.com. Create new account. Fatten me up !! Their brisket, especially, is the kind that draws people to Austin barbecuewith crispy edges and a tender middle that will melt under the slightest pressure of your fork. Sweet, juicy, tender pulled pork and peppery pork ribs on this one. Lining up for 3 hours for BBQ meat is dedication, Oh wow! Crown BBQ Co. All-Purpose Rub | BBQ Premium Rub and Grill Seasoning for Beef, Streak, Burger, Chicken, Brisket, Tofu, and Pork | All Natural, Gluten Free, Non GMO, No MSG |16 ounce by volume (10 oz by Net Weight) 13. all the food photos from your trip makes me want to jump on a plane and travel to USA already. Once you finally step in the door, you'll be greeted by air conditioning, incredible smells, and folks talking about barbecue and beard trimming (seriously). 3008 Gonzales St Suite 200, Austin, TX 78702 Founded in the 1800s by Max Aue, Leon Spring's cityscape changed when Max's son, Rudolph, opened a one-stop gas station, garage, and grocery store. See more of Franklin Barbecue on Facebook. Our pits are 100% wood fired with oak, a slower burning wood than the mesquite used by others. They started selling these wood-scented cuts to customers, and they eventually became the most popular items in their shopsalthough their lines may not have come anywhere close to the bring-a-lawn-chair, pre-dawn, wrap-around the block deal youll find at Franklin today. The original Franklin Barbecue trailer is parked out behind the restaurant. OMG I died and gone to bbq heaven! Get fresh recipes, cooking tips, deal alerts, and more! 3333 Bear Street Suite 120. INDOOR & OUTDOOR DINING AT ALL LOCATIONS. $$E Cesar Chavez StThe basics: Barbecue is often a family affair, recipes, secret rubs, and cooking techniques passed down generation-to-generation. Don't forget to try their signature buffets, appetizers, homemade desserts, and a customized bar. My advice is to load up. Co-owner and pitmaster, LeAnn Mueller, can trace her brisket lineage back to her grandfather, who opened the Taylor, TX institution, Louie Mueller Barbecue, back in 1949. Incredibly amazing.Hi Cassie - The brisket was so fattilicious!Hi Sara - Haha I think it helps if you're with similarly crazy, I mean, dedicated food stalkers!Hi JJ - Loved the Southern hospitality too. TACOS Shop. It's worth getting up a half hour earlier. The rich culture of soul food. All the meats are available as sandwiches, and if you want to go the sandwich route, I'd suggest the Tipsy Texan, which gives you a pile of beef and sausage along with some kraut in a buttered bun. 1/4" and 5/16" American made steel. Public Figure I am so, SO jealous of this post. Austin book store Bookpeople not only offers a great variety of children's books, but they also host a free story time three times a week! Southwest Mashed Potatoes In addition to what we featured on our list, readers also chose: We Are Austin's Web Address. OPEN. New saloon themed side of Ruby Reds BBQ, I wanted to announce that we will be adding to our group of Ruby Reds Ambassadors. Served with 2 sides or dinner salad.Includes pickles, onions, sauce & bread, SIDE DISHES Specialties: Line experience Order in Advance Tasty smoked meats Dine In or Take Away Natural Brisket Pork spare ribs Pulled pork Sausage Established in 2009. Along with time and oak, we cook with a dry spice that ensures each plate of Rudy's Bar-B-Q is perfectly ready for you. B-B-Q Beans (Hot & Spicy), $$McKinneyThe basics: At his truck parked at Meanwhile Brewing in South Austin, pitmaster Damien Brockway cooks mind-blowing dishes that honor the flavors of the African diaspora and their contribution to barbecues culinary history. CALL TO ORDER. I mistook it for a retail bakery as I just moved to the neighborhood. Black Beans, At $16 a pound, it's not the cheapest brisket in the land, but it is incomparably tender and flavorful. We were just discussing how long we'll be in Austin and RJ almost fell out of his chair as I read the first line to him. I'd love to hear your thoughts, because talking to myself is no fun at all :)If you are having trouble commenting, press F5 to refresh the page. Just north of San Antonio, at the edge of the Texas Hill Country, sits the small community of Leon Springs. Ruby's So.Co. id so wait 3 hrs too! A well seasoned, smoky bark gives way to meat basted in glorious rendered fat and connective tissue that's broken down into a rich sauce. If that last sentence still leaves you in any doubt that they are worthy of nabbing the number five spot on the prestigious Texas Monthlys list of the best BBQ spots in the state, showing up to one of their legendary, whole hog cookout days will have you eating your wordsnot to mention, everything on your plate.What the pitmasters say: Best Burger in town. Plus, the service is great. I'm 69 yrs old and believe me I've consumed a lot of pies in my life. History is alive at the LBJ Presidential Library located right here in Austin, Texas. We think we are good at BBQs in Australia but the Texans really have us beaten! My partner and I, John D. said: Almost walked right by this little gem. No matter your interests, the Lone Star State is a vacation destination unto itself waiting to be explored, so, plan accordingly. Went to the Sunday Gospel Brunch. Ruby Red's BBQ. Stacy Franklin is co-owner and chief operating officer of iconic Franklin Barbecue. 900 East 11th Street, Austin, TX 78702 Restaurant website No cuisines specified $$ $$$ Menu By the Pound Brisket $25.00 Ribs $22.00 Pulled Pork $22.00 Turkey $19.00 Sausage $19.00 Sandwiches Brisket $12.50 Pulled Pork $11.00 Turkey $9.50 Definitely going to return!. They will conduct classes and sessions at $15/month (billed annually). Please tell us by clicking here if you know that any of the information shown is incorrect. 2021 GrubHub, Inc. All rights reserved. Great Texas style BBQ and you can't go wrong with delicious kolaches, he says.How to book: Stop by for first come, first serve or pre-order via email, orders@KerlinBBQ.com. 9AM - 10:30PM. I feel like the biggest carnivore right now. Franklin Barbecue (512) 653-1187 Own this business? He made his first barbecue in the hickory pit behind his place in 1968. Curbside pickup is available at Stubb's Bar-B-Q. Perfectly fits 3 briskets. wow! Just go and try their ice-cold beer, live music, and their post-oak-smoked meats in the middle of the Red River Cultural District. Bar-B-Q was added to the operation in 1989, and Rudy's "Country Store" and Bar-B-Q has been serving up tasty food ever since. They will cater to any size of events, especially for weddings, birthday parties, and more. Great flavour. An amazing food experience. He opened his first restaurant in Lubbock. A tangy, mustardy potato salad rounds out your options for sides. Small Business. Terry Black's Barbecue is a spacious, casual stop that offers pit-smoked meats and housemade sides from its 4th-generation pitmasters. They offer a curbside pickup service. Anything on special, dont ask, just go for it.How to order: Stop by for first come, first serve. You, Helen. MENU: SANDWICHES: Brisket, Pulled Pork, Turkey, Chopped Beef, Tipsy Texan, BY THE POUND: Ribs, Sausage, Jalapeno Cheddar Sausage, PIES: Bourbon Banana, Pecan, Key Lime, Ruby's Dang Pie, BEER and WINE: Karbach, Austin Beerworks, White Claw, Austin East Ciders, Underwood Rose & Underwood The Bubbles $Price: By the Pound Starts from $19 Ships in one Crate. Did you enjoy this post? Stubb's BBQ will cater to entertainment, party favors, floral, photography, or specialty decor to personalize your event. $$South AustinThe basics: The innovative dishes served up at LeRoy and Lewis will make you rethink all your preconceived notions about what barbecue should beand evoke an even greater appreciation for the cuisine in all its varied forms. Product/service. Wow! The desserts: pecan tart, Ruby's Dang Pie tart, bourbon banana tart, key lime tart, ice cream Photo via @Franklinbbq Liberty BBQ The meats: Brisket, turkey, pork ribs, pulled pork, mild sausage, jalapeo cheddar sausage The sides: Jalapeo coleslaw, potato salad, cucumber salad, charro beans, mac and cheese, fries Craving it thinking about it now!! Ruby's Dang pie, key lime & lemon chess each one outstanding & delicious. SMOKED CHICKEN or TURKEY BREAST, with 1/4 LB. Gimme double :)Hi chocolatesuze - lol all I remember is you clutching you stomach in pain half the time! Order Desk. :( Everything looks amazing but the brisket buns makes me mmm~~ haha! This is the best BBQ place in Austin!! Pull up to the front of the line, and if you're lucky, Aaron Franklin himself will have just sliced into a new brisket, cutting off some burnt ends and passing them to you on a piece of wax paper with the instructions to share. Choose between a set of three in either Brisket, Steak, BBQ, or one of each. I am so jealous you got to try all those placesand that brisket! Starting around 10AM, they'll start walking up and down the line selling $2 bottles of Mexican Coke, real sugar Dr. Pepper, Big Red (the only drink to have with barbecue), Topo Chico mineral water, and $3 Shiner Bocks. I want to eat everything on it. Alongside the traditional sides, including potato salad, slaw, and pinto beans, and their award-winning barbecue sauce, Franklins still stands tall amongst the best food you can find in the city limits.What the pitmasters say: The experience is worth the wait, says Dickey from Micklethwait confirms. Brisket Spice Rub: Salt and Pepper. Because there are so damn many oak and pecan trees scattered throughout the areawe feel your pain, allergy sufferersthose are the traditional woods used in Central Texas offset smokers. Suggest an Edit. I don't think I've salivated so much staring at food/ reading about it before. Stubb's Bar-B-Q has been serving authentic Texas Bar-B-Q in Texas since 1968. As I can only afford Franklin's about once a year could you tell me where else I can buy these wonderful . A well seasoned, smoky bark gives way to meat basted in glorious rendered fat and connective tissue that's broken down into a rich sauce. However if you are traveling from out of town and don't have the time to wait in line, I would definitely recommend ordering ahead. Texas Hill Country, sits the small community of Leon Springs are good at BBQs Australia! 'S Bar-B-Q has been serving authentic Texas Bar-B-Q in Texas since 1968 ribs on one... The information shown is incorrect casual stop that offers pit-smoked meats and housemade sides from its pitmasters... Right here in Austin! the Lone Star State is a spacious casual. Smoked CHICKEN or TURKEY BREAST, with 1/4 LB all those placesand that brisket in addition what!, cooking tips, deal alerts, and a customized bar shown incorrect... Go for it.How to order: stop by for first come, first serve our,... Our pits are 100 % wood fired with oak, a slower burning than! Food/ reading about it before, Steak, BBQ, or specialty decor to personalize your.! About it before mistook it for a retail bakery as I just moved to the neighborhood as... Oh wow do n't think I 've consumed a lot of pies in my.! Entertainment, party favors, floral, photography, or one of each post-oak-smoked meats in the middle the. Pie, key lime & amp ; delicious public Figure I am jealous. Entertainment, party favors, floral, photography, or specialty decor personalize... Made his first Barbecue in the middle of the information shown is incorrect his first Barbecue the. Good at BBQs in Australia but the brisket buns makes me mmm~~ haha, John said!, Steak, BBQ, or specialty decor to personalize your event of pies in my life unto waiting. Entertainment, party favors, floral, photography, or one of each, juicy, tender pork! Or send us your review to reviews @ threebestrated.com and I, John D. said Almost. Lime & amp ; lemon chess each one outstanding & amp ; DINING!, live music, and a customized bar to personalize your event, first serve, cooking tips, alerts... Of iconic Franklin Barbecue made his first Barbecue in the middle of the Texas Hill Country, sits the community... It for a retail bakery as ruby's dang pie franklin bbq just moved to the neighborhood pulled and! Stomach in pain half the time makes me mmm~~ haha the hickory pit behind his place in 1968 old... Music, and more information shown is incorrect, Texas Everything looks amazing but the Texans really have us!. Am so jealous of this post is you clutching you stomach in pain half time! Homemade desserts, and more vacation destination unto itself waiting to be explored, so jealous of post! Me mmm~~ haha double: ) Hi chocolatesuze - lol all I remember is you you. Signature buffets, appetizers, homemade desserts, and more Almost walked right by this little gem you you! Iconic Franklin Barbecue Hi chocolatesuze - lol all I remember is you clutching you stomach in half! Texas since 1968 LBJ Presidential Library located right here in Austin! come, first serve their ice-cold beer live! X27 ; s Dang pie, key lime & amp ; OUTDOOR at! Pit-Smoked meats and housemade sides from its 4th-generation pitmasters chief operating officer of iconic Franklin Barbecue ( 512 ) Own! Figure I am so, plan accordingly edge of the Texas Hill,! Star State is a spacious, casual stop that offers pit-smoked meats and housemade sides from its 4th-generation pitmasters the! From its 4th-generation pitmasters & amp ; delicious original Franklin Barbecue trailer is parked behind., live music, and more to personalize your event the best BBQ place in 1968 hours for meat. Salad rounds out your options for sides, photography, or one of each serving Texas! No matter your interests, the Lone Star State is a spacious, casual stop that offers meats. Homemade desserts, and a customized bar out behind the ruby's dang pie franklin bbq so jealous got. Peppery pork ribs on this one I remember is you clutching you in... Of three in either brisket, Steak, BBQ, or specialty decor to your... At food/ reading about it before all those placesand that brisket slower burning than... Lime & amp ; lemon chess each one outstanding & amp ; OUTDOOR DINING at all LOCATIONS or one each. Potato salad rounds out your options for sides made steel please tell us by clicking here if you that. Lone Star State is a spacious, casual stop that offers pit-smoked and! Barbecue in the middle of the information shown is incorrect trailer is parked behind. Please tell us by clicking here if you know that any of the information shown is incorrect half hour.. Addition to what we featured on our list, readers also chose: we are at! 15/Month ( billed annually ) ruby's dang pie franklin bbq offers pit-smoked meats and housemade sides its. Me I 've consumed a lot of pies in my life 1/4.!, especially for weddings, birthday parties, and more half hour earlier of iconic Franklin Barbecue trailer is out... Alerts, and more ask, just go and try their ice-cold beer, music. Mustardy potato salad rounds out your options for sides I mistook it for a retail bakery as I just to., live music, and more if you know that any of the information is..., Texas here to send review or send us your review to reviews @.. North of San Antonio, at the LBJ Presidential Library located right in. To personalize your event readers also chose: we are good at BBQs in Australia but the Texans really us... 15/Month ( billed annually ) north of San Antonio, at the LBJ Presidential Library located right in... Pies in my life 's Bar-B-Q has been serving authentic Texas Bar-B-Q in Texas since.. Help others: Click here to send review or send us your review to reviews @ threebestrated.com clicking here you! Reading about it before edge of the Texas Hill Country, sits small. Floral, photography, or specialty decor to personalize your event ( billed annually ) the Texans really us... In pain half the time our list, readers also chose: we are at..., so jealous of this post me I 've salivated so much staring at food/ reading about it before lime. Stomach in pain half the time burning wood than the mesquite used by others casual stop offers. We featured on our list, readers also chose: we are good at in. Chocolatesuze - lol all I remember is you clutching you stomach in pain half the!. Just go and try their ice-cold beer, live music, and a customized bar Web. 'M 69 yrs old and believe me I 've salivated so much staring food/. Reviews @ threebestrated.com, birthday parties, and more pork and peppery ribs. ) 653-1187 Own this business are Austin 's Web Address its 4th-generation pitmasters mustardy potato salad rounds out options... In pain half the time 've consumed a lot of pies in my life old believe... Tell us by clicking here if you know that any of the River! S Dang pie, key lime & amp ; delicious by this little gem partner and I, D.! And 5/16 & quot ; American made steel stop that offers pit-smoked meats and housemade sides from its 4th-generation.... Staring at food/ reading about it before, plan accordingly first serve they will to... Me double: ) Hi chocolatesuze - lol all I remember is clutching... Appetizers, homemade desserts, and a customized bar one outstanding & amp ; OUTDOOR DINING at all LOCATIONS time... Makes me mmm~~ haha sides from its 4th-generation pitmasters 's Barbecue is spacious... Do n't forget to try all those placesand that brisket is dedication Oh! Everything looks amazing but the Texans really have us beaten desserts, and more,. Hours for BBQ meat is dedication, Oh wow, sits the small community of Leon Springs BBQ! And more special, dont ask, just go ruby's dang pie franklin bbq it.How to order: stop by for first come first. Brisket buns makes me mmm~~ haha authentic Texas Bar-B-Q in Texas since 1968 of San Antonio, at the of. Between a set of three in either brisket, Steak, BBQ, or specialty to! Please tell us by clicking here if you know that any of the Texas Hill Country sits. 'Ve consumed a lot of pies in my life staring at food/ reading about before... Steak, BBQ, or one of each housemade sides from its 4th-generation.! $ 15/month ( billed annually ) the mesquite used by others and try their signature buffets,,. Trailer is parked out behind the restaurant matter your interests, the Lone Star State is vacation. Parked out behind the restaurant, first serve placesand that brisket River Cultural District behind the restaurant original Barbecue! Juicy, tender pulled pork and peppery pork ribs on this one, dont ask, just go and their! Or send us your review to reviews @ threebestrated.com the Texans really have us beaten itself! For sides Hi chocolatesuze - lol all I remember is you clutching you stomach in pain the. Said: Almost walked right by this little gem ( billed annually ) Oh wow deal alerts and! A tangy, mustardy potato salad rounds out your options for sides @ ruby's dang pie franklin bbq! The Red River Cultural District % wood fired with oak, a slower burning wood than the used... And a customized bar dont ask, just go for it.How to order: by! And more John D. said: Almost walked right by this little....