Why Your Kids Will Love It: The creek provides endless entertainment. Plus Ive got the scoop on some of Boulders classic kid-friendly hikes (and one hidden gem). It's been a while since I've done much hiking and now that it's a little easier to get out with my two small children (almost 4 and 1.5 years) I'm looking for suggestions on hikes that can be done with a BOB or Chariot jogging stroller. When Sandy Bornstein isnt trekking in Colorado or writing, shes traveling with her husband Ira. Wonderland Lake Loop Trail is just under 2 miles long and is not a very strenuous hike. This trail is narrow compared to other urban trails, but it still has plenty of room for a stroller. FIND YOUR WAY OUTSIDE is a trademark of AllTrails, LLC. Hydration is essential when visiting Colorado or any city at altitude. Facebook@TrailsAndOpenSpaceCoalition . Skyline Trail About 2 miles of trail, connects to Rampart Park, loop around Rampart Park is about a mile. Clear Springs Ranch 4.25 miles one way, the primary trail venturing through Clear Springs Ranch is the Colorado Front Range Trail, aka Fountain Creek Regional Trail, but this portion does not yet connect to the rest of the trail. After I wrote my post I came across this guide for those with mobility issues that has quite a few accessible hikes. There are a couple street crossings, but when you travel through Douglas Creek Open Space you are surrounded by lush greenery, youre able to forget you are in the center of the city. Trails adjacent to Boulder Creek showcase different types of flowers, grasses, shrubs, and trees than the rockier trails at higher altitudes near NCAR or Flagstaffs summit. Its about nourishment and learning. But with the elevation gain, youll quickly see the trees thin out. The trail surface is paved concrete or gravel (with partial edge barriers). Nice wide concrete trail from Powers Blvd to under I-25, connects to Pikes Peak Greenway/Santa Fe/Front Range Trail! The trails near Boulder are heavily trafficked, so lets do our part to preserve the environment for future generations. Forsythe Canyon and Waterfall is a shaded 2-mile hike through a wooded canyon to a quaint but beautiful waterfall and ending at a blue lakeshore of Gross reservoir. It is typically 2 to 5 feet wide (with some wider passing spaces). #1 - Davidson Mesa Loop Trail Davidson Mesa Length: 3.3 mi Est. Follow the beautiful South Boulder Creek past grazing cattle and spot wildlife of all kinds on this marvelous trail. Perfect for a stroller walk. Once youve made it to the park, look out for the parking area. Nevertheless, the Royal Arch hike is worth tolerating the crowds just to see the truly impressive rock formation at its end! Families can scurry uphill, and trek the loop that includes the Chautauqua Trail and Bluebell Road. The next highest ascent for stroller-friendly trails is, Palmer, Cabin Canyon, Strausenbach, and Central Gardens Trail Loop. Bring your bug spray, though, because there are usually lots of mosquitoes near the creek in this area. Colorado: With an ascent of 1,797 ft, C-470 Trail has the most elevation gain of all of the stroller friendly trails in the area. Tucked into a rock-walled canyon above Steamboat Springs, 280-foot-tall Fish Creek Falls thunders down from 7,550 feet above sea level. Hall Ranch, north of Boulder, is a designated open space with many multi-use trails. While youre on Bear Peak, you can also hike a short distance farther to summit South Boulder Peak. Whether you're getting ready to hike, bike, trail run, or explore other outdoor activities, AllTrails has 200 scenic trails in the Boulder area. (New 10/2018), A good hike to see some fall colors this weekend, Tent camping around Boulder or Estes Park. Well maintained and perfect for all age groups and stroller friendly. With that in mind, here are some trail recommendations for family hikes in Boulder: The Walter Orr Roberts Weather Trail at NCARis a relatively flat .4 mile loop thats perfect for the littlest hikers. After a 0.2 mile walk, the trail splits into a loop. According to AllTrails.com, the longest stroller-friendly trail in Boulder is Boulder Creek Multi Use Path. Address: 22550 CO-74, Idledale, CO 80453 Parking: There is a large parking lot located at the trailhead. Hike details are sourced and have been hiked by families who participate in our community. Below are the best of the best. The 6-mile round-trip hike with moderate elevation gain is an accessible way to experience the glory of the Rocky Mountains outside of Boulder. Coot Lake (add some distance by going past Boulder Res) Bear Creek Trail - Lair O' The Bear Park - Stroller-friendly Hikes Near Denver. West 3.5 miles out and back, starting at the nature center. This is a delightful, family-friendly hike with forest-framed views and boulder-strewn terrain that ends in a breathtaking lookout at May's Point. Even if you live in Colorado like we do, there are too many hikes to choose from. Bear Peak is Boulder's second tallest mountain at 8,461 feet, but its combination of beauty and brutality has made it an ever-popular challenge among locals. Fountain Creek Regional Park The park itself is a combination of four smaller parks: Willow Springs Ponds, Cattail Marsh Wildlife Area (home of the Fountain Creek Nature Center), the Duckwood Active-Use Area, and Hanson Nature Park. (There is another segment in Falcon). Don't forget your sturdy shoes, layers, snacks, and plenty of water! Fun nature tools like a magnifying glass, kid-sized binoculars, a small container for rocks & flowers, etc. If a bear is nearby, talk loudly so that the bear knows that you are there. What does it feel like? What or who is Ralphie? Many of Boulder's free guided hikes and nature presentations take place here. Members who are knowledgeable about this destination and volunteer their time to answer travelers' questions. Rock Island Trail 6 miles one way. (PS don't go down below if you don't have to this week. Here are a few of the best stroller-friendly hikes in the Denver metro area! It's been a while since I've done much hiking and now that it's a little easier to get out with my two small children (almost 4 and 1.5 years) I'm looking for suggestions on hikes that can be done with a BOB or Chariot jogging. From either trailhead, which both sit below Bald Mountain and the Bald Mountain Scenic Area, you can explore all of Indian Peaks Wilderness. The hike climbs up to an overlook of the Continental Divide. The path is half paved and half gravel mountain trail. Accessibility: There are 2 designated accessible spaces in the unpaved parking lot off of Baseline Road at the north end of the trail. It takes approximately 15 minutes to travel from downtown Boulder to Boulder Falls. Trail surface: paved concrete, smooth; Enjoy the dramatic views of Long's Peak, Mt. If you are seeking more adventure, continue on up where kids will be thrilled to try out some light scrambling to reach the top. It has also been a long time since I've been to Chautauqua, so I couldn't remember if there was anything over there that could be done with the jogging stroller. Oh I know! " - Moderate Trails "We're Up for a Challenge!" - Difficult Trails Looking for more trail options? Explore this hike near Boulder, Colorado and get driving directions, map, and tips in our full trail profile. Easy, paved, stroller and family friendly. The rule of thumb is your body will lose twice as much fluid at altitude than it will at sea level. There is still a missing section (about a mile) between the Northern and Southern segments at Stetson Hills; 5 miles refers to only the Southern Section. You do have to pay an entrance fee to get into Eldorado Canyon State Park. The most difficult hike on this list, with the greatest payoff of a view for families who challenge themselves to make it to the top. Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment. Note: The actual trailhead begins in a neighborhood with very little parking. 3. This rugged trail consists of switchbacks, stone-stairs, steep segments and passage through recent burn zones. Helpful Hint: Some trail head parking lots require day use fees. The trailhead behind NCAR leads to a spaghetti bowl of excellent trails. You can also park further down the canyon and walk up Eldorado Canyon road to where the trail starts. I do go to Mud Lake with the kids, but haven't been to Brainard since my first time a few years ago when my then baby started screaming shortly after getting on path/trail. Chocorua and both directions down the valley of the Kancamagus Highway. Bobolink Trail: https://bouldercolorado.gov/osmp/bobolink-trailhead, Mt. It connects to a number of other trails and with multiple trailheads it is easily accessible from many parts of the city. On this trail, you have constant views of the Flatirons without the elevation gain of actually hiking the Flatirons. Best Camping Knife for Outdoor Adventures, Best 4-Person Tent For Camping [2023 Update], How to Use a Fire Starter: A Simple, Step-by-Step Guide, How to Dispose of Butane Cans (and Other Solvents), Best Hikes in Colorado: 17 Incredible Trails, Types of Backpacks: The Ultimate List of 23 Pack Styles, Info and tips for each of our favorite trails, A selection of easy, family hikes and challenging, all-day adventures. The trail also offers a lot of good spots to climb rocks and throw stones in the river. It is typically at least 4 feet wide with some wider passing spaces. There are many access points along the route and ample parking. Part of the Colorado Front Range Trail, this section beginning at Palmer Lake, passes through the Air Force Academy (be sure to stay on trail, please do not trespass), then connects to Cottonwood and/or Pikes Peak Greenway Trails. This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. Hike it Baby is a platform that helps connect families to federal, state and local parks nationwide. This is also a great option to turn an epic out-and-back hike on the Boulder Skyline Traverse into a loop. I did see that about the road to Brainard. Colorado Springs has hundreds of trails that are great for the family. The Arapahoe Pass Trail leads to Lake Dorothy, a beautiful alpine lake. This is a great hike to take your dog since youll pass by the city off-leash dog park. The Enchanted Mesa Trail is a gentle walk on a wide pathway that surprises and delights you with views of Boulders famous Flatirons. This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. Our contributors do their best to give you all the details they can, but if something is missed, you can reach out to the contributor and offer suggestions for them to add to make it a better trail description for all. Multi-use perimeter trail is open to all non-motorized users, including equestrians! Even when the trailhead at the base of the mountain at Chautauqua Park is packed with day hikers and climbers, Lost Gulch always turns over enough to offer prime parking. As the trail nears its scenic destination, it becomes a fantastic kingdom of rock castles and trees for kids, who will love exploring, scrambling, climbing and hiding. This 1.4 mile loop trail is all-terrain stroller friendly and has great views of rock formations. You will be hiking along the North St. Vrain Creek. If you do drive, though, theres more parking down the road if the small parking lot at the trailhead is full. All of them are van-accessible with striped access aisles. This trail is estimated to be 51.4 mi long. This trail is along a gravel road that follows the river. Informative signs spaced along the trail share information on the flora, fauna, and human history. After a 0.2 mile walk, the trail splits into a loop. And the area is known for its wildlife, as well as its domestic animals (the trail is adjacent to farmland). There is one short but steep climb up to the rocks. AllTrails provides an extension option on the trail but our kids honestly end up in the spot we highlight in the photo. What national parks in Colorado have stroller-friendly trails? I do go to Mud Lake with the kids, but haven't been to Brainard since my first time a few years ago when my then baby started screaming shortly after getting on path/trail. Youre envisioning an idyllic afternoon of physical activity, educational enrichment, and maybe even a photo for that holiday card. Rocky Mountain Trail Tips. You can also hike to the summit of this mountain via the Green Mountain loop trail and Chautauqua trail. Know their abilities and limits. East 2 mile loop, with two options to make it a shorter loop. Explore the most popular stroller friendly trails near Boulder with hand-curated trail maps and driving directions as well as detailed reviews and photos from hikers, campers and nature lovers like you. It can be accessed from the visitor center where bathrooms and water is available. Instead, park in the small lot on Linden Avenue at Wild Plum Court and take the Goat Trail up to where it meets the Sanitas Valley Trail. It is estimated to take 3.5 to 4.5 hours. Donate. It is typically at least 4 to 6 feet wide (with some wider passing spaces). At the top, a spur trail leads 0.2 miles down along the ledge to an overlook. And the seasonal ditch is a great place to cool off on the way down. ALLTRAILS and the AllTrails Mountain Design are registered trademarks of AllTrails, LLC in the United States as well as certain other jurisdictions. Connects to Briargate trail (along Briargate Parkway). Re: Jogging stroller friendly hikes in Boulder/surrounding area 6 years ago Save Start at the East Boulder Rec Center -> Bobolink->South Boulder Creek Path.. lovely flat-ish trail that goes out to Marshal Rd. For your family adventure, consider childrens ages, athletic ability, and capability to adapt to a higher altitude. There are benches to sit and reflect from or watch fishermen catch fish. School age children may appreciate the signage on the short Walter Orr Roberts Trail and some of the rock filled trails heading toward the foothills. Did we miss your favorite? This trail is rocky and challenging. Parents, its in your hands now. Visitors to the city can take advantage . Our guide has something for everyone, from short-distance saunters within Boulder city limits to all-day epics. Sign up for our FREE weekly email with Boulders best events, concerts, happy hour deals, comedy shows and more. Chautauqua Park is also very busy on the weekends and in the evenings, so if youre looking for solitude, we recommend hiking this mountain from the west side. Great views all around of surrounding peaks and the Continental Divide at the far end of the lake, which also has large boulders, great for climbing. What does it smell like? Needless to say, I didn't get to see much. This hike is a great one for the fall, where youll be able to catch lots of fall colors. There is only one picnic table, but there are a few good spots along the creek to sit on rocks and enjoy a good snack. This guide was built with a generous 3-year partnership with. Devil's Head Lookout may not be the most scenic hike in . I figured if they can be done with wheelchairs and other mobility devices, then I can probably do them with a jogging stroller as well. It says stroller friendly and I would say it is about 80% stroller friendly. After a long descent, the trail enters the boulder field again, where there are more interesting rocks. Drive down this road, past the parking area on the right and across the covered bridge. If a trail has been abandoned by the initial owner, it gets adopted by the team. 1st time in Colorado. Parent category for Interviews, Bands / Music, Celebrity, Independent . Getting here requires braving a long and bumpy gravel road, but once you've made it, the trail is great. It's a nice, easy trail that's good for the whole family. Smaller legs may find the incline to be a bit demanding. Trying to think of some up here have you been to Mud Lake? Rare vegetation can be destroyed by people who are careless and do not respect the parks rules. Re: Jogging stroller friendly hikes in Boulder/surrounding area 6 years ago Save Start at the East Boulder Rec Center -> Bobolink->South Boulder Creek Path .. lovely flat-ish trail that goes out to Marshal Rd. There is no award for Parent Who Overcame the Most Obstacles While Hiking With Their Kids. Wait for a day when everyones feeling good and the weather is reasonably pleasant. So what if you only gain 200 feet in elevation from the parking lot? Bottom line: Drink more water and keep a water bottle with you. Trail runs northsouth along Shooks Run Creek. This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in the United States. 16 and 29.2 miles east of Rt. Boulder Creek is a 5.5 mile path starting near downtown Boulder and extending up towards the mountain. The Fountain Valley Trail is a 2.3-mile loop that winds through the Fountain and Lyons rock formations with a moderate change in elevation. Be sure to give yourself some extra time for scrambling around on the countless rock features in the area! Lost Gulch Overlook is definitely one of our favorite short hikes with the kids near Boulder. (If you look closely, you can see the climbers in our photo.). :). Sometimes its so busy here that you cant even get into the park during the weekend. Pro-tip: Go to the Chautauqua Ranger Cottage and check out their Passport to Adventure program that encourages kids to hike OSMP trails and earn badges! The structure houses the National Center for Atmospheric Research (NCAR), a world-class research facility specializing in earth system science. Let Us Help You Reach More Boulder Residents For Less. Just a short drive south of Denver, El Dorado State Park offers stream side picnics and stunning views of massive canyons. Whether youre looking for a serious adventure on all-day wilderness expeditions or youre looking for some hikes near Boulder for all the family, this list has something for you. Youre in the right place! According to AllTrails.com, the longest stroller-friendly trail in Colorado is High Line Canal Trail. The next highest ascent for stroller-friendly trails is South Boulder Creek Trail with 52 m of elevation gain. Leave us a comment below! Youll have to pay to enter the Brainard Lake Recreation Area. The map linked to is outdated but it gives you a good idea of where the trail is located. Brainard Lake Recreation Area, Indian Peaks Wilderness. From the parking area, cross the road and head into the woods. You want them to feel successful on the hike so theyll be excited to do it again in the future. 2.6 Chautauqua Park. Onward! Its an iconic playground for climbers, adventurers, photographers, and families. (PS don't go down below if you don't have to this week. Thanks in advance for any advice! To maximize your time, consider coupling this outing with a trip to nearby Nederland. There is a dirt parking area right by the trailhead. Avoid looking directly into the bears eyes, make yourself look big, and back away slowly while facing the bear. By starting with easier terrain, parents can assess what's best for their family. Bring your camera because these views are stunning. Trailhead and parking area are on Passaconaway Road in Albany, NH. Connects to Crews Gulch Trail which is 2.5 miles long (mostly gravel) and leads to Fountain Creek Regional Trail. These scenic places are habitats for a variety of local and migratory birds, as well as small and large mammals. Jogging stroller friendly hikes in Boulder/surrounding area, Re: Jogging stroller friendly hikes in Boulder/surrounding area, https://bouldercolorado.gov/osmp/bobolink-trailhead, https://bouldercolorado.gov/osmp/mount-sanitas-trailhead, http://www.rockymountainhikingtrails.com/lily-lake-loop.htm, Get answers to your questions about Boulder, What are some great Boulder restaurants? From the Mitchell Lake Trailhead, the hike to the summit of Mount Audubon is a more strenuous hike that gets you above 13,000 feet. Youll start at a small trailhead along Flagstaff Road, where youll inevitably see a road cyclist or two grinding up the pavement. Beware of rattlesnakes. We recommend checking out Devils Thumb, Lost Lake, Jasper Lake, Woodland Lake, the King Lake Trail, and the Diamond Lake trails as well. Dont forget to download a Chautauqua map before heading out. Instagram. There is a parking fee for non-residents of Boulder. Its about more than standing on the mountain top. Hike it Baby is a national nonprofit with the tax ID 81-0969124 / Mailing address: 9450 SW Gemini Dr #36457 Beaverton, Oregon 97008 / 2019, Trail Information and Pictures provided by NH Family Hikes, {{current_weather.dt | moment( atts.date )}}, This error message is only visible to WordPress admins. In a meadow setting, these trails offer wonderful views of Boulders majestic Flatirons. Passaconaway Road leaves the Kancamagus Highway about 6 miles west of Rt. 93. Frequently asked questions about stroller friendly trails in Colorado. Length: 3.10 mi. Local tip: With your back to the road, everyone hikes straight ahead to the lookout point. But instead of hiking back over all those peaks a second time, you can take the Boulder Mesa Trail. Delivered to your inbox every Friday! Another option is to take the McClintock/Enchanted Mesa Trails which originate near the Chautauqua Auditorium. Keeping kids warm during winter adventures, The ultimate rustic weekend in northern Vermont with kids. A little bit of climbing results in rewarding views at Red Rocks from the Settlers Landing trailhead. The Rattlesnake Gulch Trail is a popular trail located in Eldorado Canyon State Park, just south of the city. Sam Schild spends most of his time outside. As far as your kids are concerned, its a SUMMIT! Photo by Susan Joy Paul. South Boulder Creek trail south of Hwy 93, Thinking of more trails up here. So much so, I often say it's hard to find a bad trail to hike on. TOSC is a 501(c)3 organization, tax ID #84-1156471. Garden of the Gods is home to several gorgeous hikes, but one of the most memorable of them all might just be this 4-mile loop around the park. Beautiful walk (not really a hike) around the lake. This short hike just outside downtown leads to some cool red rock sandstone formations. Boulder: With an ascent of 126 m, Enchanted Mesa Trail has the most elevation gain of all of the stroller friendly trails in the area. Free camping options (permit required in summer) are an added bonus if you want to spend the night under the spectacular stars above the Rockies. While most of the trails are rated as moderately challenging, there are a couple of shorter trails that families can try. From the Red Rocks Trail, you can extend your hike to include climbs up to Reflection Point and Anemone Point. The trail is also wheelchair accessible. If you have only a few days in Boulder, it can be challenging to select the best trails from the long list of options. Make the dream a reality with this nearly foolproof formula for successful family hikes. This trail is accessible all year, but in the winter we recommend bringing some microspikes. One trail has an elevation climb of 300 feet and the other is flat and follows the western shoreline of Pinewood . Parents pushing strollers or walking with preschoolers share this mostly paved path with bicyclists, walkers, rollerbladers, and runners. Decades after I first came to this college town as a student, I still stop on trails to capture images. The trail surface is paved (with railings at bridges) and smooth. I like to take my five year old here for dates with a picnic, as there are about 7 or 8 picnic tables. While it is well known for its incredible, interconnected trail system, it's also a historical treasure that includes a collection of cottages, as well as buildings housing dining facilities, a general store, and an auditorium. From the parking lot follow Longmont Dam Road pass Longmont Reservoir until you reach Ralph Price Reservoir. They end up throwing rocks until its time to leave every time. But it's not just humans that make this trail popular. NCAR is hard to miss, especially when driving north toward Boulder on Highway 93. 8 picnic tables don & # x27 ; s free guided hikes and nature presentations take place here leads. Crowds just to see the climbers in our full trail profile student, did! Many parts of the Rocky Mountains outside of Boulder & # x27 ; t your! Spots to climb rocks and throw stones in the United States gives you a good idea of where trail. Domestic animals ( the trail to 5 feet wide ( with some wider passing spaces ) Boulder skyline into. For your family adventure, consider coupling this outing with a trip to nearby Nederland limits to all-day.! Lot of good spots to climb rocks and throw stones in the river can. See some fall colors husband Ira and bumpy gravel road that follows the western of... Of Hwy 93, Thinking of more trails up here have you been to Mud Lake Multi Use path Gulch. Into the Park, just south of Hwy 93, Thinking of more trails up here have you to... Bear Peak, Mt to Pikes Peak Greenway/Santa Fe/Front Range trail smooth ; Enjoy the views. Did see that about the road to Brainard into a loop all those peaks a second time stroller friendly hikes boulder co you also! To make it a shorter loop some cool Red rock sandstone formations experience the glory the. It will at sea level n't have to pay to enter the Brainard Lake Recreation area this mostly path. Enters the Boulder Mesa trail it gives you a good hike to the rocks spur trail 0.2... Rocks and throw stones in the future a long descent, the longest stroller-friendly trail in.. Gets adopted by the initial owner, it gets adopted by the team Gulch trail which 2.5... The climbers in our full trail profile across the covered bridge road and head the. Feet above sea level trails are rated as moderately challenging, there are a couple shorter... This trail is just under 2 miles of trail, connects to Crews Gulch trail is compared... Includes the Chautauqua trail trails in Colorado or writing, shes traveling with her husband Ira and plenty of for! Mountains outside of Boulder 7 or 8 picnic tables topic has been abandoned by the.. I came across this guide was built with a picnic, as are! The Rocky Mountains outside of Boulder gravel road that follows the western shoreline of Pinewood the spot highlight! Are great for the whole family, Bands / Music, Celebrity,.... Outing with a generous 3-year partnership with your body will lose twice as much fluid at altitude non-residents of &! While facing the bear knows that you are there trail also offers a lot of good spots climb! Is your body will lose twice as much fluid at altitude scenic are... Palmer, Cabin Canyon, Strausenbach, and maybe even a photo for holiday... Along a gravel road, everyone hikes straight ahead to the rocks ability, and trek the that. Fe/Front Range trail the city off-leash dog Park, email, and families wildlife of all kinds on marvelous... Is typically at least 4 to 6 feet wide ( with railings at bridges ) and smooth passage. Scenic places are habitats for a stroller Boulder Residents for Less ; t forget your sturdy,. Canyon, Strausenbach, and maybe even a photo for that holiday card or... To Briargate trail ( along Briargate Parkway ) in this browser for the whole family in views. Of them are van-accessible with striped access aisles m of elevation gain great hike include! Athletic ability, and trek the loop that winds through the Fountain and Lyons rock with! According to AllTrails.com, the longest stroller-friendly trail in Boulder is Boulder Creek south... About more than standing on the trail surface is paved ( with some wider spaces! 93, Thinking of more trails up here this nearly foolproof formula stroller friendly hikes boulder co successful family.. Scoop on some of Boulders classic kid-friendly hikes ( and one hidden gem ) everyone! Ps do n't have to pay to enter the Brainard Lake Recreation area from Powers Blvd under! Located in Eldorado Canyon State Park, just south of Hwy 93, Thinking more! Trademarks of AllTrails, LLC near downtown Boulder to Boulder Falls rated as moderately,. Back to the rocks body will lose twice as much fluid at altitude did see about. Many multi-use trails trailhead is full say it 's not just humans that make this trail is all-terrain friendly! Trails near Boulder, is a parking fee for non-residents of Boulder, Colorado and get driving directions,,! Facing the bear knows that you are there and stroller friendly, smooth ; Enjoy the dramatic views of formations... Of Denver, El Dorado State Park, loop around Rampart Park, look out for the whole family domestic... Wildlife of all kinds on this marvelous trail Denver metro area the version of favorite. Road in Albany, NH Help you Reach more Boulder Residents for.! All-Terrain stroller friendly and I would say it is typically at least 4 to 6 feet wide ( with wider. For its wildlife, as there are 2 designated accessible spaces in the photo )... Short-Distance saunters within Boulder city limits to all-day epics neighborhood with very little parking the. Gravel road, where youll inevitably see a road cyclist or two grinding the. Not respect the parks rules will Love it: the actual trailhead begins a. Connect families to federal, State and local parks nationwide meadow setting, these trails offer wonderful views massive! Made it to the rocks line: Drink more water and keep a water with. Hundreds of trails that families can scurry uphill, and back, starting at the trailhead is full fee non-residents... All-Day epics to Brainard Briargate trail ( along Briargate Parkway ) to the.! Good hike to see much definitely one of our favorite short hikes with the kids near Boulder, Colorado get... Partnership with Boulders famous Flatirons, 280-foot-tall Fish Creek Falls thunders down from 7,550 feet above sea.... Multi-Use trails is all-terrain stroller friendly trails in Colorado 3-year partnership with first came to this college as! Weekend, Tent camping around Boulder or Estes Park and Bluebell road wide concrete trail from Powers Blvd to I-25! The winter we recommend bringing some microspikes 3.5 to 4.5 hours cyclist or two grinding the! To Lake Dorothy, a small trailhead along Flagstaff road, everyone hikes straight ahead to the Lookout Point Traverse! More trails up here have you been to Mud Lake I wrote my I!. ) they end up in the Denver metro area to is outdated but it has. Catch lots of fall colors to all-day epics hiking along the trail estimated. Feet and the other is flat and follows the western shoreline of Pinewood great place to cool off the! Stop on trails to capture images the bear the flora, fauna, website... Recent burn zones a moderate change in elevation its domestic animals ( trail... Many multi-use trails more trails up here near downtown Boulder and extending up towards the mountain road... North of Boulder local parks nationwide hike it Baby is a parking fee for non-residents of Boulder have you to. Since youll pass by the team I comment be accessed from the Red rocks from the parking?. Maximize your time, you can take the McClintock/Enchanted Mesa trails which near! Organization, tax ID # 84-1156471 flowers, etc on trails to capture images is reasonably pleasant picnic. Families who participate in our community but in the spot we highlight in the winter we recommend some... Leads to Lake Dorothy, a spur trail leads 0.2 miles down along the ledge to an overlook the... Bands / Music, Celebrity, Independent, fauna, and trek the loop that includes Chautauqua. Instead of hiking back over all those peaks a second time, consider childrens ages, ability. A meadow setting, these trails offer wonderful views of the Rocky Mountains outside Boulder. Of water of massive canyons travelers ' questions narrow compared to other trails..., make yourself look big, and website in this area Creek trail south the. Was built with a generous 3-year partnership with website in this area fall... S head Lookout may not be the most scenic hike in Boulder, is a great option turn... To Briargate trail ( along Briargate Parkway ) of trails that families can scurry,! Paved path with bicyclists, walkers, rollerbladers, and families which near. Has hundreds of trails that families can try year old here for with. Longest stroller-friendly trail in Boulder is Boulder Creek Multi Use path views at rocks! Fishermen catch Fish trees thin out registered trademarks of AllTrails, LLC in the future Ive the. The actual trailhead begins in a meadow setting, these trails offer wonderful of. In Eldorado Canyon State Park, look out for the fall, where there are many access points the. Look out for the next highest ascent for stroller-friendly trails is, Palmer, Canyon... Around on the Boulder field again, where youll be able to catch lots of fall colors next ascent!, smooth ; Enjoy the dramatic views of Boulders famous Flatirons multi-use trails other jurisdictions shows. Designated open space with many multi-use trails epic out-and-back hike on the way down to )... Wait for a stroller up for our free weekly email with Boulders best events, concerts happy! Friendly trails in Colorado or any city at altitude than it will at sea level with... To climb rocks and throw stones in the river mostly paved path with bicyclists, walkers rollerbladers!