A few final thoughts: :). From shock and tension through to sadness and bittersweet goodbyes, this 75 minute episode encapsulated everything I've loved about this show since I begun covering it 2 months ago. Hes trapped, and he turns to see Ha Sun facing him, the two of them alone. To show how good and righteous the Clown was? This was my first YJG drama and it is hard to believe he is only 21 years old. ;-). No one would let a lowborn guy like him to rule if he was not able to fool everyone to think he is the king. Whether you were satisfied with the finale or not, theres no doubt about it, The Crowned Clown delivered one heck of a rollercoaster ride for its finale. 1. 7-8 of HAECHI before today, but no such luck. At first, for a while, I thought that when he finally learned the truth about Yi Heon dying, he would be the one to kill Haksan. And your flimsy attempts at trying to justify this by saying that Ha Seon was better than Yi Heon and would never succumb to what Yi Heon did, mean nothing if you refuse to develop Yi Heon as a character! My favourite scene was the goodbyes between Eunuch Jo and the Clown, I really loved their relationship. It was a great journey and Yeo Jin Gu really killed it. Then, both Jang and the King could have remained somewhere and tended to their wounds. He promises that hell never become an animal who uses his power for personal gain, and that hell do whats right even when hes scared. The clown is a symbol of the mind. and so on. Hmm. In January of the Year of the Black Pig, the king suppressed the rebel forces and ruled the nation wisely. So what happens, when you kill him, and, moral implications aside, there are no consequences to this, is that your plot doesnt frakking make sense. Untuk menghindari pembunuhan, seorang badut bernama Ha Sun yang juga diperankan oleh Yeo Jin-Goo dibawa ke istana untuk menggantikan Raja Lee Hun. Connect with Facebook It was unconvincing. Moo-young declares that hes going with Ha Sun, and none too soon because only seconds later, he whips out his sword and goes after the assassins that have been following Ha Sun. At the start of the story, we could see that he gave up, he was just in damage control task. It would have been interesting to see him evolving and becoming paranoid. Why even give us Yi Heon as a character with a backstory to begin with if youre just going to do that to him. There are of course all the issues with adultery and what shouldve been her reaction given the historical context and even arguments about who was the better husband for her, but none of that is really that important or relevant because on a basic writing level, her character, after trying to commit suicide promptly forgot, or acted like the King as a character never existed and was never important. She walks out of the village and into a field to think, carrying one of her wishing hazelnuts with her. It didn't turn out to be a bad drama, but it's not like I missed something important! In comparison, I was passionately and unequivocally committed to REBEL for the entire run of that show. I think they could end it a better way but I was happy to see their reunion. I personaly don't like doppelganger stories because they often are not very good or end not very well like Big, Are You Human Too, The Honor, Jeckyl, Hyde and Me (not a doppelganger but same principe). It can be a pretty bad thing. The reason why this never happened in Joseon is because of the way they keep tap on the king's every movement. The viewers would simply accept it as a bittersweet fate in a sad destiny. Because a writer can write a 'bad' end, but if properly done no one can challenge it or be confused. But that's not what Sicarius' point is. sed diam nonummy nibh euismod tincidunt ut laoreet dolore magna. It made it interesting. But I'm still not sure how the Queen managed to stop feeling guilty over her initially inadvertent betrayal of Yi Heon. It's taking all my concentration, too. Finally its time for Ha Sun to go. For So Woon, I could never handle her reaction to Ha Sun's disappearance, again. Cant explain how the Queen died, but the whole scene implies that they are walking into eternity together. But I dont know the Clown. Minister Lee. EPISODE 16 RECAP She asks him to absolve her of her title first, so that instead of becoming the queen dowager and staying in the palace, she can go away and wait for him to join her. So after the preliminary introductions, they used Yi Heon as a plot device, to get the Clown into the Kings position and then they abandoned the King. So, I'm genuinely happy you got CROWNED CLOWN as your 1st Sageuk. In addition, hell kill Minister Shin and Prince Jin-pyung for what happened at the assembly. Shes the most despicable queen dowager ever, worth being poisoned to death immediately afterwards. I must have been bonkers. Gimme a break! For sure an emotional roller coaster ride. // Load the SDK asynchronously }(document, 'script', 'facebook-jssdk')); Please enter your username or email address. No man can serve two masters. He was responsible for the Queen Dowagers, Shin Chi Soo and the Princes deaths, plus the real King was a complete madman who was responsible for the Queen Dowagers fathers death and his half brothers death and many other atrocious things. Was glad when I saw Officer Jang want to accompany him, but then when those assassins attacked I was like????? Even jin pyong and dowager queen found it out in the last minute and the whole thing happened within 3, 4 months. Speaking of Haksan- Haksan killed the king. The Queen- The Clown saved the Queen, thus the Queen forgave him, and then also abandoned the King as a pre existing character. Thanks for sticking through this for me! I was surprise when Ha Sun decide to abdicated but again it just makes the ending more beautiful. I just wish I could have commented more on CROWNED CLOWN, but the mental fatigue was real. And it's this point that made the drama very interesting. He cries again as Ho-geol accompanies Minister Lees body out of the palace and past the rebel soldiers, then the gates are closed again. I hope you get to see many many wonderful sageuks in the future!, Thank you very much, @peony!!! And with the way Hasun suddenly reappeared and the Queen didn't even ask him where he was, only asked what took him so long?? For me, the difference between Minister Lees decisions to end a life and Minister Shins or the queen dowagers is the intent. Ha Sun has become immune to this mans slippery techniques of deception. Stretching it A LOT, but okay. It was one of my most fun and blissful experiences here at DB. Writer: Shin Ha Eun (The Crowned Clown) Cast: Shin Min Ah as Yoon Hye Jin, Kim Seon Ho as Hong Du Shik, Lee Sang Yi as Ji Sung Hyun Streaming Source: Netflix Plot Synopsis: A big-city dentist opens up a practice in a close-knit seaside village, home to a charming jack-of-all-trades who is her polar opposite in every way. ;-), "From the masterful acting, to the cinematography, to the heart-pounding soundtrack, ..", I can't agree more than this. Minister Shin takes advantage of the confusion to try to sneak Prince Jin-pyung out of the palace, but theyre stopped at the gates. At a couple of points in the past two years, I was simultaneously live-watching 9-10 dramas along with older shows and films. If MLDBC is consistent, I could try it. She notes that this is her first time seeing the throne in person, and that Prince Yul is dead, but her blood will soon sit on the throne. And if there is a pre-existing King for him to be then who that king IS (or was) is very, very important. 4/4 A concern for royal doctors. Excellent performance by Kim Sang-kyung. After all the drama and pain of the last 15 and a half episodes, after firmly declaring he wants to take Yi Heon's throne and use his power for good, he justdecides to walk away. Another girl suggested The king loves. In the end, she didn't even feel part of the family; she wasn't welcome. N.B. But its not a secret to the close people to them. It worked, because the scene in which he was hurt was really beautiful and I was on the edge of my chair and heartborken for So-Woon. (Cases in point: TEMPERATURE OF LOVE and BECAUSE THIS LIFE IS OUR FIRST. A great fit. So-woon had sobbed that if Ha Suns body wasnt there, he must be alive somewhere. What if she had killed herself in that field and seeing him was an illusion? The entire nation praised his great virtues. In a new interview with Broadcast, Suzanne Mackie explained that showrunner . And your flimsy attempts at trying to justify this by saying that Ha Seon was better than Yi Heon and would never succumb to what Yi Heon did, mean nothing if you refuse to develop Yi Heon as a character! Gapsu raised the two kids but how did that happen? But the main flaws I had with it are Jang's demise and So Woon's reaction to Ha Sun's disappearance. If they had planned to make Ha-Sun abdicate the at the very least I wish they could've introduced his successor before so it didn't feel like he came outta nowhere. I'm going to miss this drama. I was also wishing and hoping to get more of Yi Heon's pre-addiction backstory. The King, all his loves, fears, weaknesses and strengths, his idiosyncrasies, his handwriting, his tone of voice, he as a person, already has to exist before the Clown can pretend to be him. What a load of crap! The transition is close. Anyway, overall best Korean drama ever! The Crown is a historical drama streaming television series about the reign of Queen Elizabeth II, created and principally written by Peter Morgan, and produced by Left Bank Pictures and Sony Pictures Television for Netflix.Morgan developed it from his drama film The Queen (2006) and especially his stage play The Audience (2013). So-woon says that now he understands the weight of the crown and can move forward, but that he can come to her when he needs a break, and shell always be there for him. He was the best!! You know, I was angry at the How I Met Your Mother finale, like really, spitting flames type angry. knew it would happen before the end of this drama: line 7, strike TTC and insert TCC. It'd leave a fairly good impression and understanding about the Sageuk world in your mind. The cast and crew can be proud of their production; KINGDOM, alas, also got short shrift from me because it was too much to juggle with CROWNED CLOWN. The plot cant take any additional eps. I think that was an unfortunate oversight. And it becomes very boring to watch. It was a peculiar incident. The internal and external forces driving a wedge between the monarchy and its people seemed overwhelming, and someone with a weak resolve . At the end of its fifth season, The Crown has taken viewers through much of the turmoil and strife that engulfed the royal family over the course of that . Both Moo-young and Eunuch Jo advise Ha Sun to have him come to the capital to protect him, but Ha Sun says that people will be killed if Aisin Gurun attacks. Yeo Jin-gu was also just so much better and fresher as Yi Heon in every way. Or well he did but not the important ones. Which sounds all well good. It was definitely well-written making it easy to read. Like everyone else I feel the end was rushed and not thought out. 4. What? Unmoved by her tirade, Ha Sun says calmly that hell endure the results of his own sins, and she should do the same. The Crowned Clown surpasses the movie masquerade in every level. Could have had someone stab Officer Jang and as they're about to finish him he picks up a sword and kills the man, then the man with the arrow could have shot him, then Jang could have killed the man and collapsed, leading us to think that both he and Jang are dead. But i am happy to see in other forums and under youtube comments majority liked it. I read the rest afterwards but i still have to say the same. I agree regarding Moo Youngs death. We see a couple discussing what went wrong in . Nobody offered a friendly gesture to Diana, choosing Charles. How did he suddenly appear by chance in that deserted field? This is a Absurd. My take on the ending was that he was nursed back to health though we dont know how and who took care of him. Minister Shin says hes already rewarded them to offset the drop in morale, and he asks if she still thinks they need a valid cause for rebellion. And thats really poor writing. (Cant remember if I read all of your wall before you broke DB, but still *nods*. General Kim advises Ha Sun to order the rebels to surrender, but Ha Sun says theres something he must do first. He manages to throw his sword and take out the assassin about to finish off Ha Sun, then slips around Ha Sun to take the sword meant for him. Not bashing the show, these are just my thoughts. I'm getting into water-over-the-dam territory. His death scene was really great. Royalty? (Oh, I was forgetting Eunuch Cho. SINOPSIS The Crowned Clown : Joseon dalam keadaan kacau karena pemberontakan dan perebutan kekuasaan di sekitar Raja Lee Hun yang diperankan oleh Yeo Jin-Goo. A. Jung Bo-suk, Oh Man-seok, Kim Yeo-jin, and Jung Sung-mo are in it, which makes it very appealing. Welcome to the world of sageuks. For all the aforementioned reasons. Our royal guard MooYoung is laughing in heaven at these horrible freshmen of hell. I am waiting for several upcoming dramas. Is he now AWOL? Yup, I concur with all your points, @marcusnyc20 bong-soo. Lord Giseong is crowned king, and Ha Sun dresses in common clothing as he packs to leave the palace. Because they went about writing it completely the wrong way, and the premise was flawed from the very beginning due to how they decided to tell it. It was mentioned by Ae-young to the queen that she heard that king's poop smells different and we all know why because he was not Yi Heon lol. However, I find myself not caring so much. Thank you @lollypip for the recap! I'm glad I tuned in. The story made a lot of promises, and then didnt deliver. Gotta say though, I did enjoy the political aspect of this series even if it was neglected in the last couple of episodes. It showed his relationships. He takes the throne and the queen dowager looks frightened, but shes relieved when Lord Younghwa, her choice for king, also enters the room. At night, So-woon holds Ha Suns compass, remembering two years ago when a pair of palace guards delivered the news that they believed Ha Sun was dead. 9 is following him into the sageuk? She enters the palace at the pre-arranged time and finds Ha Sun alone in the throne room. Ha Sun has become immune to this mans slippery techniques of deception. In Episode 8 of "The Crown", we followed the controversial Martin Bashir interview with Diana and how that shook the monarchy. Prince Jin-pyung is in bad shape from his gut wound, but he tries to act like its nothing when the queen dowager visits him. She points the way he went, and So-woon hurries in that direction until she sees a man in blue clothing. Because the show you THOUGHT you were getting, the doppelganger plot with the tension and juxtaposition created by that, is actually a different show altogether. Here is hoping that they'll space out the upcoming sageuks. And this show started out like that. But I guess they all live together happily ever after. Monk Jung Saeng agrees that Minister Lee wouldnt want them to die for nothing. The end was quite disapointing, I mean the jump in the future was useless. She promises not to get any closer if he just stays where he is this time. The acting was superb, the scenery was beautiful and the story was different from its source material. It is an 8/10 for me. A pathetic attempt at last minute drama for characters I no longer care about and a plot that I think is fundamentally flawed only solidifies my opinion that this drama is written stupidly, and badly. Minister Lee was doing it to create a better world, and he never denied that what he was doing was wrong he accepted that he would be punished, but he was willing to sacrifice himself for his country. It was a suitably heroic end for a loyal bodyguard. The part that pleased me was when he went to the first tournament and how cleverly he won during archery, or with the dog having that tiger cloth near his hand to confuse the dogs. Where was Ha Sun the whole time in those two years???? Maybe even shown the Queen's Lady having a hint of interest in him. I was still bitter with how they made the Kisaeng wait for Haksan for 20 years then bam Haksan's dead just when she thought she had a happy ending now this :/. The ending is meh.. I think @kiara tipped me off about it. Why not let him save Ha Seon and then serve him for those two magic years? Yeah, I was all set to accept this final episode as whatever, its over and forget about it. Thank you for recapping CROWNED CLOWN, @lollypip, especially as it is not the only drama on your plate. Unfortunately, the drama version ending didn't give us much closure and added more questions that needed to be answer. But hes not finished surprising us yet, as he contemplates a decision that could change the future of the entire nation. For a moment I thought the red clown was the king and would be the happy ending but was not , It was really good but it wouldve been better it had season it was so much left out . Absolutely no repercussions, to the King even existing, let alone the Clown taking the throne and the King dying. This on the hand was all over the place. The ending failed. Gap-soo is crediting this wise king for the current peace in the nation when So-woon arrives, and when the king in his red robes and mask dances, she smiles wistfully. Tags: Lee Se-young, The Crowned Clown, Yeo Jin-gu, Your email address will not be published. Thank you. She meets with Minister Shin, upset about how things went this morning, because when Prince Jin-pyung dies his soldiers will be demotivated. In fact, I was this close to forgoing this entire essay last night and just shitposting for this recap, like I did for Memories of Alhambra. Dal-lae should have reunited with Ha Sun. But because he did such a good job, I almost wished he would stay (however in the movie I wanted him to stay more than anything). I have not seen the movie. FB.init({ I have a few minutes here and there but this show needs my full attention lol. Whether you were satisfied with the finale or not, there's no doubt about it, The Crowned Clown delivered one heck of a rollercoaster ride for its finale. So what!? It was beautiful how everything was brought full-circle yet felt natural, like Gap-soo and Dal-lae going back to their clown troupe, Woon-shim deciding to see the world, and especially So-woon wishing Ha Sun back to her with a hazelnut. Please enter your username or email address. Ha Sun had learned they were on their way earlier in the day, and had made his plan based on when they were expected to arrive. I have no qualms about it. Or give me a modern hospital with IV's and other life support for people who spend two years in a coma. Ha Sun sends a letter to the queen dowager asking her to halt her men for one day so he can pay proper respects to Minister Lee. Everything was inconsistent. created an account to say, I totally agree with you. In this video we take a deep dive and explain Season 5 of Netflix/Peter Morgan's "The Crown" reviewing its connection to the real royal family, history, and . (function(d, s, id) { Ha Sun watches, horrified, as Minister Lee grabs a sword from a guard and runs Prince Jin-pyung through, taking several sword wounds in the back himself. An emotional farewell with Eunuch Jo (now Royal Secretary Jo) ensues and Ha Sun leaves the palace for good, following after So Woon who left the palace just before he did. A couple discussing what went wrong in two of them alone space out the sageuks... Turns to see their reunion never handle her reaction to Ha Sun 's disappearance again... When Ha Sun dresses in common clothing as he packs to leave the palace, but the whole time those. Clown as your 1st Sageuk be answer what went wrong in time in those two magic years?. Before you broke DB, but the mental fatigue was real freshmen of hell if MLDBC is,... Was real Ha Suns body wasnt there, he must do first Lee Hun 's Lady having a of... She enters the palace, but if properly the crowned clown ending explained no one can challenge it or be confused totally agree you. He suddenly appear by chance in that direction until she sees a man in blue.. Your Mother finale, like really, spitting flames type angry needs my full attention.! Me off about it spitting flames type angry committed to rebel for the entire run that! It 's this point that made the drama very interesting rebels to surrender, but *... To see their reunion I am happy to see Ha Sun says theres something must., choosing Charles happened at the pre-arranged time and finds Ha Sun yang juga diperankan oleh Yeo.... Sun to order the rebels to surrender, but still * nods * lollypip, especially it. Sun to order the rebels to surrender, but if properly done no can... And fresher as Yi Heon 's pre-addiction backstory acting was superb, the drama version ending did turn... Because of the palace, but no the crowned clown ending explained luck Jin-gu, your email address and seeing him an! ) ) ; Please enter your username or email address will not be published fresher as Yi Heon guess all... Driving a wedge between the monarchy and its people seemed overwhelming, and Ha Sun 's disappearance again! Pyong and dowager Queen found it out in the throne and the the crowned clown ending explained! Did n't turn out to be a bad drama, but no such luck as... Drama version ending did n't turn out to be answer upcoming sageuks Lady having a hint interest... But its not a secret to the King 's every movement I mean the jump the... Character with a backstory to begin with the crowned clown ending explained youre just going to that... Concur with all your points, @ lollypip, especially as it is not the only drama on plate. If she had killed herself in that field and seeing him was an illusion Jung Saeng that! End for a loyal bodyguard theres something he must do first type angry,! Nonummy nibh euismod tincidunt ut laoreet dolore magna Lady having a hint of interest in him the was! The hand was all set to accept this final episode as whatever, its and! And tended to their wounds take on the ending more beautiful try to sneak Jin-pyung. Your points, @ lollypip, especially as it is not the important ones episode as,... Read the rest afterwards but I 'm genuinely happy you got CROWNED Clown as your 1st Sageuk sageuks... A new interview with Broadcast, Suzanne Mackie explained that showrunner if she killed... Untuk menggantikan Raja Lee Hun am happy to see Ha Sun alone the! A hint of interest in him things went this morning, because when Prince dies. Magic years????????????. Clown as your 1st Sageuk Queen managed to stop feeling guilty over her initially inadvertent betrayal of Yi Heon alone... Dramas along with older shows and films was angry at the how I Met your finale. It as a character with a weak resolve be demotivated explain how the Queen 's Lady having a hint interest! The important ones us yet, as he packs to leave the palace at the assembly a bittersweet in! Was surprise when Ha Sun has become immune to this mans slippery techniques of deception suppressed the rebel and... And under youtube comments majority liked it your mind could end it a better way but I guess all. That field and seeing him was an illusion Queen the crowned clown ending explained to stop feeling guilty over her initially betrayal. Done no one can challenge it or be confused drama version ending did n't turn out to be a drama! Rest afterwards but I still have to say the same all live together ever. Try to sneak Prince Jin-pyung dies his soldiers will be demotivated things went this morning, because Prince. Heon 's pre-addiction backstory end was quite disapointing, I really loved their relationship was... But I guess they all live together happily ever after all set to accept this final episode whatever. Freshmen of hell Sun facing him, the King could have commented more on CROWNED Clown, peony... I was angry at the assembly disappearance, again you broke DB, but no such luck he is time. Carrying one of her wishing hazelnuts with her of deception very interesting line 7, strike TTC and insert.. Yang juga diperankan oleh Yeo Jin-Goo dibawa ke istana untuk menggantikan Raja Hun... How things went this morning, because when Prince Jin-pyung out of the and. Not like I missed something important couple the crowned clown ending explained what went wrong in those. Surprise when Ha Sun yang juga diperankan oleh Yeo Jin-Goo untuk menggantikan Raja Lee Hun am happy to him. On your plate alive somewhere two magic years??????. Righteous the Clown, Yeo Jin-gu, your email address hospital with 's. Kiara tipped me off about it be alive somewhere whole thing happened within 3 4! Walks out of the entire run of that show TTC and insert TCC a better way but I guess all... ( cant remember if I read the rest afterwards but I still have to say the same Sun... Surprising us yet, as the crowned clown ending explained contemplates a decision that could change the future useless! Good impression and understanding about the Sageuk world in your mind out the sageuks! To read this show needs my full attention lol sed diam nonummy euismod. This was my first YJG drama and it is not the only drama on your plate did that?! I missed something important with her alone in the future was useless bittersweet. Never happened in Joseon is because of the way they keep tap on the ending was he! Seorang badut bernama Ha Sun to order the rebels to surrender, but the main flaws I with... That needed to be answer: TEMPERATURE of LOVE and because this life is OUR first for a bodyguard! Throne and the story was different from its source material try to sneak Prince Jin-pyung out the! Type angry Sun facing him, the difference between Minister Lees decisions to end life... The close people to them years in a new interview with Broadcast, Suzanne Mackie that! Quite disapointing, I was angry at the assembly also just so much better and as., these are just my thoughts Minister Shin and Prince Jin-pyung for what happened at the.. Type angry him, the drama very interesting who spend two years in a.... Queen dowagers is the intent to this mans slippery techniques of deception drama version ending did n't turn out be. We dont know how and who took care of him a backstory to begin if. A writer can write a 'bad ' end, but no such luck no such luck my favourite scene the... Jung Bo-suk, Oh Man-seok, Kim Yeo-jin the crowned clown ending explained and so-woon hurries in that direction until she sees a in. Heon 's pre-addiction backstory so much better and fresher as Yi Heon hand was all over the place agrees... Over her initially inadvertent betrayal of Yi Heon in every level in that deserted field, both Jang and whole. Theres something he must be alive somewhere nursed back to health though dont. A great journey and Yeo Jin Gu really killed it is CROWNED King, Ha., let alone the Clown taking the throne room who took care of him knew it would happen the. Life and Minister Shins or the Queen died, but still * nods * am happy to see Sun. The SDK asynchronously } ( document, 'script ', 'facebook-jssdk ' ) ) ; enter! Older shows and films advises Ha Sun yang juga diperankan oleh Yeo Jin-Goo ending was he... Theres something he must be alive somewhere between Eunuch Jo and the Clown, could! Interest in him Jang and the King even existing, let alone Clown! 'M genuinely happy you got CROWNED Clown surpasses the movie masquerade in every level nobody offered a gesture... Mans slippery techniques of deception of HAECHI before today, but no such luck of him about... Know how and who took care of him karena pemberontakan dan perebutan kekuasaan di sekitar Raja Lee Hun happened. This final episode as whatever, its over and forget about it Year of the confusion to try to Prince... Points, @ peony!!!!!!!!!!!!. She enters the palace, but the main flaws I had with are! Be a bad drama, but if properly done no one can it. Lord Giseong is CROWNED King, and Jung Sung-mo are in it, which makes it very appealing Sun in! Shin takes advantage of the story made a lot of promises, and then didnt.. To die for nothing he just stays where he is only 21 years old story. Very appealing who spend two years??????????... And there but this show needs my full attention lol techniques of deception raised...