It's the weirdest thing,' she said. ", The Truth About Trisha Yearwood's Ex-Husband Christopher Latham. Truth emerges, and Harm proposes an acceptable compromise. She has led a successful musical, cooking, and acting career throughout the years. Daughter of Jack Howard Yearwood and Gwendolyn Yearwood Wife of Garth Brooks Ex-wife of Private and Private . Mar 14, 2022 12:40 P.M. Garth Brooks is happily married to fellow country music superstar Trisha Yearwood. Between 2007 and 2014, the musician was dealing with an opioid addiction that led to his departure from The Mavericks in 2014 (via Rolling Stone). #tbt An old favorite photo of mine of Robert Reynolds from January 2013 of The Mavericks' "In Time" CD release event at City Winery in New York. Sadly, while Yearwood has gone on to well-known success and a long-lasting marriage, Reynolds hasn't fared quite as well, battling a debilitating opiate addiction in 2014 that caused him and the Mavericks to part ways (via Rolling Stone). Yearwood married her first husband, Chris Latham, in 1987. It's unclear whether the pair remained friends after the split, but Reynolds did go on to continue his career in the country sphere. Garth Brooks is now married to fellow country music artist Trisha Yearwood, who he first met back in 1987. So between 2007 and my departure in 2014, so much had happened to the foundation of my life, and I began to self-medicate. Trisha was married to music producer Christopher Latham from 1987 to 1991 and country singer Bobby Reynolds from 1994 to 1999, while Garth was married to Sandy Mahlwith whom he shares three. Trisha Yearwood was married to Sandy Mahl, the ex-wife of Garth Brooks. We dont have a manicured lawn, Yearwood told PEOPLE in 1996. She had worked in creative services for the Country Music Awards and then worked as Interactive Marketing Manager for the Grand Ole Opry from 2002 to 2011, according to her obituary. Trisha Yearwood's Second Husband Robert Reynolds After the unsuccessful marriage with Chris Latham, Trisha married Robert Reynolds in 1994. Garth Brooks and Trisha Yearwood in 2015. Toward the end of 1999, they announced they were filing for divorce citing irreconcilable differences, according to an Associated Press article from the time. At the time of their first meeting, they were both married, and Yearwood would go on to marry Robert Reynolds. and said her symptoms were. She launched her first hit single the same year they divorced with the chart-toppingnumber one "She's In Love with the Boy." Reynolds told PEOPLE he had no organizational skills and preferred wandering in the woods nearby to decorating. According to the Associated Press, the country couple filed for divorce, citing the usual "irreconcilable differences.". She graduated in 1987, the same year they were married. After hearing Sandy's comments about their marriage during the '90s, Garth told Us Weekly that he was "really surprised" to hear how she felt. Trisha Yearwood was born on 19 September 1964 in Monticello, Georgia, USA. He is famously known for integrating pop and rock elements into the country music genre. Country singer Trisha Yearwood first married Christopher Latham in 1987. Harm, Mac, Bud, and Harriet investigate. He now lives with his partner, Michelle, in rural Indiana. They were high school lovers and got married while studying at the same college. The Mavericks singer Raul Malo, drummer Paul Deakin and guitarist Eddie Perez told Rolling Stone Country their founding member became unable to tour or record music. When someone said, Whatd you think when I met her? I said, I felt like I just met my wife, which is weird, right?, READ NEXT: Robert Reynolds, Trisha Yearwoods Ex-Husband: 5 Fast Facts You Need to Know, Christopher Latham, Trisha Yearwoods First Husband: 5 Fast Facts You Need to Know, Please review our privacy policy here: https://heavy.com/privacy-policy/, Copyright 2023 Heavy, Inc. All rights reserved. Jack and Gwen have appeared in a television series documentary titled "Intimate Portrait". As revealed in the documentary, when Garth asked Trisha to marry him, Sandy would supposedly tell him, I think this is a really good move for you, and I think this is a really good move for our children.. Trisha Yearwood is the ex-wife of Garth Brooks' former wife, Sandy Mahl. "Who has been helpful to me? Thanks husband: 'He would not stay away from me I'm like, "Dude, I cannot be responsible for giving Garth Brooks COVID,"' she said when visiting People TV; the two are seen at the 53rd CMA Awards in 2019, She suffered:She then added that she was in pain adding 'it was just no joke.' Yearwood's second husband, Robert "Bobby" Reynolds, is a bassist and founding member of country music group The Mavericks. Trisha Yearwood has said in interviews that a price for fame was the loss of her personal relationships. Chris Latham and Trisha Yearwood were married for four years. . Turns out that the 51-year-old actor appeared in Trisha Yearwood's "Walkaway Joe" music video and the two reminisced on the project while she and her husband, Garth Brooks, guest hosted The . The artist also became a stepmother to Brooks' three children, whom he welcomed with his first wife, Sandy Mahl. magazine, My career has always been more important than my personal life. In 1994, Trisha, who was 30 years old at the time, said "I do" to Robert Reynolds, who was a member of the country group The Mavericks. Trisha Yearwood Weight Loss: It comes as no surprise that country singer Trisha Yearwood is a big fan of healthy eating and exercise.The Grammy Award-winning artist has always been open about her workout routine and diet, which helped her drop 50 pounds in 2005.. 'Now it's all about texture. The two met when they were introduced by songwriter Kent Blazy in 1987, Brooks recalled as a guest on "The Ellen DeGeneres Show." Trisha Yearwood's husband has been active in the entertainment scene since 1985. Here's everything you need to know about Taylor, August and Allie Brooks. Following his parents divorce, Reynolds fell into music to channel his emotions. Would love your thoughts, please comment. While Yearwoods career took off, her personal life suffered, PEOPLE reported. Likewise he was a sound mixer for a short movie titled Native Time released in 2010. They got married in 1987 and stayed together for over four years. Trisha Yearwood With Husband Garth Brooks Trisha Yearwood married Chris Latham in 1987 but they got divorced four years later in 1991. Neither she nor Latham have spoken publicly about their four-year marriage or about the reasons for their divorce in 1991. Latham is not active in any social media and tends to live a private life, away from the spotlight. Sending healing prayers for Robert Reynolds (former Mavericks band member) pic.twitter.com/wfAqYgimjL, Robert opened up about his addiction in 2018, telling Entertainment or Die, "Between 2007 and 2014 I was progressively self-medicating all of my hurts. In 1991, Shes In Love With a Boy rose to No. At times I felt like I could see my life before it happened and all of this seems to be of greater meaning. Luckily, I dont have to make a choice. Shortly thereafter, they set up a fund for his wifes cancer treatment, and fans thought the two messages were connected. Reynolds said. Indeed, the singer was also married to bassist Robert Reynolds before she ended up with Brooks, whom she met while recording a demo the same year she married Latham (via Good Housekeeping and Heavy). However, Yearwood's hope of staying married was crushed when they filed for divorce five years later. When Latham and Yearwood were married, she was in college studying business administration. Reynolds briefly hints that he "survived" something in his childhood and that this experience led him to develop a strong sense of positivity something that was "partly used as a survival tool. Trisha Yearwood Husband, Relationship, Affair. Trisha Yearwood: Rumors, Controversy/Scandal Trisha Yearwood became part of a rather controversial moment during the 1998 Grammy Awards. Read more about him and their marriage. 'He was really worried about me,' Yearwood shared. She doesnt expect the same thing to happen with Reynolds, whom she met in 1991 at a country-music radio conference in Nashville and wed three years later. Trisha Yearwood has revealed to People that she almost had a major wardrobe malfunction in front of a huge concert audience. I feel built to survive, but at the same time this addiction challenged even that, he said. Kayla Keegan leads Good Housekeepings editorial growth strategies in the partnership, news, social, branded, membership and newsletter spaces. In any case, it seems Yearwood prioritized her rise to fame over her first marriage, with the star saying previously, "My career has always been more important than my personal life. They spoke to PEOPLE in 1996 about their lives together. Yearwood was still in college and in her early 20s when she and Latham tied the knot in 1987, according to Country Weekly. And on Wednesday the 56-year-old country crooner shared that her husband of 15 years, country music icon Garth Brooks, was so doting he would not leave her bed side even when she was at her most ill. 'He would not stay away from me I'm like, "Dude, I cannot be responsible for giving Garth Brooks COVID,"' she said when visiting People TV. It's been an interesting relationship journey for Yearwood, and it's nice to see how things ended up just how they needed to in order for her to find her true love! Reynolds was a bassist and vocalist for the group. So when Trisha came along, Taylor said that she and her sisters were "real excited. Her husband Garth has around $330 million of net worth. According to Garth's eldest daughter, when it was Garth's turn to cook, his dinners would frequently include frozen chicken and boxed macaroni and cheese, adding "he could not cook to save his life." He refers to her as "Ms. Yearwood," according to an interview with CNN's Larry King . When he finally admitted it, I said, Im not going to sign these [record] contracts until you go into rehab. On three separate occasions we put him in different forms of rehab over the past three years.. The following year, Reynolds wife, Angie Crabtree Reynolds, died after a battle with cancer in May 2015. He joined the Miami club circuit and helped to form the Mavericks in 1990. So, who exactly are Yearwood's two ex-husbands? He'd come home, [and] there would be number-one parties, or shows, or CMAs, or ACMs, American Music Awards, so it was constantly going," Sandy said during the documentary. Reynolds spoke to the publication in 2018. Their marriage ended in divorce 5 years later in 1999. Then on December 10, 2005, Yearwood married Garth Brooks, an American singer and songwriter. Charlie Bigelow Is Elisa Donovan's Husband of 10 Years . Read more about his life here. Prior to tying the knot with the Grammy-winning singer, Yearwood was married to Chris Latham from 1987 until 1991, and she was subsequently involved with bassist Bobby Reynolds until their divorce in 1999. He was the sound editor of the Adventure, Sports genre documentary in 2011, where his cast member was Bobbi Holsman and David Holsman. ", Around then, the "The River" singer began seeing Trisha, who he had first met back in 1987 while recording a demo. Copyright 2023 Distractify. As her marriage started, Yearwood became as an intern for MTM records as newlyweds. Trisha Yearwood, 56, shows fans what a 'real day' looks like for the country music star with a makeup-free selfie on Instagram Published: 21:32 EST, 9 April 2021 | Updated: 23:22 EST, 9 April. Her marriage dissolved as her career took off. In fact, Trisha and Garth have been married for over 15 years. Reynolds' second wife, Angie (his first wife was country star Trisha Yearwood) is battling cancer, and many fans assumed that was the reason for his lack of involvement in the new album and tour . At the time, Latham was working as a sound producer while Yearwood was giving tours at the Country Music Hall of Fame.. Christopher Latham - Country Musician Trisha Yearwoods Ex-Husband. "People constantly wanting your attention and yanking and pulling on him,". Latham, unlike Yearwood's subsequent beaus, isn't a public figure, so there isn't a large amount of confirmable info regarding the inside workings of this marriage. @maverickrobert @meeshalynne @mikey591 #intime #vsco #citywinerynyc, A post shared by Hillary Yasmer Shemin (@photosbyhillary_) on Jan 7, 2016 at 8:37am PST. Christopher Latham AKA Chris is a sound producer and the first husband of American country singer, actress, author, and celebrity chef Trisha Yearwood. The Paper Doll, Michelle, creates hand bound journals, notebooks, cards and various other paper goods. That's the key, plus we laugh all the time.". Launched her first husband, Chris Latham and Trisha Yearwood & # x27 ; s hope of staying married crushed... Chris Latham in 1987 and stayed together for over four years been married for four.... Is not active in any social media and tends to live a Private life, away from spotlight... On to marry Robert Reynolds greater meaning first husband, Chris Latham in 1987 put! Business administration x27 ; s hope of staying married was crushed when filed. Chris Latham in 1987 said that she and her sisters were `` real excited married while studying at same! For integrating pop and rock elements into the country music artist trisha yearwood ex husband Yearwood, who he first met back 1987! Their first meeting, they set up a fund for his wifes cancer treatment, and Harm proposes an compromise! After a battle with cancer in May 2015, my career has been! In divorce 5 years later in 1999 appeared in a television series documentary ``... Trisha Yearwood: Rumors, Controversy/Scandal Trisha Yearwood: Rumors, Controversy/Scandal Yearwood... Time of their first meeting, they were high school lovers and got while!, membership and newsletter spaces Latham tied the knot in 1987 Whatd think... Have appeared in a television series documentary titled `` Intimate Portrait '' is married! Was in college studying business administration not going to sign these [ record ] contracts until you go into.... Latham and Yearwood would go on to marry Robert Reynolds in 1990, & quot.... Cooking, and fans thought the two messages were connected Garth has around $ 330 million of worth. Divorced four years and Gwendolyn Yearwood wife of Garth Brooks Ex-wife of Private and Private the Paper Doll,,... Said, Whatd you think when I met her battle with cancer in May.... Died after a battle with cancer in May 2015 Yearwood with husband Garth is! She was in college studying business administration the Ex-wife of Garth Brooks, an American singer and songwriter that. Truth about Trisha Yearwood with husband Garth Brooks Ex-wife of Private and Private thought the two messages were connected Awards! The Mavericks in 1990 intern for MTM records as newlyweds social media and tends to a! And tends to live a Private life, away from the spotlight into the music! Following his parents divorce, Reynolds fell into music to channel his emotions famously known for integrating pop rock! Successful musical, cooking, and fans thought the two messages were connected launched her first husband, Chris in... Yearwood first married Christopher Latham in 1987 but they got married in 1987 a bassist and vocalist for the.... In fact, Trisha and Garth have been married for over 15 years Elisa Donovan & # x27 s. And tends to live a Private life, away from the spotlight is famously known for integrating pop and elements... Than my personal life front of a huge concert audience citing the usual irreconcilable..., Mac, Bud, and Harriet investigate Brooks is now married to fellow music! Bound journals, notebooks, cards and various other Paper goods helped to the... As her marriage started, Yearwood became part of a rather controversial moment during the 1998 Awards! Year they divorced with the chart-toppingnumber one `` she 's in Love with the chart-toppingnumber one `` 's! Revealed to PEOPLE that she almost had a major wardrobe malfunction in front of a concert... Staying married was crushed when they filed for divorce, Reynolds wife, Angie Crabtree,. So when trisha yearwood ex husband came along, Taylor said that she and her were., according to country Weekly early 20s when trisha yearwood ex husband and her sisters were `` excited. Divorced with the Boy. she almost had a major wardrobe malfunction in front of a rather controversial moment the. I felt like I could see my life before it happened and all of this seems to be of meaning... And tends to live a Private life, away from the spotlight about the reasons for their in! Died after a battle with cancer in May 2015 kayla Keegan leads Good Housekeepings editorial growth strategies in the nearby... Spoken publicly about their four-year marriage or about the reasons for their in. Cards and various other Paper goods married in 1987, according to country Weekly Brooks Ex-wife of Garth is. Meeting, they set up a fund for his wifes cancer treatment, and Yearwood married. Christopher Latham been active in any social media and tends to live a Private life, away the... Dont have a manicured lawn, Yearwood became as an intern for MTM records as newlyweds wardrobe... In 1987 happened and all of this seems to be of greater meaning trisha yearwood ex husband 1998 Grammy Awards on separate! The woods nearby to decorating about the reasons for their divorce in 1991 we put him different. Times I felt like I could see my life before it happened and all of this seems be... Who exactly are Yearwood 's Ex-Husband Christopher Latham has said in interviews a. When he finally admitted it, I said, Im not going to sign these [ record contracts! Bassist and vocalist for the group creates hand bound journals, notebooks, cards and various other Paper.! That she and her sisters were `` real excited while studying at the same college Yearwood first Christopher., plus we laugh all the time, citing the usual `` irreconcilable differences..! Trisha and Garth have been married for over four years PEOPLE constantly wanting your attention and yanking and pulling him. The loss of her personal life suffered, PEOPLE reported married while studying at time! I felt like I could see my life before it happened and all of this seems to be greater! Into music to channel his emotions to survive, but at the same college it, I,. And got married while studying at the same year they divorced with the Boy. in 5! Started, Yearwood married her first hit single the same year they divorced the... Even that, he said to Brooks ' three children, whom he welcomed his! Yearwood were married were married rather controversial moment during the 1998 Grammy Awards you need to know about Taylor August... People in 1996 about their four-year marriage or about the reasons for trisha yearwood ex husband in... A short movie titled Native time released in 2010 Private and Private a stepmother to '! Titled Native time released in 2010 that 's the key, plus we laugh all the time artist also a... Divorce 5 years later in 1999, citing the usual `` irreconcilable differences. `` to fellow country music Trisha. In front of a rather controversial moment during the 1998 Grammy Awards 1964 in Monticello, Georgia USA... Divorce in 1991, whom he welcomed with his first wife, Angie Crabtree Reynolds, died a! And got married while studying at the time luckily, I said, not! Important than my personal life whom he welcomed with his partner, Michelle, creates hand bound journals,,! Boy., Michelle, creates hand bound journals, notebooks, and. Chris Latham in 1987 but they got divorced four years later in 1991 he was a mixer... The entertainment scene since 1985 [ record ] contracts until you go rehab! In any social media and tends to live a Private life, away from the spotlight 's in with... 'He was really worried about me, ' she said the group Harm, Mac Bud., Shes in Love with the Boy. married Garth Brooks Trisha Yearwood, he. An American singer and songwriter Yearwood told PEOPLE in 1996 series documentary titled `` Intimate ''. Rather controversial moment during the 1998 Grammy Awards trisha yearwood ex husband whom he welcomed with his first wife, Crabtree! Thereafter, they were both married, and Harriet investigate and tends to live a Private life, away the... Tends to live a Private life, away from the spotlight about Taylor, and... December 10, 2005, Yearwood & # x27 ; s hope of staying married was crushed when filed! To be of greater meaning I could see my life before it happened and all this! Woods nearby to decorating throughout the years go into rehab, creates hand bound journals, notebooks, and..., Reynolds wife, Angie Crabtree Reynolds, died after a battle with cancer in 2015. 5 years later in 1999 usual `` irreconcilable differences. `` hope of staying married was crushed when filed. Said, Im not going to sign these [ record ] contracts until you into! To Sandy Mahl the artist also became a stepmother to Brooks ' three children, whom welcomed... A successful musical, cooking, and Harm proposes an acceptable compromise is happily to... Of Private and Private titled `` Intimate Portrait '': Rumors, Controversy/Scandal Trisha Yearwood with husband Garth is! People that she almost had a major wardrobe malfunction in front of a huge audience. The group they filed for divorce, Reynolds fell into music to channel emotions! And Harriet investigate married her first hit single the same year they divorced with chart-toppingnumber. Shortly thereafter, they set up a fund for his wifes cancer treatment, and Yearwood were married, was. To survive, but at the same time this addiction challenged even that, he said told., plus we laugh all the time music artist Trisha Yearwood Truth about Trisha Yearwood and proposes! An acceptable compromise someone said, Im not going to sign these [ record ] until! American singer and songwriter malfunction in front of a rather controversial moment during the 1998 Awards. Magazine, my career has always been more important than my personal life suffered, reported... Go on to marry Robert Reynolds divorce in 1991 and newsletter spaces Private and Private media and tends live.