Very good, family enjoyed the meal with mashed potatoes and sugar snaps. Stir making small circles over the entire pan. Learning to give up red meat and this receipt was excellent! Preheat the oven to 180C (350F). Cook them in a sauce or marinade to keep them juicy. I used some left over home made beef jus in place of some of the broth, but still. Spoon sauce over patties. The steaks will typically require 3-5 minutes of cooking on either side. Taste the gravy and add salt if needed. Another, called bifteck hach chevalor chopped steak on horsebackis so named for the fried egg "cowboy" perched atop the beef. Turkey Burgers. This dish was delicious. BigOven Kitchen. Its just one of those dishes where the flavors and textures come together to warm your insides and fill you with comfort. Thank you. This easy, cheesy casserole requires just 10 minutes of prep work. Remove the patties and place them on a plate or pan. My son loves Salisbury steak however I dont eat beef. Cook, stirring often, until tender and golden brown. Please read my disclosure policy. 4 turkey breast steaks teaspoon salt teaspoon ground black pepper 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning (or mixed dried herbs) 1 teaspoon olive oil (or other cooking oil) Instructions Season the turkey steaks with salt, pepper and Italian seasoning on all sides. Directions. Hi, I'm Tonje! It might seem to form crumbs because it's a little dry; that's ok! It is a digital cookbook and cooking guide alike, available on all platforms, that helps home cooks of every level discover, save and organize the worlds best recipes, while also helping them become better, more competent cooks. When the butter is melted and foamy add the onions and sliced mushrooms. Grilled Turkey and Swiss Sandwich. Yall have a Happy and Blessed Thanksgiving!!! Keep them warm by covering loosely with a piece of aluminum foil, and/or place the plate in the microwave or oven. I also added onion powder, garlic powder and other spices. Cook for 45 mins or until crisp and golden. Flip and continue cooking until cooked all the way through, 1 to 2 minutes. I followed the recipe exactly like it was and I have to say this is one of the best turkey recipes that Ive made. GOOD. Transfer patties to a warm platter and loosely cover with foil. Leann Doyle, Patchogue, New York, Turkey Salisbury Steaks Recipe photo by Taste of Home. Shape into four 1/2-in.-thick oval patties. I love to serve these as a quick and simple roast dinner, with slow cooker green beans, mashed potatoes, cranberry sauce, turkey gravy, mashed sweet potatoes, roasted tenderstem broccoli, garlic parmesan brussels sprouts or sauteed red cabbage. So what do you need? I cooked it with 93% ground turkey and due to weight loss challenge I used only 5G of ghee total in the recipe. Remove the patties and place them on a plate or pan. Other good choices include: French fries (which is really good), roasted potatoes, or other roasted vegetables like broccoli and carrots. Heat oil and 1 tbsp. I didnt have steak sauce so I googled the replacement and added more ketchup and Worcestershire as the replacement. Lisa Varner, Charleston, South Carolina. (Reserve the liquid if you want to add mushroomy savor to a future soup or pasta sauce. Delicious! It is my pleasure! 40 Healthy Weeknight Dinners That Will Get You Through the Holidays, Your Ultimate Guide to Different Types of Coffee, Do not Sell or Share My Personal Information, 2 teaspoons low-sodium Worcestershire sauce, 1 tablespoon low-sodium Worcestershire sauce, 1 can (4 ounces) sliced mushrooms, drained. Thank you! Yes, but the flavor wont be quite as similar to Salisbury Steak. The internal temperature of the turkey Salisbury steaks needs to be at least 165F at the thickest part of the largest piece. Once you've risen from your post-turkey slumber, start the day off with this omelette that's stuffed with mushrooms, turkey, and savory seasonings. I was looking for something quick and easy that I could make for my parents before I head off to work tonight. Pan-fried t-bone steak This site contains affiliate links to products. Refrigerate until use. Place the onion cut into round slices in the bottom of a baking dish and the steaks on top. Happy you enjoyed it. Drain the excess oil from the skillet but do not wash or wipe. Add the peeled tomato cut into small pieces and drizzle with olive oil. My husband LOVED it and wants to make another batch with the rest of the leftover turkey to freeze for another time.". Thank you Elizabeth, Cook them gently stirring occasionally until they start to soften. This is exactly the recipe I was looking for. Hi Beth, Required fields are marked *. This recipe sounds amazing.. Will make this weekend! Thanks!! Made two mistakes, but it was still very good. Serve them how you would serve chicken breasts, beef steaks or pork loin. Increase heat to medium-high, add wine, and cook, scraping browned bits stuck to bottom of skillet with a wooden spoon, until reduced by three-quarters, about 2 minutes. Im wondering how you made the riced cauliflower? So rather than ask you to try it out soon, Im going to beseech you to please make it as soon as possible and that leftover turkey that will inevitably be sitting in your fridge post-Thanksgiving will be perfect. Our team of master butchers coarsely mince steak trim with a little seasoning to create our unique hache steak texture, guaranteeing you a lean, tasty and oh so meaty bite. My pleasure, glad to hear you enjoyed it! Add generous amount of olive oil to the pan, add sauce and chopped spring onions, then steaks, 5. Put flour into a dish, dredge patties, shaking off excess, and set patties aside. Learn how your comment data is processed. But, you most likely wont even notice because I made these the very same way I would do a regular beef Salisbury steak. Use your gift card to cook our incredible Antipasti Pasta recipe! This recipe is so easy to make and it was so good! Im glad to hear you enjoyed the Salisbury steak. Add the turkey in batches and lightly brown, adding more oil as . Cook for 5-10 mins, stirring occasionally, until soft and starting to caramelise in places. In a large bowl, combine 1/3 cup bread crumbs, onion, Worcestershire sauce, steak sauce, garlic and seasonings. (internal temperature of fully cooked steaks is 165 degrees, do not overcook) Notes Store leftovers in the fridge for up to 5 days. A classic French recipe of bun-less burger & chips, that can be found in every brasserie and bistro. Recipe from Good Food magazine, July 2016. Form 6-7 patties and brown both sides in 1 tablespoons olive oil in large, deep skillet. Here are 13 easy leftover turkey recipes for when you just can't be bothered to do any more extravagant cooking. ALL CONTENT PROTECTED UNDER THE DIGITAL MILLENNIUM COPYRIGHT ACT. It freezes well as a few ice cubes.). If you cant find hash browns with onions and peppers, then you can chop some out and add them to your recipe separately. Love, love, love! Also, as the gravy simmers and reduces, it also concentrates. Its still sitting unopened in the freezer. 15 Five-Ingredient Thanksgiving Dishes for an Easy, Tasty Turkey Day, Our 15 Best Thanksgiving Turkey Recipes of All Time Are 5-Star Winners All the Way, 20 Thanksgiving Recipes With a Modern Twist, Day-After-Thanksgiving Turkey Carcass Soup, Our 20 Best Turkey Soup Recipes for All That Leftover Turkey. Mix together until all the ingredients are incorporated. This was my most successful pinterest recipe yet! Carefully add the steaks to the pan, and make sure to leave some space between each piece. Separate the ground turkey mixture into 4 patties (like a fat hamburger). Read more about it in the privacy policy. Looks yummy! Leave the steaks to rest for up to 10 minutes, or serve them immediately. Made it exactly as you have posted the recipe. You can find other seasoning suggestions below. As a reference we added teaspoon to ours. Serve over mashed potatoes {or in my case, riced cauliflower}. Add butter on top as well. Add onions and cook, stirring often, until soft, about 10 minutes. I didnt have beef broth or boullion; I used au jus sauce mix for my broth and it was soooo good. 1. I never lick my plate. Turkey is the ultimate healthy, feelgood food - low in fat but high in protein. Freshly baked content from the creators at Soak the mushrooms in enough boiling water to cover them for 20 minutes, then drain through a fine-mesh sieve set over a bowl, and finely chop. I hope you enjoy it Susan. Warm up the olive oil in a large frying pan over medium heat. I had ground turkey that I needed to use today! Hey friends! Dip each turkey steak in balsamic. I am SO happy with how it turned out, however my gravy didnt thicken, but nothing EVER []. Cook for 1-2 minutes to cook out the flour a little bit, stir frequently to prevent sticking. Just made this!! Additionally, you will need a spatula to flip the steaks. So I adapted my familys favorite ground beef recipes to be made with turkey to not miss out. It tasted tangy and a good BBQ flavor. It will take about 4-5 minutes until the onions become translucent and take on a golden color. To make the meat extra tender, you can use a meat tenderizer before adding seasoning. Use ground turkey in just about any recipe that calls for ground beef for a lean, affordable substitute. The instructions are as simple as adding the ingredients to a skillet and cooking until heated through. Set aside. Hi Valerie, When the butter is melted and foamy add the mushrooms and onions. This recipe hit all the marks of the meal I have been missing! Next time I will serve this with a side of leftover gravy for dipping.". I made this lastnight with my grandson, OH MY YUMMYNESS!!! TIP! Delicious!!! Raise the heat to medium and add the chicken broth, Worcestershire sauce, teaspoon salt and black pepper. Its typically a combination of chopped meat, potatoes, and fried onions. Lower the heat to medium low, cover and continue cooking, at a simmer, for 20 minutes. olive oil, turkey steaks, pepper, garlic, tomato pulp, nutmeg and 5 more Gochujang Turkey Noodles beatthe budget spring onions, large carrots, honey, peppers, cornflour, turkey steaks and 7 more Turkey with Ratatouille Eat Smarter salt, onion, vegetable stock, grated Parmesan, zucchini, eggplant and 10 more Add patties and sear until well browned on both sides, turning once, 2-3 minutes per side for medium rare. Im gonna put some of the breast in the freezer so I can make this a few weeks later too. In a large nonstick skillet, heat 1-1/2 teaspoons oil over medium heat. Season the turkey steaks with salt, pepper and Italian seasoning on all sides. Keep an eye out for original recipes from the To make this recipe, all you need is a frying pan or skillet. Use an instant read thermometer to ensure the steaks are at least 165F at the thickest part of the largest piece. Bring to a fast simmer, boil for 1 min, then drain well. If its not, continue cooking for 5-10 minutes and check again. Delicious from everyone at the table! The overall flavor was good, but it wasnt Salisbury steak, it was Salisbury mush. Shape into four patties and dust with flour. Your email address will not be published. Thank you for sharing. Delicious recipe. Thanks!! Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition. Even with just cooking a turkey breast we have lots of leftovers between just the two of us. I substituted flour with Corn starch to avoid gluten and it Delicious!! You can even use tuna or salmon. Thank you! Bring the liquid back up to a simmer; this will just take 1-2 minutes. "The Swiss Army Knife for Home Cooks" - Thrillist, https://www.bigoven.com/recipe/turkey-steaks-in-soy-and-honey-sauce/343470, Get Detailed Nutrition Facts on Any Recipe. The nutritional information above is computer generated and is only an estimate. Fry for 1-2 mins to soften, then remove the pan from the heat and stir in the crme frache, remaining Dijon, the egg yolk and tarragon, as well as any resting juices from the beef patties. I made this last night, but my patties eventually fell apart any suggestions? Slide in browned turkey steaks and spoon sauce over to coat. Thank you Tina, Im glad you all enjoyed it! Goat Cheese Instructions. Thank you for stopping by! Thank you Kerri, Im glad you all enjoyed it! Prepare all of the ingredients and add them to the lined dish but don't bake. We hadTurkey Salisbury Steak. Use the search box and type in ground turkey to find more, if you need them. Loved it! Melt 2 tbsp. document.getElementById( "ak_js_1" ).setAttribute( "value", ( new Date() ).getTime() ); This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Once you start replacing negative thoughts with positive ones, youll start having positive results. Thanks for such a fabulous recipe that Ive made quite a few times now. Tip the chips onto a clean tea towel or some kitchen paper, spread in a single layer so they dry and cool quickly. Definitely one for my recipe box. Use a meat thermometer to ensure that the meat is cooked through. Remove from pan and set aside. Use your gift card to cook our incredible Antipasti Pasta recipe! Tip the chips into a bowl with the vegetable oil and 1 tsp salt.