More from this Member (Master's of Public Health-which I am interested in), and that their M.P.H. I . Wake Forest School of Medicine of Wake Forest Baptist Medical Center, WinstonSalem | Report Response More from this Member Click here. | I was asked this question too, "How has being a Paramedic prepared you for medical school?" More from this Member | Report Response I said maintain patient-doctor confidentialityapparently that was the more "right" answer." More from this Member More from this Member | Report Response, "Cost for out of state students" | Report Response | Report Response More from this Member Step Seven: Receive your final decision. Happy Interviewing!!!" | Report Response Northeast Ohio Medical University, Rootstown A walking saint." My first interviewer was interesting but we talked about random things and not as much about my work/school/volunteer experience. More from this Member More from this Member | Report Response, "Reread my essays, kept up with current events, this site, practice interviews with friends. " | Report Response, "Seriously, for the millionth time, wear comfortable shoes." | Report Response | Report Response, "We had a tour and lunch with interviews scheduled either before or after-- I had one at 9 and one at 1:30. I met several students who approached me to talk just because I was dressed for an interview." | Report Response, "This was my first interview and I was significantly nervous but I was glad to see that the interviewers were very laid back (even the Dean of Admissions)" great school." | I was asked this question too, "Do you like chirality? Touro University Nevada College of Osteopathic Medicine (TUNCOM), Henderson, Geisel School of Medicine at Dartmouth, Hanover, Cooper Medical School of Rowan University, Camden More from this Member I was on the defensive the whole time. More from this Member More from this Member | Report Response, "It was much less painful than I anticipated--I even enjoyed my interviews. | I was asked this question too, "In your opinion, what is the biggest challenge facing healthcare?" More from this Member - the hospital/facilities are not fancy and ooohh ahhhh like other big rich schools but nonetheless a high quality medical education will be obtained at UNC" | Report Response, "The last minute change in interviewers." | I was asked this question too, "What is a problem with health care today and how would you fix it?" More from this Member Someone from the admission committee was in the waiting room and he helped to calm our nerves or at least mine. It was fine, but make sure you are flexible. " | Report Response, "There were about 9-10 students in my group and we all had different interviewers for the most part. | I was asked this question too, "Talk about your research." | I was asked this question too, "do you think paying patients to participate in clinical trials poisons the doctor-patient relationship?" More from this Member | I was asked this question too, "Think of a time that you were treated unfairly and how did you resolve this issue?" More from this Member | Report Response, "In-State applicants who are invited to interview have roughly a 2/3 chance of getting accepted." More from this Member Outside of the one interviewer the whole experience was outstanding. | I was asked this question too, "Do you use illicit drugs?" More from this Member More from this Member More from this Member More from this Member | I was asked this question too, "Describe the progression of your interest in medicine?" | I was asked this question too, "Tell me how you have changed since applying last year." We basically discussed things that were on my application, my family and background, why I wanted to be a doctor, etc." More from this Member More from this Member | Report Response, "class size" | I was asked this question too, "How did studying abroad shape your decision to become a doctor?" | I was asked this question too, "I had to explain what I thought to be the most pressing issues facing north carolina's health care system and how I would go about changing that. " overall, the school is beautiful, and the day was better organized than i was expecting based on other comments on this site. " More from this Member | Report Response The UNC School of Medicine's acceptance rate is 4.1%. (For MD/PhD students, you can ask how lab rotations work into the schedule, if the PI has had MD/PhD students, etc.). More from this Member Read through the UNC website." More from this Member Jacobs School of Medicine and Biomedical Sciences at the University at Buffalo | I was asked this question too, "What is one of your weaknesses?" | Report Response, "read over my secondary, SDN" | I was asked this question too, "Last question- what is one thing that you want me to definitely make sure to tell the committee about you?" More from this Member | I was asked this question too, "Tell me about your healthcare experience." | Report Response | Report Response I have a lot of experience living abroad for 6 years)." Need help preparing for your medical school interviews? | Report Response | Report Response | Report Response | Report Response More from this Member He asked me relevant questions about what I had been doing etc. More from this Member The questions were all very straightforward. | Report Response The Dean (Dr. Hoole) was very friendly when he gave his talk. | I was asked this question too, "What is the most difficult thing you have ever had to do?" One of my interviewers took me in to see a patient, which was a nice change from the usual." | Report Response | I was asked this question too, "Do you miss the South? | Report Response, "Where to park, and that public transportation was available." More from this Member More from this Member | I was asked this question too, "Who would you model your life after?" | Report Response, "I wish I had more thoroughly versed myself in the ins and outs of the curriculum. More from this Member ), the high expense of Chapel-Hill, having to ride the bus to school everyday, less research focus in the curriculum (if that's what you want), and honors/pass/fail in years 2,3, and 4, and the clinical rotations in remote NC. | Report Response, "the construction made it difficult to find the buildings. The interviewers, the students, the staff, they are all just real people. When I arrived (almost late because it took me so long to find a space in the parking garage, and construction made it a little difficult to find the MacNider entrance), there was a second-year student sitting in with the other candidates, just chatting and trying to put them at ease. | Report Response, "This website as well as talking to a 1st year student here for advice." More from this Member | Report Response | Report Response, "That the interview really is low stress. | Report Response, "There were six of us in the waitingaround 11:15 a woman from the financial aid office went over methods to pay for education, how to get loans. | I was asked this question too, "NONE AT ALL!" | Report Response, "How to walk through the dental school to get to Bondurant Hall" Lake Erie College of Osteopathic Medicine (LECOM), Erie | I was asked this question too, "When was the last time you cried?" | Report Response, "Talked with med student who had interviewed here, ready amacs essay. " | I was asked this question too, "I haven't bothered to look at your file. More from this Member It was my first interview, so I was definitely nervous! They explained the main building for classes would be renovated soon." | Report Response, "I looked over my research and application. | I was asked this question too, "So when you don't get in, what are you going to do?" Concision is critical. I was accepted at UNC less than 2 weeks after my interview. | I was asked this question too, "Why Medicine" More from this Member More from this Member | I was asked this question too, "What happened with this ?" Ooops. " We met several students in the "holding room" and they were all gushing with love for the school." | Report Response More from this Member | I was asked this question too, "Which of all the work experiences you've had was your favorite?" More from this Member | Report Response | I was asked this question too, "Why medicine?" The whole staff was amazingly personable. More from this Member | Report Response, "I hope to soon be a part of great school with an outstanding history." | Report Response as in do you see yourself in a big city at a busy hospital or clinic, in a rural setting, or maybe at a teaching hospital near a university campus, immersed in the atmosphere of academic medicine. " More from this Member UNC School of Medicine offers early options for exploring concentrations, a patient-oriented curriculum, robust research opportunities, and highly-acclaimed dual degree programs. One was dean of admissions so that had a certain level of tension." More from this Member | Report Response Both of my interviewers were unfriendly, grilled me about every answer I gave, and just in general weren't fun to be around. | I was asked this question too, "What book am I currently reading" | Report Response More from this Member | Report Response, "It is an all day event. | Report Response | Report Response | Report Response, "I'm a UNC student, and I was much more pleased about the day than I expected. Have a couple of anecdotes stashed up that show what an awesome person you are without being braggy. More from this Member Miss Reid remembered me from my emails." | Report Response, "Nothing really. (not out loud)" I guess that it's the first school I've interviewed at that really felt like home. | Report Response | Report Response | Report Response, "SDN, read over AMCAS" More from this Member More from this Member University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill School of Medicine Admissions Requirements 2017-2018 Accepted Student Data Median GPA = 3.73 Median MCAT = 512 Applications = 6443 Interviewed = 641 Matriculated = 180 Learn more about this school: North Carolina - Chapel Hill Office of Admissions Chapel Hill, NC 27599-7000 USA (919) 962-8331. Check out the questions on here, but also be prepared for some completely random questions." | Report Response, "Reread my application, read the website" | I was asked this question too, "what is the most difficult decision you have ever had to make?" | I was asked this question too, "You mentioned music as an interest of yoursexplain." | I was asked this question too, "Explain poor XYZ undergraduate grades." Day starts off with the FinAid brief, which is a little lacking. Of course I was still somewhat nervous, but if you just remember to stay positive, smile, and look at the whole experience as just a casual TWO-sided conversation (go ahead and ask your interviewers some questions, toojust don't interrupt), rather than a grill-session where you are in the hot seat, you will be alright. | Report Response Be prepared to intelligently defend/explain everything you say." | Report Response Got back from the tour around 1230. Many med schools start sending out interview invitations in August, shortly after the first secondary applications are received. | Report Response, "Reread my application/notes" More from this Member University of Massachusetts Medical School, Worcester, Central Michigan University College of Medicine, Mount Pleasant | Report Response Willingness of professors to help you sort out your medical career path." | Report Response | Report Response, "UNC Website, re-read AMCAS app." More from this Member Just a great place.. Kind, good-hearted interviewers in general, just GOOD PEOPLE! More from this Member More from this Member More from this Member Most of the time was spent in informal talks with random students who wandered in for cookies." They often counsel patients on diet, hygiene, and preventive healthcare. | Report Response More from this Member Give yourself plenty of time to get to the interview so you won't feel rushed and have the . More from this Member More from this Member So, there was a constant flux of interviewees coming in and going out of the waiting room. | Report Response More from this Member Got my name out." Both were very friendly and made you feel relaxed and not nervous." The students work together and are not so competitive that they are not willing to help each other out. Chapel hill is fun - its not NYC but its cool nonetheless. It felt rushed and impersonal. More from this Member (wouldn't drop this despite what I thought was a good answer) " | I was asked this question too, "None." | I was asked this question too, "How much patient contact have you had besides shadowing a doctor? | Report Response, "One of my interviews was moved to a different time. | I was asked this question too, "What would you change about you application if you could?" | Report Response | I was asked this question too, "Why did you do X in college?" Mr. Keith was about to leave, but paused to help himself to a cookie before doing so. | I was asked this question too, "So what is it that got you into medicine?" | Report Response More from this Member Compared to other interviews, the whole day was disorganized and showed a lack of trying on their part. who is your favorite short story author? " Chatted with some med students in the waiting room. Id leave this until youre out of other questions first. | Report Response, "UNC is 4th in NIH funding. Do you think that the fact that you lost your parents as an early teenager is going to get you into medical school." Still UniversityKirksville College of Osteopathic Medicine (ATSU-KCOM), Kirksville Thursday, December 1, 2022. | I was asked this question too, "If it was possible,would you change medical policy in America, and if so, how?" This is a great school with a great atmosphere and awesome facilities." More from this Member More from this Member | I was asked this question too, "What's your leadership style? Lewis Katz School of Medicine at Temple University, Philadelphia | Report Response More from this Member | I was asked this question too, "I was challenged on my attempting to raise a family and go to med school and residency - it was in an indirect, but deliberate manner." | I was asked this question too, "How can we fix health care today?" | Report Response More from this Member More from this Member Surprisingly, in neither interview did I get asked why I wanted to be a doctor or why I wanted to go to Carolina. " UNC was my first choice and my only interview last year. In fact, we even talked about fishing for a while. " Northwestern University The Feinberg School of Medicine, Chicago | Report Response | Report Response, "Increased construction." | Report Response, "Great school. | Report Response They continue with these patients throughout the course of their education." University of South Carolina School of Medicine Greenville, Greenville My second interview was wonderful. | Report Response, "SDN, Read over applications" One tour student was a little "pushy"" The student-led event provides local children with dental care services, including dental exams, cleanings, fillings, x-rays and oral health education. More from this Member | Report Response, "The student doctor network feedback summaries" | Report Response | Report Response, "Fun, exciting overall experience" | Report Response More from this Member | I was asked this question too, "What would you like me to write on your evaluation that will distinguish you from the other applicants?" More from this Member | Report Response, "Great school, great facilities. | Report Response | Report Response, "I still hate UNC 4 years later and won't ever in my life refer a patient there." | I was asked this question too, "How's the application process?" One at a time Who u choose?" (Half of UNC's students are older)" More from this Member | Report Response, "Looked over Aamcas, read some interesting books." | Report Response | Report Response, "Construction outside of admissions office is annoying if driving." | Report Response [3] [4] Between 1978 and 1995, Kaczynski killed three people and injured 23 others in a nationwide mail bombing campaign against . | I was asked this question too, "What character in the lord of the rings movie was the most interesting when compared with their portrayal in the book?" | I was asked this question too, "What is your medical background? " " | I was asked this question too, "Who would you like to eat dinner with, besides a family member?" More from this Member | Report Response More from this Member | I was asked this question too, "Strengths/weaknesses?" The interviewers were very friendly." | Report Response | Report Response My 2nd interviewer really focused on philosophical inquiries. " Would you want to be surrounded by such pompous sour attitudes for four years? More from this Member | Report Response | I was asked this question too, "What draws you to UNC? More from this Member | Report Response Have some fun if you can, loosen up, and be yourself! " | Report Response, "The admissions office was very friendly and receptive." | Report Response | Report Response, "SDN, practicing questions with my friends" For out-of-state applicants, the rate is 2.67%. A scholarship is a form of financial aid awarded to students for further education.Generally, scholarships are awarded based on a set of criteria such as academic merit, diversity and inclusion, athletic skill, and financial need. | Report Response All applicants are shown to a reception area/waiting room where they can hang out, read about the school, and even browse a database of the faculty interviewers. | I was asked this question too, "Do your parents support you going to med school?" | Report Response, "Faculty, students, and admissions staff were very friendly; the campus is expanding and it looks great." My interview with my commitee representative (which happened to be the dean of the school) was an hour later than rescheduled. More from this Member More from this Member One promised to read it later, the other breezed through and asked a few perfunctory questions. | Report Response More from this Member The campus is infused. More from this Member More from this Member | I was asked this question too, "What the hell happened to you sophmore year?" See if you qualify! More from this Member You also have to pay to park, but it's only $6." | I was asked this question too, "Have you thought about military medicine?" More from this Member Tell me about your research." | I was asked this question too, "The beginning questions were very "interview-like" but the follow-ups to the answers I had to specific questions were unique and well orchestrated." | Report Response | I was asked this question too, "What do you do in your free time? More from this Member | Report Response | Report Response, "If you're new to Chapel Hill (which luckily I wasn't), you might want to bring a campus map and/or arrive early. Tell me your biggest strength and biggest weakness as a person and then as an applicant." | Report Response More from this Member | Report Response, "No patient simulator for first and second years" More from this Member I enjoyed the discussion. More from this Member whats wrong with the current system? | Report Response, "Happiness of the students. More from this Member | Report Response, "Looked over this site to get an idea of the questions that would be asked" | I was asked this question too, "Do you think that your hopes of building relationships with patients is realistic considering that primary care physicians these days often shuffle patients in and out in 8 minutes?" | Report Response, "The students were perhaps the coolest I met from all the schools I had visited thusfar." It was very conversational." More from this Member " More from this Member | Report Response, "How genuine they were about their school and trying to make the 8 of us feel as comfortable as possible in an inherently stressful environment." More from this Member More from this Member More from this Member | Report Response, "That lunch wasn't at the hospital cafeteria" I did just that and I think it went well. More from this Member More from this Member No excessive lectures or waiting around." | Report Response, "I arrived at UNC 30 minutes early and was extremely nervous. West Virginia School of Osteopathic Medicine (WVSOM), Lewisburg, Medical College of Wisconsin, Milwaukee | Report Response, "Reading this forum. [1] Getting "Selected" at SFAS will enable a candidate to continue to the next of the four phases. | Report Response More from this Member | Report Response | I was asked this question too, "what are some problems doctors face in the medical industry?" | Report Response More from this Member " | Report Response, "Nothing really, my interviewer was changed the day of (I expected that talking to current students and reading this web site). " More from this Member | I was asked this question too, "How do you plan to handle the workload and have a life?" More from this Member Both the interviews were conversational and very low stressboth were just trying to understand my point of view and my background. | Report Response, "I know faculty are extremely busy, but it seems like there should be a little more stability in the" Tell me about your research" | Report Response, "Non-minority woman with below 32 on MCAT=don't bother" More from this Member More from this Member | Report Response | Report Response The other 3 applicants in my group were very nice, as were the very calming admissions office people." Very polite and helpful." | Report Response | Report Response More from this Member More from this Member | I was asked this question too, "How do you feel about the decreasing autonomy of physicians?" Sidney Kimmel Medical College at Thomas Jefferson University, Philadelphia | Report Response It was freezing (20F) so I was cold walking outside during the tour (bring a coat to go over your suit). | Report Response Youre going to be living there for a while, so you might as well ask about it. More from this Member | Report Response, "Everything! More from this Member More from this Member | Report Response, "The day seemed disorganized with a lot of downtime. | Report Response, "Not too much. | I was asked this question too, "How did you fall into medicine? | Report Response | I was asked this question too, "What job would you least like to have?" More from this Member I would still choose UNC just because of the price, but it seems to me a moral dilemma because I would not want to be associated with such an arrogant group of physicians. Chapel Hill is a really cool town and the campus is really nice. " More from this Member More from this Member Big hospital or rural community, etc" More from this Member More from this Member Again we ended up chatting for a while on different topics. | I was asked this question too, "Nothing particularly unusual, mostly standard questions straight off SDN." | Report Response, "Extremely impressed by faculty and students. | Report Response More from this Member The Admissions Committee interview addressed more of the "why medicine/why UNC" type questions and dealt more with my pre-med background. Lunch was Panera." Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center Paul L. Foster School of Medicine, El Paso | Report Response | Report Response I got travel tips, advice on my interviewers, and someone to take me out to dinner afterwards!" | I was asked this question too, "What is a chord?" | Report Response, "UNC is not very accepting of non-trads." | Report Response | I was asked this question too, "Why do you think physicians are cynical and pessimistic after medical school? More from this Member My second interview was the exact opposite, we had a 55 min conversation about pretty much everything in my file. Financial aid came in and briefly discussed the cost of attendence. After submitting primary and secondary applications and interviewing, applicants can. | I was asked this question too, "What was your research?" More from this Member One easy-going interview and one more difficult one. More from this Member Resident Tuition $34,745. | Report Response | I was asked this question too, "Describe a time you were on a team, but not leading it, and had a disagreement with another team member. | I was asked this question too, "what book are you reading right now? " Dr. Perl is nice to, just harder to read." More from this Member Touro College of Osteopathic MedicineNew York (TouroCOM-NY), New York City, Duke University School of Medicine, Durham More from this Member And that he cut though the BS and did not ask the standard questions. | I was asked this question too, "Why return to school?" For example, once I was asked an ethical question that I felt I didnt have as solid an answer for as I would have liked, so after I gave a brief answer, I turned it into a discussion by asking my interviewer (a physician) about her experience and how she would approach the problem.