Then, apply Valspar antiquing glaze. Porch Daydreamer | Tracey uses expertise from her long career in home improvement to teach DIY projects, home design, and how-to paint. FolkArt Home Decor Chalk Furniture & Craft Paint in Assorted Colors, 8 ounce, Crackle, Sargent Art 22-8813 16-Ounce Pearlescent Mixing Medium, Giani Brick Transformations Kit- Whitewashed, Speedball Mona Lisa Antiquing Glaze for Metal Leafing Projects Made in USA 2 Ounces, 1 qt Modern Masters DP608 Tint Base Decorative Painter's Acrylic Tintable Glaze, Decoart DECDCW-64.01 Vintage Effect Wash 8oz, Black, Rustoleum 285140 30 Oz Linen White Chalked Ultra Matte Paint, DecoArt 2 Ounce, Antique Bronze Extreme Sheen Paint, 2 Fl Oz (Pack of 1), FolkArt Brushed Metal Paint in Assorted Colors (2 oz), Bronze, Tim Holtz - Ranger EMBOSSING GLAZE WEATHRD WD, Weathered Wood, FolkArt Home Decor Wood Tint (8 Ounce), Walnut, Liquitex Professional Effects Medium, 237ml (8-oz), Iridescent Medium, Ranger Tim Holtz Distress Spray Stains Bottles, 1.9-Ounce, Antique Linen, Sargent Art 16 Ounce Acrylic Glitter Glaze, Non-Toxic, Acid-Free, Protective FInish, Modern Masters ME196-06 Metallic Pearl White, 6-Ounce, General Finishes Water Based Glaze Effects, 1 Quart, Pitch Black, DecoArt Americana Gel Stains Paint, 2-Ounce, Walnut, DecoArt DS69-3 One Step Crackle Paint, 2-Ounce, FolkArt Home Decor Chalk Furniture & Craft Paint in Assorted Colors, 32 ounce, Rich black, DecoArt Triple Thick Gloss Glaze - Jar, 8fl oz, Premium Paints & Supplies for Easy Home Makeovers, Live In Rich Classic Style At Home Or Office, Household Polyurethanes, Shellac & Varnish. It was applied to the areas where I wanted to accent the detail. But adding clear wax first or mixing clear in with your dark will help you remove the extra dark wax if necessary. Touch device users . Most topcoat products dry to the touch within an hour, although you could wait overnight for the product to dry completely. (c&&b&&B(b,1)==B(c,1)&&b.getId()==c.getId()&&r(B(b,2))&&r(B(b,5))))return!1;var c=B(c,4),d=B(b,4);if(c.length!=d.length)return!1;for(var e=0;enot<\/b> licensed under the Creative Commons license applied to text content and some other images posted to the wikiHow website. The thinness or thickness of the paint wash is up to you, depending on how translucent you want the . Price and other details may vary based on product size and color. Here is an easy-to-follow tutorial on how to create an outdoor driftwood gray finish using antiquing glaze! g)}};var ca=String.prototype.trim?function(a){return a.trim()}:function(a){return a.replace(/^[\s\xa0]+|[\s\xa0]+$/g,"")},da=function(a,b){return ab?1:0},ea=function(a){return String(a).replace(/\-([a-z])/g,function(a,c){return c.toUpperCase()})};var fa=Array.prototype.filter?function(a,b,c){return Array.prototype.filter.call(a,b,c)}:function(a,b,c){for(var d=a.length,e=[],f=0,g="string"==typeof a?a.split(""):a,k=0;k>2)+a.charCodeAt(e)&4294967295;return 0e)return"";a.M.sort(function(a,b){return a-b});d=null;c="";for(var f=0;f=m.length){e-=m.length;b+=m;c=a.I;break}else a.sa&&(c=e,m[c-1]==a.I&&--c,b+=m.substr(0,
. Sign up to our Newsletter to get regular updates, inspirations and more! else if("function"==b&&"undefined"==typeof a.call)return"object";return b},r=function(a){return"number"==typeof a},ba=function(a,b){var c=Array.prototype.slice.call(arguments,1);return function(){var b=c.slice();b.push.apply(b,arguments);return a.apply(this,b)}},t=function(a,b){function c(){}c.prototype=b.prototype;a.Na=b.prototype;a.prototype=new c;a.prototype.constructor=a;a.Pa=function(a,c,f){for(var g=Array(arguments.length-2),k=2;k=n&&f<=p){e=k;break a}}e=null}else for(g=0;g

\u00a9 2023 wikiHow, Inc. All rights reserved. 3. Valspar Antiquing Wax for chalky finish paint brushes on and gently wipes away . How-to Paint the Pottery Barn Seadrift Finish Popular. 2)Take the scrubby side of your sponge and scrub the surface of your piece. Fusion doesn't require sealing with wax, but sometimes you want to add a little more sheen or color. They looked high gloss shiny so knowing how important prep work is I gave them a quick sanding first and then painted it with a coat of Bonding Primer. Glaze is semi-transparent and gives you more control over the style than wax does and it's easy to apply. More like this Purple Furniture Funky Painted Furniture Chalk Paint Furniture Refurbished Furniture Colorful Furniture Turquoise Furniture Hand Painted Dressers Painted Armoire Repurposed Furniture YOU MUST HAVE A FACEBOOK ACCOUNT TO PARTICIPATE. Brand: Rust-Oleum. This image may not be used by other entities without the express written consent of wikiHow, Inc.
\n<\/p>

\n<\/p><\/div>"}, {"smallUrl":"https:\/\/www.wikihow.com\/images\/thumb\/2\/2a\/Apply-Glaze-over-Chalk-Paint-Step-4.jpg\/v4-460px-Apply-Glaze-over-Chalk-Paint-Step-4.jpg","bigUrl":"\/images\/thumb\/2\/2a\/Apply-Glaze-over-Chalk-Paint-Step-4.jpg\/aid12349780-v4-728px-Apply-Glaze-over-Chalk-Paint-Step-4.jpg","smallWidth":460,"smallHeight":259,"bigWidth":728,"bigHeight":410,"licensing":"

\u00a9 2023 wikiHow, Inc. All rights reserved. wikiHow is where trusted research and expert knowledge come together. Jun 26, 2020 - Explore Noreen McFaddin's board "Valspar antiquing glaze" on Pinterest. This image may not be used by other entities without the express written consent of wikiHow, Inc.
\n<\/p>

\n<\/p><\/div>"}, {"smallUrl":"https:\/\/www.wikihow.com\/images\/thumb\/a\/a0\/Apply-Glaze-over-Chalk-Paint-Step-12.jpg\/v4-460px-Apply-Glaze-over-Chalk-Paint-Step-12.jpg","bigUrl":"\/images\/thumb\/a\/a0\/Apply-Glaze-over-Chalk-Paint-Step-12.jpg\/aid12349780-v4-728px-Apply-Glaze-over-Chalk-Paint-Step-12.jpg","smallWidth":460,"smallHeight":259,"bigWidth":728,"bigHeight":410,"licensing":"

\u00a9 2023 wikiHow, Inc. All rights reserved. General Finishes High Performance Topcoat. SKU: 1779578. Whatever you're painting, we have the right finish to . Watch. Apply the glaze liberally with a brush, making sure it gets into all recesses, then wipe some off with a rag. Explore. Yes! H.prototype.getData=function(a){var b=this.ja,c={},d;for(d in b)c[d]=b[d];0\n<\/p>

\n<\/p><\/div>"}, {"smallUrl":"https:\/\/www.wikihow.com\/images\/thumb\/5\/52\/Apply-Glaze-over-Chalk-Paint-Step-5.jpg\/v4-460px-Apply-Glaze-over-Chalk-Paint-Step-5.jpg","bigUrl":"\/images\/thumb\/5\/52\/Apply-Glaze-over-Chalk-Paint-Step-5.jpg\/aid12349780-v4-728px-Apply-Glaze-over-Chalk-Paint-Step-5.jpg","smallWidth":460,"smallHeight":259,"bigWidth":728,"bigHeight":410,"licensing":"

\u00a9 2023 wikiHow, Inc. All rights reserved. References Add up to 10 colour chips to your basket and we'll deliver them straight to your door for 5/5. See diy.com for full terms and conditions. Step 9 (optional): Working in small sections I applied the glaze and then wiped off the excess with a lint free cloth. Pinterest. Then reinstall newly painted hardware. Contact; No Result . We can create custom colours for the majority of our paints. Hope that helps I worked for Valspar Paint for 5 years. wikiHow, Inc. is the copyright holder of this image under U.S. and international copyright laws. !a.parentNode&&hb(a.parentNode)};var ib=function(a,b){var c=a.length;if(null!=c)for(var d=0;db&&(b+=a.length),a=0<=b&&bnot<\/b> licensed under the Creative Commons license applied to text content and some other images posted to the wikiHow website. You can also purchase premixed glazes. 2. Waxes are a little harder to apply, but can be layered. Luckily, I have multiple tutorials that I can share with you to review and see what technique feels the most comfortable for you. It was applied to the areas where I wanted to accent the detail. This means that the artist has plenty of time to manipulate the glaze for the perfect effect. Thanks for all the information. (d+=a.N,a.l[d]=a.l[d]||z):a.H[d]=a.H[d]||z},z=[],B=function(a,b){if(b The legs were in pretty good shape but were very shiny. (Ha=!va&&!x)){var Ia;if(Ia=x)Ia=9<=Number(Ga);Ha=Ia}Ha||va&&Ea("1.9.1");x&&Ea("9");var Ja=function(a,b,c,d){this.top=a;this.right=b;this.bottom=c;this.left=d};Ja.prototype.floor=function(){this.top=Math.floor(this.top);this.right=Math.floor(this.right);this.bottom=Math.floor(this.bottom);this.left=Math.floor(this.left);return this};var Ka=window;var qa;qa=new function(){this.Ia="http:"===Ka.location.protocol? Required fields are marked *. Find a store near you. Massage the wax into 1 section of the chalk paint. Use a dry, soft bristle brush to spread the glaze evenly over the surface. For each section of glaze dots, using the same rag, begin rubbing and blending glaze into the surface of the paint. I'm sharing how my Chalk Painted cabinets have held up, 4 years later. isNaN(a[0])?a:"\\"+(30+parseInt(a[0],10))+" "+a.substring(1)};var ob=function(a,b){var c=0,d=B(a,6);if(void 0!==d)switch(d){case 0:c=1;break;case 1:c=2;break;case 2:c=3}var e=a.getId(),f=B(a,1),g=B(a,4),d=B(a,2),k=B(a,5),l="";f&&(l+=f);e&&(l+="#"+nb(e));if(g)for(e=0;eb?c.length:b;return a.ga-a.S.length-b-a.I.length-1},na=function(a,b,c,d,e){var f=[];ja(a,function(a,k){var l=pa(a,b,c,d,e);l&&f.push(k+"="+l)});return f.join(b)},pa=function(a,b,c,d,e){if(null==a)return"";b=b||"&";c=c||",$";"string"==typeof c&&(c=c.split(""));if(a instanceof Array){if(d=d||0,d