If you cant hit the torso, hit any part of the attacker that you can reach. Our top three picks are from Vipertek, a brand with a strong reputation for quality stun guns. But the Taser Pulse is our pick if youre going to be carrying a Taser as a civilian. If you continue to use this site we will assume that you are happy with it. Customer Reviews, including Product Star Ratings help customers to learn more about the product and decide whether it is the right product for them. Blessings Of Health & Happiness Be Upon All Your Families, Be Safe, Be Well. Eligio Torres Jr. likened the Tasers electrical jolt to a horrific electrical current just flowing through your body. Youre just shaking, Torres said in court testimony. There's a handy power button on the side so you can use the device with one hand. Which one? If you find yourself in an emergency, a medical alert necklace can contact trained professionals See which medical alert system is the best to keep you and your loved one Find the best medical alert systems with fall detection. Our pick if you want something smaller with a built-in charger and also really affordable. Activation of the stun button is very similar for both models with a flip switch on the side opposite the slider mode switch. 15 million volt The Vipertek VTS-880 is a 15 million volt stun gun that also functions as a . The easiest way to explain the Sting Ring is to see it in action. Whats your take on the Xtreme Sanctuary? More and more people are looking to protect themselves by investing in a stun gun. Can a non resident hunt in Alaska without a guide? I believe in Florida you need a concealed carry permit to carry a stun gun or pepper spray. When it is set on taser, the flashlight goes out and a red light comes on. It comes with a stun gun and a pepper spray. But if you combine that with a very bright LED flashlight, and a loud electrical popping sound, you have gained the element of surprise. The Vipertek 989 is a powerful stun gun that packs a lot of voltage. And the flashlight is on when youre in stun mode. Select what level shooter you are! What really makes it stand out from the crowd, however, is its reliability. Its inexpensive, yet still packs a pretty big bang for your buck. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. Stun guns that shoot less are generally sacrificing quality for the price. This is remains true even in a private place such as your home. I carry a taser on duty, and I dont feel the need to carry any kind of electrical weapon off duty. If you continue to use this site we will assume that you are happy with it. Reviewed in the United States on February 6, 2023. Product prices and availability are accurate as of the date/time indicated and are subject to change. "YES, Stun Guns Can Save Your Life But Not By Themselves, So To Say/So To Speak" They are just a Tool, a Defencive Weapon. I originally bought this stun gun for self defense and to have on me just in case something were to happen. The first one I had fell into a dog water bowl and it did not fare well. While stun guns provide convenient, chemical-free self defense, they're not an excuse to slack off on smart security habits. You ever review just flashlight stun guns with concealed or discreet prongs? A discharge, also known as a cycle, can last five seconds. For something smaller I like the Streetwise Lifeguard. The Vipertek VTS-880 has a voltage of 18 million, which is also very high. It. For one, the cost is a limiting factor for many people in acquiring a firearm. Your attacker may try to snatch it away from you or off of them, but as soon as they touch those shock plates they will instantly regret it. This is what has made it so reliable. We hands-on tested a few of the most popular stun guns and tasers to see which is the best. I've tried a few different brands, and while they all had lights that went green when charging was done, while this one does not, this one just seems to be more powerful and has a superior grip. Looking for something more useful on a day to day basisand also less weird to keep readily in your hand? Stun guns and tasers are some of the most popular forms of self-defense currently availableeven more popular than firearms. TOP Choice. The Vipertek VTS-880 is a 15 million volt stun gun that also functions as a rather bright LED flashlight. When you press the stun gun against an attacker and hold the trigger, the charge passes into the attackers body. There is a reason they don't issue these to cops. . And the size is much smaller than our other favorite on the list. There are many tools available for self-defense, but when you really need to stop an attacker but want to do so without causing any permanent damage, there is no better tool than a stun gun. The Vipertek VTS-989 is a 38 million volt stun gun that features an ergonomic handleto give you a comfortable, yet firm grip, when you need it the most. Obviously, distance is a huge advantage for tasers, but it comes with a lot of disadvantages. Top positive review All positive reviews BILLFORD Reviewed in the United States on February 20, 2023. As you research your state laws, you'll find that stun gun restrictions are usually a few common rules: Although stun guns are legal in most states, it's usually good to check if your city and county have any restrictions in place. Check out our guide to stun guns vs. TASERs to learn more. The answer to this question is yes, the Vipertek Taser does hurt. Should they continue to move towards you, all you need to do is hold it in front of you and touch the person who is attacking you. VIPERTEK VTS-880 Stun Gun Operating Manual Congratulations on your purchase of the VIPERTEK . VIPERTEK VTS-880-30 Billion Mini Stun Gun Rechargeable with LED Flashlight, Black. The stun gun isn't much different in design from our top pick, but we found a few user reviews saying it wasn't very sturdy. How many volts is a Vipertek stun gun? Some stun guns, like many made by TASER, fire barbed electrodes connected to the gun by wires. Stun guns are less regulated than firearms, but they arent legal in all places. Copyright 2023 Center for the National Interest All Rights Reserved, Luckily for you, we have compiled a list of what we believe to be the top 5 stun guns out on the market right now. 2023 . The top of the ring features to small, inlaid prongs that are, Attached to the ring is a comfortable oval-shaped base that is designed to rest comfortably in the palm of your hand. A week ago my Chihuahua was attacked by a neighbor's much larger dog. I love how easy it is to use. The Xtreme Sanctuary also comes with an insanely loud alarm activated by flipping the slide button all the way upsomething thats missing on the Vipertek. What does it mean to cut a deck of tarot cards? After that, they all sound shady, but i need a new one. Built-in rechargeable battery. Does Vipertek Taser hurt? Another great option would be pepper spray and depending on where you live, pepper spray might be legal where a stun gun isnt or the other way around. Stop for a minute, find a clock/watch second hand somewhere and examine what a five second time span really is. While the TASER Pulse is the most powerful electric shock weapon on our list, we don't think it's worth the cost for most folks. Thats why we have selected a few of the main defining features that you should be paying attention to when selecting your new stun gun. The amount of current it generates is impressive. A stun gun requires you to contact two points to an assailant while typical TASERs shoot out prongs at a distance. Im glad theres a safety on/off switch but it also takes some deliberate action to activate the stun capabilities. Volts are fine, but the real measure is where it stands on the uC pain scale. The, In terms of power, the Guard Dog Inferno is one of the weaker ones on our list, coming in at, Some are heavier than others, have differently styled prongs, or provide more or less voltage. John holds a Bachelor's degree in Communications, Journalism emphasis from Utah Valley University. The VIPERTEK VTS-880 Stun Gun - More and more people are looking to protect themselves by investing in a stun gun. The pain from being tased by the Vipertek Taser is more of a shock than anything else. VIPERTEK VTS-979 - Stun Gun - Rechargeable with Safety Disable Pin LED Flashlight, Pink Military Strength Protection: This rechargeable stun gun is engineered to meet the demands of Police, Military, and Security Professionals worldwide but also available to civilians who are serious about their security and safety. The Guard Dog Security Hornet is probably the smallest stun gun we came across during our researchit even fits on a keychain. Instead, our system considers things like how recent a review is and if the reviewer bought the item on Amazon. How long does a stun gun incapacitate someone? Its only about the size of a deck of cards, but still packs a hell of a punch, firing 35 million volts. After viewing product detail pages, look here to find an easy way to navigate back to pages you are interested in. It Will Determine Your Lifetime. When you first receive your VTS-880, the instructions will state that your initial charge should be between six and eight hours. The non-slip rubber coating makes this stun gun easy to handle and keeps the body of the weapon moisture and oil-free. VIPERTEK VTS-989 - Heavy Duty Stun Gun Rechargeable LED Flashlight Military Strength Protection: This rechargeable stun gun is engineered to meet the demands of Police, Military, and Security Professionals worldwide but also available to civilians who are serious about their security and safety. Taser Pulse Electrodes A stun gun is a smaller device that delivers the shock through direct contact with the assailant via electrodes on the device. We'll only use the information provided according to our privacy policy. Thanks! Yes. Their stun guns deliver consistently high voltage, probably between 15,000 and 40,000 volts, which is more than enough to incapacitate someone in an instant. Vipertek VTS-989-230 Million Volt Self Defense Stun Gun Black. If you are still reading, I Pray this will be of assistance because there is so much more. Reviewed in the United States on February 15, 2023, The reason why I know this is good is because I accidentally electric myself and it really painful even just a finger. Which is better pepper spray or stun gun? SCORE. In any case, we think the Vipertek VTS-195 is a practical alternative to more purpose-built stun guns. The situation for any client is more serious where a stun gun is disguised as another object. Take a look at the Streetwise Sting Ring that is sort of like a brass knucklebut with added shock value. Already had an incident where it would have been nice to have it and probably would have saved us all from a lot of trouble and harm done. The design provides a nice grip for my hand. The amperage conducted into the Attacker is your defensive power. After all, nobody wants to get shocked by such a device, which is a wholly unpleasant experience. We asked safety expert Pete Canavan for some stun gun safety tips: First, and most critical, is understanding the risk. All rights reserved. We may earn money when you click links on our site. We have chosen a top pick for 3 main categories (best value, best for personal defense, and max power), as well a couple of honorable mentions.