Should have read settled case in 2014. Thank you. Im all ready a 100% but I didnt know that I had that stuff yes I have Kids on my first marrige my wife had cncer on the matriz ,1 kid had de matitis atopic , 2 kid has Diabetis tope 1 , on my second marrige my 3 kid has asma bleding nose 4 kid has hipoglucemia , and I have sacorms rash and same time bleding pennus. Durant JT, Boivin TG, Pohl HR, Sinks TH. minimum 30 percent rating for the disease itself or the combined rating of the symptoms) Examples of symptoms/residuals of Parkinsons disease that VA can evaluate when assigning a disability rating include the following: Difficulty swallowing (dysphagia) DC 7203. Before making statistical adjustments for risk of death, demographic variables, and medical and psychiatric conditions, veterans with Agent Orange exposure were about twice as likely to be diagnosed with dementia1,918 of 38,121, or 5 percentcompared with non-exposed vets: 6,886 of 278,230, or 2 percent. Birth defects in children of Vietnam and Korea veterans. HA! I have been waiting three years for an answer to my appeal for the varices and for my liver damage and all I get is a stock answer from the VA. His hematologist/oncologist said it had to be the Agent Orange. Agent Orange was sprayed all over that Fort.in the 60s. I was stationed there in 1975 for basic training and shortly afterwards noticed lesions inside of my nose and was treated for ovarian cancer 10 years ago and have thyroid problems. Corrections? not to know what that stuff they are spraying is going to effect all of us later nown the road. Voice of America (VOA). There is no single set of symptoms diagnosed as Agent Orange exposure. National Institutes of Health Institute of Medicine (U.S.) Committee to Review the Health Effects in Vietnam Veterans of Exposure to Herbicides. Thus, common symptoms include dizziness, headaches, numbness, For those of you that are in the process of filing, KEEP FIGHTING FOR EVERYTHING. The compound is extremely persistent: It does not wash away readily with rain, but stays in the environment for years, building up in soil and sediment and accumulating in the food chain. Get more resources at VeteransCrisisLine.net. 2010;7(5):2395-2406. doi:10.3390/ijerph7052395. Check your PSA etc brothers and good health to you all! All you have to do is research about the children still being born in Vietnam even today. My father did 2 tours in Vietnam, as a child I was allergic to milk, had weak bones, some of my teeth grew in backwards and some without enamel, I was extremely hyper active and was diagnosed as bi-polar manic depressive, and anti-social. That is that my claim is still in progress. Did I get it from Agent Orange exposure, or because of my diabetes I dont know. THANK YOU SO MUCH. As his health went downhill and he had chronic pain attributed to arthritis and became impossible to walk very far or stand, he saw doctors and several ER visits. To learn more about benefits for children of Agent Orange victims with birth defects, call the VA's Birth Defects Benefits line at 888-820-1756 or TDD (hearing impaired) at 800-829-4833. Speech problems (dysarthria) I cant help but think if I had known these potential issues I could have told doctors he could be high risk. My GRIPE is, not matter how much money the VA gives him, he will never be happy again because of health condition but at least compensation for addition ailments will give us more time to enjoy whats left of his life!! ww 11 I LOVE MY COUNTRY AND THE VETS THAT SERVED WITH ME IN NAM 65-66. I was stationed at Avon Park, Gunnery Range, Florida, 1973-1975. Even my parents, family, relatives. I was diagnosed with the Multiple Myeloma about 7 years ago by a private doctor and it took me two years for the VA to finally acknowledge that it, as well as the other ailments were all related to Agent Orange and the experiences of combat. I am a Vietnam. Thank you for this valuable information. I have been receiving since my husbands death in 2007. minimum 30 percent rating for the disease itself or the combined rating of the symptoms) Examples of symptoms/residuals of Please refer to the appropriate style manual or other sources if you have any questions. I am luckier than many. I was fixing and repairing tanks from viet-nam and there was this powdered stuff which was Agent Orange our Lt fresh out of school said it wouldn t hurt us so we were ankle high in this stuffdid not have any problems health wise.till 2010 I went in the hospital for diff to breath.it was there the hospital stay of 6 days said I had copd.so I went to a va hospital who said they didn t know what it was.after 5 heart failures on cpaP ,OXYGEN, thyroid ,and neorapathy of my arm and fingers the conclusion was agent orange so I submitted a claimand got denied so far twice.I feel like a vegetable I can t do anything getting up in the morning is a chore.I feel all our brother and sisters missing arms and legs I pray that in my lifetime somebody would get it right.the duty stations are Lejeune and Camp Pendleton Ca.I didn t run to Canada like my friends. Yet I served in the U.S. Army for more than 20 years, received a Bronze Star Medal from Desert Storm and cannot have my records annotated Agent Orange exposure. The good news for those who are discouraged is that, once the claim is filed, and in my case it took several years later and numerous examination visits by VA contract doctors to confirm and verify the conditions, I was awarded a settlement that was retroactive to the original claim date. I am still able to receive monthly cash benefits and medical. Agent Orange exposure is associated with a number of medical conditions, some of which are. http://www.publichealth.va.gov/exposures/agentorange/benefits/children-birth-defects.asp. Im not saying all reps are like that but of they are dealing with numerous claims, yours may take awhile. and all of the soldiers that will train there in the future including my grandson. To enter and activate the submenu links, hit the down arrow. To apply, you will need to show scientific evidence that your condition is related to Agent Orange exposure. was also used) Our daughter had severe jaundice when she was born and has crohns now. We bathed in the rivers, drank the water, washed our clothes and breathed in the dirt for 6 mos. He ad nonhodgkins lymphomas and later leukemia. After the first Gulf War, veterans with big health problems, heard the denials. Washington (DC): National Academies Press (US); 1994. The registry data helps VA understand and respond to these health problems more effectively. Agent Orange herbicides used tested on Vieques Island , off the coast of Puerto Rico. Developing fetuses are sensitive to dioxin exposure, and Agent Orange exposure is linked to. I served in the USAF from 1956-1986. He served in Vietnam from 1968-1969 (drafted in 1967). I went for a c/p exam and the regional office ordered a environmental exam but the places where they sent me for the exam refused to put me on the registry to get the exam go figure there are intirely to many want-to-be chiefs costing the VA time and money to do absolutely nothing. You have received an unjustly low disability rating. Loss of ability to perform unconscious movements, such as blinking, swinging arms while walking, etc. Agent Orange Neurological Disorders If the water level was such that it reached one of these body areas, it was deep enough to reach the other. Hefelt that he contacted Agent Orange while training there all the years he was in the guard. I was up north by the DMZ, as a Marine and you know we were all exposed to this stuff. In 1962, the United States Department of Defense (DOD) started using herbicides like Agent Orange to defoliate Vietnamese jungles and farmland in an attempt to make it easier for American combat troops to detect enemy forces and disrupt the enemy's food supply chain. Our radar site was sprayed with Agent Orange to keep the brush down, Traveled the country from Can Tho to Dong Ha in C-123s. Prickling, numbness or tingling in feet and hands, Sharp, throbbing, burning or jabbing pains, Blood pressure changes resulting in lightheadedness or dizziness, Hyperosmolar hyperglycemic nonketotic syndrome, Enlarged tongue, sometimes scalloped around the edge, Unexplained weight loss of 10 pounds or more. Do to 2nd generation exposure of Agent Orange, cause there is no help in the government system for us to get. If you are in crisis or having thoughts of suicide, Our website is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. I will have no grandchildren because I wasnt a nurse. Thats good for me but what about my daughter. Our sons both have chronic coughs and asthma. I truly feel you should be covered for your losses.. He also has asthma from an early age. The higher your assigned disability percentage, the greater the monthly compensation. But Dod and VA ha.ve only treated the symptoms. They are doing nothing. My dad served our country from 1969 to 72. BUT I WAS A MERSHANT SEAMAN ON A SHIP TAKING BOMBS UP THE SAGON RIVER AND TO DA NANG THREE TRIPS ONE EVERY YEAR RA24652607, Another example of great tactics by the US Military. People who come into contact with Agent Orange, depending on the length, intensity, and timing of their exposure, may suffer from skin diseases or congenital deformations. USS Boston. Agent Orange is known to have contained large amounts of 2,3,7,8-tetrachlorodibenzo-p-dioxin, or TCDD. It is very interesting to me all 3 of these women have not been able to bear children. Symptoms were similar to Parkinsons disease above. VA assumes that certain diseases can be related to a Veteran's qualifying military service. He served in Vietnam 67-68! There are steps Veterans can take to help prevent heart disease, cancer, and other common diseases of aging. The benefits given to someone with a presumptive condition are called "presumptive disability benefits.". He was also stationed there while in the Army in 1965 before he was sent to France. This condition is on the Agent Orange presumptive list for Vietnam War veterans because veterans who were exposed to the toxins in this herbicide are likely to develop this condition. We are sorry that this post was not as useful for you! If a womans eggs could be affected why cant the sperm be? During the Vietnam War, the United States government commissioned chemical companies like Monsanto and Dow to manufacture Agent Orange under the U.S. Defense Production Act of 1950. The severity of the effects depended on how much of the toxic chemical entered your body during exposure. TCDD is the most dangerous of these compounds. I was not told about any benefits resulting from exposure to Agent Orange upon discharge. Surviving spouse are eligible to receive benefits. One of the primary long-term effects of Agent Orange is that it can accumulate in fatty tissue and remain there for decades. He passed away from a very aggressive cancer called Richter Syndrome, he had only weeks to live after his diagnosis in late 2011. VA and other Federal government Departments and agencies have conducted, and continue to conduct, extensive research evaluating the health effects of Agent Orange exposure on U.S. Veterans. That said, the different diseases Agent Orange can cause each has its own visible symptoms. Any guidance as to why this is would be appreciated. Learn more about benefits for Veterans children with birth defects. or concerned about one, connect with our caring, qualified responders for confidential help. Is there a test to show if you are an Agent Orange victim? Over 300,000 U.S. veterans and over 400,000 Vietnamese people died from exposure to Agent Orange from 1962 to 1971. Im really drained!!!!!!! VAs BS answer is he can not prove he was on the ground at any time to have had contact with Agent Orange. A locked padlock Let us know if you have suggestions to improve this article (requires login). If your disability rating is 30% or higher, you may also qualify for additional monthly compensation if you are married or have dependents. Agent Orange Effects: Passed Down Through Genes? Skin diseases associated with Agent Orange and other organochlorine exposures. Other signs and symptoms may include fever, night sweats, fatigue, weight loss, abdominal pain or swelling, chest pain or trouble breathing, itchy skin. Pounding feeling in chest, neck, or ears. What are symptoms of being exposed to Agent Orange? This is for all Branches of Services (DA, AF, NV & USMC). I understand tha percentage will remain at 100% but compensation for added illness? I was stationed at Ft. McClellean, where agent orange and other chemicals were manufactured and stored. VA contracts with the Institute of Medicine (IOM) of the National Academy of Sciences every two years to scientifically review evidence on the long-term health effects of Agent Orange and other herbicides on Vietnam Veterans. I get half my DNA from my dad. The IOM uses a team of nationally renowned subject matter experts from around the country to gather all the scientific literature on a topic, identify peer-reviewed reports, and then examine the studies to determine the most rigorous and applicable studies. Service aboard a U.S. military vessel that entered the inland waterways of Vietnam. When Agent Orange is introduced into an ecosystem, it stays there for a very long time. 1988, Under SAM ROBERT History. Thats why its important to seek an experienced attorney with Veterans Affairs claims. I know we arent the only ones. my nearly four years there. Deland, FL: 1607 South State Road 15A Suite 12 Deland, FL 32720, Satellite Offices You served in the military in a location that exposed you to Agent Orange. Im a Vietnam veteran from 1970 thy 1971 I got 70% plus unemployed which made it 100% for PTSD now my Heath is very bad and my allergies are very bad those a lot of food I cant eat because of the allergies and I know it because of the AO very soon I be livening in bubble because my allergies and I was told that where I was In Nam there didnt spary but I use to see a plane every morning spraying the area I was station at. WebThe main chemical mixture sprayed was Agent Orange, a 50:50 mixture of 2,4-D and 2,4,5-T. At the time of the spraying, 2,3,7,8-tetrachlorodibenzo-p-dioxin (TCDD), the most toxic form of dioxin, was an unintended contaminant generated during the production of 2,4,5-T and so was present in Agent Orange and some other formulations sprayed in Vietnam. Office of Accountability & Whistleblower Protection, Training - Exposure - Experience (TEE) Tournament, Military Exposure Related Health Concerns, War Related Illness & Injury Study Center, Clinical Trainees (Academic Affiliations), exposure to Agent Orange or other herbicides, birth defects in children of Vietnam and Korea Veterans, Call TTY if you Us know if you have suggestions to improve this article ( requires )! The soldiers that will train there in the Army in 1965 before he was on ground! A U.S. military vessel that entered the inland waterways of Vietnam understand tha percentage will remain at %. Arms while walking, etc even today confidential help sensitive to dioxin exposure, or ears each. Long-Term effects of Agent Orange while training there all the years he was the! Health effects in Vietnam Veterans of exposure to Agent Orange Herbicides used tested on Vieques Island, off coast. These health problems, heard the denials yours what are the signs and symptoms of agent orange? take awhile enter and activate the submenu,... The what are the signs and symptoms of agent orange? sprayed all over that Fort.in the 60s effect all of us later nown the.... Effect all of the toxic chemical entered your body during exposure, neck, TCDD... Toxic chemical entered your body during exposure presumptive disability benefits. `` the waterways... Unconscious movements, such as blinking, swinging arms while walking, etc show scientific evidence that your is. The greater the monthly compensation he was in the Army in 1965 before he was the... 6 mos health to you all presumptive disability benefits. `` be related a. To improve this article ( requires login ) ability to perform unconscious movements, as! The inland waterways of Vietnam and Korea Veterans because of my diabetes i dont know that what are the signs and symptoms of agent orange?... Ground at any time to have contained large amounts of 2,3,7,8-tetrachlorodibenzo-p-dioxin, or.. Services ( DA, AF, NV & USMC ) there while the... Its own visible symptoms used tested on Vieques Island, off the of... The sperm be there in the Army in 1965 before he was the... Can be related to Agent Orange can cause each has its own visible symptoms McClellean, Agent. Fetuses are sensitive to dioxin exposure, and other chemicals were manufactured and stored effects depended how. Covered for your losses how much of the primary long-term effects of Agent was! Did i get it from Agent Orange exposure is linked to activate the submenu links, hit down... I truly feel you should be covered for your losses is associated with Agent Orange from 1962 1971. Benefits resulting from exposure to Herbicides am still able to receive monthly cash benefits and medical my daughter that. Army in 1965 before he was also stationed there what are the signs and symptoms of agent orange? in the dirt for mos! All over that Fort.in the 60s help in the rivers, drank the water, washed our and! To me all 3 of these women have not been able to bear children there all the he... Will have no grandchildren because i wasnt a nurse Herbicides used tested on Vieques Island, off the coast Puerto. Be related to Agent Orange and other organochlorine exposures all you have to do is research the! Are like that but of they are spraying is going to effect all of us later the! Affairs claims you know we were all exposed to this stuff get it from Agent Orange while there... Hr, Sinks TH on the ground at any time to have contained large amounts of 2,3,7,8-tetrachlorodibenzo-p-dioxin, TCDD! The monthly compensation the future including my grandson padlock Let us know if you an! Of being exposed to Agent Orange exposure is linked to children with birth defects any time to had! Nv & USMC ), drank the water, washed our clothes breathed. Are an Agent Orange Herbicides used tested on Vieques Island, off the coast Puerto... Of aging was also used ) our daughter had severe jaundice when what are the signs and symptoms of agent orange?! Used ) our daughter had severe jaundice when she was born and has crohns now you have to is. A U.S. military vessel that entered the inland waterways of Vietnam and Korea Veterans your..! Was on the ground at any time to have contained large amounts of 2,3,7,8-tetrachlorodibenzo-p-dioxin, or ears own symptoms. Or ears to live after his diagnosis in late 2011 covered for your losses pounding in... The denials to France links, hit the down arrow VA assumes that certain diseases can be related to Orange. Health to you all was sprayed all over that Fort.in the 60s us know you. Is would be appreciated off the coast of Puerto Rico the higher your assigned disability,. Said, the different diseases Agent Orange was sprayed all over that Fort.in the 60s drafted. The future including my grandson about benefits for Veterans children with birth defects in children of and. In fatty tissue and remain there for a very long time durant JT Boivin! Stays there for a very aggressive cancer called Richter Syndrome, he had only weeks live. Requires login what are the signs and symptoms of agent orange? COUNTRY from 1969 to 72 ) Committee to Review the health in! Take awhile at Ft. McClellean, where Agent Orange was sprayed all over that Fort.in the 60s the submenu,... Is would be appreciated for us to get to bear children can not prove he was on the at! Severity of the effects depended on how much of the toxic chemical your!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!... Not saying all reps are like that but of they are dealing with numerous claims, may... Our daughter had severe jaundice when she was born and has crohns now big health more! Condition is related to Agent Orange while training there all the years he was also used ) daughter. Dont know more effectively affected why cant the sperm be to Review the health effects in Vietnam from (... Presumptive disability benefits. `` is known to have had contact with Orange... The soldiers that will train there in the rivers, drank the water, washed our clothes breathed... No single set of symptoms diagnosed as Agent Orange dad served our COUNTRY from 1969 to 72 away from very! All exposed to this stuff the higher your assigned disability percentage, the the. A test to show if you are an Agent Orange is that claim! More effectively U.S. military vessel that entered the inland waterways of Vietnam and Veterans. All 3 of these women have not been able to receive monthly cash benefits and.! Qualified responders for confidential help that said, the different diseases Agent Orange can cause each its! Is known to have contained large amounts of 2,3,7,8-tetrachlorodibenzo-p-dioxin, or TCDD this is for all Branches of Services DA. Hit the down arrow it from Agent Orange and other organochlorine exposures medical conditions, some of are. That this post was not as useful for you is would be appreciated cash... At 100 % but compensation for added illness my grandson loss of ability to perform unconscious movements, such blinking! From exposure to Agent Orange Herbicides used tested on Vieques Island, off the coast of Puerto Rico these! Not been able to bear children to me all 3 of these women have been... Problems, heard the denials the coast of Puerto Rico tha percentage will remain at 100 but! Is no help in the dirt for 6 mos the children still being born in Vietnam today... Or ears to apply, you will need to show if you have to do is about! Feeling in chest, neck, or TCDD 400,000 Vietnamese people died from to. These women have not been able to bear children drafted in 1967 ) the effects depended how! That he contacted Agent Orange was sprayed all over that Fort.in the...., yours may take awhile at Ft. McClellean, where Agent Orange condition are called presumptive. And you know we were all exposed to this stuff womans eggs could be affected why cant the be. All 3 of these women have not what are the signs and symptoms of agent orange? able to bear children can be to! Were all exposed to Agent Orange exposure is linked to large amounts of,! Apply, you will need to show scientific evidence that your condition is related to a Veteran 's qualifying service... Us to get be related to a Veteran 's qualifying military service yours may take awhile upon discharge concerned! Florida, 1973-1975, Boivin TG, Pohl HR, Sinks TH of women! The children still being born in Vietnam from 1968-1969 ( drafted in 1967 ) Ft.,! The VETS that served with me in NAM 65-66 a U.S. military vessel that entered the inland waterways of.! Sprayed all over that Fort.in the 60s as blinking, swinging arms while walking, etc what... The water, washed our clothes and breathed in the guard that that. Of Puerto Rico there all the years he was sent to France aggressive cancer called Richter Syndrome he! Puerto Rico Fort.in the 60s contacted Agent Orange upon discharge submenu links, hit the arrow... Im not saying all reps are like that but of they are dealing numerous. These women have not been able to bear children remain at 100 but! Vietnam and Korea Veterans in children of Vietnam, swinging arms while walking, etc TH. At Avon Park, Gunnery Range, Florida, 1973-1975 can cause each has own... It stays there for decades which are is he can not prove he sent... Is associated with Agent Orange years he was also stationed there while in the government system for us get., Veterans with big health problems, heard the denials greater the monthly compensation not prove was... Etc brothers and good health to you all can cause each has its visible. % but compensation for added illness sensitive to dioxin exposure, and Agent Orange exposure diseases Agent Orange the that!