Bruce learned that Elvis Presley once visited London in 1958 and was given a tour of the city by Tommy Steele during his appearance on Bill Kenwright's show on April 21, 2008. Charlotte Dean For Mailonline, The full inside story behind Prince Andrew's car crash TV interview: The woman who set it all up reveals Beatrice listened to him discuss teen sex claims and says 'each time I thought he couldn't say anything worse, he DID! Cookies are also used for Google Ads personalisation. The shake-up has caused a huge divide amongst listeners, prompting Steve to address the furore on his Sunday Love Songs show. Ricky Wilson to host keynote session at the Student Radio Conference, Lincs FM to lose its FM frequencies for Greatest Hits Radio, Greatest Hits Radio to replace KISS in Cambridgeshire and Suffolk, Nation sells Channel Islands DAB multiplex to Tindle CI Broadcasting, Strike action coming to Local BBC Radio following official ballot, Alton Andrews signs up for the new Red Rose Radio, BBC Radio 4s Carolyn Quinn leaves the BBC after 36 years, Morning presenter Steve Allen has hosted his last show on LBC, Vernon Kay to replace Ken Bruce on BBC Radio 2s morning show, Matt Richardson to replace Iain Lee on JACKfm Breakfast, Pete Wicks and Hits Radios Sam Thompson are Staying Relevant, Lomond Radios youngest presenter turns 10 years old, Radio Academy to hold next Training Day in Cardiff, RadioToday is part of the TodayToday network, We use cookies on our website to give you the most relevant experience by remembering your preferences and repeat visits. Your email address will not be published. Radio; from Friday Night Is Music Night (number 2017-06-02) BBC Radio 2 ; . Bill Kenwright birthday is on 4-Sep-45 and he was born on Tuesday. 'Later this year, fans of the afternoon show can go to BBC Sounds to hear a Serious Jockin' series and I'm also looking forward to developing and creating some exciting new digital programmes and podcasts, which will feature elements of the afternoon show. Production company Bill Kenwright Ltd has been accused of deceiving audiences with the material it used to publicise its production of Rodney Ackland's play, which toured the UK in September and . Ian Hunter wrote to MailOnline to say he is 'one of the radio 2 refugees', adding: 'the current line up leaves me cold'. Thank you thank you thank you.'. Chris will be leaving Radio 1 to focus on presenting That Peter Crouch Podcast and his podcast with Chef Tom Kerridge The Pirate Ship. Listeners David and Joanne Holder from Northampton said: 'I cant tell you how disappointed we are with the new woke management at Radio 2 and their efforts to get rid of us by trying to attract a younger audience'. Bill Kenwright Ltd Entertainment Providers London, England 1,970 followers Independent theatre and film production company He became the second largest shareholder in 1999, when Peter Johnson sold his shareholding after the Football Association told to him sell his interests in either Tranmere Rovers or Everton. as well series two of her BBC Sounds podcast, Michelle Visage's Rule Breakers. While sad faces spread across the news we are here to present you with all the details about When does Ken Bruce leave radio 2. The presenter, 37, who joined BBC Radio 1 in September 2007, hung up his microphone, with Jordan Northand Vick Hope taking over. She told listeners to her show this weekend: Very sadly our show will be coming to an end on Radio 2. He is an actor and producer, known for The Fanatic (2019), My Pure Land (2017) and Broken (2012). Celeb obsessed? and This one's for my people in Manchester and my wee country of Northern Ireland, we did it!'. It came as Steve Wright, 68, was replaced in the afternoon slot after 23 years by Radio 1's Scott Mills, 49. Bill Kenwright Limited BKL House 1 Venice Walk London W2 1RR United Kingdom. The news was also shared on Instagram by Lewis Capaldi, saying that Scott and Chris were 'terrified' to say something that would 'upset' their audience. Elly Blake We wish Paul the very best of luck and hope to work with him again in the future.". Afternoons will finish in September, we'll move onto new programmes and projects in October, and Love Songs will continue every Sunday morning. Former loyal listener Nicola McGiff said: 'Without doubt Ken Bruce was the final straw for me, and I made the immediate decision to switch to Greatest Hits Radio.'. He is an actor and producer, known for The Fanatic (2019), My Pure Land (2017) and Broken (2012). Radio 2 has axed its shows dedicated to swing music and early rocknroll as the station concentrates its attention on the next era of pop. ?O, Yep to much and Radio Scotland doing away with some Classical and Jazz programs as well. (divorced) Trivia (3) A gambler at heart, he continued to run Blood Brothers on Broadway despite a panning by the New York critics and it became a huge box office hit. Ive been on the network for 15 wonderful years and I will be leaving just after Christmas. Everyone knows that Bill is a West End producer extraordinaire, but less people know he also has an. Non-profit, educational or personal use tips the balance in favour of fair use. BBC Radio 4. Some critics of the change disapproved of the incoming DJ, with one saying they 'never enjoy' his cover shows on Radio 2. After the sad news that presenter Paul O'Grady is stepping down from his 'beloved' Radio 2 role, we take a look at the other stars who are leaving the BBC station. She added: I was told back in May, so Ive had a long time to get used to it. Clare has been presenting programmes on the station since 2006 including Big Band Special and also took over Sunday evenings from Malcolm Laycock in 2009. 'But over the last few months I've been doing a lot of thinking about my future and after 14 years, I've made the decision that it's time for me to move on - I'd like to thank the listeners as without them none of this could have been possible and the Radio 1 family, who have been such a huge part of my life. Getting shut of Paul OGrady is stupid.". Chris Evans has left. 'It's also been an honour to start the weekend on BBC Radio 5 Live for the past three years. Others called it a 'big mistake' and a 'sad and bad move' from the BBC. The I'm A Celeb star added: 'I am absolutely chuffed to be making the move over to Radio 1 daytime and even happier to be working alongside Vick. But others praised the decision. Landing the role, former Capital presenter Vick said: 'What a madness! The star went on to reveal that although shes had time to get used to the news now, she has been through a cycle of emotions. He is moving to Greatest Hits Radio which boosted its audience by nearly a third in the last year to 4.3million a week. Aug 14 - Clearwater & Club Level at RPR COMPLETE, "Returning to Jamerica" Nov 13 - High Grove Villa, Disney & US/HRH - COMPLETE, "Living in Jamerica-The Bud Light Years" Oct 11 - Windsor Hills, Disney, US/HRH -COMPLETE. Teal will leave the station in January, and told the Daily Telegraph that she was sad to leave. Other uncategorized cookies are those that are being analyzed and have not been classified into a category as yet. Ken Bruceannounced that he has decided to leave BBC Radio 2in March. The news came just weeks after Annie announced in April that she was leaving after 17 years to be replaced byClara Amfo. PHONE +44 20 7446 6200. Salary in 2022. They hope to move to more regional bases in Birmingham, Cardiff, Leeds and Glasgow. Moment axed Radio 2 host Steve Wright walked out of the BBC and lamented 'sometimes people want you, sometimes they don't' after he announced he was leaving his show after more than 20 years. The Strictly host's weekly show for Radio 2 and a range of programmes and series makes her around 369K. "We have a way of working, a philosophy, and the people at the club, they buy into it." There is a reason behind this robust presentation, of . READ MORE:Christian Horner admits 'problem' at home with Geri Halliwell. I'm an avid Radio One listener but not their demographic (50). 'The morning show is nothing but empty headed drivel, then you get the one shining joy of Ken Bruce, then it's downhill. I don't do holidays because I love work, whether it's the shows or the football," he says. Drop him and get Ricky Wilson to do the same show. In addition, Ken has been a frequent presenter of Sunday Night is Music Night and has handled Radio 2's coverage of the Eurovision Song Contest since 1988. Also making the list is Trevor who works on Radio 2's Rhythm Nation and some weekend shows on 1Xtra. Tina appears on a host of shows including Radio 2 Breakfast Show, Beyond Today podcast, BBC One News, BBC Breakfast cover, BBC World Service's The Cultural Frontline and cover for Woman's Hour. Dean was given his first opportunity to host on Radio 1 over the 2020 festive period as part of Radio 1's Christmas Takeover where 33 new DJs and presenters were given a once in a lifetime opportunity to broadcast on the UK's biggest youth radio station, and has since hosted Friday Early Breakfast on the station. Tim Rice and Stuart Brayson's epic musical 'From Here To Eternity' is getting its first London revival in a newly revised production at Charing Cross Theatre, from 29 . The following year, he took Terry Wogan's place as host of the Radio 2 Breakfast Show. Bill Kenwright happy with Everton manager development after private Moshiri vow - report Goodison News 19:16 27-Jan-23. He says Kenwright tries to silence any dissent by not allowing . I'm beyond excited to be joining the team and working alongside my radio idols and friends at the legendary Wogan House. However, Craig can still be heard on BBC Radio 6 Music each weekday, from 1-4pm, and The Craig Charles Funk and Soul Show - which airs Saturday nights, 6-9pm. 'Greatest Hits Radio is now my station of choice, its presenters are a pleasure to listen to with good music, and guess what most are ex-BBC 2.'. Radio 4's Today programme dropped by 282,000 to 6.1million in the same period. "Its been an honour and privilege to be the Breakfast voice of BBC Radio London for 20 years and although Im leaving the show, Ill continue to expect hugs from my lovely listeners when I see them on the streets of London! He will be replaced by Scott Mills, who currently hosts afternoons on Radio 1, in a shake-up of the daytime schedule. 'I can't wait for people to hear some of the ideas and projects they've got lined up, they're really pushing the boundaries of what we can do. Dean said: 'When I applied for the Christmas cover gig in December I didn't think for one second that I'd get it never mind landing my own show 6 months later, I'm absolutely buzzing. But the programmes will have no place in a refresh by the stations new controller, Helen Thomas. The new Radio 1 show will also be broadcast from the BBC's MediaCityUK studios in Salford. ', Helen Thomas, Head of Radio 2 added: 'Steve's a legendary radio broadcaster and producer, known for his passion and commitment in keeping millions of listeners entertained each weekday afternoon. Elly Blake 'It has been everything I'd imagined and even more. 'So let me get this straight, we get to hang out every weekend, cause absolute CHAOS and party to all the biggest Radio 1 anthems? BBC axes 10 stalwarts from chief presenter roles and unveils five anchors of rolling news channel - after staff exodus over controversial merger, READ MORE:Zoe Ball is forced to pull out of her Radio 2 show as listeners beg stand-in Vernon Kay to stay permanently after he delighted them with his Mick Jagger impression. It came as insiders told MailOnline Nick's decision to leave Radio 1 'isn't about money', but because he wanted a new challenge. 'There are too many people to thank from my Radio 1 journey. 'Now, I've been doing this programme for 24 years at Radio 2, and so how can I possibly complain? Oh he's the only one I love listening too now. Laurence Dollimore 'Nick's loved every minute of his time at Radio 1 and loves broadcasting. Producer and director Bill Kenwright formed his eponymous independent theater and film production company in 1984 and has been filling stages and screens ever . To apply to one of these roles, please email your CV to recruitment@kenwright.com with a cover letter outlining why you would be a good fit for the role.recruitment@kenwright.com with a cover letter outlining why you would be a good fit for the role. He resides in Oxfordshire, close to Thame, with his third wife Kerith. and The video made solely for the purpose of , study, review or critical analysis purposes only. British actor and theatrical producer, born in Liverpool UK.