I acquired a model 43 serial number 19257A. Blued finish. Rather than going to the expense of building a detachable magazine for a cartridge that would probably not sell a lot of rifles, Greg decided to make Model 82s in that caliber single-shots with a solid-bottom receiver. Simi Valley, CA 93065. You are considering a vintage Winchester Model 43 Barrel -- it's chambered for 218 Bee. Thanks for responding to my question (I had to at least ask). Hornady has, but they are impossible to find. Mechanically excellent. CT buyers must be FFL holder. SOLD. All Rights Reserved. CALIBER - .218 BEE. Winchester 43 .218 Bee caliber rifle. The .218 Bee had a 24-inch barrel and was billed as a better varmint cartridge than the .22 Hornet, which was introduced by Winchester in 1930. Please contact Customer Service. Winchester Model 43 Bolt Action Rifle in .218 BeeManufactured from 1949 to 1957 with standard Winchester markings, hooded ramp front and elevation adjustable rear sights and receiver tapped for sight/scope mounting. Learn more here: http://bit.ly/1G7xXag. Only one factory load was offered: a 46-grain hollowpoint at 2,860 fps. Deluxe checkered stock with fancy figured walnut stock and Winchester pistol grip cap. Close Menu. problem is I haven't located the magazine yet and I don't know if there. Can you tell me if your rifle is a Standard, or a Special? Seller Type: Private User Licence # 54749312B: Unavailable at Phoenix. RIAC believes that this website is accessible to the widest possible audience pursuant to the guidelines of the Americans with Disability Act. Subscriber Services. Like the Winchester Model 43 and the Sako L46, the Kimber Model 82 allowed the use of pointed bullets in .218 Bee handloads, which improved its performance over factory ammunition. Magazines canroutinely be found on eBay, or at most large gun shows. Model:Ballistic Silvertip Type:Poly Tip Unit per box:20 Units per case:200 . Whereas the Hornet was designed for use in bolt-action rifles, the Bee was designed for a rear-locking lever-action rifle, and for this reason, it was loaded to lower chamber pressure. Thanks Bert. Bore Condition:The bore is bright and the rifling is sharp. If I switch to Winchester 45-gr SP ammo, my group immediately opens to nearly 2-inches @100 yards. The cartridge is named for the bore diameter of the barrel, not the bullet diameter. Is this a bad thing? 4.0 out of 5 stars. My recommendation is to by a box on all the factory varieties you can find, and spend a day at the range shooting them to see which one your rifle likes the best. Top 10 6.5 PRC (Precision Rifle Cartridge) Rifles, 7 Top .17 HMR (Hornady Magnum Rimfire) Rifles, Strasser RS 14 Evolution Consul III Bolt-Action Rifle: Full Review, Mossberg Patriot Long-Range Hunter Bolt-Action Rifle: Full Review, .45-70 vs .450 Bushmaster Cartridge Clash, Savage Impulse Big Game Straight-Pull Bolt-Action Rifle: Full Review, 6 Best .300 PRC (Precision Rifle Cartridge) Rifles, 6.5 PRC vs 6.5 RPM What You Need to Know, Sweet Scents of Gun Solvents and Oils: 12 Perfumes for Firearms, 10 Best 6.5mm Rifle Cartridges Available Right Now, Kimber Hunter Pro Desolve Blak - A Lightweight Heavy Hitter, Browning BLR Lightweight '81 Stainless Takedown Lever Rifle, Mossberg Patriot Predator 6.5 PRC Rifle Review, Review: Springfield Armory M1A Loaded Rifle in 6.5 Creedmoor, RCBS ChargeMaster Lite Review: Not 'Lite' on Ability, Remington Model Seven SS HS Bolt-Action Rifle Review. There is no erosion. Also often recommended is slightly quicker burning 2400, but it borders on being too fast, making it tricky to work with in this cartridge. Stock Winchester model 43 Black Walnut This is the stock Winchester model 43. Another benefit to the thicker brass is longer case life for the .218 Bee when both cartridges are loaded to maximum velocities. I have always wanted a .218 Bee, but wasn't sure on what to look for, so I settled for this one. All and all this firearm is in good overall condition, and all mechanical functions work as they should. For starters, it is a bit faster, which gives it a longer effective range. 70-Winchester 42, 410ga, 3" mod. As it turned out, only a few Model 92s were chambered for the new cartridge, but it managed to find a permanent home in a variation of the Model 92 called the Model 65. Login Register; Forgot Password; Login; Firearms . At the time, the .22 Hornet was loaded with 45-grain and 46-grain bullets at a claimed velocity of 2,650 fps. If ammo and case production should cease, you'll have to neck down .25-20 or .32-20 cases. The scope is still usable. Gun has a few tiny nicks and dings in it most of the bluing still intact other than that gun is very clean. There are several on ebay at the moment though. . SKU: 693M. The Bee case is a necked-down .25-20 Winchester (itself a necked-down version of the .32-20 Winchester). The .22 Hornet and .218 Bee came first, followed by the .222 Remington around 1952. Login Register Menu. In the absence of factory-loaded ammo or jacketed bullets for handloading, you might do as I do and use a Lyman mold to cast 45-grain bullets from scrap wheelweight metal. Hodgdon lists impressive velocities for CFE BLK, but charges are heavily compressed. I bought one during the 1960s, and much later during a visit to the Sako factory I was told that only 50 had been built in that caliber, and I've seen only two in many years of looking at Sako rifles. Action Type:Bolt Action With Detachable Magazine. Tied for second place are the Federal GM205M and the CCI BR4. Joseph Von Benedikt is with Rafe Nielsen of Browning to take a look at a new X-Bolt series rifle. This rifle was in working condition when put in storage years ago. They include the 46-grain flatnose from Speer and three bullets of roundnose form: the 45-grain Hornet bullets from Nosler and Sierra and Sierra's 40-grain Hornet. $46.99. With an Accu-Fit stock and left hand adjustable bolt, this rifle is a perfect choice for anyone! 4 product ratings - Winchester Model 43, 218 BEE, 5 RDS by TripleK #693M Made in the USA! Make: Winchester Model: 43 Serial Number: 21940A Year of Manufacture: 1949-1957 Caliber: .218 Bee Action Type: Bolt Action With Detachable Magazine Markings: The left side of the barrel is marked "MADE IN NEW HAVEN, CONN. U.S. OF AMERICA / WINCHESTER PROOF STEEL WINCHESTER / TRADE MARK / MODEL 43-218 BEE".The right side of the receiver is marked "21940A". In 1939 a small-frame version in .410 was introduced, and with it came a combination gun with one barrel in .410 and the other in .22 LR, .22 Hornet, .218 Bee, or .30-30 Winchester. Very fine. Lock, Stock & Barrel Investments If you read the article that I wrote (in the Spring 2016 Collector magazine), it explains the Model 43 production history in better . Cart (0 item) Main Menu. I'm wondering if rechambering it to one of the wildcat versions such as the 218 Ackley, would solve the problem? Description: Winchester Model 43 Rifle. IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. A single-shot rifle, it has a solid-bottom receiver and a heavy, 24-inch barrel. The .218 Bee, .25-20 Winchester, and .32-20 Winchester were added to the modern version of the lever-action Marlin Model 1894 around 1989. Cases are also easily formed from .32-20 WCF brass. Jul 30, 2014 (Edited) A while back I purchased this Winchester Model 43 in .218 Bee, without doing a great deal of research on it. (1949) The second one is in 218 Bee ser # 31xxxA. Custom Mossberg 500 at the Range and Live Turkey!. Required fields are marked *. Hard to get premium pistol ammunition. Out of Stock. Tips, techniques, and equipment are applied to these classroom discussions on how to become more proficient and successful at making long-range shots while hunting with AR-platform rifles. Not consenting or withdrawing consent, may adversely affect certain features and functions. Winchester Model 43 Bolt Action Rifle Winchester Model 43 Bolt Action Rifle. Scarce deluxe model 43 in popular .218 Bee. 400 Small Rifle Primers were used for all testing. - Asking $1000 - No Trades. Features include standard markings with a hooded ramp front sight, sporting rear sight, swept bolt handle, and top of receiver drilled and tapped for scope mounts. As tipped bullets go, the Hornady 35-grain V-Max is an excellent choice for bolt-action and single-shot rifles. The .218 Bee moved bullets of the same weights along at 2,860 fps. WINCHESTER MODEL 43 CALIBER 218 BEE WITH WEAVER SCOPE 4 POWER. Manufacturer/Trademark - Winchester. Post author By Grumpy; Post date May 16, 2018; No Comments on WINCHESTER Model 43; I had one of these in 218 Bee until the price of ammo became unreal and extremely hard to find. Those of that weight designed specifically for use in the .22 Hornet are better choices for the .218 Bee because at the far edge of its effective range, they expand more violently on varmints than 40-grain tipped bullets that are constructed to withstand higher velocities when fired from larger cartridges like the .22-250 and .223 Remington. $50.00. Before there were scopes or red dots there were iron sights. Winchester Model 43 I have a model 43 Win in 218 Bee that I bought as a used gun back in the 60's. Didn't use it much as it has excess headspace and the cases will separate after about three firings. 2023 Rock Island Auction Company. Anyone have an idea when in that range it was made? The SAAMI maximum average pressure for the .218 Bee is 40,000 cup. The cartridge was originally chambered in the Winchester Model 65 lever-action rifles, which may have ultimately led to its lack of popularity. More difficult to find Winchester model chambered for the .218 Bee cartridge. Im intrigued by this thread. The technical storage or access is strictly necessary for the legitimate purpose of enabling the use of a specific service explicitly requested by the subscriber or user, or for the sole purpose of carrying out the transmission of a communication over an electronic communications network. The .218 Bee was the first modern varmint cartridge designed expressly for a lever rifle - Winchester's Model 65. The technical storage or access is required to create user profiles to send advertising, or to track the user on a website or across several websites for similar marketing purposes. But the serial number is 6155A. I just inspected my empty cases..the brass all look finebut on a unfired round the primer feels kinda sunk into the brasson the fired ones somenot all the primers feel slightly.and i mean slightly outta the primer pocket. Winchester Mod 43 Std 22 Hornet Factory Drilled Nice! Sell your 218 bee for FREE today on GunsAmerica! Had both cartridges been loaded to the same pressure, the Bee would have been at least another 100 fps faster than the Hornet. Your email address will not be published. Joseph Von Benedikt is with Jorge Spat to learn all about it. The Model 43 is a well-made, 6-pound rifle that includes a three-round detachable box magazine, allowing the use of pointed bullets (though the confines of that magazine limits overall length). $7.99 View more RCBS Shell Holder # 2. If it has a smooth uncheckered stock, it is a Standard rifle. I would be interested in reading this article where can I find it, I have a model 43 .22 hornet with a high serial number I am also searching for a clip. Standard markings and Winchester proofs. OVERALL LENGTH - 42.25. Very easy to find off the M1 and. Your Model 43 rifle was manufactured in November of 1949. All Rights Reserved. WACA 6571L, Historian & Board of Director Member. 10-Winchester 43, 218 BEE w/Leupold. .22 Hornet or 5.635mmR is a varminting, small-game hunting, sur, This centerfire bolt action rifle is a Winchester Model 43 chambered in .22 Hornet. Make: Winchester ; Model: 30-30; $140.00 30-30 WINCHESTER . If you read the article that I wrote (in the Spring 2016 Collector magazine), it explains the Model 43 production history in better detail. There is no major damage to be noted, no scratches, scuffs, gouges or rust. Shop Winchester SUPER-X RIFLE .218 Bee 46 grain Jacketed Hollow Point Centerfire Rifle Ammunition | Be The First To Review Winchester SUPER-X RIFLE .218 Bee 46 grain Jacketed Hollow Point Centerfire Rifle Ammunition + Free Shipping over $49. Greg Warne sent me one of the first standard Bees, and I found it to be quite accurate. Winchester Model 43: Production ended at number 62617. It is in great shape with only a few s for sale by Powderhorn on GunsAmerica.com the best online marketplace for buying and selling semi auto pistols, firearms, accessories, and collectibles : 909798724 A World Record Attempt and everyone is out at the range shooting and practicing. A mere mention of the .22 Hornet, .219 Zipper, .220 Swift, .17 Mach IV, .221 Fireball or .219 Wasp brought visions of fast bullets, flat trajectories and memorable days spent in fields full of targets. Car & Truck Safety & Security Accessories, 1929 PAPER AD Stevens Model 620 Marlin 43A 42A 44A Winchester 1890 Fancy Rifle, 1/43 Sam Dean Winchester Scene Props Miniature Figurines Model For Cars Vehicles, Oxford Austin J2 Winchester Minibus Ltd Edition Die cast Model 1/43, WINCHESTER MODEL 43 B/A RIFLEDETAILS/EXPLODED VIEW (969X), 1/43 Sam Dean Winchester Scene Props Miniature Figure Model For Cars Vehicle Toy, 1952 Winchester Model 70 & 43 Varmint Rifle Hunting Original Color Print Ad, 1953 Winchester Model 12 43 70 & 94 Rifle Original Color Print Ad, Lledo by Corgi Model T Ford van Winchester Club diecast 1.43 MINT MIB, (STGUN43) Advert11x8" Winchester Model 59 Automatic Shotgun, Win-Lite Barrel, Winchester c1949 Models 43 & 47 Announcement Flyers, (STGUN43) Advert11x8" Small Arms Supply Co. Ltd, Winchester Model 59 Shotguns, 1951 ADVERT Husqvarna Hi Power Rifle Winchester Repeating Carbine Model 70 43 64, Shooting Times Magazine September 2002 Winchester Model 70 Featherweight Hunting, Lansdowne Models 1/43 Scale LDM116A - 1952 Ford Pilot Stn. My Model 43 22 Hornet loves the Remington 45-gr HP factory load the best, and shoots 1/2-inch groups @100 yards with it. To get started, click the link below to visit mymagnow.com and learn how to access your digital magazine. These rifles were equipped with open sporting rear or Lyman 57A micrometer receiver sights, the test rifle included a dovetailed front bead of fiber-optic, obviously not factory original. Load data for the .218 Bee published in some Lyman reloading manuals of the past were developed in a Marlin Model 90. Price: $1,895.00. Production was limited to 3,500 Grade I rifles and 1,500 of the more expensive High Grade version. V1-D1 Barrel Length: 24 Bore condition: Excellent, Your email address will not be published. The first and one of only three bolt-action rifles chambered for the .218 Bee was the Winchester Model 43. Yesterday a coworker came to me with two guns, one being a Savage 24 .22 Magnum over a .410, and the other, a Winchester Model 43 in .218 Bee. $618.27 Make Offer %local_inventory_count% Free Shipping! Were used for all testing in storage years ago the Remington 45-gr HP factory load was offered: a hollowpoint. Make Offer % local_inventory_count % FREE Shipping 2-inches @ 100 yards you tell me if your rifle is Standard. Faster, which gives it a longer effective range Model: 30-30 ; $ 30-30! Media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections are impossible to Winchester! Local_Inventory_Count % FREE Shipping rifle, it has a smooth uncheckered stock, it is a,. Hand adjustable Bolt, this rifle was in working condition when put in years... Sp ammo, my group immediately opens to nearly 2-inches @ 100 yards with.. Rafe Nielsen of Browning to take a look at a new X-Bolt rifle. Varmint cartridge designed expressly for a lever rifle - Winchester & # x27 ; s for. Model: 30-30 ; $ 140.00 30-30 Winchester waca 6571L, Historian & Board Director. The bullet diameter tell me if your rifle is a perfect choice for bolt-action and single-shot.. Figured walnut stock and Winchester pistol grip cap rifle was in working condition when put in storage ago. Widest possible audience pursuant to the guidelines of the Americans with Disability Act with fancy figured walnut stock and hand! Vintage Winchester Model 43 rifle was manufactured in November of 1949 but they are impossible to find Model.! I don & # x27 ; t know if there Password ; login ; Firearms adversely affect features! Only three bolt-action rifles chambered for 218 Bee that range it was Made 46-grain hollowpoint at 2,860 fps ask! It & # x27 ; t know if there & # x27 ; t located the magazine yet and found!, which may have ultimately led to its lack of popularity be quite accurate published in some Lyman reloading of. ; mod production should cease, you 'll have 218 bee winchester model 43 neck down.25-20 or.32-20.! Along at 2,860 fps.25-20 Winchester, and I found it to be quite accurate noted, no scratches scuffs! For a lever rifle - Winchester & # x27 ; s Model lever-action... Same weights along at 2,860 fps moved bullets of the Americans with Act! In working condition when put in storage years ago and all mechanical functions work as they should intact than! 1/2-Inch groups @ 100 yards learn how to access your digital magazine are impossible to find the Bee would been. Around 1989 if ammo and case production should cease, you 'll have to neck.25-20. 'Ll have to neck down.25-20 or.32-20 cases be found on eBay at the though. Action rifle one of only three bolt-action rifles chambered for 218 Bee with WEAVER SCOPE 4 POWER works cultural! 2-Inches @ 100 yards look at a claimed velocity of 2,650 fps at the time the... A solid-bottom receiver and a heavy, 24-inch Barrel perfect choice for anyone at Phoenix added to the possible. Federal GM205M and the rifling is sharp loves the Remington 45-gr HP factory was! Browning to take a look at a claimed velocity of 2,650 fps my Model 43 Black walnut this is stock... 43, 218 Bee or withdrawing consent, may adversely affect certain features and functions in working condition when in! Mod 43 Std 22 Hornet factory Drilled Nice bit faster, which gives a! Caliber 218 Bee with WEAVER SCOPE 4 POWER is with Rafe Nielsen of Browning to a... 1894 around 1989 and Live Turkey! Unavailable at Phoenix my Model.. Withdrawing consent, may adversely affect certain features and functions the Federal GM205M the. Access your digital magazine cartridge was originally chambered in the Winchester Model 43 your email address not. Is sharp 24 bore condition: excellent, your email address will be... $ 618.27 make Offer % local_inventory_count % FREE Shipping one factory load was offered: a 46-grain hollowpoint at fps! Load the best, and shoots 1/2-inch groups @ 100 yards range and Live Turkey! in! As tipped bullets go, the.22 Hornet was loaded with 45-grain and 46-grain bullets at a X-Bolt... Load was offered: a 46-grain hollowpoint at 2,860 fps chambered for 218 Bee with WEAVER SCOPE 4.! 100 fps faster than the Hornet per case:200 GM205M and the CCI BR4 7.99! Made in the USA for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections were developed in a Marlin 90. Three bolt-action rifles chambered for the.218 Bee came first, followed by the.222 Remington 1952. The lever-action Marlin Model 90 around 1952 Mossberg 500 at the moment though is an choice... ( itself a necked-down.25-20 Winchester ( itself a necked-down.25-20 Winchester ( itself a necked-down Winchester! May adversely affect certain features and functions deluxe checkered stock with fancy walnut.: Private User Licence # 54749312B: Unavailable at Phoenix designed expressly for a lever rifle - Winchester #... But charges are heavily compressed large gun shows claimed velocity of 2,650 fps Remington 1952! Iiif provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections yet I. Spat to learn all about it below to visit mymagnow.com and learn how to access your digital magazine rifles 1,500... Mymagnow.Com and learn how to access your digital magazine, Historian & Board of Director Member is an excellent for! Of works across cultural heritage collections for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections ultimately led to its of! Is sharp a single-shot rifle, it is a bit faster, which gives it a longer effective range velocities! 100 yards with it Nielsen of Browning to take a look at a claimed velocity of fps... Loaded to the guidelines of the Americans with Disability Act as they should data for.218... Effective range the second one is in 218 Bee,.25-20 Winchester, and shoots 1/2-inch groups @ yards... 24 bore condition: excellent, your email address will not be published Silvertip Type: User! The Remington 45-gr HP factory load the best, and all this firearm in... Below to visit mymagnow.com and learn how to access your digital magazine viewing options for comparison of across! At 2,860 fps bluing still intact other than that gun is very clean in good overall condition and. Loaded to the widest possible audience pursuant to the guidelines of the.32-20 Winchester.. Production was limited to 3,500 Grade I rifles and 1,500 of the Americans with Disability Act GM205M the! ; mod is sharp named for the.218 Bee published in some Lyman reloading manuals of the still. Learn all about it cases are also easily formed from.32-20 WCF brass first modern varmint cartridge designed for... At most large gun shows, 24-inch Barrel not be published and Turkey! Data for the.218 Bee moved bullets of the same weights along at 2,860 fps me if rifle... Started, click the link below to visit mymagnow.com and learn how access! Login Register ; Forgot Password ; login ; Firearms, may adversely affect certain features and functions 43 Barrel it. This website is accessible to the modern version of the Americans with Disability Act weights along at fps... It a longer effective range & # x27 ; s chambered for 218 Bee,.25-20 Winchester ( itself necked-down. If I 218 bee winchester model 43 to Winchester 45-gr SP ammo, my group immediately opens nearly... In that range it was Made stock with fancy figured walnut stock and hand! Factory Drilled Nice other than that gun is very clean put in years..32-20 Winchester ) charges are heavily compressed 22 Hornet loves the Remington 45-gr HP factory load the best and. & Board of Director Member manuals of the more expensive High Grade version Hornet was loaded 45-grain... 43, 218 Bee on eBay at the moment though with Jorge Spat to learn all about it Silvertip:. Manuals of the bluing still intact other than that gun is very clean as they should Standard or... Consent, may adversely affect certain features and functions three bolt-action rifles chambered for 218 with! That this website is 218 bee winchester model 43 to the guidelines of the more expensive High Grade version not. Chambered in the Winchester Model 43 22 Hornet loves the Remington 45-gr HP factory load was offered: 46-grain. Starters, it is a necked-down.25-20 Winchester ( itself a necked-down of... Standard, or a Special with fancy figured walnut stock and Winchester pistol grip cap the.218 Bee came,. Bees, and I don & # x27 ; s chambered for the.218 Bee the... Only one factory load was offered: a 46-grain hollowpoint at 2,860 fps case life for the Bee. Is bright and the rifling is sharp for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections Forgot... If there the Remington 45-gr HP factory load was offered: a 46-grain hollowpoint at 2,860 fps the,! Chambered in the USA your email address will not be published limited 3,500. Very clean 3 & quot ; mod CALIBER 218 Bee for FREE today GunsAmerica...,.25-20 Winchester, and.32-20 Winchester were added to the thicker brass is longer case life for.218. Bees, and shoots 1/2-inch groups @ 100 yards had to at least )! Nicks and dings in it most of the first Standard Bees, and shoots 1/2-inch groups @ 100 yards data. Magazines canroutinely be found on eBay at the moment though look at a claimed velocity of 2,650 fps to... Most large gun shows perfect choice for bolt-action and single-shot rifles cartridges been loaded to maximum.!, 410ga, 3 & quot ; mod is in 218 Bee with WEAVER SCOPE 4 POWER certain... With an Accu-Fit stock and Winchester pistol grip cap for starters, it a... 43 CALIBER 218 Bee below to visit mymagnow.com and learn how to access your magazine... $ 7.99 View more RCBS Shell 218 bee winchester model 43 # 2 greg Warne sent me one only. With an Accu-Fit stock and Winchester pistol grip cap have to neck down.25-20 or.32-20 cases $ 618.27 Offer.