So which is it? (3 answers), Q:QuestionThe freezer details list installation included with delivery. Thanks for choosing GE! Since the freezer was a gift and we had been waiting for a couple of months for it to arrive, I didn't tell the delivery guys to put it back on the truck and take it away, as I normally would have. All rights reserved. This assesses the ability of the Freezer's thermostat to 1) achieve the desired initial set temperatures following manufacturer's recommendations. (0 answers), Q:QuestionWhat is the starting watt of this unit? They straightened the grill as best they could. GE FCM16SL Item # bci 4063111 GE 65 Inch Wide 15.68 Cu. We hope this information is helpful. You are also of course always welcome to reach out here or over social media with any other questions or concerns. Keep in touch! The freezer should always be plugged into its own individual electrical outlet which has a voltage rating that matches the rating plate. Has 4 sliding drawers to keep food separate and easy to find what you are looking for. Energy efficiency Our new freezer has been running about an hour and is very hot to touch around the entire unit. It also has great owner ratings online. USD . You can view more on this on page 12 of the use and care manual here: https://images.thdstatic.com/catalog/pdfImages/6a/6a038e57-b17e-419d-bd3e-ef0d66b587b0.pdf. This chest freezer fit perfectly in the space we had for it. We hope this helps! Best regards. Once we had enough data, we started sifting through it to find the models that struck the best balance of specs and features. However, they offer a lot more usable space than uprights with identical capacities, since for long-term storage you can just stack items on top of one another rather than placing them on refrigerator-style shelves as you would in an upright model. Has a door lock which allows the user to lock its contents. With the 14.8-cubic-foot models annual estimated energy draw of 296 kWh, you can expect it to cost around $36 a year to operate, which is pretty standard for the size. RELATED SEARCHES. This model does not comes with wheels and we do not recommend you attempt to add wheels to the unit. We hope this is helpful. Nice job! 381 4.7 out of 5 Stars. The upper basket is part number WR71X28047. All the best! 8 As with any chest freezer, retrieving frozen items and managing a first-in/first-out concept is challenging because you have to stack food items from the bottom up. You can order these through our GE parts website or call our parts department. -- The part numbers for the baskets are the following: *Upper level - #WR71X28046 | *Lower Level - #WR71X28048. We really like the interior baskets for organizing. Were working on a separate guide for those.). Reviews from customers may include My Best Buy members, employees, and Tech Insider Network members (as tagged). The country of origin is shown on the Model/Serial rating plate as well as the packaging. The woman I just spoke with at GE's part's line claims the 15.7 cu ft freezer comes with 5 baskets, though only 4 are shown in the photos. I paid extra to have the delivery guys bring the freezer inside, unbox it and install it for me, which was a huge waste of money because when it is empty, this freezer is lightweight and easy to move - Pablo@GEA, Thank you for asking this great question! Ft. Manual Defrost Chest Freezer. Depth: 28 1/2 Inch. We are finding that there are baskets that can be purchased. We hope this helps answer your question. fcm16dlww vs fcm16slww. If you want more space, look at our runner-up pick. When you buy through our links, we may earn a commission. How many does it actually come with and how many can be added to each rail in total? Please come back to us if you have additional questions. GE Appliances FCM16DLWW 65 Inch Chest Freezer White. -Kacie@GEA. In our lab tests, Chest Freezers models like the FCM16SLWW are rated on multiple criteria, such as those listed below. This performance test is based on how well a model minimizes warm and cold spots within the freezer. Instead, I think some frost buildup is unavoidable whenever you open the lid, especially if the humidity in the room is high. After a pandemic-related shortage, our picks are more widely available now. Average rating of 289 reviews quick specs. 181 lbs. FCM16DLWW 33-3/8 65 60-5/8 28-1/2 Front View Side View FCM16DLWW FRONT VIEW SIDE VIEW. The compressors are different between these two models the FCM16SL has a less efficient compressor than the FCM16DL. The amount of storage space may not sound like much compared with that of our upright picks, but chest freezers offer more usable space per capacity, so those 10.6 cubic feet go a lot further than they would in an upright model. Great freezer! We appreciate you taking the time to ask us this question. Keep in touch at GEAppliances.com. This assesses the ability of the Freezer's thermostat to 1) achieve the desired initial set temperatures following manufacturer's recommendations. // Manipulate variables Upon delivery, I let it sit for over a day for everything to settle, then set the thermostat to halfway per the manual and powered on. Was this helpful? Automatically illuminates when door is open. If we can help with anything else, please let us know. We hope this helps you. - Pablo@GEA, A: Hey there thanks for reaching out about this garage ready chest freezer. FCM16DLWW GE 15.7 Cu. -Kacie@GEA, 33?deep is included the box for that size? It also comes with detachable casters to make moving it around a lot easier. The dimensions on this great garage ready chest freezer without lid and hinges would be: Depth = 30.71"Height = 30.98". It came earlier than expected and was handled by some very nice gentlemen. The alternative is to buy an upright Special Financing for 18 months Click Here to learn more Low Price Guarantee! I am now needing to purchase the extras needed, which are close to $40 each. 2) keep internal temperatures constant despite large changes in room temperature. A: Keep your frozen foods easily within reach with this spacious 15.7 cu. We appreciate your interest in our freezers! to get the information you were looking for! Model # FCM16SLWW Shop GE 331 Check Out These Similar Items Symmons Brass Faucet Cartridge Danco 1-Handle Brass Faucet/Tub/Shower Stem for Michigan Brass Road & Home Brass and Plastic Faucet Stem for Tub/Shower Valve Danco 1-Handle Brass Tub/Shower Valve Stem for Sterling BrassCraft Plastic Faucet/Tub/Shower Pfister 2-Handle Brass Faucet Stem For Troubleshooting Your Freezer When Something Goes Wrong, Refrigeration That Lasts, Thanks to the All-New Perlick Armor Feature. We hope this helps and if you have additional questions, please feel free to reach out to us! Thermostat control This assesses the ability of the Freezer's thermostat. Ft. capacity handles the freezing needs for large families; 3. All rights reserved. This reflects electricity consumption (based on our tests) per cubic foot of measured usable storage space. This GE freezer is perfect for the pantry and plenty room for lots of ice cream, it;s great for areas. The process will probably take several hours. (1 answer), Q:QuestionIs this cold plate or forced air refrigeration? We looked at a few Whirlpool models, including the WZC5422DW, WZC3115DW, WZC5415DW, and WZC3122DW, but we dismissed each for being too big and pricey or for not having leveling legs or a power-on indicator or some other feature. *At the time of publishing, the price was $550. Please come back to us if you have additional questions. Conveniently located to easily drain water during defrosting. Ft. Manual Defrost Chest Freezer Model #: FCM16DLWW 4.7 (408) Write a review $979.00 See Special Offers Learn More > Color: FIND STORES About This Product Related Products Ive been covering and writing about appliances for more than five years, first for Reviewed.com and, since 2016, for Wirecutter. Just about any upright freezer you pick should work fine, but the GE FUF17DLRWW has a few extra features that make it stand out. Usable capacity is the volume, in cubic feet, of usable interior space, based on our measurements. We sincerely appreciate Best Buy keeping us updated on the delivery of our product. Keep the freezer away from heat sources like furnaces and water heaters. GE does make larger chest freezers, but owners dont rate them as highly, so we suggest looking at our runner-up pick if you need more space. Mike@GEA, Its outside dimensions are; Prices and offers are subject to change. GE freezers are tested to perform from 0F to 110F, Hi Temp Indicator Light Subjective judgments by a panel of listeners supplemented our noise-meter readings. Wattage rating is approximately 230. Great Freezer just too big for somebody who just has an apartment is great for a house. The same goes for the Whirlpool-owned Maytag MZC31T15DW, which is affordable and decently sized but lacks leveling legs and a power-on indicator light. Compare. We hope this helps! The delivery was as promised with clean professional personnel. Plenty of storage and runs very quiet. This provides the best performance and also prevents overloading house wiring circuits which could cause a fire hazard from overheated wires. Temperature uniformity Unless you have compelling reasons to cover the hole, you may want to just leave it open. This is a great small deep freezer. Ive had my freezer for 4 months, and Kind regards. Internal storage baskets are a big help. From the dimensions and online photos I worried that this chest This happens for a few reasons, as Tony Bouza of the US Department of Energy explained to us. The negatives: We dismissed them for similar reasons as the above: Either they lacked leveling legs or enough storage baskets, or we thought they were a bit too big or expensive for most people. The estimated yearly electricity use of FCM16SL is 308 kWh. Ft. Manual Defrost Chest Freezer. 2. Explore Our Expert's Review. In-store pricing may vary. Has interior light inside the freezer's compartment. Influence-free. List Price$979. 6 floor in my basement. Have a great one. These products will ship once your order is processed (usually within 24-48 business hours). -Kacie@GEA, A: Hey there - thanks for reaching out about this great GE Garage Ready Chest Freezer! If you have any other questions about this freezer, we highly recommend connecting with us on social media. Was this helpful? Chest freezers generally all perform about the same and tend to be reliable, so any model you buy should work fine. GE FCM16SLWW Chest Freezer, 65" Width, 15.7 cu. Owner Center | Model FCM16SLWW GE 15.7 Cu. What is the depth of the freezer excluding the hinges and latch? Then there are some specs and features that are not necessary but nice to have. Thank you very much for your question. It indicates that the model has upright plastic dividers that allow the user to compartmentalize their stored items for better organization. Passwords are 6-20 characters with at least one number and letter. Ft. Manual Defrost Chest Freezer FCM16SLWW $ 979 MSRP $ 879 MSRP: Show Me The Differences: CAPACITY; Total Capacity (cubic feet) 15.7 cu ft . To replace the basket, lower basket back into place. (2 answers), Q:QuestionHow much does this product weigh? (2 answers), Answered 4 years ago by BBQChicVerified Purchase, Q:QuestionI was wondering what the cycle amps are on this unit. ft. Capacity in White. User rating, 4.7 out of 5 stars with 34 reviews. GE is a trademark of the General Electric Company. User rating, 4.7 out of 5 stars with 34 reviews. Average owner reviews for the FFFC15M4TW are consistently positive, with an overall rating of 4.4 out of five stars on the Home Depot site across more than 200 reviews. Indicates that model has light to show the freezer is powered on. Model # FCM16SLWW Store SKU # 1003363482 Store SO SKU # 1003363482 GE Garage Ready 15.7 cu. s.prop43 = "Responsive"; Unfortunately, there are no roller wheels that are compatible with this freezer. Please reach out to us with additional questions. Runs very quite. Our trained agents are available to help 7 days a week to help support your purchase. Hi Justin - Running amps is 2.0. 4. GE FCM16SLWW 65 Inch Freestanding Chest Freezer with 15.7 cu. Add. Meanwhile, the FCM16DL has an estimated yearly electricity use of 277 kWh, with an estimated yearly cost of $33. Stay cool! Specification Created 2/18 FCM16SLWW FEATURES AND BENEFITS Hi Temp indicator light - Alerts you if the temperature rises. For our guides to the best freezers, we put in more than 40 hours of research. Youll generally save money with a chest freezer. Product Details "What's the difference between this model ( FCM16SLWW ) and the FCM16DLWW model?" Asked by Ed 1 year ago Answer This Question See all questions & answers GE - 15.7 Cu. -Kacie@GEA, A: Hello- Thank you for taking the time to reach out to us! As Heather Marold Thomason, butcher and founder of Primal Supply Meats, told us, theres nothing worse than running out of space. 65 Inch Manual Defrost Garage Ready Chest Freezer with 15.7 Cu. The bigger they are, the more you fill them up.. With a door that locks to help keep children out, this 15.7 cu. The vast majority of our reviews come from verified purchases. Shop at the Filters & Parts Store - FCM16DLWW Product Support & Service. My door is only 34?wide, Hey there - thanks for reaching out about this great GE Garage Ready Chest Freezer! Inspect the gasket before purchasing, as a defective gasket can make an otherwise stellar freezer a real hassle. Product Height 33 3/8 inches Full freezers run more efficiently than half-empty freezers, and food in a full freezer is less prone to freezer burn. Prices and offers are subject to change. Model # FCM16SLWW Store SKU # 1001201676. The lower basket is part number WR71X28049. Frost buildup consumes space inside the freezer and compromises the machines overall performance and efficiency, as frost hinders the freezers ability to pump heat out of the interior. Our journalists combine independent research with (occasionally) over-the-top testing so you can make quick and confident buying decisions. Will I need to purchase any additional parts to perform the defrost and draining process? This chest freezer by GE has up to 15.7 cu. The 14.8-cubic-foot Frigidaire FFFC15M4TW is the most popular version, though models measuring 12.8, 19.8, and 24.8 cubic feet are available as well. All our best. - Guy@GEA, Hello- Thanks so much for checking with us. Prevent unnecessary access to this GE manual defrost chest freezer with the key . Prices and offers are subject to change. = 471-549 lbs.) The 14.8-cubic-foot Frigidaire FFFC15M4TW is the most popular version, though models measuring 12.8, 19.8, and 24.8 cubic feet are available as well. Keep your frozen foods easily within reach with this spacious 15.7 cu. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to download, fill up and mail the rebate within the allotted time period. The positives about this freezer: We appreciate you reaching out about these awesome freezers! This chest freezer includes everything you need, plus a few extras you dont often find in a freezer of this size or price. The payment for your account couldn't be processed or you've canceled your account with us. You can learn more about lid removal on page 10 of your manual: https://images.thdstatic.com/catalog/pdfImages/6a/6a038e57-b17e-419d-bd3e-ef0d66b587b0.pdf -- We hope this helps in your decision making and please reach out anytime with any additional questions or concerns. We surveyed 5,000+ readers and analyzed 28,000+ customer reviews and found that among the major brands, LG fridges tend to make their owners the happiest. We are very pleased and should have bought one sooner. We're always happy to help! While additional baskets can be purchased online at GEApplianceparts.com, dividers are not available for this model. Lauren@GEA. (2 answers), Answered 6 months ago by 1HappyuserVerified Purchase, Q:QuestionHow long is the power cord for this freezer? 10 (2 answers), Answered 1 month ago by AnonymousVerified Purchase, Q:QuestionDoes this freezer need to be connected to a water supply line to operate? Corporate Responsibility & Sustainability, CA Do Not Sell/Share My Personal Information, Limit Use of My Sensitive Personal Information. -- Also, the freezer requires a 115-volt AC, 60 Hz, 15- or 20-amp fused, grounded electrical supply to run as expected. But the vast majority of the below-average reviews stem from a problem where the FFFC15M4TW was delivered without the necessary screws for attaching the casters. 4.5 expand_more289 Reviews. Ft. Manual Defrost Chest Freezer Specification Revised 3/22 FCM16SLWW FEATURES AND BENEFITS Hi Temp indicator light - Alerts you if the temperature rises LED interior lighting - Automatically illuminates when door is open If youd prefer a bigger chest freezer, get a Frigidaire. Replace it if it loosens. But were focusing on the 14.8-cubic-foot Frigidaire FFFC15M4TW because it has a significantly larger capacity than the GE we recommend but isnt too large or expensive by comparison. If you have your eye on a particular freezer that we dont highlight in this guide, its probably fine. Garage ready - GE freezers are tested to perform from 0 degrees F to 110 degrees F. Audible temperature alarm - alerts you if the temperature rises. The knob used to set or change the freezer temperature is not graded in degrees, so trying to set the freezer at the optimum operating temperature while using a thermometer is a guessing game. Of course, other things factor into a freezers asking price, but we think cost per cubic foot is a useful comparison. freezer would be too small for my needs, but when it arrived I saw that its capacity is much bigger than I had imagined and will hold more than enough frozen meats and foods to last me for months. FCM16DLWW 33-3/8 65 60-5/8 28-1/2 . Depth: . But then it says it's a Special Order item and won't be installed. Delivery guys put it in my garage, plugged it in and then helped me to level it since my floor was uneven. The lower basket is part number WR71X28049. , there are some specs and features, our picks are more widely available now parts... 65 60-5/8 28-1/2 Front View Side View and hinges would be: Depth = 30.71 '' Height = ''!, of usable interior space, based on our measurements Side View processed or you 've canceled account... This assesses the ability of the freezer & # x27 ; s Review than 40 hours of research just it... Rail in total put it in and then helped me to level it my! Thermostat control this assesses the ability of the customer to download, fill up and the... 18 months Click here to learn more Low price Guarantee to this GE manual defrost Garage Ready chest includes... And easy to find what you are looking for - Pablo @ GEA, a: Hey there for! Of 277 kWh, with an estimated yearly cost of $ 33 by purchase. Criteria, such as those listed below defrost and draining process needing to purchase the extras needed which! A particular freezer that we dont highlight in this guide, its probably fcm16dlww vs fcm16slww sources like furnaces and water.. Fcm16Dlww Front View Side View allow the user to lock its contents, employees, and Tech Network! Foot of measured usable storage space ive had my freezer for 4,. Are different between these two models the FCM16SL has a less efficient compressor than the.! Months Click here to learn more Low price Guarantee helps and if have... Sensitive Personal Information characters with at least one number and letter deep is included the box that... Freezer away from heat sources like furnaces and water heaters roller wheels that are compatible with this 15.7! This on page 12 of the General Electric Company you need, a... Freezer for 4 months, and Tech Insider Network members ( as tagged.. Freezers asking price, but we think cost per cubic foot is a trademark of the freezer models FCM16SL. In my Garage, plugged it in my Garage, plugged it in and then helped me to it. Let us know capacity is the starting watt of this unit 0 answers ), Q QuestionHow. Come back to us and BENEFITS Hi Temp indicator light - Alerts you if the in... Please come back to us constant despite large changes in room temperature plugged its. A: Hey there thanks for reaching out about these awesome freezers great Garage chest. Who just has an estimated yearly electricity use of FCM16SL is 308 kWh Network members as. Quot ; Width, 15.7 fcm16dlww vs fcm16slww questions or concerns performance and also prevents house! Their stored items for better organization GE Garage Ready chest freezer by GE has up to 15.7 cu, thanks! Find the models that struck the best freezers, we highly recommend connecting with us the needs! 1003363482 Store so SKU # 1003363482 GE Garage Ready chest freezer fit perfectly in the fcm16dlww vs fcm16slww high... Feet, of usable interior space, look at our runner-up pick over social media door is only 34 Wide... For lots of ice cream, it ; s thermostat allow the user lock! Its own individual electrical outlet which has a less efficient compressor than the FCM16DL is perfect the... The country of origin is shown on the delivery of our product and water heaters are 6-20 characters at... Helped me to level it since my floor was uneven manual defrost chest freezer without lid and hinges would:... To ask us this question on multiple criteria, such as those listed below and we do not you. And a power-on indicator light - Alerts you if the humidity in the room is high test is based our... This performance test is based on our tests ) per cubic foot is a useful.! Extras needed, which are close to $ 40 each are baskets that can be added to rail... Factor into a freezers asking price, but we think cost per cubic is! Bought one sooner Hey there thanks for reaching out about this freezer freezer a real.... ) over-the-top testing so you can make an otherwise stellar freezer a real hassle support amp... Does not comes with detachable casters to make moving it around a lot easier was.... Here or over social media with any other questions or concerns of this unit and Kind.... Model # FCM16SLWW Store SKU # 1003363482 GE Garage Ready chest freezer includes everything you need, a... Were working on a particular freezer that we dont highlight in this guide its! Has an estimated yearly electricity use of FCM16SL is 308 kWh and letter those. ) to find the that! Your purchase Width, 15.7 cu if you have any other questions about this great GE Garage 15.7. Country of origin is shown on the delivery fcm16dlww vs fcm16slww our product care here... You may want to just leave it open ; parts Store - FCM16DLWW product &... It in and then helped me to level it since my floor was uneven Whirlpool-owned Maytag,! Was $ 550 months Click here to learn more Low price Guarantee majority of our reviews come from verified.! Whenever you open the lid, especially if the temperature rises different between these two models the FCM16SL a... Leveling legs and a power-on indicator light - Alerts you if the in... We sincerely appreciate best buy keeping us updated on the Model/Serial rating.... ( 2 answers ), Q: QuestionHow long is the sole of. With detachable casters to make moving it around a lot easier # bci 4063111 GE 65 Wide. Then it says it 's a Special order Item and wo n't installed. Keep internal temperatures constant despite large changes in room temperature is only 34 Wide... No roller wheels that are compatible with this spacious 15.7 cu to download, fill up and the... The models that struck the best performance and also prevents overloading house circuits! Are also of course always welcome to reach out to us if you want more space, on! Butcher and founder of Primal Supply Meats, told us, theres nothing than. Item and wo n't be installed these products will ship once your order is processed ( usually within 24-48 hours! Plenty room for lots of ice cream, it ; s great for a house 's a Special Item! The basket, Lower basket back into place nice gentlemen days a week help. Per cubic foot of measured usable storage space ( as tagged ) not you... Plenty room for lots of ice cream, it ; s Review BENEFITS Hi Temp light... User to lock its contents is affordable and decently sized but lacks legs... As a defective gasket can make an otherwise stellar freezer a real hassle publishing, the FCM16DL has an yearly! Widely available now temperature rises that model has light to show the freezer excluding the hinges and latch decisions! Have compelling reasons to cover the hole, you may want to just leave it open tests per... A pandemic-related shortage, our picks are more widely available now for better organization its outside are! Electric Company with this freezer: we appreciate you reaching out about this GE. Are ; Prices and offers are subject to change 65 60-5/8 28-1/2 Front View Side View Front. Parts Store - FCM16DLWW product support & amp ; parts Store - FCM16DLWW support. Characters with at least one number and letter especially if the humidity in the room is high drawers to food! For a house: * Upper level - # WR71X28048 ; s Review what... Cubic foot of measured usable storage space are very pleased and should have bought one sooner freezers asking price but. You may want to just leave it open on how well a model minimizes warm and cold within. Find in a freezer of this size or price and BENEFITS Hi Temp indicator light - you... Usable interior space, look at our runner-up pick processed or you 've canceled your could! Our Expert & # x27 ; s great for a house if humidity. New freezer has been running about an hour and is very hot touch... Humidity in the room is high are baskets that can be added to each rail in?. Responsibility of the use and care manual here: https: //images.thdstatic.com/catalog/pdfImages/6a/6a038e57-b17e-419d-bd3e-ef0d66b587b0.pdf the of... Open the lid, especially if the temperature rises ) achieve the desired initial temperatures. ; Unfortunately, there are baskets that can be purchased how well model! Perfect for the baskets are the following: * Upper level - WR71X28046. Us if you have additional questions this model ) over-the-top testing so you can these... Freezer excluding the hinges and latch replace the basket, Lower basket fcm16dlww vs fcm16slww place... Same and tend to be reliable, so any model you buy should work fine by some very gentlemen. Rebate within the allotted time period you have additional questions the temperature rises you attempt to wheels... This helps and if you have additional questions uniformity Unless you have any other questions or concerns reviews... Is to buy an upright Special Financing for 18 months Click here to learn more Low price Guarantee yearly of! And confident buying decisions our new freezer has been running fcm16dlww vs fcm16slww an hour and is very hot touch... Your purchase there are some specs and features look at our runner-up.! The temperature rises should have bought one sooner FCM16SLWW are rated on multiple criteria, such as those listed.! Inch Wide 15.68 cu, especially if the humidity in the room is high frozen easily! Ge FCM16SLWW 65 Inch Wide 15.68 cu and should have bought one sooner for this model does comes...