I have only smoked a handful of times in my life and it just happens to be a month ago, but I can wait. Inside the facility keep talking to a minimum. Be honest, move quickly and comply with all tasks and you will get through the process as quickly as possible. He felt as though DODMERB might handle my medical history more favorably and not just DQ without researching it first. Then, I had to do the physical (where they ask you to privately strip down, ask about my tattoos, bend you over and check down there, etc.) Are there any special tests/considerations for females at MEPS? Each Service He appeared euthyroid. They placed him on thyroid medication for Hashimotos thyroiditis. The military has very little tolerance for positive drug tests, and if it comes back positive, you can kiss your chances of joining any branch goodbye. No cysts or nodules identified. Dont smoke again, and go through the process in a few months. The most likely way I believe that these scars were recieved would be that I was a softball player for years and have been cleared with metal softball cleats and ran into chain linked fences more times than I can count, especially with my main position being catcher. I have not needed medication nor treatment in the past 36+ months. My son is applying for 3 service academies (Army, Navy, Air Force) as well as ROTC for each of these 3 branches in order to achieve his dream of becoming an officer in the armed forces. And what happens if he "forgot" to list half or all of the miniscule issues, and then it's discovered down the road? . My OR said he has dealt with a few people that cleared the physical and then got DQ'd when the paperwork from it was sent in and reviewed, but I am sure that is rare and you will probably have no issues (or at worst have to wait on a waiver or two). I was then further questioned about these markings, which i unfortunately could give no answer to the story behind them and was redirected to the doctor who then took a look at them. Posterior Thigh _____ 4. I want to kill! It can take anywhere from 6-8 hours to two days, although that is not as common. I know this is the Marines side of the house but my OSO sent me through DODMERB instead of MEPS. By accepting all cookies, you agree to our use of cookies to deliver and maintain our services and site, improve the quality of Reddit, personalize Reddit content and advertising, and measure the effectiveness of advertising. The doc will ask questions about past incidents (I'm assuming there's self harm - this is the most frequent reason we do psych consults) to see if you fit into a category in the DSM-5. Even if the MEPS doctor still DQ's you, there is still the possibility of getting a medical waiver approved by the branch of service processing for. To prepare for MEPS, gather medical history information prior to heading to to the station. I lift a lot, but I didnt plan on going to MEPS for another four months; so I haven't been getting in running shape. Documents are in Microsoft Word (.docx) format. The functional and financial effects of untreated psychiatric disorders within primary care have led to the development of novel service delivery models to improve access to high-quality, evidence . I value integrity, you're looking at a guy who has a waiver for being honest about a past mistake. I dont take no medication or anything and I havent had any office visits since 2000 in reference about this. I also have a large vericose vein in my right leg above my ankel though. For general enquiries and course availability information call 0208 314 3300. These tests are conducted to ensure you meet the qualifications for the branch you wish to join, the position you are aiming for and that you meet any Department of Defense regulations. It is common for people to be nervous at MEPS and it can sometimes be high. An Hinglish word (Hindi/English). When completing their physical, females will be taken to a private area. I had the interview, which went well also. The letter should conclude with some sign of completing the process and recovery. Showing ownership of past actions without having guilt or remorse is huge. to the empployees was very informative. Areas will be examined and marked either normal, abnormal or not examined. Just so you are aware when I went to MEPS I had a male MD with a female assistant during the physical exam. 62 Posts. Its Jane again. When scheduling your MEPS appointment you will be provided with an approximate time that you will be swearing in. Sonog, Squorch is right; integrity is what your entire career is built upon, and it takes years to create and only seconds or a single choice to destroy. PsychConsult Provider is an enterprise application designed to meet the needs of behavioral health and substance abuse providers. Josh. Navydoc, Excellent vision until then. This screening process tests individuals in varying ways, verifying applicants can meet the demands indicated in each job. If you are qualified, no waiver is needed. Their underlying issue is for slight hyperlordosis, which just needs xrays and medical records to be reviewed. No new nodules identified. The radiology report states that no further sonographic follow-up is recommended. This does not mean that you will or will not get a waiver. Also I scored really high on the mock ASVAB at army career center. Theyre your method of getting into MEPS and into the military. The recruiting officer has pointed out the many mistakes or bad judgement calls he makes. Each record represents one medical condition reported . Early in the day you will be asked to take the ASVAB test. Check-In/Out (Applicant Tracking) Process 9-7 57 . I was PDQ from MEPS and denied a waiver from the Army and Navy for scars suspicious for self mutilation but they aren't.I went to a MEPS psych consult and was cleared to join by the psychiatrist but MEPS doctor said he wouldn't let me process and that I needed a waiver. It hurt so I never did it again. Any help or advice is appreciated, I haven't found much about this online. Rather than self harming I was holding other people down and carving kill in their backs. The United States Army will analyze infections and other conditions of the head, eyes, ears, nose, mouth, and neck. The ways in which military selection procedures are implemented, have been influenced by two important kinds of involvements. As a reminder Tyler has been on the same dose of levoxyl for last 9 years. Due to what appears to me extreme fading of the scars and the fact that my shoulders are covered in acne my view was obstructed from seeing them before that moment, not only that but I dont stare at my shoulders, that would be odd. They pay for it. According to this doctor record, I did not have anxiety on my depression screening, but on my SCARED anxiety screen it is noted from my doctor that 1, 6, 9, 12, 15, 19, 22, 24, 27, 30, 34, 38 > 7 Panic disorder or significant somatic symptons. Will this PDQ me if I never have seen or needed a psychologist for this issue, never taken medicine, or had any issues a few months after my doctor visit. Free T4 results 1.26 (normal range 0.71 2.23 ng/dL). There is a stable subcentimeter cyst in inferior pole. Both surgeries were a result of the injury. Administrative Hold ("N" Status) Process 9-8 58 . This is NOT an official United States Navy or government web site. The only service that might consider waiver is the Army. For some tests, such as blood pressure, you could be asked to see a private health care professional to get separate readings and potential evaluation on why it is high. Vision standards are not a problem from what I have read. When I asked my recruiter, what does it say on my MEPS papers, if I was considered disqualified temp or permanent, he said I wasnt disqualified at all. In the green weights section, the section my recruiter pointed to me was of extreme importance to pack as much good stuff as I can, of the waiver it notes that I was extremely active in my highschool with participation in a variety of sports, clubs, performing arts, many of these I did hold a leadership position in, and over 200 hours of volunteer work to my community. Only disqualified applicants require waivers. As suggested, I asked my recruiter for a copy of my 2808. I would greatly appreciate your insight on this once again. Note 2: The advice and prognostications delivered in the comments by NavyDoc are based on his years of experience as a MEPS Chief Medical Officer, and he is only able take into account the information you provide, so for a more definitive response, ensure you are thorough with the description of your issue(s). The only thing I could think of was to consult with my childhood doctor and get blood work done and get a letter from his office stating I no longer have leukemia and the incision would not cause any problems physically or health wise. I am hoping that you could answer a few questions that I have. Additional information. Thoughts? As always, feel free to email your questions! They are broken into Western Sector and Eastern Sector Battalions. And I walked in, I sat down, they gave me a piece of paper that said: Kid, I went up there, I said, Shrink, I want to kill. They are conducted in almost all continental states. The thing is it was for conditions that I was tested for and found that I do not have, a thyroid condition and ADD. When swearing in the Enlistment Officer will have you repeat the enlisted or officer oath. Commander, Navy Recruiting Commands medical staff (CNRC N3M) which includes a doctor and a small cadre of Navy Corpsman who work at the CNRC headquarters in Millington, Tn. These tests are less invasive and can be completed relatively quickly, barring any issues. (2010) on MEPs' positioning on the Services Directive. The MEPS Medical Questionnaire (DD-2807) will be submitted to MEPS and will be used to determine whether or not we will be able to push forward with your application. Verification Process 9-6 57 . The MEPS process length depends on how many applicants are scheduled on the day you attend. Waiver Process for Prior Drug and/or Alcohol Dependency. During the time, the trial brought great stress upon me. My recruiter wants that in for but hospital disposed of that info. Jul 10, 2013. Recruits will also receive thorough examinations of the heart, spine, and urinary . Accessions Medical Prescreen Report It disqualifies mood conditions such as depression, bipolar disorder, paranoia, and other unidentified depressive problems. How a psych eval works, and lastly being in the Delayed Entry Program. Related Article Navy Jobs List: A List Of All 93 Ratings In The Navy. The Military Entrance Processing Station (MEPS) may have already permanently disqualified the individual, or is concerned they may have a condition which force them to endure the process and anxiety of the medical waiver. It also depends on how prepared you are and if you have taken your ASVAB test prior to attending MEPS. MEPS includes pre-screening, ASVAB testing, (if you do not take it previously), medical evaluations and enlistment activities. Your employment history or school attendance subsequent to rehabilitation is favorable, and. Nearly a decade ago, in an effort to reduce applicant waiting time (which often times extended three months or more), CNRC added to the staff a medical department. They both blame each other for various things and Im not sure how to go forward with this. HELP!!! Coast Guard Jobs: A List of all 24 Jobs in The Coast Guard, Navy Jobs List: A List Of All 93 Ratings In The Navy, Army Commendation Medal (ARCOM): 8 Things To Know, Army Achievement Medal (AAM): 6 Things To Know, Military TDY: Temporary Duty Assignment Explained, UMF 40-8-1-E (Drug/Alcohol and HIV Acknowledgement), USMEPCOM Form (UMF) 40-1-15-1-E (Medical History), UMF 40-1-18 (Identifying/Permanent Markers/Piercings). We took a puliminary function test , came back normal, meps sent him to a pulmonary consult, they said he is normal ranges. Work Plz. While neither waiver in my case is a big deal, it sucks because they are holding up the process for me and I cannot get a FS until they go through. You will complete urinalysis testing including drug testing as well. KILL! MEPS is the most complete source of data on the cost and use of health care and health insurance coverage. A MEPS physician reviews all the forms that the army recruiter has made of you, and if they have . a. They've discharged pilots for less, and at a time like this with the economy and government shakedown that's happening, I wouldn't be jeopardizing a potential career (and a freaking awesome one that others would kill for, mind you) over putting details on paper that likely have no affect on the overall outcome. He told me that on the day they (the recruiting office) had sent waiver requests for a few other people, somehow my paperwork had not been sent until the Friday of that week. Anybody had any experience talking to a MEPS psychiatrist? You have every right to try. Once the final results of the MEPS physical and consultations are complete (including blood work), those results will be sent to N3M for review. d. A minimum of two years has elapsed since release from treatment. As of January 30, 2012, N3M is still known as N3M, but is listed as N33 in the organizational chart. This has been going on for about a week Every time I try to watch a video on Youtube from my laptop I get instantly redirected to "gslbeacon.ligit.com." document.getElementById( "ak_js_1" ).setAttribute( "value", ( new Date() ).getTime() ); Rob V. is the founder of OperationMilitaryKids.org. To dispel a myth, Navy Recruiting does not use the Navy Bureau of Medicine and Surgery (BUMED) to make recommendations for an individuals physical/psychological condition to enter enlisted Naval service. JavaScript is disabled. Although I agree, this does sound odd, I truly was never aware of these marks or the circumstances of which I recieved them, and have no story to them, and was completely unaware of their existence until the woman in the exam room pointed them out and had me squish up my arm to be able to view them. You may have heard that it can be hard to get through MEPS, or that bending the truth may get you through. Learn more about MEPS. Even if we were, we are not the doctors that are familiar with your personal medical concern or condition. I also had one instance of a panic attack that resulted in hospitalization while still in the military. I was told I could schedual a consult through meps, or I could get the consult done myself. Everyone's medical situation is different. A structured treatment milieu and 24-hour medical and skilled nursing care, daily medical evaluation and management, (including The concern is that under the kinds of stress service members endure. You can't BS a BS-er. I wanted to give you an update. I got PDQd for my rosacea which I was diagnosed last year while I was in, they told me I need a waiver and my PULHES code is P3P with ICD 10 code L71.9, what is the possibility that I would get a waiver? The Marine in the office said he understands the situation and believes me because I havent given him reason not to, and told me he would call my recruiter and give him the next steps of the waiver process and the next course of action to begin to move forward from this. Chris, Sent me down the hall, said Youre our boy. Guidence is greatly appriciated! Self-harm is a reason to disqualify and the standard normally is to do that. Underwear is required during your physical. I passed all except the visions test and the color blind test. Hope this helps and good luck! Apparently its rare for someone to even be brought back after self harming and they usually just get PDQd right there. It's not your family doctor. Spanish Help . Addendum: The patient contacted me on March 20. Reddit and its partners use cookies and similar technologies to provide you with a better experience. Comment: The patient questions his long-term need for thyroid medication. Military Selection and Psychological Testing Today - Military psychology can be described as the study of behavior of people working within the Armed Forces' context. The ASVAB should be taken seriously because it will determine not only your ability to get into the Armed Forces but which MOS, AFSC or Rating that you qualify for. Guess your location is less "fail" happy than mine, seems this one has their main priority at finding something to fail you on. permanently disqualified (PDQ) by the MEPS medical department. The Mental Health Intake & Evaluation Forms describe background information, basic medical history and current functioning (such as mood and thought processes) needed for the intake process. To test for any muscle, coordination or posture issues a fitness test will be performed. Back in 2013, I went to MEPS and I was disqualified from enlisting into the Air Force for cardiomegaly. Best for . This process is done by visiting various stations in which you will perform medical and physical testing as well as completing questionnaires. The day before MEPS you will be asked to check into a near-by hotel and go over briefing on what will happen the next day, as well as what you can/cannot bring. It is possible to lie about your depression during MEPS (Military Entrance Process). His blood pressure is 108/78 and his pulse was 78. Who do I speak with if I believe my recruiter and the recruiter office isnt taking this as seriously as I am? 2. My physical was good with the exception of the items we already knew about. The opinions expressed are my own, and may not be in-line with any branches of the government or military. I understand if I fail at MEPS and dont get a waiver, I might not get a second chance? What happens if a waiver isnt given to me, what should my next step be if I refuse to give up? Is it better to do one over the other, or does it matter at all? Im looking to join the Army, I am certain Ill need a psych consult if I even make it that far due to an inpatient stay when I was younger(10+ years ago). If they do give them, it will be entirely based on what the story is. You will learn of any conditions that will require you to bring supporting medical documentation when you go MEPS and any that are disqualifying. Which he didnt have and couldnt give me an exact day or time of when I could do the practice test. Me molesta que mis padres no ______ (cuidar) su alimentacin.. 3. First of all, the approval of a medical waiver is the responsibility of the Commander, Navy Recruiting Command (CNRC). He had no symptoms of thyroid dysfunction. Jimmy aaja, jimmy aaja. Im just worried about them not accepting me. I went to meps and everything. I have recommended that he discontinue his thyroid pills, and return to be rechecked in 2 months. My MEPS does not accept letters in lieu of medical records. The fact that it wasnt an outright no is promising. If the individual has not taken the ASVAB prior to attending MEPS they will complete the test before completing the medical screening portion. This is a process a person goes through after they have gone through the medical screening to join the army. My son had ashma as a kid . If they think youre trying to game them or tell them what they want to hear theyll see through that in a heartbeat. Check out the required ASVAB scores for jobs in each branch of the military below: Prior to actually attending MEPS you will complete a pre-screening process with your recruiter. NavyDoc, With the persistence of his goiter, I believe this is a thoroughly acceptable option. On examination, they thyroid has decreased minimally and is now 1-1/2 times normal size. applicant for further psychological evaluation. She will be getting surgery and back to normal within the next couple months. The doc did allow me to continue with the MEPS process which was doing the duck walk, various other exercises, which I passed btw. This would only require treatment, if he is hypothyroid. This is conducted in private between a medical professional and the applicant only. They will ask what they need to ask to form a complete evaluation. Talking about joining navy. Continue reading for your complete guide to MEPS. If it is ordered by the MEPS doctor then it is no cost to you. Related Article How To Join The Us Army. MEPs depression waiver. The list is comparable to the other branches of the military. Calculate the pH of a solution of 0.157 M pyridine.? This is one of those things you have to weigh. Feb 21, 2020. Posted September 7, 2012. Thank you. Mine was a one time thing per suggestion of a friend. A Navy recruiting blog that delves into the military enlistment process and benefits of service. If you are overweight you will be required to lose the weight before returning to MEPS. Just putting this out there because MEPS giving the okay does not mean absolutely you will have no issues because the final determination is left up to the Navy (IIRC my OR and processor called it the Officer of Medicine). I've never lied about any medical issues, because I've never had any. I will request those immediately and let you know what the papers say. I have had no run ins with the law, no drug usage, no dependants, and no tattoos or piercings other than regular ear lobe piercings for regular earrings. Notify me of follow-up comments by email. But service academies and ROTC programs have their choice of fully qualified applicants, and those not fully qualified ar3e rarely selected. WE DO NOT KNOW THE CHANCES OF YOU GETTING A WAIVER FOR ANY MEDICAL CONDITION OR SITUATION. "Knowing the psychiatric history, screening for mental and substance use disorders, According to the U.S. Army/ National Institute of Mental Health's "The Army Study to Assess Risk and Resilience in Servicemembers (Army STARRS)", the largest study of mental health risk and resilience ever conducted among U.S. military personnel: